PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Hopkins vs. Antonio Tarver

RynMur
03-07-2006, 08:53 PM
June 6, 2006 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. For the Light Heavyweight Title.

Anyone with me on B-Hop winning?

hectis
03-08-2006, 07:09 AM
That Would Be An Upset But U Never Know I Hope B-hop Dose Win But I Like Both Fighters

"Masta-Mind"
03-08-2006, 11:28 AM
ah man, i gotta do wid my fellow southpaw 4 this 1

hectis
03-08-2006, 11:42 AM
why Is He Still Fighting I Thought He Was Going To Retire He Promised His Mom He Is Kind Of Pissing Me Off I Would Not Be Surprised If Tarver Ko Him

TiKaL
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Is this an old thread?

I ask because Bernard Hopkins is FINALLY fighting Roy Jones Jr. in their LONG awaited rematch then both are retiring

benzo
03-08-2006, 01:41 PM
^no but you've got old news. that fight fell apart a month ago cause rjj wanted too much $$$. rjj is now the #1 runner to face joe calzahge in probably june or july. and i'm picking b-hop to wax that ass. tarver is the biggest fucking joke out there. i say hopkins by a calzahge-type beat down. L8-

TiKaL
03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Thats fucked up.

I watched Bernard Hopkins go on some rant about how he promised his mother he wouldnt fight past his 40th birthday when she passed away but said he was gonna fight Roy Jones cause they put together the fight before his birthday

Shouldnt of believe anything a boxer says anyways

To be honest, I wouldnt watch a match between either of them unless they were fighting each other.

benzo
03-08-2006, 02:53 PM
B-hop would part his moms out for parts if he could, dude. All about the $$$.

hectis
03-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I Know But He Is Old And Has To Gain Weight Tarver Might Really End Him But I Would Love To See Him Win

Prince Rai
03-10-2006, 07:16 AM
B-hop would part his moms out for parts if he could, dude. All about the $$$.

haha, the fact that dude is still out there for fights suggests exactly that!

i say bhop will win that fight. hop needs a win and tarver is the best opponent. i resepct tarver, but he is not all that. im not sure how well hop will do in the later rounds, but i guess that he will box tarver out.

btw.. roy jones v calzaghe... who'll win?

benzo
03-10-2006, 12:09 PM
'Sup Princerai? RJJ vs Calzaghe? I guess you're being serious lol. From what I saw of Joe vs Left Hook, RJJ will get demolished and probably seriously injured. That's really the only way I see that fight going down. Hope it gets signed, though...Joe will end the reign of RJJ and his legions of fucking nut-huggers who think he can do no wrong. Peace-

Prince Rai
03-10-2006, 02:19 PM
'Sup Princerai? RJJ vs Calzaghe? I guess you're being serious lol. From what I saw of Joe vs Left Hook, RJJ will get demolished and probably seriously injured. That's really the only way I see that fight going down. Hope it gets signed, though...Joe will end the reign of RJJ and his legions of fucking nut-huggers who think he can do no wrong. Peace-

well yeah ur right. i think it would be a great fight for Joe. I have a lot of respect for Joe now, i never thought hed pull that out of years of standard fights.
roy jones will get beaten definitely.
and its a stepping stone for joe for higher weights... tarver is awaiting

Prince Rai
03-11-2006, 05:46 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4795400.stm

"Masta-Mind"
03-24-2006, 06:18 AM
At da Calzaghe / Lacy fight, RJJ was saying how tarver should have an easy time wid hopkins if not for anything else then just the fact dat benard has 2 go so much higher in weight, this should give Tarver a great advantage.

In my oppinion bernard should have packed it in a long time ago, and is not only setting him self up 2 go out as a loser but go out on a biiig lose.

benzo
03-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Well RJJ does know something about ruining yourself by adding on weight to a naturally smaller frame lol. It's a legit point but I think if B-Hop can stay away from the straight left he'll win a decision.

Roman Deini
03-25-2006, 04:49 PM
rjj and b-hop both should've retired tho.

Prince Rai
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
both really shud but its all maximum financial gains