PDA

View Full Version : Rjd2

arcane
06-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Saw this man live at a show a few nights ago.... damn! - that's all I can say. From his sampling skills to song structure to technical turntable skills, he's easily one of the best producers in the game right now.

I copped a real dope CD containing a collection of remixes he's done for various artists over the last couple of years, plus I had a chance to talk with RJ himself for a minute. He told me he's just starting to work on his third album - I asked him if he was going to switch up his style again like he did for Since We Last Spoke after the classic Dead Ringer. He told me that yeah he most likely would, because doing the same shit over and over would be boring to him.

Mad cool, mad humble - those who haven't heard his stuff, get out there and buy it!

Microphone Fiend
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM
nice. where was the show?

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
06-24-2005, 10:09 AM
what's the name of this cd?

I-Legit
06-24-2005, 10:36 AM
heres a beat he did for Copywrite....RJD2 and the old Weathermen Crew (They Broke Up), Copywrite, Jakk, Cage..all the guys that im bumpin now are like tight with RJD2....i did a google search of him..and found a bunch of cool things abotu him...but i still want his album 'Dead Ringer'...heard it was good.

well just looked up ongoogle while im waiting for this song to upload, its that RJD2 produced and did a lot of scratches on Copywrites Classic album The High Exhaulted..
check it out -------->HERE<-------- (http://www.discogs.com/release/238805)

well heres the song...
June - Copywrite Produced By RJD2 (http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2PP71GX0YPI9X2Q8UKXHH5786D)

Song skips for about 3 seconds somewhere at 4:25 into the song...very short..
and Copwrite hardly raps in this song....for like 45 seconds in teh beggining and like 30 at the end of a 4:00+ song
BUT!!
this is a song that shows off RJD2 sills, oh shit i gotta give you guys a bonus, track is off of the same Copywrite CD, and yes RJD2 is copywrites main DJ
so this here is a full scrath, short but full off of Copywrites album too....

Enterlude - RJD2 (http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VGCI5UP1CD1L2JJ13TOQ2VTYV)

arcane
06-24-2005, 11:11 AM
nice. where was the show?
The show was in Winnipeg, Manitoba (where I live)...

what's the name of this cd?
The CD is called "Loose Ends" - I don't know if his live shows are the only distribution channel, but it's professionally printed. I can't really find any reviews for it online or anything. There's a couple of real nasty tracks with Vast Aire (one of the tracks is actually a Cannibal Ox track, which is Vast Aire and another dude). The whole compilation is actually extremely solid.

Oh, and to I-Legit, get Dead Ringer... it's better than good.

dooboy
06-24-2005, 11:39 AM
i think he's still down with def jux. i think its one of the best labels at present with some mad talent

Antibody
06-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah, he's with Def Jux, I bought Hip Hop Connection today and that came with a Def Jux promo cd with some of his stuff on it. The promo cd is actually really nice, I'm listening to it now

37thchamber
06-24-2005, 12:31 PM
RJD2 has always been 1 of the illest

stayshigh
06-24-2005, 12:50 PM
The show was in Winnipeg, Manitoba (where I live)...

The CD is called "Loose Ends" - I don't know if his live shows are the only distribution channel, but it's professionally printed. I can't really find any reviews for it online or anything. There's a couple of real nasty tracks with Vast Aire (one of the tracks is actually a Cannibal Ox track, which is Vast Aire and another dude). The whole compilation is actually extremely solid.

Oh, and to I-Legit, get Dead Ringer... it's better than good.Funny, I thought I was the only Winnipegger here. Where you live man? I'm out in East Kildonan. Small World.

Peace

Weak
06-24-2005, 12:55 PM
one the deepest shit i've ever heard, I heard June like about a year and a half ago, and I still listen to that same song. Copywrite wrote an ill book-end verse. Does anyone know the chords he was playing on the acoustic guitar he was playing for the beat? or was it just sampled?

R3beLuTionAry
06-24-2005, 01:01 PM
he's even on the new Weathermen roster

R3beLuTionAry
06-24-2005, 01:03 PM
RJD2 is dope, thats the kinda stuff i buy **indy shit**

Weak
06-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Indy = Independant ?

R3beLuTionAry
06-24-2005, 01:17 PM
yup yup sounds weird but thats what they call it, "indy rap label"

I-Legit
06-24-2005, 01:18 PM
and wtf is emo, like rap/rock like necro or some shit?

R3beLuTionAry
06-24-2005, 01:22 PM
emo=emotional (i.e. emotional music)

I-Legit
06-24-2005, 01:24 PM
liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike what?.....all music emotional is someway

R3beLuTionAry
06-24-2005, 01:25 PM
liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike what?.....all music emotional is someway

i know but im just spreading the meaning of the acronym. I completely agree that all music is emo in some way and it would be fake as fuck if it wasnt. you need emotion to be angry and emotion to be happy so blaming shit for being "emo" is stupid.

I-Legit
06-24-2005, 01:27 PM
i know but im just spreading the meaning of the acronym. I completely agree that all music is emo in some way and it would be fake as fuck if it wasnt. you need emotion to be angry and emotion to be happy so blaming shit for being "emo" is stupid.
i totaly agree

Ronin
06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
rjd2 is so dope, i got both soul positions, the horror and ghostwriter

hes such a dope sampler

welcome back too arcane

Hidden Chamber
06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Dat's a ill producer yo

Weak
06-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Anyone know where i can get any guitar chords from June?

Liquidswordsman
06-24-2005, 03:40 PM
He reps Columbus, Ohio; my home town. I was listing to 'since we last spoke' when i saw this thread. He is WAY underrated and soon enoght everuone will know of RJD2

arcane
06-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Funny, I thought I was the only Winnipegger here. Where you live man? I'm out in East Kildonan. Small World.

Peace
Yeah, that's funny - I remember seeing one other dude from Winnipeg here once, but that was months ago... his name was like "Beggaz" or somethng. Anyway, I grew up in North Kildonan - I'm living downtown these days.

Oh, and thanks Ronin - it's been a while!

CeeDub204
06-24-2005, 11:48 PM
He reps Columbus, Ohio; my home town. I was listing to 'since we last spoke' when i saw this thread. He is WAY underrated and soon enoght everuone will know of RJD2
Couldnt agree with you more. Mad kids are on Blockhead's, Diplo's, and Shadow's dick, and dont get me wrong they all are amazing. But people act like RJ is second rate, and thats just not the case at all. What part of Columbus are you from Liquid, did you go see Illogic tonight at Comfest? Anyways Columbus' hip hop scene is finally starting to get the attention it deserves, go out and buy RJD2's albums they are well worth it. Check out D'Lac if you get a chance, he is by one of the best emcee's in this area.

Nexodus the Nth Entity
06-25-2005, 01:00 AM
RJ holds his own on the turntables, man is ill live....
Dead Ringer is surely a classic in its own right, music for all walks of life...the way he blends all the various samples to compose the harmonious, at times, chaotic result, must be revered

Rebel_INS
06-25-2005, 05:31 AM
Yea I heard some shit from him not to long ago, he gots hard shit

Ronin
06-25-2005, 05:38 AM
Dead Ringer is surely a classic in its own right, music for all walks of life...the way he blends all the various samples to compose the harmonious, at times, chaotic result, must be revered
word nex, you have a way with words! :king:

Polocash7
06-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Dead Ringer is surely a classic in its own right, music for all walks of life...the way he blends all the various samples to compose the harmonious, at times, chaotic result, must be reveredWell said. His last LP was dope,too. His style is crazy but I like it

Weak
06-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Any chords?