PDA

View Full Version : Diamonds are forever

SlightlySlightedFan
03-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Everyone likes Diamonds. Not everyone knows or cares that the people who mine those diamonds, are very brutally oppressed. And that the people that oppress them, are usually involved in Arms Sales. These Arms are many times used to murder more miners.

So with this in mind, people should look for "non-conflict" Diamonds.

They've recently found some Diamonds in Canada, alot of Diamonds.
Check here.
http://www.aurias.com/en/index.shtml
http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/ms/diam/index_e.htm
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/diamonds/

LORD NOSE
03-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Everyone likes Diamonds. Not everyone knows or cares that the people who mine those diamonds, are very brutally oppressed. And that the people that oppress them, are usually involved in Arms Sales. These Arms are many times used to murder more miners.

So with this in mind, people should look for "non-conflict" Diamonds.

They've recently found some Diamonds in Canada, alot of Diamonds.
Check here.
http://www.aurias.com/en/index.shtml
http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/ms/diam/index_e.htm
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/diamonds/

million dollar rocks - don't need em

LHX
03-06-2006, 11:17 AM
last i checked
diamonds werent edible

THE W
03-06-2006, 11:22 AM
it is something to think about. especially if you're looking to buy your wife a wedding ring. i wouldnt want to be spending money on a blood diamond.

LHX
03-06-2006, 11:27 AM
she can dig it up her self if she really want a diamond

THE W
03-06-2006, 11:31 AM
thats another option. but if you do want to get your wife something nice its a good thing to buy something that someone didnt get slaughtered to make.

LHX
03-06-2006, 11:33 AM
thats another option. but if you do want to get your wife something nice its a good thing to buy something that someone didnt get slaughtered to make.

no argument here

but
some people are into that rape-fantasy shit

hectis
03-06-2006, 11:41 AM
A Lot Of People Are Blind To What Really Goes Down With Diamonds Or They Just Don't Care

LHX
03-06-2006, 11:46 AM
unless they are the ones bleeding
they dont care

LORD NOSE
03-06-2006, 11:55 AM
who made up the tradition of buying diamond rings to symbolize the connection of man and woman

they making trilions off these robots

shit - buying fertile land would be much better -

dam we gotta BUY land now

LHX
03-06-2006, 12:04 PM

the biggest injustice this planet has ever known

WARPATH
03-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Diamonds.............kinda of like the yellow rocks that make white people and gangta rappers act crazy.

THE W
03-06-2006, 12:07 PM
who made up the tradition of buying diamond rings to symbolize the connection of man and woman

they making trilions off these robots

shit - buying fertile land would be much better -

i totally agree with this. why do we even have to buy marriage licenses? or marriage ceremonies?

LORD NOSE
03-06-2006, 12:14 PM
money money moneeey - monaaaay

LHX
03-06-2006, 12:14 PM
i totally agree with this. why do we even have to buy marriage licenses? or marriage ceremonies?

have you ever seen a priest riding a bike to church?

THE W
03-06-2006, 12:25 PM
money money moneeey - monaaaay
...has made society its prisoner.

A Streetcar Named Desire
03-06-2006, 12:25 PM
ROFL

dif de la rev
03-06-2006, 01:17 PM
buy an investment upon which the two can live of not something that has no value except from a cash perspective. there are no blood free diamonds for debeers has the monopoly on the world and those who sell the image are either dumb to what has been going on or are blind to the poverty they create in this get bling lifestyle they sell to people who are trying to buy jordans as well.

Aqueous Moon
03-06-2006, 03:08 PM
The suffering of those miners is really disgusting.

but...whoa! Diamonds are worth millions of bucks because of their rarity, right?

Finding that special woman that you want to spend your life with is rare.

and that's worth a diamond...just with out the suffering miners.

hectis
03-06-2006, 03:25 PM
True Am The Woman I Lov Is Worth More Then Diamonds But I Will Get Her Non Blood Ones

This Has Nothin To Do With It But Do U Get Mad When I Write Am And Not Your Name?

Aqueous Moon
03-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Naw Hectis, not at all...lol

Yeah, diamonds are pretty but I don't think I could dig one up myself. I might break a nail!

LORD NOSE
03-06-2006, 04:02 PM
True Am The Woman I Lov Is Worth More Then Diamonds But I Will Get Her Non Blood Ones

This Has Nothin To Do With It But Do U Get Mad When I Write Am And Not Your Name?

word of advice - don't question yourself in front of others - just ask yourself

WARPATH
03-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Diamonds, gold, that's what makes people go crazy. White people killed off the indians so they can get the gold in the black hills...........the result? The largest gold mind in the western hemisphere(for a while at least) HomeStake mined- moved about 1 or 2 gold bars a day, and 11 silver a day. Do the math for a mine that's been in buisness for years.....

Not only the gold in the black hills, but whites were trying to find a safe passage to the west coast, gold rush. So, you gotta kill the savage indian to feel safe, and work the chinese to death for a railroad.

Same thing in south america-- the search for the city of Gold.

Then you got all these rappers bragging about bling bling. Do they know how many people suffered thoughout history for some shiny metal?

iniquity
03-06-2006, 09:51 PM
The ignorance of most rappers flashing their ice kills me, especially when it might've been their distant cousin that died to mine it ... smfh. :no:

Malcom Guevera
03-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Do diamonds hold any kind of healing properties ? I know that gold acts as a conductor................

dif de la rev
03-07-2006, 01:20 AM
diamonds are just the essence of carbon pressure cooked to a crystalized form that is prized/worshipped/adored/and fawned over because of the time/energy and work to have one - meaning the bllod sweat tears it cost to bring one up from the depths of the earth unlike digging in your mind to know and find yourself outside of what the outside world might try to sell/tell you.

only healing power it has is to recognize the worth of not putting yourself in misery to afford one or the ones who are made to dig one up for you.

SlightlySlightedFan
03-07-2006, 08:48 AM
The way I see it.
No matter what we think or say about the subject.
People will still buy the icees.
So I'm glad, they've been found in Canada. Where people won't be pushed down the mines. Where the environmental protection laws are so stringent that the mines are forced to accomidate they're surroundings. And my favorite part, Debeers has nothing to do with Canada's mines.

brown_dogg
03-07-2006, 05:12 PM
...just with out the suffering miners.

they're more than just suffering miners. most of em are children taken away from their families. i remember hearing that the kids are asked if they want "long sleeves" or "short sleeves". if they say long sleeves, they get their hands chopped off. if they want short sleeves, they get their arm chopped off. it's disgusting shit. a lot of them are also forced to kill some of the other kids. terrible terrible shit..

Aqueous Moon
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
wow...that's terrible!

Malcom Guevera
03-07-2006, 11:03 PM
they get their hands chopped off. if they want short sleeves, they get their arm chopped off. it's disgusting shit. a lot of them are also forced to kill some of the other kids. terrible terrible shit..

I have photographs of this, thier was an article not to long ago in NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE.

To add on..........

I questioned about the properties about the diamonds because it is known that like other crystals gems and stones, they are from the earth and do contain a life force that can prosper the human expierance.

dif de la rev
03-07-2006, 11:30 PM
carbon only force upon which life has been known to start from /grow might have some coal i think. anyone can validate or repudate do so