PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

whitey
05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
a big club should really buy diego now before he gets more expensive. hes still really young and will be good for years to come.

I got this from goal.com on Milans situation....

Apparently he has been promised by Galliani that at least one of Shevchenko, Ronaldinho and Eto'o will come to Milan in the summer.
In addition, he will be handed finds to bring in the likes of Emreson (Real Madrid) and Alex (PSV) - two players he has tagged as top priority.

Roman Deini
05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Gonna be Sheva. Cant see Eto'o leave Barca. Ronaldinho maybe.

Heinze isnt a Madrid player yet. More teams wants his signature.

Diego will stay one more year at Werder Bremen before he leaves them for a team in Spain or Italy.

Glad that Mexes signed a new contract :), will keep him a Roma player till 2011.

FrenchShin
05-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Alex is Chelsea's property... they wouldn't sell one of the best defensers to the winner of the CL, while they want to win it, would they ? anyway, nothing would surprise me anymore, Chelsea is a weird club with too much money in Roman's wallet (coz in the bank, there is none).

Roman Deini
05-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Alex needs a work permit to play for Chelsea. The question is would he get one... If not Milan will make a bid.

Frontal Lobotomy
05-29-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm sad that Gabby is probably leaving, he's a good defender with plenty of bite. I'm just glad we got Evra and Vidic who play that role (LB&CB) remarkably well.
I've heard that Real Madrid are interested in linking Diego and Robinho up again. If they do buy him it'll be a remarkable bit of business for Bremen, they paid something like €8m for him, and there's talk of Real paying up to €30m for him. Thought I'm not sure where he'd fit in seeing as they've got to accomodate Higuain, Gago & Diarra and Robinho as it is. Beckham leaving will open up a midfield slot but a player of Diego's level needs to play 40+ games in a season to compete with Kaka and the like for an already congested position for the Brazil national side.

Fiorentina have also come out today saying Luca Toni will be leaving this summer, as to where I'm not sure.

FrenchShin
05-29-2007, 02:03 PM
i remember seeing Robinho and Diego playing for Santos, it was some real entertainment. but it was the Brazilian championship...

anyway, the same clubs will be on the same players...

and it's a good time for young Brazilian players, Dunga is a very innovative coach, who don't give a fuck about the "status" of players.

FrenchShin
05-29-2007, 02:17 PM
http://soccer-europe.com/Graphics/Photos/2005/December2005/UCL_7_December_Rivaldo.jpg

Brazil legend Rivaldo leaves Olympiakos for AEK Athens. he left Olympiakos, after 3 titles in a row, due to a financial beef with the president of the club.

Frontal Lobotomy
05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
I read about this earlier, might cause some heavy beefs with those teams as they don't get on at the best of times. I hear Juan Sebastian Veron might be heading to Olympiakos or Panathanikos, whichever one his father played for.

FrenchShin
05-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Alex needs a work permit to play for Chelsea. The question is would he get one... If not Milan will make a bid.

thinking about the work permit... damn, can't Roman drop some loot here and there for a funky piece of paper ?

Frontal Lobotomy
05-30-2007, 09:36 AM
They'd be able to get a work permit, but it may require an appeal. His reputation as a top draw champions league defener will work in his favour, even if he's not a regular for Brazil (though he should be)

The Hound
05-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Bayern confirm £7.5m Toni deal

Wed 30 May, 02:30 PM

Bayern Munich have confirmed they have agreed a deal to sign Italy international striker Luca Toni from Fiorentina.In a statement released by the club on Wednesday afternoon, Bayern revealed they would pay a fee of 11 million euros (£7.5 million).
"Munich can announce a new addition for the new season," the statement read. "Italian world champion striker Luca Toni will join from Fiorentina, effective from July 1, 2007, for a fee of 11 million euros.
"He will come to Munich next week to undergo a medical and he is to sign a four-year contract until June 30, 2011."
The deal was expected after Fiorentina president Diego Della Valle on Monday confirmed the club would respect Toni's wish to leave the Viola.
The 30-year-old striker had a contract with Fiorentina until 2009. He joined the club from Palermo in 2005 and became an instant hit, scoring 31 goals in his first season to help the club finish in the top four.
Toni's form earned him a place on the Italy team that won the World Cup in Germany last year. This season, Toni finished as the Viola's joint top-scorer alongside Adrian Mutu with 16 goals, as Fiorentina recovered from a 15-point deduction for match-fixing to qualify for the UEFA Cup

Frontal Lobotomy
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
This just in, according to Man Utd's website, we've effectively signed Nani (Sporting CP) and Anderson (porto)

United have agreed terms in principle to sign FC Porto's exciting Brazilian starlet Anderson.

The 19-year-old is an attacking midfielder, although he can also play out wide or up front.

An official United statement confirmed: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with FC Porto for the purchase of the registration of Anderson.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been complete

Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with Sporting Lisbon for the purchase of the registration of Nani.
Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed.

Nani looks a little lightweight but he has potential. Anderson really impresses me though, it should hopefully make up for us losing out on Ronaldinho, I just hope he doesn't end up like Kleberson hm.

FrenchShin
05-30-2007, 05:11 PM
heh, the same thought came through my mind about Kleberson, though i was thinking Nani could be a new Kleberson, due to his light weight. it might be tough for him in Premiership.

nice pick for ManU, as everybody was chasing him, from Madrid to Milan, Chelsea, Liverpool, Lyon... it looks to me ManU got a priority on the Portuguese wonderkids.

HANZO
05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
im not sure about luca toni and bayern. i dnt think he is the one to bring back the glory days for them.

i hear a rumor that arsenal might swap henry for eto'o with barcalona paying on top. it could happen. henry wats champions leagues and eto'o wants out of barca.

The Hound
05-31-2007, 03:19 AM
im not sure about luca toni and bayern. i dnt think he is the one to bring back the glory days for them.

i hear a rumor that arsenal might swap henry for eto'o with barcalona paying on top. it could happen. henry wats champions leagues and eto'o wants out of barca.
you won't get an argument from me there

timo hildebrand is supposed to be going to valencia

FrenchShin
05-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Hargreaves at ManU.

ManU will have to get rid of some players, won't they ?

Guess what ? Roman said he's ready to spend a lot.

Frontal Lobotomy
05-31-2007, 09:48 AM
I can see Richardson, Heinze, Saha and Brown leaving. We needed a left winger and attacking midfielder to gradally be brought in so they can acclimatise themselves to Giggs' and Scholes' roles. Neither can replace them, as they're both immense but if we're patient like we were with Ronaldo then I'm sure it'll work out. We need a new striker now, Huntelaar would be a realistic option as we only need a poacher, the new blood have the pace.

Chelsea will get Quaresma, and maybe Lucho Gonzalez if they lose Lampard. But I can't se Porto allowing Chelsea to rob oo many of their players. I heard an interesting rumour that Boulahrouz is being sold already, to Bayern Munich for €5m, half what was paid for him last summer. Maybe a first option on Schweinsteiger as part of it? Alex joining is common knowledge, of course.

The Hound
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
sources on boulahrouz?

are you kidding? you honestly think bayern will swap our #1 one midfield for another left back? we got lahm and jansen why would we sign boulharouz and give away our most potent midfielder? i dont believe that for a second, and if it is true, uli hoeness can go and get fucked up the arse

mark viduka to newcastle united is another rumour

FrenchShin
05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
wow... Bayern really wants Ribéry, putting 20 mil + Santa Cruz on the table.

whitey
05-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Boca Juniors exec Pedro Pompillo says strike sensation Rodrigo Palacio will accept a transfer to Barcelona once the club can get all part owners of the player's registration onboard. The Catalans will reportedly pay over 20 million euros for the striker, but Juan Paladino has to clear the path of all obstacles first.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-01-2007, 06:02 AM
sources on boulahrouz?

are you kidding? you honestly think bayern will swap our #1 one midfield for another left back? we got lahm and jansen why would we sign boulharouz and give away our most potent midfielder? i dont believe that for a second, and if it is true, uli hoeness can go and get fucked up the arse

mark viduka to newcastle united is another rumour

First option doesn't necesarily mean they'll buy him right away, it could be in a year or 2. I was just speculating on that, you can't expect to get a top drawer defender for half his worth and for Chelsea to not want anything in return.
My sources are my sources, journalists and people involved with agents etc. Funnily enough the same story came out in the British press today, talking about how Boulahrouz going to Bayern, with Chelsea competing with Juventus for Pizarro on a bosman.

Barcelona are getting themselves a class forward in Palacio, provided they sort out his registration. This player ownership nonsense is becoming a problem, particularly when so many people have a piece of the pie.

whitey
06-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Bayern Munich striker Claudio Pizarro has joined Chelsea on a free transfer, according to reports.

FrenchShin
06-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Chelsea's building a new locker room, for the 138 professional players they wanna sign this year.

whitey
06-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Manchester United are reportedly set to bid $16 million for bolton striker Nicolas Anelka as they bid to strengthen their forward line.

i found that very interesting. a step up from saha or anyone else they have other than rooney, but im still not sure if its a long term fix. ecspecially with anelkas propencity to self destruct.

HANZO
06-01-2007, 05:19 PM
the england brazil game was a bit boring, brazil out played england with their ball movement but never looked threatening. england were poor and theres nothing else to say about the game.

whitey
06-02-2007, 02:38 AM
ronaldinho looked nice at times. i really think ronaldo should be back in the squad with robinho. they really do play better football than anyone else i dont care if the score was 1-1. there was just some instance of mantaining posession between like 3 guys with 3 or 4 give and goes with defenders all around that just boggle the mind.

im glad beckham assisted, would have been nice if he scored that free kick. i was never a big fan of his, other than his imense ability to hit frees and deliever balls in the run of play, but he took way too much shit for the "downfall" of england and real madrid. im glad he is showing both of them they can suck a dick.

i think he will shred mls with hes frees and service too. easily have 15 assists in half a season and 10ish free kick goals.

side note, marsalas salas (sp) the chilean is looking at a move to chicago fire or dc united. mls is not as bad as many people think. a lot of athletisism in there. they just need players with more skills. the likes of beckham, anghel, salas, ect. type players should elevate the game. if it really takes off american sports leagues pay the best, if mls gets that kind of money who knows what kind of players they can bring in.

The Hound
06-02-2007, 03:52 AM
First option doesn't necesarily mean they'll buy him right away, it could be in a year or 2. I was just speculating on that, you can't expect to get a top drawer defender for half his worth and for Chelsea to not want anything in return.
My sources are my sources, journalists and people involved with agents etc. Funnily enough the same story came out in the British press today, talking about how Boulahrouz going to Bayern, with Chelsea competing with Juventus for Pizarro on a bosman.

Barcelona are getting themselves a class forward in Palacio, provided they sort out his registration. This player ownership nonsense is becoming a problem, particularly when so many people have a piece of the pie.
bayern aren't gonna need boulharouz and if they do sign him uli hoeness can go and get fucked, already have 2 german internationals in the same position, dont need 3 internationals in the same position

Roman Deini
06-02-2007, 05:41 AM
boula's natural position is that of a central defender not a leftback as what you think.

chiba
06-02-2007, 05:41 AM
brazil england friendly wasnt all that
its a friendly so nobody really played that hard

i knew it would end as a tie tho
lets see how brazil does against turkey on tuesday

Frontal Lobotomy
06-02-2007, 07:58 AM
boula's natural position is that of a central defender not a leftback as what you think.

Exactly, though he's often used as a utility defender, hence why Chelsea got him in the vain hope of replacing Gallas. I thik Bayern would benefit greatly from having a player of Boulahrouz's quality in their side. He's much better than Van Buyten and Ismael anyway. And for €5m I'd call it a bargain.
Pizarro going to Chelsea was a shrewd bit of business, he's a class striker. They not got 2 players in their squad who've fractured their skulls, maybe they'll start a padded helmet trend? hah

On another bosman striker note, wouldn't mind Saviola putting on a Utd shirt.

FrenchShin
06-02-2007, 09:57 AM
i can see Saviola going to Turin...

chiba
06-02-2007, 04:12 PM
ronaldinho looked nice at times. i really think ronaldo should be back in the squad with robinho. they really do play better football than anyone else i dont care if the score was 1-1.

side note, marsalas salas (sp) the chilean is looking at a move to chicago fire or dc united. mls is not as bad as many people think. a lot of athletisism in there. they just need players with more skills. the likes of beckham, anghel, salas, ect. type players should elevate the game..

i think adriano over ronaldo
then again ronaldo is starting to get back into shape

i dont know why dunga cut out ze roberto and emerson??

is zidane gonna play in the mls??? i heard rumors about it

HANZO
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
i knew it would end as a tie tho
lets see how brazil does against turkey on tuesday

they will crush us cause we just lost to bosnia:yessad: . the turkish team was soo lazy in that match it was incredible. no passion at all, plus the dirty bosnian players didnt help with all the elbows flying over the place and the game stopped twice because of crowd problems. if we play like this even if brazil dont bother they will destroy us and in a way i hope they do so the media can pound the turkish players for being shit.

FrenchShin
06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
i dont know why dunga cut out ze roberto and emerson??

is zidane gonna play in the mls??? i heard rumors about it

Dunga is the kind of coach who wants to renew the team, and old players have to win their place on the field.

frankly, Emerson hasn't been at the top of his shape this season, even though he's finishing the season quite well, just like the other players of Real. but it's not the Emerson of 2002 anymore.

rumours about Zidane... Ziz makes as much money right now as he was making as a player. so he wouldn't go for the money, and he's not that kind of guy.
would he go for the challenge ? he wants his family to stay put in Madrid, where his 2 first born sons play football and go to school... Ziz being a family guy, i don't see him going to USA ust for fun.

FrenchShin
06-02-2007, 05:06 PM
wow, Anelka is still fire...

Frontal Lobotomy
06-02-2007, 05:42 PM
i can see Saviola going to Turin...

I dunno man, Real Madrid are sniffin round him and I wouldn't be suprised if he joined just to show Barcelona what they're missing out on.
As for Anelka, he may be shithot, but he's the most miserable fucker I've ever come across as a footballer. Anyone who couldn't content themselves playing for the likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid & PSG shouldn't even be given the opportunity to put on a Man Utd shirt, not to mention he played for City. I was really pissed of when I heard Fergie had took a brief look at him. Huntelaar or Saviola will do the trick, and they'll be greatful to play, not miserable bitches looking to line theirs and their brothers pockets.

whitey
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
possible big swap with roma and inter.

samuel, pizzaro, and 5 million euro to roma, for chivu. good deal for both sides i say.

pippo with another double. although it was only a 2-1 against the faroe islands. eehhyuck.

The Hound
06-03-2007, 07:36 AM
he has filled in a bit on the left, and it dont matter, so many defenders in front of him in the centre too, for some reason i find hard to believe a team struggling to score goals is going to buy defenders considering its attacking players walking out

FrenchShin
06-03-2007, 09:32 AM
I dunno man, Real Madrid are sniffin round him and I wouldn't be suprised if he joined just to show Barcelona what they're missing out on.

yeah well... Eto'o did this, going to Barça just to piss off Madrid lol. can't blame him for it though.

As for Anelka, he may be shithot, but he's the most miserable fucker I've ever come across as a footballer. Anyone who couldn't content themselves playing for the likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid & PSG shouldn't even be given the opportunity to put on a Man Utd shirt, not to mention he played for City. I was really pissed of when I heard Fergie had took a brief look at him. Huntelaar or Saviola will do the trick, and they'll be greatful to play, not miserable bitches looking to line theirs and their brothers pockets.

dude was under a lot of pressure as a youngster, and his brothers didn't help. he needed to grow up and be over 25 to realize that, he got rid of his brothers now, at least they don't have the same influence on him anymore.
i like Anelka, it takes a lot to keep on doing this pro football thing after all the bullshit he's been through... now he's the most brilliant player in the French squad, he has a perfect attitude, and nobody can say he's a lazy player.
well, actually i don't care which club he will go to though. i only think he's been more impressive in the French squad than a Henry in the last 2 years.
you forgot Liverpool in your list by the way ;)

Roman Deini
06-03-2007, 09:38 AM
possible big swap with roma and inter.

samuel, pizzaro, and 5 million euro to roma, for chivu. good deal for both sides i say.

No not a good deal. Samuel earns like 4 million, Roma aint gonna pay that. Then they just can pay Chivu that kind of money. I was sad when Samuel was sold to Madrid back in 2002. But he isn't the player anymore he used to be. Wednesday Roma officials meet Chivu's agents and first and foremost it's Chivu that wants to stay at Roma. Money isn't a problem for him.

whitey
06-03-2007, 09:58 AM
i read an update of that swap and they put in someone else for samuel, a gonzales or something. i just saw it real quick.

there was also an gilardino for adriano swap, that i would have creamed over. but i guess they denied it being true.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-03-2007, 10:26 AM
you forgot Liverpool in your list by the way ;)

Hah not quite, I didn't mention Liverpool becsue he was on loan there, and was desperate to stay. He still wouldv'e ended up unhappy though, he wouldn't be Nicolas Anelka otherwise.

whitey
06-03-2007, 11:42 AM
can anyone see lampard going to juve? hes there big midfield recruite i guess. well see how that goes.

HANZO
06-03-2007, 04:50 PM
can anyone see lampard going to juve? hes there big midfield recruite i guess. well see how that goes.

nah i cant see lampard in a juve shirt. plus i dont think he will go to a club which wont be in any european competition.

whitey
06-03-2007, 08:48 PM
AC Milan have declared an interest in signing Thierry Henry as the Frenchman's future at Arsenal remains as uncertain as ever.

from goal.com i would fuckkkkkkking love it. ac milan would dominate. kaka ronaldo henry pirlo gattuso serdorf...be serious.

Roman Deini
06-04-2007, 02:46 AM

if ranieri becomes the new coach he will come i believe.

and chivu to inter or anyother club? forget about it, he gonna renew his contract at roma for five years.

FrenchShin
06-04-2007, 06:29 AM
AC Milan have declared an interest in signing Thierry Henry as the Frenchman's future at Arsenal remains as uncertain as ever.

from goal.com i would fuckkkkkkking love it. ac milan would dominate. kaka ronaldo henry pirlo gattuso serdorf...be serious.

nah, Milan mystery man is Ronnie. for some reason, there is this fantasy going on at Milan of building a brazilian attack made of Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronnie.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Henry won't go back to Italy, he had a crack a Juve and it wasn't working (and yes, I know he was utilied as a winger there) the only club he'll leave Arsenal for would be Barcelona, same goes or Lampard. Seria A is a step down these days, and the big teams are known cheaters. I know Milan won the european cup, but they should never have been allowed back in, UEFA backed down the mob, while if an English side did it they'd have been banned for 5 years. I mean, its not even like its the first time for Milan or Lazio that they've been done for cheating.

whitey
06-04-2007, 06:49 AM
Milan is by FAR the best club team of the last 20 years. Step down, I think not. And ask Henry if wants to "play in a better league" or win trophies.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Best in the last 20 years? they've been done for cheating twice in that amount of time. Winning trophies has been marred by match fixing, don't look to deflect people from the truth. I dislike Real Madrid immensely, but they have in fact been more successful in the last 20 years. Same amount of domestic titles, but more cup wins and european honours.

The Hound
06-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Milan is by FAR the best club team of the last 20 years. Step down, I think not. And ask Henry if wants to "play in a better league" or win trophies.
:no:

FrenchShin
06-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Serie A is boring and not challenging enough for a guy like Henry. he'd better stay in England if he wants challenge. playing against Udinese is not like playing against West Ham...
if he wants to enjoy, he should go to Spain.

by the way, it really looks like Ribéry is going to Bayern. honestly, i think it's a much better option for him than Madrid.
Madrid is watching Daniel Alves of FC Sevilla, which annoys me a bit, coz he's way too expensive and is not really worth that much. and they already have Cicinho, goddamn it.

whitey
06-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Milan v. Real Madrid. 20 year comparison. 87-07

Domestic titles: Milan 7 time winners, Madrid 7 time winners.

National Cup (coppa italia, copa del ray): Milan 1 time winner, Madrid 2 time winner.

Super Coppa: Milan 5 time winners, Madrid 7 times winners

Champions League: Milan 5 times winners (3 runners up), Madrid 3 times winners

European Super Cup: Milan 4, Madrid 1

Intercontinental Cup: Milan 2, Madrid 1

I think you guys are confusing the dominating Real Madrid of the 50s and 60s with today.

whitey
06-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Serie A is boring and not challenging enough for a guy like Henry.

cough more like he couldnt cut it cough cough

henry is sick, but i really think the premiership lends to his style of play. especially the way aresenal play. even look when hes in the national team, hes not nearly the same player with the same strike rate as in the epl.

Krimewave
06-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Milan v. Real Madrid. 20 year comparison. 87-07

Domestic titles: Milan 7 time winners, Madrid 7 time winners.

National Cup (coppa italia, copa del ray): Milan 1 time winner, Madrid 2 time winner.

Super Coppa: Milan 5 time winners, Madrid 7 times winners

Champions League: Milan 5 times winners (3 runners up), Madrid 3 times winners

European Super Cup: Milan 4, Madrid 1

Intercontinental Cup: Milan 2, Madrid 1

I think you guys are confusing the dominating Real Madrid of the 50s and 60s with today.

word....
don't see how anyone can argue against Milan being the biggest club over the last 20 years....

Frontal Lobotomy
06-04-2007, 02:15 PM
The stats go one or 2 trophies the other way, Spain had better teams during the 80s and 90s than Italy did.
Milan are still cheats, why is this being hedged around? Quality players and trophies don't matter a shit when you're caught red handed cheating. Two times no less. A lot of their domestic success is dubious at best. Please stop being ignorant and at least acknowledge the truth.

FrenchShin is right too, Serie A is a fucking godawful league to watch. The Eredivisie is more entertaining.

whitey
06-04-2007, 03:22 PM
haha be fuckin sarious son, madrid had better teams in the 90s. do you know anything about milans team in the 90s? some of the games all time best players. check yo self fool. prolly just some jealous liverpool or man u fan.

and the other scandel was 1980. not the time frame im talking about.

HANZO
06-04-2007, 04:18 PM
i agree with milan being the better club over the last 20 years. early 90's belonged to milan late 90's to real madrid.

i dont know about henry and serie A he was shit at Juve but viera was not soo good at milan but he went back to italy. barcelona have said that they dont want lampard so i think they will go for henry. thats the only place i see henry going.

and this serie a business yes it is boring espeicially this season with no juve and milan being mid-table. but its a big league the teams pay big money so why wouldnt players go there.

FrenchShin
06-04-2007, 05:03 PM
i ain't interested in getting in that "which team is bigger" debate...

all i'm saying is, for my tastes, Serie A is very very very boring... 2 years ago, i used to watch a lot of European, South American and Asian leagues for professional purposes, and the Serie A is boring.
i remember watching a Udinese-Chievo game, my god, it was awful... and that was only one example among others.
i agree it may be competitive, due to a few (4 or 5) teams, but when it comes to entertainment, there's not. the only fun italian teams have is on the European scene.

for some reason, i found the late CL's pretty boring too, except a few games, and enjoyed the C3 better, maybe because there were a lot of Portuguese and Spanish teams in the last rounds, which played entertaining football.

so, for Henry, he may try the Liga, he could score a lot there, and run a lot, he's built for that.

The Hound
06-05-2007, 06:07 AM
henry belongs in la liga

bayern apparently will be getting ribery pending a medical, $25m, i dont know if he is worth $25m, that is going to be an end of year reflection if it was worth it or not ... what im interested in, if ribery comes for $25m, kaizer said they're going to sign 3/4 more players (when they signed toni) 1) where will the money come from 2) who they gonna buy

4-Bar Killer
06-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Denmark - Sweden was called off before time because a drunk invaded the pitch and hit the referee. Before that, Sweden had been in fron 3-0 after 25 minutes, but Denmark equalised 10 minutes before time. Sevilla midfielder Christian Poulsen hit Markus Rosenberg in the stomach, red card and penalty to Sweden in extra time. And then some drunk fuck attacked the ref.

All goals, red card+attack on ref.

3XT0WI1-Xqc

whitey
06-05-2007, 12:06 PM
looks like belouhrouz is going to bayren too. 5.2 million i believe.

The Hound
06-05-2007, 01:36 PM
look for makaay to go back to holland too

Roman Deini
06-05-2007, 01:58 PM
^^ Or Lyon

FrenchShin
06-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Ribéry's good. but he experiences a bad period (say... around 3 months) every season.
but i really think he can be good in Bundesliga.

whitey
06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
bad news for the deni...

Roma have basically given up on Christian Chivu, and are currently discussing transfer terms with Inter, as the Nerazzurri seem keen to strengthen their rearguard with the Romanian international

goal.com

Roman Deini
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Haha nah, they gonna meet his one of agents tomorrow. They gonna offer the same contract they offered Mexes but Chivu is willing to stay for less. Money isn't a concern for him. They gonna meet Inter tho this friday to discuss Pizarro.

chiba
06-05-2007, 04:13 PM
cant beleive brazil only tied against turkey 0-0

turkey played better than brazil but they didnt capitalize on thier chances
brazils goalie did a great job

dunga is gonna get some serious heat for the 2 ties

Roman Deini
06-05-2007, 04:19 PM
ah doni from roma was in goal tonight from brazil. so he played well chiba? gonna need to see a replay at youtube or something.

FrenchShin
06-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Brazil players don't give a fuck. they're tired, they don't wanna go to the Copa America.

by the way, it was a friendly game, mainly to say goodbye to Tugay.

FrenchShin
06-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Milan wants Eto'o and Emerson... damn, Silvio's lost his checkbook somewhere ?

Rozenhal going to Newcastle. bad move for PSG.

HANZO
06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
turkey played better than brazil but it was a friendly and we played some new guys. kazim-richards from sheffield united got his debut. i dnt kno how he will cope with the national team. not knowing the language doesnt help.
the game was to say goodbye to Tugay who i think is one of our best ever players the guys a model professional and deserved. the guy was very important for our national team i mean we gave a brazilian guy turkish nationality just to fill in the anchorman gap in front of the defense after tugay left. now im just waiting for mr hakan sukur to quit the guys starting to embarass himself and slowdown the progress of the national team.

whitey
06-05-2007, 07:24 PM
i always liked basturk, thought he shoulda been doing bigger things by now.

yea milans trying to spend big. they really havent spent shit in the past couple years. ronaldo came in but he was only about 7 mil. oddo wasnt that much. everybody else they had on the team for atleasta couple years now.

chiba
06-05-2007, 10:07 PM
ah doni from roma was in goal tonight from brazil. so he played well chiba? gonna need to see a replay at youtube or something.

Doni did some key saves, whihc kept the 0-0 deadlock
turkey was all over brazil

it was only in the second half where dunga put in ronaldinho, kaka, gilberto silva.

i think dunga should consider in getting cicinho and put him on the sides (like r.carlos)

eventhough it was a friendly
turkey played very well and really threatened brazils net every chance they got
brazil didnt show thier teeth the whole game

whitey
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
roberto carlos to fernebach.

and milan and barca are trying to sign this 19 year old brazilian eduardo (sp) anyone know anything about him?

chiba
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
^ yeah with some proper training and experience with the veterans
he will be good

Roman Deini
06-06-2007, 02:53 AM
Chivu fuck you. Hope whatever team you end up you either sit on the bench or in the stands. He is up for auction, whoever offers the most can get him.

The Hound
06-06-2007, 06:19 AM
^^ Or Lyon

i highly doubt that

ribery passed a medical and should be a bayern player on thursday, i really doubted this was going to happen, will have to see at the end of the year if he is worth the 25m or not

FrenchShin
06-06-2007, 07:47 AM
http://i.eurosport.com/2006/11/07/318274-1530772-458-238.jpg

my hero... thanks for everything he did with Madrid.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Chivu to Inter, apparently. Unlucky for Roma really, he's a class centre half.
As for Makaay, it may sou da bit strange to begin with, but there's bee na lot of talk the past couple of months that he could be on his way to Celtic. Wouldn't be a bad move for him, 20 goals a season, champions league and linking up with Vennegoor of Hesslink, why not eh?
Though Ribery is set to be a confirmed capture for FC Bayern tomorrow, that mightn't prove to be a bad bit of business.

FrenchShin
06-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Though Ribery is set to be a confirmed capture for FC Bayern tomorrow, that mightn't prove to be a bad bit of business.

it'll only be if Bayern wants to earn money selling pictures to the press, coz he's real ugly.

but i don't see why Ribéry would be a wrong move, for 25 millions, while it's the average price for any wonderkid nowadays.

Roman Deini
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Maybe a bit too much imo the price they pay for Ribery. He will do good at Bayern. Now Klose maybe also on his way and they got a killer attack.

Makaay to Holland? There was only an enquiry made by Feyenoord but they can't buy him cause of no transfer money. In dutch press was also said that Lyon was taking a look.

Chivu is technically still not sold to Inter. He is put up for auction. I know Barcelona is also keen on him but hey owning Pizarro fully and between 10-12million will convince Roma to sell him to Inter. His replacement is already known, Juan from Leverkusen all tho they still looking at Mertesacker or Naldo both from Werder Bremen. Hopefully, with Chivu going away, this still means that Mexes will sign the contract he agreed too.

FrenchShin
06-06-2007, 01:45 PM
yea Mexès is now second salary of the team, Totti being number one.

Roman Deini
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Nope. That is still Montella. He earns next season somewhere around the 5 million, 5.5 to be exact. Got a list somewhere who earns what at Roma. Mexes gonna earn 2.5 plus performance incentives. Panucci earns 3.9

The Hound
06-06-2007, 01:52 PM
rumennigge said basically bayern won't spend anything above $5m for klose because they can just sign him for free next year ... makaay will probably see out his final year, leave then bayern will sign up klose because obviously bremen will want to make cash out of him so they will have a high ask, but maybe cos its his last year theyll make it around 7/8million ... i still think bayern are one quality midfielder short which would of been deisler had he not retired we are gonna miss him big time next season

theyre looking at a bosnian "wonder kid" Arminho (has to be brazilian with bosnian citizenship??)

whitey
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
look at becks tearing it up.

The Hound
06-06-2007, 08:10 PM
look at becks tearing it up.

look for him to try do the same with his LA Galaxy contract too

croatia fucked up with a 0-0 draw with russia

germany put one foot in the door of euro 2008, good shit, 2-1 over slovakia |)

whitey
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
hmm stick around in europe and play at a high level for 1 maybe 2 years before a dip in form any player will experience at that age and then try and make the move to the mls for considerable less money or stay with his current contract and make 250 million dollars.

but i hear what your saying, im sure he is second guessing himself a bit, but i doubt there is really anythign he can do now. there is no way the galaxy would let him out of his contract.

chiba
06-06-2007, 11:22 PM
http://i.eurosport.com/2006/11/07/318274-1530772-458-238.jpg

my hero... thanks for everything he did with Madrid.

man the midgit with the cannons on his feet is a true brazilian legend
he only got jacked for his watch in the slums of brazil lol

the only guy i see that has the same style is cicinho

i heard dunga got ze roberto back on the squad
i hope he gets cicinho

The Hound
06-07-2007, 02:57 AM
hmm stick around in europe and play at a high level for 1 maybe 2 years before a dip in form any player will experience at that age and then try and make the move to the mls for considerable less money or stay with his current contract and make 250 million dollars.

but i hear what your saying, im sure he is second guessing himself a bit, but i doubt there is really anythign he can do now. there is no way the galaxy would let him out of his contract.

he wants to play regularly for england again, la galaxy don't wanna be releasing because of distance the money/attraction ... i don't think beckham was counting on being called up by mclaren because say england do want to keep em la galaxy is going to have to loan him out henrik larsson style at the end of the MLS which is what, november? half way through the european season, and if he is selected for euro 2008 are the galaxy going to release him for that? if he was so determined to get back to playing for england then he would of taken an offer in the premier and weighed up all those options, he took the money -like we all would- but is now realising playing for your country money can't buy ... he'll still go, just a newspaper article i read

and just for you frenchshin

W5XpXU8TBoo

ive got a goal of his on my computer youtube wont let me upload, a free kick against barcelona, absolutely fucking insane the distance he kicked it from, i think it was from about 2001, when barca had the half red half blue and black sleves shirt, looks like ruud hesp is the goal keeper, sick goal

FrenchShin
06-07-2007, 06:27 AM
yea, Barthez looked knocked out. lol

i don't know if Real will keep Cicinho. he was injuried, and Capello didn't like him. anyway, Capello didn't like Beckham either.
now, Roberto Carlos will be replaced by Marcelo. it could be good to see both Cicinho and Marcelo playing.

The Hound
06-07-2007, 06:46 AM
klose will join bayern in 2008 on a free transfer ... he says he wants to fullfill his contract with bremen ... bit premature to be talking about signing with a club a year in advance ... makaay will definately not get a contract extension and will most likely leave when klose comes ...

whitey
06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
word is the Galaxy want to sign Figo to pair up with Beckhman. I dont watch a whole lot of MLS even though I live here, but I would definalty be more inclined to watch with those two on the pitch. I dont mind watching redbull games now just to see how Anghel is doing now a days (which is not bad, something like 6 goals and a couple of assists in like 4 or 5 games.

This is what mls needs if they want to grow the league, just make it more quality.

And I know Figo said its Inter or nothing, but like ive said before, Until it really is inter or nothing, the door is always open.

FrenchShin
06-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Figo already signed with an Emirati club.

whitey
06-07-2007, 03:26 PM
if it was the one from saudi arabia he had that contract torn up.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Figo is a freakin' legend....he should go to Galaxy to get his last big pot of gold

chiba
06-07-2007, 07:43 PM
^ true figo and becks = some serious crosses and plays
what happened to davids??
isnt he gonna go on the redbull team??

Frontal Lobotomy
06-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Davids went back to Ajax. I can't see him going to MLS now. I really can't see Becks launching the sport like so many believe he will either. The standard of football is still gonna be crappy, and the players from europe going there are going for the payday. If players of immense quality like Pele and Best couldn't kickstart it, I don't have that much faith.
I wonder what odds I'd get on Becks being made captain of that Galaxy side, when he's as bad a captain as I've ever seen.

The Hound
06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
isnt abel xavier going to the redbull team?

all these players only go to mls to make easy money ... every single big name european player whos 5 years past his use by date is supposed to be the saviour of the MLS ... haha i still remember when matthäus went to the metrostars and he was gonna "kick start the popularity" and look how he ended up -if he hadnt of been a pratt he would of had a champions league winners medal- ... when the likes of beckham, figo, matthäus etc ... start going to the mls in their prime, then the sport will take off, the novelty factor wears off after a few games ...

Frontal Lobotomy
06-07-2007, 09:13 PM
^ I think Xavier is at LA Galaxy as well. What more has been said about this new rule they wanna propose in MLS saying each team can only have one 'star' player and they were gonna call it the Beckham rule or some crap? Sounds a bit off.

whitey
06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
they all get 1 designated player. but teams can trade their designated player to richer clubs for whatever. the league with pele and best and all of them failed because they didnt have tv rights. you cant have a successfull professional league and not have it on tv. the cosmos were getting 70,000 a game at the time pele when those guys were there. but big moneys in the tv rights, its the same thing the big and little clubs fight over in europe.

The Hound
06-08-2007, 06:41 AM
looks like henry seems to be on his way to ac milan

Premiership - Henry nears Arsenal exit after Milan link

Fri, 08 Jun 07:49:00 2007

Premiership - Thierry Henry has moved a step closer to leaving Arsenal after describing news of Milan's interest in him as "great to hear".
http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20070608/06/3926238739.jpg
It will increase fears among Gunners fans that the club is on the brink of disintegrating, with manager Arsene Wenger and midfielder Cesc Fabregas also believed to be considering their futures.
The Frenchman's season has been disrupted by injury, and he has often cut a disconsolate figure with the Gunners finishing just fourth in the Premiership. He was also upset by the resignation of vice-chairman David Dein.
On Milan's reported interest, he said: "That is great to hear. How can it be anything else?"

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/08062007/58/premiership-henry-nears-arsenal-exit-milan-link.html

whitey
06-08-2007, 11:53 AM
that would be the second best news i could hear all summer. the first would be to get eto'o. i rate henry better as a forward, but i think some of his advantage would be canceled out back in seria A because its a more slowed down game. i would rather have eto'o though just because he is younger. but if we can win the champions league with inzaghi (i love him (no homo) but hes getting up there and all he does is poach), and gilardino, and olivera, imagine next year with ronaldo and either eto'o or henry in front of kaka and pirlo. scary for everyone but milan fans.

The Hound
06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
consider gilardino goneskies, also, if eto'o and henry don't end up in milan -since eto'o has publicy said he wants to stay- adriano might cross town in return for gilardino ... almost choked on my sandwich when i read that

whitey
06-08-2007, 03:07 PM
yea i heard that too. that would be sick as well. adriano is still nasty, he just needs to mature and stop fucking around. gila looks like he forgot how to score. and thats a lot more of a problem than poor training habbits i think.

chiba
06-08-2007, 10:33 PM
consider gilardino goneskies, also, if eto'o and henry don't end up in milan -since eto'o has publicy said he wants to stay- adriano might cross town in return for gilardino ... almost choked on my sandwich when i read that

Milan is gonna fack up ppl next season
hopefully they dont turn into a underacheiving real madrid

peace

The Hound
06-09-2007, 11:51 AM
looks like the kovac brothers are heading back to croatia ... robert is to join dinamo zagreb and nico possibly hajduk split

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-09-2007, 03:49 PM
yea.. haha zaragoza 1-0 real madrid atm...

HANZO
06-09-2007, 05:31 PM
cant believe madrid, barca and sevilla all drawed tonight.

chiba
06-09-2007, 09:06 PM
ze roberto has offers from Germany's Bayern Munich
and Italy's AC Milan and AS Roma.

The Hound
06-09-2007, 10:55 PM
ze roberto said a few weeks back he wants to come back to bayern ... ze, go directly to serie a, dont come back

whitey
06-09-2007, 11:22 PM
sets up nice for the last week for the season in la liga.

messi is doing everything he can to be maradona, anyone see that handball goal?

The Hound
06-09-2007, 11:28 PM
sure didn't, fucking, the real madrid game was on instead, might hit up youtube now, barca sure blew their chance for the title

chiba
06-09-2007, 11:48 PM
ze roberto said a few weeks back he wants to come back to bayern ... ze, go directly to serie a, dont come back

he played well in bayern, they could use a veteran like him

The Hound
06-09-2007, 11:58 PM
fuck it, how can i hate on ze roberto, he will provide us with a sick midfield

----------kahn----------
sagnol, van buyten, lucio, lahm
--------van bommel----------
ribery---------------ze roberto
--------schweinsteiger--------
--------toni, makaay----------

still, one more midfielder for depth would be handy

The Hound
06-10-2007, 04:22 AM
as for boulharouz ...

Boulahrouz a red herring

Santos’s misfortune could be Bayern’s gain, as Hoeneß said Zé was now due in Munich “next week or the week after” for talks. Meanwhile, the general manager put an end to rumours linking Chelsea’s former Hamburg defender Khalid Boulahrouz with a switch to Bavaria. “We never got involved and we never made an offer,” Hoeneß stated.

good. don't need him, got accomplished defenders as it is, 7 of 8 signings, one more midfielder is all that's required

The Hound
06-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Serie A - Figo stays at Inter

Sun, 10 Jun 21:28:00 2007

Serie A - Lusid Figo is to sign a one-year extension to his contract at Internazionale.
http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20070610/20/2998891118.jpg
The former Portugal winner and 2001 World Player of the Year was set to quit the European game for Saudi Arabian side Al Ittihad but broke his pre-contract agreement and was subsequently linked with moves to the Premiership and MLS.
But Figo, who aged 34 helped Inter win the Serie A title, has opted to stay with the Milan-based club, where he will also take an ambassadorial role after he retires next season.
Both Tottenham and LA Galaxy had been linked with the ex-Real Madrid and Barcelona star

HANZO
06-10-2007, 05:48 PM

----------kahn----------

that bayern team looks good actually, i would replace makaay with probably a smaller forward who can run between defenders and link up well with toni. bayern also signed hamit altintop as well, he a good versatile player he played midfeild for schalke but for turkey we play him as a right back. so he should be useful for bayern as well.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I dunno about Kahn starting for Bayern next season. Rummenigge gave him shit in the press for beng a poor captain apparently, and that Rensing lad looks pretty good.
That team does look pretty slick though. Has the talk of Lucio leaving for La Liga or Serie A gone down of late?

HANZO
06-10-2007, 07:28 PM
i think the talk would go done about lucio leaving cause bayern are looking good it would be stupid for him to leave them now. a good bayern means a more entertaining champs league, instead of having premiership vs la liga + milan we can add bayern to it as well.

chiba
06-10-2007, 07:42 PM

----------kahn----------

:yes:
looks like a promising lineup
yeah they should cop another midfield player

whats the bench look like

oh shiet i just noticed
your grey tonearm CONGRATS ^O^

Frontal Lobotomy
06-10-2007, 08:22 PM
i think the talk would go done about lucio leaving cause bayern are looking good it would be stupid for him to leave them now. a good bayern means a more entertaining champs league, instead of having premiership vs la liga + milan we can add bayern to it as well.

They didn't qualify for the Champions League as they finished 4th. Which seemed a bit odd to me seeing as Ribery joined and he always talked about leaving Marseille for a Champions League team. I dunno if he understands irony or anything, seeing as Marseille qualified and all.

The Hound
06-11-2007, 01:57 AM
that bayern team looks good actually, i would replace makaay with probably a smaller forward who can run between defenders and link up well with toni. bayern also signed hamit altintop as well, he a good versatile player he played midfeild for schalke but for turkey we play him as a right back. so he should be useful for bayern as well.
altintop would probably start off the bench for the first few games, with ribery being the big named signing and others being more accomplished starters, buth hitzfeld has this rotation policy so he will be a regular ... as a right back? nah, willy sagnol is the man, and there's even talk of shifting sagnol further up field to accomodate jansen on the left and lahm on the right, but who knows, hitzfeld is full of surprises

I dunno about Kahn starting for Bayern next season. Rummenigge gave him shit in the press for beng a poor captain apparently, and that Rensing lad looks pretty good.
That team does look pretty slick though. Has the talk of Lucio leaving for La Liga or Serie A gone down of late?

you are right, rensing is very promising and i got no doubt once he becomes a regular he will knock hildebrand out of the german #1 -since by then lehmann will be gone- and yeh rummenigge told kahn to knuckle down, but he was right, kahn does have that arrogance about him -which is why he is so good- but no one is bigger than the team, but i can't see it developing further into a full out squabble - though he is a sulker so i'm not convinced either way ... as for lucio, i haven't herd too much other than the usual rumours clubd would like to sign him, they dismissed boulharouz so i doubt they will let him go - i hope they dont

:yes:
looks like a promising lineup
yeah they should cop another midfield player

whats the bench look like

oh shiet i just noticed
your grey tonearm CONGRATS ^O^

haha cheers, my veteran status has been rewarded hehe ...

the bench, thats where it's thin which is why we need another midfielder, if my starting line up is right, the bench will follow:

rensing; jansen, ismael; demichellis, ottl, altintop; podolski

so we pretty thin as most other players are basically coming through the youth system

as for ribery, i think he has a narrow view of the bundesliga, iget the feeling he thinks the bundesliga will be a walk over ... he said his reasoning was when a big club like bayern come calling, you dont turn it down, and he said he was better chance of winning in europe than with marseille and that bayern should win the bundesliga

nice long message for ya'll to digest haha :tease:

whitey
06-11-2007, 02:59 PM
juve signed Iaquinta for 10 mil. Also trezisgay said he is doing playing for juve with lyon and valencia the possiblities.

I dont know why a bigger club than those two arent trying to sign him though, I think hes better than any forward liverpool have. Could also be a good replacement for henry if he leaves at arsenal, and he would be no.2 behind eto'o at barca, that is if eto'o stays. hes only 29.

The Hound
06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
miroslav klose seems to be a lyon target if trezeguet doesnt go ... im also surprised the big boys arent sniffing around for him ... i doubt barca will keep eto'o if henry joins, giuly seems to be a target to replace ribery at marseille ... why in the hell is jimmy floyd hasselbaink wanting to go to levski sofia? thats got me stunned

Frontal Lobotomy
06-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Eto'o is staying, as is Henry. The latter is linked with a move away every summer, so I'll believe it when I see it. Apparently when Stan Kroenke buys the club the first thing he'll do is bring Dein back as chief executive, which will help in securing Wenger long term, and those 2 guys are the key to Henry staying.
Barcelona will go for Diego Forlan instead, as that'll help balance the books with Yaya Toure seemingly coming in. Edmilson is apparently leaving, and I've always had the feeling that Marquez will join Milan, no idea why. With Giuly leaving, they may consider bringing in someone else although I expect more will be seen of Dos Santos next season.

4-Bar Killer
06-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Fuck, Galatasaray has bought our captain, swedish international Tobias Linderoth for about 5 million.. what now?

chiba
06-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Fenerbahçe S.K. are starting tp get some serious players
and zico is a good coach!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenerbah%C3%A7e_S.K.)

whitey
06-13-2007, 09:53 PM
inter bought suazo for 10 mil from calgiari. good buy, hes a good player. inter still wants tevez too. recobba is definatly leaving, cruz probably will, and if they get tevez adriano is definatly on the way out.

as of now its....ibrahamavic, crespo, adriano, suazo, recobba, cruz...and they want tevez.

HANZO
06-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Fuck, Galatasaray has bought our captain, swedish international Tobias Linderoth for about 5 million.. what now?

5million no way cause galatasaray are bankrupt they have around 200million dollars of debt. theres some funny business going on here:mmmyah:

Fenerbahçe S.K. are starting tp get some serious players
and zico is a good coach!!

roberto carlos aint gonna save fenerbahce cause they just lost there best player tuncay to middlesborough. zico made a lot of mistakes this season the only reason why they came away with the title is because of the crap football thats played week in week out.

The Hound
06-14-2007, 12:10 AM
reports are that saviola will be going to real madrid

chiba
06-14-2007, 12:22 AM
anybody watching the gold cup
i managed to get some games here in japan?

cant wait for the copa america
anybody watching that??

The Hound
06-14-2007, 02:22 AM
fenerbahce might be signing australian player nicky carle, none of you would know him but he's a good prospect, hes got pace and went alright against uruguay the other night, he won't see any first team action though

whitey
06-14-2007, 06:58 AM
ive watched a little of the gold cup. compition is weak. im waiting for copa america. i thought i saw a commercial that said they were letting mexico and the US play in it. i want to see how they do against the big boys instead of the minos in the gold cup.

chiba
06-14-2007, 10:00 AM
ive watched a little of the gold cup. compition is weak. im waiting for copa america. i thought i saw a commercial that said they were letting mexico and the US play in it. i want to see how they do against the big boys instead of the minos in the gold cup.

USA is dominating in this years gold cup, i think its coz they got all their star players
mexico seems to be struggling since they dont have all their players and canada is doin ok

i dont know how usa and mexico are gonna go to the copa america
they will be tired

im rooting for brazil but i think argentina is gonna take the copa america
argentinas squad looks dangerous

HANZO
06-14-2007, 12:24 PM
the gold cup is too weak really theres no point of it, they should just put the big teams from the gold cup in the copa america.

i think argentina will take the copa they need to redeem themselves after the world cup which they should have won.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-14-2007, 01:10 PM
the gold cup is too weak really theres no point of it, they should just put the big teams from the gold cup in the copa america.

i think argentina will take the copa they need to redeem themselves after the world cup which they should have won.

yup, the Argies were the best in Germany..!

whitey
06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
found this interesting....

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant made a surprise visit to watch FC Barcelona in training Thursday before the team's final game this weekend.

Bryant, who lived in Europe for eight years and is an avid soccer fan, watched quietly from the sidelines and hugged Barcelona striker Ronaldinho after the training session.

"I came to enjoy my favorite football team," Bryant said after security guards let him into the Nou Camp stadium. "It is a privilege to be able to watch Barca train."
The vacationing Bryant said coach Frank Rijkaard was his favorite player, a midfielder with a lot of "class."

and the US and mexico are in the copa america, just checked. US is in argies group and play them first, june 28th, probably doing the gold cup to get a warm up in...they are gonna need it.

whitey
06-14-2007, 09:56 PM
http://www.soccer.com/Images/Catalog/ProductImages/600/697777.YL.JPG

new chelsea away kit. they want to play in the dark a lot this year.

The Hound
06-14-2007, 10:18 PM
yup, the Argies were the best in Germany..!

you're kidding right?

whitey
06-15-2007, 03:34 PM
that honor would belong to the Italians. yeaaaa boiiiiiii

HANZO
06-15-2007, 05:51 PM
wat da fuk is up with glow in the dark shirts anyway.

i hear berlusconi says sheva is returning to milan could it be true. do milan really need him???

whitey
06-15-2007, 10:44 PM
idk id take him. reports popping up they want to bid 100 mil euro for ronnie again. they better land one of eto'o, ronnie, henry, or drogba, or i shall be dissapointed.

The Hound
06-16-2007, 01:56 PM
chelski partaking in dodgy transfers, oh my, i never would of seen that coming

FrenchShin
06-16-2007, 06:29 PM
inter bought suazo for 10 mil from calgiari. good buy, hes a good player. inter still wants tevez too. recobba is definatly leaving, cruz probably will, and if they get tevez adriano is definatly on the way out.

as of now its....ibrahamavic, crespo, adriano, suazo, recobba, cruz...and they want tevez.

Recoba is at Atletico Madrid.

HANZO
06-16-2007, 07:49 PM
fenerbahce might be signing australian player nicky carle, none of you would know him but he's a good prospect, hes got pace and went alright against uruguay the other night, he won't see any first team action though

he didnt sign for fenerbahce but for a turkish mid table team genclerbirligi. which is good for him cause he will see a lot of first team action plus his gone to a club which is renowned for playing youngsters. they say he will be a good prospect we will see how he does.

whitey
06-16-2007, 08:58 PM
real possi want to give inter 50 mil for ibra.

The Hound
06-17-2007, 03:38 AM
he didnt sign for fenerbahce but for a turkish mid table team genclerbirligi. which is good for him cause he will see a lot of first team action plus his gone to a club which is renowned for playing youngsters. they say he will be a good prospect we will see how he does.
ahh, yeah i read that this morning, all the reports i read said fener were after him, aslong as this club plays him, he is a good prospect, i think our josip skoko played at this club before

whitey
06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
fucking gay, got our roof redone friday and it fucked the satilite up and i cant watch the real game. following it online though, down 1-0, now up 3-1. barca up 4-1. but looks like real are taking the title, dont really care for them but i was pulling for them over barca.

HANZO
06-17-2007, 05:21 PM
ahh, yeah i read that this morning, all the reports i read said fener were after him, aslong as this club plays him, he is a good prospect, i think our josip skoko played at this club before

yeah his gonna get good playing time. it is the same team skoko played for.

real are champs capello just wins championships with every team. barca were unlucky but they should have won last week.

FrenchShin
06-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Real champion... wow, i'm glad. especially for Roberto Carlos, dude is my hero.

ronaldo6
06-17-2007, 08:36 PM
ye im glad too,great comeback

The Hound
06-17-2007, 08:38 PM
barca fucked up, how can they lose a 5 point lead, they blew it last week, for all their money splashing real finally win something

chiba
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
yeah barca really facked up
props to real madrid!!! finally a title!!!

Moctezuma
06-17-2007, 09:21 PM

mexico is only disapointment
they have great players but they need great coach
mexican championship is good, maybe better than brazilian one for example, but they lack of confidence and good selection coach

for brazil, dunga is so weak... they need also a better coach, but presently, good brazilian coach is not something easy to find...

expecting chili because they have great generation, valdivia, sauzo, gonzalez,... but lately, they were desapointing too...

chiba
06-19-2007, 12:05 AM
for brazil, dunga is so weak... they need also a better coach, but presently, good brazilian coach is not something easy to find...

how is dunga soft?? hes pretty stricked on his players
he has a good record with brazil thus far
its too early to say...but i think he will turn out like zico

IMO the best brazilian coach is Big Phil Scolari
Zagallo and Parreira seem to have fallen off somehow

whitey
06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
siiiikc, milan pipped suazo from inter. they got him last minute before inter signed him. means they wont get eto'o or henry, but thats better i htink, they save an assload of money and still get a good player. him and ronaldo up top is suffiecent.

The Hound
06-19-2007, 04:03 PM
barca say eto'o and ronnie not for sale either

Frontal Lobotomy
06-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Inter claim Suazo had literally signed with them. I dunno who to believe, either way a side will gain a good striker.
I'd rather he signed for Inter, as that would open the possibility of either Adriano or Ibrahimovic being available. As much as I've been impressed with what I've seen of Quagliarella, I'd rather see £10m+ go in the direction of either of the Inter lads, namely Adriano.

chiba
06-20-2007, 12:08 AM
barca say eto'o and ronnie not for sale either

:mmmyah:
who knows tho!! barca coul say no but if nuff $$ is put on the table ronnie and eto'o will say "peace out"

The Hound
06-20-2007, 01:12 AM
doesnt matter what ronnie and eto'o say, president doesn't want them leaving, think about it, barca just lost la liga, are they gonna sell their two most important players now?? no chance

chiba
06-21-2007, 01:06 AM
^ i hope not coz barca is my team
if dem guys leave that would be the downfall of barca

The Hound
06-21-2007, 03:19 AM
i wouldn't worry, the president doesn't want them to

if they sell both of them for huge money, who do they buy to replace? kaka, not for sale, henry? just one player

The Hound
06-21-2007, 08:17 AM
david pizarro > roma
chivu > inter
granqvist > wigan
robert kovac >dortmund
derlei > sporting lisbon
metzelder > real madrid (these motherfuckers will ruin him)
iaquinta > juventus

just a mild update on transfers

Krimewave
06-21-2007, 09:19 AM

word, I hear that...

FrenchShin
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM
well, maybe, and maybe he'll end up winning a title anyway...

whitey
06-21-2007, 12:11 PM
tiago to juve for about 15 mil

FrenchShin
06-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Lyon is torn apart... from outside, and inside too.

Roman Deini
06-21-2007, 01:20 PM
chivu > inter

Not true at all. That was assumed by everyone when Roma was negotiating with Inter about Pizarro. Chivu was never brought up during those meetings. Roma even released a statement on their official website saying there is no deal between Roma and Inter for Chivu. Fact is also that he doesn't want to play for them. It's either Barcelona or he'll stay at Roma.

chiba
06-21-2007, 08:02 PM
david pizarro > roma
chivu > inter
granqvist > wigan
robert kovac >dortmund
derlei > sporting lisbon
iaquinta > juventus

:beer:

HANZO
06-21-2007, 08:04 PM
im surprised not a lot of teams are going after riquelme.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-21-2007, 08:17 PM
A lot of Evertonians have been talking about an attempt to sign Riquelme on loan, though I highly doubt this happening seeing as he said he didn't wanna join Man Utd last summer as it'd mean moving his family to England when they're settledi n Spain. I'm glad he didn't join, he's not the kind of player that covers a great deal of ground. He'd be best off returning to Villarreal and sorting his attitude out, they'll have a sweet team next season.

HANZO
06-21-2007, 08:24 PM
true, villareal at the beginning of this season looked very good but they were just unlucky with all the injuries. i think its best for riquelme to return to villareal.

whitey
06-21-2007, 09:29 PM
riquelme is a big time player he needs to go to a big time club where ever he goes. he is bigger than villareal that is for sure.

roma signed juan from leverkusen. not a bad buy. might be to replace chivu though.

The Hound
06-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Not true at all. That was assumed by everyone when Roma was negotiating with Inter about Pizarro. Chivu was never brought up during those meetings. Roma even released a statement on their official website saying there is no deal between Roma and Inter for Chivu. Fact is also that he doesn't want to play for them. It's either Barcelona or he'll stay at Roma.

we'll see

ribery said he would only leave marseille for a team playing in champions league, look where he is

chiba
06-22-2007, 12:20 AM
^ roma is starting to step up
they should pick up riquelme
lol

chiba
06-22-2007, 01:27 AM
argentina squad for copa america is ridiculous
they are the best team on paper

Goalkeepers: 1-Roberto Abbondanzieri (Getafe/Spain (http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/data/spain.html)), 12-Juan Pablo Carrizo (River Plate/Argentina), 22-Agustin Orion (San Lorenzo/ARG).

Defenders: 8-Javier Zanetti (Inter/Italy (http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/data/Italy.html)), 2-Roberto Ayala (Valencia/Spain), 4-Hugo Ibarra (Boca Juniors/ARG), 3-Daniel Diaz (Boca Juniors/ARG), 15-Gabriel Milito (Zaragoza/Spain), 6-Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United/England) 17-Nicolas Burdisso (Inter/Italy).

Midfielders: 13-Luis Gonzalez (Porto/Portugal (http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/data/portugal.html)), 14-Javier Mascherano (Liverpool/England), 5-Fernando Gago (Real Madrid/Spain), Esteban Cambiasso (Inter/Italy), 20-Juan Sebastian (Estudiantes de La Plata/ARG), 10-Juan Roman Riquelme (Boca Juniors/ARG), 16-Pablo Aimar (Zaragoza/Spain).

Strikers: 9-Hernan Crespo (Inter/Italy), 18-Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Spain), 21-Diego Milito (Zaragoza/Spain), 7-Rodrigo Palacio (Boca Juniors/ARG), 11-Carlos Tevez (West Ham/England)

The Hound
06-22-2007, 02:02 AM
fuck me, look at that squad ... some how the argies will fuck it up in the copa, spewin there is no coverage of the copa here other than the final

ronaldo6
06-22-2007, 04:35 AM
damn didnt know they had that good of a squad.its a better squad then brazils.

Roman Deini
06-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Barca officials are seen in Roma today for talks about Chivu.

FrenchShin
06-22-2007, 06:29 AM
riquelme is too difficult to handle. really.

and ribéry is just so influenced by his agents, even if he recently changed. that's what got him at Galatasaray with this funky contract. he's a money machine for his agents.

Roman Deini
06-22-2007, 07:05 AM
riquelme can stay at boca i read. but yeah he is difficult to handle. maradona also said that napoli should get him.

Roman Deini
06-22-2007, 07:32 AM
What the... Lincoln going from Schalke to Galatasaray. Thought they were in financial trouble or something as someone said here on this board.

The Hound
06-22-2007, 07:52 AM
fenerbahce have the finance problems ^^

Frontal Lobotomy
06-22-2007, 08:07 AM
All Turkish sides have financial troubles, in all fairness, the money isn't in that league so it makes sense for them to all have torubles of sorts.
Zé Roberto has re-joined Bayern as well, a good signing for them.

FrenchShin
06-22-2007, 10:05 AM
well, Barça's been in financial troubles since the beginning of times, and they still consider buying top-class players... nothing surprises me anymore on this side...

Chelsea is a financial disaster, but Roman keeps pouring money year after year... though it seems to be going slower this year...

FrenchShin
06-22-2007, 10:07 AM
by the way, Marseille's buying Osasuna's Valdo, who i've been following for a few years now. he's a good player, trained at Real Madrid, was supposed to be Figo's replacement, but Perez's politics earned him to be rejected.

FrenchShin
06-22-2007, 10:08 AM
nobody mentionned Juan going to Roma ?

and Giuly's free by the way. Barça need some room on the bench.

Roman Deini
06-22-2007, 10:14 AM
FrenchShin actually since Laporta became president Barca's financials are okay again. Nunez and Gaspart all fucked things up. Not to mention that Real also are/were in financial troubles but you forget that right ;). Sometimes I wonder how they got money to land all those galacticos.

FrenchShin
06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
the financial results for Real just dropped today. it's positive for 40 million euros before taxes, and the expected budget for next year is up to 400 million euros. (they'll have Bwin as a shirt sponsor by the way... just like AC Milan).

Perez got the balance right, by selling the old training centre for more than 1 billion euros, and i agree it was a very generous price but hey, which football club isn't financially overrated ?

obviously, standards of financial health are not the same in football and in other business areas.

Roman Deini
06-22-2007, 10:24 AM
yeah they sold the training ground to the city of madrid and bought it back from them for 1euro. I know about the sponsor they pay 20million a year if I'm not mistaken. Think the budget you posted is also expected for Barca or atleast somewhere in that region.

Be honest what you think of Madrid canning Capello after one season and getting a new coach again? Finally a coach gets them right back on track delivered them a trophy and now he can go away again. To me I say let Capello sit out his contract before making new changes.

Roman Deini
06-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Haha, Tom Cruise wants to buy Los Angeles Galaxy. I heard it all now.

FrenchShin
06-22-2007, 10:37 AM
well, i don't understand shit when it comes to management seen from outside. if you observe, Deschamps won the Serie B and left, Papin got Strasbourg from L2 to L1 and left, Houillier won L1 and left, Capello will probably leave, though it's not official... pfff... what kind of world is that.

and i mentionned these coaches because they're not leaving for better offers. they just left without any offer ! anyway, you can't have a better offer than Capello's. he's paid 4 or 5 million euros a year, has a 16 million sacking-clause...

Schuster wouldn't be bad actually. he knows Madrid, knows Spain, thinks more about attacking than Capello does... but Capello is just like the Trap a few years back : a fucking winning machine.

so, i don't know... he could stay, he could leave. he may have troubles with Calderon and Mijatovic.... i think Capello would like to be a full manager in charge of the recruitment, but Mijatovic got that role. he's considering too many players though...

FrenchShin
06-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Haha, Tom Cruise wants to buy Los Angeles Galaxy. I heard it all now.

lol. he was at Beckham's last game for Real.

too bad Galaxy is owned by one of the richest man in the US. haha. and a real soccer fan too ! what does Cruise know about football except the one played by those steroids-built monsters ?

Frontal Lobotomy
06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Tom Cruise is a weirdo, put money on Victoria Beckham becomming a Scientologist.

Real Madrid are Real Madrid, only a club like that would sack their coach after winning a domestic title in their first season. At least Calderon has taken the hint with Ronaldo, and is sticking to attempting to unsettle Kaka and Robben. I don't like how these club presidents unsettle players by saying they'll buy them in their manifesto for election, UEFA should do more to stop that crap.
I think they'd be right to keep Capello in charge though, ther earen't many managers out there who're better and are willing to take that job. I think if he satayed he'd want to sell Raul, which may cost him his job either way.

FrenchShin
06-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Tom Cruise is a weirdo, put money on Victoria Beckham becomming a Scientologist.

i think it's done lol. and put money on Victoria in the next episode of Mission Impossible haha.

The Hound
06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
yeah they sold the training ground to the city of madrid and bought it back from them for 1euro. I know about the sponsor they pay 20million a year if I'm not mistaken. Think the budget you posted is also expected for Barca or atleast somewhere in that region.

Be honest what you think of Madrid canning Capello after one season and getting a new coach again? Finally a coach gets them right back on track delivered them a trophy and now he can go away again. To me I say let Capello sit out his contract before making new changes.

remember vicente del bosque, won champions league got sacked lol

Roman Deini
06-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Haha yeah shame tho. Only long-term managers that stays with their team are Wenger and Ferguson all tho the first can also leave with the departure of David Dein. Tom Cruise weirdo indeed haha.

Mijatovic is also on the seat to be sacked from his position. Shame tho Capello got a nice clause, fire me pay me my goddamn 16million. Gotta love that all those clauses. And Calderon should stop with the we will try to get Kaka etc. Also heard about the Kaka picture with the newspaper he is holding? Nice photoshopped by AS.

whitey
06-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Il Romanista’ have since revealed inside news from the meeting, claiming that an agreement has been reached which will see Barcelona offer Ludovic Giuly, Juliano Belletti and 12 million euros in exchange for Chivu.

goal.com

if that turns out to be true that is a sweet peice of business by roma.

whitey
06-22-2007, 03:24 PM
MADRID, Spain (AP) - Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has signed with FC Barcelona, Spanish news report said.

Barcelona will pay €24 million (US$32 million) for Henry, who signed a 4-year deal, Cadena Ser radio and the newspaper El Pais said.

foxsports.com

ocha botta walli its about that time.

HANZO
06-22-2007, 05:43 PM
All Turkish sides have financial troubles, in all fairness, the money isn't in that league so it makes sense for them to all have torubles of sorts.
Zé Roberto has re-joined Bayern as well, a good signing for them.

the turkish league money wise is the 6th largest in europe. Fenerbahce is one of the richest clubs in europe. the team with financial troubles is galatasaray, and they just signed lincoln. i have no idea where they are getting the money from, i mean they have over 200million debt. theres big money in turkish football due to tv revenue. with each of the big 3 having 15million fans each and the fact that every game is a sellout. they will make money. but galatasaray have had trouble with building a new stadium its taken them 6 years to get the planning right. this has put them into massive debt. fenerbahce and besiktas have handled the money well though and are moving up towards the wealth of the big european teams. all they need now is success on the pitch.

Henry to barca, im not surprised its the best move he could have made.

chiba
06-22-2007, 11:05 PM
i heard j.andrade is goin to barca
im tryin to find the resources

found this cool article from tsn.ca

MADRID, Spain (AP) - FC Barcelona plans to retain coach Frank Rijkaard next season, trusting the Dutchman to deal with squabbles involving star players Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o.
President Joan Laporta said Tuesday all three will be with the team next season and that the club will increase medical checks and monitoring of training routines after claims that Ronaldinho was overweight.
Barcelona was without a trophy after a season in which it was hit by stories that Ronaldinho was fat and Eto'o had criticized his teammates and Rijkaard.
Laporta said Barcelona would deal firmly with any future indiscipline or squabbling and would link medical services more closely with players' training routines.
"The club will not tolerate behaviour that falls below essential professional standards," Laporta said ahead of a directors' meeting.

The Barcelona president said he was looking to sign as many as six new players and that some would follow the out-of-contract Javier Saviola in leaving.
Barcelona was looking to recruit "a left winger, a central defender, one or two midfielders and one or two forwards," Laporta said.
Giovani dos Santos and Bojan Krkic should be promoted from Barcelona's youth squad to the first team for next season, he added.
---------------------------

cant beleive anada lost in the semis of the gold cup
that offside call was whack!!

whitey
06-22-2007, 11:40 PM
it looks like inter have now gotten suazo, what the fuck. with henry gone, eto'o not going anywhere (so they say) and suazo at inter who the fuck is milan bringing in.

Roman Deini
06-23-2007, 03:53 AM
Il Romanista’ have since revealed inside news from the meeting, claiming that an agreement has been reached which will see Barcelona offer Ludovic Giuly, Juliano Belletti and 12 million euros in exchange for Chivu.

goal.com

if that turns out to be true that is a sweet peice of business by roma.

They didn't translated it well. The offer is 12million plus either Belletti, Giuly or Sylvinho.

Damn Barca Eto'o and Hen ry upfront, Messi swerving around them. Ronaldinho will be sold to Milan now.

ronaldo6
06-23-2007, 05:30 AM
damn i hate barca but they have great strikers now with henry and messi together

FrenchShin
06-23-2007, 06:20 AM
i hate the guy who started the rumor that Bojan Krkic and Motta would be loaned to Toulouse...

HANZO
06-23-2007, 01:37 PM
if rijkaard can get things right with the balance up front then there really no stopping them. the amount of pace their front players have is just stupid, i mean eto' and messi was bad enough and now henry. i expect a lot of assists from ronaldihno this season. if he stays that is.

FrenchShin
06-23-2007, 01:51 PM
oops, valdo signed for Espanyol instead of Marseille. hahaha

chiba
06-23-2007, 06:30 PM
They didn't translated it well. The offer is 12million plus either Belletti, Giuly or Sylvinho.

Damn Barca Eto'o and Hen ry upfront, Messi swerving around them. Ronaldinho will be sold to Milan now.

i dont think ronnie will be traded
why give him up?? that would only make the squad even more dangerous

wheres olegur??

Frontal Lobotomy
06-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Oleguer will no doubt be sold if he's not on a free or something, with Chivu said to be joining I can't see him getting ahead of Puyol, Marquez or Thuram. Talk is they'll bid to bring back Pique if Zaragoza try to lure him from Man Utd as well. I hope ths doesn't happen though as he's a talented centre half

whitey
06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
ronnie, messi, eto'o, henry all have to play atleast 80% of barcas matchs in my opinion to be happy. you add deco in their plus, guily, ineista, xavi, edmilson, gudjonsen(who def is prob leaving), i think some people are going to have to go.

i think play those big four and deco are going to be sacrificing a little too much in the defensive mid. and henry or eto'o are not going to want to sit at all.

edit...plus yaya toure who they just signed.

The Hound
06-24-2007, 01:21 AM
giuly won't be staying

barca president already said ronaldinho, etoo and rijkaard r staying

gudjohnsen going

FrenchShin
06-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Edmilson is leaving.

chiba
06-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Nicolas Anelka, Carlos Tevez, Michael Owen, Samuel Eto'o and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar are among players mentioned as replacements for Henry

whitey
06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6958116_18_1.jpg (http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer#)

THIS JUST IN BECKHAM HAS SIGNED TO KICK FIELD GOALS FOR THE THE NEW ORLEANS STAINTS.... THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!

HANZO
06-25-2007, 09:23 PM
i think that would have been a better career move for beckham. all he does good is kick balls so why not just kick balls. screw all the running and jumping.

The Hound
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
miroslav klose > bayern, bremen finally agreed, medical pending

whitey
06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
i think that would have been a better career move for beckham. all he does good is kick balls so why not just kick balls. screw all the running and jumping.

word, its some new add campagne with him and the saints reggie bush where they trade their "football".

Roman Deini
06-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Technical director of Roma is in Barcelona. The one that handles all the financial things will be in Barcelona tomorrow. That means only thing Chivu will be a Barca player this week IF Barca offers a good amount of money. Probably around the 15million euros.

whitey
06-26-2007, 06:30 PM
bayren look serious. how do they buy all these players and milan buys NO ONE. what the fuck.

HANZO
06-26-2007, 06:55 PM
yea bayern are making all the big transfers this season, i think they mean business this season. after a dissapointing bundesliga i think they want to prove that they are germanys top team and one of the best in europe.

milan are just looking for players that will assist the team, theres no point for them to be splashing the cash around, they have a good team, i think milan should concentrate on bringin in some good youth players from either there youth teams or other places. they have the best player in the world and a very good supporting cast for now. i mean look at inter they make all these transfers and still it gets them nowhere.

ironmantis
06-27-2007, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't say winning them the Serie A championship as getting nowhere but I get your point. They waste their money way too much and should have won more by now with the amount they spent.

Obviously, they haven't bought wisely.

peace

The Hound
06-27-2007, 04:36 PM
roy makaay is leaving bayern, farewell roy, been a good serveant of ours

ronaldo6
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
they way beckham takes penaltys he should play american football

FrenchShin
06-27-2007, 09:31 PM
milan are just looking for players that will assist the team, theres no point for them to be splashing the cash around, they have a good team, i think milan should concentrate on bringin in some good youth players from either there youth teams or other places. they have the best player in the world and a very good supporting cast for now. i mean look at inter they make all these transfers and still it gets them nowhere.

milan are usually pretty good on transfers, except for a few players (mostly forwards) but they should worry about replacing Costacurta and Maldini...

chiba
06-27-2007, 11:31 PM
wow brazil loses to mexico 2-0
dunga is gonna get SHIIIIIET!!!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-28-2007, 05:12 AM
milan are usually pretty good on transfers, except for a few players (mostly forwards) but they should worry about replacing Costacurta and Maldini...

they don't need to worry...their youth team is in euro top3!!

FrenchShin
06-28-2007, 06:49 AM
they don't need to worry...their youth team is in euro top3!!

youth team ? Europe top 3 ? i didn't know there was a European championship for youth teams.

and youth teams mean so much... some countries are always good in youth categories, and don't do shit after...

The Hound
06-28-2007, 06:55 AM
i wonder who will step in to buy makaay, uli wants serious cash, he says we paid big for him so we have to get decent in return, this reminds me too much of the bullshit elber/makaay saga, would be good if makaay stayed though, especially since we're usually short on strikers, schlaudraff isn't up to it at this stage imo

The Hound
06-28-2007, 09:47 AM
lol, another madrid coach wins a trophy and gets sacked, whats this, 3rd or 4th time its happend in recent memory, whats doing in madrid?

FrenchShin
06-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Feyenoord is getting Makaay.

Madrid is Madrid, ran by a bunch of morons who are too happy to show off their power. give the club back to the socios... well, they elected him and Mijatovic... vicious circle.
but as i said, a winning coach who leaves, that just happened in France, Italy, Spain... maybe in England, hell i don't know, this football world don't make any sense.

FrenchShin
06-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Abidal to Barça.
Jon Jonsson to Toulouse.

The Hound
06-28-2007, 03:01 PM
anyword on how much makaay will cost ? i havent see anything yet

HANZO
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM
i dnt understand madrid, just for this i hope they dnt win the title for another 20 years. they dnt deserve to who would sack a guy like capello. does real madrid expect to win 5 cups a year or something. so sad to see big clubs run by idiots. they are killing football.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-28-2007, 03:10 PM
youth team ? Europe top 3 ? i didn't know there was a European championship for youth teams.

and youth teams mean so much... some countries are always good in youth categories, and don't do shit after...

I'm talking about the youth team of Milan, not of a country :)

you will see, but its true that half of players will get transfered somewhere else

whitey
06-28-2007, 03:10 PM
madrid are sacking capello because the football is not pretty enough for them.

he coachs a more defensive style, effective, but just not what madrid fans, and in turn board, want to see.

whitey
06-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm talking about the youth team of Milan, not of a country :)

you will see, but its true that half of players will get transfered somewhere else

word. as of late milan have a knack for getting players either, cheap, young, or older that people didnt think were good/over the hill and yet always winning.

not spending out the anus like inter, with inter winning a grain of salt compaired to milans trophy haul.

The Hound
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
chris coleman to manage real sociedad next season

whitey
06-28-2007, 06:59 PM
This is without a doubt the second blockbuster transfer move of the summer; the Albiceleste wizard (requilme) moves to Atlético Madrid along with former “Pichchi” Diego Forlán. According to Marca and As, the two players will move over to the Colchoneros for an estimated €30 million

goal.com

thats big.

FrenchShin
06-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Atletico always make big moves, but are the worse managed club in Spain... such a waste of talent and money, just because of the president's ego.

last time i heard, Torres is supposedly worth 45 million according to Atletico's president... let's cut the crap, he ain't the best forward in the world. truth is they can't sell him coz he's been a little overrated since he started.
they have Aguerro, Luccin, they bought Recoba, now maybe Riquelme and Forlan. well, good luck to the coach, that's gonna be an unmanageable team...

The Hound
06-28-2007, 09:36 PM
colombia got spanked by paraguay 5-0

ronaldo6
06-28-2007, 10:52 PM
and argentina spanked usa
4-1

Moctezuma
06-28-2007, 11:02 PM
they have Aguerro, Luccin, they bought Recoba, now maybe Riquelme and Forlan. well, good luck to the coach, that's gonna be an unmanageable team...

they have one of the best coach presently, after a disapointing year, the next one will be the good one

speaking abou copa america, dunga is so weak... but hugo sanchez too
this game was a little boring
but just confirmed a new talent: nery castillo (olympiakos). This one can have a huge career...

chiba
06-29-2007, 02:35 AM
they have one of the best coach presently, after a disapointing year, the next one will be the good one

speaking abou copa america, dunga is so weak... but hugo sanchez too
this game was a little boring
but just confirmed a new talent: nery castillo (olympiakos). This one can have a huge career...

for 1 minute
i thought usa were gonna upset argentina coz they were tied 1 - 1 for the longest time
messi was dangerous!!
i think argentina is winning this tournament hands down

yes dunga isnt the best of coaches...i dont know why they chose him to be the coach...and his player selection isnt all that impressive

hopefully brazil gets felipe scolari back as coach once hes done with portugal next year
then brazil will be playing better

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-29-2007, 04:42 AM
argies are going to win

finally! :)

FrenchShin
06-29-2007, 12:12 PM
some of the best upcoming players are to be spotted here : http://fifa.com/u20worldcup/news/newsid=540108.html#three+canada

Moctezuma
06-30-2007, 06:29 AM
some of the best upcoming players are to be spotted here : http://fifa.com/u20worldcup/news/newsid=540108.html#three+canada

willian is going to shine

Frontal Lobotomy
06-30-2007, 07:00 AM
Should be an interesting tournament, I was thinking of slapping a bit of money on Mexico winning it, as well as the Copa America.

FrenchShin
06-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Meghni moving to Lazio. hope for him they got rid of their racist fans...

HANZO
06-30-2007, 09:28 AM
my team besiktas sign edouard cisse from psg. he will probably flop and leave in a couple months. hopefully not, we got a good young team a young manager, if he can get used to our mad fans, 500 greeted him when he got off the plane and mobed him. then he will be fine.