PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Puckett

deadlymelody
03-07-2006, 09:22 PM
As huge a fan I am of baseball, and as huge of a fan I am of the Minnesota Twins, I was nearly in tears after seeing the news of his death. He was short; 5'8, but his leadership and heart were unfathomable. Besides Ken Griffey Jr., all young little leaguers, including myself at the time, looked up and idolized Kirby. We argued over who would have #34. He inspired me to play Centerfield, as I was awed by his leaping catches and signature kick before his swing. 1991, Game 6, who can forget? Rest peacefully to the Hall of Fame player and Hall of Fame man, Kirby Puckett.

hectis
03-07-2006, 10:03 PM
R.i.p Kirby Puckett

dif de la rev
03-07-2006, 11:35 PM
sadly missed the game lost a diamond on the field of dreams in the park.

dosmoney
03-08-2006, 09:20 AM
agreed. although i wasnt a twins fan, i was a huge puckett fan, he was a great player, sure he made mistakes in life but who doesnt. what surprised me was how big he got before his death

ilzPotent
03-08-2006, 10:17 AM
my fondest memory is he was at the plate and I was sitting behind homebase at Yankee Stadium,and I kept saying, "EATING THEM DONUT AY KIRBY". He turned and looked at me and smiled and then proceeded to blast the ball into the outfield for a double.

Even with his belly he sure could run.

100pr00f
03-08-2006, 11:12 AM
yea i was a lil down when i heard about it..even tho i never realy saw him play..i knew he was a good ballplayer espn........

r.i.p