PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Krimewave
07-01-2005, 06:54 AM
seems like Barca vs Chelsea this CL-season, cause I think that Milan will have to cope with the unexpected deafeat last season. and teams like turin, manu, munich and lyon aren't strong enough (yet)
nah.
remember liverpool won it this year, so all the teams you've listed there are more than capable of doing so as they are all better than liverpool.
(I assume by turin you mean Juventus)

main contenders are the usual suspects (Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca, Real, Juve, Milan etc), add to that arsenal, Munich and Lyon.

36chambers
07-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I like Lyon in the Champions League, very good team.

Cant see Arsenal winning it for a long time... they seem to play really shit in Europe in comparison 2 the league.

36chambers
07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Its official, heres the new home and away shirts from Juventus...

http://www.soccer.com/Images/Catalog/ProductImages/300/196458.BK.JPG

http://www.soccer.com/images/catalog/productimages/600/196458.RE02.JPG

http://www.soccer.com/Images/Catalog/ProductImages/300/196462.SC.JPG

http://www.soccer.com/images/catalog/productimages/600/196462.RE02.JPG

Looks like all the new Nike shirts will have the country flag on the back of the neck. Im getting the Juve away shirt, I hear the person who owns Juventus also owns Ferrari... it shows here:

http://cimg.163.com/gzit/20030314/images/photo3.jpg

Lovely stuff!

FrenchShin
07-01-2005, 03:10 PM
the first time i see new shirts, i generally don't like them. but after a few weeks, i get used to them and i can choose...

36chambers
07-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Dont u like them? I think they are sexy... :D

FrenchShin
07-02-2005, 03:59 AM
i don't like the red one much.

Ronin
07-02-2005, 06:37 AM
nah, the home ones dope though

vieri is shit now, inter released him on a free lol

diddnt he cost like 30 million?

FrenchShin
07-02-2005, 11:28 AM
he's 32, sounds like the end of a career for a forward who has been injured so many times.

who is gonna replace him at inter, that is the question.

36chambers
07-02-2005, 01:25 PM
New Chelsea home shirt...

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/582/chelseatop0el.jpg

"Im lovin it"

Decka
07-02-2005, 01:26 PM
not feelin that shirt to much, shouldnt of changed the crest

Ouroborous
07-02-2005, 01:34 PM
The Manchester RedSox are gonna kick butt in the ball arena this series........ Got a good backstop in Van Der Sar

Ouroborous
07-02-2005, 01:37 PM
But seriously Man U will kick arse this year.......Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand & Heinze for a whole season (touch wood).......... without all 4 at start of last season & it showed............ I like Van der Sar, Park can't be worse than some of the others who play, but who's he going to play ahead of? Fletcher? Giggs? Ronaldo? Keane? Scholes? i can't see it myself......... Still need a centre half or to switch Silvestre to left back & Heinze to his proper position of centre half.

36chambers
07-02-2005, 01:39 PM
not feelin that shirt to much, shouldnt of changed the crestThe crest has been changed because its Chelsea's centenery year, 100 years. 1905. So its just for this season.

The shirt design will be probably like the England home shirt.

Ouroborous
07-02-2005, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=36chambers]The crest has been changed because its Chelsea's centenery year, 100 years. 1905. So its just for this season.

That go for the colour too? Looks much darker blue than usual, glasgow rangers type colour

FrenchShin
07-02-2005, 02:02 PM
i don't feel umbro...

36chambers
07-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Good point. Maybe but cant really tell right now cos the quality isnt the best.

36chambers
07-02-2005, 02:16 PM
i don't feel umbro...
Me either, were going to Adidas after this...

JASPER
07-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Juve shirts are still the best..hands down

Ouroborous
07-03-2005, 04:29 AM
Fed up of that bloody redcurrant shirt...........I remember a proper centenary shirt

Ouroborous
07-03-2005, 04:30 AM
Man Utd newton heath yellow & green halves with the black ties............classic

FrenchShin
07-03-2005, 05:37 AM
Samuel and Solari are said to leave Madrid to go to Inter... i don't like that much.

and Ronaldo will probably get a Spanish passport in September, following Roberto Carlos.

Ouroborous
07-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Expect Man U to go for Solari (again)
Samuel has been shocking for Real........him & Woodgate were supposed to sort their defence out.........made it worse

36chambers
07-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Woodgate still hasn't played a game for them yet

Ouroborous
07-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I know............ same ol' shit. Even Wes Brown plays more games than him.
They should have gone for someone who's not injury prone........Ledley perhaps.
Even Beckham @ centre half couldn't be any worse than Pavon or Raul Bravo.

Racailla
07-03-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't like Real at all. I hope that Samuel will leave the squad because he is a good defender, in contrast to the other real-players:
salgado ain't bad but he can't reach the top-level real would need
r. carlos is imo more a left midfielder than a defender
and Pavon and Bravo would hardly play in an average Spanish team

sakk
07-03-2005, 12:59 PM
When is the world cup?
I know USA aint gonna win it.
Who will?

sakk
07-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Also who is the best player in the world?

36chambers
07-03-2005, 01:07 PM
2006 in Germany...

I think Holland will...

Frank Lampard is the best player in the world, of course ;)

sakk
07-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I like soccer but it doesnt get much coverage in U.S.
I'll be watching the world cup tho.

Wheres a good website to look at soccer stats (who has the most goals and such)?

36chambers
07-03-2005, 02:38 PM
www.skysports.com (http://www.skysports.com)

Ronin
07-03-2005, 04:28 PM
LMAO at frank lampard being the best

worldwide its ronaldinho in the general consensus

but u got shevchenko, henry, adriano, cech, buffon, nesta, gerrard, john terry who have all had ridiculous seasons

FrenchShin
07-03-2005, 04:49 PM
zidane is still the most beautiful and elegant player...

but the best ???? best for what ? best to defend ? best to score ? best what .... george best ?

JASPER
07-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Every player has it's own value and task in the field. I'd say Zidini is the most valuable player at this moment. He can basically do anything and he's good at it. There are more players like that. Lucio is another good example, he's a great defender, but can also start an attack with ease.

I have favourites, who I think are very useful and know how to score a goal. They include, Adriano, Chevchenko, Nedved, Henry and Tevez.

Racailla
07-04-2005, 04:46 AM
I think Lampard, Chevchenko and Ronaldinho are the most valuable players for their teams.
I mean, Henry is a phaenomenal player, no doubt, but he cannot bring Arsenal to the highest level in the champions league as we all could see quite a several times, also Adriano. Tevez became fatter than Oliver Hardy, not to his own advantage.

JASPER
07-04-2005, 04:53 AM
As you should know, one player can't make a team always win. You can have a team with the best players in the world, but that's no guarantee for success.

It is just me or does Nedved get underappriciated too often?

FrenchShin
07-04-2005, 06:56 AM
he's so underappreciated that he won the Golden Ball (Ballon d'Or) 2 or 3 years ago... he's still good but he gets old.

36chambers
07-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Looks like Gerrard is leaving now...

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=289261&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Gerrard+nears+Anfield+exit&channel=football_home

Liverpool need some more scousers.

JASPER
07-04-2005, 07:10 AM
he's so underappreciated that he won the Golden Ball (Ballon d'Or) 2 or 3 years ago... he's still good but he gets old.He's still a very important player but I hear no one about him now.

Racailla
07-04-2005, 12:21 PM
As you should know, one player can't make a team always win. You can have a team with the best players in the world, but that's no guarantee for success.

It is just me or does Nedved get underappriciated too often?

Yeah, this is certain, but "valuable" just means the different with the most influence to his team... and you know, that's just what I explained.

Nedved is excellent like Zidane but already behind their prime

Ouroborous
07-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Rooney, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Kaka must be up there oh and Mickael Silvestre, Jens Lehmann & Tiago.

Ouroborous
07-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo that is, Big boy ronaldo too

FrenchShin
07-04-2005, 02:28 PM
this thread is becoming insane.... lol

Racailla
07-04-2005, 03:25 PM
LOL? ridiculous... Silvestre, Lehmann and Tiago??

36chambers
07-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Im lost now, dont know whats going on...

JASPER
07-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Me neither, but I found a pretty good picture of Ronaldinho

http://photos18.flickr.com/23617476_3319c6c4ad.jpg

36chambers
07-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Before everyone gets a big errection, i guarantee u when u read the papers in the UK tomorrow that Chelsea have made a bid in the region of 30m for Gerrard.

Mark my words, I know how the papers work ;)

Roman Deini
07-05-2005, 02:57 AM
vieri to milan. i heard chelsea made a 32m offer for gerrard. robinho stays at santos. crespo to juve maybe and gilardino to milan.

36chambers
07-05-2005, 08:56 AM
vieri is shit now, inter released him on a free lol
Whats even funnier is AC Milan have just signed him :yes

haha

ratty mayonnaise
07-05-2005, 12:24 PM
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew
everton ownz yew

:) miss me?

36chambers
07-05-2005, 12:33 PM
no^^

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2087/goodbyegerrard2lq.jpg

:D

Krimewave
07-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Rooney, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Kaka must be up there oh and Mickael Silvestre, Jens Lehmann & Tiago.

Silvestre? wtf? he's not even one of Man Utd's best 4 defenders, he doesn't make the first 11 when everyone is fit.

Mark my words, I know how the papers work.

lol, yeah they go looking on fans' forums to get their stories!

Ouroborous
07-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ouroborous

Obviously just joking about the last three..............

Gerrard should go to a team that plays decent football like Man U or Arsenal.........when was the last time Real Madrid had a 'good season' - haven't won Spanish league the last two years, not a force in Europe either. Chelsea is just for the money. He turned down £100k p/w from the 'pool, how much must Chelsea be offering...............

FrenchShin
07-05-2005, 03:35 PM
this thread is becoming insane.... lol
i second myself

36chambers
07-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Chelsea wont be offering him more than 100k, because then we will have to up Terry and Lampards wages... something in there contract, and if he comes to Chelsea hes there to win the league, cant say that about Man U or Arsenal can you? muhaha. He would be silly to stay in England, he would get so much shit.

Anyway, Chelsea dont need him, Makelele has done a brilliant job so he can go 2 Spain... with all that said, i wouldn't mind if he came to Chelsea, bout time the scousers got robbed for once.

Plus Gerrard has said its not 4 the money, he wants 2 win the prem, and he can only do that at the top 3 clubs, cant see Arsenal affording 30m, Man U maybe if ugly Glazers fork out. Dont know if Madrid would pay 30m tho, seeing as they are supposedly signing Robinho for 25-30m.

Krimewave
07-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ouroborous

Obviously just joking about the last three..............

hahaha. yeah, I didn't pay attention to the other two names first time I read it.

as for gerrard, I don't think liverpool fans should worry too much cause I reckon Alonso is a better box to box midfielder than gerrard anyway.

FrenchShin
07-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Dont know if Madrid would pay 30m tho, seeing as they are supposedly signing Robinho for 25-30m.
his agent said he would fulfill his contract at Santos, which ends in..... 2008 pff

Roman Deini
07-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has made an amazing U-turn by deciding to stay at the club.

Gerrard had looked to be on his way out of Anfield after telling the club he wanted to leave on Tuesday.

The England international rejected Liverpool's offer of a new deal late on Monday night, paving the way for a move out of Anfield.

Chelsea had seen a bid for the midfielder turned down on Tuesday and they looked to be favourites to land his signature.

However, Gerrard after mulling over his future, has decided to stay at Liverpool and the news is a massive boost for Rafa Benitez and everyone at the club with The Reds beginning the defence of their European Cup next week.

Reds chief executive Rick Parry revealed the amazing twist on Wednesday morning, claiming Gerrard was now set to sign a new deal.

"Steven's decided to stay," Parry told Sky Sports News. "He realises how much the club means to him; genuinely, it's a little bit like last year, perhaps even more dramatic.

"I think the language he's been using to us even when he said he was going, he never said he wanted to go as he said it was so difficult, I don't think I can come back; he never said he wanted to go.

"The last 24 hours he has reflected on it and thought it through and he wants to stay.

"I couldn't be more delighted and, from my point of view, it is what we wanted all along.

"I apologise to Stevie if I've misread his emotions. I guess I thought after Istanbul I thought we knew where we were going, but it was obviously praying on his mind.

"He was anxious and he genuinely felt club wasn't as enthusiastic as we might be about keeping him and there were one or two issues with the contract he took to be perhaps a lack of enthuasism on our part, which it wasn't, but he understands that now.

"We had some emotional moments together and cleared all that and I don't think it will happen again.

"There were a few late night phone calls and a few very early morning calls this morning and I think he just wants a couple of days to go away and clear his head now.

"It hasn't been easy for him but, as far as we're concerned, it's the right decision."

Parry believes Gerrard will now sign a new improved deal to extend his stay at Anfield.

"I think it's hammered (a new deal). I don't think it's an issue," added Parry. "We all understand what is required and that's the easy bit.

"I think to be fair to Stevie, he's not staying because he was concerned about negativity. The point I made to Stevie on Monday was think of the fans in Istanbul, think of the positives, how can you leave that? And I think that's been on his mind.

"It is not a decision for negative reasons he found it complicated but it was always difficult for him to say he wanted to go and I'm more certain than ever that he's fully committed and this is where he wants to be." When asked if the latest development would mean Chelsea and Real Madrid could forget about signing him, Parry added: "Absolutely."

Gerrard released a statement defending his agent Struan Marshall from any blame in the transfer saga.

"There seems to be a lot of blame heading in his (Marshall's) direction over recent events," said Gerrard.

"I can say from the bottom of my heart that he has carried out my wishes and I want to thank him for his support during this difficult period."

FrenchShin
07-06-2005, 05:23 AM
liverpool can do great things. they weren't lucky last year. it's good to know gerrard stays there.

Ronin
07-06-2005, 06:55 AM
lol did they score past chelsea?

the roy carrol incident against spurs was a more obvious goal

liverpool will never win the league or champs league within the next 5 years, id bet money on that

FrenchShin
07-06-2005, 07:00 AM
can we talk about facts and football instead of talking about fake expectations ?

whitey
07-06-2005, 09:33 AM
unluck with crespo moving back to chelsea

Ouroborous
07-06-2005, 01:50 PM
36, u think Chelsea would have won the leaue last year if Man U hadn't beaten the Arse early doors? or if Man U had Ferdinand, Heinze, Ronaldo & Rooney available all season? i don't think so............. and you know both play much more attractive football than Chelsea.

I think Chelsea will be better off with Crespo than Drogba though, Crespo didn't get a fair crack his first year, just like Kezman.....no Batman & Robben next year!!!!!

36chambers
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
36, u think Chelsea would have won the leaue last year if Man U hadn't beaten the Arse early doors? or if Man U had Ferdinand, Heinze, Ronaldo & Rooney available all season? i don't think so............. and you know both play much more attractive football than Chelsea.

I think Chelsea will be better off with Crespo than Drogba though, Crespo didn't get a fair crack his first year, just like Kezman.....no Batman & Robben next year!!!!!
I havent got a clue, no one will know. Im pretty sure Man U beating Arsenal was a factor in it tho, and i disagree with the attractive football part, we were playing better than both teams when Robben was playing, scoring 4 goals every game. But every team went thru there rough patch last season when they were playing poor, Chelsea just won them games with no style while the other 2 didnt. And injuries are apart of fooball, u cant say Chelsea won the league because of these 2 factors. End of the day, Chelsea were the better team out of the 3 over the season and in europe and it shows.

Kezman was crap, was getting fed up trying to defend him cos i couldnt in the end, he was useless. He 1st touch was very poor, maybe that was due to low confidence. Some players just cant hack it in the prem, look at Forlan... top goalscorer in spain this season and over all of europe. I wouldnt be surprised if Kezman was top scorer this season coming. As far as Drogba is concerned i willing to give him another season to prove his worth to the team, he plays well in matches but just misses lots of opportunities. With Duff and Robben, Cole and Lampard behind him he has no excuses. Henry wasnt good in his 1st season and he turned out well so we'll see. I think this season coming will be one of the biggest in England, it will be alot tighter between the 3. Arsenal still need a goalie and maybe a striker tho so they may suffer if they dont get cover. Van der sar was a nice signing could save Man u's season.

We'll see...

Krimewave
07-06-2005, 02:44 PM
liverpool can do great things. they weren't lucky last year. it's good to know gerrard stays there.
are you sure about that?
I'd say liverpool were very lucky on several occasions last season, esp. beating chelsae 1-0 without even having to score a goal.

Ronin
07-07-2005, 11:21 AM
arsenal getting baptista

they like prestons u21 english keeper too

FrenchShin
07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
are you sure about that?
I'd say liverpool were very lucky on several occasions last season, esp. beating chelsae 1-0 without even having to score a goal.
sure about what ? it's my opinion... of course i'm sure about my opinion.

Krimewave
07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
sure about what ? it's my opinion... of course i'm sure about my opinion.
hahaha, fair play son. I guess you base your opinion on some pretty fucked up evidence, lol.

if it's unlucky to get given a goal head start in a Champions Cup semi final by the ref, amongst other things (flukey double saves, lucky penalty shoot outs etc), then I suppose liverpool are gonna be unstoppable when they have a "lucky" season.

imo, liverpool were very lucky to win the Champions Cup, I know a few liverpool fans who agree too.

I'm not bothered though cause I made quite alot of money betting on the final, lol.

Ouroborous
07-07-2005, 01:03 PM
U have to be lucky to win the Champions League.......look at Porto. Beat Man U with injury time goal, Scholes had goal disallowed for offside when he was onside by 2 yards, Monaco lost their captain & best player 2 minutes into the final etc. Man U were lucky to win against Bayern in 1999, two injury time goals. Chelsea were lucky to put Barcelona out......... only went thru cos Collina left his contacts @ home & didn't see Carvalho groping the barca keeper lol.

Ouroborous
07-07-2005, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=36chambers]I havent got a clue, no one will know. Im pretty sure Man U beating Arsenal was a factor in it tho, and i disagree with the attractive football part, we were playing better than both teams when Robben was playing, scoring 4 goals every game. But every team went thru there rough patch last season when they were playing poor, Chelsea just won them games with no style while the other 2 didnt. And injuries are apart of fooball, u cant say Chelsea won the league because of these 2 factors. End of the day, Chelsea were the better team out of the 3 over the season and in europe and it shows.

- I agree Chelsea deserved to win league were best team over season and were by far most consistent. It wasn't injuries (bar Rooney) it was bloody Olympics & drug test bans - bullshit stuff.

Cech season was flash in the pan - you wait (wishful thinking) - second season syndrome. Wish Utd had got Robben though as they were supposed to before bloody Kenyon fucked everything up as he did for Ronaldinho.

whitey
07-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Robben is one of the top 5 players in the world right now. Chelsea is a great team without him, and absolutely sick with him.

Whoever said Man U was unlucky or whatever, everyone else in the leauge was lucky that Robben (and Duff to some extent) was hurt for a big portion of the season or they would have just demolished everyone. So no complaining about injuries, it happens.

Ouroborous
07-07-2005, 01:39 PM
i didnt complain about injuries..............still or say man u was unlucky.
wish half man u players had been injured, probly would have done better
as i said 'Chelsea deserved to win league were best team over season and were by far most consistent.'
but there's no denying neither man u or arsenal were their usual self of last 4/5 years last season........
Robben is awesome but i'll give you 5+ better players @ mo.......Rooney, Ronaldinho, Kaka, C. Ronaldo, Henry & Terry

whitey
07-07-2005, 01:51 PM
rooney, no. hes good, very good, but doesnt change games like Robben does.

christiano (he is my favorite player) as much as i love him i dont think hes better than robben, i love how flashy and tricky he is but i just cant honestly say i think hes better than robben.

Kaka is i think minutly under Robben, though he is also one of my favorite players, on my favorite team.

Ronaldinho its not a question, man is number 1.

Henry, is pure goal scorer, but hes not better than Robben. If Henry was more of a force in Europe i think id say so, but him and Arsenal always get shit on out of England.

Terry is a defender, i dont really consider defenders to be put as the best players in the world, hes is very good at what he does but i think i would take Robben over him.

Ouroborous
07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Rooney doesn't change games??????????
Did u see Euro 2004? He was best player in Prem last few months of the season too.
As for Cristiano, who was better in the Euro's? Takes free kicks, crosses etc as well as beating people and scoring goals - best player in the last 2 fa cup finals.
Kaka - come on man, be serious! this kid is unbelievable.
As for defenders not best players, thats what the real madrid president thinks and probably reason why they don't win league or champions league anymore.
I think Robben is amazing, but so are a lot of wingers.......Joaquin for instance.

Ronin
07-07-2005, 02:17 PM
LOL AT ROBBEN BEING A TOP 5 PLAYER AHAHAHAHA

hes fast and has a decent shot but hes a diving shit whose weak

hes gonna be one of these 'couldve been greats' and injured all the time

pires scored more goals than him and hes even more of a diving cheating bastard

Racailla
07-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Robben is way overrated - he got skills but is most times ineffectiv

Krimewave
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
LOL AT ROBBEN BEING A TOP 5 PLAYER AHAHAHAHA

hes fast and has a decent shot but hes a diving shit whose weak

hes gonna be one of these 'couldve been greats' and injured all the time

pires scored more goals than him and hes even more of a diving cheating bastard
lmao.

don't hold back son.
just say what's on your mind, lol.

:D:D

ufa
07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
i support DYNAMO KIEV and CHELSEA

and of course Ukrainian National Team :)

FrenchShin
07-07-2005, 03:07 PM
hahaha, fair play son. I guess you base your opinion on some pretty fucked up evidence, lol.

if it's unlucky to get given a goal head start in a Champions Cup semi final by the ref, amongst other things (flukey double saves, lucky penalty shoot outs etc), then I suppose liverpool are gonna be unstoppable when they have a "lucky" season.

imo, liverpool were very lucky to win the Champions Cup, I know a few liverpool fans who agree too.

I'm not bothered though cause I made quite alot of money betting on the final, lol.
thanks for your very wise judgement. i was referring to the Premier League and all the injured players they got this year.

07-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Ajax!

whitey
07-07-2005, 04:52 PM
figo set to join the reds if madrid dont ask for a transfer fee is the word...

ironmantis
07-08-2005, 03:18 AM
figo set to join the reds if madrid dont ask for a transfer fee is the word...
really, is he going to join Barnsley? or maybe Piacenza?

peace

Laga
07-08-2005, 07:34 AM
really, is he going to join Barnsley? or maybe Piacenza?

peace
:nerdy: WTF

The reds is Liverpool F.C...

ironmantis
07-08-2005, 10:51 AM
:nerdy: WTF

The reds is Liverpool F.C...
{:(

36chambers
07-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Its the Doctah... Dr HappyHorseShit!!!

FrenchShin
07-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Ajax!
lol... glad to see you didn't change... :)

36chambers
07-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I find it hilarious how every Liverpool fan I know says they are going to win the league now Carragher and Gerrard have signed new contracts +)

come on Chelsea...

07-08-2005, 01:05 PM
lol... glad to see you didn't change... :)

:)

I find it hilarious how every Liverpool fan I know says they are going to win the league now Carragher and Gerrard have signed new contracts

Carragher and Gerrard are playing for liverpool for years and they never won the league, so why would they win this year ;)

come on Chelsea...

:thumbdwn:

whitey
07-08-2005, 03:21 PM
i think liverpool has talent, but i still dont see them winning the leauge. inconsitancy just kills them. if they could play every game the way they do for some games then id believe it, but not till then.

Ouroborous
07-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Muffsee will cain the arsenalholes & the chelski this year..........rooney for world player of year.

T4R1K
07-08-2005, 05:49 PM
muffsee? is that MUFC???

T4R1K
07-08-2005, 05:49 PM
any arsenal fans here?

36chambers
07-08-2005, 07:09 PM
any arsenal fans here?
nah non of us are THAT sad... saying that, Ronin is a BIG ARSEnal fan! :point:

Racailla
07-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Everthon traded from Dortmund to Saragossa
Figo only to sign the reds if Real lets him leave for free

FrenchShin
07-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Lamouchi to Marseille.
Dhorasso definitely at Paris.
Solari to Inter Milan... maybe Samuel will follow.

Rebel_INS
07-09-2005, 06:02 AM
NFL!! :):) yoyo

Ronin
07-09-2005, 06:11 AM
woah, 27 is back

wernt u a spiderman fan?

36chambers
07-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Arsenal are tapping Julio Baptista up now

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=290420&lid=2&cpid=23&title=Sevilla+warn+Arsenal&channel=football_home

haha fuckin hypocrits

Jester
07-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Super Tottenham Hotspurs!

Ouroborous
07-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Man U & Arsenal both tap up too.......Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Robben etc, they're just a little more sly about the whole thing................

whitey
07-09-2005, 05:00 PM
why would stam or robben leave their respective clubs?

Milan and Chelsea are the class of european football at the moment.

why step down to man u or arse?

36chambers
07-09-2005, 06:00 PM
No I think he meant when Robben was at PSV and Stam was at Lazio.

Ouroborous
07-10-2005, 06:49 AM
(stam tapped up by man u when he was at psv before man u bought him) - they booted him out, not he wanted to leave.

(robben tapped up by man u before kenyon buggered up the transfer & defected then added stupid 5 million on top of transfer to get him for chelsea).

Milan are hardly the class of european football, didn't win league, lost a 3-0 lead over the fifth best english club and ended up losing, similar situation season before with deportivo la coruna, again fourth or fifth best team in that country.

as for chelsea, wow the won the league ONE year. doesn't make them class of european football..........

Ronin
07-10-2005, 06:49 AM
man u and arsenal a step down from chelsea? how man times have chelsea won the league, fa cup and champs league compared to man u and arsenal

(champs league applies to man u only lol)

Ouroborous
07-10-2005, 06:53 AM
36, u gonna love this one:

"Liverpool are planning an audacious £6m bid to land Chelsea defender William Gallas - but may face competition from Barcelona."

FrenchShin
07-10-2005, 08:14 AM
barcelona said they don't need more players.

36chambers
07-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Barcelona and Liverpool especially can slide that £6m plus Gerrard up there rectums. I dont know how much Gallas is worth but i wouldn't sell him for that, I just wouldn't sell him fullstop. Hes brilliant for Chelsea.

Ouroborous
07-10-2005, 08:24 AM
i think he's quality.........better than Carvalho definitely. Probably most underrated CB in prem.
I reckon Utd ought to tell Rio where to stick his greed & disloyalty & buy Gallas to play alongside Heinze in the middle.

Barca always say that.......... sure they're not done for the summer yet.

Krimewave
07-10-2005, 02:02 PM
I reckon Utd ought to tell Rio where to stick his greed & disloyalty & buy Gallas to play alongside Heinze in the middle.

ditto.
rio is taking the piss out of the club that stood by him when he got banned because he couldn't stay away from the marching powder at the weekends.
his agent says he's the best defender in the world, I reckon he's not even the best defender at the club.

Ouroborous
07-10-2005, 03:45 PM
ditto.
rio is taking the piss out of the club that stood by him when he got banned because he couldn't stay away from the marching powder at the weekends.
his agent says he's the best defender in the world, I reckon he's not even the best defender at the club.
lol. Yeah, shit we got phil neville...............

Surgeon General
07-10-2005, 10:33 PM
i hear rumours that robinho is goin to arsenal maybe? someone clarify this shit

sorry if it has already been discussed

Krimewave
07-11-2005, 06:27 AM
lol. Yeah, shit we got phil neville...............

hahaha.
no, I actually meant Gabriel Heinze, but I'm guessing you knew that, lol.

Ouroborous
07-11-2005, 02:01 PM
i hear rumours that robinho is goin to arsenal maybe? someone clarify this shit

sorry if it has already been discussed
The kid is fixed on a move to Real apparently so i've heard......... can't see it myself robinho @ arsenal.

whitey
07-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Benitez said: 'Our chief executive Rick Parry is in contact with Southampton. Crouch is a player I like and I would hope that the final talking will be over as soon as possible.'

would not be a bad move, i think crouch is a decent player.

also word is that liverpool are starting to move away from signing figo due to madrids insistance of a 2 million euro transfer fee

Ouroborous
07-11-2005, 02:17 PM
hmmm........not sure, don't think he's shit or anything but can hardly see him being golden boot material either..........certainly don't think he's better than morientes, cisse, baros etc.....

Surgeon General
07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
i think crouch is dope, morientes was weak last season and crouch did very well with a team that got relegated

36chambers
07-11-2005, 07:16 PM
I think Baros is rubbish. He plays like a headless chicken at times, not very consistent.

36chambers
07-11-2005, 10:21 PM
better look at the centenery home shirt

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/images/product/xlarge/ChelHSSboys0506.jpg

everyone go buy it, make roman richer!!!

36chambers
07-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Steven Gerrard... what happened???

http://www.evertonians.net/Files/Pictures/Gerrardblue1__2_.jpg

:nonono:

FrenchShin
07-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Beckam was at Tottenham Hotspurs when he was little too...

Ronin
07-12-2005, 06:30 AM
i heard man yoo poached alot of players through the little leagues

Krimewave
07-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Beckam was at Tottenham Hotspurs when he was little too...
he wasn't actually on their books, he had a series of trials there.
he turned up wearing a Man Utd shirt too, lol.
the spurs coaches weren't too impressed apparently.

Roman Deini
07-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Beast Eyes Barcelona

Sevilla striker Julio Baptista could be considering a move to Spanish champions Barcelona.

The Brazilian marksman is a top target of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, but Baptista is keen to remain in Spain in order to obtain an EU passport.

"I am not discarding anything, all is possible," Baptista told COM Radio.

"My agent and I are clear on what is important and that is to have an EU passport.

"I have just one year to go before I stop being a foreigner. I need to remain here one year longer in Spain and after that I will think about what to do.

"I know of the interest from Arsenal, they had in mind to make a proposal to Sevilla and they talked to my agent, but what happens has to be of benefit to both sides."

Sevilla have already turned down an offer from The Gunners, but Barca boss Frank Rijkaard could launch a bid for the powerful hit-man.

The 23-year-old, known as 'The Beast', seems to be considering a switch to Camp Nou.

"Barca is a great club, everyone knows about the way they play and you have to congratulate them for that.

"They have formed a great team with great players like Ronnie (Ronaldinho). With the quality of Ronnie it is very easy to play next to him."

Sevilla's failure to reach the UEFA Champions League last term could be a factor in Baptista opting to leave, and Barca would seem to be the ideal place so he could also remain in Spain.

"This year I would have liked a lot for the team to qualify for the Champions League but it did not happen. "At the moment I am fine at Sevilla but I have to think about myself and consider the teams that are interested in me."

07-12-2005, 12:19 PM
how funny.... Baptista was original a defender when he went to Sevilla!!

Ouroborous
07-12-2005, 01:25 PM
http://www.kitbag.com/product_images/maxzoom/prd_maxzoom_195597-400.jpg

Now thats what i'm talking about...................

Ouroborous
07-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Giggs was at Man City as a wee nipper
Kieran Richardson was at West Ham

Ouroborous
07-12-2005, 01:29 PM
I think Baros is rubbish. He plays like a headless chicken at times, not very consistent.
Top scorer in the Euro's.........one things for sure he's better than Carlton Cole & Drogba!!!!!

He's used to playing with a big man (Koller) for the Czech's.........could be deadly with Crouch, but doubt you'd leave out Morientes or Cisse. I bloody wouldn't!

Surgeon General
07-12-2005, 01:33 PM
i like the new chelsea jersey..not really feelin man unted....but it is their away jersey i guess, still weak though

Ouroborous
07-12-2005, 01:39 PM
i like the new chelsea jersey..not really feelin man unted....but it is their away jersey i guess, still weak though
whats that shit under the arm on the chelsea shirt? horrible!

i love the man u shirt, better than the black number any day, not a fan of black footy shirts!!!!!!!

36chambers
07-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Top scorer in the Euro's.........one things for sure he's better than Carlton Cole & Drogba!!!!!
Diego Forlan was the top goalscorer in Europe this season, does that make him better than Adriano or Shevchenko? ;)

Trust me if Drogba stays clear of injury this season hes scoring 20 goals.

36chambers
07-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Man U away shirt isnt too bad, kinda looks like a training top. Dunno if u ever saw this but this is the funniest thing ive seen in a while, Man U's new home shirt...

http://img108.echo.cx/img108/1418/godblessunited7mr.jpg

haha :D while were here, whats man u fans thoughts on glazer now?

Surgeon General
07-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Hahaha, Thats Dope

Krimewave
07-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Giggs was at Man City as a wee nipper

nah, he played for a Man City affiliated junior team but has never been on Man City's books.
United signed him on his birthday as soon as he was old enough to sign for anyone.
the only team Giggsy's ever played for is United.

36chambers
07-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Just a shame he chose Wales.

whitey
07-12-2005, 08:41 PM
musta really ment a lot for him id assume.

Krimewave
07-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Just a shame he chose Wales.

word.
a big shame for England.
but his mother asked him to choose wales so he respected her wishes.

Ronin
07-13-2005, 12:53 PM
giggs actually played for england at schoolboy level

Ouroborous
07-13-2005, 01:08 PM
nah, he played for a Man City affiliated junior team but has never been on Man City's books.
United signed him on his birthday as soon as he was old enough to sign for anyone.
the only team Giggsy's ever played for is United.
Giggs was trained at the school of excellence of Man City until fourteen........never said 'he was on their books' - like I said as wee nipper.

Don't give shit about Glazer's, more fucked off at rio!

36, course Forlan's better than Shev & Adriano..........lol. to be fair he did score 7 goals in 3 games vs barca or some crazy shit last year and score more than eto'o...who i'd just like to say is the fucking boy.

Drogba looks like a troll with that greasemop.....JFH woulda scored 20+ last year, no doubt, crespo too.

FrenchShin
07-13-2005, 02:31 PM
uruguayan national team is a mystery for me... dope players, weak level... well, by weak i mean, weaker than france currently lol

Krimewave
07-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Giggs was trained at the school of excellence of Man City until fourteen........never said 'he was on their books' - like I said as wee nipper.

no, but you said he was "at Man City", which isn't right.
like I said, he played for a City affiliated junior team, because he training at a Man City affiliated school of excellence.
he was never "at Man City".

Krimewave
07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Don't give shit about Glazer's, more fucked off at rio!

:no:

Ronin
07-13-2005, 05:46 PM
thats possible?

36chambers
07-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Vieira is leaving muhahaha

Cheerio :hooray:

36chambers
07-13-2005, 07:16 PM
New shirts...

AC Meelan away

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5673/acmilan9ke.png

3rd shirt...

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6356/milan0er.png

I like the 3rd, the white one is too boring IMO.

whitey
07-13-2005, 07:39 PM
gerrard hat trick against that welsh team today.

and veira is off to juve is what i heard. sick move, im a milan fan but i hate to admit it that makes juve a much better squad, building on top of an already very good squad.

36chambers
07-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Wouldn't count on it, Vieira has been rubbish over the past 2 seasons for Arsenal. But hes getting old so maybe Serie A would suit him more now?

whitey
07-13-2005, 10:12 PM
ahha o is that a joke?

saw something the other day on fsc that showed seria A as the toughest in the world.

Ouroborous
07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Vieira is leaving muhahaha

Cheerio :hooray:

Yeah, what a shame.......no chance for Roy Keane to make him look as small as Paul Scholes anymore!

GIGGS WAS AT MAN CITY AS A KID.........LIKE I WAS AT LUTON TOWN AS A KID. JUST COS IT WASN'T THE FIRST TEAM DOESN'T MEAN ITS NOT THE CLUB. TUT.

HENCE WHY THEY SAY SHIT LIKE HE'S BEEN AT THE CLUB SINCE THE AGE OF 13.......

Ouroborous
07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
New shirts...

I like the 3rd, the white one is too boring IMO.
Both boring really...........great team, boring shirts. Last kit of theirs I liked was the gold number in the Vieira, Desailly & Weah days..........George Weah..... what a legend.

FrenchShin
07-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Appiah will play for Arsenal, he was in Vieira's deal between Arsenal and Juve.

anyway, it'll make full room for Fabregas to blow. good news.

Ronin
07-14-2005, 04:27 PM
lol 36, its been known that players do the most running in serie games, it might not be fast passed but players are always on the move

i heard appiah is dope so it could be good for fabregas and the other young guy

gilberto silva is dope too

36chambers
07-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Theres no doubt Vieira has the stamina still be he lacks the pace, should have moved to Serie A a few seasons back. Im not takin the piss, its just a slower league. I think Owen would kill it in Italy.

Maybe they run more because there pitches are bigger than the Premier league ones, could be u know. The pitches over here are small as hell compared to Spain and Italy.

whitey
07-14-2005, 09:44 PM
appiah is good from what ive seen. scored a sick goal against calgiari last game of the season. and hes young, so ya never know.

FrenchShin
07-15-2005, 01:08 AM
i heard appiah is dope so it could be good for fabregas and the other young guy
who ? flamini ? well, i gotta admit that he fucked marseille pretty good lol... a good kid ! i didn't follow it this year, so i can't say how he plays.

Roman Deini
07-15-2005, 07:51 AM
appiah isnt involved in the deal with vieira. he still is a juve player.

Roman Deini
07-15-2005, 08:09 AM
http://www.juventus.com/FE_images/fotogallery/pres_maglie_gall/zoom/04.jpg
http://www.juventus.com/FE_images/fotogallery/pres_maglie_gall/zoom/09.jpg

Ouroborous
07-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Theres no doubt Vieira has the stamina still be he lacks the pace.
As if he needs pace with the length of his strides!!!! Hardly call him slow though......

I see Chelsea have bid £18mill for SWP - strange signing for them I feel, if Man City accept bid.

36chambers
07-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah they have just had a £20m bid rejected.

36chambers
07-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Whats up wiggaz? Help me choose a shirt to buy, either the Dortmund home or away...

Home

http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/dortmund_home_0506.jpg

Or

away

http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/dortmund_away_0506.jpg

Which ones better, your thoughts?

Godess
07-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Football sucks.

whitey
07-15-2005, 02:51 PM
im not a dortmund fan, but either is pretty sick. cant loose either way.

whitey
07-15-2005, 02:57 PM
and whatever ''tamoil'' is its the worst for shirt design.

besides the first shirt the other 2 are hiddeious

FrenchShin
07-15-2005, 05:22 PM
red and yellow for a Juve shirt ? it just sucks...

Ouroborous
07-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Juve 2nd & 3rd are horrible.........i reckon dortmund home personally 36...........could walk home from the pub & be seen in the dark where i live in the country..............

Ouroborous
07-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Zambrotta is the boy though.............. would have him at United any day...

36chambers
07-15-2005, 06:34 PM
im not a dortmund fan, but either is pretty sick. cant loose either way.Im not a dortmund fan either, i just think they shirts are real nice.

i reckon dortmund home personally 36...........could walk home from the pub & be seen in the dark where i live in the country..............
haha i feel u man, they both look kinda smart tho. tough choice.

whitey
07-15-2005, 09:41 PM
i think nike and juve just thought up those nasty shirts to try and spice it up so people will buy them.

they shoulda made them look a little better if that was the plan however.

Ronin
07-16-2005, 06:25 AM
36, i like the away kit

36chambers
07-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Frenchshin...

Real Madrid 3rd

http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/ajsmad0631.jpg

T4R1K
07-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Ugly!!!!!

T4R1K
07-16-2005, 12:11 PM
i bought this yesterday..its cool... :D :D

http://www.football-shirts.net/finf/uploads/11079495327_small-image_interhome.jpg

Krimewave
07-16-2005, 12:15 PM
GIGGS WAS AT MAN CITY AS A KID.........LIKE I WAS AT LUTON TOWN AS A KID. JUST COS IT WASN'T THE FIRST TEAM DOESN'T MEAN ITS NOT THE CLUB. TUT.
no, Giggs has never been at Man City, first team or any other team for that matter.
likeI said, he played for a fewCity affiliated teams as a kid and trained at a City sponsored academy, but has never been "at Man City".
he has only ever been at Man Utd.

Ouroborous
07-16-2005, 12:52 PM
I'll agree to disagree...........

Inter shirts ok, but is always the same.......
That Real top is horrible!
Chelsea must be quaking in their boots are united's 5-1 demoliion of Clyde FC..haha.
Utd have bought Stoke's 22 year old THIRD CHOICE keeper for £2.5million - bizarre........

36chambers
07-16-2005, 01:56 PM
I think United will have a strong season, but I heard Rio got booed every touch he had.

Went to Stamford Bridge 2day to get my Community Shield tickets for Cardiff, so keep an eye out on TV, ill be the handsome one in a blue shirt ;)

36chambers
07-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Dont know how true this is but Wright-Phillips wants to talk to us now.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=292269&lid=2&cpid=8&title=SWP+asks+for+Blues+talks&channel=football_home

Krimewave
07-16-2005, 03:04 PM
............but I heard Rio got booed every touch he had.
greedy bastard should sign his contract then.

Ouroborous
07-17-2005, 07:35 AM
greedy bastard should sign his contract then.
that I do agree with you on......lol. peace.

Godess
07-17-2005, 07:37 AM
I heard something about English hooligans, that they where fighting with muslims or something?

English hooligans are very crazy. I know because i have family living there..

Ouroborous
07-17-2005, 07:38 AM
I think United will have a strong season
You better believe it! Hope Fergy gives Richardson & Giuseppe Rossi chances ahead of the neville's & o'shea's (in midfield) millers etc...........

Godess
07-17-2005, 07:40 AM
That's why I don't like football..

Godess
07-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Stop deleting my messages 36chambers!!!!!!!!!!! They are important!!!!!!!!

Godess
07-17-2005, 07:49 AM
geez

Krimewave
07-17-2005, 07:54 AM
You better believe it! Hope Fergy gives Richardson & Giuseppe Rossi chances........... Rossi is fuckin awesome, and loves it at Utd too, but I reckon it'll be 2006/07 season before we see him playing in the prem.
this season I reckon he'll be restricted to league cup games, but I hope I'm wrong.
still not completely convinced about Richardson, but at he can cross well and hit good free kicks.
Utd still desperately need a box to box midfielder.
it looks like the mafia have got to Obi Mikael (and FIFA), so maybe Essien (prolly going to chelsea though) or Ballack (would be a great signing for anyone).

can't fuckin wait for the season to start, I'm going cold turkey.

36chambers
07-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Whats happened to that Obi Mikael? He said he was forced to sign for Man U and dont wanna join them now.

Wzarecta
07-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Looks like SWP is going to Chelsea for 21 million, I think Man City could have got more than that out of Chelsea for him.
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=292366&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=City+and+Blues+agree+SWP+fee&channel=football_home

Edit: Fee seems to be "undisclosed", maybe they did get alot more for him.

I can't wait to see Rossi in the first team at United, he'll be a great player.

I think Obi Mikel is just gonna end up at Chelsea 36, he was given 21 as his squad number when he signed for us but then I think Ji Sung Park was given it, but we should at least get some money for him as he signed for us.

FrenchShin
07-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Essien is tough case. Lyon gave him a new contract, 240 000 euros per month. Diarra got a new one too, 200 000.

Krimewave
07-17-2005, 12:17 PM
I think Obi Mikel is just gonna end up at Chelsea 36, he was given 21 as his squad number when he signed for us but then I think Ji Sung Park was given it, but we should at least get some money for him as he signed for us.
it don't look too likely though.
I reckon FIFA will let him go to chelsea with no compensation paid to Utd.

36chambers
07-17-2005, 05:30 PM
I dont know how true this is but supposedly before Man U "signed" him Chelsea were the ones paying for his education etc... they had an agreement with his club FC Lyn that he would sign 4 Chelsea when hes finished with his education. But Lyn went back on the agreement and sold him to Man U, thats why Chelsea were pissed.

But I dont know how true that is, could be complete BS.

36chambers
07-17-2005, 05:32 PM
I dont know how true this is but supposedly before Man U "signed" him Chelsea were the ones paying for his education etc... they had an agreement with his club FC Lyn that he would sign 4 Chelsea when hes finished with his education. But Lyn went back on the agreement and sold him to Man U, thats why Chelsea were pissed.

But I dont know how true that is, could be complete BS.

whitey
07-17-2005, 11:24 PM
i think chelsea will have problems this year.

there is such a thing as having too many good players. people get unhappy, the team gets unblanced. i just would not be suprised if it turned out like this. not likely, but could happen.

Krimewave
07-18-2005, 04:57 AM
I dont know how true this is but supposedly before Man U "signed" him Chelsea were the ones paying for his education etc...
it's actually against the rules for chelsea to pay for his education or fund his development until he signs for them though (not judging chelsea, everyone breaks the rules, just pointing it out).

36chambers
07-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Ah well, if it is true thats another £100,000 or so the FA will get out of us.

Fuck the FA, they need a serious re-shuffle or something, and get Dein off the board.

Racailla
07-18-2005, 07:48 AM
That 21 millions for SWP is just ridicolous - he ain't worth it

Tomasson to Stuttgart is a phaenomenal pick!

36chambers
07-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Reyes isnt worth 18m, Rio isnt worth 30m, no footballer is really worth over 10m. But thats how it is.

SWP will be worth alot in a few years to come.

Ouroborous
07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Ah well, if it is true thats another £100,000 or so the FA will get out of us.

Fuck the FA, they need a serious re-shuffle or something, and get Dein off the board.
true......

doubt john obi will ever play a game for chelsea.......they signed this diarra from le havre now, maybe they know they're fighting losing battle?

him & rio can both fuck off, $$$$$$$

still think utd need full back, centre mid & another out & out goalscorer to challenge league & champ leagues hard simultaneously.

Ouroborous
07-18-2005, 01:37 PM
or maybe solskjaer back fit..........whats latest on him, been out for whst seems like 2 years now.....

Ouroborous
07-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Best Striker At Man Utd..........

http://picsrv.manutd.com/?fif=/manu/img_10_10549.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=230&hei=159&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeghttp://www.manutd.com/pix/1.gif•

Wzarecta
07-18-2005, 01:52 PM
We do need another really good full back/centre back to be challenging Neville, O'Shea etc. I just don't think O'Shea and Brown and even Rio (bastard) and Silvestre are reliable enough, they can all be very dodgy. We should have got Puyol years ago.

We definitely need a central midfielder, Miller will never be good enough.

Solskjaer should be back in about October but even then I think we'll be lacking up front. Ruud showed again on Saturday he's lost alot of his goalscoring ability (missed alot of chances and was very lucky to win a penalty), Saha's too injury prone and Smith is going to be played in midfield alot (another player played out of place, not that he does much up front anyway). We're going to be relying on Rooney massively this season unlesss we bring in a top quality striker.

Wzarecta
07-18-2005, 01:53 PM
LMFAO at Bellion, completely forgot about him.

Ronin
07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
lol football is so corrupt, u got the russian mafia funding mercenaries and having secret meetings, arsenals chairman on the fucking fa board getting easy fixtures for arsenal, alex fergason abusing his p[ower influeincing linesmen and the fa

football is a fucking soap drama, imo its got alot shitter

the supposedly good players like the superstars seem to me now to be one trick poneys who have flair

people always forget the midfield engine eg makalele at chelsea, commentators bum lampard and terry but makalele is practically the engine of the team

as liverpool showed, u just need to work hard and greece too

football is practically a pussified non contact game in the top level, i think refs need to let the game flow more and allow harder challenges

just a couple of thoughts on the game from my badself

chamone

36chambers
07-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Barcelona away

http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/barca_away_0506.jpg

Looks pants

36chambers
07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Milan sign Gilardino

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=292648&CPID=21&CLID=&lid=2&title=Milan+grab+Gilardino&channel=football_home

36chambers
07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
http://www.chelseafc.com/Images/-NEWS/wright-phillips1.jpg

9:|6 :clap:

whitey
07-18-2005, 07:25 PM
milan juve chelsea barca top four clubs in the world right now.

arsenal man u real madrid inter are in the teir right below them.

then theres everyone else.

whitey
07-18-2005, 08:39 PM
That 21 millions for SWP is just ridicolous - he ain't worth it

Tomasson to Stuttgart is a phaenomenal pick!

in the case of SWP they are not paying for the player he necesarrily is now but the player he potentialy will be in the future.

im a milan fan and sad to see tomasson go, hes a good player. milan just have better.

I want to know why a team like Man U or another team with goalkeeping trouble doesnt go for chelseas Carlo Cudiccini(sp). hes a good goalie, certainly better than tim howard and van der star.

Krimewave
07-18-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't reckon chelsea would sell him to Utd or arsenal

whitey
07-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I don't reckon chelsea would sell him to Utd or arsenal

fair enough.

then coming from carlo's side, i dont know why he wouldnt want to move to another squad. out of any position a goalie is changed the least. hes at prime age, id think he'd want maximum first team football.

Krimewave
07-19-2005, 09:08 AM
yeah, I expected him to ask for a transfer this summer cause he'd be first choice at alot of big clubs, but he must feel that he can get his first team place back.

whitey
07-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Fenerbahce signed appiah

Liverpool is also supposedly set to buy peter crouch.

Im wondering why Del Peiro hasnt moved yet. does he really think he will play ahead of Ibra, Trez, and Mutu?

FrenchShin
07-19-2005, 11:38 AM
appiah to fenerbachge...

sakk
07-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Do you guys think Real Madrid is the best team? They have Ronaldo, Zidane, and Beckham which are all great players (aging though). I'm an american so i dont know much about soccer, but with those 3 players on the same team they got to be good.

Prince Rai
07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
yo peter crouch 2 liverpool?? its done

Ouroborous
07-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Milan sign Gilardino

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=292648&CPID=21&CLID=&lid=2&title=Milan+grab+Gilardino&channel=football_home

Hmm. Parma. 20+ goals in a season. £14m + move. The new Mutu? lol...............

Ouroborous
07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Do you guys think Real Madrid is the best team? They have Ronaldo, Zidane, and Beckham which are all great players (aging though). I'm an american so i dont know much about soccer, but with those 3 players on the same team they got to be good.

Erm, no.

They don't have a defence..... they have a lot of (ageing) awesome attackers (incl. roberto carlos!!!) but no real amazing out & out defenders (who ever play)

Basis of a good team is solid, consistent, able defence - a la Chelsea 2004/5 or Arsenal of late 80s early 90s, man utd of early/mid 90s.

Ouroborous
07-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I want to know why a team like Man U or another team with goalkeeping trouble doesnt go for chelseas Carlo Cudiccini(sp). hes a good goalie, certainly better than tim howard and van der star.
What the hell is wrong with Van Der Sar? One of best keepers in league, just what United needed. Dunno about now but better keeper than Cudicini when both in prime. Van Der Sar will be good signing. I also think Tim Howard is as good a shot stopper as anyone, just suffers from lack of concentration at times. Best keeper they've had since Schmeichel........ Personally I think they should have signed Paul Smith or whatever he's called from Southampton - great keeper.

Ouroborous
07-19-2005, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=36chambers]Barcelona away

http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/barca_away_0506.jpg

Can carry on incase of floodlight failure I guess............

whitey
07-19-2005, 02:13 PM
What the hell is wrong with Van Der Sar? One of best keepers in league, just what United needed. Dunno about now but better keeper than Cudicini when both in prime. Van Der Sar will be good signing. I also think Tim Howard is as good a shot stopper as anyone, just suffers from lack of concentration at times. Best keeper they've had since Schmeichel........ Personally I think they should have signed Paul Smith or whatever he's called from Southampton - great keeper.

van der starr is ok. nothing great, if he was he good he wouldnt have gotten the boot form juve after a year. and then have to go to fulham. not to mention hes 34 going on 35. granted goalies can go on a little longer than players but carlo i dont think is over 30 yet.

Ronin
07-19-2005, 03:08 PM
LOL at wright ruining his career going to chelsea

robben and duff are much better players now

he should be at a more attacking team that would gaurentee him 1st team football

chelsea are not in the top 4 either

ithere isnt a top 4, anyone can win the champions league

whitey
07-19-2005, 04:28 PM
LOL at wright ruining his career going to chelsea

robben and duff are much better players now

he should be at a more attacking team that would gaurentee him 1st team football

chelsea are not in the top 4 either

ithere isnt a top 4, anyone can win the champions league

anyone can win it yes. there is a lot of luck involved. but still you can say a top 4 team like milan would loose maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 to liverpool. just so happend liverpool got lucky and it was one of those times in the final.

and chelsea is clearly in the top 4, who is better?

top teeams are the ones who finish top in the domestic and top in champions leauge. milan was second and second. with some better luck they are first and first. barca was first and took a great game agaisnt chelsea to move them out. chelsea was first and took luck (once agian) by liverpool to send them out.

luck can get you farther in a cup competition, but not in the leauge. which showed a lot for liverpool this year.

Ronin
07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
champions league>>>>>premiership or any league

anyone can win the champs league, 'the best' teams are usually over hyped

36chambers
07-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Takes more to win a league title than a champions league tho. U have to be the best over 38 or so games. Champions league is more of a lottery these days, and its not really the "champions" i think they need to change that.

But id still rather win the champions league now over anything... Chelsea are nothin until we actually win it. We been 2 the semi's twice and quaters once so maybe this year... i think out of all the English clubs we perform the best in europe. We ran over one of the best teams in the world in Barcelona at Stamford Bridge.

whitey
07-19-2005, 10:00 PM
id definatly win champions leauge too. besides the world cup i think any player would also want the CL title.

i dont really see how the best teams are over hyped. maybe arsenal or real madrid. thats about it right now.

check two
07-19-2005, 11:26 PM
I was never that into the European Football league, but I'll have to give it another look sometime. I like the Barcelona Dragons helmets.

Racailla
07-20-2005, 03:47 AM
lol? check two, this is about the activity which you might now as soccer

I think Barca gonna win the CL this year

FrenchShin
07-20-2005, 05:01 AM
http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,108551,00.html?articleid=108551

this shit means nothing, but it's just funny to see USA at the 6th rank, with Coca Cola being the major sponsor of the ranking hahaha

36chambers
07-20-2005, 09:56 AM
http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,108551,00.html?articleid=108551

this shit means nothing, but it's just funny to see USA at the 6th rank, with Coca Cola being the major sponsor of the ranking hahahaThats a joke, how do they work the rankings out?

How can USA and Mexico be above Italy, England, France, Portugal etc..

FrenchShin
07-20-2005, 10:44 AM
that's what i said, it means nothing. they rank according to the matches. USA played the Gold Cup which is a low leveled tournament, and gained ranks like that.

meanwhile, european teams play their ass off to get off the qualifications for the next World Cup...

whitey
07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
its a joke of a ranking scale. im american and they show the US team rather frequently when they have games, im sorry but they are just not good at soccer. they have a bunch of real good athletes, and some guys who have some good skills, but that doesnt always transelate into playing good soccer.

Ronin
07-20-2005, 12:00 PM
dont say soccer please its FOOTBALL

Ouroborous
07-20-2005, 01:24 PM
van der starr is ok. nothing great, if he was he good he wouldnt have gotten the boot form juve after a year
What? Like one Thierry Henry? Juve not wanting a player don't mean shit. Was a certain Gigi Buffon to consider........

Roberto Baggio got the boot from Juve too when he went to Milan, didnt make him 'not that good'

Ouroborous
07-20-2005, 01:28 PM
i think out of all the English clubs we perform the best in europe. We ran over one of the best teams in the world in Barcelona at Stamford Bridge.

Haha. Ha ha ha ha ha.

whitey
07-20-2005, 01:39 PM
dont say soccer please its FOOTBALL

suck me off. im not trying to be a poser.

check two
07-20-2005, 02:04 PM
lol? check two, this is about the activity which you might now as soccer

I think Barca gonna win the CL this year

You must be an Amsterdam Admirals fan? :looking:

Ouroborous
07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
One good season doesn't make you among the best teams in Europe......sustaining that consistency does.

AC Milan - yes. Barca - yes. Juve - how far did they get in last 2 champions leagues? If you want to talk about luck in Europe, how about Chelsea beating Barcelona by a goal that shouldn't have stood (having been outplayed by barca to a big degree over 2 legs in my opinion). Every team is lucky in Europe to win chamsps league, no more Liverpool than Porto the year before or say Utd in 1999.......... People just cant take it that the 5th best team in England took the champions league.

Racailla
07-20-2005, 02:37 PM
?? Just stop it, check two

ManU wants to spend 18 Mil € on Ballack - way too little money

Ouroborous
07-20-2005, 02:39 PM
I love Barca but they got to sort their defence out, so utterly shite against Chelsea position & discipline wise. Xavi, Deco, Guily, Eto'o & Ronaldinho are all awesome but can't always bail out back 4.

Victor Valdes-Puyol-Marquez-Edmilson-Beletti-(Van Bommel) that team should be more solid.

Ouroborous
07-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Now this IS what I call classic:

Peter Crouch deserves to be bracketed in the same league as Thierry Henry after his impact last season - Jamie Carragher.

check two
07-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Stop what man? Don't tell me what to do.

Racailla
07-20-2005, 03:31 PM
I just want you to understand that this thread is for what the American know as "SOCCER" and not what you think: the European NFL; btw: the teams you mentioned do not exist any more

FrenchShin
07-20-2005, 05:37 PM
I love Barca but they got to sort their defence out, so utterly shite against Chelsea position & discipline wise. Xavi, Deco, Guily, Eto'o & Ronaldinho are all awesome but can't always bail out back 4.

Victor Valdes-Puyol-Marquez-Edmilson-Beletti-(Van Bommel) that team should be more solid.
all these guys are wonderful football players except... Victor Valdes. this guy sucks. seriously, i can't remember the last time Barça had a good keeper. Rustu was good in Turkey, a lot less in Spain... Vitor Baia was good in Portugal, and not in Spain.

Ouroborous
07-21-2005, 01:20 PM
all these guys are wonderful football players except... Victor Valdes. this guy sucks. seriously, i can't remember the last time Barça had a good keeper. Rustu was good in Turkey, a lot less in Spain... Vitor Baia was good in Portugal, and not in Spain.
When i've seen Valdes he's looked decent to me, though against Chelsea he was pretty Fabien Barthez............

FrenchShin
07-21-2005, 02:25 PM
no matter what people think about Barthez, based on his skills at ManU, this guy is awesome and have always been except at ManU. he's too much french to be exported.

Ouroborous
07-21-2005, 02:39 PM
no matter what people think about Barthez, based on his skills at ManU, this guy is awesome and have always been except at ManU. he's too much french to be exported.
He's a clown.....i'm sure he's a great shot stopper but he is lobbed soooooo many times and buggers about too much! Sebastien Frey is a much better keeper....

whitey
07-22-2005, 12:34 AM
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=fussball

so sick. this is what makes soccer the fucking shit.

Ouroborous
07-22-2005, 03:45 AM
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=fussball

so sick. this is what makes 'football' the fucking shit.
I don't think Cristiano Ronaldo or Ronaldinho are the boys, are they?
Crazy tricks, I taught them everything they know. lol

whitey
07-22-2005, 11:13 AM
yes i say soccer you say football. im not gonna be some boner who starts saying it when ive said soccer my whole life. plus if i say it over here (not on this site like in my life in ny) idiots think im talking about a pigskin.

but yea C ronaldo is that dude. my idol, people talk shit about him, but they only wish they could do half of that shit.

36chambers
07-22-2005, 02:22 PM
C Ronaldo is a 1 trick pony, hes nothing in comparison to Okocha or Ronaldinho in the skill department.

This is one of the nicest tricks ive seen in a while... u gotta look at it a few times to realise what Ronaldinho actually does, check it...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6151/ronaldinho95lx3uk.gif

Im just uploading a Zola video, its a skill he does again Liverpool a few seasons back, truly amazing.

Krimewave
07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
C Ronaldo is a 1 trick pony, hes nothing in comparison to Okocha or Ronaldinho in the skill department.
nah, you way off the mark there holmes

Ronin
07-22-2005, 04:00 PM
c ronaldo is horribly over rated

sure he has a decent game now and then but hes inconsistant at crossing and passing

hes got good flair but doing step overs and diving doesnt put him in ronaldinhos/zolas/okochas league

whitey
07-22-2005, 06:32 PM
c ronaldo makes people look a fool constantly.

hes got pace that few players can match. i was just watching a premier leauge classic on fsc (american channel) it was MAN U v. Arsenal from 04. Ashley cole was just getting tourched by C Ron.

ufa
07-22-2005, 07:26 PM
yea, that ronaldinho trick is really amazing
but c ronaldo is a very perspective player too