PDA

View Full Version : Reality Show-Black.White

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Has anyone seen this show? It's about a white and black family living together and then the white folks get black makeup put on them and then the black folks get white make up on and each goes out into the world as the opposite race............

I understand what the purpose of the show is....but white folks in black makeup will never understand what it is like to be black....see it's easier for the black folks to become white b/c we as black people have conformed to the white society.......

Wamukota X
03-16-2006, 08:42 AM
I heard of it. True indeed, they still will not understand.

100pr00f
03-16-2006, 08:46 AM
haha yea saw this
..the one that didnt look black was the white guy

and the one kid that turnd white
one weird white guy he made lol
his voice didnt fit
it was to deep

the one white girl did a ok job
and the blck guy that was with white guy

looked like dave chappell as a white guy

its a ok show...but i rather watch
the hunted show.. i for get the name

the copeny was taps

lol

freaked me out at night

snapple
03-16-2006, 08:49 AM
it's not a lost cause though...people can learn and understand other people's struggles to an extent...since all creeds struggle

100pr00f
03-16-2006, 08:51 AM
yea..they took the rich and snobby fam
too
dont dont live out side just in thier big house

one part that got to me was the white ladie

she was like

"yo bitch"
lol
"i just thout that was the way they talked"

that ercked me

hectis
03-16-2006, 08:59 AM
When Dose This Show Come On?

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 09:07 AM
It comes on Wednesday's at 10pm.......u know......yes we can learn but white folks can never "truely" learn or understand us.....seriously.........like I said, we know how to interact with white folks b/c we do it everyday.......

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 09:12 AM
True....what was Ice Cube thinknig?

100pr00f
03-16-2006, 09:17 AM
its not realy pointless

its give both sides a view of other race..to give them both a chance to respect each other not as race but as a friend

i mean now days...as u walk in a store in a lowscale place
they workers are going to follow any one that walksin the store
to see if they stake somthin
i dont know how the upscal plases are cus i cant afford it

100pr00f
03-16-2006, 09:18 AM
ice of cours..he is dropping cd soon..he wants his name heard lol

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 09:19 AM
LOL......that's sounds like a logical thing........

I mean, these white folks wanted to wear dashikis to church.......who does that? I feel sorry for them b/c they only know one world..........

num2son
03-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Its not really becoming black or white its fooling other ppl thinking that u are black or white.

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 09:37 AM
No.......I think it's seeing how the other race lives, is treated......etc.

num2son
03-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah true, but how come "they" cant stay the way "they" are. I realize that i am stuck with my brown fo LIFE.

It would have been a better idea to take ppl who dislike the other race.

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 09:47 AM
I think......b/c in order for blacks to be true then the white folks need to be in makeup b/c otherwise we conform to white society and they may not receive the "full effect".

THE W
03-16-2006, 10:14 AM
i fail to see how this will benefit either race.

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 10:19 AM
I don't know how it is suppose to benefit......I watch it b/c of curiosity.......

THE W
03-16-2006, 10:21 AM
i watched "flavor of love" out of curiousity

do these chics REALLY like this guy??? :? :? :?

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
LOL....I don't know....I mean, he does have a big heart but I don't think I get passed his looks.......

num2son
03-16-2006, 10:29 AM
i fail to see how this will benefit either race.

I feel the same way. Why dont the whole world become either black or white?

num2son
03-16-2006, 10:30 AM
do these chics REALLY like this guy??? :? :? :?

What happened to the first girl he was going to marry?

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 10:32 AM
What happened to the first girl he was going to marry?

Oh Bridgette....she is marrying that guy that was on the Strange Love show........

7ess
03-16-2006, 10:32 AM
what they need 2 do on that show is send the white lady for a job interview as herself then dress her up in her makeup and send her 2 the same interview as a black women, then put the white dude in his makeup and send him through his own section of town in a hooptie with a tail light out, couple times i wanted to slap that white bitch, don't have the patience to watch that show again...

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 10:33 AM
U know.......sometimes I feel like the black lady on the Black.White show....I wish things were like they used to be....where racism was up front in ur face, that I would know who or what I am dealing with......

THE W
03-16-2006, 10:39 AM
what they need 2 do on that show is send the white lady for a job interview as herself then dress her up in her makeup and send her 2 the same interview as a black women, then put the white dude in his makeup and send him through his own section of town in a hooptie with a tail light out, couple times i wanted to slap that white bitch, don't have the patience to watch that show again...
good idea

make the "black" folk try and go out and get a job that black wouldnt get and make the "white" folk go to the deepest darkest part of the hood.

that would bring out some understanding.

THE W
03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
U know.......sometimes I feel like the black lady on the Black.White show....I wish things were like they used to be....where racism was up front in ur face, that I would know who or what I am dealing with......
why in the world would you want to go back being hosed down, chased by a mob of racist white folks to be hanged, told to use a nasty ass bathroom, not being able to attend college, get a job, and getting rejected for service by various restaurants?

num2son
03-16-2006, 10:46 AM
why in the world would you want to go back being hosed down, chased by a mob of racist white folks to be hanged, told to use a nasty ass bathroom, not being able to attend college, get a job, and getting rejected for service by various restaurants?

LOL, damn wade not that for back.

hectis
03-16-2006, 10:50 AM
This Show Sound Real Dumb Is It Even Worth My Time?

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 10:53 AM

Damn....u went way back!!!!!!! I mean when if someone didn't like blacks they would say nigger to ur face....then I can be like "oh ok.....I ain't fucking wit u".......see now a days.....folks say things like "I got black friends" "I've had black people in my house".....I mean just say it.......I hate blacks......

THE W
03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
well you said "when racism was up in front of you face" so thats what i thought you meant.

i think that you can still tell even today. you wont be able to look at someone from afar and see they hate blacks but once you get close to them you'll definately find out.

also some people are caught in a lot of stereotypes and are scared of black people and they stand off on some things. they dont hate blacks, they just need to be educated some.

Queen Of Poetry
03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
True.......I don't know........

stak84
03-16-2006, 03:56 PM
I have several thoughts on this show as i
watch it religiously, first the white lady is
a complete fuckin idiot, but it is not
completely her fault because she has never
been immersed or even a part of "black culture"
there is racism it exists on all fronts and i think
its stupid to not admit it. I agree that the format
of this show should have been for the white
people to do stuff as white people and then
do it as a black person and vice versa for the
black people. I dont think that when white people
say that I have had black people in my house
they are not all complete morons or racist, that
is the only way for them to prove that they are
not racist which is common in highly populated
areas. lastly some people attain views because
of life experiences, ive gotten my head stomped
on for no apparent reason by some black dudes one
time, would you say that this would give me a good
excuse to be scared of large groups of black guys
when i am by myself, for the record i am not i believe
that you should not administer a judgement based on
isolated incidents, but if i did would i be justified,
just curious please respond.

My First Timbs
03-16-2006, 05:34 PM
this show is fatally flawed.. its a good old concept but there are still some difficulties that prevent the other race from getting a true feeling of what the other's race is like.

entertaining and something to discuss nontheless

Queen Of Poetry
04-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Ok......is it me or does Bruo just not get it.....he isn't open to anything......and......I thought the black parents were correct in making him take that watch back....I'm with her, negro what job do u got!!!!!!!!!!!!