PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

FrenchShin
06-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Cissé's a weird player. sometimes really hard-working, sometimes lazy. he did a very good season at Monaco hen they reached the CL final, but he was kinda lame during the final.
he's very technical. i'd say he's a good player, dunno how he'll be in the turkish league though.

my bad, Recoba didn't sign at Atletico, seems like he's going to Al-Saad, for a 5 million euros salary per year.

FrenchShin
06-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Liverpool is building a "Captain Tsubasa" team... after signing half a dozen youngsters in the last few weeks, they just signed Dani Pacheco from Barça. it's not like they stole him, Barça kinda stole him before from Malaga.

HANZO
06-30-2007, 02:55 PM
liverpool are going after fernando torres, we will see. i think they need to aim to be challengers for the premiership title.

with cisse, if he starts being a lazy player the fans wont like it, and our new manager isnt too keen on them. if he suits our playing style then he wont have much of a problem. the turkish league lately has become very physical and defensive. he might fit in well.

Moctezuma
06-30-2007, 03:14 PM
brazil already lost in their first game for the sub-20 cup
0-1 against polonia who played with 10 players during most of the game

as pathetic as the national team in copa america...

chiba
06-30-2007, 03:48 PM
brazil already lost in their first game for the sub-20 cup
0-1 against polonia who played with 10 players during most of the game

as pathetic as the national team in copa america...

whats up with brazil???

HANZO
06-30-2007, 04:05 PM
they probably getting a bit cocky when playing thinking there individual skills will win them the game. brazil are deadly when they play as a team but when they dnt they are easily beatable. at the moment argentina are the team to beat, they have great skill and are a great team. also u can add poor coaching to it as well.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Dunga should know the score, but then Perreira won them the WC in 94 and it went tits up for them last year. Brazil do have a problem with indivivuals thinking they run the team, the biggest part of this problem being there are at least half a dozen individuals in any starting XI that wish to exhibit their skill and change the game. While they're good individually, they have a bad attitude when it comes to the team.

Moctezuma
06-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Dunga should know the score, but then Perreira won them the WC in 94 and it went tits up for them last year. Brazil do have a problem with indivivuals thinking they run the team, the biggest part of this problem being there are at least half a dozen individuals in any starting XI that wish to exhibit their skill and change the game. While they're good individually, they have a bad attitude when it comes to the team.

the big problem, above all for the sub 20 team, is that all these kids want to shine to gain value and to be bought by some european team...
they don't even care about winning... they care about being seen
so their way to play is individual because european supervisors want ronaldinhos...

chiba
06-30-2007, 11:54 PM
the big problem, above all for the sub 20 team, is that all these kids want to shine to gain value and to be bought by some european team...
they don't even care about winning... they care about being seen
so their way to play is individual because european supervisors want ronaldinhos...

yeah there was one player on brazil who is dubbed the next roberto carlos b/c of the styule he plays

if brazil play as a team they can be deadly
lately the squad isnt what it once was back then
this is pretty much the b-squad and they too like the u-20 want to leave an impression

FrenchShin
07-01-2007, 08:39 AM
now it's getting interesting : Kaka told Berlusconi he wants to leave...

whitey
07-01-2007, 09:06 AM
whered you read that homie?

FrenchShin
07-01-2007, 10:15 AM
french website, but i found this in english : http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=46002

FrenchShin
07-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Lampard refused the new contract at Chelsea.

Miccoli to Palerme.

Real Madrid put a 16 million euro offer for Chivu.

whitey
07-01-2007, 10:45 AM
milan cannot let kaka leave. he carries that team on his shoulders. i really dont think they can replace what he does unless they bring in ronaldinho and another very good forward.

FrenchShin
07-01-2007, 10:49 AM
well, no team could let him leave. but he's human after all, he wanna change from time to time. i don't know if he'd be able to go to a clash with the club.

it is said Milan wanna buy Pato Alexandre, but it sure won't be the same thing...

The Hound
07-01-2007, 11:18 AM
lampard rejected the 130,000 pounds a week for a extra 10k, i doubt even the fake chelski supporters wouldnt boo him

Frontal Lobotomy
07-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Until shit is concrete, its not worth listening to. Given Adriano is being lnked wit ha move to Milan I'm not entirely sure Kaka will leave, at the end of the day they're european champions and as such Real Madrid are a step down in the current climate (even if Milan are dirty cheats). It'll cost a world record fee to get Kaka to Madrid as he is the best player in theworld currently, and the time of the galacticos is long is gone with Real, Barcelona are the team to join.

On a sidenote, Lamps is gone.

The Hound
07-01-2007, 01:33 PM
lamps is gone where? whats his situation?

berlusconi cracked a nice wise one about milan saying how the last 4 inter plays milan got have gone on to become stars and the last few inter got from milan have gone to shit he says he doubts inter would ever send another player - forgot what he said exactly, ill post it when i find it

"We have signed four players from Inter. Andrea Pirlo and Clarence Seedorf are still first team players, Dario Simic and Christian Brocchi just behind, while the ex-Rossoneri we sent to [Inter] are long gone.
"After these precedents, I doubt Massimo Moratti would hand us his Press Officer, let alone Adriano!"

ehe i donno, made me chuckle

FrenchShin
07-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Until shit is concrete, its not worth listening to. Given Adriano is being lnked wit ha move to Milan I'm not entirely sure Kaka will leave, at the end of the day they're european champions and as such Real Madrid are a step down in the current climate (even if Milan are dirty cheats). It'll cost a world record fee to get Kaka to Madrid as he is the best player in theworld currently, and the time of the galacticos is long is gone with Real, Barcelona are the team to join.

On a sidenote, Lamps is gone.

i don't see how it can be an argument : Madrid already own the highest transfer with Zidane, i don't see what could stop them from breaking this record, since Mijatovic already stated they would put 80 mil on the table for Kaka.

i agree it's not a done dea, but rumors are what the transfer season is about too.

by the way, Lampard's contract ends up in 2010. what he refused was the first draft of a raise. so far, he's still a player of Chelsea.

HANZO
07-01-2007, 03:28 PM
real madrid will ruin kaka if he goes there. real signed many players but apart from zidane none of them lived up to their price tag.

and lampard, he is no way good enough to be even wanting 50k a week. dude is overrated, his been weak this last season. chelski the only stupid team to pay him that kind of wage. i doubt any european team would pay up.

FrenchShin
07-01-2007, 04:36 PM
maybe, but being paid as much as Ballack or Sheva would be fair... these 2 didn't do shit. i'm not a big fan of Lampard, but he contributed to the last season(s) better than Ballack and Sheva.

whitey
07-01-2007, 09:23 PM
the fact that lampard wants as much or more than sheva and ballack is bollucks. granted they are getting way overpaid, but still they dont need to go way over paying another player. lamps needs to get his shit together, the only reason he shines at chelsea is hes got a rock of a mid in essien behind him, plus a good d and a great goalie. they let him take 92839058308 shots a game and of course he puts some in, but not even close to a good %.

i have heard though juve is high on getting him because of ranieri, but there is no way they are going to pay him anything close to what chelsea would. maybe he just wants to force chelseas hand so he can leave.

chiba
07-02-2007, 12:31 AM
brazil wins 3-0
mexico beat ecuador 2-1

i think the finals could be mexico vs argentina
mexico is playing well

Frontal Lobotomy
07-02-2007, 05:27 AM
i don't see how it can be an argument : Madrid already own the highest transfer with Zidane, i don't see what could stop them from breaking this record, since Mijatovic already stated they would put 80 mil on the table for Kaka.

i agree it's not a done dea, but rumors are what the transfer season is about too.

by the way, Lampard's contract ends up in 2010. what he refused was the first draft of a raise. so far, he's still a player of Chelsea.

Real Madrid have indeed splashed out the highest transfers in the game, but I don't think they can afford to get Kaka as well as their other targets. The new manager, whoever it will be, will want to bring in his own targets as well and £50m on Kaka, while a good transfer, leaves him unable to get anyone else in. No doubt Kaka will have asked Ronaldo about the Bernabeu's fans as well, they ain't very nice people. You are right that the pre-season is about transfer speculation, and speculation can (and should) be argued.
As for Lampard, he has a contract running until 2009, not 2010. And he can buy himself out of his contract for £8m using that FIFA contract loophole. His missus is from Catalunya, and I think if he's to ever try a new challenge then now is the time. Either Juve or Barcelona will pick him up this summer, more likely the latter seeing as they're willing to let Deco go. I heard an interesting rumour that Liverpool and Arsenal are ready to tussle over Iniesta as well, and Barcelona may entertain listening to offers.

FrenchShin
07-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Atletico is getting Quaresma... damn.

The Hound
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
supposedly arjen robben is going to real madrid for what was reported as $31mAUD which is 20m euro or touch over 16m pounds, which ever way they look at it, still cant find reports on it though

whitey
07-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Atletico is getting Quaresma... damn.

if they end up bringing in requilme and luis garcia, that is a pretty nice squad. get a decent amount of kids playing with them on fifa or pe thats for sure.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
They should get Boulahrouz while they're at it, though Sevilla have jumped in sharpish to get him by the looks of things. £3.5m is a real bargain either way.

whitey
07-02-2007, 12:13 PM
story on robben going to madrid.

http://soccerway.com/news/2007/July/02/robben-on-way-to-spain

whitey
07-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Arsenal have signed striker Eduardo da Silva on a four-year deal from Croatian side Dinamo Zagreb

FrenchShin
07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
supposedly arjen robben is going to real madrid for what was reported as $31mAUD which is 20m euro or touch over 16m pounds, which ever way they look at it, still cant find reports on it though

yeah and Chelsea does'nt even want to pay more than 17 mil for Malouda... pffff

The Hound
07-02-2007, 12:39 PM
17 mil for malouda is maybe a bit much but id take malouda over robbens whinging arse anyday of the week

FrenchShin
07-02-2007, 01:34 PM
so... Robben costing 20 mil against Malouda costing 17... to me, it's always the same story : French teams don't know how to sell players.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Malouda is 27 though, it gets harder to demand more for a player of that age unless the club are desperate to land the player ie: Drogba to Chelsea. Which seems odd to me given Malouda is about to hit his peak and be an immense player (well, more than usual), I'm sure the demand would've been higher had Liverpool been in a position to sign him but he's come out saying he wants to hook up with Didier again.
Much as I like Nani, I'd have rathered we got Malouda.
This Eduardo to Arsenal deal seems a bit of a weird one, Dinamo Zagreb reckon they've got in the region of £16.75m for him, while the press over here are saying its nearer £8m. The same thing went on with Reyes, it was supposed to have been a £20-odd million deal, when in reality it was £12.5m. I guess the entirety of these deals include add-ons.
I'm suprised Robben is being valued nearer 20m though, he's not done much to increase his stock in the last 2 seasons given he's been injured so much, and he hasn't really improved technically either.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Arsenal have signed striker Eduardo da Silva on a four-year deal from Croatian side Dinamo Zagreb

Yeah.. Its seems kinda bad cuz Dinamo now dont have its best striker, but he will make plenty paper, but I think he wont play much, or at all...

whitey
07-02-2007, 02:00 PM
robben is worth it. granted he has been injured but he is still young, plus i think his game will flourish in spain. madrid fans like fancy dribblers and he is definatly one of them.

plus this year he was dogged by mourinho because of the formation he played. he needed to have drogba on the field and sheva up top, then he had the two attacking mids, ballack and lampard, with essien and mikel or whoever else behind them. it didnt leave any room for robben. but when he was fit he was always the one they that would come on and the game would change in an instant when he would start making his runs. definatly a good buy in my opinion.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-02-2007, 02:20 PM
real is going to buy him, almost no doubt about that

FrenchShin
07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Madrid buy players without having a goddamn official coach. Schunster is not confirmed... to me, it's unbelievable, it's like doing the same mistake again and again.
when the coach arrives, he doesn't know the players who were already there, but that's normal. and he has to deal with new players he doesn't even want.

being a Madrid fan, it's strange... to me, there'll be a team like :

sergio ramos-cannavaro-metzelder-marcelo/reyes-gago-diarra-robben/van nistelroy-raul

valuable subs : robinho, cicinho, higuain.

hopefully heinze will join...

but it looks weak somewhere...

whitey
07-02-2007, 02:38 PM
robinho over reyes any day of the week.

and did they even buy reyes, or is still owned by ars?

FrenchShin
07-02-2007, 02:46 PM
reyes' situation is fucked up. they discussed a contract, i know, and arsenal doesn't want him back.
the reverse situation is true too : madrid don't want baptista back, which is a mistake in my opinion, but whatever.

just heard Lyon's president saying that he's meeting mijatovic for malouda. they sure won't buy both robben and malouda.

the problem with reyes is that he plays right only one game before screwing the next 3 weeks. robinho's good, but he would play more at raul's position i guess.

Roman Deini
07-02-2007, 03:07 PM
that kaka wants to leave story was started by the newspaper in madrid AS. milan is just tired now with all the shit they writing. first that picture where they photoshopped kaka with holding in his hands the AS where it said madrid campeone when that picture was taken in april at the milan complex.

another thing they forget is that they shouldnt mess with berlusconi before you know it haha. dude got his mob connections i bet he gonna make offers players cant refuse.

lampard is gonna leave chelsea contract till 2010 or not. he just gonna buy off the remaining years. there is a fifa rule for that, if you over 28 and you played three years at the club you can leave for a minimal fee.

dont get me started on robben. all he can do is dive dive dive. hope he gets crushed by one of the argentinian defenders in the la liga if he goes to spain.

FrenchShin
07-02-2007, 03:10 PM
dont get me started on robben. all he can do is dive dive dive. hope he gets crushed by one of the argentinian defenders in the la liga if he goes to spain.

don't need to find an argentinian for that, he'll end up as a piece of roast chicken in a sandwich cooked by cannavaro and metzelder.

whitey
07-02-2007, 07:40 PM
from foxsoccer.com

Liverpool (http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/soccer/team?categoryId=566) could be forced to splash out around £58 million ($117 million) to land Fernando Torres after it was reported the striker wants £100,000 ($200,000) per week.

fucking rediculous if that is true. he is not even close to being worth that much.

HANZO
07-02-2007, 07:56 PM
athletico have just signed diego forlan, so they say that torres is closer to liverpoll. but 58million for torres, is a bit toooooooooo much. i highly doubt liverpool will spend that much on him. i was thinking 30million the most.

FrenchShin
07-02-2007, 07:58 PM
like i said, dude has been overrated coz he started at 16... and being captain of Atletico so young gave him such a big head.
he doesn't realize Raul did the same thing, except much much better, and he still is modest and realistic (so to speak).

HANZO
07-02-2007, 08:02 PM
these days in football a lot of players are overrated reason why u see the high amounts of cash being splashed out. i mean example, darren bent tottenham bought him for 16million. which i find ridiculous. and now 50million for torres is just stupid. the guy is overrated cause if he was a 50million player then athletico would have won something.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-02-2007, 08:07 PM
£50m including his contract eh? Thats a lot in wages, some sections of the press are saying he'll take a slight paycut in joining Liverpool. They won't pay him more than £70k a week I'd say.

whitey
07-02-2007, 08:29 PM
anybody watching the argies against columbia, brilliant shit to watch.

whitey
07-02-2007, 08:37 PM
for fucks sake a big club needs to buy requlme, what is the matter with these managers. want to pay all that money for torres but they wouldnt for requlme? dude is sick.

FrenchShin
07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
dude is sick in his head too. well, not barton style, but like... one or two depression a year. but he's sure mad talented.

chiba
07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
anybody watching the argies against columbia, brilliant shit to watch.

the finals mexico vs argentina

argentina look like they are gonna win the whole tournament
brazil wont be able to stop them, and the only team that could test them looks like mexico

brazil is playin horrible...then again its the b-squad

The Hound
07-03-2007, 12:11 AM
klose and altintop scored in a friendly 2-1 win over sao paolo, lets hope this is a regular trend coz im not sold on altintop yet

robben at 20m is ridiculous, he has pace but thats about it, hes such a ball hog, real madrid have had enough of them over the years why do they want more? robben is a poor mans robinho

Roman Deini
07-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Marca reports Chivu will join Real. Mijatovic was yesterday in Rome at the owners house discussing this transfer. His agent is now in Madrid.

According to them Real offered 15million plus one player which is Cicinho or two surprising names like Antonio Cassano and Fabio Cannavaro. Doubt it that Roma takes Cassano back but I'd like the idea of Canna in a Roma jersey.

The Hound
07-03-2007, 08:10 AM
luis garcia > atletico madrid, officialy confirmed, liverpool look on the verge of paying £27m for fernando torres, 27m, fuck me, thats an over payment if ever i saw one

FrenchShin
07-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Mavuba to Villareal.

hope he'll have opportunities to show his talent.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
I like Mavuba, he's a good player. Villarreal will need a striker now that they sold Diego though, a move for Roque Santa Cruz might suit them nicely. Galatasary are linked with him but I dunno, I've always thought he was a good striker on his day. Or maybe Soldado, he did well for Mallorca while on loan last season.

The Hound
07-03-2007, 10:24 AM
santa cruz? not likely, where you hear this

FrenchShin
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
they need a defenser maybe too. isn't Ayala leaving ? that's the very big loss...

they're gonna activate the argentinian connections once again i guess... anyway, so far, Riquelme is still under contract with them.

i heard Pirès did good since he returned. scoring, assisting.

Roman Deini
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
ayala goes from valencia to villareal. the other defender gonzalo rodriguez is out again with a long injury.

i'm expecting big things from mavuba... and santa cruz wants to play only in italy i understand

FrenchShin
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
ayala goes from valencia to villareal.

yeah, i made a kind of confusion... i picture him with a yellow skirt already. lol

well, good thing for villareal defense then.

i think Mavuba can have a Makelele-like career. he's young, huge stamina, technical but not too much, fast. good move for him.

The Hound
07-03-2007, 10:03 PM
honestly i dont see santa cruz going anywhere, it came down 6 months ago to pizarro or santa cruz and they took a gamble of santa cruz, we just lose roy makaay, that leaves toni/klose/podolski/schlaudraff, schlaudraff is very young, santa cruz has 200 games for us he is a veteran and is a regular no way the board is going to sell him after putting faith in him during his injury lay offs, they would of sold him when he was injured, santa cruz if he wants to leave should show us faith like we showed him

real madrid want both robben and malouda, is there anyone madrid dont want to buy? i read chivu is going madrid aswell

FrenchShin
07-04-2007, 08:39 AM
so i hear Pato and Adu are on fire at the U20 championships...

Frontal Lobotomy
07-04-2007, 11:26 AM
santa cruz? not likely, where you hear this

Uh, he's been looking for a club for a while now. He told the German media back in April he inteded to leave. Uli Hoeness told him and Makaay they should look for new clubs at the tail end of last season as well. Why would he stay at a club that never bothers to start him? He's behind Podolski, and the two new strikers they spent big money on to bring in, he clearly isn't wanted.
At no point did I say Villarreal were after him either, all I said was that he'd make a good signing.

The Hound
07-04-2007, 01:36 PM
at no point did i say you said that, santa cruz said he wanted to leave, he also said if got first team spots he would stay, he got his spot, bayern chose santa cruz over pizarro

Roman Deini
07-04-2007, 03:33 PM
lol as a roma fan i love it tho but isn't 18million euros too much for a player that only got one year left on his contract?

and damn ustari going to getafe. loved to see him as first keeper for barca, they were after him but at the end he went to getafe.

FrenchShin
07-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Madrid got money, they spend awfully. actually, Mijatovic don't give a fuck, it's not his money. Calderon's either. it's not like the British clubs, owned by billionaires.
at Madrid, and Barça, it's like an association. so nobody's really responsible until it's election time.

well, enough with the details. ok, Chivu will become a Madrid player, which is very good. but i remember a few years back, when Hierro left, Chivu had a foot at Madrid, and finally, they didn't want him, and got Woodgate instead. nice move lol. now he costs 18 million.

anyway... who's gonna play ? Cannavaro ? Metzelder ? Ramos ? Chivu ?

chiba
07-04-2007, 04:12 PM
so i hear Pato and Adu are on fire at the U20 championships...

pato scored 2x in last nights game against s.korea
brazil won 3-2

adu is also makin a killin
usa beat poland 6-1

HANZO
07-04-2007, 04:17 PM
klose and altintop scored in a friendly 2-1 win over sao paolo, lets hope this is a regular trend coz im not sold on altintop yet

robben at 20m is ridiculous, he has pace but thats about it, hes such a ball hog, real madrid have had enough of them over the years why do they want more? robben is a poor mans robinho

thing with altintop is and his brother as well. inconsistency. altintop has a might right foot. but he doenst use it often. his a big strong winger with a lot of pace. which is rare these days. cause you get the small guy who runs lightening fast. if used properly he can benefit bayern a lot. but sometimes your gonna think why he is playing football, cause he dissapears from games.

i just want to comment on the argentina columbia game. and in moments of that game argentina looked like the greatest footballing team ever. their passing and movement was flawless. they kept the ball well, every player wanted a touch of the ball. the only problem is they get lazy. i mean riquelme doesnt run half the time. they are looking real good to go and win the copa. ofcourse that can all change because they do have their days when they are just off.

FrenchShin
07-04-2007, 05:26 PM
yea, i just read a joke today about riquelme, who's been suspected of taking doping shots... but well, who cares ? who's ever seen riquelme running ?

whitey
07-04-2007, 07:59 PM
requlme is so nasty. he embarasses kids. he will get people so mad when they are defending him and hes sheilding the ball, literally impossible to take the ball off. looks like he just walks around sheilding the ball for fun untill he gets fouled sometimes.

FrenchShin
07-04-2007, 08:28 PM
and he always has that face, you know, like if he's in constant pain lol.

question is : will he go back to villareal ? anywhere else ? stay at boca ?

HANZO
07-04-2007, 08:42 PM
and he always has that face, you know, like if he's in constant pain lol.

question is : will he go back to villareal ? anywhere else ? stay at boca ?

the real question is why the hell barca let the guy go, or why aint he at real madrid already. we forget what a good player he is.

FrenchShin
07-04-2007, 10:10 PM
people always mention Madrid's mistakes, but Barça got his share too : Quaresma for example.

chiba
07-04-2007, 10:22 PM
isnt riquelme goin to athletico de madrid??

The Hound
07-04-2007, 11:39 PM
thing with altintop is and his brother as well. inconsistency. altintop has a might right foot. but he doenst use it often. his a big strong winger with a lot of pace. which is rare these days. cause you get the small guy who runs lightening fast. if used properly he can benefit bayern a lot. but sometimes your gonna think why he is playing football, cause he dissapears from games.

yep, that's my concern, though bayern do use an extensive wing system so i can see him filling the salihamidzic role, a right sided player, i hope he goes well, hes one of those players you look and you say 'this guy has it all there, so much potential, he should be more consistant' ... in terms of physique he sort of in the ze roberto mould, rather than the roberto carlo, physical presence, pace and a deadly right foot (when he CHOOSES to use ti) i mean the guy should of been a star by now

yea, i just read a joke today about riquelme, who's been suspected of taking doping shots... but well, who cares ? who's ever seen riquelme running ?

LOL

Frontal Lobotomy
07-05-2007, 05:42 AM

:lmao:

News topic of the morning: Tevez on the verge of a move to Man Utd for £20m. Should be interesting, I remember him getting into trouble with Corinthians for appearing at a post-match press conference wearing a Utd shirt. With this guy coming in, some players will no doubt have to leave. Smith, Silvestre, Richardson and Heinze (unfortunately) look the most likely candidates.

Also, Chelsea have lodged a bid for Pato.

chiba
07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Also, Chelsea have lodged a bid for Pato.

i thought that was a rumor
the mighty duck goin to england!

FrenchShin
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Chelsea put the higher bid : 20 million euros.

Inter, Milan, Barça and Madrid are also interested.

sounds weird huh ? every time, it's the same clubs...

FrenchShin
07-05-2007, 01:00 PM
http://sofoot.fr/IMG/img_x250_arton99498.jpg

something looks wrong...

chiba
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
^ LOL!!!!!!

yo chek this out
this kid shouldve picked the italy squad over the usa squad
he wouldve been italys first black player!! it wouldve been sick!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Ferrari

brazilian and italain
the kid must have madd skillz

hopefully pato goes to braca or one of the milans

FrenchShin
07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
italy already had black player(s). i remember that guy from Chievo Verona, not long ago.

Roman Deini
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM
italy had some mixed players but yeah i know who you mean frenchshin only i cant come up with his name.

and pato stated he would like to play alongside ronaldo and kaka. milan is his destination. according to his agent they just wait till he becomes 18 before they gonna choose a club.

whitey
07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
thats what makes milan nice. theyll pick up a kid like pato who if you wait some more years will be worth 10x what they pay for him, and he will turn great. like kaka, they bought him for 8.5 mil, and could if they wanted to sell him for 80-100 million.

im reading the EPL might block the tevez sale to man u unless the money goes to certain peoples ( i think the west ham, and the prem) instead of the company that owns tevez rights.

HANZO
07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
yep milan does do it properly. the big 2 to come out of south america, saviola, kaka, and ronaldihno. barcelona ruined saviola, psg didnt make that much profit on ronaldihno. but milan with kaka. they made him the worlds best and now his worth 10 times the price they bought him for. so if i was pato i would look at this (just as i write argentina score) and go to milan.

chiba
07-05-2007, 09:35 PM
italy had some mixed players but yeah i know who you mean frenchshin only i cant come up with his name.

and pato stated he would like to play alongside ronaldo and kaka. milan is his destination. according to his agent they just wait till he becomes 18 before they gonna choose a club.

italy has alot of argentinian players on their squad
when they won the world cup i saw like 3 players speaking spanish
but anywayz

pato will do good at milan, the veterans will give him advice on the game

FrenchShin
07-06-2007, 12:50 AM
italy has alot of argentinian players on their squad
when they won the world cup i saw like 3 players speaking spanish

other way around... a lot of argentinians have italians roots. actually, argentinians were european, lots of germans, spanishs, italians, armenians, georgians...

FrenchShin
07-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Grosso to Lyon, replacing Abidal.

Galatasaray proudly announced : Lincoln, Saviola, Santa Cruz. yea, you heard right : Saviola & Santa Cruz. and you heard right, Galatasaray announced. meaning : nothing's confirmed as true.

FrenchShin
07-06-2007, 01:19 AM
yep milan does do it properly. the big 2 to come out of south america, saviola, kaka, and ronaldihno. barcelona ruined saviola, psg didnt make that much profit on ronaldihno. but milan with kaka. they made him the worlds best and now his worth 10 times the price they bought him for. so if i was pato i would look at this (just as i write argentina score) and go to milan.

Marseille did better with Ribéry, free, sold for officially 25 mil :) . dunno where the money goes though.

Portuguese clubs are not bad at that lil game either : see Nani (20 mil) and especially Anderson (25 mil).

on account of the Barça, i forgot to mention they ruined not only Quaresma, Saviola, Riquelme but also Rochemback, Petit, and a few others. of course, Madrid's account is as big.

chiba
07-06-2007, 04:03 PM
other way around... a lot of argentinians have italians roots. actually, argentinians were european, lots of germans, spanishs, italians, armenians, georgians...

yeah thats true coz the argentinian squad has alot of italian last names
messi, mascherano, cambiasso,burdisso,zanetti,Abbondanzieri and of course maradonna etc etc

so naturally its would be easier for them to get italian citizenship
plus argentina has produced some good players

its happening to portugal
alot of their players are coming from colonies like deco, miguel,costinha, andrade etc
also france and nederlands etc

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Marseille did better with Ribéry, free, sold for officially 25 mil :) . dunno where the money goes though.

Portuguese clubs are not bad at that lil game either : see Nani (20 mil) and especially Anderson (25 mil).

on account of the Barça, i forgot to mention they ruined not only Quaresma, Saviola, Riquelme but also Rochemback, Petit, and a few others. of course, Madrid's account is as big.

they ruined Kluivert (at least to me)...but they didn't ruin Figo (he's a legend)

whitey
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
please tell me someone else other than me watched the brazil v. usa under-20. that was one of the best games ive seen in a while. end to end action. im not a big fan of the US mens national team becaiuse i think they play like garbage, but this U-20 was effin nice. playing real soccer, skillful, imaginative soccer.

im not a big fan of fred adu, but he was killing the brazilians at times out there. for the second american goal he was in the corner juggled it over 2 brazilian players heads takes it to the middle rips a shot gets deflected to another american and they score.

pato was nice too. almost scored a real sick chip. i would love for milan to snap him up, he will be special. only 17?!? i think it is, nasty kid.

chiba
07-07-2007, 12:13 AM
^ yeah if brazil was able to find the kitchen sink im sure they wouldve thrown it at them

i went to the korea vs poland game
it was siiick
this is the best group lotsa action
korea played well but at times needed to shoot instead of passing

goin to the portugal gambia match on sunday
woop woop
its stoopid coz at the stadium you cant use blow horns, and they dont allow drums
what kind of stooopid fifa rules are these
no flags on sticks
sticks arnt allowed

its like wtf???
in europe they like burn the muddah facka down

FrenchShin
07-07-2007, 07:07 AM
they ruined Kluivert (at least to me)...

tough one. he could have ruined himself... he was fire from 1995-2000.

i got one, i got one ! they ruined Maxi Lopez... or maybe he was just wack outside Argentina.

The Hound
07-07-2007, 07:09 AM
barca didn't ruin kluivert milan nearly did

whitey
07-07-2007, 08:14 AM
i think kluivert was just overated to begin with.

HANZO
07-07-2007, 08:25 AM
^ yeah if brazil was able to find the kitchen sink im sure they wouldve thrown it at them

i went to the korea vs poland game
it was siiick
this is the best group lotsa action
korea played well but at times needed to shoot instead of passing

goin to the portugal gambia match on sunday
woop woop
its stoopid coz at the stadium you cant use blow horns, and they dont allow drums
what kind of stooopid fifa rules are these
no flags on sticks
sticks arnt allowed

its like wtf???
in europe they like burn the muddah facka down

no drums, no flags no sticks, wat the fuk is the point of going to the match then. fifa jus dnt understand.

about kluivert, the guy was on fire at ajax and his early barcelona career. he just dropped after that, he can only blame himself. this guy was once the top striker in the game.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Kluivert was immense for Ajax and Barcelona, he came to the prem a little too late which was a shame.

FrenchShin
07-07-2007, 10:13 AM
no drums, no flags no sticks, wat the fuk is the point of going to the match then. fifa jus dnt understand.

north american anti-terrorist rules.

Krimewave
07-07-2007, 12:40 PM

you dont need flags on sticks or drums to get a big match atmosphere.

sakk
07-07-2007, 02:53 PM
What happened to Brazil yesterday? I know none of the big starters played, but still Brazil's bench is better than most USA starters.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Kluivert just lost himself...that was about the last season of Overmars

but he was my idol back then, a great striker!

HANZO
07-07-2007, 03:10 PM

you bang on the drums when your team attacks and throw sticks at the opposings players when your defending.

for real ofcourse u dnt need them but they do help.

whitey
07-07-2007, 04:49 PM
What happened to Brazil yesterday? I know none of the big starters played, but still Brazil's bench is better than most USA starters.

it was under 20-cup if you didnt know, not trying to be a dick. and brazil had their chances but just couldnt get it in.

in the next 5 years i bet pato and jo are big time in europe. there was another guy who i really liked, no.5, outside winger type, didnt catch his name though, i think he could also be big time.

whitey
07-07-2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmExheyGwKs u-20 highlights. check out fred adu in this. especially the second US goal. its highlights from the whole game, the second goal is around the 7/8 minute mark.

Moctezuma
07-08-2007, 12:29 AM

it is sad, but yes you need
brazilian stadiums were destroyed by years of stupid league and authorities policies

atmosphere in stadium is like orchestra
you need a great organization, a leader
without drums, you don't have rythms and people have dificulties to follow and to make a great united and impresive song for example

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-08-2007, 04:26 AM
Pato should pass more, he's too much of a 'soloist'

FrenchShin
07-08-2007, 09:40 AM
looks like Brazil and Uruguay are back in the game...

tell me Madrid don't want to get rid of Robinho...

HANZO
07-08-2007, 09:59 AM
looks like Brazil and Uruguay are back in the game...

tell me Madrid don't want to get rid of Robinho...

because robinho is showing good form they probably want to get rid of him.

brazil were really good yesterday, the chile goal was good though.

whitey
07-08-2007, 11:13 AM
the chilie goal was pure class.

HANZO
07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
mexico just destroyed paraguay 6-0. the quarter finals seem to be one sided affairs so far.

36chambers
07-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Suazo is ill, Inter have got a good player there. Robinho has been on fire, he'll be one of the best in the world in 3 or 4 years time if he gets regular football at Madrid.

Glad Chelsea signed Malouda, £13.5m (20m euros), good signing, he looks like a good player.

Moctezuma
07-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Suazo is ill, Inter have got a good player there.

the suazo i love is the chilian one

just signed in monterrey so we will never see him in europe...

Moctezuma
07-08-2007, 06:56 PM
in the next 5 years i bet pato and jo are big time in europe. there was another guy who i really liked, no.5, outside winger type, didnt catch his name though, i think he could also be big time.

i opened a champagne bottle when jo left the corinthians
this player is catastrophic...

whitey
07-08-2007, 07:40 PM
i opened a champagne bottle when jo left the corinthians
this player is catastrophic...

whos jo play for today?

and the argies again, classssss. i dont give a shit if requilme is a skitso, some top shelf team needs to sign him, f athletico madrid they just aint big enough for the dude.

HANZO
07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
and the argies again, classssss. i dont give a shit if requilme is a skitso, some top shelf team needs to sign him, f athletico madrid they just aint big enough for the dude.

argentina are playing football the way its meant to be played. really riquelme is a different player to everyone else. the guy doesnt run and still everything he does is golden. his passing is perfect, you cant take the ball off him without fouling him and he can use both his feet. this guy was forgotten this whole year, but every time u see argentina play its riquelme who runs the show.

Moctezuma
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
whos jo play for today?

jo plays for cska moscow (if i remember well, moscow for sure, then cska almost)

i'm a huge fan of riquelme
he was involved in great part of boca's winning the libertadores
even playing badly, he always managed to score and then wake up and kill everything
really a great player, and i think atletico is not such a bad choice, it's a team that can have great ambitions with their players and staff

well, i think nery castillo is not going to stay very long in olympiakos...
fundamental in each mexican victory

FrenchShin
07-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Pepe to Madrid for........... 28 mil.

now that's weird. not only is he expensive, but now Madrid got a bunch of central defensers.

HANZO
07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Pepe to Madrid for........... 28 mil.

now that's weird. not only is he expensive, but now Madrid got a bunch of central defensers.

decisions like this make u wonder who the hell runs real madrid.

whitey
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
saviola signed by madrid on a free

chiba
07-10-2007, 02:06 PM
tonight brazil vs uruguay in copa america
tmr argentina vs mexico (this one is war!!!) the WC 06 re match

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-10-2007, 02:54 PM
saviola signed by madrid on a free

which Madrid club?

Roman Deini
07-10-2007, 02:55 PM
real

chiba
07-10-2007, 10:46 PM
brazil made it to the final of copa america
by the skin of their teeth

what happened at the end
after the penalty shoot outs
a fight almost broke out

FrenchShin
07-11-2007, 04:06 AM
Brenthe to Madrid : i know nothing about this player.

Benayoun & Babel to Liverpool : how many players does Benitez want ?

Milito to Barça : did they have to take Puyol's look-alike ?

HANZO
07-11-2007, 10:40 AM
brazil were lucky to go through, uraguay were very good. hopefully they can take their place as the 3rd team in south america. and make a push agains brazil and argentina. it will make the world cups better as well. but uraguay should have never conceded them goals pure defensive errors.

mexico - argentina is gonna be one mad game. cant wait for that. im not gonna even make a prediction cause both teams have been on fire this tournament.

Roman Deini
07-11-2007, 10:41 AM
You mean Drenthe? Just a rumor nothing official yet if he goes to Madrid or Barca or Chelsea. Its quiet here in Holland when it's about him.

The Hound
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Brenthe to Madrid : i know nothing about this player.

Benayoun & Babel to Liverpool : how many players does Benitez want ?

Milito to Barça : did they have to take Puyol's look-alike ?

which milito?

FrenchShin
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
gabi.

Moctezuma
07-11-2007, 01:40 PM
brazil made it to the final of copa america
by the skin of their teeth

what happened at the end
after the penalty shoot outs
a fight almost broke out

doni went out of his line before the ball was kicked, which is forbidden in theory, like players stopping in the middle of the run befor kicking (like robinho did), but it is almost impossible to see a referee who dares cancel the kick... above all when it is the last one !!!

tonight, one of the game of the year !!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!

Roman Deini
07-11-2007, 03:28 PM
every goalie does that when penalties are taking. refs just afraid to cancel it and let them retake it.

HANZO
07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
every goalie does that when penalties are taking. refs just afraid to cancel it and let them retake it.

there are a few occasions when the refs do tell them to retake. one was in the olympics the ref made the penalty taker take it 6 times or sumthin stupid like that.

36chambers
07-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Madrid are becoming a bit of a joke, Calderon says hes interested in everyone. Robben, Fabrigas, Drenthe, Kaka, Malouda, Chivu and so on... the reality is they wont sign any of those players, maybe Drenthe though. I would have liked him to come to Chelsea but now we have Malouda I dont think we'll go for him. Hes an ill talent tho, so fast.

Calderon should hush up and let the manager buy the players, but for some reason it doesn't happen like that in Spain. Thats why id never take a job there... if any Premiership chairmen are reading this though, im available, fairly cheap too :thumbup:

HANZO
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
berlusconi accused calderon of using tactics that will unsettle players. he blasted him for saying that they signed kaka, when they didnt. so he doing the same with the rest of europe saying he will sign everyone. jus to unsettle them. i hope real win nothing for the next 50 years, cause they dnt deserve to. they won la liga this season and sacked arguably the best manager on the planet. for what reason???? and then they go around announcing that they signed everyone.

whitey
07-11-2007, 05:04 PM
im going with argentina tonight. with requilme doing the damage.

chiba
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
doni went out of his line before the ball was kicked, which is forbidden in theory, like players stopping in the middle of the run befor kicking (like robinho did), but it is almost impossible to see a referee who dares cancel the kick... above all when it is the last one !!!

tonight, one of the game of the year !!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone is starting to do that
ive seen enough players do that run stop then kick

the semis of copa america were serious games!!!

brazil made it to the final with their b squad

since its the year of upsets mexico might take it against argentina
but i wouldnt be surprized if the argies won

HANZO
07-11-2007, 08:58 PM
i saw the doni incident and that is a penalty that must be retaken. its acceptable for doni to come off his line a bit, but fuking hell he was way off his line.

argentina 1-0 up, goalies mistake i dnt kno wat the hell he was doing, didnt he see heinze.

HANZO
07-11-2007, 09:17 PM
messi's goal!!!! omg.

whitey
07-11-2007, 09:20 PM
that was NASTY

whitey
07-11-2007, 09:21 PM
haha requilme, made that goalie look a fool

HANZO
07-11-2007, 09:35 PM
with the way riquelme is playing is it safe to say he the best playmaker in the world today. the guy has so far made everyteam look stupid. and he does all this by walking around the pitch. if he decides to jog in the final brazil dnt stand no chance even if they have kaka and ronaldihno.

chiba
07-11-2007, 10:06 PM
if he decides to jog in the final brazil dnt stand no chance even if they have kaka and ronaldihno.

i dont think it would be easy
kaka and ronaldinho are very dangerous players
ppl have underetimated them and have paid the price
none the less riquelme is a great player

riquelme vs beckham anybody???

argentina looks like they are gonna take it

i guess the reason why the kick wasnt retaken is coz the ball was kicked
right at the goalie?!?!?!

Moctezuma
07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
a pity for mexico
hit the post in two key moments, at 0-0 and at 1-0
could have won this one
but definitively argentina was better

i think mexico lacks of ambition and confidence...

guardado is going to be a great player, just signed for la coruña, hope it's the beginning of a great european carreer

argentina, nothing new to say, riquelme is a huge player
and messi's goal awesome

The Hound
07-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Madrid are becoming a bit of a joke, Calderon says hes interested in everyone. Robben, Fabrigas, Drenthe, Kaka, Malouda, Chivu and so on... the reality is they wont sign any of those players, maybe Drenthe though. I would have liked him to come to Chelsea but now we have Malouda I dont think we'll go for him. Hes an ill talent tho, so fast.

Calderon should hush up and let the manager buy the players, but for some reason it doesn't happen like that in Spain. Thats why id never take a job there... if any Premiership chairmen are reading this though, im available, fairly cheap too :thumbup:

LMAO coming from a chelski supporter that's fucking unbelievable irony

FrenchShin
07-12-2007, 06:06 AM
they go around announcing that they signed everyone.

i didn't understand it like that. Mijatovic goes around saying he wants a lot of players, it's quite not the same thing.
so far, they signed Metzelder on a free transfer, same for Saviola, they signed Pepe for an awful 28 million transfer, and they'll probably sign Dudek for almost nothing and hopefully Drenthe.
everything else is just rumor, either started by a real interest of Madrid, either started by the press.

i don't see how it can be considered an unreasonable recruitment, especially coming from 36Chambers. just in Spain, Saragossa, Villareal, Levante, Getafe, Betis, Barça, and Atletico have more new players than Madrid... so, what's the fuss about ?

whitey
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7013194_36_5.jpg (http://www.foxsoccershop.com/shop-by-team-los-angeles-galaxy.html)

get em while there hot

FrenchShin
07-12-2007, 11:25 AM
i miss the old shirts... now they all look the same. maybe it's because we have access to more shirts, but basically i think Adidas, Nike and the others should elaborate a little more...
anyway, Beckham seems to realize that he won't have any fun on the field...

chiba
07-12-2007, 12:50 PM
ahahaha herbal life!!!

chiba
07-12-2007, 12:52 PM
i keep hearin zidane will make a move to LA

FrenchShin
07-12-2007, 01:00 PM
i keep hearin zidane will make a move to LA

zidane earn 9 million euros a year, without even playing. his sons are in the Real Madrid youth teams, his wife is part spanish, i don't think he would think about moving.
though he said he has a big project in the field of football, but he'll speak about it soon.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
this thread is way more popular than any sports thread on a American forum. Shit is interesting...

on topic: i cant wait 4 sunday's Coppa America final Argentina - Brazil

HANZO
07-12-2007, 07:17 PM
this hole beckham to la thing is more hollywood then football. reason why i highly doubt zidane will ever go to the states to play. its not in his chracter.

HANZO
07-12-2007, 07:43 PM
did anyone see aguero's goal for argentina in the u-20 world cup against poland. pure class.

chiba
07-13-2007, 12:13 AM
mexico vs congo was a sick game!!
well coz i was there live !!
mexican fans are crazy!!!!
and the girls were hawt!!!

now its mexico vs argentina in the u-20s
man its like a curse on mexico
i think mexicans are gonna start to hate argentina for always kickin them outta a competition
dos santos is the future of mexico
i heard braca already tryin to sign the kid and his bro
lol

argies vs brazil sunday will be a sick match

brazil is takin a blow coz captian g.silva wont be playin coz of 2 yellow cards

as much as i want brazil to win i dont see it happening argentina
has wayyy too much talent and messi is pretty much maradonas successor
if argies win messi will get a trophy that maradona never won

The Hound
07-13-2007, 02:23 AM
this thread is way more popular than any sports thread on a American forum. Shit is interesting...

on topic: i cant wait 4 sunday's Coppa America final Argentina - Brazil

american sports r wack thats why

robbie fowler maybe coming to sydney fc, keep an eye on that

Roman Deini
07-13-2007, 03:07 AM
dos santos already plays for barca, will be a member of the first team next season.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-13-2007, 06:32 AM
I hear Arsenal have a first option deal in place for Dos Santos, which enabled Barca to sign Henry for a great deal less. Seeing as Arsenal already have Vela, it might not be too far fetched a notion that they'll go in for him.
Zidane won't play MLS either, he's retired and is done with the playing side of the game. Becks came out the other day saying he rathered to stay in Madrid for another 3 seasons, I'd say he's starting to have regrets over this American adventure business. If he wasn't ruled by his fame seeking wife, he'd still be at Old Trafford, and would have won the european cup again.

FrenchShin
07-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Tevez's agent is wanted by justice. now that could be embarrassing for Tevez's move.

Moctezuma
07-13-2007, 10:04 AM
mexico vs congo was a sick game!!
well coz i was there live !!
mexican fans are crazy!!!!
and the girls were hawt!!!

now its mexico vs argentina in the u-20s
man its like a curse on mexico
i think mexicans are gonna start to hate argentina for always kickin them outta a competition
dos santos is the future of mexico
i heard braca already tryin to sign the kid and his bro
lol

argies vs brazil sunday will be a sick match

brazil is takin a blow coz captian g.silva wont be playin coz of 2 yellow cards

as much as i want brazil to win i dont see it happening argentina
has wayyy too much talent and messi is pretty much maradonas successor
if argies win messi will get a trophy that maradona never won

i find the game a little boring, but i imagine seing it live is always very good !!!

i'm realy waiting for mexico-argentina (again)
aguero is really awesome

for me, as i already said, the future of mexico is guardado
this guy is only 20 (could have played the sub 20) and already is titular of the national team

Moctezuma
07-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Tevez's agent is wanted by justice. now that could be embarrassing for Tevez's move.

I read that this m.... f..... made pressure on west ham, saying he would give important information to sheffield united to help them maintain in premiere league and let west ham fall in fisrt division

FrenchShin
07-13-2007, 10:10 AM
for the moment, he's only wanted by the Brazilian justice. watch him being wanted by Interpol soon hahaha.

Roman Deini
07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
shady man kia joorachbian. read an article on him with his connections and all. one of them is mr roman abramovich. if i can find the article i'll post it.

and arsenal first option on dos santos? dont buying that, no way barca would let go. is gonna be a first team member if he can get the spanish nationality. he, messi and krkic are barca's future. great frontline barca has for the coming years and all from their own youth system.

chiba
07-14-2007, 12:14 AM
i find the game a little boring, but i imagine seing it live is always very good !!!

i'm realy waiting for mexico-argentina (again)
aguero is really awesome

for me, as i already said, the future of mexico is guardado
this guy is only 20 (could have played the sub 20) and already is titular of the national team

for real mexican fans are the best
they are sooo crazy
when the game was gone they were partying in the middle of the streets
it felt as if mexico won a world cup!!

the game was boring...but wathing it live with the mexican fans is osmething else
45,000 people attended the game
i hope this wakes up canada so that they could put some $$ in soccer
coz all the $$ is going into hockey
and well toronto has everything (minus an nfl team) those spoiled brats

nba- raptors
mlb- bluejays
nhl- maple leafs
and now part of the mls- toronto fc

its pahetic how the rest of canada doesnt have what toronto has

on anther note
congo played well vs mexico (they need better aim)
its good to see the african nations getting stronger^O^

:mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico: :mexico:

The Hound
07-14-2007, 12:28 AM
I hear Arsenal have a first option deal in place for Dos Santos, which enabled Barca to sign Henry for a great deal less. Seeing as Arsenal already have Vela, it might not be too far fetched a notion that they'll go in for him.
Zidane won't play MLS either, he's retired and is done with the playing side of the game. Becks came out the other day saying he rathered to stay in Madrid for another 3 seasons, I'd say he's starting to have regrets over this American adventure business. If he wasn't ruled by his fame seeking wife, he'd still be at Old Trafford, and would have won the european cup again.

he stated all along he wanted to stay in madrid, real didn't want him, he signed a contract THEN madrid decided they wanted him, bunch of dumb cunts

chiba
07-14-2007, 01:27 AM
^true say

July 21 when the Galaxy take on Chelsea of the English Premier League
beckham has his work cut out for him
chelsea is gonna crush the galaxy...becks better fake an injury
lol

FrenchShin
07-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Helguerra could join Valencia. kinda sad, i like Helguerra, lots of class.

whitey
07-14-2007, 09:39 AM
i thought chelsea crush the mls allstars last year. and they lost.

there just in preseason fitness, while galaxy are in midseason. i think it will be a deece game.

FrenchShin
07-14-2007, 12:01 PM
wtf, Saragossa paid the 6 million-clause to Villareal in order to sign Ayala. so it's done. lol... nice check for Villareal.

Roman Deini
07-14-2007, 12:06 PM
considering they got him for free. nice check indeed.

HANZO
07-15-2007, 05:51 PM
shockin performance by argentina. they always choke when they play brazil.

HANZO
07-15-2007, 06:03 PM
argentina sucked in the final, they had 2 shots on goal, one hit the post the other was a save. other than dat they did nothing. whenever they went forward u only saw tevev, messi and riquelme upfront against the entire brazilian back 4 and brazils midfield. the result was that everytime messi had the ball he was surrounded by 3 brazilians instantly without an argentine in sight to help out. i find this incredible when argentina were by far the best team in the tournament.

credit to brazil they win at the right moments.

ronaldo6
07-15-2007, 08:56 PM
poor argentina tonight,didnt expect that scoreline

chiba
07-17-2007, 12:41 AM
argentina was a good team on paper (just how brazil was the best team on paper in WC 06)

i thought it wouldve been a close game
even gone to penalties

Dunga did a great job to shut down riquelme messi and tevez
i saw that own goal comin coz of the way ayala kept clearing the ball
i think dunga kept his best tactics for the final

brazils B squad over argies A team

did anybody else have trouble login into the site??

they seem to have put an (-) between wutang and corp

The Hound
07-17-2007, 02:39 AM
there was always a - between wutang and corp lol

i told yas argentina would fuck up, choke merchants

chiba
07-17-2007, 01:04 PM
i dont think argentina choked they were just outplayed
and they pretty much gave up after the 2nd and 3rd goals

chiba
07-17-2007, 05:24 PM
pizzaro to chelsea

36chambers
07-17-2007, 06:10 PM
^^happened some time last month. We'll see how he does in England.

whitey
07-19-2007, 08:34 PM
mls allstars are playing celtic tongiht, ill report back after the game.

HANZO
07-19-2007, 08:46 PM
i been reading in english newspapers about how much the galaxy suck. one paper said that they were no better than a sunday morning english pub team, lol. for real are they that bad???

chiba
07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
^ yeah they arnt even the top of the division
somewhere in like the bottom

http://web.mlsnet.com/standings/

chiba
07-20-2007, 12:19 AM
celtic lost to the allstars 2-0

goals by colombians Juan Pablo Angel and Juan Toja

The Hound
07-20-2007, 02:50 AM
i dont think argentina choked they were just outplayed
and they pretty much gave up after the 2nd and 3rd goals

no they choked they should of pumped an under performing brazil, argies always choke

whitey
07-20-2007, 03:37 PM
i been reading in english newspapers about how much the galaxy suck. one paper said that they were no better than a sunday morning english pub team, lol. for real are they that bad???

eh there like 3-5-4 something like that. the mls isnt like the prem though. where the top team of say man u is miles and miles ahead of the bottom shit eaters you know what im saying. id be willing to say the best mls team is a mid table workman like epl team, and the bottom feeder mls teams are championship calliber clubs.

and for the mls allstars v. celtic...in the first half the mls really dominated. worked celtic around the pitch. the best player on the celtic team was the goalie, because he had to just keep making save after save. celtics forwards barley saw the ball in the first half. the second half was a little more even. but nothing too threatnining from celtic. mls also missed a penalty, and had a questionable offsides goal taken back. so it easily could have been 4-0. which i htink is a credit to the mls, the top mls players arent world class, but they definatly are not scrubs. a lot could be good role players on mid table clubs across europe.

and it doesnt look like becks is playing against chelsea saturday. he shouldnt risk it though. no need.

whitey
07-21-2007, 10:07 PM
According to the latest transfer gossip in Italy, Milan supremo Silvio Berlusconi is ready to green-light an incredible 125m Euro offer for Ronaldinho, in order to take advantage of the Brazilian mega-star's buy-out clause at Barcelona.

THAT WOULD BE FUCKING SICK. The brazilian trio just killing kids up top.

But anyways Chelsea beats Galaxy 1-0. Chelsea dominated posession but didnt really capitalize. Galaxy had a real good chance to make it 1-1 on a Donavan header, but he missed, no suprise. I thought the scoreline was gonna be a lot worse, o well. Becks got like 13 minutes at the end. Mostly for show as his ankle was still bothering him. Im looking forward to seeing him fit.

The Hound
07-21-2007, 10:14 PM
lol an MLS team would struggle in league two in england let alone the premiership

whitey
07-21-2007, 10:27 PM
i think thats a misconception. the league is better than most people think. i dont think its necessarily worse than smaller european leagues.

whitey
07-22-2007, 01:48 PM
The Toffees came unstuck in Utah as David Moyes's Everton side lost the first game of their 2007 United States tour 2-0 to Real Salt Lake.

preseason and all for everton but still, are "league two" sides beating premiership clubs in preseason friendlys?

whitey
07-23-2007, 11:29 AM
chicago fire ties celtic 1-1. blanco scores in his fire debut.

whitey
07-24-2007, 12:15 PM
looks like denilson (yes that denilson) is going to sign with FC Dallas of the mls. they just have to agree on wages.

Roman Deini
07-24-2007, 02:53 PM
shady man kia joorachbian. read an article on him with his connections and all. one of them is mr roman abramovich. if i can find the article i'll post it.

Ok I found the articles about him. Seems he is the middle man of Berezovsky. Bigtime dude from Russia who left cause of some troubles with Putin.

http://www.sambafoot.co.uk/articles/118_MSI_the_Corinthians_Russian_connection_page_1. html
http://www.sambafoot.co.uk/articles/48_The_Truth_behind_Corinthians_Millions_page_1.ht ml

whitey
07-24-2007, 04:24 PM
annnnd DC United want Veron, said to pay him 20 mil for image and everything. but he rejected it, as of now, althought he said maybe in december or next year. that would be sick. MLS starting to step there game up. That is my main problem with the league, who wants to go watch a bunch of joe shmoes. When they start bringing in older but talented guys, it gets people out to see it. they bring in more money, then they can bring in younger guys in their primes and what not....hopefully.

chiba
07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
wow denislson
whatever happened to him
he was a siiick player still

mls steppin up their game for sure
they be givin euro teams some problems

HANZO
07-25-2007, 05:12 PM
i highly doubt the mls will even challenge euro teams. euro teams = different class. picking up washed up veterans aint gettin you nowhere look at qatar, bahrain and the emirates. u need to develop your own talent and your own style of football to compete with the euro teams.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-25-2007, 07:48 PM
^ I agree, the lure isn't there for youth players, and the domstic game isn't of a high enough standard yet.

On a seperate note, Corinthians have severed ties with MSI. Everyone knows they're dodgy, and Man Utd are stuck in the middle with this Tevez business. I'd much rather we got Benni McCarthy in all honesty.
Liverpool's new stadium looks nice in design, but they need to fuck off with their bids for Heinze. They're even threatening to bring the lawyers into it, which is pathetic. Its nothing personal, if Chelsea or Arsenal wanted Gabby they'd be told to fuck off too. World class players tend not to be sold to direct rivals unless they play for Inter, in which case they readily join Milan, and vise versa.

whitey
07-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Benfica has sold its captain Simao Sabrosa to Atletico Madrid for €20 million (US$27.4 million), a record for the Lisbon club.

where the rest of you fuckers been latly, been dead in here.

HANZO
07-26-2007, 02:58 PM
where the rest of you fuckers been latly, been dead in here.

football been dead lately apart from boring friendlies to watch nothing has been happening. only the asian cup going on and that aint really that interesting. the leagues will start soon along with qualifying for the champs league. the only news i heard was that berlusconi has said he aint interested in signing shevchenko.

The Hound
07-26-2007, 10:18 PM
The Toffees came unstuck in Utah as David Moyes's Everton side lost the first game of their 2007 United States tour 2-0 to Real Salt Lake.

preseason and all for everton but still, are "league two" sides beating premiership clubs in preseason friendlys?

id love to see how they'd go againts everton 15 games into the premiership.

The Hound
07-26-2007, 10:20 PM
football been dead lately apart from boring friendlies to watch nothing has been happening. only the asian cup going on and that aint really that interesting. the leagues will start soon along with qualifying for the champs league. the only news i heard was that berlusconi has said he aint interested in signing shevchenko.

asian cup has been good. dont hate, appreciate

HANZO
07-27-2007, 07:32 PM
chivu moves to inter, u have to hand it to inter they do sign good players so u cant blame them for trying. not their fault that they will eventually finish behind milan and juve

The Hound
07-28-2007, 04:37 AM
chivu > inter

Not true at all. That was assumed by everyone when Roma was negotiating with Inter about Pizarro. Chivu was never brought up during those meetings. Roma even released a statement on their official website saying there is no deal between Roma and Inter for Chivu. Fact is also that he doesn't want to play for them. It's either Barcelona or he'll stay at Roma.

21/06/2007 - i told ya ;)

Frontal Lobotomy
07-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Funny thing is, Chivu wanted to join Barcelona or Real Madrid, but his agent fucked him over. A good signing for Inter all the same, as Han said it won't make much difference, without points deductions to their competitors they'll be third as usual.

whitey
07-28-2007, 07:44 AM
isnt this an interesting tidbit if it becomes true........

However, it seems the Nerazzurri have not given up the chase for the starlet, who recently impressed for USA in the U-20 World Cup. They have proposed a $6m transfer to bring Adu in for the start of the Italian season.
The deal, as claimed in the ‘Corriere dello Sport’, would see the move follow a traditional Italian route, in that Adu would ply his trade at a secondary club before stepping up to the club that actually owns him.
In this case Parma are being mooted as the club that will provide Adu with an initial testing ground.

whitey
07-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Costa Rican forward Paulo Wanchope signed Friday with Major League Soccer's Chicago Fire.

He was easily Costa Ricas best player at the world cup last year, he was pretty decent over all IMO.

Not bad, Wanchope and Blanco up top.

The Hound
07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
roque santa cruz > blackburn rovers :(

Moctezuma
07-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok I found the articles about him. Seems he is the middle man of Berezovsky. Bigtime dude from Russia who left cause of some troubles with Putin.

http://www.sambafoot.co.uk/articles/118_MSI_the_Corinthians_Russian_connection_page_1. html
http://www.sambafoot.co.uk/articles/48_The_Truth_behind_Corinthians_Millions_page_1.ht ml

quite old these articles...

corinthians and MSI broke their contract officialy a few days ago
now, with all the debts that the MSI have left, difficult days are to come for corinthians

the article compare kia with abramovitch, but for me, it is way different: abramovitch does it for the fun and because he likes football
kia and this msi wanted to make money but didn´t know anything about football...

HANZO
07-29-2007, 08:44 PM
i jus saw on a sports news channel that real madrid have made an official bid for kaka. it says £60million. thats a lot i think milan might be tempted they can make a new team with 60million. so ac milan will win serie a and milan 2 will come second. juve 3rd, inter 4th. so on.

i didnt follow the asian cup or anything but i really didnt expect iraq to win. aint it made up of amatuers or something, i kno football has its upsets but fukin come on. like andorra winning the euro. and where the hell were australia???

FrenchShin
07-30-2007, 08:34 AM
australia is not in asia, but in oceania, that's why they always play against the 4th or 5th of south america for a seat in the world cup.

and iraq may be a fucked up country, that's a fact, but they've been a nation of football for quite a few decades. quality players, love for the game, that's all they need to get back in the game.

The Hound
07-31-2007, 02:16 AM
australia is not in asia, but in oceania, that's why they always play against the 4th or 5th of south america for a seat in the world cup.

australia moved into the asian federation months ago and were knocked out by japan and some fucked up referee decisions

australia were also one of two teams to score against iraq in the tournament, although losing 3-1

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Costa Rican forward Paulo Wanchope signed Friday with Major League Soccer's Chicago Fire.

He was easily Costa Ricas best player at the world cup last year, he was pretty decent over all IMO.

Not bad, Wanchope and Blanco up top.

Remember when he first came to England with Derby. First game he somehow seemed to stagger through the entire Man U team to score. Legend.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Fuckin Wanchope, he got us when he played for City as well. Great goalsorer though.
Giuseppe Rossi is joining Villarreal , good signing for them. Even though Ayala didn't want to join them and they lost Forlan, they're still going to be a go side next season. Having Pires back to full fitness and Nihat back afte ra season out will be lke having 2 new signings. They got that young Argentine centre half Gonzalo Rodriguez on his way back as well, if their squad stay fit and they sort out their away form early on in the season they'll be conteders, regardless of the Madrid teams, Barcelona, Valencia and Zaragoza already spending a fair bit in strengthening.
Question is, will Riquelme stay or go? Or will they, or indeed anyone want him?

HANZO
07-31-2007, 03:57 PM
villareal were unlucky last season i really expected a lot from nihat and forlan. nihat started off well and his stupid injury problems came back to haunt him. then u got the riquelme problem. villareal should try everything to keep him. riquelme so underrated everyone forgets about him when there is no international tournament somewhere.

The Hound
08-01-2007, 02:11 AM
also, few days old now but santa cruz > blackburn. farewell, you did us proud, i hope he tears up the premiership hes a fucking good player but he is far too injury prone

Moctezuma
08-01-2007, 03:42 AM
nery castillo moved from olympiakos to shakthar donesk for 20 millions euros
seems a big amount for an ukranian club, but they have great champions league results lately...

FrenchShin
08-01-2007, 06:51 AM
shaktar are very well backed, financially speaking. where's aghahowa by the way ?

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-01-2007, 07:00 AM
The Castillo move is a new record for buying in ukraine and selling in Greece I believe.

The Hound
08-03-2007, 03:22 AM
sydney fc signed juninho paulista. {:( fucking stupid board buying these old cunts heading into retirement

Moctezuma
08-03-2007, 04:40 AM
where's aghahowa by the way ?

is he as good in reality as in football manager ?

FrenchShin
08-03-2007, 11:21 AM
i think not lol.

Frontal Lobotomy
08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
He's currently playing for Wigan, signed for them in january. He's alright, I always expected more of him the way his stats were stacked for champ manager and had a solid reputation for Nigeria when he was younger.

whitey
08-03-2007, 02:59 PM
finally some news out of the milan camp. they signed 'alex the duck' aka brazilian wonderkid Pato. Doesnt really help now as hes only 17/18, but give him a couple years, and i see Pato/Kaka just killing it.

Krimewave
08-03-2007, 05:11 PM
hahaha, the scum have been docked 15 points:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/6920103.stm

can't seem to wipe the smile off my face.....

whitey
08-03-2007, 08:52 PM
wow. has any club in the world fallen off as much as leeds in the last 5/6 years. Champions league semis, to league 1 docked 15 points, possibly going down to league, soon they might be in the fucking pub league.

HANZO
08-03-2007, 09:14 PM
leeds suck big time. it all started when they sold off there best players and the money from it dissapeared. this is football though anything can happen. if juventus can be playing in serie b i think anything it possible now.

champs league 3rd qualifying round draws were made. liverpool got toulouse. and if my turkish side besiktas can get by our first qualifying match up we playing fc zurich. it would be great to have 2 teams i support in the champs league. i have high hopes for my besiktas this season, we have a starting striker who is only 16, batuhan karadeniz. our new coach is giving the kid playing time in european games and will probably play him in bigger games too. im not sure if its good to play a 16 year old in big competitive games but from what i've seen of him. he is a big talent. i mean let me put it like this turkish teams never put hope in young players especially one of the big 3 clubs. to see him play is shocking. but great to see him really adapt well and play at a high level.

The Hound
08-04-2007, 01:15 AM
hahaha, the scum have been docked 15 points:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/6920103.stm

can't seem to wipe the smile off my face.....

mate. best fucking news ive herd. i hate these cocksuckers so much

i dont think people realise how much the media in australia got on the leeds united bandwagon when harry kewell was there, and to a lesser extent mark viduka. every second cunt had a harry kewell leeds shirt and every other cunt wants them dead and buried i cant wait till leeds are liquidated

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/kuztem/34.jpg

^^ ill have to update it in a minute to put LIQUIDATED

HANZO
08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
real madrid have made an offer to chelsea for robben and ballack. they offered 42million euros for both of them.

wuswordz95
08-04-2007, 05:15 PM
is eurepean football soccer if so. then. why not just make a soccer thread

HANZO
08-04-2007, 05:20 PM
is eurepean football soccer if so. then. why not just make a soccer thread

the world calls is football not soccer.

HANZO
08-04-2007, 05:54 PM
turkish super cup may not go ahead tomorrow in cologne germany. as the besiktas president has complained about the cups logo. it has the colour yellow and navy. which are the colours of the opposing team and our super rivals fenerbahce. the president said that if the logo isnt changed the team wont play. seriously we are fuking crazy this rivalry bullshit takes the piss. this is the same as fenerbahce and galatasaray refusing to play with a black and white ball. fenerbahce use their yellow and navy coloured balls. while galatasaray play with a yellow and red ball. i dnt understand why they have to start beef. the presidents of each club comes out and talks shit then u see the fans get into a medieval brawl before games, sometimes ending in deaths. this situation is as funny as fenerbahce cutting all the television cables in their stadium when they were losing a game last season and openly swearing at the president of the football federation. let alone when a fenerbahce player and a fan started punching ricardihno at the stadiums car park. the ongoing saga that it turkish football. pure viewing entertainment.

wuswordz95
08-04-2007, 11:52 PM
hey if this about what the world calls soccer then let me be the first to say something about the mexican leauge. morelia monarchs are gonna take it. okay probally not. mexican leaugue isnt that bad . its better then the mls, from what I was told. I really dont watch football. a lot of mexian football fans say that the english premier leauge is the best.

HANZO
08-05-2007, 02:18 PM
hey if this about what the world calls soccer then let me be the first to say something about the mexican leauge. morelia monarchs are gonna take it. okay probally not. mexican leaugue isnt that bad . its better then the mls, from what I was told. I really dont watch football. a lot of mexian football fans say that the english premier leauge is the best.

mexico produces very good players, but they jus dnt get good exposure in the big european leagues, the national team is very good but they just lack the real world star talent to win them championships. hopefully dos santos of barcelona will change all that he a real big prospect. i would say the best league changes between the premier league and the spanish la liga. the italian serie a is good but most ppl dnt like it because they assume all the games are 0-0 draws. i would also rate the german bundesliga for entertainment value.

whitey
08-05-2007, 04:32 PM
atheltico madrid are gonna suprise some people im saying it right now. they brought in simao, forlan, reyes, and luis garcia this summer. those are all ballers right there. they are better off with these guys than without them and with torres. im saying top 4 in spain for them.

Moctezuma
08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
mexico produces very good players, but they jus dnt get good exposure in the big european leagues, the national team is very good but they just lack the real world star talent to win them championships. hopefully dos santos of barcelona will change all that he a real big prospect.

in PSV, netherland champion, you have salcido which may be captain of the team this year (he was in the some pre season games)
and stuttgart, german champion, pardo who made very good job all the past year

and really, as i already said, i would bet on guardado, in la coruña, hope he's going to confirm all his talent, this young has great future, and he can be a world star talent

big problem with mexican players is their salary, which is almost at the european levels...

JackOfHearts
08-05-2007, 05:28 PM
TOON ARMY

NEWCASTLE UNITED

THERES ONLY ONE SMUDGEY ONLY ONE SMUDGEY ONLY ONE SMUDGEYYYYYY

alan smith, cacapa, barton, geremi, viduka, enrique(maybe) and rozenhal....not to mention big sam allardye...

toon army r on the up!

wuswordz95
08-05-2007, 05:43 PM
mexico produces very good players, but they jus dnt get good exposure in the big european leagues, the national team is very good but they just lack the real world star talent to win them championships. hopefully dos santos of barcelona will change all that he a real big prospect. i would say the best league changes between the premier league and the spanish la liga. the italian serie a is good but most ppl dnt like it because they assume all the games are 0-0 draws. i would also rate the german bundesliga for entertainment value.

thanks for the info

The Hound
08-06-2007, 02:00 AM
the bundesliga is the most underrated league going around. ethically it is the best. it's the best administrated league. the problem is this whole financial shit they got going on which basically prevents clubs from spending out too much money and going into debt and financial receivership which is why alot of young africans come through the ranks before heading off to the big boys. if bundesliga clubs were able to splash out money like italian english and spanish clubs do they'd be more of a force. alot of you people should really give it a chance it's very entertaining football. also i might add french ligue 1 is quite entertaining. spewing they don't show it down here anymore

The Hound
08-06-2007, 03:48 AM
http://tinyurl.com/39ogjv
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20070805/all/l2679002.jpg

Moctezuma
08-06-2007, 04:45 AM
the bundesliga is the most underrated league going around. ethically it is the best. it's the best administrated league. the problem is this whole financial shit they got going on which basically prevents clubs from spending out too much money and going into debt and financial receivership which is why alot of young africans come through the ranks before heading off to the big boys. if bundesliga clubs were able to splash out money like italian english and spanish clubs do they'd be more of a force. alot of you people should really give it a chance it's very entertaining football. also i might add french ligue 1 is quite entertaining. spewing they don't show it down here anymore

and our situation is almost the same, the financial control is very strong, and if a team had the same situation than barcelona for example, it would already be out of the first league...
when your financial situation is a little critical, they forbid you to buy players

the great difference between france and most of the other countries is the homogeneity of the championship, because even team in the 18th or 19th position are strong and hard to beat
when you see team in that positions in england or spain, i think the french equivalent kill them...

The Hound
08-06-2007, 05:34 AM
same thing with bundesliga. in recent years, bayern aside, there has almost been totaly different teams in the champions league. much more open league than the big 3

Frontal Lobotomy
08-06-2007, 06:51 AM
when you see team in that positions in england or spain, i think the french equivalent kill them...

I think not, the English Championship (old div 1/2) is stronger than most of europe's top divisions. If Ligue 1 were that strong a league, Lyon wouldn't win it every year as a formality, and they wouldn't bottle it in europe when they come up against a resilient side.

Oh, and before I forget, if Die Bundesliga has regulations in place to prevent clubs going into masses of debt - why are Borussia Dortmand in millions of pounds of debt? I'm sure it applies to the likes of Kaiserslauten and Frankfurt as well, though I'm not completely certain with those 2.

The Hound
08-07-2007, 02:55 AM
because dortmund arent in financial receivership due to over spending like the big clubs are and are actually steadily improving their financial situations

and your argument about the french league is the same about the english, italian and spanish. and lyon actually do good in europe

Frontal Lobotomy
08-07-2007, 08:01 AM
I didn't say Lyon didn't do well, I said they bottle it. And thats normally due to the lack of competition in their domestic league. The same thing was with England, when Man Utd dominated in the mid-late 90s, the lack of strong competitors in the league leaves a side lacking both technically and psychoogically going in to european games.

whitey
08-07-2007, 11:32 AM
because dortmund arent in financial receivership due to over spending like the big clubs are and are actually steadily improving their financial situations

and your argument about the french league is the same about the english, italian and spanish. and lyon actually do good in europe

when?

HANZO
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
lyon are solid in europe. they could be much better if they didnt have sold half there squad to the big european sides. think if they kept all there players. lyon would be solid challengers for the champs league. they do a lot with the minor budget they got compared to the other champs league sides. same goes for fc porto, they always push the bigger european sides with there low budget to.

whitey
08-07-2007, 05:52 PM
solid, is not good though. you gotta win something or atleast go to some finals.

The Hound
08-08-2007, 02:10 AM
when?

lyon obviously don't have the financial backing of silvio burlesconi do they? not every team's objection is to win the champions league believe it or not

ironmantis
08-08-2007, 06:33 AM
not sure how well they're gonna do, but I liked the look of Paris St. Germain. They were very entertaining to watch in The Emirates cup.

Peace

HANZO
08-08-2007, 11:31 AM
tonearm thats a real nice antijuve sig.

and your right about lyon, they dnt aim to win the champs league, everyseason the further they go the more they over-acheive. plus lyon are a profitable team, look at all the players they brought up and sold for a big price.

whitey
08-08-2007, 12:09 PM
leeds gotten to the semis in 01. monaco the finals, porto won it in 04. bayern leverkussen was there in 02. valencias been to the finals too this decade.

None of those clubs are bigger than Lyon, or had as many good players as Lyon. Im not saying they are not good. They are, their domestic dominance proves that. But you can't say they do good in europe when, they dont do good in europe. They do okay in europe.

HANZO
08-08-2007, 12:40 PM
leeds gotten to the semis in 01. monaco the finals, porto won it in 04. bayern leverkussen was there in 02. valencias been to the finals too this decade.

None of those clubs are bigger than Lyon, or had as many good players as Lyon. Im not saying they are not good. They are, their domestic dominance proves that. But you can't say they do good in europe when, they dont do good in europe. They do okay in europe.

apart from porto and valencia, look at the other teams now. but u make a good point.

FrenchShin
08-08-2007, 05:53 PM
about Atletico, being 4th would be a failure... in Spain, you gotta catch the podium to get some respect, and beat Real or Barça to be considered seriously by both those teams.
considering the harsh relations between Atletico and Real, and all the players Atletico bought, the season would be successful for them if they finished before Real. nothing else.

The Hound
08-09-2007, 04:38 AM

they all had fluke seasons, none of them have recaptured anything to write home about. atleast lyon are consistantly there and match it with the big boys regularly.

and thank you HAN88 i enjoy my new sig;)