PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-15-2008, 03:58 PM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8824/avramgrantsnewformationys0.gif

whitey
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
^ hey the man knows his shit, what can i say.

HANZO
04-15-2008, 07:47 PM
hahahaha that avram one kills me. why would he leave chelsea the guys tactics are supreme.

The Hound
04-15-2008, 07:52 PM
naw ... schalke haven't really been good this year ... they went further in europe than they should of ... there's a high chance they can miss europe all together next year and they're notorious chokers at back end of the year ... just check last year or i think it was about 2000,2001 when they slipped up on the last day and bayern scored in the 94th minute in their game to win the league by a point ...

LMAO @ krimewave's post

HANZO
04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
schalke have potential but they just not consistant at all. they suffer from Kuranyi being kinda useless.

The Hound
04-15-2008, 08:11 PM
kuranyi is pretty good ... how he missed world cup selection is beyond ridiculous ... he's out confidence and needs a transfer badly ... he's definately not happy where he is

whitey
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
anyone know anything about the 10 shirt from the russian team left in the uefa cup? i only saw him in some highlights but i liked what i saw.

and does anyone know about how Jo` is doing on sparta moscow, i think that is the team he plays for. i remember him in the u20 world cup and just remember thinking this guy is going to be really good some day. obviously he was young, i would think he gets bought by someone big in the next couple years. same with vagner love, although i feel he is a lot more hype than substance.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-15-2008, 11:32 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/jr4r3s.jpg

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha

chiba
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/jr4r3s.jpg

:hooray: I LOVE IT!!!!
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

HANZO
04-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Toni strikes again, Bayern moves 10 points ahead. Bundesliga wrapped up now.

Valencia win the Spanish cup. they have had a shit year but valencia still got some silverware.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Nakamura's goal for Celtic against Rangers last night was a bit special. This guy only seems to score spectacular goals.

bi2x5Yz8oHo

The Hound
04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Toni strikes again, Bayern moves 10 points ahead. Bundesliga wrapped up now.

haha ... ALMOST ... seen schalke choke many times ... toni got a double ... 20 league goals ... 33 all up

whitey
04-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Nakamura's goal for Celtic against Rangers last night was a bit special. This guy only seems to score spectacular goals.

bi2x5Yz8oHo

sick shit with the master blaster

The Hound
04-17-2008, 11:20 PM
http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/news/2008/15939.php?fcb_sid=c2ab0e206c3660b9c5c18258bcf0a42f

^^ good read about luca toni ... sure whitey will enjoy it ... i didn't realise he was leading goal scorer in the bundesliga ... 33 goals in 40 games is incredibile statistics ... i'd orgasm a thousand times over to of had luca toni in this form with giovane elber

Longbongcilvaringz
04-18-2008, 06:29 AM
The EPL title is still up for grabs, not that im interested apart from the fact i want my Fantasy team to kill the remaining weeks.

Resting players is becoming ridiculous, talk of large scale at Liverpool and other EPL in the light of UCL fixtures virtually 2 weeks later.

I really hope Liverpool somehow get over taken by Everton, although its extremely unlikely.

I guess these days professional sportsmen dont want to play if they can avoid it.

whitey
04-18-2008, 06:30 AM
good read indeed. really pisses me off berlisconi did not want to buy him in the summer. none the less, still one of my favorite players. hopefully he can help bring home the euro championship in a couple months.

The Hound
04-18-2008, 12:30 PM
milan could of done with a world class striker ... for mine gilardino isn't up to it ... ronaldo with a shit knee means they're in the hunt big time ... i would bet my house milan by twice as many players at the rest of the big teams ... i sure hope to christ flamini doesn't go to bayern the nuffy is shit ... i hope we keep lucio too the guy is a fucking machine ... best centre back in the world in my biased opinion

HANZO
04-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Avram Grants interview yesterday after the Chelsea game was classic. he replied "i dnt kno" to every question. guys clueless i swear he didnt realise they won the game.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM
hahahhahahaa

The Hound
04-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Avram Grants interview yesterday after the Chelsea game was classic. he replied "i dnt kno" to every question. guys clueless i swear he didnt realise they won the game.

A deserved win Avram?
Grant said: 'Yes.'

What particularly pleased you about the performance?
'I'm pleased.'

What in particular pleased you?
After an eight second delay: 'I don't know.'

Is it a relief to win here?
'Yes.'

You seem lost for words by the performance. Are you more satisfied with the performance or the victory?
'Both.'

You seem distracted. Do you have a problem?
'No problem.'

Is there an issue?
'No. I'm ok. I have nothing to say.'

Do you have a message for the Chelsea fans?
'You represent the Chelsea fans?'

They must believe you are still in the title race, do you have a message for them?
'No message.'

Does this result mean you are back in it now?
'I don't know.'

How many steps have you climbed to undertake this press conference?
'I don't know.'

You seem less voluble than usual. Is it because of Sky TV moving the game to a Thursday?
'Maybe it's because of you. I don't know. I am ok.'

You are saying that you don't know if you are still in the title race?
'No.' Is it easier to say nothing Avram?
'I don't what to answer. It is a good question. I don't know what to answer.'

Is this because of Sky?
'No. Sky is ok. I enjoy watching them.'

Is it a protest against newspapers?
'No. Why?'

Why else would you come in and refuse to answer our questions?
'I answer every question.'

You are two points behind Manchester United and you don't know if you are still in the title race?
'No.'

Have you told the players that you don't know if you are back in the title race?
'What I tell the players is something else. You want me to tell you what I say to the players?'

We just want you to answer the question really. Are you in the title race?
'I don't know.'

Would you not like to gain some positive publicity for the result rather than this bizarre silence?
'I'm sorry. You can write whatever you want and I can answer what I want.'

Do you feel under pressure to deliver a trophy. Is that the reason for the monosyllabic answers?
'No.'

Are you upset? Do you feel you have been misrepresented?
'Maybe I have said because it is a bad season.'

Did Michael Essien faint?
'He had some problems, but he is ok.'

Michael Ballack?
'Injured.'

What's his problem?
'Ask the doctor.'

He's not here Avram.
'Well call him then.'

Have you ever played the yes/no game Avram?

LOL mad cunt ... i don't think he's clueless there but probably more pissed off with the media

Longbongcilvaringz
04-18-2008, 11:33 PM
bahaha

The Hound
04-19-2008, 12:02 AM
the funny thing is ... it looks asif he's going to keep his job for next year LOL ... chel$ki are going to go on a massive spending spree ... again ... they should look to bayern to see how it's done ... when you sign players you actually have to cut players aswell ... and you should be signing players in positions you're lacking in quality ... bayern didn't have quality wingers only salihamidzic and schweinsteiger ... sali left and now we have altintop, ribery and ze roberto along with schweinie ... chel$ki just buy who ever is good and work it out later ...

Longbongcilvaringz
04-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah, Chelsea just like to go after premier players regardless of it they actually fit into the team line up.

Meaning Shevchenko's (and others) skill is negated because they are forced to play in positions which dont suit their style, or within game structures which dont cater towards their style.

You cant just transplant a good player from one team structure, and expect them to play exactly the same in another.

I need opinions on whether Gerrard will be rested, and whether Arsenal will be playing youngers lads in favour of goal fests against weak teams in the run home.

thoughts?

The Hound
04-19-2008, 01:04 AM
i haven't heard anything official but i would imagine liverpool have their man focus on the UCL ... so it's highly likely there will be a re shuffle ... whether it's gerrard i'm not sure

as for arsenal ... LOL ... they're still wondering how it went to shit ... i'd imagine they'll play full strength for the rest just to carry some form into nxt year ... ultimate choke

Longbongcilvaringz
04-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Yeah im thinking Arsenal will attempt to get second spot to avoid annoying qualifying next season, but the Chelsea win makes that look unlikely.

Im expecting a second string Liverpool team, which is ridiculous, but thats the way it goes..

6² Chambaz
04-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Yeah im thinking Arsenal will attempt to get second spot to avoid annoying qualifying next season, but the Chelsea win makes that look unlikely.

Im expecting a second string Liverpool team, which is ridiculous, but thats the way it goes..

With the team they have, I feel Liverpool should have the 2nd spot at least

The Hound
04-19-2008, 03:02 AM
chel$ki is in a catch twenty two though ... realistically they won't win the league but mathematicaly they can ... but they're in a strong position to win the champions league ... with important league games coming up do they put all their eggs in the european basket or do they try and rest a few players here and there but keep the core of their team ?? ... liverpool on the other hand know that CL is all they've got so you can expect a weakened side

HANZO
04-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Man utd lucky to draw i didnt see the game but man utd fans blaming the ref.

now they only 3 points up. maybe its not over just yet.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Rooney should have got sent off with that waist high slide tackle ????????
Shit makes me laugh sometimes !!!!!!!

HANZO
04-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Luca Toni scores 2 in the German cup final. Bayern win it 2-1 over Dortmund. the guys a goal machine.

whitey
04-19-2008, 09:32 PM
if luca was playing in the champions league i think he would have a good chance of beating ronaldo for player of the year. he still might in my opinion. albeit a small one. if bayern win the the treble, a bit lesser because its eufa cup but still, and man u ends up winning nothing, i think there may be a chance. he is carrying bayern right now.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-20-2008, 02:45 AM
i dont know about that, Ronaldo has been amazing this season, as much as i hate to admit it.

28 goals as a midfielder in the EPL alone, and thats with missing a fair few games.

but yeah, maybe if Bayern had been more involved in european competition, toni would have been more highly regarded.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-20-2008, 02:46 AM
oh yeah, and fuck Liverpool.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/robbielee7/Arsenalpartyboys.gif

The Hound
04-20-2008, 05:02 AM
2-1 in the cup final ... 1 down ... 1 almost assured with 1 to go ...

i think ronaldo has to get the player of the year ... nobody is matching him, not ronnie, messi, kaka no one ... i doubt if we were in the CL he'd get it ... he's put in solid work in the uefa cup ... he had a bare patch in the middle of the season but he's coming good again ... 4 braces in the space of about 8 days lol i think his goal count is up to 35 now ...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-20-2008, 05:34 PM
lol, Inter won!

they are 6 points ahead of Roma, and 4 games to go. The Scudetto is Inter's!! I mean OURS muahahahhahhaha

ah great moment for me. plus seeing AC Milan faaaaar behind me....couldn't be better

chiba
04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
i dont know about that, Ronaldo has been amazing this season, as much as i hate to admit it.

28 goals as a midfielder in the EPL alone, and thats with missing a fair few games.

but yeah, maybe if Bayern had been more involved in european competition, toni would have been more highly regarded.

ronaldo has been a beast
the thing is i bet they will find a way to screw him over
probably give the award to 'el nino' torres

i dont know how bayern doesnt do well in the ucl
they have a good squad on paper

whitey
04-20-2008, 09:05 PM
ronaldo has been a beast
the thing is i bet they will find a way to screw him over
probably give the award to 'el nino' torres

i dont know how bayern doesnt do well in the ucl
they have a good squad on paper

can't do very well in a competition your not in...

The Hound
04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
lol ... alot of people underestimate how we've done in the champions league this decade ... we've been more consistent than the likes of inter, manchester united, arsenal, barcelona ... but it doesn't help having an inept manager like felix magath completely fuck your team from the ground up over the space of 2 years ... but it also didn't help that the board used to bury their head in the sand with their refusal to splash some cash ... missing the champions league was a blessing in disguise ... if we make the CL we don't go out and sign toni, klose, altintop, ribery, jansen, schlaudraff ... re-sign ze roberto and cut some dead wood from the team like owen hargraeves ... we probably would of sold hargreves and salihamidzic and just straight replaced them ... add borowski for next season and a goal keeper and possibly a defender for the likely departure of van buyten and i think we've got a side who if fit and firing will challenge for the CL

Krimewave
04-22-2008, 12:52 PM
lol ... alot of people underestimate how we've done in the champions league this decade ... we've been more consistent than the likes of inter, manchester united, arsenal, barcelona ... but it doesn't help having an inept manager like felix magath completely fuck your team from the ground up over the space of 2 years ... but it also didn't help that the board used to bury their head in the sand with their refusal to splash some cash ... missing the champions league was a blessing in disguise ... if we make the CL we don't go out and sign toni, klose, altintop, ribery, jansen, schlaudraff ... re-sign ze roberto and cut some dead wood from the team like owen hargraeves ... we probably would of sold hargreves and salihamidzic and just straight replaced them ... add borowski for next season and a goal keeper and possibly a defender for the likely departure of van buyten and i think we've got a side who if fit and firing will challenge for the CL

no one's been more consistent than Man Utd in the CL so far this season.

HANZO
04-22-2008, 01:08 PM

his going on about consistancy over a long time period. not talking about jus this season.

champs league tonight. im predicting a liverpool - man utd final.

HANZO
04-22-2008, 02:28 PM
what was the Chelsea defense doing. Dnt matter KUYT!!!! 1-0 liverpool.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Kuyt, crazy motherf.... running through the whole pitch again

HANZO
04-22-2008, 03:38 PM
omg Riise you stupid Norwegian. kick the fukin ball out, dnt header it in your own net in the 95th minute.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-22-2008, 03:56 PM
if I'm not mistaken, that was so funny.... [for me, cuz I don't root for no team left]

chiba
04-22-2008, 04:08 PM
riise is gonna get shot!!!
or he was bribed by Abramovich to throw the game

whitey
04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
avram grant, what a manager, tatical substitutions leads to goal. cant dog the god.

The Hound
04-22-2008, 08:39 PM
haha i wake up to see riise fail his team again ... this guy is a fucking joke ... even funnier was his pay cheque he left at a pub lol i would of cut this useless idiot a long time ago he hasn't done anything for a good 4 years ... still liverpool can go to stamford and do the business ... maybe it's a blessing knowng you HAVE to score rather than taking a 1-0 and saying "do we just hold out or do we try and score and possibly open up our defence" and be caught in two minds n shit ...

i'm talking about in champions league this deacade ... only say liverpool, milan or real madrid have continually gone deep in the tournament as us ... we got a semi finals, few quarter finals ,won it ... we done alright but people seem to forget it:? ... but this year yes man u got it covered

The Hound
04-22-2008, 11:12 PM
haha we paid less than 10m euro for luca toni LOL no WAY will the board sell him for anything that isn't atleast 15 ... although age might be a problem but it's good to see the board are talking about luca toni like "in future years" because rumours were rife real madrid were making a swoop for him and lucio ...

any other gems like toni in the serie that will come cheap ?? preferably replacements for podolski, lahm, lucio, schweinisteiger and a reserve goal keeper ... our team better win champions league next year coz we gonna get picked apart

whitey
04-23-2008, 04:12 PM
"best team in europe" manchester U...only could possess the ball 35% of the game.

"best player in the world" C. ronaldo misses a penal and was basically invisible most of the game.

HANZO
04-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Barca controlled that game but couldnt do anything offensively. Man Utd defended really well.

Barca's ball movement is unmatched though, real slick.

C.Ronaldo was schooled by Zambrotta. he didnt do much but complain and miss a penalty. Not a pretty game though, i think Man Utd played for a draw they showed no intent in going forward.

whitey
04-23-2008, 08:14 PM
0 intent on going forward. when you bring rooney and tevez back to midfielders and almost backs, you are not trying to score. barca for me lacked pace in their ball movement. they were controlling the game very nice, but when there was a glimmer of space they didnt really run at the defence to exploit it. barley any wing play to try and get endline and cross the ball in. i think henry should have played from the start as well.

to me barca really miss ronnie (at his peak) for someone to create something special in the middle of the park 30 yards and in, weither it be a great pass, shot, free kick, ect. it was too stagnant.

second leg should be interesting, messi a week fitter.

The Hound
04-23-2008, 10:33 PM
haven't watched it but it seems asif untied let barca do what they want ... reaaaally should of scored ... i don't think either side is in the box seat for the return leg and maybe only 1 goal tops will be scored ... you're right with mess ^^ one more week of fitness and another la liga fixture to get in his groove should do him good ...

tomorrow is bayern v zenit ... really tricky fixture this because what i saw of them against leverkusen in this first leg they got some pace out wide ... toni is suspended so we gotta really on the klose/podolski show who haven't done much all season ... MVB has a broken nose i think but he's soldiering on ... schweinsteiger is out of sorts and we could REALLY use altintop i can't say that enough such a critical injury at a time when depth and rotation is needed :(

chiba
04-24-2008, 12:17 AM
again ronaldo when he gets frustrated he plays like crap and complains too much
i dunno how he missed that penalty
he still has alot of growing up to do

man u played like crap and dint create much chances for tevez or ronaldo
ronaldo was playing striker and rooney was on the flanks
what was up with that???????
man u didnt play their game at all

i dunno why they took off messi
if they wouldve kept him on then im sure barca wouldve scored
and henry looked dangerous near the end
barca really could use ronnie in that midfield

next weeks games should be interesting & entertaining

The Hound
04-24-2008, 01:11 AM
tomorrow mornings side to face zenit:

kahh; lell, lucio, demichelis, lahm; schweinsteiger, van bommel, ze roberto, ribery; podolski, klose

both teams have contrasting form in the last 5 games ... we've gone: W3-1, D3-3, W5-0, W3-1, W2-1 ... and zenit have gone W4-1, D2-2, L1-0, D1-1, D1-1 ... hopefully we can keep our roll going

christian lell has to be the biggest surprise packet of the season ... he's pretty much gone from like 3rd choice at best for bayern to a possible bolter for germany's euro 2008 campaign ... he's kept marcell jansen out of the team alot and i've basically forgotten that sagnol is even there although if willy wasn't injured he'd probably play alot more ... good to see our depth hold it's own ... players like ottl and toni kroos aswell ...

flamini looks like he's on the way out for reasons other than money :S then why leave if money isn't the issue ?? players get so bitchy these days ... look for him to move to juve ... not that arsenal will care they'll replace him no doubt

whitey
04-24-2008, 06:25 AM
the 10 shirt on Zenit is good. he should be the guy BM try and stop.

sucks toni is suspended. ribery and klose are gonna have to step it up.

in the other game i like mutu to do rangers dirty.

The Hound
04-24-2008, 06:35 AM
mutu's goal last week was special ... watch for rangers to kick and hack their way against fiorentina the scottish way ... it's the only way they know how

whitey
04-24-2008, 11:53 AM
i read an article about tottenham and man city back in for ronaldinho because milan isnt sure if they want to pay sure a high fee for him.

are those clubs serious. this is a 2 time world player of the year. in his prime years. and hes going to go to some mid table premier team? get the fuck out of here with that.

The Hound
04-24-2008, 01:53 PM
i read only man citeh were interested didn't hear about spurs ...

im fucking drunk as fuck 4 53 am and SBS and ESPN have rangers v fiorentina im so fucking agry AAAARGH

HANZO
04-24-2008, 03:50 PM
well bayern draw with zenit. Lucio scored an own goal. well now toni will jus have to work his magic in the away leg.

fiorentina and rangers draw to. dull game.

wats up with these semi-finals. champs league and uefa cup in total out of 4 game we get 4 goals.

The Hound
04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
lol how wack are we ?? ... 0-0 in russia i guarentee ... glad it wasnt on live ... time for bed i think

chiba
04-25-2008, 12:19 AM
i read an article about tottenham and man city back in for ronaldinho because milan isnt sure if they want to pay sure a high fee for him.

are those clubs serious. this is a 2 time world player of the year. in his prime years. and hes going to go to some mid table premier team? get the fuck out of here with that.

i find it weird too!!
but i thinkk it would be a better move for him coz if u look at milan
their midfield is pretty solid, theres enough talent there (seedorf, kaka, gattuoso, pirlo etc).

ronaldinho needs a team where he can be the star and run that midfield
i think ronni wouldnt have much creativity in a milan midfield

plus i doubt he will party in england coz theres more pubs than clubs there
so he will be ontop of his game
lol

whitey
04-25-2008, 06:16 AM
^no doubt.

for ronaldinho to be his most effective, he needs to be in the middle of the park. with no defensive responsibilities. he needs to be able to get the ball A LOT. you can see the trouble with him at barca started to emerge when messi started to blow up. that forced him out on the wing. hes not a winger. hes a play maker, play makers need to be in the middle of the park. middle of the park means more of the ball, more of the ball means higher probability he is going to do some sick shit.

The Hound
04-25-2008, 06:48 AM
^^ all stems from barca being shit defensively they've got nothing at the back ...

LOL @ the idiots who read uefa.com voting abidal the best left back in the world over lahm ... what a joke ... the board withdrew their offer for lahms contract extension ... yo PEOPLE i told you's before time began that at the end of next season lahm will sign with barca on a free tranfser ... THAT-SHIT-WILL-HAPPEN!!! ...

jan schlaudraff leaves to go to hanover ... our team is being picked apart already

6² Chambaz
04-25-2008, 07:09 AM
all I can say is that this week's CL was boring as hell... Which isn't bad, cause it's going to make next week awesome !

The Hound
04-25-2008, 07:23 AM
xKuLtLXl7FI

^^ referee fucked up bad ... happens about 1:30 in

chiba
04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
^no doubt.

for ronaldinho to be his most effective, he needs to be in the middle of the park. with no defensive responsibilities. he needs to be able to get the ball A LOT. you can see the trouble with him at barca started to emerge when messi started to blow up. that forced him out on the wing. hes not a winger. hes a play maker, play makers need to be in the middle of the park. middle of the park means more of the ball, more of the ball means higher probability he is going to do some sick shit.

exactly !!!!! :b:b:b

barca is doin the same thing with henry
playin him where he shouldnt be

whitey
04-25-2008, 11:25 AM
^ this is true my dude.

they dont want to unsettle eto'o and move him out of position, but unsettle henry and put him out on the left. i dont get it. why bring the guy in and than not use him properly, why even bring him in? same thing with sheva.

thats the one thing i worry about with ronaldinho at milan. they already have kaka. plus pato. plus serforf (who honestly i think may leave if ronnie comes in). plus they want to bring in a top class striker like drogba, or rudd (they would be my top 2. fit milans system perfect, a point man to hold possession and finish easy goals from ronnie and kaka). i just worry if having the both kaka and ronnie in there it will end up like messi and ronnie in that sense. just not enough of the ball to go around.

The Hound
04-25-2008, 11:32 AM
i can see ronnie going to the premierleague ... i'd like to see him there ... lol imagine ronnie at citeh ... thatd be like pele at norwich city

HANZO
04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Ronnie at city would be a joke. watch Inter get Ronnie.

chiba
04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
^ this is true my dude.

they dont want to unsettle eto'o and move him out of position, but unsettle henry and put him out on the left. i dont get it. why bring the guy in and than not use him properly, why even bring him in? same thing with sheva.

thats the one thing i worry about with ronaldinho at milan. they already have kaka. plus pato. plus serforf (who honestly i think may leave if ronnie comes in). plus they want to bring in a top class striker like drogba, or rudd (they would be my top 2. fit milans system perfect, a point man to hold possession and finish easy goals from ronnie and kaka). i just worry if having the both kaka and ronnie in there it will end up like messi and ronnie in that sense. just not enough of the ball to go around.

couldnt agree more

milan does need a goood striker like drogba or ruud
i heard shevshenko is goin back to milan

i would like ronny in milan coz they have a good training system
and they would help ronny get back on his feet and become great again

i dunno if ronny will go to man city
but im pretty sure he will be goin to ac milan
besides ac milan has alot of brazilians so he would love it there

The Hound
04-26-2008, 01:45 AM
one thing you guys are forgetting about citeh ... they're owned by former thai prime minister who is a multi multi millionaire ... dude has ridiculous money ... they're a team that's going to be slowly buying some of the best players ... if citeh pull off ronnie ... man liverpool might just be knocked out as the 4th best team in england ...

i'd love to see ronnie at citeh too they'd make europe for sure ... mix in elano and they'd be a force next year ... i doubt it will happen ... probably more chance of henry

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Premiership title race just got blown back open. Bet Chelsea wish they'd scored more goals along the way though.

whitey
04-26-2008, 09:43 AM
why didnt ronaldo start?

and i really hope chelsea win this league. f the man losers.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-26-2008, 09:45 AM
As I don't support any of the top 4 I'd rather see the more watchable of the top two win, which is easily Man U.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Fucking rotation bullshit again, fuck these english cunts.

whitey
04-26-2008, 12:23 PM
As I don't support any of the top 4 I'd rather see the more watchable of the top two win, which is easily Man U.

i dont want man u to win for a couple of reasons.

fox soccer channel over here makes man u out to be the best team in the world. i dont like that.

man u fans think they are the best team in the world. i dont like that.

i want manager of the year, avram grant, to take his side from 4th (i dont know for sure thats were they were when he took over, i just think thats where they were, coulda been third) to first. and for him to possibly win the champions league. ALL WITH HIM NOT KNOWING WHAT HES DOING. that is just funny to me.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-26-2008, 12:26 PM
If you watched the Carling cup final, you'd have seen why people question Grant. If he wins anything it is because of the squad he has inherited.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-26-2008, 12:37 PM
*posts imaginary avram wild hand signalling sideline gif.*

whitey
04-26-2008, 01:24 PM
If you watched the Carling cup final, you'd have seen why people question Grant. If he wins anything it is because of the squad he has inherited.

people were questioning him before that, but i get what your saying.

its just jose had the same team.

HANZO
04-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Chelsea did out play Man u today. Essien was doing alot. You can see some short glimpses of Ballack playing like he did back in Germany. and sheva, well he gets paid to warm the bench and supposedly score goals. he made a great defensive clearance from the line at the end of the game.

Barcelona lose to Deportivo. league and 2nd place seem to be gone for them. even if they manage to win the champs league i dnt see Rijkaard staying.

HANZO
04-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Man i jus came back from watching the big Turkish derby. Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce. Man that is the last time i watch a game in a bar full of these faggot fans. I mean 2 Galatasaray got stabbed here before the game started. shits fuked. ppl taking this crap too seriously, you would expect this in Istanbul, not here in London. apparently the police are planning to ban turkish matches being aired in bars here now.

well Galatasaray won the match. 1-0 they go top of the league 3 points clear of Fenerbahce, shit getting tight.

whitey
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
No offense HAN, but i play against teams of turks, greeks, and carribeans in my mens league, and they are the worst to play against. Those teams are always the dirtiest, always complaining about the ref, and how they are bias against them, and always trying to fight.

So its not just like that in Turkey, or London, sall over homie.

HANZO
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
complaining about refs is our favourite past time.

didnt kno there were any turks in new york. our holiganisms spreading across the world.

chiba
04-27-2008, 10:47 PM
*posts imaginary avram wild hand signalling sideline gif.*

ahahaha

ive heard about this gif
i have yet to see it

The Hound
04-28-2008, 01:47 AM
4-1 over stuttgart = 1 more point for the league ...toni scores again and ribery bags a double ... on the search for a goalkeeper and they board haven't ruled out a play for a big name 'keeper EVEN THOUGH they said rensing has first crack ... i read on another forum that a man who does bundesliga analysis for the BBC or something said klinsmann was lining up Robert Enke ... lol bayern pretty much is becoming the german national team ... signing borowski and maybe enke ... that's an unbeatable team in the bundesliga ...

watched pompey and rovers this morning ... pompey seemed to be a little bit like arsenal at times and just tried to be too flash and tried one too many passes or shoot from distance when it wasn't on ... roque santa cruz on the wing wtf ?? LOL ... soon as he put him upfront with roberts they were causing campbell and distin all sorts of problems ... beautiful goal from santa cruz 21 he's scored ... if torres is the buy of the season then santa cruz is the bargain of the season it's just unfortunate he had so many injuries here ...

i can't believe i'm admitting this ... but i hope chel$ki DO win the league ... i love nothing more than these come from behind wins ... to be so far behind and written off ever since grant took over to then win the league would be a good achievement ... i only say good because ffs look at their squad

whitey
04-28-2008, 06:22 AM
^aww yea boi, now your coming around with my boy Grant.

The Hound
04-28-2008, 06:32 AM
^^ you see those muslim leaders in malaysia want grant and ben haim banned from entering malaysia cause they're israeli ?? man fuck that shit they're just footballers/manager ... leave the israel/palestine beef to the middle east that's just stupid ... i think the government are letting them because in malaysia israeli's need a special permission to gain entry into the country ... fucked up politics

it looks like vidic and rooney may miss the barca match ... lampard looks set to play ... my prediction is a barca v chel$ki final ... how fucking epic will that be ?? all their games in the last few years have been phenomenal and i think a top notch final is what the UCL needs because save for the liverpool win in 05 the recent UEFA Cup finals have been better than the UCL ones

HANZO
04-28-2008, 08:10 AM
lol at banning the isrealis from Malaysia, i didnt kno that, this malaysian girl in my class always stressed that most malaysians were christian or atheist, dumb bitch.

after yesterdays derby fenerbahce fans attacked kezman and their captain alex's cars. hahahahahahahahah what a bunch of fags these guys carry them the whole season and the fans turn their backs on them after just 1 game.

The Hound
04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
LOL ... this is the news report from the riot i was talkin to HAN about in another thread ... it's funny how the news reports get more dramatic as it goes on haha

ubs53AHtU3w

lol it doesn't show you but the manager was beat down pretty badly ... i think i remember seeing footage of him being beaten with a metal garbage bin lid lol ... this shit was nuts ... rioting went on after the game and the knights (pro croatian) were banned from playing perth at home and had to play it in another state LOL ...

oh the good ol' days of ethnic football in this country ... sydney croatia, bankstown makedonija, bonnyrig eagles (serbian), marconi stallions (italian), hellas south melbourne, sydney olympic (greek), rockdale makedonija ... made for some interesting clashes hahaha

HANZO
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
hahahaha i remember Kezman doing that in Turkey. he did it when he scored, no one really realised what he did. then the next they the media called for him to be fired from fenerbahce. he apoligized countlessly. its funny cause everytime he touches the ball the opposing team fans start chanting Kosovo.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-28-2008, 02:16 PM
its funny cause everytime he touches the ball the opposing team fans start chanting Kosovo.
hahhahahaha, really? hahahahahahhahahhahhaha

jonspeaks22
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
So whos with me and hopes Barca win this year again

HANZO
04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
even though im a liverpool fan i dnt want an english team winning it.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
^^^why is that, man?

HANZO
04-28-2008, 02:58 PM
cause the english media are gay, and will go on about it for 40 years. i dnt wanna hear that shit.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
hhahahaha, fuck it then

well, at least I would like to see Henry winning a cup, cuz the motha' deserves one atleast

HANZO
04-28-2008, 03:55 PM
man Arsenal played some great attacking football today against Derby. they won 6-2.

chiba
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
its gonna be tuff
but i still think man u will beat barca
cr7 said he would redeem himself for missin the penalty

liverpool will go through
they know the deal unless the chel$ea fans get dem shook

final

man u vs liverpool

The Hound
04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
So whos with me and hopes Barca win this year again

i am ... i like barca i've always liked them but haven't supported them ya know ... plus 3 english teams left they're my only hope lol

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2008, 05:35 AM
yeah, im supporting barca by default.

whitey
04-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Marcello Lippi says that it will be virtually impossible for Fabio Capello to succeed as England manager because he has hardly any good players to choose from.

goal.com

that is fuckin hilarious. holla at my boi lippi.

The Hound
04-29-2008, 06:39 AM
lol can you argue with him ?? england have depth and their big money spending of overseas players is one reason ... another is their ridiculous rule where young kids have to live within 5 miles of the ground or something if they are to be purchased ... by the time they're old enough to bypass that rule they haven't had good development ...

england are really behind the times which is astonishing for a fully developed football entity

chiba
04-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Marcello Lippi says that it will be virtually impossible for Fabio Capello to succeed as England manager because he has hardly any good players to choose from.

ohhhh please

england squad is solid, gerrard, lampard, rooney, hargraves, j.cole, a.cole, friggen beckham, ferdinand, theo walcott etc

dont blame the foreign talent that goes to england
england players have just enough talent but they dont get bought by the big name clubs, so half the time the world doesnt even know they exist until they move to like man u or chel$ea

if coaches like hiddink can make teams like australia and korea succeeed in tournaments then i dont see how capello wouldnt bring success to the english squad

in england it pretty much loyalty to club over national team
so lampard hates playing next to gerrard, etc etc...

that rule about the kids not livin close is unfair

whitey
04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
too many england players just have the work man mentality. not enough creativity/imagination.

D. bently's my dude, he needs to be in the england squad.

The Hound
04-29-2008, 12:24 PM
chiba ... england have no depth and their "stars" are massively overrated ... that group of players you mentioned failed to make it out of qualification group with russia, croatia, majedonija, estonia and andorra ...

LOL @ citeh dumping erkisson for next year ... idiots

whitey
04-29-2008, 06:28 PM
what is up with barca. all that fire power and they cant get any decent scoring chances.

i dont like that system with barca. everything is good until the final 30 yards. no penetration. its little eto'o by himself up top. than everyone else spread out behind him. i think hes better going at dudes with pace. not as a point man to hold that ball up. thats a formation you play with the drogbas, tonis, rudds, ects. of the footballing world.

come on chelsea. do the poolers for me, than the man u'ers.

chiba
04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
chiba ... england have no depth and their "stars" are massively overrated ... that group of players you mentioned failed to make it out of qualification group with russia, croatia, majedonija, estonia and andorra ...

LOL @ citeh dumping erkisson for next year ... idiots

i hear what your sayin :f
but for real i dont conseider them players as overrated
gerrard is havin a good season at liverpool and so is lampard, rooney etc
if i had the chance to get them guys to play on my team...i wouldnt hesitate :hooray:

england needs a good coach and capello is a good coach
he will take them far :b

as for the euro qulaification...
it was bound to happen coz they got a new coach and well
england just didnt play as a team .. nobody got along etc

if you look at italy (yes whitey i know your reading this line ;$)
alot of players on ac milan, inter milan, roma, juventus are argentinian, brazilian, african, french, dutch, etc etc
and italy won the world cup...obviously they aint complaining

spain and holland have great squads in tournaments but always choke
half way through tourneys and they arnt blaming the immigrants that play in la liga or the eiredivisie

i lived in england and trust me when i say that they put club before country
ive seen english fans fight iwth eachother if a player makes a mistake
like 'oh typical of gerrard for missin a spot kick,stupid liverpool players'
..yea its dumb

whitey
04-30-2008, 06:34 AM
^ Hah truue. Buuuut, if you look at it, a lot of the key players on those teams ARE Italian. I think every member of the Italian World Cup winning team was playing in Italy. There is an abundance of young talent in Italy these days too.

chiba
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
anyhooooo

chel$ea vs Liverpool!!!!

go birdies!!!:cheerlie:

Prince Rai
04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
i have a feeling liverpool may win this game by a goal to nil. this is their only thing to play for and they just love to beat chelsea in the champions league.

chelsea will play their usual boring game, but it wont let the scousing side fall asleep.

manu v livpool final.

whitey
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Come On Blues!!!

Frontal Lobotomy
04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
I hope we meet Liverpool in the final, that would be amazing. If we beat them it would give us 50 years or so of bragging rights. On the otehr hand we could lose and maybe never be allowed to live it down.
Barcelona were technically better, but the same is said for Arsenal and they have a problem with scorind goals at times as well. Neat passing moves are pleasing to the eye, but so is a top corner goal from 25yards out, maybe more so.

As for England, Lippi was right. When the top division is made of 36% of home nationals, it can fuck with the continuity on the international stage. Capello has to make some hard decisions too, using a 4-5-1 may well be a system that is gonna take a while for the players to adapt to, particularly Rooney.

whitey
04-30-2008, 04:12 PM
avram "the god" grant does it once again.

Ritter
04-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Damn,I'm real upset.Stupid Benitez put Babel in extra-time and he scored.If he started with him,the scoreline would be different then this one.

chiba
04-30-2008, 04:59 PM
i thought babels goal at the end tied them up on aggregate?!??! coz of the away goals??
i think alot of people thought soo too coz the chelsea players didnt know
until everyone went nuts

plus the crowd died down pretty quick after that goal

weird

either way it was a great game

chiba
04-30-2008, 05:14 PM
As for England, Lippi was right. When the top division is made of 36% of home nationals, it can fuck with the continuity on the international stage. Capello has to make some hard decisions too, using a 4-5-1 may well be a system that is gonna take a while for the players to adapt to, particularly Rooney.

gimme a break
even david beckham said it wasnt that
england misses out on 1 major tourney and all of a sudden they have to point fingers...if it wasnt the coach its the domestic league if it inst the domestic league its fifa, then they dont want a coach coz hes not english
:'(

anywayz im done with this issue, topic,

england has quality players, if i was goin up against the english squad i would be shook!!
and now they have a good coach, and they will play better and do well

england players should stop that internal beef and put it aside (same goes for the fans)
and quit being cry babies about missin the euro
even if they did make it they wouldnt have qulified convincingly and they wouldve played like crap and lost

you dont see other leagues complaining

GET IT TOGETHER YOU GROUCHES

whitey
04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
england has won 1 major tourny. world cup on home soil in 66. made one semi final apperance in a major tourney. have missed 3 euros and 3 world cups in the last 30ish years. havent been past the quarters in a major tourny in a while. for the nation that invented football, and has such good players, that is rather poor.

thats all im saying.

chiba
04-30-2008, 08:01 PM
england has won 1 major tourny. world cup on home soil in 66. made one semi final apperance in a major tourney. have missed 3 euros and 3 world cups in the last 30ish years. havent been past the quarters in a major tourny in a while. for the nation that invented football, and has such good players, that is rather poor.

thats all im saying.

its all true homie for the longest time england has been like that
however you dont see teams like holland and spain blaming everything and everyone for thier losses

whitey
05-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Tone, sorry about that bro. That is a rough score line.

Lets go la viola in the penals.

whitey
05-01-2008, 04:23 PM
man thats gay. rangers blow dick.

good though, i hope fiorietina is so dejected and in the dumps they tank their last couple games in serie A and open the door for AC milan to get into the champs league.

i read flamini told his arsenal teammates hes going to milan. assa nice.

HANZO
05-01-2008, 05:50 PM
my recap
liverpool blew it. chelsea played well. good game. ballack really coming into his own. although i believe he plays much better when lampard aint playing.

UEFA cup.
wow Zenit. shame Bayern, im jus speechless. Zenit are a fukin good team. they will smoke rangers. Arshavin is a quality player.

tonearm quit the site didnt he???? return man, theres still hope for bayern.

whitey
05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
hah quit the site? dude probably quit at life and is hanging in his garage. 4-0 by a russian team against one of europes powers packed with stars...:?

and Arshavin is that 10 shirt i been talking about. that guy is nice, needs to get bought up by a big team. maybe bayern could use him HA. (but milan probably too :yessad:)

HANZO
05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
tonearm quit cause the mods got real gay in gen chat, and ppl got to sensitive. well thats what i think.

these russian teams are getting richer and richer, the russian league is looking good for the future. Arshavin is an ideal number 10. alot of teams will chase after him now. i mean he masterminded the leverkusen win, and now one against Bayern. his a german killa.

SickSide
05-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Shearer needs to be the next newcastle manager

HANZO
05-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Real wrap up La liga.

Ac milan win the derby. Inter jus cant win the scudetto.

chiba
05-04-2008, 07:28 PM
anybody catch any of the u-17 games??

HANZO
05-04-2008, 07:31 PM
anybody catch any of the u-17 games??

yeah i watched turkey destroy holland 3-0. yay.

we favourites for the tournament, dnt matter if we win it. when these kids grow up they will all suck badly.

chiba
05-06-2008, 01:02 AM
naw they will be good
i could see some of them goin to european teams
im surprized holland got whooped like that

so is ronaldinho goin to milan or manchester city??
heard ac milan want barca to lower the price if not ac wont buy him

whitey
05-06-2008, 06:26 AM
ac probably wont get ronnie. they are cheap in the sense they dont like rediculously wasting money like chelsea or inter.

ac milan get flamini on a free. that is sweet.

also put in a bid for willy sangol.

juve puts a bid in for his teammate basten swienswiger (spelling terrible)

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-06-2008, 08:30 AM
ashton scored an amazing bicycle shot gainst man utd...

HANZO
05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
naw they will be good

the only player on our roster who will be something is batuhan karadeniz. this season he popped into the Besiktas A team, even scored a couple. a big powerhouse striker, bit like Kluivert. I really hope we can develop him into a good player. his got like 40 goals playing for the youth team so far.

HANZO
05-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I jus realised that theres only 31 days until Euro 2008. YAY!!!!!!

Da Ryda
05-06-2008, 02:59 PM
naw they will be good

so is ronaldinho goin to milan or manchester city??
heard ac milan want barca to lower the price if not ac wont buy him
Ronaldinho rejected Man U, he'd never go to City... The owner Thaksin Sinawatra is just too ambitious for his own good. Tryna sack Sven after their best season since I can remember them having... Another example of owners with money making unrealistic demands... and being trigger happy. Ronaldinho is a good player but defensively he's obsolete, having watched him live I was surprised at how stationary he is when not given a ball and when he loses a ball he doesnt even bother chasing after it. Lay Zee!!

Da Ryda
05-06-2008, 03:02 PM
ashton scored an amazing bicycle shot gainst man utd...
2 minutes later Tevez attempted a same thing and he fell flat on his back... he's been doing alright lately though. Nani's "headbutt" was another highlight as well. He needs to take lessons from Zidane..............on how to play football :tease:

Da Ryda
05-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I jus realised that theres only 31 days until Euro 2008. YAY!!!!!!
Don't know who to support or look out for... ;(

And people are wrong about Premiership's foreign mercenaries influencing England national team. French domestic league is sub-par compared to their European counterparts and the national players mostly do not even play in the domestic league.

HANZO
05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
^^im turkish innit, and we finally made a tournament. yay, we been getting screwed in the playoffs all the time since 2002.

about city, man all these new owners who kno nothing about football ruining teams. first hicks with liverpool and now this thai guy with city. its ruining the premiership, cause city under sven had the potential to actually challenge the 4th spot in the near future. now they only gonna go backwards.

HANZO
05-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Milan going after Berbatov. that would be an excellent signing for any team.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Don't know who to support or look out for... ;(

And people are wrong about Premiership's foreign mercenaries influencing England national team. French domestic league is sub-par compared to their European counterparts and the national players mostly do not even play in the domestic league.

Yeah but it does provide a fairly high standard league for all the young and upcoming players to play in. If all your internationals play outside of your country and you don't have a lot of foreign imports, then each team can bring through lots of future national team players.

HANZO
05-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Real 4 - 1 Barca.

OMG. goodbye Rijkaard.

whitey
05-08-2008, 04:24 PM
AC Milan will definitely sign both Ronaldinho and Gianluca Zambrotta from Barcelona this summer, according to Rondo.

The deal for Milan to buy Ronaldinho, who is certain to leave Camp Nou following a depressing season, had looked a virtual certainty only a few weeks ago.
However then reports emerged in the press that Barca were demanding £30m for the Brazilian, and this led to Milan powerbrokers Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani claiming at the weekend that a transfer had all but collapsed.
Many people believe though that these declarations were simply designed as a bargaining tool to convince Barcelona to lower their asking price.
Rondo says that Milan are confident of signing Ronaldinho, and his club team-mate Gianluca Zambrotta for a combined £18m.
Zambrotta also seems highly likely to leave Barca at the end of the season, as he and his wife have becoming increasingly homesick since moving to Catalonia in 2006.
Barcelona journalist Cristina Cubero, who is a close friend of Ronaldinho, reported last night that both the Brazilian and Zambrotta would definitely be joining Milan this summer.
The Rossoneri are building a strong team ahead of next season, and yesterday completed the signing of Mathieu Flamini on a free transfer from Arsenal.

goal.com

that would be great. i would say milan is the thriftiest of the big clubs, (along with arsenal, but i dont really consider them a massively big club with the likes of milan, man u, real, barca ect.) getting flamini on a free, plus this, if its true. could be setting up for next year nicely.

HANZO
05-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Zambrotta jus makes that deal a fukin bargain. Man if the papers here are correct Berbatov could be a Milan player to. that shit would be crazy.

Guardiola gonna replace Rijkaard at Barca next season.

Under 17 Euro champs update.
: Turkey playing like Brazil. i love our youth teams they play with such freedom and jus run rings around their opponents. soo many good players on that team.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Guardiola. Now there's a guy who lives and breathes Barca. He'll certainly give it his best.

HANZO
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Its always good to bring one of your loyal old timers to manage the team. you kno they will give it 100%, the fans will support him. and plus he will bring something fresh to the table. maybe bring back the passion in the players.

reason why i think England or Newcastle should have gone with Shearer.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-08-2008, 04:45 PM
I agree in part, but I personally believe that bringing in an established coach with someone like Shearer/Guardiola as their number two is the best idea. Like how Chelsea had Mourinho with Steve Clarke and Arsenal have Wenger with Pat Rice.

HANZO
05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
yeah valid point, cause when i first heard that Guardiola was gonna manage Barca, i questioned his coaching experience.

whitey
05-08-2008, 08:26 PM
and i will retort with the god avram grant.

look at his coaching experience.

look where he is now.

BO!

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Are you talking about the Avram Grant that has over 20 years experience as a football manager and has already managed his own national team?

You know absolutely nothing about football, so please stop talking like you do.

whitey
05-09-2008, 06:33 AM
^hah, fool be serious. id crush you in anything football related.

and yes look at his coaching experience. the god avram grant who has managed for 20 yeras. but only managed the country of Israel, who hasnt ever won anything, and teams in Israel, where you cant find a good team to save your life. not to mention he didn't have the proper coaching credentials to coach in the premier league. not to mention he is a very good personal friend of roman abramavich, and THAT is the main reason he got the coaching job. not because of what he has done on the field, unlike jose`.

so yes, when i say he has no experience i mean that because in a sense he doesnt. why do the chelsea fans chant "you dont know what your doing"? because he has 20 years of experience coaching in israel! thats like saying your a mac and fuck a lot of chicks, but come to find out they are all fat chicks and amputees. hoe please. dont test me anything footy related.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-09-2008, 08:03 AM
That's because he inherited Mourinho's team^
You or me could manage that team...couldn't we ????

Fuck Chelsea...seriously...Half their team could leave at the end of the season...
Then we will see how much of a god Avram is ?

I mean compared to Fegerson (a true manager god)
Avram is still at school...He ain't no god.

I can honestly say I hate them more than I ever hated Man Utd...
And especially if you live in England you will know how hard that is to say !!!
Man U actually play the game...
With style and have geniunly been the greatest team in England...If not the world.
Who the fuck are Chelsea ???
They were always mediocre untill that Russian came along.

I hope Man U CRUSH them in the final...

whitey
05-09-2008, 11:41 AM
i hate man u and hope chelsea win. thats just personal opinion.

as for me dubbing avram "the god", if any/all of you havent figured it out is purley in a joking manor. it more speaks on the chelsea fans and jose` fans that claim jose` is god. when, like you said, with the players on that team, you or i could coach that team to glory.

the reason for that rant a couple posts up was to school that cunt spinx (which i normally appreciate his opinion on things idk why started throwing darts) who came at me like i was some noob to football and he was the god of football knowledge. when in actually i guarantee i watch, read, play, live, football more in a year than he ever will in his live.

chiba
05-09-2008, 12:05 PM
i hate man u and hope chelsea win. thats just personal opinion.

as for me dubbing avram "the god", if any/all of you havent figured it out is purley in a joking manor. it more speaks on the chelsea fans and jose` fans that claim jose` is god. when, like you said, with the players on that team, you or i could coach that team to glory.

the reason for that rant a couple posts up was to school that cunt spinx (which i normally appreciate his opinion on things idk why started throwing darts) who came at me like i was some noob to football and he was the god of football knowledge. when in actually i guarantee i watch, read, play, live, football more in a year than he ever will in his live.

;$
go man u

but for real who cant manage chelsea they are a stacked team
lol at the 'you dont know what your doing' chants

fergie over grant all day next day every day any day :hooray:

chiba
05-09-2008, 12:07 PM

Fuck Chelsea...seriously...Half their team could leave at the end of the season...

With style and have geniunly been the greatest team in England...If not the world.

:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::h ooray::hooray:

Da Ryda
05-09-2008, 12:45 PM

Always mediocre?
Chelsea had flair, creativity, passion and style that some teams would trade their goalkeeper to get.
Zola, Flo, Hasselbaink, Gudjohnson, Wise, Di Matteo, Poyet, Deschamps, Desailly... Stamford Bridge was never short of colourful characters stretching back to the days of Peter Osgood and Ron Harris

HANZO
05-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Man u will win the premiership and chelsea will win champs league.

has Hleb quit Arsenal, apparently he bought out the remainder of his contract and will sign with Inter.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-09-2008, 07:03 PM
^hah, fool be serious. id crush you in anything football related.

and yes look at his coaching experience. the god avram grant who has managed for 20 yeras. but only managed the country of Israel, who hasnt ever won anything, and teams in Israel, where you cant find a good team to save your life. not to mention he didn't have the proper coaching credentials to coach in the premier league. not to mention he is a very good personal friend of roman abramavich, and THAT is the main reason he got the coaching job. not because of what he has done on the field, unlike jose`.

so yes, when i say he has no experience i mean that because in a sense he doesnt. why do the chelsea fans chant "you dont know what your doing"? because he has 20 years of experience coaching in israel! thats like saying your a mac and fuck a lot of chicks, but come to find out they are all fat chicks and amputees. hoe please. dont test me anything footy related.

No, the Chelsea fans chant "You don't know what you're doing" because he doesn't. It's like how you've been speaking and typing for years, but still everything you say/type is a load of bollocks.

I wouldn't test your so called knowledge of football, because I'm sure that armed with Google you could answer most questions.

whitey
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
You would think with 20 years of experience he would know what hes doing. Especially being in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Always mediocre?
Chelsea had flair, creativity, passion and style that some teams would trade their goalkeeper to get.
Zola, Flo, Hasselbaink, Gudjohnson, Wise, Di Matteo, Poyet, Deschamps, Desailly... Stamford Bridge was never short of colourful characters stretching back to the days of Peter Osgood and Ron Harris

Well to me they were nothing special back then...
Granted they had some exceptional talent but were always lacking
In the department in which they now thrive...
Teams like I'm about to mention would be above them in the skeme of things now.
Think about it if The Russian never came along >
Would they be better than :

Tottenham...No
Aston Villa...No
Everton...No
Blackburn...No

And if you don't agree then you can surely see what I'm saying ???
Arsenal, Man U & Liverpool have always kept a high standard
And have worked Up the ladder of success...Chelsea = not the case.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Dunno if everyone saw this already, but:

The English Premier League is to get one more UEFA Cup slot via Fifa Fair Play. Given that the top four teams in the fair play table are all in Europe anyway (Tottenham, Man U, Arsenal & Liverpool), Man City currently stand to get the spot.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-09-2008, 08:17 PM
So last season they were nearly dropped to The Championship...
And now they could get into Europe !!!!!
And Sven could go...That's messed up ???

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Will help their attemps to get big players, that they can at least offer them Europe B football next season.

I dunno why, but Spurs seem to top the fair play table all the time.

Da Ryda
05-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Think about it if The Russian never came along >
Would they be better than :

Tottenham...No
Aston Villa...No
Everton...No
Blackburn...No

Erm... Hell yes!!

Without Abromovich, it would be Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool as the Top Three as opposed to Top Four like we have now... I have enough common sense to concede that much.

But those teams you've listed? They'd never have got past Chelsea. Apart from Everton, although they were the real "mediocre" team before their recent revival.

Just out of interest, how old are you?

Da Ryda
05-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I dunno why, but Spurs seem to top the fair play table all the time.

It might be the only table they top in their lifetime... ;$

Animal Luff
05-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Tottenham is a funny team - great forward thinking, lousy at the back..... :/ :/ :/ never a boring team XD

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Erm... Hell yes!!

Without Abromovich, it would be Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool as the Top Three as opposed to Top Four like we have now... I have enough common sense to concede that much.

But those teams you've listed? They'd never have got past Chelsea. Apart from Everton, although they were the real "mediocre" team before their recent revival.

Well if we look at all honours the clubs had won prior to Roman's arrival:

Chelsea:

Frist Division/Premier League - 1
Second Division/Championship - 2
FA Cup - 3
League Cup - 2
Cup Winners Cup - 2
Euro Super Cup - 1

Totteham:

First Division/Premier League - 2
Second Divison/Championship - 2
FA Cup - 8
League Cup - 4
UEFA Cup - 2
Cup Winner's Cup - 1

Everton:

First Division/Premier League - 9
Second Division/Championship - 1
FA Cup - 5
League Cup - 2
Cup winner's Cup - 1

Aston Villa:

First Division/Premier League - 7
Third Division/League One - 1
FA Cup - 7
League Cup - 5
European Cup - 1
Euro Super Cup - 1

Blackburn Rovers:

First Division/Premier League - 3
FA Cup - 6
League Cup - 1

Guarded By Martyrs
05-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Erm... Hell yes!!

Come on...

They would be around those sides definatly.
It is hard to tell but I honestly think taht they would be on par with those teams.
You did get where I was comming from though.
They wouldn't be where they are now if things stayed the same.
While the teams I put up have worked their way up.
That's why I can't really respect Chelsea...
Their whole posana leaks cockiness and genuinly are a bunch of pricks.
I'm just glad Robben left...
I was considering to quit watching footaball
After seeing that liitle girl fall over evry time someone came within 2 ft of him...
I think that's who Drogba studied under.

Oh...and I'm 23...it says so under my name.

PEACE

Da Ryda
05-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Well if we look at all honours the clubs had won prior to Roman's arrival:

Chelsea:

Frist Division/Premier League - 1
FA Cup - 3
League Cup - 2
Cup Winners Cup - 2
Euro Super Cup - 1

Totteham:

First Division/Premier League - 2
Second Divison/Championship - 2
FA Cup - 8
League Cup - 4
UEFA Cup - 2
Cup Winner's Cup - 1

Everton:

First Division/Premier League - 9
FA Cup - 5
League Cup - 2
Cup winner's Cup - 1

Aston Villa:

First Division/Premier League - 7
FA Cup - 7
League Cup - 5
European Cup - 1
Euro Super Cup - 1

Blackburn Rovers:

First Division/Premier League - 3
FA Cup - 6
League Cup - 1
I'm not here to promote blind enthusiasm for Chelsea but what you listed is best described as "irrelevant". By your rationale, Uruguay should be considered one of the best teams in the world because they already won the World Cup twice?

You're only as good as your last few seasons. Chelsea was definitely UEFA Cup position contending team, season in season out (in my living memory). If you don't agree with that notion despite Chelsea's table positions for the successive years before Abramovich, then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm off to watch the Bolton game...

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 10:13 AM
My point was that over time things can massively change for a club, and it's Abramovich that did that for Chelsea.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Hahaha...Chelsea diddn't winthe league...Thank you !!!!!!!!!!

whitey
05-11-2008, 04:34 PM
it wasn't chelseas to win. just man u's to loose. didnt happen. o well, hopefully the CL final is different. thats what really matters anyways.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Was an exciting end to the season though. Right up to the last minute the relegated teams weren't definite. Erikkson signed off as Man city boss in style.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 04:57 PM
it wasn't chelseas to win. just man u's to loose. didnt happen. o well, hopefully the CL final is different. thats what really matters anyways.

Yeah I know..Just happy they diddn't win it...
And they ain't winning shit in the Champions League in my opinion.

Was an exciting end to the season though. Right up to the last minute the relegated teams weren't definite. Erikkson signed off as Man city boss in style.

Yeah I'm watching it now...Middlesbough have crazy potential next season I feel.
Glad to see Fulham stay up too...Jimmy Bullard for England !!!!!!!!!!!!

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Bullard is a quality player. I can't see Boro doing any better than mid table next year.

Ritter
05-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Jim Bullard Bullard,he's better than Steve Gerrard Gerrard,hes thinner than Frank Lampard Lampard.I wasn't for Man Utd in the race,I was against Chelsea.Just Because they passed Liverpool in the CL like a couple of bitches.The own goal in the 95th minute of a 4 min advantage...in 45th minute of the second game,a penalty...just too bitchy,AC Milan-y for my taste.

Youll Never Walk Alone

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Come on Shizzah...better than Gerrard ?????????????????????

As for Middlesbough:
Yeah maybe push for Europe ???
With "Alves" there now I think they will surprise a few people.
If they strenghen their squad a touch...
They need some defenders.

Ritter
05-11-2008, 05:10 PM
No,its just a Fulham fan song I heard somewhere on TV...
Of course he's not better than Gerrard,nor thinner than Lampard...

I think Boro could push to a sixth place tops with a run of good results...
The first four are always the first four,and I just think Everton will have too much quality next season.They're a quality team.

But I want Liverpool to win the title next season.Benitez mentioned Quaresma...thats a killer player.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 05:11 PM
I think Boro's main problem will be that teams above them are growing and strengthening their squads. There's no way they'll take the UEFA Cup spot. No way.

Next season Spurs should come back into the fold and battle it out with Everton and Villa for fifth, with Portsmouth, Man City, West Ham and possibly Newcastle not too far behind.

I'd guess 12th maybe for Boro.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm getting so bored with the Premier League.

To me the problem is summed up by the transfer of Carrick (and others like this)...

A integral player for a top 6 club moving club. I'm not saying it's his or Man U's fault, but no one outside the top 4 can be retained by their club if they play well. Barry will probably leave Villa....

VZA
05-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Wenger needs to make some fucking signings instead of relying on these child soldiers he adopts.

HANZO
05-11-2008, 05:19 PM
well man u win, well done to them. shame for Chelsea, dnt kno how bad Terry's injury is. It would be a huge loss if he didnt play in the Champs League Final.

Inter continue to choke to.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Wenger needs to make some fucking signings instead of relying on these child soldiers he adopts.

Hahahahahaha.

He sealed the signing of Toure by buying him a McDonalds...no joke.

Arsenal have a good enough team, but not a good enough squad.....SENDEROS, I dont know why the fucker always looks so sad, he's getting paid millions to play like Rhino, our sunday league centre back!!!

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 05:21 PM
well man u win, well done to them. shame for Chelsea, dnt kno how bad Terry's injury is. It would be a huge loss if he didnt play in the Champs League Final.

Inter continue to choke to.

Dislocated elbow for Terry.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Wengers trouble is that once he states something publicly, he really doesn't want to go back on it. He came out and defended his goalkeepers and Senderos and now refuses to admit that he was wrong and there's a problem.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Wengers trouble is that once he states something publicly, he really doesn't want to go back on it. He came out and defended his goalkeepers and Senderos and now refuses to admit that he was wrong and there's a problem.

Yup.

He has also made a mistake by appointing Gallas as captain.

Problem is now, I think Gallas will leave if the captaincy is taken from him.

Wenger needs to dig into his pockets.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 05:29 PM
No,its just a Fulham fan song I heard somewhere on TV...
Of course he's not better than Gerrard,nor thinner than Lampard...

I think Boro could push to a sixth place tops with a run of good results...
The first four are always the first four,and I just think Everton will have too much quality next season.They're a quality team.

But I want Liverpool to win the title next season.Benitez mentioned Quaresma...thats a killer player.

You a Liverpool fan Shizzah ???
Same here !!!
I think Tottenham or Villa...or perhaps both could finnish above Everton.
Quaresma...nice !!!!!!

I think Boro's main problem will be that teams above them are growing and strengthening their squads. There's no way they'll take the UEFA Cup spot. No way.

Next season Spurs should come back into the fold and battle it out with Everton and Villa for fifth, with Portsmouth, Man City, West Ham and possibly Newcastle not too far behind.

I'd guess 12th maybe for Boro.
I think thats a bit harsh...
I think they will be in the top half...IF they strenthen and keep their messy players.

I'm getting so bored with the Premier League.

To me the problem is summed up by the transfer of Carrick (and others like this)...

A integral player for a top 6 club moving club. I'm not saying it's his or Man U's fault, but no one outside the top 4 can be retained by their club if they play well. Barry will probably leave Villa....

I couldn't agree more Wolf...
Look at Chelsea's players...all jumping on the bandwagon..
If you are that good then help your team get to where the team wanting to but you are.
Like Berbatov...I hope he stays but I could see him go and play for someone abroad.
PSV are the perfect example...
Van Nistelrooy, Park, Robben (fucking girl) Kezmon...
They all just get snapped up by bigger clubs...They are a good team
But are never going to move forward because thwy just sell their best players...
To bigger clubs.
I think it unfair to just pick the Premiership on this matter.

Wenger needs to buy some English players I think.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Mentioned the Premiership because only league i really follow. Sure iot's the same world wild.

Remember Sidwelll.................

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 05:32 PM
That's the thing, Fergie makes mistakes and has made some poor signings (Jordi Kruyff, Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Bellion...) but he at least admits he's made a mistake and gets rid of them even if it means taking a loss financially.

Wenger has a brilliant array of kids at his disposal but does need to make some more experienced signings to back them up. He should never have let his row with Gilberto go so far as they missed his experience and wise head this season, not to mention the 10 or so goals he would have got them.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Problem with English players, they're so expensive.

After the last world cup Cannavaro and Curtis Davies were availiable for the same price.

What you gonna buy Liquid Swords or Let Freedom Reign???

Guarded By Martyrs
You know the saying Spinx...

"You Wont Win Anything With Kids"

LuckyTheWonderDog
Mentioned the Premiership because only league i really follow. Sure iot's the same world wild.

Remember Sidwelll.................

Players have to be realistic. When Sidwell went to Chelsea I thought "Does he really think what his career needs is a stint in the Chelsea reserves?". He will now leave this summer, basically having thrown away a small chunk of his career.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Problem with English players, they're so expensive.

After the last world cup Cannavaro and Curtis Davies were availiable for the same price.

What you gonna buy Liquid Swords or Let Freedom Reign???

To be fair, Davies is 23 and Cannavaro is 34. But you are right, they are over inflating the prices. All they need to do is stop paying it and they will go back down though.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Yep...Sidwell should have left as soon as Mourinho did.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
To be fair, Davies is 23 and Cannavaro is 34. But you are right, they are over inflating the prices. All they need to do is stop paying it and they will go back down though.

You're right about the ages.

Ever English player who does anything is blown up in the media and the price gets inflated. He's the next.........

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
I think thats a bit harsh...
I think they will be in the top half...IF they strenthen and keep their messy players.

But who is gonna lose it and get worse? I can't see Everton or Villa playing worse. Portsmouth have cunning old Harry to keep things in check. Blackburn aren't gonna suddenly fall apart. Spurs will definately bounce back from a terrible season. West Ham might slip a bit maybe, but then Newcastle seem to be coming back a bit.

It's not so much that Boro can't do well it's just that other teams may simply be better.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 05:39 PM
You're right about the ages.

Ever English player who does anything is blown up in the media and the price gets inflated. He's the next.........

You're telling me? We bought Darren Bent for £16.5million, when people called Santa Cruz at £3.5mil a gamble?!?!!?!?!

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 05:47 PM
But who is gonna lose it and get worse? I can't see Everton or Villa playing worse. Portsmouth have cunning old Harry to keep things in check. Blackburn aren't gonna suddenly fall apart. Spurs will definately bounce back from a terrible season. West Ham might slip a bit maybe, but then Newcastle seem to be coming back a bit.

It's not so much that Boro can't do well it's just that other teams may simply be better.

Yeah I see what you mean.
Out of the sides you mentioned I agree...West Ham are probabally the weakest.
I think they will at least be with those sides...
Newcastle look impressive for next season.

HANZO
05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
didnt Mourihno once say, when they go after an English player, jus cause its Chelsea the price of that players goes up by £10million.

you pay £20million for a guy like Torres not some average English player.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 05:59 PM
No Mourinho said that when Chelsea go after ANY player the price goes up by £10million.

Still, overpriced as Bent was, at least we never paid £31million for Shevchenko.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 06:02 PM
No Mourinho said that when Chelsea go after ANY player the price goes up by £10million.

Still, overpriced as Bent was, at least we never paid £31million for Shevchenko.

Just look how much Henry went for...

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 06:03 PM
That was a great bit of business by Wenger.

whitey
05-11-2008, 07:14 PM
not really. it was fair.

the amount that daren bent went for was complete and utter shit. i dont care about the age difference between henry and bent, no one should EVER be buying those to guys in the same summer for the same amount of money.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
I agree that Bent went for a ridiculous amount, but Wenger sold Henry at the perfect moment. He got around £17million for a 30 year old who has only managed to score in about a third of his games for Barca this season. And Arsenal are a far more flexible team without him. Forget Bent, and compare that with what Liverpool got from the Torres deal.

whitey
05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Jim Bullard Bullard,he's better than Steve Gerrard Gerrard,hes thinner than Frank Lampard Lampard.I wasn't for Man Utd in the race,I was against Chelsea.Just Because they passed Liverpool in the CL like a couple of bitches.The own goal in the 95th minute of a 4 min advantage...in 45th minute of the second game,a penalty...just too bitchy,AC Milan-y for my taste.

Youll Never Walk Alone

Piss off ya cunt.

HANZO
05-12-2008, 09:15 AM
im disgusted at Turkeys squad for Euro 2008. fukin its full of scumbag Galatasaray players. and fukin Emre is our captain. he only captain and even in the squad cause he Terims son in law.

DrunkenMasta303
05-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Rumors are saying Gennaro Gattuso is on his way to Bayern,
that would be a perfect addition for Toni and Ribery,
and now with Klinsmann as the new coach and Tim Borowski coming from Werder Bremen i can smell a Champions League trophy

chiba
05-12-2008, 01:58 PM
^ i didnt see that one coming
whos gonna replace him at milan??

ronaldinho is still in limbo

chiba
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
im disgusted at Turkeys squad for Euro 2008. fukin its full of scumbag Galatasaray players. and fukin Emre is our captain. he only captain and even in the squad cause he Terims son in law.

:i
im pissed that friggen spain still have stooopid aragones as a coach
they shouldve gotten rafa benitez :hooray:
spain would have a better shot :looking:

Guarded By Martyrs
05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah^
But being a Liverpool fan I would hate to see him leave...
Also I think his stye doesn't necessarily fit Spain as well as Liverpool.
You are right though Spain should be winning World Cups and European Cups for fun
With the available talent at their disposal.
They just need a good Coach.

whitey
05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
^ i didnt see that one coming
whos gonna replace him at milan??

ronaldinho is still in limbo

i dont want him to leave, as he is one of my favorite players...but we did just get flamini.

chiba
05-13-2008, 12:14 AM
^ el gato (gattuoso) is a feared dude
look at him...he dont shave...he dont give a fack who u are...he looks like he has blood on his hands....him and rui costa
cold blooded killers i tell u...notice when they play nobody facks around
check their car trunks...u will find dead bodies..lol

i think flamini is a great additione to the ac milanos

get rijkaard as coach...somebody ...anybody but aragones...the dude hasnt won anything since 92 !!!
spain has soo much talent

and dont get me started with the nederlands...sheeesh!!!!

whitey
05-13-2008, 06:01 AM
^hah you just called gattuso "the cat".

HANZO
05-13-2008, 10:23 AM
i dnt think Gattuso will move away from Milan.

Seedorf shokingly quits the Dutch squad. apparently he had an arguement with the gawd Van Basten.

chiba
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
^hah you just called gattuso "the cat".

yah man coz he a big cat in that midfield (like a lion lol)

yea..........thats whats wrong with the nederlands squad
they always fallin out with the coach...just shaddap and play
buncha cry babies it makes me sick!!!

the truth is....seedorf quit the squad coz he fears gattuoso.....:t i talked with him
thats my word
lol

whitey
05-13-2008, 03:13 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VNj6VFaLCd0&feature=related

the best goal ever...?...

HANZO
05-13-2008, 04:33 PM
that was a sik goal.

TheWolf
05-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Nice goal.

Like the goalies reaction, probably too busy worrying about the colour of his shorts!!

Eyetalian
05-13-2008, 09:11 PM
That goal whilst good is not as you put it "the best goal ever" however i would like to submit these for contention

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8wYUiOrWs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vVC6OYLu0&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqsi99uA7mg

*WARNING*
*THESE MAY NOT BE THE BEST GOALS EVER*

chiba
05-13-2008, 11:37 PM
naw

gotta give it to robbie c

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dwRYYeEk5Eg

whitey
05-14-2008, 06:05 AM
granted the one i posted was indoor but it had perfect form of the kick, the degree of difficulty was very high, the height he got on that jump and the angle of the goal. spectacular. its not in a real outdoor game so i dont think it can really be said as the best goal ever, but it really is an amazing goal.

KERZO
05-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Rangers in a Uefa cup final tonight...I cannae believe me peepers 8O

TheWolf
05-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Well looking at Rangers record in the previous rounds, it looks like being an exciting and high scoring affair.....................

Hope they win it though.

HANZO
05-14-2008, 03:11 PM
shit i didnt even know fatih tekke played for zenit st petersberg. guy was a machine in Turkey.

boring final so far.

whitey
05-14-2008, 03:15 PM
not anymore.

HANZO
05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
right when i say its shit they score. typical.

Da Ryda
05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Pah... Zenit St. Petersburg winning the UEFA Cup... fancy that. Nobody would've guessed that at the beginning of the season. But to be fair, they did knock out top teams to be where they are now.

And another note: Put Roy Hodgson in charge of England team!!!!
The guy's a miracle worker everywhere he goes. Just before Sven was appointed, The FA interviewed him but concluded he didn't have enough "experience".

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-15-2008, 04:30 AM
R.I.P. Tommy Burns

6² Chambaz
05-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Pah... Zenit St. Petersburg winning the UEFA Cup... fancy that. Nobody would've guessed that at the beginning of the season. But to be fair, they did knock out top teams to be where they are now.

they were easy favorites in the final, a team with such good form, a great manager and lots of talent in their team.... the oods were in their favor

Eyetalian
05-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Rangers fans showing such poor form. FACT FOOTBALL IS NOTHING MORE THAN A GAME YOU FUCKING MORONS

whitey
05-15-2008, 10:55 AM
it is life my friend.

(where life is not endangered by starvation, tyranny, war, terrorism, sickness, ect.)

whitey
05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LzJh5V38W1E&feature=related

i dont think there is any doubt about this goal being in the top 5 EVER. no joke. check it. the nastyness.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-16-2008, 04:24 PM
That's a showboating attempt at a cross that accidentally went in the goal.

HANZO
05-16-2008, 04:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LzJh5V38W1E&feature=related

i dont think there is any doubt about this goal being in the top 5 EVER. no joke. check it. the nastyness.

dat was class. did look like he meant to cross it. dnt matter though still sik.

whitey
05-16-2008, 06:43 PM
idk...... http://youtube.com/watch?v=pssfRNla49c&feature=related that was pretty good...

DrunkenMasta303
05-16-2008, 07:19 PM
they were easy favorites in the final, a team with such good form, a great manager and lots of talent in their team.... the oods were in their favor

st petersburg was in such a good form because the russian league just started some weeks ago, and they even got some games off in the league so that they could prepare for uefa cup games, all the other teams already had about 40 competitive games this season and started to get exhausted, i think thats the main reason why they were able to beat all the topteams

whitey
05-17-2008, 03:26 PM
^good point. the russian league let them have 13 days off before the final. but regardless, i do think they are a better team than rangers.

HANZO
05-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Russian teams are getting good, i mean CSKA Moscow, Zenit and Rubin Kazan. these are all good teams, they got alot of money flowing through now. for now they are equiped well enough to be UEFA cup teams. but soon enough they will take that one step further.

Portsmouth win the FA cup, not a surprise wasnt a great match. scruffy goal, but it was nice to see someone new win it.

whitey
05-17-2008, 07:50 PM
kanu's my boy. glad he scored.

irish ins
05-17-2008, 09:50 PM
well he had to score cause if he didn't that shot that hit the post would have haunted worse than the camels that follow Rio Ferdinand "you've been Merked"

whitey
05-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Inter are champions. boo.
Roma second.
Juve.
Fiorentina. BOOOOO!!!!
Milan.

That sucks balls. Can't wait till the spending spree starts this summer. First and formost is get whatever they can for gilardino. Also I've heard stories they want to get rid of Ancholotti. I can't comprehend that. 1 year the team slips into 5th and you want to fire the guy who has one every trophy you can win in a 5 year span. Its one thing if he had a loaded squad. But he had Ronaldo hurt almost the whole year, Pato could only play a half of the year. And pippo hurt a lot of the year. An old defense. A bum ass goalie who got benched. I think he did well under the sircumstances.

Im glad Cafu not only played, but scored a cracker in his last game in the red and black.

And my boy super pippo, who everyone calls out for dead, finishes the year with 18 goals in 20 games.

HANZO
05-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Ibrahimovic saved inter there. before he came on, Inter were suffering. they owe alot to him.

shame about Milan, but they gotta take it on the chin, there needs to be some changes made.

6² Chambaz
05-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Italian football is the most boring out of the major european leagues (England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy) ???

HANZO
05-18-2008, 11:12 AM
i dnt think its boring, the stereotype is that its boring, cause the national team plays a defensive game.

Trezeguet and Raul not picked for either national team.

whitey
05-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Italian football is the most boring out of the major european leagues (England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy) ???

Yes, you are the only one.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-19-2008, 02:40 AM
Well I don't really watch that much French or German football, but I'd say it's the most boring out of the other three.

I find it kinda sad to see no comments about the death of Tommy Burns on here.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-19-2008, 03:34 AM

I actually find it the least boring, and the most skillfull.

6² Chambaz
05-19-2008, 03:48 AM
I actually find it the least boring, and the most skillfull.
I'd say the most intersting leagues in Europe are (in order)

England
Germany
Spain
Holland
Italy France

Italian football just doesn't appeal to me. It looks slow, sensitive, not mentioning the diving and the constant bitching to the referee (I agree that happens in other leagues too, but Italy especially) and the referee approaching scandals

whitey
05-19-2008, 06:22 AM
I think thats just a stereotype.

If you watch any games from Inter, Juve, Milan, Roma, Fiorentina, Palermo, Sampdoria I dont think you'd be saying that. Roma play some of the most attractive football in europe.

Teams like Palermo (Amuari), and Sampdoria (Cassano, he really is back to his best) don't have an all around good team, but those two players I mentioned make watching their games alone.

Maybe some of the smaller teams can be called out for just being defensive, but I think thats like that in any league. They know they can't match up outright with the big clubs so they try and get the point.

Dirty Knowledge
05-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Cop Seriously Injured in Clash With Fans

AP
Posted: 2008-05-18 15:02:20

PARMA, Italy (May 18) - A police officer was in a serious condition with spleen wounds following clashes with Inter Milan fans Sunday, local reports said.

Another officer was slightly injured in the clashes before Inter's game with Parma, the ANSA news agency reported.

Inter fans were barred from attending the game, which Inter won 2-0 to clinch the Italian league title.

The clashes involved fans without tickets attempting to climb over fences to enter the stadium. One Parma fan was slightly injured, ANSA reported.

Despite the ban, about 1,000 Inter fans still managed to attend the match.

After the game, Inter fans heavily damaged a school near the stadium, ANSA said.

-=-

Now that's gangsta.

Dirty Knowledge
05-19-2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/48679

American Soccer Fans Prepare For World Cup By Pushing Each Other Through Chain-Link Fences

CHICAGO—Nineteen soccer fans have been killed and 73 injured in a series of practice soccer riots conducted to prepare for the June 9 opening of the World Cup, in which Chicago-area fans took turns crushing each other against chain-link fences in local parks, soccer fields, and vacant lots. "Too many Americans think of 'European football' as an endless series of passes, an arbitrary and unfathomable penalty system, and little if any scoring," said 28-year-old hooligan-in-training Alec Murrow. "While those are important traditions, there's much more to the way the rest of the world celebrates the Beautiful Game, such as rushing the field if your team is losing, grunting like apes when a black player has the ball, and beating supporters of other clubs half to death in the streets." The rioters, all of whom follow European soccer teams such as Millwall, AC Milan, and Juventus, claimed that casualties would have been higher if not for the difficulty of maiming people without using one's hands.http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/onion/assets/terminator.gif

-=-

This is the only influence we can find from European Football?

HANZO
05-19-2008, 02:29 PM
^^ happens all the time. actually too many times. kinda surprising this can happen in Italy though, after the fans killed a cop last season. you would think they stepped up the security.

Dirty Knowledge
05-19-2008, 02:30 PM
I know it happens all the time. Europeans are fucking morons.