PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Iron Fist
03-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I just saw he won an Oscar for Best Actor in the movie Capote. I'm glad he won because he deserves it. He's one of my newest favorite actors, this year I've watched several movies with him and he is one great actor but he often doesn't get recognised for it.
Anyone here seen Capote? Haven't seen it yet, but when it gets to my video store that's the first movie I'ma rent.

TUCO
03-06-2006, 08:39 PM
saw Twister and Along Came Polly....both dont showcase much of his talent but i have heard great things about it
my interest in Capote raised when he got nominated

Iron Fist
03-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Have you seen Magnolia and Boogie Nights? You've got to see those movies first of all if you didn't, and there's Phillip Seymour Hoffman in those too.

tajeco
03-07-2006, 02:27 AM
I'm convinced his role in "Along Came Polly" was supposed to go to Jack Black, but I think he was doing "School Of Rock" at the time. Just watch it and see how he is totally acting like Jack Black, still funnt though, especially on the b-ball court, talking about "let it rain" and chucking the ball at the backboard.

Queen Of Poetry
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Have you seen Magnolia and Boogie Nights? You've got to see those movies first of all if you didn't, and there's Phillip Seymour Hoffman in those too.

I saw Boogie Nights but I don't remember him in it.....who was he?

tekunique
03-07-2006, 11:11 AM
I saw Boogie Nights but I don't remember him in it.....who was he?

he was the semi-retarded dude that tried to kiss dirk diggler..

Queen Of Poetry
03-07-2006, 11:15 AM
LOL....oh snap!!!!!! Ok ok........

Iron Fist
03-07-2006, 06:38 PM
LOL....oh snap!!!!!! Ok ok........
Queen go rent Magnolia now, Right NOW!!! lol... no but you seriously have to watch this, great movie... quite long though... around 3 hours.