PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

chiba
07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
^ he went to flamengo
hes back in brazil

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=774474

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=soc-bra/news/news.aspx?id=4164627

HANZO
07-23-2008, 02:57 PM
haha when did hakan do the 5+4 ... was that with inter? ... i remember him as 55 i think not sure ...

at his second stint with galatasary. number 9 was taken he did 5+4 cause 54 is the number plate number of the city he from. he only had it for a while.

anyone hear of some criminal organisation wanting to buy Lazio. they never gonna learn in Italy are they.

The Hound
07-24-2008, 01:16 AM
haha yeah i read that ^^ they were going to buy em out with all these third party payments or whatever lol ... god damn serie a is fuckin nuts

did the vatican ever get their football team up and running lol ?? where they were going to play by the rules ultra and be all friendly and shit lol ... like to see the vatican team against the mob team :dead:

^ he went to flamengo
hes back in brazil

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=774474

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=soc-bra/news/news.aspx?id=4164627

nah i meant cristiano ronaldo ...

that's actually kinda sad about ronaldo ... before he busted his knee i still thought he had alot to offer ... i guess when you've achieved everything he has you don't have to prove jack anymore ... still would of liked to of seen him floatin around europe

chiba
07-24-2008, 01:25 AM
how many players went to Milan and Inter so far?

and what players went out? where is the brazilian Ronaldo?

kool!! cr7 fears fergie!! lol

i was was referrin to wera tho
lol

whitey
07-24-2008, 09:21 PM
MLS allstars beat aston villa 3-2. blanco game mvp, had a real nice goal and nice assist. probably see it on the top ten of sports center tomorow.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-25-2008, 04:06 AM
http://videos.sapo.pt/Vjy4ULtqRsz66L7rjZuN

Barcelona stomping some unknown team.

The Hound
07-25-2008, 04:09 AM
i saw zenit st petersburg got fined ... was it $60,000k ?? for racist fan behaviour ... i just saw it on the scroll on the TV n didnt hear anything and CBF looking up anything else ...

The Hound
07-25-2008, 06:08 AM
and mark bosnich is making a return to football since 2001 in a pre seasons friendly for central coast mariners against sydney fc in our a-league ... hope the guy goes well even tho i support sydney but fuck it ... bosnich had GOAT status before his drug saga ... was easily top 3 goalkeepers in the world in his prime

HANZO
07-25-2008, 08:57 AM
i jus read a funny story about the German lower leagues. theres this turkish side playing who was gonna get promoted. they headed to the last season of the game. the only way this team would not get relegated was if another team could overcome a 53 goal difference. what happened was that that other team was playing with a side which didnt want the Turkish berlin team to get promoted. so when they played

the final score
54-1.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. thats jus beautiful. dnt kno what happened after.

The Hound
07-26-2008, 04:40 AM
haha paul robinson joins blackburn ... blackburn's season is over before it begins but i'm actually looking forward to seeing how paul ince will fair as manager ... dude has done some pretty good things in the lower leagues but the EPL is a different kettle of fish ... i hope he does do good but i've always liked him

The Hound
07-27-2008, 03:15 AM
i havent seen any highlights coz i just got home from watching the footy ... but this is what the foxsports.com.au says about mark bosnich ...

Bosnich spectacular for Mariners

MARK Bosnich has made a spectacular return to top-flight football after a seven-year absence to inspire Central Coast to a 3-0 win over Sydney FC.

Bosnich was simply brilliant in saving a penalty and making several other acrobatic saves to help the Mariners kick their AL Pre-Season Cup campaign off in style.

we lost but fuck it's just pre season but damn so good to see bozza still kicking arse ... here's hoping he ends his career on a high note and can erase as much as his reputation he can

HANZO
07-27-2008, 06:37 PM
good to see Bosnich doing well.

Inter sign..... Sulley Muntari from Portsmouth for 14million Euros. he will be a good back up striker, nothing more.

whitey
07-27-2008, 08:16 PM
they are looking to play him in mid.

The Hound
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
lol are inter going to just pump strikers into midfield or what? ... damn, they're becoming worse than real madrid were ... just sign anyone with a half decent reputation ... they won't go anywhere this year though ... round of 16 choke in the CL like clock work ... they haven't fully deserved any of their scudetto's and they know it ... if they win this year i'll give em credit but until they win serie a with a full strength juve and milan they'll forever be hand me outs

whitey
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Ronaldinho scored one and also provided a beautiful back-heeled assist as Brazil began its preparations for the Beijing Olympics with a 3-0 win over Singapore.-goal.com

Thats what I wanna hear right there.

And my prediction for the upcoming EPL season. Manchester Citys "Jo`" will be a revelation.

The Hound
07-28-2008, 11:35 AM
that's not a prediction for the EPL!! we want predictions like ... how long until joey barton gets arrested again? ... i give it 2 months before he's in the shitter with the law ...

lol 18m pounds for robbie keane? ... surely they jest ... what does that make luca toni worth, 50? ... the ridiculous value that british clubs have on their own players is absurd ... and there's reports thierry henry is being hunted by man u ... i love this time of year when the new season is approaching and transfer rumours go wild ...

i'm hoping inter still think they're a striker short and put in for poo-dolski

danny
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Made up we signed Robbie Keane today.

Class signing, bit expensive but he will do us well.

whitey
07-28-2008, 01:58 PM
we buy ronaldinho, two time world player of the year, world cup winner, la liga winner, champions league winner for relativly the same price as you get the second best forward on a propertualy silverware less tottenham.

thats a joke of a signing for that price.

The Hound
07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
barcelona paid about 4m less for henry than what spurs paid for bent too lol ... gotta love british teams

HANZO
07-28-2008, 02:40 PM
haha robbie keane for that price. wat a piss take.

i say joey barton goes to prision in 3 months time. he will chill for abit, then jus go crazy again. give him time he will come through.

The Hound
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
19m with potential for it to rise to 20.3m ... robbie keane for 20m LOL ... that makes kaka worth about 220m

HANZO
07-28-2008, 02:56 PM
lol at Tottenham getting mad over the transfer. apparently the transfer was 'enforced' da fuk they jus got 20million for a player who isnt worth any more than 10million.

whitey
07-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Andy Johnson is due to have a medical at Fulham today after the club agreed a £11m transfer fee for the striker with Everton. That fee could rise to £13m depending on potential success for both Johnson and Fulham.

fulham needed someone to replace mcbride. johnsons a decent player. the fee is a little more than i would have paid for him, but thats more realistic than keane. lets see how many goals keane scores this year with out berba giving them to him on a platter.

HANZO
07-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Keane will jus be average at Liverpool. he certainly wont make the impact you expect from a £20million signing.

chiba
07-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Ronaldinho scored one and also provided a beautiful back-heeled assist as Brazil began its preparations for the Beijing Olympics with a 3-0 win over Singapore.-goal.com

Thats what I wanna hear right there.

very naice !!!!

danny
07-29-2008, 04:28 AM
19m with potential for it to rise to 20.3m ... robbie keane for 20m LOL ... that makes kaka worth about 220m

I think good British players get a high price tag because they are a rare breed.

I know 20m was a bit drastic for Keane but we got him that's the main thing.

The Hound
07-29-2008, 05:04 AM
yeah ... that whole thing about young players having to live 2km in the area ... or whatever the full jist of it is ... is holding english players back ... clubs will just buy a spaniard, african etc... for less cheap n no drama

Random_Person
07-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Keane to Pool for 20 mill, better live up to expectations, Rafa just confirmed that before he can buy another player he has to sell, what a way to blast a 20 mill kitty, Liverpool are notorious for making bad decisions in the transfer market, best transfer was Torres
Inter signed Muntari from Portsmouth for 11 mill, Real Madrid are showing interest in Van Der Vaart who they can get for much cheaper than Christiano R and Milan want to sign Shevchenko from Chelsea coz Inzaghi and Borrielo are injured

HANZO
07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Barca have hinted at keeping Eto'o.

Random_Person
07-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Barca have hinted at keeping Eto'o.

Problem is apparently Eto wants to leave

HANZO
07-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Real gonna sign Van der Vaart so i doubt they will be chasing C.Ronaldo anymore. they dnt need him they got a quality squad already.

The Hound
07-30-2008, 11:20 AM
real don't need CR7 anyway ... they've shown in the last 2 seasons that a champion teams always does better than a team of champions ...

hamburg are officialy fucked for this season ... at a good price id put dolo on them for relegation

whitey
07-30-2008, 12:34 PM
only 10 million euros for vandervart apperantly.

bently for 18 to spurs is being talked about.

The Hound
07-30-2008, 02:59 PM
^^ LOL these transfers keep gettin better and better

HANZO
07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Real got a bargain. the high prices wont be helping the british teams financially.

danny
07-31-2008, 04:43 AM
Villareal v Liverpool was a boring match last night

6² Chambaz
07-31-2008, 05:26 AM
Bentley gone to Spurs for J 15 milli

HANZO
07-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Spurs looking to get Arshavin now. i doubt they can, but lets see.

The Hound
07-31-2008, 02:14 PM
bayern switched up the program for their jersey's ... this year the champions league one looks like it's white and the dark navy blue w/ is the bundesliga away ... gonna be odd seein us wearing white as a primary but it looks fresh i like it ...

http://shop.fcbayern.de/cat_images/253_9263.jpg
http://shop.fcbayern.de/cat_images/253_9260.jpg

The Hound
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
here's an interview with Jose Mourinho off the bayern website ...

Interview: José Mourinho

fcbayern.de: Mister, you took up the position of head coach at Italian champions Inter just two weeks ago. How have you spent your first few days in charge?

José Mourinho: “We’re still at the stage where I’m adapting to the players, and the players to me. Unfortunately I have four top players injured - Walter Samuel, Ivan Cordoba, Cristian Chivu and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. But we’re working to be ready for the start of Serie A in late August.“

fcbayern.de: You’re bringing your new team to the Allianz Arena on 5 August to play Bayern. What do you associate most with Bayern Munich football club?

Mourinho: “Bayern Munich is without doubt one of the best clubs in the world. I remember when I was a child, my father took me to the Da Luz stadium to watch Benfica play Bayern. Some incredible footballers such as Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Sepp Maier and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge played in that team, it was really super.“

fcbayern.de: Bayern also have a new head coach, Jürgen Klinsmann. Do you know him personally, and how would you describe him as a person and as a coach?

Mourinho: “I met him in the USA, he came to our UCLA training camp to watch us train a couple of times. He is a very nice person, very open minded. I wish him all the very best in Munich.“

fcbayern.de: How important is the friendly match against Bayern in your pre-season plans, and what do you expect from your opponents?

Mourinho: “Bayern have already played their Supercup and they are almost ready to start the Bundesliga. They are ready and we are not. We’ve only been training for 15 days, as Serie A doesn’t start until late August. I’m expecting a difficult game for us, but that’s actually fine. I want it to be difficult now to make it easier later.”

fcbayern.de: Tuesday’s match is more than just a friendly, as the Franz Beckenbauer Cup is at stake. You could come away with a first trophy of the season.

Mourinho: “I know Mr Beckenbauer as a great man. He is very well known all over the world and everyone respects him a lot. It’s an honour for us to meet him and play in his Cup. Of course we will try to win, but without Materazzi, Chivu, Samuel, Cordoba and Rivas, I may need Mr Bekckenbauer to play as a central defender in our team.“

fcbayern.de: Many thanks for talking to us, and all the best for your first season in Milan.

chiba
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
for all the bayern fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeohJZtwM5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-mvRpLzT0

The Hound
08-01-2008, 03:21 AM
^^ LOL hahahaha that ribery v toni was funny ... and oliver kahn is probably the last person at bayern i'd be chucking a bucket of water on ... he ran back inside like he was going to kick arse haha he punched van bommel in the head when celebrating toni's equaliser against getafe

Durag
08-01-2008, 06:11 AM
18 million for Robbie Keane is a joke i think. The guys a twat. He was a good player for Spurs no doubt, but when it comes to Irish matches, the guy is fuckin usless.

We need a few new signings at Villa, it we want to be serious contendors for Europe

TheWolf
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
^^

British players are so overpriced.

I do think Keane is a quality player though.

I still think Barry will leave.

whitey
08-01-2008, 04:12 PM
bently scores on his debut. hes a good player. he will do well. if bent scores a lot this year they wont miss keane.

6² Chambaz
08-01-2008, 06:50 PM
do y'all think Lampard will go ?

chiba
08-01-2008, 10:20 PM
^^ LOL hahahaha that ribery v toni was funny ... and oliver kahn is probably the last person at bayern i'd be chucking a bucket of water on ... he ran back inside like he was going to kick arse haha he punched van bommel in the head when celebrating toni's equaliser against getafe

ya man that commercial still makes me laff
its coz i know what they are sayin until they start speakin german
here and there

ya kahn is a beast
im sure he has blood on his hands...he looks like a cold hearted killer
lol

heres the extended version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No-T3zKyh7U

whitey
08-02-2008, 12:43 AM
for all the bayern fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeohJZtwM5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-mvRpLzT0

luca is a piece of shit, thats hilarious. true dego fashion. thats why we rule.

The Hound
08-03-2008, 11:37 AM
i wonder if anelka will crack 10 for chel$ki this season? ...

whitey
08-03-2008, 01:18 PM
^hit for 4 against milan today.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Spurs are looking good in pre-season. We just beat Borussia Dortmund 3-0 to win one of those strange little pre-season tournaments with Feyenoord & Celtic. Darren Bent is on fire with 11 pre-season goals. All our new signings are looking good and it may turn out to be a good year for us.

6² Chambaz
08-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Spurs are looking good in pre-season. We just beat Borussia Dortmund 3-0 to win one of those strange little pre-season tournaments with Feyenoord & Celtic. Darren Bent is on fire with 11 pre-season goals. All our new signings are looking good and it may turn out to be a good year for us.11 pre-season goals sounds good.... maybe not the best thing to say to a Spurs fan, but Arsenal looked real sharp against Real Madrid today

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Bent has 8 goals in his last 3 games (in the space of a week).

Dos Santos scored today and Gomes played well. If we can get in another right back and maybe another centre back we could be a force in 2008/2009.

Our last pre-season match is against Roma. Hopefully we'll finish on a high.

6² Chambaz
08-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Bent has 8 goals in his last 3 games.

Dos Santos scored today and Gomes played well. If we can get in another right back and maybe another centre back we could be a force in 2008/2009.

Our last pre-season match is against Roma. Hopefully we'll finish on a high.is Gareth Bale still playing for Spurs ? Or is he injured ?

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-03-2008, 03:09 PM
He's been playing on the left wing in pre-season and looking pretty good.

6² Chambaz
08-03-2008, 03:12 PM
good. Before I started playing cricket I used to be a real Saints fanatic, and it was unbearable for me to see all of our young talent get sold to all these big clubs only to flop, but Im only happy to hear that hes doing well

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-03-2008, 03:15 PM
We've got really high hopes for Bale. He struggled with injury last year but seems to be fit and back on form now. Hopefully he'll have a great season.

I'd imagine that if we keep Berbatov then he'll play behind Darren Bent and Dos Santos and Bale will alternate on the left wing as they're both still teenagers and probably don't have enough in the tank for a 45 odd game season.

It'll be something like this:

Bent

Berbatov

DS/Bale Modric Jenas Bentley

Gilberto Woodgate King Hutton

Gomes

Jenas could be replaced by O'Hara or possibly Huddlestone. If Berbatov does go and Dos Santos moves in behind Bent then Lennon will come in to fill in for Bale or Dos Santos where necessary. Zakora looks to be our utility man filling in where needed.

whitey
08-03-2008, 04:49 PM
thats a nice lineup. especially when you can pull a guy like lennon or huddelstone off the bench.

HANZO
08-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Tottenham need to keep Berbatov if they want to be successful. They got a team with alot of potential. They gotta keep the main pieces together.

It will be a good fight between City and Spurs for 5th place in the premiership. i think they both still behind Liverpool. will take some time catching up.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I dunno, I can see Arsenal possibly slipping up this season, we'll have to wait and see.

I think Spurs will probably finish fifth.

HANZO
08-03-2008, 07:04 PM
id like to see Arsenal slip up. will make the North London derby more exciting. i remember the days when both sets of fans hated each other, and walking through Islington on match day was a day filled with joy.

nowadays its all too peaceful.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-03-2008, 07:25 PM
We still hate each other in a football sense, I think the average English football fan just grew up a bit.

"Tottenham must pay £19m to sign Zenit St Petersburg striker Andrei Arshavin as well as make him the highest-paid player in the world. (Daily Mail)"

Someone needs to explain to the Russians that we're the Yid Army.

whitey
08-04-2008, 10:06 AM
i didnt know coupet went from lyon to athletico madrid.

i like the makeup of that squad.

the ronaldo saga is back. real going to put in a 60 mil euro bid. i think if that happens chelsea will get robinho. than they are clear favorites for the EPL. man u would have to go out and get someone else no doubt about it, my thinking is a massive bid for berbatov or arshavin. but its reaaaal hard to replace 42 goals man.

real, inter, chelsea my early season CL favorites (if that deal goes through).

MILAN my early season eufa cup favorite. :)

whitey
08-04-2008, 11:07 AM
van der vart to madrid is offical. thought to be 9 mil euros.

chiba
08-04-2008, 01:46 PM
the ronaldo saga is back. real going to put in a 60 mil euro bid. i think if that happens chelsea will get robinho. than they are clear favorites for the EPL. man u would have to go out and get someone else no doubt about it, my thinking is a massive bid for berbatov or arshavin. but its reaaaal hard to replace 42 goals man.

real, inter, chelsea my early season CL favorites (if that deal goes through).

MILAN my early season eufa cup favorite. :)

thats insane!!

i thought robinho and s.ramos wouldve went to man u

HANZO
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Real will be stupid to sign Ronaldo. they got a great squad, they really dnt need to add Ronaldo to it. he will destroy the balance in the team.

The Hound
08-04-2008, 02:14 PM
^^ and a few real players have spoken out about the high wage he'll get over everyone else and some of them aren't happy ... van der vaart is an ill addition though

why do real think they need ronaldo? ... ever since they dropped that galactico shit and bought players who fit the balance they've won la liga twice back to back ... they don't need ronaldo ... it's barca who need him ... speaking of barca who have they added? ...

HANZO
08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Barca got Daniel Alves, and Hleb. cant remember anyone else. They havent really strengthened their squad. i would put Villareal ahead of Barca at this moment.

Drogba staying with Chelsea he signing a new deal.

The Hound
08-05-2008, 01:30 AM
well they've certainly lost out so far in the transfer market ... their squad is going backwards ... lost ronnie, dos santos, deco and possibly eto'o ... bring in hleb LOL ... but daniel alves will fix their right wing problem ... i know barca got messi and krkic looks a thing of the future but damn without deco and ronnie where is the creativity going to come from? ... henry better remember how to bring the ball from his own midfield like he did at le arse

Random_Person
08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Van Der Vaart for 9 mill is a bargain, bad news for Real though Wesley Sneijder gonna be out for 6 months with injury, good thing they got a lot depth in the squad
Watched Liverpool thrash Rangers the other day in a friendly, Keane was looking a bit nervous, a player the Reds need to promote to first team is Kristian Nemeth, but its likely they gonna let him play reserves again, kid got skills

whitey
08-05-2008, 10:47 AM
well they've certainly lost out so far in the transfer market ... their squad is going backwards ... lost ronnie, dos santos, deco and possibly eto'o ... bring in hleb LOL ... but daniel alves will fix their right wing problem ... i know barca got messi and krkic looks a thing of the future but damn without deco and ronnie where is the creativity going to come from? ... henry better remember how to bring the ball from his own midfield like he did at le arse

hleb is good.

from hleb, xavi, iniesta, bojan, henry, messi. thats still a talented lot. deco didnt even regularly start for barca, and they played most of last season with out ronnie. and im guessing they will keep eto'o, to be honest i thought they were crazy to get rid of him in the first place. i dont get some teams man, a player is injuried and doesnt play much/well for 1 year and they want to dump them? thats rediculous. i bet both eto'o and ronnie get back to the dirtyness soon as they are fit and playing a lot.

The Hound
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
yeh but when deco was a regular barca tore shit up ...

whitey
08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Speculation surrounding Benayoun’s future has been rife for most of the summer with Roma, Manchester City and former club West Ham all rumoured to be interested in the midfielder.

that would be a good signing for roma.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
oops Rangers.

whitey
08-06-2008, 02:22 PM
^yea that sucks for them. especially now that celtic gets all of the SPL tv money for europe instead of them splitting it.

just heard some great news. my brother whos on trial at Celano FC Olimpia in seria C was told to come back. he has one semiester left at school in the states and will go back over there in december for the rest of the year. im really happy for him. plus hell be making like 30 gs to play footy which is sick as hell. ill prob go with him in december anyways as i was slatted for a vacation. ease the transition on him a bit. he just needs to get that rossetta stone and learn italiano in the next 6 months.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Cool, good luck to him.

Scottish football isn't great right now. They often raise expectations by punching above their weight in Europe, but overall the standard isn't high as demonstrated by Rangers exit. Spurs eased past Celtic the other day without really looking like we tried that hard.

HANZO
08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Scottish football will never have good quality if only Celtics and Rangers are the only challengers for the title.

theres no competition, cause no matter what they both entering the champs league. and both teams get a bulk of tv money. really limits the development of the other teams in the league.

chiba
08-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Real will be stupid to sign Ronaldo. they got a great squad, they really dnt need to add Ronaldo to it. he will destroy the balance in the team.

exactly:beer:
barca need ronaldo:hooray:
lol

HANZO
08-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Ronaldo has said he is staying at Man Utd. that shit is over.

The Olympic football tournament started, i say Argentina will walk away with gold in this tournament. even if Messi aint playing.

champs league stuff. that Semih guy scored 4 yesterday for Fenerbahce. Aragones is gonna actually give him playing time. his a true striker, and i think he will impress if Fenerbahce make the group stage.

whitey
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
kezman going to psg for the year. and i say argies or brazil for the olympic goal (tough one right there).

HANZO
08-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Kezman got bumped out of Fenerbahce for being a big headed cunt who got loads of minutes but didnt do anything with it. When Aragones made him the 3rd striker he wanted out.

and Messi is in the Argentina squad, got a goal and assist in todays game. i swear jus yesterday Barca didnt release him.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Chelsea make £19.7million bid for Robinho....

HANZO
08-07-2008, 06:38 PM
nah Real wont give him away now that the C.Ronaldo saga is over. If they believed Man Utd would accept a bid for Ronaldo, Real would let Robihno go.

The Hound
08-08-2008, 01:18 AM
i reckon argies will shit the olympics in ... what's with them they can win all the junior tournaments but do nothing in world cups ... guy at work said that yesterday afternoon just before olympic football began barca allowed messi to play lol what were they gonna do if he did anyway? ...

funny how CR7 FINALLY says he will stay at united ... conveniently when real get van der vaart ... dude has no balls to say he wants out ... and i wonder if real got the man they really wanted after all ... maybe it was all bullshit chasing CR7 ... i don't believe they can sign someone of van der vaart's quality so quickly they would of had to negotiate hardcore with hamburg ...

whitey
08-08-2008, 10:33 AM
theres talk to of madrid highjacking inters quaresma deal. the second rate CR7. (although still really sick)

The Hound
08-09-2008, 03:52 PM
haha quaresma ... mr "i dont want to go there because it's too cold"

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-09-2008, 03:58 PM
so what happened with Quaresma?

HANZO
08-09-2008, 05:15 PM
haha quaresma ... mr "i dont want to go there because it's too cold"

thats the best reason ever not to get transferred.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-10-2008, 07:23 AM
http://shrani.si/f/r/xc/B3ToQIQ/108497-500.jpg

AMSTERDAM - José Mourinho is highly satisfied with his team's tour of Europe, which concluded Saturday evening with a 1-0 victory over Ajax in the closing match of the LG Amsterdam Tournament.

He said: "I'm very pleased with what the team did. In one week we have played against Bayern Munich, Sevilla and Ajax, winning two matches out of three, drawing one and, most importantly, not conceding any goals. The boys did very well.

"My compliments to all of them, but we can still improve a lot more. A good week's work has ended. The whole team was fantastic, both in training where I saw great enthusiasm, and in the matches.

"The boys tried to do exactly what I asked them to. They managed to improve something in every game. Now we have a whole week's work before the match with Benfica. Cordoba and Samuel are at a good point, they have already worked with the squad and they'll soon be back in full training. This is extremely positive for us.

"I'm very satisfied with the team's performance, but I'm also very happy for the 15 minutes Ibrahimovic played yesterday, and especially for the 55 minutes today. I hope I can use him for longer in Lisbon - at that stage he will be ready for the Super Cup clash with Roma."

On the outcome of the LG Amsterdam Tournament, Mourinho joked: "It wouldn't have been a drama if we had lost. This evening's victory isn't special. We should have played a final against Arsenal to see who should have won the tournament. They got more points thanks to the greater number of goals scored and this is why they finished in first place. (Smiles) Never mind, there wasn't another match to play..."

Mourinho concluded with words of praise for Adriano and Nicolas Burdisso, who gave another strong performance against Ajax. He said. "One name above all others for his performances in the recent games? Burdisso. He played three perfect matches with hardly any mistakes. I think the whole team agrees with me on this. Adriano? He did very well, both in Munich and here in Amsterdam. Physically he and Ibrahimovic are very strong and they are extremely technical players. With them on the pitch it's easy to play the kind of game I want."

If Mourinho is happy, so am I.

JASPER
08-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Inter was impressive. Effortless. Their defense is brutal with Materazzi and Samuel, Cordoba. Now with Adriano I think Inter have the best team in Europe at the moment.

Random_Person
08-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Madrid president confirmed that Robinho is definitely not leaving this season Freddie Lungberg might be heading to a Serie A club according to his agent and Baptista's agent confirms that a deal has almost been finalised for his transfer from Real Madrid to Roma

HANZO
08-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Inter have had the best roster in Europe since the match-fixing scandal in Italy. The team jus didnt play to its potential under Mancini. Mourihno will do better, they look real good for the serie A. and one of the favourites for the Champs League.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I just want them to win the champions League in this generation...damn, even the idiot Moratti deserves that... Mourinho has all the cards, even Adriano is back in form as it seems... I just hope for Quaresma to come through and it's on...

whitey
08-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Madrid president confirmed that Robinho is definitely not leaving this season Freddie Lungberg might be heading to a Serie A club according to his agent and Baptista's agent confirms that a deal has almost been finalised for his transfer from Real Madrid to Roma

worst idea for roma. baptista is such shit in my opinion. hes the only brazilian that legit belongs in the epl the way he plays.

i read something freddie was going to roma actually, he'd fit in with their system well i think, if hes got anything left in the tank that is. roma should have went after cisse. a fast striker they could throw up top in a 1 forward system.

Random_Person
08-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Initially Roma wanted Huntelaar from Ajax but they don't have that kind of money, guess they have to settle for who they can afford, according to Milan president Galliani Italian teams cannot compete financially with Spanish,English and German teams anymore

The Hound
08-11-2008, 04:16 AM
^^ only german team remotely close to competing with milan is bayern and our board won't splash out money ... they've done it ONCE and got ribery ... even toni was only 10million ...

lol inter ... i can't take them seriously they'll choke in the quarter finals again

chiba
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
hopefully brazil wins olympic gold its the only tourney which they never won
they have the squad to do it
and dungas job is on the line

argies vs brazil finals hands down

HANZO
08-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Ronaldihno use this olympics to bring his game back to where it should be. his played well for Brazil so far.

Argentina - Brazil looks like it will be the final. that would be a dope final.

whitey
08-12-2008, 12:59 AM
dont want to jinx but you seen italy? rolling 6-0 total in there two games. little dude from juve is good, sebastian gionncovo (sp).

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Tottenham 5 -0 AS Roma

We could be in for a great season at White Hart Lane.

whitey
08-12-2008, 10:17 AM
yea roma definatly need to bring in a player or two. and fuck all if its baptista, guy is a fucking bull in a china shop with that ball let me tell you. but i do like what tottenham is doing. if they end up keeping berba, or they sell him and bring in 2 quality players for his money they will be in good shape. maybe pip arsenal for fourth, which would be nice to see for once. someone other than those 4 teams in champions league.

WU-KILLAH
08-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Do the gringos out there know on which channel would I get a chance to see matchs of French lighe 1 on tv in the US ? Or if there is a way to watch matches (of any league actually) live on the internet ? I really don't want to miss marseille's match in preliminary tomorrow, you'd save my ass

whitey
08-12-2008, 01:49 PM
maybe setanta or goltv. my guess unless you have them ordered and pay monthly you could try a pub that would show soccer games.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Was about to help you out wu-killah but I saw your completely unneccesary post in the bernie mac thread so you can have a "fuck you" instead.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Tottenham 5 -0 AS Roma

We could be in for a great season at White Hart Lane.

Wow !!!!

I think you will have a great season myself.

WU-KILLAH
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Was about to help you out wu-killah but I saw your completely unneccesary post in the bernie mac thread so you can have a "fuck you" instead.

You should know that my post were just pure sarcasm, there is a lot of hypocrisy when someone die, you can't deny it. But I won't need your help I found something that Im gonna share with the rest of you: http://www.rojadirecta.com/

HANZO
08-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Arsenal got lucky

and Liverpool were just dry tonight.

The Hound
08-15-2008, 08:52 PM
2-2 with hamburg this morning ... schweini and podolski score early and hamburg strike back to salvage a draw ... missed the game but will catch the replay later ...

i think chel$ki gonna romp the premier league in this season ...

HANZO
08-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Tottenham didnt start well today, lost 2-1 to Middlesborough.

Liverpool last minute goal from Torres, yet again he saves our ass.

Nasri scores on his Arsenal debut, he could be buy of the season.

The Hound
08-16-2008, 10:28 PM
thank god spurs lost ... after bayern drew and my rugby league team got smashed i couldn't face work if spurs had of won ...

LOL @ fulham ... i'm definately on the hull bandwagon for the season ...

QPR lose 3-0 :(

WU-KILLAH
08-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Tottenham didnt start well today, lost 2-1 to Middlesborough.

Liverpool last minute goal from Torres, yet again he saves our ass.

I don't think so, he will soon show his limits, which doesn't mean he's not able of some exploit time to time. We made a good deal by selling him and buying Ben Arfa

6² Chambaz
08-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I have a feeling that title might go to Deco

HANZO
08-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Chelsea were fukin sik today. i mean Deco was the old Deco and Anelka was very active to.

they very dangerous. only the first games though so lets wait and see how shit turns out.

The Hound
08-20-2008, 04:46 AM
if shevchenko heads back to milan like they say ... even if it's just on loan ... milan seriously just catapulted into major contention for serie a in my mind ...

HANZO
08-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Milan should have bought Eto'o from Barca instead of Ronaldihno. they already got Pato and Kaka who do Ronnies job. they needed a goalscorer.

after seeing Argentina rape Brazil yesterday, Ronaldihno just aint like he used to be.

If they can loan Sheva then its all good. but i doubt Sheva can be as effective as he once was at Milan. the idiot should have never left.

whitey
08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
^been saying that. eto'o would have been a much better buy. but ronnie will sell more shirts. big reason on why the bought him.

and if you look at ronnie hes still not fit, his face looks a little fat still. he needs to loose another 5 or ten pounds. that makes a difference. his game is not pure speed like c.ron, but a lot of it was dependent on doing his tricks and being explosive out of it, its harder to do when hes not in peak form. a requilme or pirlo doesnt have to worry about that like ronnie does, they could afford to be in the situation ron is in. but not the other way around. hopefully with more training he will get back to it.

and i really think its said whats going on with sheva. chelsea already got drogba, anelka, pizzaro to play over sheva. hes barley going to see the feild. and he doesnt fit in scolaris system. hes not a flair player. he does not play for pace. hes not a wide player. hes a point striker. i wish roman would see its a very bad place for him to be, since he claims to be such a friend of his, and send him back to milan. (or anywhere)

HANZO
08-20-2008, 11:04 AM
with the situation Sheva is in now, i wont be surprised if he retires early. he made his money, and with no real future at Chelsea im wondering if his being pushed into early retirement.

whitey
08-20-2008, 03:10 PM
silvestre to arsenal. bit of a shock move. they may sell senderos to newcastle now. i think wenger came around that he wasnt going to be there long term.

cisse is onto sunderland for a year loan. good move. i dont necessarily rate him like a torres who is just pure class, but i do like cisse. a ton of pace, and in the epl thats half the battle. sunderlands making some waves though, i see them top 10, maybe even looking at the last eufa cup or intertoto spots.

and milan are tricky with their transfers. always saying shit is not going to happen or the deal is collapsing then out of now where they sign the guy they want for way less than the initial evaluation. i think sheva on a year loan would be awsome for everyone involved.

HANZO
08-20-2008, 06:35 PM
England 2 - 2 Czech's.

dnt kno what to say about the game, England got the last minute equaliser. they got outplayed for most of the game.

i dnt wanna judge England until they play Croatia again in the qualifiers. But from what i seen in the friendlies where capello is in charge. he hasnt solved any of the problems England have.

Turkey 1 - 0 Chile. we won yay. yet again half the team was injured so it was a bunch of no names playing. considering it was 40degrees werent a bad game.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-20-2008, 07:05 PM
England 2 - 2 Czech's.

dnt kno what to say about the game, England got the last minute equaliser. they got outplayed for most of the game.

i dnt wanna judge England until they play Croatia again in the qualifiers. But from what i seen in the friendlies where capello is in charge. he hasnt solved any of the problems England have.

I agree...We play like that against Craotia...we'll get ripped to shreds
It was a good game for a friendly though.
The free kick they scored was class.

Lampard wouldn't make my starting line-up.
Barry & Gerrard in the middle worked wonders ?

Agbonlahor should go on the left and take Lampard out of there...quickly.
After that the rest should fall into place.

HANZO
08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
everyone knows Gerrard and Lampard aint meant to be part of the same midfield. for some reasons managers disagree. sometimes you have to cut a big name players so the team itself can improve.

look Spain left Raul out and won the Euro's.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Exactly !!!!!!

Alf Ramsay hit it on the head...

Jack Charlton :
"Guv, I Could Name At Least 4 Defenders Who Are Better Than Me...
Why Am I Here And They're Not ?"

Alf Ramsay :
"I Don't Pick The Best Players in The League...I Pick The Best Players For My Team"

And that speaks volumes because England won the World Cup with that phillosophy ?!?!?
........Shit makes me laugh.

The Hound
08-21-2008, 01:26 AM
england is by far the most over rated of the "super powers" and have been for some time ... how any english fan could of said with a straight face that they'd of won euro if they made it (there's a fucking reason they didn't make it!!) is beyond comprehension ... and yes there were plenty of them because thats all i saw on setanta ... i mean lol wes brown? they're kidding aren't they? ... emile heskey? ... england keep going back to the tried and failed and scratch their head when they go nowhere ... i thought capello would be different but obviously he's not

silvestre to arsenal ... wow ... what a random transfer that is

whitey
08-21-2008, 10:40 AM
england suck the dick at football. straight up. bunch of robots. thats why any good epl team needs latin/mediterranean imports to inject creativity and imagination in their football. unless england naturalize some brazilians or some shit its gonna be a while for them.

HANZO
08-21-2008, 02:55 PM
England have always had a lack of creative players. they aint solved it.

like i said the Croatia game will really determine where this team is going. England are lucky that they have fallen into an easy group for qualification.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Croatia just played 2:3, winning in Slovenia, yesterday

let me say it again

Slovenia

and I don't wanna hear nobody say no Luka Modrič, their team was still hell strong...so, if England saw that game, they'll know what to do....I guess

HANZO
08-23-2008, 10:29 AM
oh yes my turkish league starts today. and finally i can watch the games on TV. it cost 300 euros a year for 1 damn channel. fukin hell..

6² Chambaz
08-23-2008, 10:33 AM
English Premier League Half-Time. 6 Games, 3 Goals

HANZO
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
ahahaahahah Sunderland 2 - 1 Tottenham ahahahaha. Spurs lose at home. Cisse scores the winner on his debut.

2 late goals give Liverpool the win. fukin hell thought we were gonna lose.

oh yes the big news Stoke City win.

6² Chambaz
08-23-2008, 11:34 AM
haha Derby 0 - 1 Southampton ! Go on you reds !

6² Chambaz
08-23-2008, 11:35 AM
read from a Russian news website today that Arshavin was sold to Spurs for 20 mil. True Or False ?

HANZO
08-23-2008, 04:18 PM
false. i doubt Arshavin will look for a moves to Spurs. going on the fact that his buddy Pavluychenko the Russian Striker said he didnt want to move to Spurs.

Luis Aragones loses his first league game in charge of Fenerbahce. ohh the media is already drilling him.

6² Chambaz
08-23-2008, 05:23 PM
the russian press seems REALLY serious about Arshavin moving to Spurs

HANZO
08-23-2008, 06:13 PM
theres no word of an Arshavin deal over here.

theres news about Shevchanko to Milan. apparently the 2 sides have agreed on a deal.

Arsenal lost today to.

whitey
08-23-2008, 08:45 PM
sheva is home. that is HUGE for the milanese.

HANZO
08-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Inter win the super cup i didnt watch the game but it went to penalties.

Besiktas Won YAY. again i was ripping my hair out we were playing an mediocore team and were losing 2-0 up until the 78th minute. then somehow we scored 3 goals. ahaha fukin great. they played the game at midnight cause it was soo damn hot. was 37degrees at midnight with something like 75% humidity. crazy.

whitey
08-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Milan have completed the signing of Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos on a one year loan deal, with the option to make the move permanent next summer.-goal.com

still looking for confirmation on this though. but milan needed someone in the back so, hes better than favalli or simic or some of the other guys they were working with last year.

zambrotta
flamini
boriello
ronaldinho
sheva
senderos
abbiati (loan recall g)
vuidez (19y.o. Uruguayan f)
cardacio (21y.o. Uruguayan m)

atleast i cant blame milan for not being active this transfer market.

HANZO
08-25-2008, 10:35 AM
your right Milan have been active. its all about making the correct transfers though. we gonna have to see how Milan do this year.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-25-2008, 11:40 AM
ahahaahahah Sunderland 2 - 1 Tottenham ahahahaha. Spurs lose at home. Cisse scores the winner on his debut.

God I hate being a Spurs fan. Supporting England and Spurs is about as depressing as being a football supporter can get.

Milan have completed the signing of Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos on a one year loan deal, with the option to make the move permanent next summer.-goal.com

What a crappy signing. Surely Milan can get someone better than that donkey.

whitey
08-25-2008, 12:20 PM
^ya i kinda agree. i've got a friend whos also a milan supported he is really pissed about that. but milan are cheap so they take him on loan. if he plays well good, if not they ship him back to goon land.

and tottenham it seems love to shoot themselves in the foot.

The Hound
08-28-2008, 04:01 AM
senderos i don't rate too highly but for a 1 season fill in milan will do alright ...

The Hound
08-28-2008, 04:59 AM
so the champions league draw is upon us ... these are the pots

POT ONE
Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Arsenal, Lyon, Inter Milan, Real Madrid

POT TWO
Bayern Munich, PSV Eindhoven, Villarreal, Roma, FC Porto, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon, Juventus

POT THREE
Marseille, Zenit St Petersburg, Steaua Bucharest, Panathinaikos, Bordeaux, Celtic, Basel, Fenerbahce

POT FOUR
Shakhtar Donetsk, Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid, Dynamo Kiev, CFR Cluj, Aalborg, Anorthosis Famagusta, Bate Borisov

fiorentina and atletico in pot is scary ... could possibly have 2 mega groups of death ... hoping bayern can avoid zenit, atletico, fiorentina and dynamo

whitey
08-28-2008, 06:47 AM
anyone interested in a chelsea robinho kit? http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_search.aspx?search=robinho

i wonder who real will buy in the next 3 days.

and pavleyachenko (sp) is going to tottenham ive read. cant get one russian so they get the other. he will help.

but than again i just read something that said tottenham will only let berba leave if avshavin comes in. the saga continues.

HANZO
08-28-2008, 12:03 PM
no real stand out groups of death but groups D, F and H look tough. really any group that ended up wit fiorentina or Athletico were gonna be tough.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-28-2008, 12:36 PM
GROUP A: Chelsea, Roma, Bordeaux, CFR Cluj
GROUP B: Internazionale, Werder Bremen, Panathinaikos, Anorthosis Famagusta
GROUP C: Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon, Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk
GROUP D:Liverpool, PSV Eindhoven, Marseille, Atletico Madrid
GROUP E: Manchester United, Villarreal, Celtic, Aalborg
GROUP F: Lyon, Bayern Munich, Steaua Bucharest, Fiorentina
GROUP G:Arsenal, Porto, Fenerbahce, Dynamo Kiev
GROUP H: Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit St Petersburg, Bate Borisov

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Arsenal and United got tough groups.

Prince Rai
08-28-2008, 06:21 PM
arsenal are fucked...

WU-KILLAH
08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
hmm interesting group for Marseille, each team can end first or last (xept liverpool maybe)

whitey
08-29-2008, 12:47 AM
There is no legit group of death. The only remote groups of death are F and H. For the rest if the top 2 don't come out its their own fault. In the two I mention I would not be suprised if 3 or all 4 out of the teams could possibly come through. The rest the two that should go through, should go through, ya dig.

**I guess for the other groups its not even the top 2. For a lot of them there is not even a top two. Its the top one. If arsenal doesnt go through they suck dick.

The Hound
08-29-2008, 12:51 AM
all british teams have a cosy group ... as always ... LOL @ united and arsenal have tough groups ... you kidding? ... i'd definately take their groups over lyon and fiorentina ... but seeing der bomber II playing against his old club and un finished business against lyon is too mouth watering

H is a tough one

whitey
08-29-2008, 01:00 AM
A:Chelsea, Roma
B:Inter and ??? (prob werder, but wouldnt be surpised if it was any of the 3)
C:Barca and ???(wouldnt be suprised at any of the three coming out)
D:Liverpool and ??? (I give a slight edge to atheltico (just because i like them/players on their team) but it could be any of the three and I would not be suprised)
E:Man U and ??? (once again I tip Villareal, but I would not be suprised if any of the three came out)
F:Bayern better come out of this group or they suck, other than that I say Friorentina because they are an italian team (hopefully Gilas worthless ass is not playing a minute) but I really dont have a preference and could see any of the 3 coming out of this group
G:Arsenal (like i said, arsenal better come out of this group or they suck dick) after them its up in the air. but i really could see any team coming out of this group because so far arsenal are not geling right ya dig.
H:This is the "group of death" to me. not one for the ages or anything but you have real who have underachieved in the champions league the past bunch of years but is retooled. juve is finally back in the CL after a couple year absence and it is up in the air as what they can do against big teams outside of italy. Zenit proved they can beat big teams, as their 4-0 demolishion of bayern proved last year, but who knows if they loose Arshavin, and or it was just a 1 year wonder, it could be interesting. I dont think BB is shit or will do shit, but 3 teams that have a legit chance at moving through make this the most deathable of the groups.

This is my drunken ass forcast for the CL groups, put your groups up if your not as pussy.

HANZO
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Man Utd got a piss group. considering Nihats injured for half the season Villareal wont be as good as they should be. Chelsea got an easy group to.

Liverpool aint playing good either so thats a real dodgy group for us. getting Athletico in the group really does suck.

im interested to see how Inter do.. will they continue to choke under Jose??

Arsenal have a dodgy group to. this Fenerbahce team scares the crap out of me in the Turkish league. i think if Aragones gets it right they can be a real problem for Arsenal.

whitey
08-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Zenit St Petersburg 2-1 Manchester United

A game of two halves in every sense of the phrase as Zenit controlled the first 45 minutes and United looked to creep back in for the second. The showpiece was marred by a cheating Paul Scholes who was sent off the pitch for punching the ball into the net in an attempt to bring the game back level...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Zenit is magnificient with duh arts and crafts.

HANZO
08-29-2008, 04:29 PM
memo to Paul Scholes... "You aint Maradona and never will be you ginger cunt"..

whitey
08-30-2008, 12:29 AM
heard SWP is back at man city. way to waste 4 years of your life dog.

HANZO
08-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Wright-Phillips was a dickhead to move to chelsea in the first place. if he had stayed at City. he would be an England regular and seen as the most talented player in England.

Robihno stayed with Real, funny Chelsea already started to sell Robihno shirts fuked up..

yesterday i was watching the Koln-Karlsruhe game. it really sucks when a player faints in the middle of the game. Umit Ozat went down, and fuk when i watched it i thought he died. real sad cause the guys known as the Gentlemen and like his done loads of charity work in Turkey. thank fuk he was ok.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n62Q0Ro47lA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n62Q0Ro47lA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

apparently he fainted due to dehydration, then when he fell on the floor he swallowed his tongue..

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
^so they waited until they knew he was ok before restarting?

Was Cristphophe Daum really crying?

That was horrible to see though, you cant really restart a match if all the players think that their teammate might of just died.

HANZO
08-30-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah they waited until the 4th official gave the thumbs up from the sideline.

yeah Daum was crying and so was the goalie Mondragon. Both have known the guy for years, Daum was his coach at Fenerbahce, and Mondragon played against him many many times in Turkey.

The Hound
08-30-2008, 07:03 PM
haha another season of the draw is upon inter ...

hoffenheim got smashed by leverkusen 5-2 ... surprisingly they lead the league up until that ...

we got hertha tomorrow and need a win to kick start the season off ...

The Hound
08-30-2008, 07:12 PM
DFB to investigate match-fixing claim

The German FA and Football League will investigate claims that a 2006 World Cup game and further matches in the Bundesliga have been fixed.According to a report in Spiegel magazine on Friday, a new book by Canadian journalist Declan Hill contains allegations that Brazil's 3-0 win over Ghana, Hannover's 5-1 defeat to Kaiserslautern and Karlsruhe's 2-0 victory over Siegen were all manipulated by a well-known Malaysian, who has already been found guilty of match-fixing.

Both German associations have promised to investigate the issue thoroughly, but said they do not believe there are grounds for concern.

"The Football League and DFB have no reason to believe that the named games were manipulated," read a joint press release on Saturday.

"As soon as these suspicions arose, League president Dr Reinhard Rauball and DFB president Dr Theo Zwanziger emphasised that both associations will be seeking a thorough explanation and will punish any proven wrong-doer with all the means possible.

"The company Sportradar has been asked to analyse the named games on Saturday morning."
The associations have also promised to co-operate with any criminal investigation which may be launched following Hill's claims, which will be published in his book 'The Fix' in Germany on Tuesday.

whitey
08-30-2008, 10:09 PM
bunch of dirty germans, big suprise.

glad inter tied. i only saw the first half but they looked like shit. bunch of bums.

tomorrow ronnie makes his debut, along with a host of others. im hoping they whip some ass and make a bunch of Bologna sandwhichs out of those dudes.

The Hound
08-30-2008, 10:12 PM
you didn't read the part that said malaysian man did you?

whitey
08-31-2008, 06:48 AM
reguardless, im almost postive ze germans were behind it.

HANZO
08-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Milan lose 2-1. thats a bad start.

villa and liverpool draw in a boring game. chelsea and tottenham also draw, which was slighty better but still boring game.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-31-2008, 01:42 PM
lol, Robbie Keane 20 million pounds. I said before he kicked a ball that dude is not top level. Hes a lightweight and he always has been.

whitey
08-31-2008, 04:01 PM
no doubt. football talk me and ghostlaced on the same page, jeezy or weezy talk not so much.

milans loss is a dissapointment. i couldnt see it i was at work (gay). but from all account ronnie played well, thats always a good thing. plus roma and inter only got 1 point on the day.

i guess hamsek and di natalies goals are the best out of any league so far this season, didnt see them but looking forward to.

and saw queresma finally went to inter? cant confirm that, but about time he went to a big club. that dude is sick.

whitey
08-31-2008, 04:05 PM
goal.com's dinho rating...

Ronaldinho: 9 – Some may think this rating is too high, especially considering Milan lost, but believe me it is not. Made Ambrosini’s goal, and also put both Seedorf and Inzaghi through on goal, the latter with a simply delightful scooped pass. Created countless other dangerous situations, had five shots on goal, and dictated most of the game.

whitey
08-31-2008, 04:06 PM
and of course that faggot gilardino scores at the death to tie with juve. its good juve only get 1 point, but gila is just a faggot.

HANZO
08-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Ronaldihno did play well, missed a couple chances that he really should have buried in the net.

Real and Barca both lose, ahahahahahaha. serie a and la liga open up with some dodgy results.

and our boy Wright-Phillips scores 2 goals on his return to City.

The Hound
09-01-2008, 12:41 AM
LOL @ milan ... another shit year upon them ... they certainly are chasing arsenal and liverpool as the most over rated team

reguardless, im almost postive ze germans were behind it.

they're no match for the italians when it comes to cheating and match fixing

whitey
09-01-2008, 12:58 AM
^tone you aint gotta lie to kick it son. look no further than dubya-dubya II.

and only a minor glitch for the milanese. none of the top 6 teams in italy last year took more than a point. no worries.

The Hound
09-01-2008, 01:09 AM
it's all jokes big fella ... too early in the season to tell with anyone ... napoli roma replay is keeping me entertained ... good to see we finaly get serie a again

little village team hoffenheim was leading bundesliga until leverkusen pumped them ... i hope they kick some arse this year and stay alive

The Hound
09-01-2008, 02:00 AM
watching replay of bayern v hertha ... didn't even know we signed massimo oddo ... what a random signing we've got plenty of cover for the flanks

whitey
09-01-2008, 06:29 AM
yea year loan. hes good, just hasnt been in good form the last year or so.

The Hound
09-01-2008, 06:32 AM
pavylychenko - i know i spelt it wrong just CBF - and corluka to spurs ... any news on berbatov yet? ... setanta said he's going to manure just agreeing on a transfer ...

HANZO
09-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Spurs can now let Berba go, most likely Man Utd will get him.

Quaresma signs for Inter, for 18million euros, And Robihno being a bitch.

whitey
09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
In one of the biggest transfer shocks of the summer, Chievo have completed the signing of Brazilian wonderkid Kerlon. Hes the kid who does the seal dribble, shit is phenominal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlqql38XkY

that video is pretty funny too.

heres another with a couple more tricks. really great stuff on some of them... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9shQBBXd4A

Veronin signs for some german team. definatly wasnt going to see a lot of time for the pool good move.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Quaresma :D

Hell yeah. If Inter fucks up this year, it's enuff.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Official: Inter Sign Del Piero!
Horrified Juventus fans, this is no prank, Inter Milan really have officially signed Del Piero - however not the Bianconero legend and club symbol Alessandro - but Treviso youngster Jago Del Piero.
»Comments (72) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us Having completed the signing of Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma in the early hours of the morning, Inter have now moved to snap up their second player on transfer deadline day.

Inter have purchased Treviso youngster Jago Del Piero, a player they were heavily linked with earlier in the summer. The 14-year-old Del Piero is a highly rated striker with both Brazilian and Italian nationality.

The Nerazzurri are hoping that he will improve and work his way into the Inter first team in the coming years, although all the talk is unsurprisingly on the link between the player and the Juventus club symbol Alessandro who shares the same surname.

whitey
09-01-2008, 03:52 PM
zing.

HANZO
09-01-2008, 05:07 PM
apparently Man City are real close to signing Robihno, some say its a done deal.

40million Euros from Citys new Arab owners. no official word though.

**ok its official now, Real Madrid president said they will be selling Robihno for human reasons to Man City**

whitey
09-01-2008, 06:06 PM
hah what the fuck robinho wants to go to man city for. i bet he is gone from that team within 2 years, 1 even. like a tevez and mascheranno deal. def be picking the binho up in fantasy though.

whitey
09-01-2008, 07:13 PM
berba officially signs for united. dude will rack up the goals and assists there. he might even make it so rooney can actually score, like he did for that bum keane.

big last day, robinho, berba, and quarisma all move in the waning hours of the transfer window.

HANZO
09-01-2008, 07:18 PM
yea Berba didnt want anything to do with Tottenham anymore.

Robihno's transfer fee is the highest in EPL history. damn, Real Madrid stated "as you can see this transfer was not about Sporting interest as Robihno is moving to Man City"

in translation its all about money cause his moving to a shit but overly rich club.

The Hound
09-02-2008, 12:43 AM
hah what the fuck robinho wants to go to man city for. i bet he is gone from that team within 2 years, 1 even. like a tevez and mascheranno deal. def be picking the binho up in fantasy though.

it seems to me that it's just the pathway to chel$ki ... i doubt madrid would of ever sold robinho to chel$ki so he'll play a year at citeh knowing that citeh will take a high money offer ...

although for citeh and their cash this could be the major signing that makes them relevant in football ... they could well string some big signings in the future if they perform well ... thaksin fucked them over by dumping eriksson then selling

Krimewave
09-02-2008, 09:36 AM
yea Berba didnt want anything to do with Tottenham anymore.

Robihno's transfer fee is the highest in EPL history. damn, Real Madrid stated "as you can see this transfer was not about Sporting interest as Robihno is moving to Man City"

in translation its all about money cause his moving to a shit but overly rich club.

word.

HANZO
09-02-2008, 09:36 AM
yeah Real would have never sold Robihno to Chelski. the Global game means you have Global rivals. Chelski may not be in the Spanish league but you dnt wanna sell your players to rivals in the champs league.

whitey
09-02-2008, 12:50 PM
im finally getting to watch this milan v. bologny game. it sucks they lost obvi, but the dinho was fucking killing shit. this makes me very happy.

they shouldnt loose to a newly promoted club but they were a bit unlucky. bolognia had 2 chances and finished, thats football sometimes. nesta, gattuso, kaka were also injuried for the game.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Man City got a nice little trio of Brazilians there, Elano, Jo, Robinho. Could be interesting together, non of them have any physical strengh though. They got quite a few high class players now, SWP, Kompany, Richards, Benjani, Dunne. I think they are weak in CM positions though.

I still dont think they will challenge top 4 this season. Only chance they have is if they are near still in January, then they can go out and spend more.

As a United fan, I am buzzing right now off the fact we have got Berbatov. Sharper than Barbwire. Pissed its gonna be so long till weve got another game. I hate fucking international breaks.

England dont deserve to have a team. Well probably draw v Andorra, and we def lose vs Croatia, theres no point.

HANZO
09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
i fukin love international breaks. give me a chance to diss the crap out of Turkey.

anyhow we dnt beat Armenia by 10 goals im gonna be angry.

HANZO
09-02-2008, 04:03 PM
apparently Robihno is the highest paid player ever. they estimate that his weekly salary is $300k.

these Arabs gone mad.

Prince Rai
09-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Speaking to arabianbusiness.com, Dr Sulaiman revealed he had set his sights on Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, Arsenal maestro Cesc Fabregas and Liverpool striker Fernando Torres.

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," said Dr Sulaiman.

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160m (£90m) but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more, I would think $240m (£134m).
"But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

you know which team this is, and all i have to say is, fucking losers.

chelski was one team we could just about tolerate with them buying cups, but now man city?

the only excitement i have is the fact that we may see amazing stars playing in the prem league, but only in the wrong team.

slightly jealous though that they couldn't buy arsenal although they were contemplating it!

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-02-2008, 04:31 PM
^I hate Chelsea more than any team in history so I am so glad about this happening to City. Im just not convinced Mark Hughes is a top level coach.

Its going to be fucking WEIRD seeing Robinho with a City shirt on though LOL. I cant picture it.

Prince Rai
09-02-2008, 05:23 PM
i was thinking the same, robinho in a city shirt doesnt quite match.

hughes will be out soon, next years kit will be on some elegant shit, stadium will be bigger bolder, shits going to change for sure.

The Hound
09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
LOL @ citeh even dreaming of buying CR7 ... like that will ever ever ever ever fucking happen ... ibet they could offer united 1bn and they'd knock it back

i still don't see why we signed massimo oddo and on loan ... no diss cos he's good but we have lahm, lell sagnol and even altintop can go back ... and they're all naturaly right sided players so it makes it even more puzzling ...

23 players deep our squad isn't big enough to compete for the champions league so i ain't bothering with europe

HANZO
09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Oddo is probably a precautionary signing, i kno Altintop injured again. like the end of last season injuries kinda fucked Bayern. so i jus think they playing it safe now.

whitey
09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
man city talking about 250,000,000 (yes 25 + 7 zeros) million dollar bids for c.ronaldo or kaka next summer. thats hard to turn down. but really cant be good for the game. that automatically means a guy like messi is worth that much. and guys like ibra are worth like 3/4 of that. and there is really only so many of those really top notch guys to go around. its hard to replace a kaka. they will have all that money but who will they go buy. they will have to go to the other biggest clubs, barca, madrid, chelsea ect. to find someone worthy of filling that role. im really just not sure where i stand on this, even if my club can possibly get all that money for one player.

HANZO
09-03-2008, 01:19 PM
fuckin yes i got tickets for a Besiktas game, and the Turkey-Belgium game. first time im going to a game in Turkey.

the Besiktas game gonna be crazy, its a derby to. i got my warpaint ready..

the tickets for the Turkey game were ridiculous.. 300euros. ahahahahaha fuckin hell. who cares its worth it.

The Hound
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
man city talking about 250,000,000 (yes 25 + 7 zeros) million dollar bids for c.ronaldo or kaka next summer. thats hard to turn down. but really cant be good for the game. that automatically means a guy like messi is worth that much. and guys like ibra are worth like 3/4 of that. and there is really only so many of those really top notch guys to go around. its hard to replace a kaka. they will have all that money but who will they go buy. they will have to go to the other biggest clubs, barca, madrid, chelsea ect. to find someone worthy of filling that role. im really just not sure where i stand on this, even if my club can possibly get all that money for one player.

it's fuckin terrible for the game ... because it's not the top eshalon of players it affects but the average ones who will become even further out of reach for relatively smaller clubs who will then have to settle on shittier players at inflated prices ... and really this is all to the detriment of the english game ... their national team will never do any good aslong as the big cubs infest the league with overseas players ... not that i care ...

the gap between footballs rich and footballs hard working is getting enormous by the day ... how many other mega rich arab billionaires or oil tycoons are going to see football clubs as advertisement to their product and do the same thing? ... probably in 20 years time the entire premier league will be bought out ... english fans can go allllll the way back and thank rupert murdoch ... believe me i know how long it takes for the sport you love to recover from what that cunt tried to kill for his own pleasure, it's taken 10 years for rugby league to get anywhere near how it was

The Hound
09-03-2008, 08:43 PM
i'm sure the english boys here would of heard of simon hill ... a good article by him from a citeh fans perspective

'City 'til I buy'

By Simon Hill, Fox Sports
September 04, 2008 IT'S official. The world has gone totally, utterly mad.
In transit from Sydney to Eindhoven for the upcoming Socceroos friendly via London, I missed all the hullabaloo regarding Manchester City’s incredible takeover by the unfortunately named “Abu Dhabi United” group - but boy, did I play catch-up when I hit the tarmac at Heathrow!

There it was in black and white - my beloved club, owned by an Arab sheikh, and Robinho - ROBINHO for goodness sake - signed from Real Madrid for £32.5million ($65m)!

Is this really my boyhood team? The club where I used to sit on hard wooden benches in the old Platt Lane end, set amidst the scruffy backstreets of Moss Side? Can it be true, that the club that once purchased - as its big summer signing - Jim Tolmie, a basement buy from the football equivalent of Aldi, now shops at Harrods?

In fact, even that’s a poor analogy. Several years ago, Mohammed Al Fayed, the Egyptian grocer who owns Harrods, breezed into Fulham, promising to turn them into the “Manchester United of the south” - nowadays, he is more Big Issue than big-time in the dizzy world of the Premier League.

So, are we City fans happy at this news? Of course we are!

Who wouldn’t want their own trillionaire to bankroll their club towards the sort of success that only exists - for us - in sepia-tinged photographs? With that sort of money behind us, how can we fail?

Yet lurking at the back of my mind is the sort of uneasy feeling that perhaps only City fans will really understand.

It all boils down to this. How on earth will we deal with success, should it arrive?

City has always been the sort of club that exists outside of the square. When teams such as Oldham and Tranmere were having their once-in-a-blue-moon trips to Wembley, we were consoling ourselves by waving inflatable bananas, and singing melancholy songs about er….well, blue moons.

While other clubs were building state-of-the-art stadiums post-Hillsborough, City were adding lego pieces to the ageing Maine Road. One temporary structure was so open to the elements, it became known as the “Gene Kelly Stand” - so-called because the fans were left “singing in the rain.” It was left to Manchester City Council to gift us our new stadium - known affectionately as the “Council House” but soon to be renamed “Middle East-lands.”

How many other clubs would hold a celebratory dinner to commemorate 30 years without a trophy? Yet that’s what City did in 2006, clinking glasses to toast the balding, 50-something Dennis Tueart, scorer of the 1976 League Cup Final winner against Newcastle.

City’s lack of success has become an article of faith - a grim reality, born stoically and with great humour, by those of us for whom being relatively crap has been a lifelong experience. We may have craved something better, but misery has become a comfortable bedfellow.

But what now?

For years, we’ve taunted United fans for their relentless pursuit of the dollar and ridiculed Chelsea’s “nouveau riche” rise to the gentry. Now, all of a sudden, we’re part of it.

Will the City of Manchester Stadium become a tourist epicentre a-la Old Trafford? Will Japanese day-trippers stand for photos next to the Joe Mercer mosaic? Will the new owners rotate the pitch to face Mecca?

It’s all rather absurd, but this is what the Premier League has become post-Abramovich - a world league in everything but name.

The purchase of City has - predictably - caused some brows to furrow, particularly here in Australia, where anything that smacks of English power (however tenuous that link may be these days) is about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

But they would do well to remember the following things.

Firstly, it was FIFA, the world body, which sent football careering towards this unholy union with the business world, by commercializing the World Cup many years ago. Secondly, I don’t remember anyone being particularly peeved when Real Madrid splashed oodles of cash during the era of the Galactico. Thirdly, a big challenge to English domination is already starting to rise in the east, courtesy of the Russian oligarchs. Nothing is permanent in football - and nor should it be.

Fourthly - and most importantly - this is the new reality in football. I don’t have to like it - in fact, if truth be told, I don’t much care for it at all - but post-Abramovich, what is the alternative for clubs who want to compete?

If it's good enough for Madrid and Moscow, why shouldn’t it be so for Manchester?

As for us City fans, well, we’ll treat this latest chapter in our frankly surreal history like we do any other. We’ll cheer the wins, we’ll moan about the defeats and the dud signings (and there’ll be a few - this is City), but most of all, we’ll laugh, occasionally shake our heads in bewilderment, and enjoy the ride.

Only when (or if) we start acquiring trophies will it become tricky. Being successful on a regular basis would be a strange experience - in fact, to quote my dad, (a City season-ticket holder of 50 years, who still thinks George Best wasn’t fit to lace Peter Doherty’s drinks) “winning all the time would be boring.”

Still, football is supposed to be fun - and with our petrodollars at the ready, and the price of oil continuing to rise, we should have a few giggles over the next few months.

In fact, it’s already started - celebrity City fan Noel Gallagher quipping that “It’s nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Manchester United fan buys is going into our transfer kitty.”

Indulge us - we know that with our history, it might not last too long - and whatever happens, I’ll still be City 'til I die!

HANZO
09-03-2008, 08:53 PM
didnt Platini want to put a salary cap in place. and have transfers monitored so that they didnt get ridiculous. giving the smaller teams the chance to catch up.

they buying trophies, it aint right. they ruining football. well the premiership, cause this shit aint happening anywhere else. well atleast for now. im surprised billionaires havent showed interest in a German team. thats actually a profitable market.

The Hound
09-03-2008, 08:57 PM
bundesliga rules won't allow it ... the clubs finances are regulated too strictly which is why in the era of take overs and big money transfers bundesliga clubs can't match it ... the bundesliga has strict guidelines a team has to meet before the start of every season and i think the harshest of those are financial ... especially when it comes to debt ... borussia dortmund were on the brink of extinction a few years ago ... but in the premier league or la liga they would of been just another team ...

i'm sure when real signed zidane at the time they were hundreds of millions in debt and had to start selling off training facilities ... couldn't happen in germany

i don't see it happening it germany unless the DFB changes their rules which i doubt will ever happen ... the bundesliga will never crack into the big three because of it but it will always be the healthiest league which to them is more of a victory than having the biggest names ...

The Hound
09-03-2008, 09:02 PM
didnt Platini want to put a salary cap in place. and have transfers monitored so that they didnt get ridiculous. giving the smaller teams the chance to catch up.

as for the salary cap ... in the NRL here we have a salary cap ... one year your team is on top ... two years later your players move on because their value increases then your team is on the bottom for two years ... the teams on the bottom then go to the top because they have no good players and get all the players coming off contract then it just repeats ... shit is soooooooo boring ... it's not even worth becoming a fan knowing that your team will have a good season every few years ...

but you can't bring in a salary cap in football because for it to work every league in the entire world would have to obide by it ... platini talks too much shit

HANZO
09-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Salary cap would never work in football the teams are too crafty they would find ways to surpass it.

The Hound
09-03-2008, 09:20 PM
UEFA and FIFA or any other governing body have no power to implement salary caps anyway ... only the national bodies can

there is nothing that can be done to stop this other than let it be a free for all and hope all teams get bought out

chiba
09-04-2008, 12:31 AM
^ true!!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Poland : Slovenia 1:1 I heard.....LOL. Slovenia is maybe back on the track....I hope. Remember when Katanec was the coach, he's still the 5th best coach of my lifetime in my eyes [he manages Macedonia, they beat Scotland 0:1 dope dope dopeness!!]

other results?

The Hound
09-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Australia 2
Netherlands 1

hahahahaha ... australia had key players out and still beat those dutch fags!!

austria beat france HAHAHA SEHR GUT!!!! ... germany did liechtenstein 6-0 ... england did andorra 2-0 ... macedonia 1 scotland 0 ...

The Hound
09-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Group One
Albania 0 Sweden 0

Malta 0 Portugal 4 (Said 24-og, Hugo Almeida 61, Simao 71, Nani 78)

Hungary 0 Denmark 0

Group Two
Moldova 1 (Alexeyev 76) Latvia 2 (Karlsons 8, Astafjevs 22)

Israel 2 (Benayoun 73, Sahar 90) Switzerland 2 (Yakin 45, Nkufo 56)

Luxembourg 0 Greece 3 (Torosidis 36, Gekas 45, Charisteas 77-pen)

Group Three
Poland 1 (Zewlakow 17-pen) Slovenia 1 (Dedic 35)

Slovakia 2 (Skrtel 46, Hamsik 70) Northern Ireland 1 (Durica 81-og)

Group Four
Wales 1 (Vokes 83) Azerbaijan 0

Liechtenstein 0 Germany 6 (Podolski 21, 48, Rolfes 65, Schweinsteiger 66, Hitzlsperger 76, Westermann 86)

Group Five
Armenia 0 Turkey 2 (Tuncay Sanli 71, Semih Senturk 78)

Belgium 3 (Sonck 40, 80, Defour 74) Estonia 2 (Zenjov 57, Oper 90)

Spain 1 (Villa 58) Bosnia-Herzegovina 0

Group Six
Ukraine 1 (Shevchenko 90+3-pen) Belarus 0

Andorra 0 England 2 (Joe Cole 49, 55)

Croatia 3 (N. Kovac 13, Modric 36, Petric 79) Kazakhstan 0

Group Seven

Serbia 2 (Jacobsen 29-og, Zigic 88) Faroe Isles 0

Romania 0 Lithuania 3 (Stankevicius 31, Mikoliunas 69, Kalonas 87)

Austria 3 (Janko 8, Aufhauser 41, Ivanschitz 72-pen) France 1 (Govou 61)

Group Eight

Georgia 1 (Kenia 90) Republic of Ireland 2 (Doyle 13, Whelan 70)

Montenegro 2 (Vucinic 62, Jovetic 81) Bulgaria 2 (Petrov 11, Georgiev 90)

Cyprus 1 (Aloneftis 28) Italy 2 (Di Natale 8, 90)

Group Nine

Macedonia 1 (Naumoski 5) Scotland 0

Norway 2 (Iversen 36-pen, 50) Iceland 2 (Helguson 39, Gudjohnsen 69)

chiba
09-07-2008, 06:18 PM
^ muchos arigatos for the update ^O^

anybody watchin the brazil vs chile game

this is a game where dunga could either get crucified or praised

chiba
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
wow brazil smashed chile 3-0

fabiano is a beast scoring 2 goals
and robinho the other

man city have picked up some good brazilian players

so far the standings look like this

paraguay
brazil
argentina

dunga is out of danger..at least for now
i dunno why he doesnt call up other players like mancini, cicinho, marcelo, amauri etc

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-08-2008, 03:45 PM
^^^^^too much good players in Brasil!! Plus, some clubs don't let players to play sometimes

Guarded By Martyrs
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Australia 2
Netherlands 1

hahahahaha ... australia had key players out and still beat those dutch fags!!

Australia have a dope team...remember Italy...Totti's penalty ?

I think they will do well.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I hope Macedonia beats the crap outta their group...

The Hound
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Australia have a dope team...remember Italy...Totti's penalty ?

I think they will do well.

haha don't get me started!! ... although i wasn't too angry over the dive because i thought materazzi was stiff to be sent off ... i smashed my bedroom door to pieces during the croatia game ... 2 years later if i watch highlights i get angry at how that graham poll tried to cheat us out

but still ... there's not much depth ... it's pretty much a solid squad of 20 players ... take grella and cahill out and we don't have quality replacements :thumbdwn:

chiba
09-08-2008, 11:54 PM
^ australia have a decent squad
they were indeed screwed @ the 06 WC

guus hiddink wouldve led them far ...perhaps the finals

The Hound
09-09-2008, 12:09 AM
yeah the first line squad itself is quite good ... but beyond that the depth isn't there ... there's a handful of players on the fringes ... but injuries to players like bresciano, cahill, grella, emerton can really hurt the team because the quality of replacement isn't there

i've no doubt australia would of beat the ukraine ... but still just to make it to the second round was an achievement in itself ... considering we were 10 minutes from having our campagin ending in the first game!

whitey
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paizCSnrJ5U

nice goal by de rossi against the georgians today.

6² Chambaz
09-11-2008, 01:58 AM
bloody hell, I'm so happy I've went to see the match... Get in there, Walcott !

Guarded By Martyrs
09-11-2008, 03:06 AM
^^It was the best performance I've seen from us in a long long time.

See what happens when you play as a team...
2nd half we were playing some serious football.

Croatia's 1st ever defeat in their stadium too !!!!!

Only the 3rd ever defeat Bilic has suffered !!!!

They can be proud.

6² Chambaz
09-11-2008, 04:04 AM
well, honestly, this Croatia was nothing like the one that beat us

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-11-2008, 06:53 AM
^^^^finally they got beaten. The Croatians are the most cocky when it comes to football, I guess they will start searching for excuses again [no Eduardo?]

Finally. I hope England will rape them again at home.

The Dutch beaten Macedonia :(. Shame, I still hope they will kill their group. Bosnia was wild winning with 7 goals, and Slovenia pretty much beaten Slovakia [2:1], altho they were playing like Tottenham - great attack, poor defending. Huh. Still, we won and that's all that matters.

The Hound
09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
well, honestly, this Croatia was nothing like the one that beat us

yeah ... they had 10 men for the 2nd half

chiba
09-11-2008, 10:17 AM
^^^^finally they got beaten. The Croatians are the most cocky when it comes to football, I guess they will start searching for excuses again [no Eduardo?]

where has this guy been
i she still injured
theres sooo much hype about him
and i still have yet to see him play

6² Chambaz
09-11-2008, 10:35 AM
nah, even in the first half they just didn't look as sharp as a year ago

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-11-2008, 05:29 PM
where has this guy been
i she still injured

yeah, still injured. he's better than Modrić IMO. The funny thing is, he's not even a Croatian. He's from Brasil.

Guarded By Martyrs
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM

And they were lucky they diddn't go down to 9 men.
They had about 2 shots the whole game I think...
And scored from one of them.

nah, even in the first half they just didn't look as sharp as a year ago

Yeah I was shocked at how sluggish they looked.

where has this guy been
i she still injured

Edwardo is slick...scored some dope goals for Arsenal...
His injury was one of the worst I've ever seen in my life.

chiba
09-12-2008, 12:57 AM
when will he return
he plays for arsenal
dont remember him during the season did he just get transferred there

really unfortunate for the fellow

in other news

dunga bakc on the chopping block ofter 0-0 tie with 10 man bolivia
they are still 2nd on the table tho

dunno why everyone is shittin on dunga
i dont really like him as coach but he is gettin the results

whats with argentina
heard their wc 2010 campaign is goin bad too
the media aint sayin much about them

whitey
09-13-2008, 12:27 PM
luca back at it. hes been taking a beating in the press as of late for his poor form for italy. but 2 goals and an assist in a 3-0 win. nice. big game for the milanese tomorrow, against genoa. who recently got gabby mileto back. theyve actually brought in a couple nice signings.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Inter currently loosing to Catania.

What a bunch of losers.

EDIT: 1 minute later, Inter scores. What a bunch of losers.

whitey
09-14-2008, 03:47 PM
^of course they win on some shit goal.

milan loose again. embarrassing. thats what happens when you are weak in central defence and dont bring anyone in.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-15-2008, 04:28 AM
^^^^It's depressing, only Palermo winning with something to show, everybody else - Fiorentina, Roma, Milan, Inter, Udinese....are just lost.

Inter won a lot of times last year with one or two players sent off, I guess they started that tradition again. I can't even watch games cuz of that

The Hound
09-15-2008, 07:30 AM
luca back at it. hes been taking a beating in the press as of late for his poor form for italy. but 2 goals and an assist in a 3-0 win. nice. big game for the milanese tomorrow, against genoa. who recently got gabby mileto back. theyve actually brought in a couple nice signings.

who the #$%@ shitting on luca toni ?? ... the man is a fucking god i hope he ends his career with us ... i masturbate to the mere thought of toni and elber playing together ...

HANZO
09-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Tottenham have hit rock bottom.

Milan are playing like crap, they looked useless against Genoa.

dats all i have to say for now.

chiba
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
champions leage starts today!!

woooop woop!!!

HANZO
09-16-2008, 03:38 PM
LMAO!!! ROMA ahahahahahahahaahah how embarassing.

Athletico Madrid killed it, they dangerous.

LuckyTheWonderDog
09-16-2008, 04:22 PM
As a life long Spurs fan I think I'm gonna start spending Saturday/Sunday afternoons fishing (with the occasional Monday evening thrown in too).

chiba
09-16-2008, 04:40 PM
athletico madrid has a solid squad

aguero is a beast (2 goals so far)

2-0 right now vs PSV

expect athletico to go far in the champions league

Rorschach
09-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Gerrard's goal was special tonight.

How lacklustre was Torres though? Has to be said.

Guarded By Martyrs
09-16-2008, 06:45 PM
^Yeah Torres looked tired, but it's good for him to get the minutes.
He is much more suited to the premiership I think...made for him actually.

Gerrard's goal was real nice.
But yeah...we looked tired as a whole.
But thats the big difference with Liverpool this season...
Not palying to full potential but still winning.
way from home against a very decent Marsialle team is a good result
Shame we can't perfom like we do at Anfield but still...things are improving.

And Manchester United got schooled at the weekend...Outplayed...simple as that.
Just thought I'd mention that as I don't get to say it often.

And Lucky I feel your pain my friend...my dad's a Spurs fan too...
Thats what happens when you loose your WHOLE strike force.

whitey
09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
anyone see the free kick goal by one of the brazilians on shakhtare today? (there were two goals on free kicks, both by brazilians. i think it was by jadson, the other goal was by fernandinho) one was ok, the other was a fucking awesome shot from lke 35. straight cannon. i looked for it on youtube, but its not up yet.

gerrard with a great goal. the ability to command the ball to move like that is some thing not a lot of people have. the skill and degree of difficuilty on that shot is very high. he knew exactly what he was doing with that hit, no doubt about it.

whitey
09-16-2008, 06:48 PM
^Yeah Torres looked tired, but it's good for him to get the minutes.
He is much more suited to the premiership I think...made for him actually.

Gerrard's goal was real nice.
But yeah...we looked tired as a whole.
But thats the big difference with Liverpool this season...
Not palying to full potential but still winning.
way from home against a very decent Marsialle team is a good result
Shame we can't perfom like we do at Anfield but still...things are improving.

And Manchester United got schooled at the weekend...Outplayed...simple as that.
Just thought I'd mention that as I don't get to say it often.

And Lucky I feel your pain my friend...my dad's a Spurs fan too...

When Ronaldo leaves for madrid next year you will be saying that a lot more often. They have a very talented squad no doubt, but he IS man ure.

Rorschach
09-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Spurs fan? Try being a Newcastle fan.http://www.nabble.com/images/smiley/smiley_unhappy.gif

(heres muffled laughter and sniggers from all directions)

Guarded By Martyrs
09-16-2008, 06:55 PM
^Wow...thats a straight shambles...
Keegan's return is the only way to steady the ship in what seems like the perfect storm.

I'm shocked at how they treated him...and how they run the club ?
Why do people bother getting managers if they aren't even allowed to manage ?

Just like The Raiders coach ??? it makes no sense what so ever...

Rorschach
09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm tied down to three seasons too, Ashley played us all like fools. Hire Keegan, false promises about plenty of investment into the first-team-squad, get supporters to sign up to three years subscription to season tickets, then sell James Milner behind Keegan's back, buy players he doesn't want...then force him to resign. Leaving us very angry. A snake, plain and simple.

Guarded By Martyrs
09-16-2008, 07:05 PM
^I couldn't agree more...he gives snakes a bad name.

There was talk of Lampard, Henry and another big player comming
But I can't remember who ?
I feel for you man, because your fans are serious with it up there...
If you don't deserve honesty and success no one does.

Keegan is a legend too...he makes me laugh that man.
I hope he gets back soon...because I can't see it getting any better untill he does.

PEACE

HANZO
09-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Chairmans have a bigger impact on a team than the normal football fan realises. its obvious in Newcastles case. the board have ruined the team, they have spent stupid amounts of money and really have had no patience with any of their managers. it will take a very long time until newcastle can get back to normal.

regarding champs league. i saw that Shakhtar freekick, think it was Fernandihno. fukin mighty kick. Shakhtar are a good team, i like the way they play. they are capable of causing big teams problems.

Werder Bremen had 14 shots on goal and still couldnt score against Anorthosis, thats jus bad.

LuckyTheWonderDog
09-16-2008, 07:13 PM

But we were playing a combined total of over £30million worth (in the loosest sense of the word) strikers up front. I didn't have high expectations for this season as we have changed the whole team and it takes time to settle, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that the manager feels the need to stick people in random positions they're clearly not comfotable with. Playing Modric on the right? Bentley on the left? Huddlestone on the pitch?. My neck hurts from so much shaking of my head.

Rorschach
09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
You're a Huddlestone hater? Interesting. Reasons being? I think he's a tremendous player. Jenas is the one you want to channel your hate towards. The man is spineless. And for the record he's the least suitable vice-captain ever.