PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

Visionz
03-08-2006, 04:37 PM
I know what we think about him down here in Austin. What's everyone else think? Where should he go in the draft?

Bedlam
03-08-2006, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on him, there's too much other, more sure talent. I seriously doubt Vince Young will do any of that shit he did vs. USC when he plays the Steelers D or whoever. And those line drives he throws will be picked constantly by the athletic Linebackers in the NFL.

num2son
03-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I think he will go to the Titans

Visionz
03-08-2006, 07:08 PM
I'll go head and say it here. You can't teach a person how to be clutch. If you watched UT play, you would realize that VY has done what he did to USC multiple times against some of the top teams in the country(Michigan in the rose bowl, this year at Ohio St and then USC) He will not fold under pressure. He'll learn how to throw in an NFL system(it'll take a year or two) and when he does he's going to be amazing. I think Houston would be smart to take him with the first pick. Remember that you heard it here first.

Treazon
03-08-2006, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on him, there's too much other, more sure talent. I seriously doubt Vince Young will do any of that shit he did vs. USC when he plays the Steelers D or whoever. And those line drives he throws will be picked constantly by the athletic Linebackers in the NFL.

you know you sound EXACTLY like every analyzer who's ever talked about Vince, past or present, and they continue to be proved wrong.

Vince has the potential to 180 a team (Titans) and give htem a few wins alone, whether he will do that, is up to him.

But top 5 pick? Probable, but never sure... teams [should] draft by need, and the top 5 picking teams dont need to fill the QB position then maybe he wont, but i still think he will be one of the top 3 QBs picked, and probably the most successful of the 3 (Leinhart, Cutler), depending on the situations he's put in. I'm confident for him...

InvincibleArmor79
03-09-2006, 09:14 AM
it doesnt sound like he's doin himself any good at the combines, with his bad test scores and his refusal to participate in the qb drills... I hope he blows up though I loved the nat champship

THE W
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
he'll have some trouble in his first year or two but i think he'll be fine with a few years under his belt.

Hayabusa
03-11-2006, 12:20 PM
I'd rather have D'Brickshaw, AJ Hawk, Mario Williams, Leinart, and Reggie bush over him but he is def a top 10 pick. He'd be a nice fit for the Cardinals at #10 but I doubt he falls that far.

BRONZBODY
03-14-2006, 08:45 AM
those tests dont mean shit,peyton manning diddnt do too well on his and now look at him,vince will go to tennesee,sit and learn from mcnair,steve will retire and vince will be the fucking bomb.....

Liquidswordsman
03-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Vince throws like my little sister....his arm wont hold up for long....bad pick...great college player...bad professional

Visionz
03-14-2006, 06:41 PM
?his arm wont hold up for long? ........that's just fuckin silly, Vince gots underestimated arm-strength. he can effortlessly toss a dart for 20-30 yards on the move. It's not like NFL teams are calling homerun plays on every down. Arm strength isn't going to be a hindrince to him qb'in a team. His biggest challenge, same as all other rookie qbs, is learning to adjust to pro-style defenses. Once he does, and he will, it's goin to look like college ball all over again. Vince is going to end up embarrassing a lot of teams he plays against.

Analyze
03-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Does he have instincts, yes! Does he have talent, of course! We he make a good pro QB, no! He can run laps around collegiate athletes, but in the NFL everybody is a fuckin star and can run a 4.5. I also, think he doesnt have the smarts to read multiple schemes, just like Vick. I'll say he'll be another Aaron Brooks, a solid QB!

Wu Forever

Bedlam
03-14-2006, 11:52 PM
The only reason Vick was so successful at first because ppl had never seen a QB with his skills. Now its old news, Defenses know how to play him; he sucked last year, and will get worse each year.

Defenses will handle Vince Young easily

Visionz
03-15-2006, 05:50 PM
^Vick wasn't nearly the passer coming out of college that Vince is right now. You're only comparing the two because they can both run. Could you imagine what Vick would do if he was a consistent passer? You'll get to find out once Young takes on his starting role.

Visionz
04-22-2006, 04:05 AM
People out there still feel the same way about Vince? I'm wonderin if some of yall changed your minds. I hope the Texans have.

DREW-DIE$EL
04-22-2006, 04:17 AM
inVINCEable, he'll be a star soon enough

Visionz
04-22-2006, 04:20 AM
He's already a star. Soon he'll be a star with rings. If only there was a way to convince Houston they'd be idiots to not take him. Any suggestions?

DREW-DIE$EL
04-22-2006, 04:31 AM
he won't win any rings with houston. lol.

Visionz
04-22-2006, 04:47 AM
lol, He's getting rings no matter where he ends up. Not at first but eventually, even if it was Houston. Kubiak is gonna be a good coach and the is the beginning of the end for the Colts w/out Edge with 'em. Somebody's got to win the division. Vince would get'em there.

DREW-DIE$EL
04-22-2006, 04:55 AM
well i guess with time. palmer did make the begals contenders this year. vince has got a chance with the texans or whoever picks him up, eventually.

Visionz
04-22-2006, 05:00 AM
That was shitty what happened right? I thought the playoffs sucked for the most part and the superbowl was fucking lame. I do think this year will be a lot better. Alot of new blood could be in it this time around. The Cardinals are gonna surprise people. Owens with the Cowboys could be crazy with Glenn already being the deep threat that he is. Dolphins take over the East from the Patriots, the Panthers did themselves a huge favor getting Keyshawn to take the heat off of Smith. Am I missing anyone?

DREW-DIE$EL
04-22-2006, 05:28 AM
watchout for the 'Skins too

Visionz
04-22-2006, 05:32 AM
word, you know I was about to add them in at the last second, but I was like fuck it, I'll leave room for a reply. They're definetly dangerous. It's there coaching staff that's nuts. Al Saunders from the Cheifs got three quality wide receivers to go along with Clinton Portis and Cooley. Mix that in with the attacking defense they got. As long as they stay healthy at QB, the Skins could make for a superbowl contender.

DREW-DIE$EL
04-22-2006, 05:34 AM
and it the caps off in '08, they got the money to buy the superbowl

Visionz
04-22-2006, 05:40 AM
nah, they'll still have the salary cap. That happened with the new collective bargaining agreement. But Snyder has been tryin to buyone for a while now anyways. Remember when they had Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders. He started off thinkin it would work if he bought a bunch of over-priced stars past there prime, now he just over-pays for coaches cause he figures their primes might last for 20 years. This time he might be right.

ilzPotent
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
He is gonna put the titans on the watch map for me. and I was hoping that oakland would get linart but the card's beat him to the punch.

eeesh I can't wait for football to start.

num2son
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
eeesh I can't wait for football to start.

Co-sign

Visionz
05-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Why cant the Texans be the Titans? Vince Young and LenDale White for their first two picks?.............Damn, GAME OVER.

DREW-DIE$EL
05-01-2006, 07:50 PM
He is gonna put the titans on the watch map for me. and I was hoping that oakland would get linart but the card's beat him to the punch. .

i just might haveta become a card's fan, they picked up my man Leonard Pope the huge TE out of Georgia, thankfully though Dj Shockley, the QB from Georgia got drafted by the Falcons.

Visionz
11-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I was wrong about a lot of shit I was predicting in this thread but what I said about Vince wasn't one of 'em.

Visionz
12-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Vince throws like my little sister....his arm wont hold up for long....bad pick...great college player...bad professional

The only reason Vick was so successful at first because ppl had never seen a QB with his skills. Now its old news, Defenses know how to play him; he sucked last year, and will get worse each year.

Defenses will handle Vince Young easily WHAT?!? What do yall haterz think now? haha Vince is too fuckin cold. Just as clutch as I told you he'd be. The only thing that surprised me is how soon it has happened.

Visionz
12-11-2006, 04:16 AM
Mario Williams- 2 tackes 1 assist and a deflected pass

think the Texans gm's aren't kickin themselves in the ass right now?

Of all the QB's playin in the nfl, it'd be hard to be any more clutch than what Vince Young has been doin his last three games. He'll retire w/ some superbowl rings on his fingers.

Bedlam
12-11-2006, 01:55 PM
^ I kno you love him, but I stand by what I said. He'll never win a ring

Visionz
12-11-2006, 02:30 PM
I'd put money on it that he does. Too fuckin clutch to loose in a big game. He'll be workin on those mechanics to become a more acurate passer and when he gets there he's gonna be deadly. He'll end up a much more dangerous passer than Vick ever will be and that dual threat is going make a lot of good teams look lousy.

Dirty Knowledge
12-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Vince will suck dick and love it in the NFL.

Visionz
12-14-2006, 03:08 AM
I just yall are postin about 3-4 years down the road.

renagade410
12-14-2006, 06:37 AM
here's the problem with vince young...he's begining to rely too much on the run sometimes even as a 1st or second option and we learned from michael vick that yea its effective but not effective enough to win a superbowl

tekunique
12-14-2006, 10:49 AM
i hope he can lead the titans for a win over Jacksonville...cuz that would be helping the Jets.

renagade410
12-14-2006, 11:22 AM
i hope he can lead the titans for a win over Jacksonville...cuz that would be helping the Jets.

i actually want the jets to go to the playoffs....they kinda fucked up last sunday on a golden oppurtunity

tekunique
12-14-2006, 12:08 PM
i actually want the jets to go to the playoffs....they kinda fucked up last sunday on a golden oppurtunity
i know man... the offense was REALLY off.....but i knew Bills would be tough to beat... JP Losman is on a roll and the team is in rhythm and comin off a tuff lost to SD, i knew they was gonna come out blastin.... all good. if jets win the remaining games and Titans beat Jaguars they should have a good chance to make it to the P.O. also, Patriots got owned by the Dolphins last sun which helped the Jets too.

Visionz
12-14-2006, 02:44 PM
here's the problem with vince young...he's begining to rely too much on the run sometimes even as a 1st or second option and we learned from michael vick that yea its effective but not effective enough to win a superbowl I disagree there. Vince looks to pass first, if nothings there or he's about to get sacked and doesn't see anybody he runs it. There will be times when he's about to bolt downfield but will instead complete a pass for a good 15 yards or so. Lets you know he's still lookin downfield.

maestro wooz
12-15-2006, 12:11 AM
yeah vince is amazing, i thought he'd be okay but i didn't think he'd be this good this quick. Shoulda seen this coming though
*flash backs to 80 yard run vs. michigan*
*flash backs to rose bowl*

TurnThePage
12-15-2006, 02:19 AM
lol @ all you haters feelin dumb now

tekunique
12-18-2006, 07:53 AM
VY does it again and helped the Jets by giving the Jaguars same record [8-6] as the gang green.. Pats still couldnt clinch..lol

LHX
12-18-2006, 11:28 AM
85 passing yards yesterday

lightin it up

Visionz
12-18-2006, 11:46 AM
they got the only thing that really matters

the

W

tekunique
12-18-2006, 11:53 AM
they got the only thing that really matters

the

W
yup.. and Jaguars arent a scrub team....fuck stats, stats dont give you the W.

Visionz
12-18-2006, 11:58 AM
yup.. and Jaguars arent a scrub team....fuck stats, stats dont give you the W.
word up^, was it a bad play when he lost about 20 yards on that sack near the end of the game, or was it the smarts of Vince not trying to make something outta nothing and making sure he protected the ball?

Doesn't look good on paper, but it was the smartest thing to do at that point.

LHX
12-18-2006, 05:06 PM
im just whining about the fact that it didnt look good in the fantasy pool

i could have used a couple of his 40 yd TD runs

Visionz
12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
^I'm hoping Palmer throws atleast 3 td's tonight