PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

The Hound
02-25-2009, 07:29 PM
LOL @ higuain ... how the hell can you let a midget score from a header like that? that was terrible defending ... benayoun ran towards the goal and higuain ran in the opposite direction ahahaha!!!!

raul should have buried that early chance too

Tage
02-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Real Madrid were CRAP

Robben carried the whole team, Raul was nowhere.

Same with Torres, he was pussying about all over the place... Gerrard came on for 5 minutes and gave away the ball more times than he touched it.

hopefully we play better in the second leg. Aurelio, Alonso and Benayoun held Liverpool together tonight. Carragher had a few close shaves aswell.

HANZO
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
apart from the Bayern game none of the games were good tonight. juve-chelsea was boring but what else you expect from them 2 teams.

liverpool jus invited Real and Real couldnt do shit. both teams were shit. liverpool were lucky to win.

i dnt think anyone cared about the 'other' game.

Tage
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
how do you all manage to watch 3 or 4 games simultaneously?

The Hound
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
ribery's first goal is the goal of the week ... fuckin, this guy is that guy right now ... i hope he goes to barca instead of madrid

i take it back

Klose scoring with his dick is the goal of the year

HANZO
02-25-2009, 07:49 PM
how do you all manage to watch 3 or 4 games simultaneously?

well i watched the Bayern game on TV and the liverpool game on the laptop. the highlights for the other games. when i had sky i jus used to skip through every match.

JamSix
02-25-2009, 07:51 PM
These European teams really aint fuckin with the Premier, the football in countries like spain and italy is so much slower and laid back. I've been really disappointed with the quality of these first few games and I wont be surprised to see all 3 Premier teams in the semi's.

I guess its to be expected though with the amount of money pumped into the Premier

whitey
02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
yea but all that pace is bullshit. thats not the game. thats just a bunch of dudes running around kicking a ball. (obvi thats a gross misrepresentation, but still)

italy and spain it is alot more about technique and skill and tactical awareness. which really seperates the leagues. for true football heads i think they are the better leagues.

The Hound
02-25-2009, 10:08 PM
la liga isn't really a slow league at all ... nor is the EPL a relatively quick or lively league ... it's definately not as quick as the bundesliga

the thing that puts serie a and la liga above the EPL, IMO, is that rarely do you see the "park the bus" mentality ... the EPL for a neutral is pretty boring to watch most of the time unless it's a big game, and even then it's cat and mouse ... most of you would disagree because you're all supporters of a team, but as someone who isn't it can be hard to watch

but yeah, it's all objectionable

Olive Oil Goombah
02-25-2009, 10:12 PM
coming from a guy who faked his e-death. :loser:

its not our fault soccer is a above your level of comprehension.

i may have faked my e-death but at least im not an American who plays/watches soccer. Thats way more deserving of this :loser:

whitey
02-25-2009, 10:14 PM
i find the epl the easiest for non football heads to watch. because it is much more fast paced and lively than say serie A. where someone who really understands the game can appreciate the nuances of whats going on in italy.

and to whoever said it on the page before i think it was ghost laced that ribery is shit, pfff man he is good. he is in the second teir of the best players in the world.

messi, ronaldo, kaka. are in that top.

ibra, ribery, torres, ect. are in that second level.

i dont know where to put the dinho these days. i know hes still got it, he just needs to get back to the point where he can unleash it again.

whitey
02-25-2009, 10:15 PM
i may have faked my e-death but at least im not an American who plays/watches soccer. Thats way more deserving of this :loser:

um nope. you lose this one till the end of time.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
sweet bro!!

whitey
02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
yes. now run along toochy, you have more important things to worry about like peoples 40 times.

The Hound
02-25-2009, 10:23 PM
i find the epl the easiest for non football heads to watch. because it is much more fast paced and lively than say serie A. where someone who really understands the game can appreciate the nuances of whats going on in italy.

when you directly compare it to serie a, then yes you are correct ... but there's too much of the away team doing nothing and the home team dominating because because the ladder is so close and a slip up can mean the difference between 8th and a european spot which = $$$$ so teams do what they can to survive ... that's what i meant, that it can be hard watching because it's usually one team dominating and the other attacking ... the actual football itself is great to watch though

Olive Oil Goombah
02-25-2009, 10:25 PM
true...i do like watching sports. Not kickball tournaments.

whitey
02-25-2009, 10:42 PM
you seem to like to write in a thread about the best one in the world though. props.

Tage
02-25-2009, 11:59 PM
^lol.

i know what tone is saying... i find it hard to watch EPL games when liverpool arent involved. i only really watch other EPL games when an underdog win will be in our favour (man utds recent PL matches)

the world cup and other BIG tournaments are different though.

i mean... my second fav team in the premier is Aston Villa, as they are the top true underdogs and seem to be pulling out all the stops this season... their skill and entertainment value isnt all there... but they have a nearly full english squad(plus friedel who is an ex-liverpool keeper and funny to watch)... but when they are on form, they are a joy to watch.

whitey
02-26-2009, 12:05 AM
what do you guys think about o'neil not bringing almost ANY big players to russia with him?

they still have a chance to win, its not like they are in a whole like sporting or anything.

i understand what hes doing, he wants to rest his best players for the PL to try and finish top 4 for the champs league spot.

but at the same time whens the last time villa won anything? 25 years ago? hes basically throwing in the towel on the chance of a trophy. if im a player on that team i dont like it. if im a villa fan i dont like it.

Tage
02-26-2009, 12:08 AM
not sure, i didnt really know about that.

i do know, that if Villa dont finish in a champions league spot... Barry isnt going to sign a new contract and will leave the club...

i used to rate barry as a decent player, but for the english national side he hardly seems to do anything apart from be a holding midfield player, and an average one at that.

The Hound
02-26-2009, 12:11 AM
i donno, i think the players would probably agree - to a certain extent ... villa have a BIG chance to make the champions league qualifier ... and IF they do and IF they progress to the group stage, then they will receive a massive pay cheque ... he's looking at the bigger picture ... he acknowledged after the chel$ki game the squad was roughly burnt out and he has pretty much the smallest squad to pick from

plus, champions league football means your club has an attraction to it ... why didn't kaka sign with citeh? why didn't ronaldinho sign with citeh? why did ribery and toni sign with bayern? champions league ... ronnie and kaka know citeh won't make the champions league, ribery and toni knew bayern would ... if they can make the champions league, even 4th spot, they will be able to attract a higher star of player and probably be able to keep gareth barry

and on villa, i think it's great their board stuck to martin o'neil's plan and gave him time to develop a team ... something very rare in the highest grade of football

whitey
02-26-2009, 12:21 AM
agreed on that.

no doubt it is the smart thing to do. make the champs league, get that paper. sign maybe another really good player or two, plus keep the big dogs you already got.

however honestly how long does anyone think villa can honestly continue to qualify for the champs league (assuming they do it this year)...i really cant see them maintaining that sort of play over more than a year or two.

but who knows, if arsenal finish out of the top 4 this year, i think van p and ady and some other guys leave and i doubt they could recover from that anytime soon.

The Hound
02-26-2009, 12:26 AM
all depends on arsenal really ... wenger won't spend big and with teams like manchester citeh and chel$ki possessing a blank cheque book big names won't come cheap anymore ... the big one is fabregas ... if fabregas goes i think arsenal will struggle to replace him, unless wenger breaks his style and splashes out and he might just do that and maybe finishing outside the top 4 could be a blessing for arsenal ... it worked for bayern, we realised we had to spend money and did ...

but yeah, villa in all likelihood won't be consistant top 4, but it would be great to see if they were consistant top 4 but i think they'll get struck with second year syndrome and won't cope with the pressure because next year they'll be EXPECTED to keep it up, a position they're not used to ... but who knows, they have to get there first and they're no guarantee to do it

Tage
02-26-2009, 12:27 AM
aston villa will triumph over arsenal in years to come. like whitey said, if arsenal consistantly fail to gain the champs league status, their stars will move on.... and dennis bergkamp will manage the club. (lol)

o'neil is probably one of the most respectable managers in the epl.

The Hound
02-26-2009, 12:40 AM
uh oh, you said that name ... dennis bergkamp

exlBHTyB1R0

Tage
02-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Bergkamp was a legend

whitey
02-26-2009, 01:10 AM
uh oh, you said that name ... dennis bergkamp

exlBHTyB1R0

that goal is fucking awsome, i remember watching that shit live. the announcers make me laugh, but thats really what an amazing goal at a massive time in the world cup does to dudes.

whitey
02-26-2009, 05:20 PM
my thoughts on milan crashing out in the eufa cup.

well...thats what happens when you have a weak central defensive pair. maldini is a legend, but at 41, the reality is what it is. bonera is a quality back up. senderos would not have been loaned to milan if he was any good. kaldaze is a really good back up, or a decent no.2 in the back line.

when you go up 2-0 at home, and you already have an away goal it should be game over. but like i said, when you are weak at the back shit like that happens. now galliani just needs to spend. or get the youth system cranking someone out

HANZO
02-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Milan need to get some fresh youngsters from their youth academy. the defense has been old for a while now, and nothing has been done about. attacking wise Milan are ok. not having Kaka obviously makes a difference. they jus need to inject some new blood into the defense.

but also the Bremen forwards are the type of forwards that will work so well against an old defense. Pizarro, Diego, Almeida and Ozil. that was too much pace for Milan to deal with. Bremen should be seen as one of the favourites to win the UEFA cup.

The Hound
02-26-2009, 08:37 PM
that goal is fucking awsome, i remember watching that shit live. the announcers make me laugh, but thats really what an amazing goal at a massive time in the world cup does to dudes.

yeah that game was dope i watched it live too and taped that shit on VHS! 2nd best game behind Netherlands/Brazil

milan crashing out was pretty much expected, i don't think they took this comp too serious and now will just concentrate on serie a ... bremen seem to lift a gear when playing in italy aswell

Tage
02-28-2009, 11:59 AM
I loved Rafa Benitez. But no more.

Skrtel RB... WTF?
El Zhar starting... WTF?
NGog for whoever he came on for... WTF?
Gerrard injured... WTF?
Pushing Mascherano to RB... WTF?
Carragher off... WTF?

We need the special one.... Murinho.

HANZO
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
the 2 sides of lpool, go and beat Madrid, then come and lost to Boro. titles gone.

whitey
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
there is always next year. been waiting 19 years boys, you can wait one more.

Tage
02-28-2009, 11:00 PM
there is always next year. been waiting 19 years boys, you can wait one more.

yup... hopefully we have the "special one" to help us on to the next one though. and hopefully Benitez takes Lucas with him, back to Spain (even though Lucas is brazilian).

:eggy:

whitey
02-28-2009, 11:19 PM
i doubt jose` is going anywhere until he wins the CL with inter. if he does it this year than its possible for him to go to liverpool. although i feel he would go back to chelsea before he goes to the pool.

Tage
02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
^lol.... i could never see inter win the champions league. in my lifetime anyway.

whitey
02-28-2009, 11:29 PM
i hope not, fucking non italian fags, fagging up my rossenieris city.

but anything is possible. fucking porto won this thing not to long ago with a certain coach that inter employs...

Tage
02-28-2009, 11:37 PM
anyway.... i really cant see Benitez leaving soon. he got our chief exec to leave.

if he leaves now after that, liverpool would be more of a joke than they already are.

^its funny that liverpool get that kind of shit, after the good season theyve had. (apart from the last few weeks)

whitey
03-03-2009, 02:19 AM
milan and the galaxy have came to the first of its kind deal for becks.

a "time sharing transfer" they are calling it. becks will stay at milan until the end of the seria A season. than he will rejoin the galaxy and be able to play in july when the mls transfer window opens. from there he will play out the mls season and than return back to milan at the end of 2009 after the mls season and finish the 2010 season with milan.

its said milan paid a little more than the 3 million they were offereing with beckham himself actually paying for a chunck of the transfer fee for leaving with 2 years left on his contract.

shrewd peice of business by galliani. he knew mls were bluffing and he called them on it. becks would leave after the mls season with his opt out clause for nothing. this way milan gets what they want for the price they wanted. and the galaxy actually make out the best the could have. atleast get some cash and still get another half a season of becks to fill staduims and sell shirts. however i wonder how much of a backlash there will be towards becks at mls games this year. we shall see.

Tage
03-03-2009, 09:30 AM
here is a classic Benitez answer...

Journalist: Your injury problems meant you had to put Martin Skrtel (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/skrtel/) at right-back against Middlesbrough. Could you explain why you didn't use Jamie Carragher (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/carragher/) in that position, and did you feel Martin struggled?

Benitez: We had to do it for this game, so we did it.

^lol... wtf answer is that?

whitey
03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
evasive.

its part of being a good coach. there are plenty of other things that make a good coach. but being able to deal with the media and deflect/twist things around is part of it.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah them fuckin boro cunts... got us out of the cup... but 7th in the league, its all good. Liv'pool, tough shit, but they're getting closer n closer every year so, maybe next year. id sure like them to win more than those manU bastards, damn id hate to see that fag hold the cup again. Anyway the scousers should really keep rafa cause hes done a great job n i dont think it would benefit the team to have a new gaffer right now.

Tage
03-03-2009, 11:34 AM
there is evasive, and then there is embarrassing.

Tage
03-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah them fuckin boro cunts... got us out of the cup... but 7th in the league, its all good. Liv'pool, tough shit, but they're getting closer n closer every year so, maybe next year. id sure like them to win more than those manU bastards, damn id hate to see that fag hold the cup again. Anyway the scousers should really keep rafa cause hes done a great job n i dont think it would benefit the team to have a new gaffer right now.

^i dont really want Benitez to leave. he makes alot of late tactical moves. he is just the most inconsistant manager in the premiership. we need consistancy.

over the last few weeks, i have lost alot of faith though.

Tage
03-03-2009, 11:40 AM
also.... how the fuck are west ham up into 7th...? where did they come from?.. werent they fighting the relegation zone not long ago?

triple posting is back in fashion

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
You shouldnt be critisizing Rafa.

You have only lost 2 games all season, youre behind the scenes is fucked up, you have a pretty average squad of players (admittedly that he bought, but might not of looking at the Keane transfer), and you are up against a United team who went 14 league games consecutuve without conceeding a single goal.

Your doing aswell as could be expected, and 7 points IS NOTHING.

Tage
03-03-2009, 12:03 PM
We also lost 2-0 to a Middlesborough side who havent scored since mid November(in the Premiership)... but yeah, Alonso did score one of them.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah but i dont think that sacking rafa would bring more consistancy...
and the relegation thing was two years ago, its all over, West Ham belongs to the midtable, there are seasons like last year when we stay 10th all the year and now is just a good season. The best would be to be 6th but we never know right, even if i dont honestly think we can catch up with everton.

Tage
03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
^they were in the bottom 3 this season for a while, thats why zola came in.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-03-2009, 01:11 PM
We had a very good beginning, and then things got complicated, but, as you said, the players came back to their best with Zola, so that was just a temporary deceleration, and where the team is right now is where they desrve to be.

Drunken Monk
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
i think tomorrow barcelona wil be raped for mallorca 3-1
and talking bout euroleague madrid next score vs liverpool 2-0 wit 2 robbens goal

RALPH WIGGUM
03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
In Anfield? I'd be surprised if it didn't end by a liv'pool win, especially now they're sure they cant win the league they'll be really motivated for the champions league.

whitey
03-03-2009, 05:26 PM
also.... how the fuck are west ham up into 7th...? where did they come from?.. werent they fighting the relegation zone not long ago?

triple posting is back in fashion

the god.......ZOLA

Tage
03-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Liverpool 2 - 0 Sunderland

i wasnt sure if mascherano would pay off at RB, but i was wrong... it made our defense more solid. and masch even had more attempts on goal then he would have normally.

Reina made a fantastic save within 3 minutes, and that was all he had to do. We should have finished 3-0... Ngogs goal lifted him full of confidence and showed alot of skill after.

Benayoun was easily the MOTM, and made that clear by slotting home the finishing goal.

Liverpool gave a convincing win over Sunderland, and im glad!

come on you fuckin 'pool!

The Hound
03-05-2009, 01:12 AM
not long now until klinsmann gets the sack, and i can't wait ... easily the worst manager we've had ever since i can remember - and i can remember rehaggel - and all those dopes who kept saying "2006 world cup" without realising all the work was done by jogi löw have been proven to know SFA

KLINSI RAUS ... been saying that from day one

Tage
03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Unbelievable. Newcastle 1-0 in 8 minutes lol... end result 2-1 to Man Utd... we'll just have to beat them on the 14th, after knocking Real out of the Champions League.

HANZO
03-08-2009, 06:04 PM
not long now until klinsmann gets the sack, and i can't wait ... easily the worst manager we've had ever since i can remember - and i can remember rehaggel - and all those dopes who kept saying "2006 world cup" without realising all the work was done by jogi löw have been proven to know SFA

KLINSI RAUS ... been saying that from day one

Bayern have been the most confusing team. one week they play amazing and destroy their opponent, next week they get done by Leverkusen.

Klinnsmann was never a good manager, i think his big name makes it difficult to sack him.

whitey
03-08-2009, 08:20 PM
becks had a real nice game today for milan.

the god supper pippo with the hat-trick. i like.

The Hound
03-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Bayern have been the most confusing team. one week they play amazing and destroy their opponent, next week they get done by Leverkusen.

Klinnsmann was never a good manager, i think his big name makes it difficult to sack him.

Not at Bayern. He will get the chop if he fails to make the Champions League (unless we win it, 90% unlikely.) Fans have been pissed off with him from the jump, and as early as our second game there have been "Klinsi Raus" banners and 69,000 boos all over the place.

I wouldn't put it past us that the 5-0 win in Lisbon is the de-railment of our European season. It happened last year in exactly the same phase of the UEFA Cup, 5-0 away at Anderlecht, came back to the Allianz and lost, struggled with Getafe and got thrashed by St Petersburg. The end is nigh.

Tage
03-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Yossi probably wont be fit for Real because he pulled a hamstring in training. Hopefully Torres will play apart, if he has gotten over his injury... or Gerrard pulls something out of the hat.

This is probably the biggest game of our season(if we are out of the league chase).

Drunken Monk
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
today real madrid will win
fo sure

whitey
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
hope so.

i hope all english teams are out after today.

take your money and get the fuck out of here i say.

Tage
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
^what? liverpool are ranked #1 in the european clubs. liverpool OWN europe. ask Besiktas.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Sure english clubs rule the Champions League, Im tired of hearin everybody sayin its all because of money n all, just stop being jealous, thats the way it is. I really aint seeing Livpool loosin tonight, especially after being out of the premiership, they're gonna do everything they can, and its gonna be hard stoppin them, and at Anfield? dont think so...
Id really like Lyon to beat Barca, but well, a free kick probably wont be enough...

Tage
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
^agreed.

anyone watching Liverpool school Real Madrid right now?
(HT)... Liverpool 2 - 0 Real Madrid (AGG 3-0)
...hopefully the 2nd half will be more of the same and make it to 4.

Tage
03-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid (AGG 5-0) Real's biggest defeat in CL history.

Dossena, came on for 10 minutes... got a yellow card and a goal. SWEET!

YOOOOUUUUULLLLL NEEEEEEVEERRRR WALK ALOOONEEEEEEEEEE

RALPH WIGGUM
03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Damn I figured they would win but 4-nill! That was one nice Stevie G goal!

HANZO
03-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Real were surprisingly shit.

Juve are cunts for not beating Chelsea.

Bayern munich i jus dnt kno what to say about them. 12-1 on agg is fuckin brutal.

Drunken Monk
03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
wtf
why robben was out?

The Hound
03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I am so glad I get to see Pana v Villarreal instead of our 7-1 demolition of some Portugese backwater team.

Drunken Monk
03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
barcelona and villareal at the end

The Hound
03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Bayern munich i jus dnt kno what to say about them. 12-1 on agg is fuckin brutal.

Without Ribery or Toni. Sporting are shit, but still, We've scored like 17 goals in our last 3 games.

I Hope we get one of the English teams so the game is televised.

whitey
03-10-2009, 06:14 PM
^what? liverpool are ranked #1 in the european clubs. liverpool OWN europe. ask Besiktas.

i dont get how a team who hasnt won their league in like 20 years can be the no.1 team in europe.

i get they've been to two finals and a semi in 4 years.

but besides milan missing it this year, they have been to 3 finals winning two, a semi, a quarter in the past 6 years. plus 2 eufa super cups, and a world club championship in that time. hows is that not better?

whitey
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
watching that chelsea v. juve replay.

real shit call to give georgio a redcard.

The Hound
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Since when was picking the ball up outside of the box a yellow card? Cech should have been sent.

whitey
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
if he was last man it should be. i stopped watching so im not sure if it was or not.

Tage
03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
barcelona and villareal at the end

lol... do you watch, or even know what football is?

whitey
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
maybe hes a spaniard.

ill say an inter v. roma final. *D

The Hound
03-11-2009, 01:39 AM
No, really, I think it's great that Bayern v Sporting is on Saturday morning at 4am when I'll be tanked off my tits.

whitey
03-11-2009, 08:01 AM
you will have plenty of reason to celebrate that is for sure.

you also know you wont be dissapointed.

win win.

and bout the english teams "not being good because of the money". idk but if anyone cares to look at what english teams have done in the 20 years prior to the great influx of cash in the english game the past couple years...they won 1 champions league.

thats tied with how many poroguese teams and french teams have won (embarassing). thats less than german teams have won it. and its waaaay less than italian and spanish teams have won it. i dont see how you can draw any other correlation than its must be the monnaay.

Tage
03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
the popularity of football started in england, we first made it commercial worldwide.

only an american would moan about the most successful and best league in the world.

talking about money? oh yeah, the richest club in the world (Man City)... theyre doing well at the moment... ? arent they?

RALPH WIGGUM
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
^word. There was a buzz about them buying all these good players, and then nothing. One nill for the Irons.
Anyway, people are always complaining about how english teams got money, but its mostly jealousy, cause english teams rule the Champions League, and cause the Premiership is the best league, thats all. Im french, and I realize its the best, Im not gonna moan about why dont the OM wins the Champions League again, I just know they aint good enough to win it.

Guarded By Martyrs
03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
^Well said, and I agree with Tage.
In my opinion the Premier League is miles ahead of any other league
As demonstated last night by the demise of the mighty Real Madrid.

And Liverpool failing to win the league in a long time shows how good the league is
Look at it this way if the 2nd/3rd/4th best team whatever you wanna call Liverpool
Can own and school Real Madrid as easy as that...
Then I'm sorry, but Spanish Football is lightyears behind the Premier League.

If we can beat Barcelona & Real Madrid and we haven't won our league in ages
What does that tell you ?
The fact is the Premier League is just too competitive.
Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool have proved this in the Champions League
But now you have teams like Aston Villa & Everton breaking through.

I belive other league's in Europe just don't offer this amount of quality or hunger
Not saying every other league in Europe is like the Scottish Premier or nothing like that
With only 2 teams going fro the tittle every season, but not that far off it.
To me this proves that the Premiership is the best league in the world
And reason why the English teams are dominating the Champions League.

Money is a cause but thats not the teams fault, and being an American...
You know how much silly money gets thrown around in sport in general anyway.
It's unfair to point the finger at the Premier League like it's the only one to do this
It's simply a sign of the times.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
The English league was in a lucky situation. It was the most marketable league because it's from an English speak background, so it was always going to appeal to atleast 75% of the world and the US market. Could you crack the US market with a German, French or Italian league? No. Probably not even La Liga.

And, for the most dominating league in the Champions league? Well, three times Champions since readmittence sort of tells otherwise, doesn't it? Only one UEFA cup too if memory serves correct. Are we forgetting it was only two years ago where Milan crushed Man U in a semi final and completely dominated Liverpool in the final?

Let's not forget about the lack of English talent aswell, and you can't deny it. Milan had the same amount of Italians in their 2007 CL final squad as there were English players IN TOTAL in last years final. The best league in the world can't even produce a quality English goalkeeper? C'mon now, don't give me Calamity James either. Didn't England play a friendly with a League One goalkeeper on the bench?

Facts need to be faced, Football League have sacrificed a lot for the £1bn TV rights deal and it's not exactly a superior product from that which was delivered from the mid 90's to the early 2000's.

And how many of you genuinely watch other leagues? If you do, there is no way you can say the product of the EPL is the most superior in the world when it isn't the most superior in Europe.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
has anyone else noticed/wondered why there is a strange australian guy posting in the football thread?

anyway, EPL isnt miles ahed of any other league apart from money and 4 teams.

The rest of the EPL is pretty shite, alot of average players, who are only there because of their size or stamina.

Seria a and la liga are still WAAAAAY ahead in terms of talent and skill.

Which is more important to me. I dont care how "fast" a game is.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Î dont think you ever had to go through a PSG-OM man, and its the good game too, I aint talkin about Auxerres-Toulouse, ending 0-0 every time. There only are 3 teams I enjoy watching, Lyon, Saint Etienne(not every season tho), and sometimes the OM. But trust me, the Premiership is way way more interesting than the french league. The Premiership is the most superior league in the world, theres no discussion, its a fact.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
has anyone else noticed/wondered why there is a strange australian guy posting in the football thread?

Are you mad because I have a European dick too?

The Hound
03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Î dont think you ever had to go through a PSG-OM man, and its the good game too, I aint talkin about Auxerres-Toulouse, ending 0-0 every time. There only are 3 teams I enjoy watching, Lyon, Saint Etienne(not every season tho), and sometimes the OM. But trust me, the Premiership is way way more interesting than the french league. The Premiership is the most superior league in the world, theres no discussion, its a fact.

Superior in marketing attraction, yes. And yeah, I don't know why I named Ligue 1. It hasn't been quality since about 1997. Not sure why I did that, tbh. And, let's face it, if I want to watch French football (which I usually don't) I'll just watch the EPL anyway.

But the point about SuperLiga, Bundesliga and La Liga being better to watch stands, most because both teams attempt to play football.

Like I said before, not saying the EPL is shit. It's still a wonderful league, just, for those without a team it can be painful to watch.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Are you mad because I have a European dick too?

what?

whos dick do you have?

are you gay?

Guarded By Martyrs
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
The English league was in a lucky situation. It was the most marketable league because it's from an English speak background, so it was always going to appeal to atleast 75% of the world and the US market. Could you crack the US market with a German, French or Italian league? No. Probably not even La Liga.

I don't think America are really that interested.
And in all honesty what are you talking about ?
Football is football...languge has nothing to do with it,
If you like watching football then thats what it is

And, for the most dominating league in the Champions league? Well, three times Champions since readmittence sort of tells otherwise, doesn't it? Only one UEFA cup too if memory serves correct. Are we forgetting it was only two years ago where Milan crushed Man U in a semi final and completely dominated Liverpool in the final?

As for domintating the Champions League I was talkng about this actual tournament now.
Liverpool back to back finals was it ?
I honstly can't remember.

And if the game in Milan between Man U and Inter is anything to go by
The tables have turned have they not ?
They were outclassed...and I'm not a Man U fan, I don't even like them much
But did they not completly own Roma...7-1

Let's not forget about the lack of English talent aswell, and you can't deny it. Milan had the same amount of Italians in their 2007 CL final squad as there were English players IN TOTAL in last years final. The best league in the world can't even produce a quality English goalkeeper? C'mon now, don't give me Calamity James either. Didn't England play a friendly with a League One goalkeeper on the bench?

I'll admitt the English team and the way it's run and compiled is a joke.
But talent is the wrong word, it's all about working as a unit
And of course the influx of foriegn players has added to the league's credentials
But not to the England team.
Never the less England are doing alright at the moment.
Loads of sides in the Premiership are full of English players still ?
Last night Liverpool had more Spanish players than Real Madrid.

Have you heard of Ben Foster ?
I assume thats who your talking about league one goalkeeper ?
He is an amazing goalkeeper.
And you obviously don't know about Robert Green
I've never rated Davis James...never.

Facts need to be faced, Football League have sacrificed a lot for the £1bn TV rights deal and it's not exactly a superior product from that which was delivered from the mid 90's to the early 2000's.

And how many of you genuinely watch other leagues? If you do, there is no way you can say the product of the EPL is the most superior in the world when it isn't the most superior in Europe.

I watch it when I can, but I don't have Sky.
But as a league :
I have no doubt that the Englsih Premiership is by far the best league in the world.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-11-2009, 12:36 PM
language has nothing to do with.

Inter Milan have no italian players (apart from Santon) in their team.

Arsenal have no english players (apart from walcott)

Barca and Real are similar but not as much.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't think America are really that interested.
And in all honesty what are you talking about ?
Football is football...languge has nothing to do with it,
If you like watching football then thats what it is

Er, it's not that hard to understand. Which league do you think Rupert Murdoch would get more out of? The old Football League or La Liga? I'm not quite sure how you don't get it, the Football League was part of Rupert Murdoch's master plan. He needed something to sell his cable tv with and the Football League was that. Nowhere in the world can you watch the EPL now without buying subscription television. That's where it has everything to do with language because the Football League was ALWAYS the most marketable league because it was aimed at the majority of the world.

If the Saudi Arabian league was just as good as the old First Division, which would you be able to sell to the world?

But as a league...
I have no doubts that the Englsih Premiership is by far the best league in the world.

Based on what? Qualit of matches? Goals scored? The EPL lacks in both.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Liverpool back to back finals was it ?

No, it wasn't.

Have you heard of Ben Foster ?
I assume thats who your talking about league one goalkeeper ?
He is an amazing goalkeeper.
And you obviously don't know about Robert Green
I've never rated Davis James...never.

Amazing? You're going a bit far there.

Guarded By Martyrs
03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Er, it's not that hard to understand. Which league do you think Rupert Murdoch would get more out of? The old Football League or La Liga? I'm not quite sure how you don't get it, the Football League was part of Rupert Murdoch's master plan. He needed something to sell his cable tv with and the Football League was that. Nowhere in the world can you watch the EPL now without buying subscription television. That's where it has everything to do with language because the Football League was ALWAYS the most marketable league because it was aimed at the majority of the world.

If the Saudi Arabian league was just as good as the old First Division, which would you be able to sell to the world?

If people like watching Football I'd say either.
But given the locations I'd say the old First Division.
But I'm really not interested in that side of the game.
We were talking about Leagues and how good they are compared to eachother
I know nothing about the money side of it, nor do I want to.
Thats something that you can't blame the Premiership for...being English
Because we speak...English.
Nothing to do with Football.

Based on what? Qualit of matches? Goals scored? The EPL lacks in both.

The fact that for the last whatever seasons
There has been a very strong presnce from the English sides in the Champions League
The fact that other teams get owned in the Champions League.
Chelsea and Man U were in the Champions League final.
(you yourself said Real were going to Rape Liverpool)
The pace of the game is rapid, the teams you play are all difficult opponents
Anyone can beat anyone. The goal of the month competion.
The fact that English teams can play both beautiful football
And the blood swet and tears version.
Even with so much money in it, it's not just a 2 horse race to see who will win the league.
And the added wave of teams comming though is good news.
It's just tighter in every sense of the word.

Although like I said, I don't see enough of the other leagues
To compare them so closely with our league. I'm just giving my opinion from what I do see.

But if the Champions League is anything to go by...

RALPH WIGGUM
03-11-2009, 01:14 PM
English football is really entertaining even if you dont have a team to support, they play to score, and they play fast, I mean every player want to go to the Premiership, and its not because of the money, its because of even if you're not in a great team, you're still gonna play against the best players in the world. As Cantona said :"Id rather play with the worst at the best league, than with the best in a bad league".
Yeah, Robert Green is a wonderful goalkeeper, so glad we have him, he really is a huge part in the good season West Ham are having.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm really not interested in that side of the game.
We were talking about Leagues and how good they are compared to eachother
I know nothing about the money side of it, nor do I want to.
Thats something that you can't blame the Premiership for...being English
Because we speak...English.

I was making the point in response to what Tage said and how the EPL got to where it is. Not my fault you butted in without reading.

There has been a very strong presnce from the English sides in the Champions LeagueThere was a strong presence from Spanish teams earlier in the decade and Italian teams in the middle of the decade.
The fact that other teams get owned in the Champions League.By your reckoning, Bundesliga > Europe. Bayern have practically raped every team we have come across bar one match.
Chelsea and Man U were in the Champions League final.
(you yourself said Real were going to Rape Liverpool)First time ever it happened, aswell. And I make no apologies for an opinion, either.
The pace of the game is rapid, the teams you play are all difficult opponentsWest Brom have been a massive hurdle this year, just like Derby County last year.

Anyone can beat anyone.No, anybody can't beat anybody and it's been proven. If this were so, Man U would have lost about 6 matches by now. An example of Anybody can beat Anybody would be the Bundesliga, where first place has lost 5 games and only 29 points separate first from last, compared to 43 in the EPL.

The goal of the month competion.Every league has that :?

The fact that English teams can play both beautiful football
And the blood swet and tears version.The last EPL game to showcase the beautiful game was a long time ago

Even with so much money in it, It's not just a 2 horse race to see who will win the league.It's a one horse race

And the added wave of teams comming though is good news.
It's just tighter in every sense of the word.They're all canon fodder.

But if the Champions League is anything to go by...
Since when was the champions league the benchmark though?

Tage
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
fuck me... you people are going at it in here huh... it was an interesting read.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL @ Lyon getting slaughtered.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
^^^^4:1. I'll wait until the game ends, anything can happen against Lyon haha.

And the ManU : Inter game is turning out to be a classic, but Inter sadly for me won't score.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Man U scoring early was the best thing that could have happened to this game. Ibrahimovic should have scored.

Unlucky for Man U aswell, anybody but O'Shea would have put it past Julio Cesar. But from a neutral point it's good he missed, keeps the game alive since 2-0 would have killed it.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-11-2009, 04:02 PM
WHAT A FUCKING GAME....Adriano, then Rooney, then Berbatov.....

Like I said....a classic.

And they didn't even score :D hahahhaha

The Hound
03-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Poor Inter.

Crossbar

Everything but score.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
ah fuck it. It's their fault actually, plus I don't trust Balotelli at important matches like this.

Peechka.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
BTW, it's going to be a great Special One TV episode.....be champions!

The Hound
03-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Haha maybe it's all in the Special One's plan

"Second leg, 90th minute"

Peechka.

LOL

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
yeah, he will say that Fergusson is going after this year and that himself has still enuff years to win at least 10 Champions Leagues. U kno, they respect eachother.

He is going to be furious at Gallas if Arsenal goes through haha

HANZO
03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Inter choked again, really they jus dnt have the edge to win big games. i really thought Jose could give it to them. but his message obviously didnt get across.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 04:42 PM
It's obvious to me why Inter lost. Jose wasn't wearing the special scarf!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-11-2009, 04:44 PM
yeah man, it's almost spring here, no scarf allowed anymore!

I thought Quaresma and Mancini are going to be those two players creating the new era of Inter.....well, more wrong I couldn't be...

Drunken Monk
03-11-2009, 05:10 PM
wtf @barcelona

The Hound
03-11-2009, 09:09 PM
What do you mean wtf@barca? They thrashed Lyon

I hope we play Man U, Liverpool, Chel$ki or Barca because then we'll be on SBS Live and I won't have to watch the diabolical coverage that is ESPN. Truely terrible coverage.

I had a joke with a friend that we'd make the final with Man U on some 10 year rematch shit. It's looking good so far.

whitey
03-11-2009, 09:33 PM
i've been saying it for a minute. jose` is nothing special as a coach. good, but "the special one" is mightely over doing it.

back to the debate about the english teams only being good on the european stage because of its cash influx.

everyone that replied totally neglected the stone cold fact i brought up.

before the cash influx in the middle of this decade LOOK AT ENGLISH TEAMS RECORD IN THE CL. They had won 1 trophy. Man U in 99, the product of a great youth system I give them much credit for. But that is it. There was only 1 other team in the final and that was liverpool in 1985.

Cash started to flow into england in about 2004. so ill set the cut off there, 84-04, modern football as we know it. In that time span here are the stats for the other european leagues.

Italy had 7 winners and 8 runners up between milan, juve, roma, and sampdoria.

Spain had 5 winners and 5 runners up between barca, real, and valencia.

Germany had 2 winners and 3 runners up between munich, dortmund, and leverkusen.

Portugal had 2 winners and 2 runners up between porto and benfica.

Holland had 2 winners and 1 runner up between ajax and eindhoven.

France had 1 winner and 2 runner up between om and monaco.

Russia had 1 winner with redstar.

The record doesn't lie. The english league is sandwiched between the french and russian league in terms of european success. That is how we measure football teams against each other. They play each other, what better gage. And we all know how strong those two leagues are...

Since the cash influx english teams have made 5 finals and won 2 since. I dont see that as a coinsodence. Am I jealous english teams are winning? No, they have good players, the teams with the best players win. But the only reason why is because they got foriegn oweners to come in with billions to buy all that talent.

Bringing in Man city to this aurgument is irrelevant. Yes they are rich, but its only been half a year, they were just another shitty english club before that. It does take a bit of time to recruit world class players and develope a team. How are they supposed to win the CL without even being in it? Talk to me in 4 to 5 years and see how they are doing, my guess is, it will be much better than mid table.

Everyone likes to rep their own league, hence why I picked 3 italian teams to move on vs. the three english. Picking with my heart and not with my head, which is what most people who are aruging for the english league pre 04/cash is doing.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 09:48 PM
You've got a lot of information wrong. For starters, Red Star is a Serbian team, not Russian.

You're also forgetting the European ban on English clubs following Heysel. Liverpool would easily have continued to dominate the rest of the 80's and missed out on three subsequent European Cup campaigns out of 5 year ban and 1 year extra.

Cash has also been flowing in ever since the introduction of the newly formed EPL. I don't know where you got that information from that it only started in 2004. They didn't all of a sudden go from no money to a 1bn deal. It had been a steady increase for 13 years prior to 2004. For instance, Bayern's UEFA Cup winning team of 95 basically got bought out to English clubs such as Tottenham and Liverpool because we couldn't compete with wage offers.

whitey
03-11-2009, 10:04 PM
You've got a lot of information wrong. For starters, Red Star is a Serbian team, not Russian.

You're also forgetting the European ban on English clubs following Heysel. Liverpool would easily have continued to dominate the rest of the 80's and missed out on three subsequent European Cup campaigns out of 5 year ban and 1 year extra.

Cash has also been flowing in ever since the introduction of the newly formed EPL. I don't know where you got that information from that it only started in 2004. They didn't all of a sudden go from no money to a 1bn deal. It had been a steady increase for 13 years prior to 2004. For instance, Bayern's UEFA Cup winning team of 95 basically got bought out to English clubs such as Tottenham and Liverpool because we couldn't compete with wage offers.

russian, serbian, do i care? eastern europe is close enough. doesnt change the point.

so that gives england a 5 year buffer. what was the excuse after that?

bayern sold most of their team after 1995 yet bayern still went to two champions league finals before ALL english teams could even get to 2 finals before 2005.

cash may have been flowing. but that was nothing compaired to BILLIONARE owners. big difference.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 10:14 PM
cash may have been flowing. but that was nothing compaired to BILLIONARE owners. big difference.

Like Silvio Berlusconi?

whitey
03-11-2009, 10:36 PM
yes berlusconi is a billionare.

however milan conduct business like scrooge mcduck.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
No, Milan basically bought all their success from '86 onwards. They were a nothing team when Berlusconi got involved and were actually genuinely relegated the second time. They hadn't won the league for nearly 10 years. 20 years between European cups. They won two European Cups in the absence of English teams aswell.

Pretty hypocritical to mention billionaire owners and nothing success with English clubs when Milan would be nothing more than a mid league memory if it weren't for the Berlusconi billions and the acquisitions of the Dutch and then all their corruption later on.

whitey
03-11-2009, 11:09 PM
that is not the crux of the matter. because milan is my squad does not disprove my argument.

fact remains english teams had as much chance to win as every other one of those teams for those years. milan did not win every year. and barring the spending on some dutch players most of the team was home grown italians. numerous other teams i mentioned won cups while english teams did not. where was belgrads billionar owner? valencia? munich? sampdoria? leverkussen? porto? ect.

The Hound
03-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Well, I don't believe the Champions League is a factor when determining the best of the best. It's too much of a lottery played over an uneven time.

Krimewave
03-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Man Utd vs Inter - what a fucking classic, one of the best games I've seen this season.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-12-2009, 08:21 AM
russian, serbian, do i care? eastern europe is close enough. doesnt change the point.

it's different enuff. geography isn't your field, I c.

England teams will dominate till the end and one of them will be in the finale. Hoping that team is Arsenal, playing Bayern. Ha

whitey
03-12-2009, 09:09 AM
it's different enuff. geography isn't your field, I c.

England teams will dominate till the end and one of them will be in the finale. Hoping that team is Arsenal, playing Bayern. Ha

actually i am quite good at geography.

it was just a mistake in the heat of the moment, your serbian? i apologize. they are two different countries made up of two different nations of people.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Man Utd vs Inter - what a fucking classic, one of the best games I've seen this season.

I have to agree here. Great game to watch, one of the rare big matches that lived up to potential. Other teams should take note that if you actually take the game to Man U you can create chances. On another night Inter could well have gone through had they had the luck of the bounce.

I don't think we'll make the final unless we play Villarreal, Arsenal or Porto in the quarter final/semi final. I'd love to play Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Barcelona just to see how good we really are because last time we played a strong team was when Milan knocked us out in the quarter finals 2 seasons ago.

LOL @ Sporting. This is some of the worst defending I've ever seen and it's only half time in the replay. Anderson Polga volley'd an own goal whilst defending a corner, Podolski scored an overhead kick whilst staying footed on the ground, the type you see on Fifa 09, Ze Roberto is 34 years old and tearing the flank apart and Podolski is looking like Maradon. Any team making Podolski look fantastic is pure hapless.

The worst part ,it should have been 12-1 on the night. They've missed a few easy chances and had a few penalties denied.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-12-2009, 02:20 PM
actually i am quite good at geography.

it was just a mistake in the heat of the moment, your serbian? i apologize. they are two different countries made up of two different nations of people.

nah not serbian, but I am a student in the course of tourism, so maybe it's just my mind speaking out loud u know. once, back in high school, we learned to name all of the countries in the world and we learned where they are on the map. [I only had problems with those Island countries around New Zeleand and shit round there...haha]

Tone, what if Bayern does play ManU. Just look at the situation - ManU have the speed, and yeah, Toni cannot hold a ball, like, ionno, Zlatan.

But I think where Inter lacked something special was the middle players, and Bayern got that covered. U kno, players like Scarface holding it down.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 03:01 PM
We have just as much speed in Lahm, Lell, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Sosa, Altintop. Toni is actually pretty good with his ball skills for a man who is 10 foot tall. We also would have a similar formation. They only really have us covered in the central of defence, but we also have 4 quality central defenders so it's not all bad.

We would do a lot better from set pieces than Inter though, that's always been our strength.

I'd give us a good chance if we played Man U away in the first leg. A few years ago We went to Madrid, lost 3-2 and went through. Went to Milan and came away with a 2-2 draw and should have done better at home. We're a better team than we were then too.

All depends how we go in the league. There are 6 teams in contention for the league and the club always puts domestic success over European success. We don't have the depth of Man U to leave out Berbatov and bring in Tevez. We really will be playing the same squad for the rest of the year and domestic success will be first priority.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 03:12 PM
before the cash influx in the middle of this decade LOOK AT ENGLISH TEAMS RECORD IN THE CL. They had won 1 trophy. Man U in 99, the product of a great youth system I give them much credit for. But that is it. There was only 1 other team in the final and that was liverpool in 1985.

LOL!

What the hell are you on about?

United have won it 3 times, Liverpool have won it 4 times, Aston Villa have won it 1 time, Nottingham Forest have won it 2 times, Celtic have won it, Arsenal made the final in 05 I think it was

Please just stop. I know you are american and everything but your lack of very basic knowledge means you should stop.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 03:40 PM
your lack of very basic knowledge means you should stop.

LOOK AT ENGLISH TEAMS RECORD IN THE CL.

Celtic have won it

HANZO
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
ahahahahahaha.

well Italian, Spanish and English clubs have all won the champs league 11 times. so its all pretty much equal.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 03:51 PM
But hey, I'm happy to use the CL/EC as a means of determining who is better since it would mean we're better than Man U.

4 titles > 3 titles

HANZO
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I think ppl overlook Bayerns success, since they havent been as strong as the rest of the big clubs over the past couple of years. but Bayern are probably the 3rd most successful team in Europe, after Real and Milan and probably tied with Lpool.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
We're equal fourth in terms of European Cup success. The other team, Ajax, are also pretty much forgotten. They won three titles then we won three titles. Also, both Bayern and Ajax are two of the three teams to have won every European club competition.

So, I guess by the European yardstick, we're the third best club in Europe.

HANZO
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
lol Ajax, i guess no one fell off harder then them.

whitey
03-12-2009, 05:48 PM
LOL!

United have won it 3 times, Liverpool have won it 4 times, Aston Villa have won it 1 time, Nottingham Forest have won it 2 times, Celtic have won it, Arsenal made the final in 05 I think it was

Please just stop. I know you are american and everything but your lack of very basic knowledge means you should stop.

you and that little gay nigerian are made for each other. two biggest douches on this board, easy.

can you read?

i know your english and all but re-read my post and come back and talk to me you mindless cunt.

i was talking about the last 20 years. i clearly wrote that. its not my fault you have the reading comprehension level of a 7 year old. not to mention, my knowledge of football is vastly superior to yours.

its pretty easy to not look like a dumbass, you just have to read correctly, and respond appropriately. however you choose to do both wrong.

whitey
03-12-2009, 06:01 PM
LOL!

and for your own knowledge (for people who invented the game you are pretty dense on the topic)

liverpool have actually won it 5 times.

leeds also made a final in 75.

arsenals final run was 06.

and of course chelsea was 08.

celtic is also not an english team.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 06:02 PM
lol Ajax, i guess no one fell off harder then them.

yeah, I know huh? It's sad because Ajax have been a great contributer to European football but money was ultimately what killed them off. Their early/mid 90's team was phenomenal.

Kluivert
Overmars
Frank De Boer
Ronald De Boer
van der Sar
Reiziger
Davids
Seedorf
Blind
Kanu
Litmanen

whitey
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
forgot berkamp and rijkaard.

even after that still a great feeder team.

ibra
van der mayde
van der vart
huntelaar
babel

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 06:26 PM
celtic is also not an english team.

OHH !!! WOW!! really?? I would never of known that!! Thanks for pointing that one out guy!

I know the level of football knowledge in this thread is probably slim (i dont pay much attention to it), but please unless you can post without sounding obviously American all the time, please refrain.

whitey
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
pfffff. coming from the dude who wishes he was from ny.

get outta my face kid, i just sonned the shit out of you and you know. thats why all you had was that weak ass ooooo celtic isnt english duhhh i knew that. well if you knew it why the fuck did you write it you herb.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
forgot berkamp and rijkaard.

even after that still a great feeder team.

ibra
van der mayde
van der vart
huntelaar
babel

Yeah, way too many to remember. Then there's all the legends of the 70's and 80's. Fuckin Ajax, sad to see them struggling in the UEFA Cup in 2009.

whitey
03-12-2009, 07:17 PM
no doubt.

i think about a salary cap at times. i dont see how it could ever work. and it would also take the tradition out of football. but i just dont want to see the same 4 english teams in the champions league semis every year from now on. that was also part of my thinking when i was writing out that tirad a page earlier.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 07:26 PM
get outta my face kid, i just sonned the shit out of you and you know. thats why all you had was that weak ass ooooo celtic isnt english duhhh i knew that. well if you knew it why the fuck did you write it you herb.

lol

yes, by letting an Englishman know that Celtic is in Scotland, you totally e-ethered me dude! idk how I can come back from that one!!

By the way, Toronto is in Canada, dumbass.

BOOM!!!

back in tha game, sucka!!!

The Hound
03-12-2009, 07:31 PM
You're the one who brought up Celtic winning the European Cup whilst highlighting in bold whitey saying English success in the Champions League.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
so what?

Neither of you are from or have even been to england.

They are a BRITISH team. They have a following and and not looked at as foreign.

Obviously, they are not english, WELL DONE FOR FIGURING THAT ONE OUT, DEAL WITH IT FAGGOTS

The Hound
03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Have you figured out Liverpool have won it 5 times and not 4 times, yet?

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 07:43 PM
oh god youre such a factious twat.

unlike you, i can reel off things like that without wikipedia, and if you are asking me to explaing myself, i simply typed something fast and made an error?

allowed?

I knew it was 5 of course after i posted it, but didnt deem it neccessary to change in this company.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 07:46 PM
You didn't even know the FA are powerless to punish players after a match unless there was on field punishment first, why would I expect you to be able to rattle off European Cup winners and how many times they have won? I keep my expectations reasonable.

And no, it's not allowed if you want to say so and so is dumb and doesn't know shit about football, especially if you base your argument on where somebody is from.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I was humoring you.

That rule is still moot.

They can do, and have done, on numerous occasions. When it suits them.

Intracies like this and the corruption of the FA and english media is not something you could know about unless you live here.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 07:53 PM
No, you genuinely didn't know the rule.

Look, I'm not trying to be this pedantic but am only doing so because you started shitting on people, like I said, and It's very pety and should probably be put to rest now.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 08:02 PM
They can.

They recently charged SWP for a kick out that wasnt dealt with.

Its ALL down to wheter, in the Ref;s match report, the ref says he saw it, or he didnt.

Its down to the ref's mood. If the ref says he saw it, nothing happens, the ref eithe rhas to choose whether to look like a shit ref and admit he saw it and did nothing, or just say he didnt see it and let the FA deal with it.

The Hound
03-12-2009, 08:07 PM
The difference is that the referee with the Chelsea kick (forget who) waived it away, and from memory I think awarded the fould against Liverpool, the matter is closed. Not seeing it is different because there is still intent of action, or whatever it is technically known as.

That's why it is confusing and that's why it isn't fair because one which is worse doesn't get punished and one which isn't so bad does.

whitey
03-12-2009, 08:10 PM
look ya little lacey d-bag, i brought the flames because you are a little prick.

you tried to throw a dig at me, and because of your lack of reading comprehension you failed badly.

then i sonned you. and you tried to throw another dig at me and got sonned again because you made the mistake and tried to act like i brought it up.

this is the internet. you dont need to act like you are as hard as two day old shit. get over it dog. your gimmick is wack. herb be gone.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 08:26 PM
eh...

whitey
03-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Maradona gave an interview to Argentine cable broadcaster TyCSports, he sharing his fear that his new grandson, Sergio Agüero's son Benjamín, will do as his mother wants and grow up to be a dancer rather than a footballer. To that Maradona replied ''I'll burn down every dance academy in Argentina!''

Maradona...coked up since 1987

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
that kids got some incredible genes.

Aguero is ridiculous. hes got the best touch European football imo. Followed by Berb's and Ibra

whitey
03-12-2009, 09:44 PM
in all honestly, i doubt there is anyone in the history of the game that will have the lineage of this kid.

probably also lead to massive pressure when he gets of age. hopefully hes a beast.

Krimewave
03-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Maradona gave an interview to Argentine cable broadcaster TyCSports, he sharing his fear that his new grandson, Sergio Agüero's son Benjamín, will do as his mother wants and grow up to be a dancer rather than a footballer. To that Maradona replied ''I'll burn down every dance academy in Argentina!''

Maradona...coked up since 1987

lol, you gotta love Diego, everything he says is worth hearing, even if it's just for it's comedy value, the man's a true legend.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Maradona good, Pelé better, George Best.

Guarded By Martyrs
03-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Eusebio & Puskás deserves to be in that elite list as well I think.

Cantona deserves his props too, he was one of my favourite players.

whitey
03-13-2009, 10:59 AM
the CL draw is today, right?

anyone know what time?

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-13-2009, 04:05 PM
i thought it was the 20th

Kingkazim
03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
ye its next friday.
i hope liverpool get panathanaikos

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-13-2009, 05:26 PM
lol pana didn't cam through

whitey
03-13-2009, 05:40 PM
the CL draw is today, right?

anyone know what time?

i thought it was the 20th

no doubt. i heard friday real quick on one of the telecasts i wasnt sure on the date.

i think it will be tough for an english team not to win it. statistically they have a 50% chance. realistically its probably 75%.

id prefer...

barca-playing superb football
bayern-luca
villareal-rossi
chelsea-be nice to see gus win it managing a team half a year, when jose` couldnt in his time.

liverpool, arsenal, man u, porto all bottom. i really dont want any of these teams to win it. i like a lot of liverpools players, just dont want them getting closer to milans amount of titles. i like some arsenal players, but more so they dont deserve to win it imo. man u is just the antichrist to me. porto would be a joke if they won 2 CLs in the 00's.

Kingkazim
03-13-2009, 05:41 PM
lol pana didn't cam through

my bad. i mean villareal

The Hound
03-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Eusebio & Puskás deserves to be in that elite list as well I think.

Finished off by Beckenbauer, Cruijff & Yashin.

I don't know why so many people shit on Porto. Look at their 04 team and see how many are at Chelsea now or playing in Spain and Italy. That was a mad team playing some slick football and in 2009 they have the Incredible Hulk.

Only English team we can beat is Arsenal.

whitey
03-13-2009, 06:19 PM
i know. i guess it actually wouldnt be that bad of a thing if they won. provides a break from the usually suspects. but i dont really give them much of a chance.

The Hound
03-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Since we won't win it I'd like to see Barca win. They only have 2 cups in their history, they need to make up ground. They play the best football to watch of anybody. Their defence is a problem though.

HANZO
03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
I think most ppl would like to see Barca go as far as possible. they play the most entertaining style of football. but usually those teams never really win.

Porto are a solid team, to think they werent even gonna be in the champs league at the start of the season. now they in the quarters, good for them.

Drunken Monk
03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I'd like to see Barca win. .

BARCA DONT DESERVES TO WIN CHAMPIONS
i bet for villareal this year villareals making an incredible spanish league wit cazorla senna pires and diego lopes

whitey
03-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Since we won't win it I'd like to see Barca win. They only have 2 cups in their history, they need to make up ground. They play the best football to watch of anybody. Their defence is a problem though.

word. good luck to that defense especially if they have to face ronaldo rooney berba and tevez.

whitey
03-14-2009, 07:49 AM
BARCA DONT DESERVES TO WIN CHAMPIONS
i bet for villareal this year villareals making an incredible spanish league wit cazorla senna pires and diego lopes

uhh don't deserve it? how do you figure?

next i'd like to touch on a subject a lot of the duesh bags on this site bring up when they say why the US isnt good at football. they claim because the united states's best athletes play other sports that is why we are behind, and that if our best athletes did play soccer we would be sick at it. this is where their lack of comprehension of the game comes in.

goal.com just ranked the top 25 MLS players. not something most of you care about. but it proves my point. the number 1 player on the list was Guillermo Barros Schelotto. now he is no where near the best athlete in the mls. probably on the bottom side in fact. however what seperates him is his touch, vision, and immense soccer knowledge that he possess. that is what the soccer haters in this country dont get. sure athletisms plays a big part, not going to lie. but the zidanes of the world are not the best athletes (again very good athlete but you know what im saying), but they are the most skilled, smartest players there are. thats what really seprates the sport in general. it is much more a mental game than most others. thats part of the beauty, you cannot be some mindless plug but be a sick athlete and expect to earn a paycheck other than in leagues like the mls or other shitty leagues.

rant over. 8:48 am. leave to go to store to pick up beers and start getting shitfaced for st.pattys day before the parade. holla holla holla.

Tage
03-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Half Time

Man Utd 1 - 2 LIVERPOOL

that penalty settled the score... FUCK YEAH! C'MON 'POOL!

RALPH WIGGUM
03-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Well well well if Torres and Stevie G keep it up that way till the end, who knows...
Anyway, feels great to see Man U losing, especially against Livpool.

The Hound
03-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Poor United.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Damn Aurelio! too bad for vidic. ManU's not gon catch up now.

The Hound
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Wutage will be overdosing right about now

Tage
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Vidic is a little bitch.

Man Utd 1 - 4 LIVERPOOL.... sorry Alex.

Dossena... hahahahaha... you know how to finish a match off and get 2 goals in 2 games, against 2 of the best domestic teams in the world.

Tage
03-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Wutage will be overdosing right about now

having a power wank over a pic of Benitez... slightly drunk/high and its only 3pm! :yessad:

RALPH WIGGUM
03-14-2009, 10:00 AM
ManU really got hammered this time.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Now all I want to see is Rafa and Fergie's interviews.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-14-2009, 12:33 PM
It's going to be a great end of the season.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-14-2009, 04:28 PM
just got back form work so i didnt see the match but I did tape it. i almost got in a fight lol with the chef pool fan at my bar who was rubbing it in past the limit i could cope with lol. cunt.

idk how the fuck we possibly couldve conceded 4.

like, impossible.

we still have a game in hand.

im gutted. it all depends now on the chelsea-city game 2moro.

i just watched the first half taped and we didnt play all that badly, didnt play great but nothing that indicated a 4-1 pisstake.

Kingkazim
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x168/LFC-logo/liverpoolsky_net_logo/hraci - obrana/Dossena3.png

Drunken Monk
03-14-2009, 06:03 PM
awesome match of hunteelar
him and robben cracks on Madrid
did u see the match?
nice game to lass metzelder and ramos

Kingkazim
03-14-2009, 06:16 PM
what was the score?
who did they play?

Drunken Monk
03-14-2009, 06:22 PM
2-5
vs athletic bilbao
robben
2 of hunteelar
higuain
heinze

Tage
03-14-2009, 07:30 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x168/LFC-logo/liverpoolsky_net_logo/hraci%20-%20obrana/Dossena3.png

hahahahahah... he has to start left mid for our next match against Villa

whitey
03-15-2009, 09:54 AM
milan up 2-0 at the half.

pirlo (pk)
and the super one with goals

not playing particularly well but ill take it. just they dont piss it away like they have on a couple of occasions this year.

whitey
03-15-2009, 10:20 AM
milan 3-0 56 mins in

pato puts in an absolute beast of a shot in from 25. this kid is going to be world player of the year within 5 years.

whitey
03-15-2009, 10:33 AM
4-1

super pippo scores his 300th goal. a true legend.

5-1

dinho to pato. tricked the shit out of the goalie, it was a nice.

Wutang36
03-15-2009, 10:14 PM
I am a Man Utd fan (I like Barça & AC Milan too). We got hammered by Liverpool for the first time since years, but I must admit that they desreved to win.
We made a lot of mistakes; especially by Vidic (fist goal) and Evra.
But don't fellow Man Utd fans, we'll bounce back soon.

Tage
03-16-2009, 08:06 AM
^we beat you earlier this season aswell.

wutang36, Man Utd chiefs have setup a help line for despondant Man U fans... the number is...

0800 4-1 4-1 4-1

... thankyou, come again.

The Hound
03-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Klose is injured so our Champions League run is FUCKED.

whitey
03-16-2009, 08:26 AM
the big man and the little man are just going to have to step it up.

although that is a big blow.

anyone have thoughts on the 6+5 system they are trying to push through the EU?

The Hound
03-16-2009, 08:36 AM
They're injured too. That's why we're fucked. We have Podolski and Donovan.

SMH. They let Schlaudraff go this year too.

whitey
03-16-2009, 10:10 AM
they arent gonna be fit for the either leg? they still have a couple weeks.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-16-2009, 10:23 AM
anyone have thoughts on the 6+5 system they are trying to push through the EU?

its bull.

They shouldnt be holding back the best players from playing together. Its FIFA's JOB to be increasing the quality of football, not restricting it. Everyone wants to see the best teams, with the best players together, a few peopl jealous of the EPL's success shouldnt be stopping that, they should just adapt better to the new face of the game.

whitey
03-16-2009, 10:44 AM
i see both sides of it. i think yea it will decrease the quality of the club game, at least in the beginning.

however on the other side of the coin i feel especially the english would be worried because yea their club success would definatly suffer at first. can you name 24 english players that should be playing in the champions league? i doubt anyone could. because i dont think they exist. its not only the big english clubs, you can even look at the mid levels. boltons, portsmoths, everton, they dont even field that many english players. while almost all italian sides minus inter field usually 50 to 75% of their team being italian.

but at the same time i think there is a reason why england doesnt do well on the international stage and i think this would no doubt help them there.

i guess my opinion is IDK at the point.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-16-2009, 10:56 AM
the ONLY thing FIFA cares about its the World Cup. Thats where they make their moneys, and keeping national teams relevent and strong is all they focus on.

but no one really gives a shit about their national side anymore in comparison to their club. If you asked any United fan if they prefer England to win the World Cup to United wnning the Champions League again 95% would say United.

FIFA knows this, which is why they are taking these drastic measures aimed at England because they know England is the most powerful football nation in the world right now, and it scares them

Wutang36
03-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Klose is injured so our Champions League run is FUCKED.

Then I have to replace him in my Champions League Fantasy Football. It's a shame 'cause
Ribery is injured too.

Wutang36
03-16-2009, 11:48 AM
^we beat you earlier this season aswell.

wutang36, Man Utd chiefs have setup a help line for despondant Man U fans... the number is...

0800 4-1 4-1 4-1

... thankyou, come again.

I know Tage mate. The game was lost since Vidic made that dumb mistake.
And I must say, without El Niño you could have lost the game. He is the one who brought
you back in the game, with his skills, quickness and energy.
But Utd lost the game because they were a bit tired, playing three games in a week was tough
while Liverpool didn't have to play last week (FA Cup).

whitey
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
the ONLY thing FIFA cares about its the World Cup. Thats where they make their moneys, and keeping national teams relevent and strong is all they focus on.

but no one really gives a shit about their national side anymore in comparison to their club. If you asked any United fan if they prefer England to win the World Cup to United wnning the Champions League again 95% would say United.

FIFA knows this, which is why they are taking these drastic measures aimed at England because they know England is the most powerful football nation in the world right now, and it scares them

to that i would just say every united fan knows they are in to compete for a trophy almost every year, where the same englishmen dont have much hope in england bringing home any silverware every two years.

but like i said its up in the air. and in the end isnt every players goal to win a world cup before anything else? it certainly would be mine.

The Hound
03-16-2009, 09:36 PM
they arent gonna be fit for the either leg? they still have a couple weeks.

Don't know about Ribery or Toni yet, they should be alright come the first leg but Klose is out for the season which brings our strike force down to 3.

34 Goals scored in the Bundesliga over the weekend in 9 games. The most entertaining league in the world bar none.

whitey
03-16-2009, 09:43 PM
sheeaaaat http://i.media.goal.com/g/45323_news.jpg

HANZO
03-17-2009, 07:01 PM
300 for Super Pippo nice.

Ibra's goal in the weekend was nice, but like my italian friend said it doesnt really matter cause he cant do it in games that matter.

With the German league, i think most German teams are forgetting to play defense and they have all just become ferocious offensive teams.

whitey
03-17-2009, 07:25 PM
^no doubt about that ibra comment. if he does that against man u and they win, that makes him big time. the fact that he is utter shit in those two games, than comes and lights up la viola just proves some peoples thoughts that, although he is massively talented, he is not big time.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-18-2009, 07:27 PM
^^^^^^yeah, I'm afraid that's true.

Has anybody heard some shit about Drogba, Carvalho and others coming to Inter? XD LOL

Pippo is a legend tho. I will never forget him, he is prolly the least talented football player I'll know in 50 years from now.

The Hound
03-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah, apparently Special One wants Essien, Carvahlo, Mikel, Drogba, Vidic and Diaby and also maybe Eto'o and Ibrahimovic in a swap.

Eto'o would have to have the most transfer rumours about any one player of the last 2 years.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
In the words of Master Ferguson, Pippo Inzaghi was "born offside"

whitey
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
^^^^^^yeah, I'm afraid that's true.

Has anybody heard some shit about Drogba, Carvalho and others coming to Inter? XD LOL

Pippo is a legend tho. I will never forget him, he is prolly the least talented football player I'll know in 50 years from now.

upon first appearance this is true. compared to the flashy skill of an ibra you are correct. but tactical awareness, goal poaching ability, timing, football knowledge are all football skills. unfortunately you don't really see them like you see 3 step overs in a row and think daaaaamn that was sick. and the best part about it, is hes playing now just like he has for 18 years. calling him not talented is a bit of a misnomer.

goal.com had an article on the mordern strikers in the 300 club. the list is short and very impressive...

alan shearer
henrick larsson
ronaldo
raul
rudd van
batistuta

and now pippo.

The Hound
03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
As much as I like Larsson, scoring a shit load of goals in the SPL should be worth half a goal.

whitey
03-18-2009, 08:43 PM
yea, the article defiantly did comment on that. but still his time at barca and man u shows his class. and tons of strikers play in shit leagues, but they none of them have over 400 goals.

i would have liked to see him in another league however.

Wutang36
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Agree with you both. Larsson is very good player and where he plays he delivers.
I remember when he was at Feyenoord Rotterdam, he was so important for the club.
But also at Man Utd last year, he was huge in our frontline. He helped Utd in games, especially when it matters.

Kingkazim
03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
and remember larrson in the champions league final against Arsenal a few years back?
he set the bar high for barca

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
goal.com had an article on the mordern strikers in the 300 club. the list is short and very impressive...

alan shearer
henrick larsson
ronaldo
raul
rudd van
batistuta

and now pippo.

????

Please post this article.

RVN hasnt got 300, hes got less then Henry, who in even on the list.

The list must include Internationl goals also, but even with RVN holland goals it would only be about 270. Henry is about the same.

Ronaldo also is on about 290 (inc national games). Considering the amount of seasons hes had injured i think this is the best record.

whitey
03-19-2009, 04:09 PM
sho nuff.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/2009/03/15/1159300/comment-just-face-it-pippo-inzaghi-is-a-legend

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 04:16 PM
jesus, goal.com just gets worse and worse.

that ariticle was terrible:

'SuperPippo' netted his 300th career goal. To the casual observer, that may be a fairly meaningless milestone in the life of a 35-year-old goal-poacher

wtf? what fan of football, even the MOST casual, would see scoring your 300th goal as meaningless?

what a douche

and hes got his stats totally wrong, im pretty sure

whitey
03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
could be. ive seen wrong info in their articles before. i didnt fact check it myself, just took their word for it. id hope they would have some semblance of journalistic integrity on the subject.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-19-2009, 06:01 PM
upon first appearance this is true. compared to the flashy skill of an ibra you are correct. but tactical awareness, goal poaching ability, timing, football knowledge are all football skills. unfortunately you don't really see them like you see 3 step overs in a row and think daaaaamn that was sick. and the best part about it, is hes playing now just like he has for 18 years. calling him not talented is a bit of a misnomer.

alan shearer
henrick larsson
ronaldo
raul
rudd van
batistuta

and now pippo.

yeah, well, Pippo is a special dude. But the best moments are when he is arguing with the referees ahaha

whitey
03-19-2009, 06:55 PM
that and his goal celebrations. classic. captures the essence of football.

The Hound
03-19-2009, 07:06 PM

Umm he has MORE than Henry and has well over 300 goals and is in like his 17th season or some shit and scored 150 odd goals for Manchester United in a 5 or 6 year period ALONE or however long he was there. And they include League, Cups and European goals.

SMH.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Umm he has MORE than Henry and has well over 300 goals and is in like his 17th season or some shit and scored 150 odd goals for Manchester United in a 5 or 6 year period ALONE or however long he was there. And they include League, Cups and European goals.

SMH.

Since the 2001/02 season, IN ALL COMPETITIONS, inc National Teams

RVN = 305 goals
Henry = 364 goals

Henry>>>>RVN, EASY

And to add to that, Henry haad a couple of injury hit seasons with Arsenal, while RVN has been pretty much injury free the whole time since 2001

The Hound
03-19-2009, 07:25 PM
LOL You scrape the bottom of the barrel. Club career, which is the requirement here, RVN has Henry covered.

CAREER.

Not specific time periods to suit your argument.

94-09 RVN > Henry

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 07:28 PM
no he doesnt

Club career hes still beat, prolly even more so. Im not going thru it again but they both have similar National team records anyway, RVN im guessing a slightly better record since 01.

AND henry was a winger for Monaco but still scored around 30 goals for them

Noone cares about Ruud before United.

The goals in Holland only count as half.

Its from 2001 FAGGOT STOP TWISTIGN THE ARGUMENT SO IT WORKS FOR YOU.

The Hound
03-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Where the fuck did you get 2001 from you dumb cunt?

Similar national team records? RVN has 15 less goals but played 45 less than Henry.

LOL

Why are you bringing 2001 and international records when the 300 club is for CLUB football over a career? This isn't the "2001 and beyond club + international record" LOL fucking Alan Shearer is in there with a career spanning 88-06

And RVN started when Henry started and has covered by a good margain AND he spent major time on the sidelines multiple times from a fucked knee

AND HE STILL HAS HENRY COVERED LOL

You don't know jack shit on anything you speak on.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Bonerboy just face it you failed miserably, stop getting so wound up and acknowledge the facts and figures for once.

I have posted factual figures that prove my point, everyone over here knows anyway Henry has a better record than RVN at the top level, you cant tell me anything sitting all the way over there in AUSTRALIA about football, on anything. Im out here living it everydau and have been since i was little. You however are in Australia lol.

Wutang36
03-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Mates, I think that Ghostlaced is right: Henry has scored more goals than Ruud van Nistelrooy.
Henry has scored 261 (clubs & country) and RVN has scored 259 (clubs & country).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thierry_Henry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_van_Nistelrooy

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 08:17 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=8039&cc=5739

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=8852&cc=5739

read it and weep Boner lover

The Hound
03-19-2009, 08:21 PM
RVN
Career total 501/317

Thierry Henry
Career Total 605/296

You were saying?

And I don't give a fuck where I live, my family is German which has a SUPERIOR football history to you. I been to Amsterdam to watch Bayern in the CL, been to the Olympiastadion to watch MULTIPLE city derbies with the Lions and MULTIPLE Bayern CL fixtures and MULTIPLE Bundesliga fixtures at Westfalenstadion, BayArena, Niedersachsenstadion, Fritz-Walter-Stadion and watched MULTIPLE Bavarian derbies at Frankenstadion in an atmosphere the EPL could only DREAM of.

And why do you keep starting from 2001 when their careers started back in 94? :?

The Hound
03-19-2009, 08:35 PM
LOL what was that about reading and weep?

http://www.rvn10.com/revamp/information_statistics.php

Add all the goals up and it equates to more than 300.

You regularly get shown up for bringing up wrong information and getting your stats wrong and this hurts you twice as bad because you're being shown up by some idiot who lives in Australia and knows more about football than you do.

The Hound
03-19-2009, 08:47 PM
No surprise to see GHOSTLACED not return after probably googling the last 20 minutes to try and find some dodgy, Bulgarian website that says RVN hasn't scored 300 goals and not finding one he gave up like he normaly does.

Imagine being shown up by me twice in the last day?

????

Please post this article.

The list must include Internationl goals also, but even with RVN holland goals it would only be about 270. Henry is about the same.

Ronaldo also is on about 290 (inc national games). Considering the amount of seasons hes had injured i think this is the best record.

Bonerboy just face it you failed miserably, stop getting so wound up and acknowledge the facts and figures for once.

I have posted factual figures that prove my point, everyone over here knows anyway Henry has a better record than RVN at the top level, you cant tell me anything sitting all the way over there in AUSTRALIA about football, on anything. Im out here living it everydau and have been since i was little. You however are in Australia lol.

LOL. What actual figures have you posted? You have only posted figures to say since 2001 Henry has outscored RVN. That is fact, I never disputed that BUT you made the claim that goal.com got their information wrong about RVN scoring 300 when he has WELL OVER 300 goals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_van_Nistelrooy#Statistics

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
hahah look at the state of rage!!

ive already proved you wrong, i dont care how many RVN has got, Henry still has more CAREER goals

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=8039&cc=5739

^add them up, youll see it comes to 364.

I win.

You fail.

And if you were a real German you wouldnt be sticking up SO MUCH for a Holland player. You just dont do that in Germany. Especially when your embarrasingly wrong lol.

The Hound
03-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I am not sticking up for a Dutchman, I'm just proving you wrong. You keep including international goals, why? International goals aren't included. :?

Face it, you're wrong, as usual. You're making a fool of yourself like Rick Ross.

The Hound
03-19-2009, 09:13 PM
HAHAHAHA and you can't even count correctly. You probably added up his appearances. Even without his international goals on the link you gave me he has 213 goals WITHOUT including his international goals and adding up all the goals it equates to 237 LOL

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU 364 FROM? OH WAIT LOL LOL YOU ADDED UP HIS GAMES STARTED TALLY INSTEAD OF HIS GOALS TALLY

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL

Fuck you're a hopeless cunt

The Hound
03-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Glossary

GS: Games Started

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 09:17 PM
No, im not including internationl goals now, stop making false claims to depserately extend your lifespan.

Even without Internationl goals, like i posted before, Henry still has the far better record.

I have no idea why you are still arguing this point when I posted proof on the ESPN stats website. Why are you still argueing? Are you a retard?

Its there in black and white for you to read. Your a fucking lunatic. Why do you keep bringing up pointless points like International games? Theres onyla 15 goals difference anyway and Henry is about 60 goals ahead regardless so its a moot point.

Im not debaing this one more post longer, its obvious im dealing with a complete clown who will not ACCPET the fact he has been proven wrong.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 09:20 PM
.including his international goals and adding up all the goals it equates to 237 LOL

nt

AND RVN'S IS 217!!!!!

YOU STAY LOSIN RETARD!!!!!!

The Hound
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
LOL you posted the link and added up THE WRONG STATISTIC

THE WRONG STATISTIC

YOU ADDED UP HIS GAMES STARTED INSTEAD OF HIS GOALS

THE WRONG STATISTIC

GS: GAMES STARTED

G: GOALS

THE WRONG STATISTIC

lol you really have lost this so bad that you try and flip it and switch. YOU started talking about international goals, not me.

YOU ADDED UP THE WRONG STATISTIC

THE WRONG STATISTIC

It's probably in your best interest to stop with your last post.

GOALS: 1+29+17+18+35+30+42+33+32= 237
GAMES STARTED: 3+1+42+37+35+46+56+56+58+34= 368

Here it is, in black and white:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=8039&cc=3436

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players...d=8039&cc=5739 (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=8039&cc=5739)

^add them up, youll see it comes to 364

YOU ADDED UP THE WRONG STATISTIC

The Hound
03-19-2009, 09:25 PM
AND RVN'S IS 217!!!!!

YOU STAY LOSIN RETARD!!!!!!

You see, I never debated he didn't outscore Henry since 2001, I said RVN HAD scored 300 goals IN HIS CAREER. You brought up the meaningless bullshit of 2001 and Henry out scoring him which had nothing to do with the 300 club and RVN's membership.

LOL imagine saying goal.com got their information wrong only to be proven wrong ... BY GOAL.COM

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-19-2009, 09:33 PM
You see, I never debated he didn't outscore Henry since 2001, I said RVN HAD scored 300 goals IN HIS CAREER. You brought up the meaningless bullshit of 2001 and Henry out scoring him which had nothing to do with the 300 club and RVN's membership.

BACKTRACK.

You kept being unclear from post to post about what you meant by career, then started saying dont include National games, then you were including national games,

but the whole time you were basically saying RVN scored more than Henry

That was like, your entire argument. I was never questioning who scored what exactly as the main point, my main point was that since 2001, Henry has scored more.

Which you argued with.

Fact.

Oh and 2001 isnt meaningless bullshit", its when they both started at the Top level, and is the best way to judge them as a pair, im not including RVN's holland goals from before

The Hound
03-19-2009, 11:05 PM
LOL just give up. I clearly state

1) RVN has 300 goals - a fact you denied then tried to save face by bringing in 2001 or some other bullshit that had zero relation to your "RVN hasn't score 300 goals"
2) I state it was for club career ONLY and NOT international goals.

SMH.

Since the 2001/02 season, IN ALL COMPETITIONS, inc National Teams

RVN = 305 goals
Henry = 364 goals

Henry>>>>RVN, EASY

And to add to that, Henry haad a couple of injury hit seasons with Arsenal, while RVN has been pretty much injury free the whole time since 2001

LOL You scrape the bottom of the barrel. Club career, which is the requirement here, RVN has Henry covered.

CAREER.

Not specific time periods to suit your argument.

94-09 RVN > Henry

no he doesnt

Club career hes still beat, prolly even more so. Im not going thru it again but they both have similar National team records anyway, RVN im guessing a slightly better record since 01.

AND henry was a winger for Monaco but still scored around 30 goals for them

Noone cares about Ruud before United.

The goals in Holland only count as half.

Its from 2001 FAGGOT STOP TWISTIGN THE ARGUMENT SO IT WORKS FOR YOU.

Where the fuck did you get 2001 from you dumb cunt?

Similar national team records? RVN has 15 less goals but played 45 less than Henry.

LOL

Why are you bringing 2001 and international records when the 300 club is for CLUB football over a career? This isn't the "2001 and beyond club + international record" LOL fucking Alan Shearer is in there with a career spanning 88-06

And RVN started when Henry started and has covered by a good margain AND he spent major time on the sidelines multiple times from a fucked knee

AND HE STILL HAS HENRY COVERED LOL

You don't know jack shit on anything you speak on.

HAHAHAHA and you can't even count correctly. You probably added up his appearances. Even without his international goals on the link you gave me he has 213 goals WITHOUT including his international goals and adding up all the goals it equates to 237 LOL

I mentioned international goals there because the link you were using as gospel (the one where you added the wrong statistic) INCLUDES international goals and I was making the point that even with international goals included he hadn't scored 364 (because you added up the wrong statistic)

You lost. Again.

The Hound
03-19-2009, 11:18 PM
but the whole time you were basically saying RVN scored more than Henry

That was like, your entire argument. I was never questioning who scored what exactly as the main point

oh, you weren't arguing who had scored more?

See, you commented on the article which was talking about the 300 club OVER A CAREER, got that wrong, then had to back track to some 2001 onwards bullshit to try and suit yoru argument which had no relation to what was being discussed

LOL You claim to be a Manchester United supporter and reckon that RVN had a relatively injury free time since 2001

SO WHY IS RVN INJURED IN 2009? WHY DID HE MISS THE MAJORITY OF 2004?

lol You don't know your arse from your elbow

Tage
03-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Liverpool V Chelsea AGAIN!!!!!!

Guarded By Martyrs
03-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I knew it !!!!!!

RALPH WIGGUM
03-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Every year ! When is Livpool gonna meet ManU in the Champions League, thats what I wanna see, even if they do need to revenge after last year, but they need to win cause I need a final Liverpool-ManU, that would be great.

Wutang36
03-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Man Utd v Liverpool; a dream final.

The Hound
03-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Fuck Barcelona, we can win!

whitey
03-20-2009, 03:41 PM
course man u gets porto. hella gay.

bayern and barca draw is gay. id rather have that next round if possible.

really want barca to win this bitch.

The Hound
03-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Not only Porto but then Villarreal or Arsenal and we get stuck with Barca, Liverpool and Chel$ki.

Tage
03-21-2009, 12:03 PM
^yeah when bayern beat barca, it will be bayern/liverpool in the semis... i cant see man utd getting far this time round, liverpool have crushed them

2 losses on the flop for united hahah!!!!

hopefully we can take advantage of chelsea and uniteds performances and waste villa.