PDA

View Full Version : Clerks II

NIGHT MAYOR
02-23-2006, 02:20 AM
dunno if you seen the ad yet or wot, caint wait, i thort kevin smith said he was finished ? oh well, JnSB are always a good laugh

ironmantis
02-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Been waiting for this film for ages, can't wait.

He did say there would be no more J & SB but I think everyone knew he was gonna do Clerks 2.

I haven't really looked at the news on this film for a minute now but I hope Jason Lee makes an appearance in the same scene as Jeff Anderson, that would make the film in just one scene.

peace

NIGHT MAYOR
02-24-2006, 12:47 AM
yeah it looks like it has a gang of the usual suspects in this movie. peace.

tekunique
02-24-2006, 12:58 AM
good to see some kevins smith fans, but i dont think Clerks needed a sequal.

ironmantis
02-24-2006, 05:37 AM
^^^ You're right, the film didn't need a sequel, it is a classic. But would you turn down watching Clerks 2 just because you prefer Kevin to have not made a sequel?

I understand where you're coming from though.

Peace

Frontal Lobotomy
02-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Clerks 2 will be hard pressed to match the first. I mean, the Death Star dialogue is amazing on its own. How they're gonna fit Jay & Silent Bob back into it after Dante put a retraining order on them not being anywhere near the store (Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) could be interesting. I never pictured Kevin Smith as the type to do sequels though, especially on what was his best movie imo.
It better be in black & white too, that was a neat touch

deadlymelody
02-25-2006, 02:59 PM
I'll definately see this, but im not expecting it to match the first. The first was classic. Great acting.

thwak
02-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Clerks 2 will be hard pressed to match the first. I mean, the Death Star dialogue is amazing on its own. How they're gonna fit Jay & Silent Bob back into it after Dante put a retraining order on them not being anywhere near the store (Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) could be interesting. I never pictured Kevin Smith as the type to do sequels though, especially on what was his best movie imo.
It better be in black & white too, that was a neat touch
they're not in front of the quick stop, dante and randall now work in mooby's

Lebanese_Warrior
02-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Everything can be found on www.clerks2.com (http://www.clerks2.com) i've been following the flick pretty closely.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-28-2006, 02:07 AM
in the add their hanging out in the drive thru of mooby's i think the store has burned down. cant wait. hope its not another chasing amy shit storm bullcrap piece of urine.

ironmantis
02-28-2006, 08:00 AM
^^^ I can't believe you didn't like Chasing Amy.

It was completely different from Clerks but still a masterpiece in its own right in my opinion.

peace

NIGHT MAYOR
03-02-2006, 01:05 AM
^^^ I can't believe you didn't like Chasing Amy.

It was completely different from Clerks but still a masterpiece in its own right in my opinion.

peace

take a step back your breath stinks of bullshit

ironmantis
03-03-2006, 08:32 AM
haha, you're a funny guy. How original :no:

It is just an opinion, and until you realise that, you will only be known as a stupid prick.

Wise up.

peace

SurreaL
03-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, were all pretty good, I hope Clerks 2 is nice.

TUCO
03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
i seriously dont get HOW this movie has any strong expectations
just by the first look of it i was already disappointed
sure seeing a sequel to Clerks is always gonna interest me but man this looks like another major-motion picture disaster by Smith

Fr@z
03-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Kevin Smith is a pork chop eatin white devil

NIGHT MAYOR
03-05-2006, 06:00 AM
haha, you're a funny guy. How original :no:

It is just an opinion, and until you realise that, you will only be known as a stupid prick.

Wise up.

peace

stupid prick it is you bullshit artist, chasing amy is far from a masterpiece

ironmantis
03-05-2006, 05:14 PM
^^^ :z as usual, you're response is tiresome.

just because you didn't like Chasing Amy, doesn't mean other people have to agree with you and for you to give me a response of a child, grow up and respect other people's opinions.

Don't bother replying to this, as I will not be responding to any of your crap, you're not worth my time.

NIGHT MAYOR
03-06-2006, 03:51 AM
just because YOU like a movie doesnt make it a master piece you dimwit. the world doesnt revolve around you - and besides what was so great about the movie, your argument is only starting i havent herd the reasons behind it being a "masterpiece" as you put it - i doubt you have anything to say but thanks for the laugh eny ways you infedel.

:thumbup:

NIGHT MAYOR
03-07-2006, 02:36 AM
http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1483.html

add

deadlymelody
07-18-2006, 02:03 AM
Can't wait to see it. Seems nearly all the characters are back! Hope they try to keep a somewhat similar formula. Too bad it isn't black and white.

baby jesus
07-18-2006, 10:02 AM
I Want To See This Because I'm A Fan Of Clerks But Seein The Commercials Really Are Gettin Me A Little Nervous That This Movies Gonna Suck But I'll Keep The Faith And See It On The Day It Comes Out. I Also Agree Mallrats Is Better.

deadlymelody
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
^
I just don't like the "Little Person" in the previews.

smokebongoncliff
07-18-2006, 02:03 PM
i think this movie looks great

Punch
07-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Kevin Smith should stick to writing comics. Comics that I will never, ever see.

SixOneTrey
07-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I've been a fan of all Kevin Smith's movies. Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and i'm sure Clerks II will be on my favourite's list also. I think it's going to be more of a Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back type of movie more so than the original Clerks movie.

Icurus
07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Kevin Smith should stick to writing comics. Comics that I will never, ever see.

Something we can both agree on.

Plus his comic stories are pretty bad. But the Spider-Man saga that he wrote is the worst.

However, im gonna see clerks2 and i think it will at least be funny. No high hopes here.

Definitive X
07-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Kevin Smith's a pretty ill filmmaker...Dogma was so dope to me...just the whole premise, and Chris Rock's speech about how Jesus is pissed about the shit that is done in his name...it's a great movie...

Icurus
07-22-2006, 03:01 PM
The movie was fantastic. Absolutely amazing and funny as hell. Definitely his best since the original clerks.

baby jesus
07-22-2006, 03:29 PM
I Just Seen It Real Funny Movie If You Take It For What It Is And Dont Match It Up Against Clerks You Will Like It. To Me It's Probably On Level With Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back Mallrats And Clerks Are Untouchable.

Icurus
07-22-2006, 07:39 PM
I Just Seen It Real Funny Movie If You Take It For What It Is And Dont Match It Up Against Clerks You Will Like It. To Me It's Probably On Level With Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back Mallrats And Clerks Are Untouchable.

I dont know, I kind of liked better than strikes back and mallrats. Clerks 2 was more of a geek movie, you know lotr and sw shit. It was funnier to me than his others. Just my opinion.

xHard to Earnx
07-22-2006, 08:12 PM
That Porch Monkey argument was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Or maybe the Pussy Troll was.

baby jesus
07-22-2006, 08:42 PM
I dont know, I kind of liked better than strikes back and mallrats. Clerks 2 was more of a geek movie, you know lotr and sw shit. It was funnier to me than his others. Just my opinion.
Well I Like Mallrats More Then The First Clerks And This Is Not Better Then That But It Was Hilarious. I Thought Strikes Back Was Real Funny To So I Put Them Around The Same. I Did Catch On To The Star Wars And Lord Of The Rings Refrences But Most Of My Friends Didnt They Still Liked The Movie Anyway. But What Was Up With The Jackson 5 Sequence That Was A Little Werid The Best Part Of That Scene Was Watchin Rosario Dawson.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-22-2006, 09:48 PM
I like the dialogue in Kevin Smith movies. The guy's a proper geek but he uses that to help him in mocking his own. That's whats so cool about the guy. The majority of people that dislike his movies I've found, have been bitter fanboys that use the whole "Its just one big gay joke" argument. I like how he's involved in the comic book world too, I bet his collecftion pretty much shits on everyone elses too, lucky bastard

Icurus
07-22-2006, 10:26 PM
I like the dialogue in Kevin Smith movies. The guy's a proper geek but he uses that to help him in mocking his own. That's whats so cool about the guy. The majority of people that dislike his movies I've found, have been bitter fanboys that use the whole "Its just one big gay joke" argument. I like how he's involved in the comic book world too, I bet his collecftion pretty much shits on everyone elses too, lucky bastard

Probably, but he also wrote comics before he was big, before clerks. He still writes comics, I know him and Affleck once in awhile write daredevil.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Really? Fair play
What's the deal with the Green Hunter movie Smith was supposed to be doing as well?

Icurus
07-23-2006, 01:48 AM
Really? Fair play
What's the deal with the Green Hunter movie Smith was supposed to be doing as well?

Green Hornet, based on the Bruce Lee show not the comic. Who knows?

Koolish
07-23-2006, 04:44 PM
saw this movie a few days ago and all i've seen otherwise is Jay and Silent Bob strike back, but i remember jack about that movie.

i'll say this movie was good, some parts were hilarious and some were awkwardly too corny/sappy for me.

Thin_King213
07-23-2006, 04:54 PM
This movie was excellen! Well worth the 8 dollars i paid for it.
The porch Monkey shit had me dying along with Jay doing his "tuck". LMFAO

tekunique
07-30-2006, 01:07 AM
http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/images8/finalposterclerks2.jpg

yo, saw this on fri. and i must say i was really surprised how good it was.

being a kevin smith fan, i hoped it would be good, but i knew it'd be hard to follow up to the classic original.

I WAS WRONG. this shit is one of the funniest flick i seen in a theatre in a long ass time. it had the whole theatre dying from beginning to end.

the writing is classic kevin smith style and he delivers all the goods. simple story and not convincing at times but thats not the point, its the dialog and chemistry between the actors that shine thruout the movie.

jay mimicing the silence of the lambs' killer is PRICELESS.

rosario dawson looks a bit out of place but you forget that real quick as she does her thing.

all the cameos were on point too. if youre a fan of the original and/or a fan of kevin smith's work, you will not be dissapointed. peace.

Visionz
07-30-2006, 02:30 AM
thanks for the review homie, I'm have to get real stoned and then watch it. peace

wuswordz95
08-01-2006, 01:08 AM
this movie was so fuuny as hell. the part where lord of the rings is being bagged on is priceless/ screw the haters

smokebongoncliff
08-01-2006, 02:20 AM
yo this movie was fuckin good. i laughed real good

The Wizzard
08-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Great flick, funny as hell, better than expected, nice review too, peace.

dirty-minded
08-06-2006, 04:15 AM
honestly ass to mouth is okay....once in a while.. haha just playin fools! OH SHIT

Lebanese_Warrior
08-06-2006, 10:28 PM
One ring that rules them all....

I fucking loved this flick...

The 'Silence of the Lambs' part had me laugh till i was crying...

Great flick, in perfect Kevin Smith style.

Kriszy Substance
08-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah I agree. Shit was funny. I pretty much laughed the whole time (only a few slow spots). lol @ ass to mouth and the lord of the rings jokes....it was funny when that guy was re-inacting the trilogy of them walking in each movie. I usually get up to go smoke a cigarette during movies but this one kept me cig free for the whole time cause I didnt want to miss any parts. Im glad I wasnt disappointed by the follow up.

Oztradamus
08-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Funniest flick I've seen all year...

Inter-Species Erotica, fukko!!!

Dirty Knowledge
08-10-2006, 11:09 PM
This movie sounds like flick of the gotdamn century.

Bloo
08-11-2006, 12:16 AM
close too. Blows anything that's in the theater out the water easily.

tekunique
08-11-2006, 11:20 AM
did the Jackass 2 trailer play before the movie for yall whos seen this shit too ? lol

The Wizzard
08-11-2006, 12:28 PM
^yeah, but I never saw the first one,

tekunique
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
^yeah, but I never saw the first one,
you should check it out.. its mad bugged out kid..lol

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/sweetjp/imgs/3/b/3b8573d8.jpg

Elaquent
08-11-2006, 04:34 PM
man i just saw Clerks one the other day...hilarious!! cant wait to see this one...is it in black n white too?

tekunique
08-11-2006, 04:37 PM
man i just saw Clerks one the other day...hilarious!! cant wait to see this one...is it in black n white too?

nah its in color. but you will enjoy it. actually there are couple scenes that are in b&w. post back here after you see it ~ peace.