PDA

View Full Version : Your Conscious

hectis
03-07-2006, 08:40 PM
What Do U Thinks Your Conscious Is?
Is It Real?

In The Dictionary It Says Knowing In One’s Own Mind: Knowing By Sensation Or Perception.

Aqueous Moon
03-07-2006, 09:16 PM
My counscious is my awareness...of my self and my environment.

Aqueous Moon
03-07-2006, 09:23 PM
huh?^ What do you mean?

hectis
03-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Sometimes I Think It Is God Trying To Keep Me From Fuckin Up like I Will Have A Question About Something And I Will Sit There And Meditate Then All The Sudden My Mind Just Starts Talkin With Such Great Wisdom And Every Thing Is Clear

dif de la rev
03-07-2006, 10:32 PM
my conscious is being aware and awake to the world around and my being within. it is that which bridges the macro to the micro. it is that which perceives the hotizon as i approach it and takes in the left and right as i walk down the road of life. it takes in/ incorporates the light as well as shadows of the self - via self conscious and conscious of self. it is a facet of the mind as to the depth or height of one's intution and innate sense or perception. it precludes the subconscious and unconscious only to be eclipsed by the supra conscious. it is a field of psychology that is correlated with the id and ego and superego. it is varying to people based on experiences of life. in spiritual terms one's developement being intune to the subtleties of life and universe where they can perceive whats beyond the five senses to wit esp auras clairvoyance and the like. can be used as a bridge to the world realm of spirits themselves. a concept to which the energy of the mind is focused.

note these were joted down without being unconscious ^O^

dif de la rev
03-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Sometimes I Think It Is God Trying To Keep Me From Fuckin Up like I Will Have A Question About Something And I Will Sit There And Meditate Then All The Sudden My Mind Just Starts Talkin With Such Great Wisdom And Every Thing Is Clear

that is the voice within that tells you whether you are wrong or right like your conscience. the voice of reason within your mind. the voice of logic is when you actually talk back to that voice of reason. logic the workings of your brain, reason the workings of your mind. the mind is to the flame as the wheels that make the flame are within the brain. mind from brain. consciousness is the state of mind after having incorporated the reason and/or logic to broaden the view or solidify the view already held.

hectis
03-07-2006, 10:53 PM
that is the voice within that tells you whether you are wrong or right like your conscience. the voice of reason within your mind. the voice of logic is when you actually talk back to that voice of reason. logic the workings of your brain, reason the workings of your mind. the mind is to the flame as the wheels that make the flame are within the brain. mind from brain. consciousness is the state of mind after having incorporated the reason and/or logic to broaden the view or solidify the view already held.

THOSE ARE WISE WORDS

Malcom Guevera
03-07-2006, 11:07 PM
This is the one question I was stuck on when I first got the knowledge of myself and the only way I can decipher it today is the mental plane you are on, your awareness of the now.

dif de la rev
03-07-2006, 11:16 PM
not just the now but that piece of time that brings the past into the future like the point on the infinity sign just where the two circles are touching that would be one's conscious. the eternity of the present in the past future perfect tense.

Aqueous Moon
03-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Damn!..that's beautiful, Dif.

dif de la rev
03-08-2006, 12:54 AM
why thank you.

hectis
03-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Dif De La Rev U Have A Way With Words If I Could I Give U Rep Points

RZA = OK
03-08-2006, 07:46 AM
If I didn't have 1 I would kill everybody.

RZA = OK
03-08-2006, 07:53 AM
I think.

100pr00f
03-08-2006, 08:16 AM
its u talking to ur self...like reading a book not out loud

if u think about it..ur using ur brain in a diff way
its like if u can master this....u can talk to some one els with out saying a word
haha

Malcom Guevera
03-08-2006, 11:53 AM
not just the now but that piece of time that brings the past into the future like the point on the infinity sign just where the two circles are touching that would be one's conscious. the eternity of the present in the past future perfect tense.

I cee. So how would you explain the sub concious or unconious ?

dif de la rev
03-08-2006, 02:59 PM
I cee. So how would you explain the sub concious or unconious ?

your subconscious is where your intuition and thinking take place and in your unconscious is where feelings and emotions reside. when feelings/emotions flood your mind then your conscious seems overwhelmed and your outlook from conscious perspective is clouded or perceived as a dark end/tunnel or bright depending on said feeling/emotion. thinking/intuition are just under direct knowledge that being which you know first hand through experience or have learned already. conscious is like running on automatic and subconscious is running on a manual stick. the unconscious is/can be like feeling stuck or rushing like you have god's speed.

7ess
03-08-2006, 10:59 PM
my family is big on talking about people's concious (another christian guilt trip) I think fear of getting caught and facing society's consequnces a lot of times gets confused with concious, i think its as simple as what right and wrong but applied to your understanding not what you fear would happen if you did it, the only time i ever feel guilty about something is an unintentional act, nothing I ever do premeditated where the outcome is what i wanted do I ever feel bad or lose sleep over...PEACE

7ess
03-08-2006, 11:01 PM
like dude that said he'd kill everybody if he didn't have a concious, is it because you'd feel bad about it or because you fear the consequences of getting caught...

dif de la rev
03-08-2006, 11:45 PM
don't confuse conscience with conscious. the first to determine right wrong like the voice or moral compass in one's life the second onesrational rationale as to how they take on handle the world as it comes and how they pass through it.

MaShPG
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
damn is that all ya'll do in KTL? define words? tommorow i'ma post some real shit.

Koolish
03-09-2006, 09:51 AM
your subconscious is where your intuition and thinking take place and in your unconscious is where feelings and emotions reside. when feelings/emotions flood your mind then your conscious seems overwhelmed and your outlook from conscious perspective is clouded or perceived as a dark end/tunnel or bright depending on said feeling/emotion. thinking/intuition are just under direct knowledge that being which you know first hand through experience or have learned already. conscious is like running on automatic and subconscious is running on a manual stick. the unconscious is/can be like feeling stuck or rushing like you have god's speed.

these are good points, but are you basing this on something you've learned or been taught, or is this just your opinion?

dif de la rev
03-09-2006, 12:34 PM
these are good points, but are you basing this on something you've learned or been taught, or is this just your opinion?

something i learned from which i base my opinions on as well. first part i learned the second part my opinion.

LORD NOSE
10-06-2009, 04:17 PM
up

Prince Rai
10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Once we all wake up we will realise we actually have wings. prove me wrong

AcidPhosphate69
10-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Wow, some epic posts in here. I'm on a time limit right now so I can't get into it, but I'm definitely coming back to this one.

SID
10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
What Do U Thinks Your Conscious Is?
Is It Real?

In The Dictionary It Says Knowing In One’s Own Mind: Knowing By Sensation Or Perception.

I would define conciousness as what you know without even knowing that you know it.

Its a difficult word to define really.

diggy
10-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I posted a 2 part video on the Mayan calendar in which the speaker gave a very good definition of consciousness. Too bad the thread was slept on with not even one reply from anybody.

Consciousness:

The awareness of being aware.

It is when you notice yourself noticing something.

Prince Rai
10-07-2009, 06:05 AM
I posted a 2 part video on the Mayan calendar in which the speaker gave a very good definition of consciousness. Too bad the thread was slept on with not even one reply from anybody.

Consciousness:

The awareness of being aware.

It is when you notice yourself noticing something.

Unfortunately many thread do go unnoticed but I agree with the small definition of consciousness given in your post.

I think you can even expand on "the awareness of being aware", by saying that there are levels of consciousness. This is because not in all instances are we necessarily aware of things around us. In a dream our awareness of reality or ability to question what we are experiencing suggests that we may not be fully aware thus not fully conscious.

Could knowledge of our surroundings thereby increase our awareness, further deepen our consciousness?

AcidPhosphate69
10-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Could knowledge of our surroundings thereby increase our awareness, further deepen our consciousness?

Interesting. I believe that to fully realize the potential of you concious, you need to be aware. Not to the point of obsession, but if you're not keen to everything around you...you might miss something worth noticing. I know that's kind of vague, but I figure if you get it, you get it. If you don't..well, I guess you just don't.

Prince Rai
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Interesting. I believe that to fully realize the potential of you concious, you need to be aware. Not to the point of obsession, but if you're not keen to everything around you...you might miss something worth noticing. I know that's kind of vague, but I figure if you get it, you get it. If you don't..well, I guess you just don't.

no i get you.

and you are correct, without being obsessive, we should take control of ourselves and our surroundings and further ourselves for our own sole benefit.

SID
10-07-2009, 03:29 PM
I should have made a thread about conciousness earlier, I think I did one on cosmic consciousness though.

It was maaad, i came back from Libya to London like 4 months ago or something, and while i was there i worked for hours trying to explain what conciousness was, i still remember the word that i finally got "Al Daameer".

It was impossible in the end to communicate it through hand gestures and trying to speak the lingo, that's where consciousness kicked in, its hard to explain, but there is a energy you all feel, a vibration and you feel other peoples too, that's conciousness, it is a energy, a entity perhaps, the scientists are still clueless about the whole concept of it.

They got the vibe of what i was trying to say and it just flowed, its the energy that surrounds us and fuels us emotionally and cognitively,.

It is not located in a specific lobe or section of the brain, it doesn't have an apparent orgin but it is universally documented and is THERE.

diggy
10-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Unfortunately many thread do go unnoticed but I agree with the small definition of consciousness given in your post.

I think you can even expand on "the awareness of being aware", by saying that there are levels of consciousness. This is because not in all instances are we necessarily aware of things around us. In a dream our awareness of reality or ability to question what we are experiencing suggests that we may not be fully aware thus not fully conscious.

It is really about being aware in general and not of anything in particular. I've experience this myself and it is hard to explain what it is like.

Funny that you mentioned dreams. Have you ever had a dream knowing that it is a dream?

I don't see an increase of knowledge of our surroundings helping consciousness. That is cuz the surroundings have nothing imo to do with it. It is about observing things including yourself from a higher perspective. Again, it's hard to explain. It is similar to being in the zone.

Prince Rai
10-08-2009, 06:24 AM
It is really about being aware in general and not of anything in particular. I've experience this myself and it is hard to explain what it is like.

I agree with this

Funny that you mentioned dreams. Have you ever had a dream knowing that it is a dream?
Not that I am aware of, but in a dream our capability to question is not as free as it is in this awakened conscious state

I don't see an increase of knowledge of our surroundings helping consciousness. That is cuz the surroundings have nothing imo to do with it. It is about observing things including yourself from a higher perspective. Again, it's hard to explain. It is similar to being in the zone.

I believe I owe an explanation of gaining knowledge of our surroundings.

The reality of consciousness is not realised by the reality of our surroundings. To know this we need to know what our surrounding is in the first place.

I think it was you who said that we can't pinpoint where our consciousness lies in our body, that is because our consciousness is probably more immaterial than a tangible organ.

Back to surroundings.

I firmly believe we can harness our consciousness by realising the extent in which consciousness dwells in. That is, our surroundings... ie body, room, air, universe etc.

By studying our surroundings we realise the effects it has on our body, and our health; attributes which affect our ability to realise our consciousness.

How do you know you are sleeping?

Fatal Guillotine
06-25-2011, 02:03 PM
To me it means, self-awareness, realising that you are a spiritual being and being connected to it. Some people live only in the mind, they have not bridged the heart and the other parts of the spiritual essence. Doing that makes us conscious or else we let something else take the reigns.