PDA

View Full Version : Little Prodigy Attacks White Historical Figures

iniquity
03-15-2006, 05:59 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3553/autum1vn.jpg

(CBS) PEEKSKILL A controversial poem, recited by a 7-year-old prodigy, is stirring up controversy in a Westchester school district. In it, the child compares Charles Darwin and Christopher Columbus to vampires and pirates, who robbed blacks of their human rights.

Autum Ashante performed at the African burial ground in Manhattan and at the Apollo Theater in Harlem. Her bedroom is decorated with photos reminiscent of the Civil Rights movement. Framed proclamations and awards document the many accomplishments of this aspiring actress and poet.

"They took the black woman, with the black man weak. Made to watch as they changed the paradigm of our village," read Ashante.

But when Ashante of Stamford recited this poem during a Black History Month event at Peekskill Middle School, the home-schooled child prodigy would spark a firestorm of controversy.

“You know, when the ancestors take over you just can't stop them when they do something. And I said, this ain't for white people, and they started walking out," Ashante said.

Ashante said her poem entitled, "White Nationalism Put You In Bondage," was meant to instill pride, not intended to offend.

School officials apparently found Ashante's poem so offensive, it prompted them to send a recorded phone message home to hundreds of parents, apologizing for the child's visit.

It was the second time Ashante visited the school. The invitation was sent out by music teacher Mel Bolden, who stated, "Perhaps we should've had a lesson plan in advance to give them a heads up of what she'd be talking about, to explain it a little better."

Added Batin Ashante, the girl's father, "She's not a racist. She's a literalist and she's true."

True to what she believes in, no matter the audience.

Poem

White Nationalism Put U In Bondage

White nationalism is what put you in bondage
Pirate and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin
Drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with
Steel, tricks and deceit.
Nothing has changed take a look in our streets
The mis-education of she and Hegro – leaves you on your knee2grow
Black lands taken from your hands, by vampires with no remorse
They took the gold, the wisdom and all of the storytellers
They took the black women, with the black man weak
Made to watch as they changed the paradigm
Of our village
They killed the blind, they killed the lazy, they went
So far as to kill the unborn baby
Yeah White nationalism is what put you in bondage
Pirates and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin
They drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with
Steel laden feet, throw in the tricks alcohol and deceit.
Nothing has changed take a look at our streets.

TeknicelStylez
03-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Thats whats up, but I've been saying the same shit since I was 4, they didn't call me a prodigy though, they called me a trouble maker.

tonygusto
03-15-2006, 06:31 PM
why is it that if white people believe they should not be held accountable for the actions of their ancestors; they get so offended by the words of a little girl, they walk out, and the school officials apologize?

hidden ninja
03-15-2006, 06:54 PM
why is it that if white people believe they should not be held accountable for the actions of their ancestors; they get so offended by the words of a little girl, they walk out, and the school officials apologize?well why does someone need to be held accountable for the actions of people who lived hundreds of years ago? I agree that getting offended is stupid, and the school should not have apologized. But since when did any of our actions affect our ancestors lives?

TeknicelStylez
03-15-2006, 06:57 PM
well why does someone need to be held accountable for the actions of people who lived hundreds of years ago? I agree that getting offended is stupid, and the school should not have apologized. But since when did any of our actions affect our ancestors lives?
You missed the point of the poem, the point of the poem is that your ancestors actions AND your actions which have been in action since your ancestors, are still affecting people today.

Pirates and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin
They drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with
Steel laden feet, throw in the tricks alcohol and deceit.
Nothing has changed take a look at our streets.

Observe

tonygusto
03-15-2006, 07:03 PM
you missed the point of my question. Ill rephrase it later.
whatever yo

hidden ninja
03-15-2006, 07:15 PM
You missed the point of the poem, the point of the poem is that your ancestors actions AND your actions which have been in action since your ancestors, are still affecting people today.Agreed, but that doesn't mean anyone should be "held accountable" for what's been done. Particularly not people who have done nothing but be born with white skin.

The world is in very poor condition right now, and there are lots of problems that need to be changed; but we need to work together as one if we expect them to. We can't let these man made borders seperate us anymore.

THE W
03-15-2006, 07:34 PM
its the rich vs. the poor

the haves vs. the have-nots

dif de la rev
03-15-2006, 08:05 PM
don't keep saying that. its more than have vs not and rich vs poor. that will make you always cybical of those who make it and skeptical of those who don't. there are unlimited resources at hand to make yourself rich. first you have a brain then you have your mind you have some knowledge of what you want and need to do. then you find the treasures of those resources and manufactured the requisite materials to produce those wants. you're online you have the veritable world to dive into and indulge your head to practically anything under the sun. saying have , what do they have more guns more fake money (stocks and such), more materialistic items (more bathrooms cars jewelry etc), they have more time to fuck everybody else while everybody else fucks each other to have more and stay on top of the dog eat dog. they have more what? what you have less time to acheive what you want less space less intelligence less gumption to get the ball rolling less incintive to get out and get something. oh they have their bigger slice of pie that chunck of cake more cream to lie to more people and kill more dreams.

stop saying its rich vs poor that is now the lie that is being told and sold to make one think they can't get anywhere for they have nothing. for now on any one/time i hear rich/poor i'm calling them a crab in the bucket and a :loser:

THE W
03-15-2006, 08:13 PM
unlimted resources? then what do we need money for? everything should be free of charge.

its a power game

dif de la rev
03-15-2006, 08:27 PM
power game politicians play broker what and who you know to make that move. power over way of thinking. that way power of lives brain slaves mentally berave thinking actually in line as good behavior. power as in control in the public sphere never will have authority unless you relenquish that control over your mind.

THE W
03-15-2006, 08:46 PM
i dont know what you just said but,

its very much a battle between rich an poor. rich cant be rich if the poor aint poor. they have to do what they need to do to keep the less priviliged in a place where they dont have shit and they are killing each other over little scraps(drugs, bitches, jewelry, cars, etc) so they can build more prisons and have more rappers coming up talking about killing each other over scraps and making record companies billions while they make millions.

why should the rich give fuck if a poor person makes it rich if it makes them money? its not like these rappers are gonna go into their communities and teach their people to be more than savages in persuit of wealth anyway. so the cycle will continue on forever cuz in order to get paid we got to get them paid 10 times over.

capitolism, gotta love it.

iniquity
03-15-2006, 08:52 PM
don't keep saying that. its more than have vs not and rich vs poor. that will make you always cybical of those who make it and skeptical of those who don't. there are unlimited resources at hand to make yourself rich. first you have a brain then you have your mind you have some knowledge of what you want and need to do. then you find the treasures of those resources and manufactured the requisite materials to produce those wants. you're online you have the veritable world to dive into and indulge your head to practically anything under the sun. saying have , what do they have more guns more fake money (stocks and such), more materialistic items (more bathrooms cars jewelry etc), they have more time to fuck everybody else while everybody else fucks each other to have more and stay on top of the dog eat dog. they have more what? what you have less time to acheive what you want less space less intelligence less gumption to get the ball rolling less incintive to get out and get something. oh they have their bigger slice of pie that chunck of cake more cream to lie to more people and kill more dreams.

stop saying its rich vs poor that is now the lie that is being told and sold to make one think they can't get anywhere for they have nothing. for now on any one/time i hear rich/poor i'm calling them a crab in the bucket and a :loser:

Not Rich vs Poor uh? Tell that to the youngin's that have to attend a shity school because they live in a POOR neighborhood while the seeds of the RICH attend the best schools. Sure, you're probably going to tell me that it's the fault of the Parents, and then I will tell you that their Parents are doing the best they can working 2 jobs each to make ends meet. When we say that it's the Rich vs the Poor it does not mean that we want to be Rich or that we judge ourselves by our poverty. It means that we would like to be somewhere in between at least because some of us are doing what has to be done just to keep a spoon of rice in our stomaches. I'm sure you're going to tell me that it's their fault for having those shity jobs & that they should have stayed in school, then I will direct you to line no.1.

Would I like to be rich? Sure.

Do I feel inferior to rich ppl? No.

What do you want? Equality.

iniquity
03-15-2006, 09:04 PM
:cop: Lets stay on topic tho. :cop:

Wamukota X
03-16-2006, 07:15 AM
The way they reacted to that little girl they react the same way on these forums.

100pr00f
03-16-2006, 08:14 AM
yea to walk out was stupit but a point is ..its partly wrong...

look on are streets

..when i look on the streets i see
whits/ blacks/other

walking around broke as fuck
getting steped on by the rich white/black/other

THE W
03-16-2006, 08:30 AM
i dont think there was anything wrong with what she said. the truth hurts.

it was the europeans who oppressed africans back in the slave days. today they neglect the slums where blacks live. its not a white against black thing anymore though, it is most definately a class issue.

the youngin is just pointing out the history of how blacks were treated.

hectis
03-16-2006, 09:56 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3553/autum1vn.jpg

IT IS BEAUTIFUL TO HEAR THE TRUTH COMING FROM A CHILD

HANZO
03-16-2006, 10:54 AM
isnt this freedom of speech???
she can say watever she wants but to me it looks like the parents have impacted this childs thoughts. It one thing to know what happened in the past but turning that to hate isnt right. Its like the 2 white girls who idolise Hitler, i mean the parents just use their kids to portray their own thoughts.

Wamukota X
03-16-2006, 10:57 AM
I didn't see "hate" mentioned anywhere in the girls poem.

HANZO
03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
it sounds like this girl isnt too fond of white ppl or am i wrong

THE W
03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
i dont see how stating history is hateful. this stuff happened man.

Maboya
03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
out of the mouth of babes....

Wamukota X
03-16-2006, 11:15 AM
The Amerikkkan school system has taught an untrue version of history. What this girl is talking about really happened if the truth causes someone to hate then that hate is justified.

P-Noid Brown
03-16-2006, 11:19 AM
props to the beautiful youth growing up learning how to express herself. i'm not saying her views are right i am not saying they are wrong. But it feels good to see the youth this intelligent using poetry to express her feelings!

HANZO
03-16-2006, 02:06 PM
i see the cause of the ills in black history is blamed on the white man, which is true. sorry if i was misunderstood,

WU-KILLAH
03-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Darwin a pirate and vampire ??? poor brainwashed little girl... america is really sick sick sick ....

stak84
03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
ok i hate to be the scynic but this girl is
seven? she has not lived enough life
for her to form these opinions on her
own im sure she is smart but im guessing
she had a lot of help from her parents
in writing this poem.

and secondly im sick of all the
fuckin pseudo revolutionaries in
here using the term "whiteman".
cracka, pale face, toehead,
hillbilly, white trash,anything but
whiteman what the fuck.

stak84
03-16-2006, 06:39 PM
its one poem, and dont you think that if you
said its not hard to see your surroundings
and she just observed them that she should
not be considered a genius cuz thats all
she did, im not knocking the girl just your
logic about her being a genius

stak84
03-16-2006, 08:53 PM
first of all how many fuckin 11 or 12 year old
white kids do you know that go to college and
how the fuck do you know what people think of
how they got there, you throw that shit out
there like it happens all the time, you talk
and say nothing all at the same time

galt john galt
03-17-2006, 02:07 AM
a poem about black history where whites are mentioned as the bad topic. at the age of seven she has a very good sense of identity and they want to rebuke her for speaking her mind.at age seven the majority of blacka probably could not expound that nor comprehend what she said granted that might get the gist. i went to an all black school run by black nationalist and pan-afrikanism until age eight or third grade. so her reading that poem is startling to the education system for one being home schooled and not getting the homogenous schooling where that think what one has programmed into them not what to think as how.

HANZO
03-17-2006, 10:43 AM
im not stating that she is a genius,im also not saying she's not, what im saying is when them lil white kids end up in college at 12 and 13 and shit nobody doubts their abilities. nobody says oh well you parents did your homework or your parents cheated for you, also taking note that most kids that do that are home schooled. why is it so hard to believe that a young sista wrote this poem, put two and two together and said damn shit is fucked up just as it was back in the day.

actually it was in an english newspaper about a 12 year old indian kid who goes to college and he performed surgery when he was 7. the world does recognise genius kids that aint white.

Fr@z
03-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Thats whats up, but I've been saying the same shit since I was 4, they didn't call me a prodigy though, they called me a trouble maker.

Is that so? Well ive been saying it since i was 16 seconds pregnant.

LORD NOSE
03-17-2006, 11:03 AM
she did good and a million more need to join her and tear they whole shit down so we can burn it

tajeco
03-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Some of you need to quit saying that I am in the same category as my anscestors. What am I supposed to do? I make $6.85 an hour, in Southern California. My mom is a school secretary, and my dad's been doing construction for 30 years, neither of them graduated highschool. So please, think about what you're saying when you say modern day whites are the same as the ones who have been in power, whites have starved to death in America too btw.

stak84
03-17-2006, 03:41 PM
its true the vast majority of the poor in
the U.S. are white, just think sometimes
people forget about that little fact

Aqueous Moon
03-17-2006, 03:54 PM
when i went to college i went with a selected few other kids. the schooling was awarded for "gifted" kids that were underprivelaged. so when i went there was me and one other white girl the rest were "minorities" so yea i know alot of black kids that went to college. a little of topic i remember there was a 5%er that help run the dorm that the kids stayed on he used to treat me like i was sub-human every chance he got. i was a real wide eyed dreamy kid back then and i rememeber him taking assignments from me that i worked hard on and tearing them up throwing them away. i think its ironic that 5%ers feel victimized and thier idea of making things better is victimizing others. and in this case a 12 yr old kid.

Maybe that 5% who treated you that way was not being nice...you never know what kinda crap he has went through.

I don't condone that kinda stuff.

Because, White people can come in all colors.

It's a state of mind...

Revelation 13:16 - And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Anyone could be like a beast if they have his actions (right hand) and way of thinking (forehead).

The little princess who wrote the poem is like the child that will led them...we should study her words and learn from them.

Cause how she sees us, the generation before her, and our oppressors can help us understand how to make things better.

TeknicelStylez
03-19-2006, 05:50 PM
all i hope is that the child gets to really blossom into a force against the powers that be. A voice thats is lead not only by how she grew up but by her own understanding and knowledge of herself her people and her surroundings.
the children are the future, and their future is freedom for all, but first they have to be free themselves, bong bong.

The children are the future, but don't forget that YOU are the future too, I'm not exactly positive how old you are, but guesstimating and ruling out speratic fatalities, you have alot of years left on this earth, everyone has the ability to make a difference even with one day.

born invincible
03-19-2006, 06:03 PM
bullshit...