PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

The Hound
03-21-2009, 12:42 PM
IF Bayern beat Barca haha. But, which ever one of those 4 teams makes the final would surely fancy themselves in the final and would probably be happy they don't play one of the other 3 from their side in the final. I'd much rather take Barca on in a two-leg fixture than a one off, neutral game.

If Manchester United don't make the final then the winner surely will come from one of the 4 on the hard side.

Tage
03-21-2009, 01:02 PM
^yeah, united get it easy. on the easy side of the draw... and will still have a game in hand in the league.

why does this happen? why do the most prolific team get advantages like this? i mean, the draw is obviously random... but they should be made to play the games they have in hand... so after weekends ITS EVEN ON GAMES.

pisses me off.

Kingkazim
03-21-2009, 02:33 PM
man utd!
what da fuuk

fulham fucked them up nicely, GET IN DERE DANNY MURPHY

Tage
03-21-2009, 03:06 PM
^yup... done Liverpool proud.. again.

RALPH WIGGUM
03-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Ha ha Livpool hammered them so bad ManU cant even play straight anymore, 2 nill against fulham... Draw at Ewood Park, no worries we gonna finish 7th, even though Fulham's getting more threatening ha ha.

HANZO
03-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Chelski lose to which means all in all a very good day.

on the champs league draw, the Barca - Bayern game will probably be epic, my prediction is both games will be 6-6.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh well its not a surprise to me we lost another game.

I always knew we were going to drop points at some stage, I just hoped Chelsea would too, AND THEY DID!!!

LOL!

The fact Chelsea lost totally made up for us losing. I bet they were GUTTED hahahhaha. stupid cunts.

Liverpool arent guarenteed any points tommorow, but as long as Chelsea dont overtake us I dont care.

Im totally focused on the Champions League now tbh. The league would be nice of course but as long as Chelsea dont win it (who I always saw as the danger team even when EVERYONE wrote them off stupidly) im not MAJORLY mad.

Of course all this changes if we get knocked out the CL.

But as long as we're in it im sure CL is the priority. And SAF has even said that himself.

MY NEW MOST HATED EPL PLAYER: STEVEN TAYLOR.

God that guy is the most dislikable man in a long time. Not only that hes a pile of shit player aswell, that has seemed to make a career out of the occasional last ditch desperation tackle, that resulted from his poor positional play.

HANZO
03-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Lpool will probably draw or something tomorrow. We used to fucking up chances like this.

whitey
03-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Oh well its not a surprise to me we lost another game.

I always knew we were going to drop points at some stage, I just hoped Chelsea would too, AND THEY DID!!!

LOL!

The fact Chelsea lost totally made up for us losing. I bet they were GUTTED hahahhaha. stupid cunts.

Liverpool arent guarenteed any points tommorow, but as long as Chelsea dont overtake us I dont care.

Im totally focused on the Champions League now tbh. The league would be nice of course but as long as Chelsea dont win it (who I always saw as the danger team even when EVERYONE wrote them off stupidly) im not MAJORLY mad.

Of course all this changes if we get knocked out the CL.

But as long as we're in it im sure CL is the priority. And SAF has even said that himself.

MY NEW MOST HATED EPL PLAYER: STEVEN TAYLOR.

God that guy is the most dislikable man in a long time. Not only that hes a pile of shit player aswell, that has seemed to make a career out of the occasional last ditch desperation tackle, that resulted from his poor positional play.

dudes a beast. no coincidence arsenal pounded in those goals right up the middle of the newcastle defense as he was on the sideline.

The Hound
03-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I'd be concentrating on Europe too if we had a fucking piss easy draw like Porto/Villarreal/Arsenal.

Tage
03-22-2009, 08:24 AM
lol @ ghostlaced... i cant take anything you say seriously about football. concentrating on the CL now? hmmmmm... ok.

hopefully we have a strong team out against Villa today and Benayoun gets back to fitness.

Tage
03-22-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.thedailydust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/rafa-benitez.jpg

5-0... Sorry Martin. Watch out Alex.

whitey
03-22-2009, 02:05 PM
martins big mistake not playing for the eufa cup. ever since them villas been shit.

whitey
03-22-2009, 02:20 PM
mancini did reggina dirty as fuck to earn that penal ibra scored.

and ibra did the fucking DIRT to them for inters third goal. shit was sick. like cantona, even with the same celebration after. but just goes back to yea ibra is killing the regginas but wheres that shit against man u. kaka>ibra.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-22-2009, 02:25 PM
martins big mistake not playing for the eufa cup. ever since them villas been shit.

agreed but not only that if they dont get fourth or are not even in the race for 4th then they have nothing left in their season.

I live near Villa park so I know alot of Villa fans, they are VERY pissed off about this situation.

Most Villa fans wanted to go for a European trophy rather than scrambling for a fuckign 4th place finish.

Terrible managing by O Neill imo.

Added to all that you can be sure the players wanted to play in the UEFA cup too. It has sapped their morale being knocked out now, we all know its no CL but its European football but it looks very good if you win it. Its a European trophy still.

Obviously the board were telling O Neill that they wanted the CL money more. The fans didnt.

Its the same as the Athletico Madrid scenario this season, they were IN the CL knockout stages, but the Board told the manager to concentrate on 4th place in the league, LOL. So the players got real pissed that they werent at full strength int he CL games (i think Forlan got rested), , and their morale is now crushed, and they might not even get 4th now either.

whitey
03-22-2009, 02:46 PM
exactly. players play to win. and win what they are in now. they arent in the business of playing for years down the road. all it takes is something as easy as not trying to win 1 game in russia and it has derailed all that they worked for all season.

i understand thats what a coach is there for, to make those sort of decisions. but you need to be realistic with your expectations as well. and i dont think playing your best players for 1 game in russia would have tired out a team so much they still couldnt get 4th. but what it has done is mentally stick a fork in them, apparently.

HANZO
03-22-2009, 05:17 PM
teams should just go out and try to win every game. whenever they choose which tournament to concentrate on they fuck up. Villa is a prime case, and there are many others. I mean it sort of undermines the UEFA cup as well because if a team like Villa doesnt really want to win it, does UEFA expect any other team to bother with it.

and Ibra's goal was absolutely disgusting
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CrDnjC8h2Xw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CrDnjC8h2Xw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

whitey
03-22-2009, 05:47 PM
did germany not have games this week?

HANZO
03-22-2009, 06:31 PM
yeah they did, Bayern beat Karlsruhe 1-0 i think.

Hamburg beat Schalke 2-1 today.

The Hound
03-22-2009, 08:45 PM
did germany not have games this week?

Hertha slipped up and lost which means they stay on 49, then Wolfsburg, Bayern and Hamburg on 48 then Hoffenheim on 44.

whitey
03-22-2009, 09:32 PM
word word. i couldnt find their scores on soccerway for some reason.

anyone watch the barca game this weekend? eeeyyyyuuuck dudes. they are playing so fucking sick right now. just dirty pass after dirty move after dirty goal. they just keep pumping them in.

whitey
03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
ha tone your boy lando scores a brace for the galaxy to net a point in their season opener.

whitey
03-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Friday, July 24
AC Milan vs. Chelsea FC at M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, Md.)
8 p.m. EST on ESPN

i am fucking there.

id rather go to the ac v. inter game 2 days later in boston but i got some commitments. still this is the fucking tits.

The Hound
03-24-2009, 02:59 PM
SMH if reports are true that Bayern are after some Celtic hack.

HANZO
03-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Bayern jus seem to be the team that likes to be rumoured in buying waste players.

I saw the highlights from that Barca - Malaga game. Barca was taking the piss. Malaga's defence was a joke but still. Barca's passing game is brutal.

whitey
03-25-2009, 09:04 PM
^best type of footy there is. thats what really makes it the beautiful game and better than any other sport.

The Hound
03-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Bayern jus seem to be the team that likes to be rumoured in buying waste players.

Unfortunately they turn out to be true more often than not.

chiba
03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Friday, July 24
AC Milan vs. Chelsea FC at M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, Md.)
8 p.m. EST on ESPN

i am fucking there.

id rather go to the ac v. inter game 2 days later in boston but i got some commitments. still this is the fucking tits.

regardless both are good games
for real id bail on that commitment still
lol:hooray:

whitey
03-26-2009, 05:51 PM
haa i def would rather see the inter v. ac game, but im going with a group of dudes who want to see chelsea. sooo its that game i get. not a big deal. just need to make the 8 hour trip back to rochester before my buddies wedding the next day, that im in. hopefully that works out.

R9 da real ronaldo...4 goals in 5 games on the comeback trail.

HANZO
03-26-2009, 07:39 PM
i dnt kno any person who would rather see Chelsea play instead of a Milan Derby.

anyway internationals on the weekend. Spain - Turkey. oh we are gonna get fucked in soo many different ways.

whitey
03-26-2009, 07:50 PM
americans who like the epl...:frusty:

but kinda also a little bit is the chelsea game is friday night and a closer drive to being in maryland, as opposed to the inter game on a sunday night and a farther drive to boston. but yea ac v. inter >>> ac v. chelski allllll day.

hey ya never know han, spain has to lose sometime. 27-0-2 is quite the streak, they almost have to lose, right? haha

Tage
03-27-2009, 01:39 PM
hopefully Capello uses Lennon 2moro. first time he's used him in the squad... hopefully he puts him to good use.... we need a quick as fuck winger.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-27-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah, I think Lennon is better than Wright-Phillips and all of them dudes lol

whitey
03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
^i wouldn't go that far. i'd rate him as englands third best winger behind Phillips and Joe Cole. and i guess if you count theo as a winger he would be 4th. if not, third.

Tage
03-27-2009, 08:19 PM
^theo is a winger.... but yeah, joe cole is definatly above them all. havent seen him play much for england under capello though

whitey
03-27-2009, 08:23 PM
hasn't played in general of late. seems to pick up a lot of injuries which is a shame.

Tage
03-27-2009, 08:27 PM
yeah, Cole isnt the quickest of wingers though, lennon & walcott (obviously the opposite wing) is alot faster...

if we (England) have Walcott on the right and Lennon on the left.... our strikers would have alot more to go for.

Tage
03-27-2009, 08:41 PM
on a different note...

I am glad that Rafa and all of his close staff at Melwood have signed new contracts with Liverpool to stay at Anfield.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...

whitey
03-27-2009, 08:59 PM
heres something funny i saw on espn. its a march madness college basketball style tournement, done by the author of the article, about 1 hit wonders in social settings (authors, actors, musicians, sports teams, ect.) most of it you guys wouldn't care about so ill just cut and paste the one that does pertain. which i find funny and true...

Teams Region

First Round

(4) 1966 England World Cup vs. (13) 1914 Boston Braves
We're going to apologize in advance to all soccer hooligans; just call us ignorant Americans if you wish. Anyway, we know English fans love soccer with a passion that surpasses Duke students on a binge of Red Bull. We know our soccer league sucks compared to yours. But why has England reached even the World Cup semifinals only one other time?

Second Round
(4) 1966 England World Cup vs. (5) 1983 North Carolina State
England finished fourth in the 1990 World Cup. Otherwise, no other trips past the quarterfinals. Uruguay has won two titles. West Germany/Germany has finished first or second five times since it lost the 1966 title to England. Turkey, Korea, Croatia and Bulgaria all have reached the semifinals since England last did. What, in the name of Bobby Charlton, sez you, England?

Round of 16
(1) 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey vs. (4) 1966 England World Cup
In an upset, England advances to the regional final! Bend it like Beckham, baby! Truth is, the U.S. team wasn't a one-hit wonder. After beating the Soviets, it still had to beat Finland to win gold.

Regional Final
(4) 1966 England World Cup vs. (2) New York Mets
Really, maybe England needs to try baseball or basketball or some other sport. Or just stick to snooker.

Final Four

Semifinals
1966 England World Cup vs. Vanilla Ice
We love England. Mind the gap. Big Ben. The Queen. And there's nothing like a good pint of English beer. As long as "Ice Ice Baby" isn't playing on the jukebox.

as usual england still doesnt win. *D just playin.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=wonders/090327 for anyone who wanted to see the whole thing.

whitey
03-28-2009, 04:57 PM
becks slangin that rock all over the pitch when he was on today.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-28-2009, 05:20 PM
lol how could I forgot Joe Cole....even tho I don't like small players in the middle...I like him, he can play anywhere actually

whitey
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
out of sight out of mind.

HANZO
03-28-2009, 06:05 PM
well we lost to Spain 1-0. fuckin boring game cause both teams play the same style of football. We played really well until the Spanish goal. had the 2 best chances in the game. the goal was another "wtf" moment by Turkey. we were aggressive all game then 1 minute of negative football passing the ball back to the keeper Spain get a freekick then some retarded goal. We did play well though until Semih got injured and Terim decided to replace him with a midfielder and leave Nihat alone. which is something Nihat cant do.

to be honest i really dnt think we got the ability to qualify for the world cup. Turkey is not the type of side that can easily put away teams with less talent. we will struggle alot with Belgium and Bosnia. Also the fact our players are made of glass aint gonna help. soo many damn injuries we started the game with one centre back. who did fuckin well against Torres i must say.

we will probably draw the game in Turkey on Wednesday.

The Hound
03-28-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,6554042,00.jpg

This guy does nothing but steal money from Chel$ki but still performs for nationalmannschaft. God bless him.

Ay, HAN, did you see that deal between Australia and Turkey to start playing ANZAC games?

Turkey is a lot better than New Zealand. They're an actual nation that can be taken serious.

I remember Turkey pumped Australia out here a few years ago.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
england are shit.

im sorry they are just shit.

central midfield mainly is pathetically inept and incredibly un dynamic.

Lampard without his chelsea players around him is exposed. although he is a goal threat. But he isnt a CM in a 442. Especially alongside Barry.

Where the fuck is Carrick?

Barry isnt international level in many ways, mainly in agilty, speed, and influence. all things needed for a CM vitally.

Only worthwhile England players are Rooney, Gerrard, Walcott and Ferdinand.

Fucking Downing is the most embarrasing excuse for a player in a long time.

Downing came on, against fucking SLOVAKIA, while we were 2-0 up I might add i think, and did NOTHING apart from pass the ball BACKWARDS slowly, and jog around again very slowly.

Non of them work hard enough.

Fuck em.

I wouldnt even care if we didnt have the fucking MEDIA constantly talking shit abotu how good we are.

As for Beckham, SMH.

The love affair with this man is now long past a joke for me.

We have at least 4 players that are faaaaaaaaaaaaar superior RM's

Walcott
Lennon
SWP
J Cole (fuck LM)

Beckhams era HAS PASSED. Hes had like 3 WC's, his chance should be over. He was piss poor in every WC he's played in, non of his England teams have ever acheived anything past QF, why the fuck is he still getting a chance.

Even if he CAN do a job, even if he IS somehow valuable, I DONT CARE, you need to refresh things, regardles of whether he can still whip in a good cross. New blood needs to come in.

Old teams, with no pace, dont do well in international tournaments.

I FUCKING HATE INTERNATIONAL WEEKS

My England team with everyon fit

-Foster

-Cole
-King
-Ferdinand
-Brown

-Hargeaves
-Walcott
-Carrick
-Gerrard

-Rooney
-Young

whitey
03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
^you putting stevie g on the wing in that formo?

The Hound
03-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Can I ask an honest question without being shitted on?

What's the fascination with Hargraeves?

He wasn't anything special at Bayern, didn't hold a regular spot and was basically used as a utility player. In his time at Manchester when he's been fit he hasn't really done much. It seems like the best thing he ever did was shone in an ordinary team at 2006 world cup.

IDK, there just seems to be so much fan fare about a guy who, for the most part, hasn't done anything spectacular.

Honestly, is it because he was playing overseas? I know becks and Owen and Woodgate, McManaman etc... have been overseas but none of them started their career overseas and everybody knew what they were like before they left.

HANZO
03-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Ay, HAN, did you see that deal between Australia and Turkey to start playing ANZAC games?

Turkey is a lot better than New Zealand. They're an actual nation that can be taken serious.

I remember Turkey pumped Australia out here a few years ago.

heard about it for now it will jus be the youth teams playing. they might have the senior teams play but i think it would be hard since the end of April is near the end of the Turkish season the teams would get pissed off.

He wasn't anything special at Bayern, didn't hold a regular spot and was basically used as a utility player. In his time at Manchester when he's been fit he hasn't really done much. It seems like the best thing he ever did was shone in an ordinary team at 2006 world cup.

IDK, there just seems to be so much fan fare about a guy who, for the most part, hasn't done anything spectacular.

Honestly, is it because he was playing overseas? I know becks and Owen and Woodgate, McManaman etc... have been overseas but none of them started their career overseas and everybody knew what they were like before they left.

its something to do with him playing Overseas, he probably has the best knowledge of the world game in the whole England squad. Plus when he played under Eriksson he was Englands best player. Nothing special though.

With England they very good at battering lower tier teams, but when it comes to playing serious games against serious opponents, England's weaknesses are exploited.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-28-2009, 08:37 PM

No, he is totally underrated over here, yourve got it twisted.

Its only really United fans who know how good he is.

He is a brilliant modern day midfielder. Hes dynamic, very athletic, very neat and quick passing, has great stamina, is VERY tactically aware, he has better technique than most english players.

and he has fantastic mentality and mental strength.

He is everything the England team lacks, he is like a argentinian midfielder, not an English one.

Obviously hes been out for 95% of this season, and wont be back until pre season for us, but hopefully his knee will be sorted because next season with a few players ageing in midfield we need him.

There is also the option of playing him at RB for England but really I think Brown is so underrated there, when Browns fit he can do that position.

^you putting stevie g on the wing in that formo?

I wouldnt have it like strict set positions. I would have Young and Gerrard interplaying down the left.

Ive seen United play this season without a LM at all a few times. As long as its covered defencivly, if you dont have a left winger then dont play one.

The Hound
03-28-2009, 09:18 PM
LOL

Wow.

I know you're a United "supporter," but damn, that's an over evaluation if ever I saw one.

whitey
03-29-2009, 12:45 AM
heard about it for now it will jus be the youth teams playing. they might have the senior teams play but i think it would be hard since the end of April is near the end of the Turkish season the teams would get pissed off.

its something to do with him playing Overseas, he probably has the best knowledge of the world game in the whole England squad. Plus when he played under Eriksson he was Englands best player. Nothing special though.

With England they very good at battering lower tier teams, but when it comes to playing serious games against serious opponents, England's weaknesses are exploited.

becks??????

whitey
03-29-2009, 12:47 AM
I wouldnt have it like strict set positions. I would have Young and Gerrard interplaying down the left.

Ive seen United play this season without a LM at all a few times. As long as its covered defencivly, if you dont have a left winger then dont play one.

so you'd have them both on the left, without a right mid/winger?

they could do the opposite of what man u did this year, or did you mean play them both on the right in some sort of interchanging formation?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Slovenia played 0:0 against Slovakia. We should've won, altho Baros almost gave us a goal from an action that didn't look dangerous. Uninteresting game to watch, only like 3 real chances on both sides. Even the possesion was 50:50.

N. Ireland beaten Poland 3:2, N.I. were far far better. I don't know what was Poland's defence doing....and their goalkeeper sucked ass.

JamSix
03-29-2009, 07:42 AM
christ what a piss-take that nederland scotland game was. I guess only 3-0 is a blessing when we've got fucking FOUR second choice defenders.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-29-2009, 07:15 PM
LOL

Wow.

I know you're a United "supporter," but damn, that's an over evaluation if ever I saw one.

look at this sad bitter kraut pissing blood out his pussy because his club got ditched in favor of United.

PLayers have ambitions, no one who is worth more is gonna stay at a club like Bayern longer than they have to, get usd to it, kraut

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Ecuador just took a giant 90min shit all over the brazil "team", but somehow Brazil scored with like their only real shot, but Ecuador FINALLY scored in the last minute. Just watched whole game, great game.

Brasil look terrible lol.

And then tey bring on the midget Dunga-lovechild Josue to try to sort out their invisible mid, and he just makes things worse. Meanwhile Anderson didnt even make it to the bench.

R10 was poor, Pato should be playing, so should The Beast.

HANZO
03-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Brazil never do well in Qualifiers. I watch alot of their games and they jus play shit. like they cant be bothered. but they seem to do enough to qualify. thats what really matters though.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
yeah i know but this was on a different level to what ive seen in the past.

they honestly really couldve lost about 7-0 on another day.

Julio Cesar is one of the best GK's in the world, though, no doubt.

HANZO
03-29-2009, 07:46 PM
oh yeah Julio Cesar is a pretty sik keeper, really underrated at the moment. His got really good reactions so can pull off some real quick saves.

whitey
03-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Ecuador just took a giant 90min shit all over the brazil "team", but somehow Brazil scored with like their only real shot, but Ecuador FINALLY scored in the last minute. Just watched whole game, great game.

Brasil look terrible lol.

And then tey bring on the midget Dunga-lovechild Josue to try to sort out their invisible mid, and he just makes things worse. Meanwhile Anderson didnt even make it to the bench.

R10 was poor, Pato should be playing, so should The Beast.

i think pato is possibly brazils best forward at the moment. and kaka when healthy, but hes not a true forward.

ronnie needs to run, plain and simple. for milan he doesnt try and dribble or take anyone on until like the last minute of the game. idk what his problem is. if your not getting the ball at your feet, go get the ball. check down. dont just stand on the wing.

i currently think, and have always thought, baptista is terrible. he is one of the most unbrazilian brazilians i have ever seen. his touch is that of a rapist, and he has poor vision and creativity. also does not score regularly enough to be a forward. does not posses the request skills to be a midfielder.

id like to see mancini there more, but hes way to inconsistent. can be phenomal some games, than just be non existant in others.

theres some talks about the real R9 being able to get back in the squad for 2010. would be interesting.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Kaka is injured, he didnt play.

Baptista is OK, def squad player.

Mancini? hm. I dont think he'll ever get a chance, if he was gonna get a real go, it wouldve happened a few years ago. He hasnt played for Inter even for ages. Well, hes better than Elano, who played today somewhere in midfield, i couldnt tell where though, he honestly only touched the ball 2 times.

Fabiano IMO isnt a TOP level striker, and never will be.

But not only is Dunga one of the most inept national managers in world football (he has somehow managed Brasil to 5 consecutive games without scoring, 3 of which were at home), he also has the worst choice of players.

Their defence is the most shocking part though.

Marcelo pretty much got beaten every single time tonight. Maicon went off injured, whos easily their best player in the back 4, and maybe their whole team in tonights line up, so that didnt help.

HANZO
03-29-2009, 08:41 PM
im surprised Dunga has not been sacked yet. Usually Brazil sack a manager if they dnt score 3 goals per game.

He does put out shit teams, but the biggest problem with managing Brazil is probably picking the squad. The amount of talent is obviously huge. I think Dunga picks players who will obey his every command and not the ones who would benefit the team more.

The Hound
03-29-2009, 09:02 PM
look at this sad bitter kraut pissing blood out his pussy because his club got ditched in favor of United.

PLayers have ambitions, no one who is worth more is gonna stay at a club like Bayern longer than they have to, get usd to it, kraut

LOL

Who is bitter?

20m for a player who has played about 5 minutes in two seasons.

We went and spent that money on Ribery.

Danke.

Tage
03-29-2009, 09:05 PM
england are shit.

im sorry they are just shit.

central midfield mainly is pathetically inept and incredibly un dynamic.

Lampard without his chelsea players around him is exposed. although he is a goal threat. But he isnt a CM in a 442. Especially alongside Barry.

Where the fuck is Carrick?

Barry isnt international level in many ways, mainly in agilty, speed, and influence. all things needed for a CM vitally.

Only worthwhile England players are Rooney, Gerrard, Walcott and Ferdinand.

Fucking Downing is the most embarrasing excuse for a player in a long time.

Downing came on, against fucking SLOVAKIA, while we were 2-0 up I might add i think, and did NOTHING apart from pass the ball BACKWARDS slowly, and jog around again very slowly.

Non of them work hard enough.

Fuck em.

I wouldnt even care if we didnt have the fucking MEDIA constantly talking shit abotu how good we are.

As for Beckham, SMH.

The love affair with this man is now long past a joke for me.

We have at least 4 players that are faaaaaaaaaaaaar superior RM's

Walcott
Lennon
SWP
J Cole (fuck LM)

Beckhams era HAS PASSED. Hes had like 3 WC's, his chance should be over. He was piss poor in every WC he's played in, non of his England teams have ever acheived anything past QF, why the fuck is he still getting a chance.

Even if he CAN do a job, even if he IS somehow valuable, I DONT CARE, you need to refresh things, regardles of whether he can still whip in a good cross. New blood needs to come in.

Old teams, with no pace, dont do well in international tournaments.

I FUCKING HATE INTERNATIONAL WEEKS

beckham was good for us against slovakia he crossed the ball back in from an uncrossable position and got the head of rooney, and a goal. (think it was rooney)

we didnt play that well... yet we won 4-0.

we fucking dominated croatia at the start of capello's reign.

you think we're shit? hmmmm ok. you have lost all integrity with that statement.

Tage
03-29-2009, 09:11 PM
just out of interest... ghostlaced, did you watch the england match live? carrick played second half.

HANZO
03-29-2009, 10:34 PM
England suffer from being overrated. really we shouldnt expect much from them, yes they are a team that should always qualify for the international tournaments. They are capable of reaching the quarter finals in these tournaments, thats it though. they aint an elite team, the media hypes England up too much.

Tage
03-29-2009, 10:53 PM
was unbelievable that 2 strikers got injured, then crouch felt left out so used skrytels kick as an excuse to go off lol

WE NEED OWEN!

whitey
03-29-2009, 10:55 PM
they have elite players though. they just dont play elite football as a unit.

English players shine in teams where they have Brazilians, Spaniards, Italians, eastern Europeans, other southern americaners, ect in a team that make up for deficeincies in their game. but when they are all toghether on the pitch they are all too similar in my opinion. their style as a whole is ineffictive on the world stage.

Tage
03-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Michael Owen - 89 caps 40 goals

yet, because he "isnt playing much for newcastle" hes not in the squad. even though we have a shortage of strikers.

...this is where England start losing, because of Fabio's stubbornness.

whitey
03-30-2009, 09:35 AM
how the fuck is owen not going to be playing at newcastle. they need all the god damn help they can get. the whole team is like 10 games away from playing in the championship.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 09:42 AM
England have zilch chance at the WC. Zero. As whitey said, they dont attack as a unit at all. But we do have a good defence, if its 100% fit and including all the first choices. But lampard and Barry CM partnership wont win a WC imo. They will get overrun by teams like Spain too easily.

The biggest problem imo for England in the last 10 years has been the total lack of pace. You need pace. You especially need pace if youre not a good passing team. You cant win WC in hot climates by long balls, its too tiring on the recoverry. You have to have ball possession. Id much prefer a pacey inaacurate player like Lennon at the WC than an accurate slow player like Beckham.

But if you have fast runners (which is something England as a nation is usually blessed with, but not used), you can make up for lack of possession by pushing the opposing team back all the time, running it out, getting throws, corner high up the pitch, and pinning back FB's.

Everyones forgot about Walcott as he's been out for 3 months, but hes easily Englands most important player, along with Rooney.

LOL

Who is bitter?

20m for a player who has played about 5 minutes in two seasons.

We went and spent that money on Ribery.

Danke.

Hm. He played in 23 EPL games last season, when we won the title, btw. He also played in the CL cup final, had a great game, and scored a penalty. He also played in 8 games in last seasons winning CL run.

Ribery? LOL

Guarded By Martyrs
03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Michael Owen - 89 caps 40 goals

yet, because he "isnt playing much for newcastle" hes not in the squad. even though we have a shortage of strikers.

...this is where England start losing, because of Fabio's stubbornness.

Exactly.

Not playing Owen is just stupid.

England have zilch chance at the WC. Zero. As whitey said, they dont attack as a unit at all. But we do have a good defence, if its 100% fit and including all the first choices. But lampard and Barry CM partnership wont win a WC imo. They will get overrun by teams like Spain too easily.

The biggest problem imo for England in the last 10 years has been the total lack of pace. You need pace. You especially need pace if youre not a good passing team. You cant win WC in hot climates by long balls, its too tiring on the recoverry. You have to have ball possession. Id much prefer a pacey inaacurate player like Lennon at the WC than an accurate slow player like Beckham.

Everyones forgot about Walcott as he's been out for 3 months, but hes easily Englands most important player, along with Rooney.

Untill Rooney spits his dummy out, he's a hot head.

Of course England have a chance to win it, providing their players gel together.

Walcott England most important player...seriously ?

Lampard should get dropped in my opinion, he's a shadow of what he is at Chelsea
Carrick brings much more to the side.

And Barry is dope, can play the holding role very well allowing Gerrard to roam forward.
Also being left footed brings some much needed balance.

As for Beckham, he's the pinnacle of a World Cup player.
The pace of the game will suit him, as it does in Italy.
You can't simply discard quality like Beckham's crosses/corners/free kicks.

I agree Lennon is a menace, and I'd definatly pick him ahead of Beckham
But with Wright-Phillips on the opposite wing, there's no diversity in the play
Both are very good dribblers but lack the quality of Beckham.

Out of the 2 I'd pick Lennon, and Young would solve this problem I think
As he brings both assests with his game.

Durag
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
fuckin Ireland were shit against Bulgaria. We got the first goal then just turned to shit after it. They deserved a draw out of it, Petrov was deadly.

Idk, Trapatoni is pissing me off, he has a very negative style of play and FUCKIN REFUSES to play andy reid who is better than a few players on that pitch and should be fuckin playing.

We badly miss Stephen Reid, the sooner hes back the better.

What was even more interesting was Northern Ireland bet Poland 3-2!

Idk if people know, but theres been a rise in parlamilitary attacks in N.I, 3 police officers were murdered by the IRA, and people were fearing a return to the troubles, but then Polish fans who came over for the match apparantly had flags SUPPORTING IRISH DISSIDANT REPUBLICAN'S!. After the game several polish people who live in N.I and had nothing to do with that or the game, were attacked and their homes petrol bomed by loyalists.

These Polish pricks came over for the game and basically were trying to instigate the war in norther ireland again, wtf do they have to do with it? As if we need that shit, fuckin faggots.

Guarded By Martyrs
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
fuckin Ireland were shit against Bulgaria. We got the first goal then just turned to shit after it. They deserved a draw out of it, Petrov was deadly.

Idk, Trapatoni is pissing me off, he has a very negative style of play and FUCKIN REFUSES to play andy reid who is better than a few players on that pitch and should be fuckin playing.

Yeah Andy Reid has always been a great player.

Idk if people know, but theres been a rise in parlamilitary attacks in N.I, 3 police officers were murdered by the IRA, and people were fearing a return to the troubles, but then Polish fans who came over for the match apparantly had flags SUPPORTING IRISH DISSIDANT REPUBLICAN'S!. After the game several polish people who live in N.I and had nothing to do with that or the game, were attacked and their homes petrol bomed by loyalists.

These Polish pricks came over for the game and basically were trying to instigate the war in norther ireland again, wtf do they have to do with it? As if we need that shit, fuckin faggots.

Damn, Durag thats messed up...seriously messed up.
Hopefully it remains peaceful.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Walcott England most important player...seriously ?

Without Walcott, England are just the same team they were in the last World Cup. Basically useless. We were lucky agaisnt Trinidad, and Ecuador, that says alot.

Wasnt Walcotts last game a hat trick vs Croatia in a cricial QF game away? everyone has forgotten that already it seems, talking about RM all the time barely ever mentioning who the actual 1st choice is, Walcott. I dont know why.

Hes also looked very good in his comback game for Arsenal last week.

As for Beckham, he's the pinnacle of a World Cup player.
The pace of the game will suit him, as it does in Italy.

No, hell be jsut as useless as he was in the last 3 WC's, even more so. Hes only there because hes a top professional.

You can't simply discard quality like Beckham's crosses/corners/free kicks.

Yes, I can. A top team shouldnt rely on these things, Lampard and Gerrard are just as good, if not better Set piece takers anyway.

Out of the 2 I'd pick Lennon, and Young would solve this problem I think
As he brings both assests with his game.

The obvious solution is to play Young as a striker, liked he used to play before he went to Villa. hes a good striker, and alot better than the other options we have.

Capello though doesnt like Young, even though hes full of pace and skill, somethign we desperately lack..

Guarded By Martyrs
03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Without Walcott, England are just the same team they were in the last World Cup. Basically useless. We were lucky agaisnt Trinidad, and Ecuador, that says alot.

Wasnt Walcotts last game a hat trick vs Croatia in a cricial QF game away? everyone has forgotten that already it seems, talking about RM all the time barely ever mentioning who the actual 1st choice is, Walcott. I dont know why.

Thats was a while back though, against Ecuador...
The team and players have come a hell of a long way since then.

Walcott will scare defenders there's no doubt about it.
I don't agree he's Englands most important player though.
And I haven't forgot about what he did to Croatia.

Yeah he did look decent for Arsenal.

No, hell be jsut as useless as he was in the last 3 WC's, even more so. Hes only there because hes a top professional.

I highly doubt this because if this were the case
Then Owen would be in the squad without a second thought.

Yes, I can. A top team shouldnt rely on these things, Lampard and Gerrard are just as good, if not better Set piece takers anyway.

Really ?
I'm a Liverpool fan.
And while I think Gerrard is possibly the greatest midfileder player in the world
I think Beckham's technique is too deep, I mean...
He looks like a superhero when he stands over the ball with his hand on his hip.
And look at the last game, if it wasn't for Terry being an idiot
Well, Beckham would have had 2 assists.
I'm not saying rely on that as a standard every game tactic, but it's handy to have that with 15 minutes to go in the World Cup, is it not ?

Don't get me started on Lampard.

The obvious solution is to play Young as a striker, liked he used to play before he went to Villa. hes a good striker, and alot better than the other options we have.

Capello though doesnt like Young, even though hes full of pace and skill, somethign we desperately lack..

Well, in Lennon, Wright-Phillips and Young we have a decent amount
As you say he seems to be out of favour with Young.

I don't agree with putting him up front though
He was picked for the squad because he can deliver quality balls and has pace.
If you wanna go that route I'd rather have Gerrard up front
But again thats not why he's in the side.

whitey
03-30-2009, 01:01 PM

i must disagree.

it seems at least every other game becks plays for england he puts in a ball that someone scores off of. lampard is no where near that type of record. and hes is not of the same quality on delieverence or shooting frees. shooting within the game, no doubt, but he also needs a large number of shots to get 1.

steve g is a menace on shooting free kicks, absolute beast. but lacks precise delivery for assists that becks can provide on corners, odd angled free kicks, and deeper free kicks.

Guarded By Martyrs
03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Exactly whitey

whitey
03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
not saying he should automatically play because he can do those things, you need to weight them with a number of other factors, and also see where he would fit in a team compared to other fit players. but what he does well is really indispensable and at least merits a spot on the bench.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Lampards set pieces are underrated.

For Chelsea, his free kicks into the box are deadly. Its the new style pioneered by Nedved, and then Ronaldo, when you hit it alot harder than a Beckham style free kick. Gerrards set pieces for Liverpool are also very dangerous, not as good as Aurelios though.

Im not trying to even get into a debate about whos set pieces are better, everyone already knows how good Beckhams are, IM SAYING that we already have Gerrard and Lampard who are perfectly suitable, so putting Beckham in purely for that reason is pathetic and dumb.

whitey
03-30-2009, 01:20 PM
i see what your saying.

chiba
03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
wow brazil choked vs equador

1-1

equador was owning their asses
cesar saved brazil on several occasions
a tie was bound to happen

the only ones playin on that field was robinho, dani alves, elano,& baptista

brazils defense was getting torn apart

argentina seem to be playin well mith the hand of dios callin the shots
messi ,aguero and tevez went off on venezuela

brazil sit in 4th now

if brazil lose vs peru....GET SCOLARI!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
^weve already been discussing that, go back 2 pages

Tage
03-30-2009, 02:17 PM
im tempted to start posting pics of Rafa, since im out of the loop and you guys post too much for me to be bothered to go back and read. *imaginary pic of Rafa winking*

Tage
03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
anyhow.... what about the new England shirt...

http://www.kitbag.com/product_images/maxzoom/prd_maxzoom_kb-54479.jpg

...seriously, wtf?... its basically my old PE kit with a badge stuck on from a cereal box.

whitey
03-30-2009, 03:31 PM
i like it.

maybe they are trying wear a throw back hoping for 66 to repeat itself.

Tage
03-30-2009, 03:36 PM
^or maybe they're just cutting costs because of the economy? they had to be approved of only having one number (on the back) of the kit or something.

whitey
03-30-2009, 03:52 PM
hah come on tage. cutting back by saving the cost of putting something else on the front? by the english FA of all associations?

the economies are not THAT bad.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 04:08 PM
The new kit has been tailored to each England player individually in a highly sophisticated way never before seen.

The all-white strip has been billed as the "most sophisticated football kit ever" and promises to mould bespoke tailoring with innovative design to create what Umbro have called "an articulated second-skin armour."

However, with unemployment soaring and many football clubs freezing prices, fans groups yesterday reacted with shock at the new shirt's 50 tag - which represents a 25 per cent price hike.

"It's certainly expensive, and I think a lot of England fans who are already feeling the pinch won't won't rush out to buy the shirt," said England Fans spokesman Mark Perryman.

"In these times it would have been a nice gesture to say that this will be the home shirt for the next four years, rather than just two, because there will also be another away kit coming out before the World Cup."

The Football Association have confirmed that pricing policy is set by Umbro, whose senior designer David Blanch said: "The RRP reflects the level of research, craftsmanship, sports tailoring and style innovation that has gone into the kit design."

Blanch also insisted the design would help England's chances against Slovakia.

"Fabio Capello was an inspiration in the design process, and he understands the psychological lift that this kind of bespoke tailored kit can give the players. It's the difference between putting on a suit and putting on a sweatshirt. It gives them a sense of pride and confidence that is tangible."

England's new home shirt: 50
England away shirt: 39.99
Manchester United home shirt: 39.99
Scotland home shirt: 40
Stoke City home shirt: 35

Tage
03-30-2009, 04:12 PM
^wow... nice info. didn't know each shirt was bespoke.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
i wasnt actually a big fan of it when i saw it on TV though

whitey
03-30-2009, 04:30 PM
The new kit has been tailored to each England player individually in a highly sophisticated way never before seen.

leave it to an italian to bring some knowledge about clothing to the brits.

The Hound
03-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Hm. He played in 23 EPL games last season, when we won the title, btw. He also played in the CL cup final, had a great game, and scored a penalty. He also played in 8 games in last seasons winning CL run.

Ribery? LOL

Sarcasm isn't your strongest point, is it?

HANZO
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
that England kit is shit. England should have a kit like Inter's old one with the cross on it. well something like that, it needs to be more colourful.

the new addidas international kits are nice especially Spain's.

Nike are gay cause they keep changing the Turkey kit, we got rid of the Turquoise away kit which i thought was pretty nice.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 06:36 PM
England wont have a good kit until they get rid of fucking UMBRO LOL!!

wtf are they doing with Umbro anyway, so wack

HANZO
03-30-2009, 06:41 PM
lol tru Umbro died a long time ago.

proves England still stuck in 1966. they cant let that shit go.

Tage
03-30-2009, 06:46 PM
England wont have a good kit until they get rid of fucking UMBRO LOL!!

wtf are they doing with Umbro anyway, so wack

lol good point... im actually wearing umbro tracksuit bottoms now.... but i DONT wear them out the house LOL... i dont wear any form of tracksuit outside the house, in a social environment i mean.

The Hound
03-30-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't think England kits have been bad over the years. Their current one would look better with blue shorts.

Germany, on the other hand, have a bad kit, IMO.

I like how a lot of National teams are reverting back to the simplistic designs, especially Nike rectifying that awful, random block of shit over the players names from a few years ago. That was horrendous. But from 2006 they have fixed it.

Adidas still make the best kits though.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 09:56 PM
USA '94 had the best kits.

apart from Mexico's kit in '98:

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/images/product/large/MexicoHSSNo.9.1998c.gif

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41682000/jpg/_41682588_kitmexico98jesusramirez220.jpg

HANZO
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Shearer to manage Newcastle until the end of the season. interesting to see how Shearer is gonna be as a manager.

The Hound
03-31-2009, 10:12 PM
USA '94 had the best kits.

apart from Mexico's kit in '98:

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/images/product/large/MexicoHSSNo.9.1998c.gif

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41682000/jpg/_41682588_kitmexico98jesusramirez220.jpg

USA 94 and France 98 were epic in terms of kit quality, especially Goalkeepers kits.

Jorge Campos' custom kits > any football kit anybody can think of

whitey
04-01-2009, 01:07 AM
i think newcastle ownership pulled out all the stops. newcastle although they have the talent to be no where near the bottom of the epl they are. basically they saw the need to bring in someone to scare the living shit out of those players and make them bust ass to make sure they were not playing in the championship next year. i think shearer was talked to about it and told bascially look, we need someone to light a firer in the asshole of these players. you are the man to do it. i think he thought about it, and newcaslte is clearly a club he loves, and that is why he decided to do it. weither he contines on after this year is anyones guess. but he is specifically there to ensure newcastle aviods the drop.

whitey
04-01-2009, 01:12 AM
USA 94 and France 98 were epic in terms of kit quality, especially Goalkeepers kits.

Jorge Campos' custom kits > any football kit anybody can think of

campos jersey was dumb as fuck for a goalie.

would you want a fucking florescent green kit that nasa could fucking see from space or a gray or shit green that blends in with the crowd? think about it, a striker at times doesn't even get more than a half of a second to look at the goal before he shoots. all he gets is the corner of his eye for that split second, what do you think is easier for a striker to quickly identifiy and there for place his shot correctly?

yea it may look cool as fuck, but kits like that are a serious detriment to himself and his team.

Tage
04-01-2009, 05:18 AM
is it an April fools or has Shearer actually been given the managerial role of Newcastle?

this is going to end bad. bad move, for all involved.

whitey
04-01-2009, 08:02 AM
^i think if that was an april fools joke it would be pretty gay. thats not something you really joke about. although the timing of it being on april fools may turn out to be ironic, depending on how he does.

Tage
04-01-2009, 12:15 PM
lol @ those 2 scottish players left out of the starting 11 for drinking through the night until the next afternoon.. and one of them shaving their hair off.

if scotland dont qualify, they have an excuse. the manager will be deeply HATED for leaving them out of the squad if they lose.

HANZO
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
fuckin sik of this Turkish team. Nihat wat da fuck is that guy on. no one fell off harder. we were winning the game it was all going well, Nihat gets 2 one on one positions and i dnt even kno what the fuck he was thinking. then Spain get a penalty and score in the 93rd, after we send the entire team on an endless chase to get another goal when there is no need to risk the points.

fuckin stupid football now we 4 points behind Bosnia we going out. i aint even gonna watch the world cup.

whitey
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
^thats a lie.

fucking hate robbie kean.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-01-2009, 05:04 PM

would you want a fucking florescent green kit that nasa could fucking see from space or a gray or shit green that blends in with the crowd? think about it, a striker at times doesn't even get more than a half of a second to look at the goal before he shoots. all he gets is the corner of his eye for that split second, what do you think is easier for a striker to quickly identifiy and there for place his shot correctly?

yea it may look cool as fuck, but kits like that are a serious detriment to himself and his team.

No,

Petr Cechs kit for Chelsea at the moment was designed to be the most visible color on the field because scientists experimenting said it makes the player subconsciously shoot at the keeper

Drunken Monk
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
spain 31 matches wining !
THE BEST WORLD TEAM

The Hound
04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Wow, for a whiney little bitch made fag, Podolski sure has balls for slapping Ballack ON THE PITCH.

Ballack, again, shows Chel$ki what he can do when he isn't playing for the moeny lol. I'd be cut If I were a Chel$ki fan and watching him tear shit up for Nationalmannschaft and getting paid good money to rub his balls.

LOL @ Lampard being upset young players don't clean his boots.

lol no offence, but that has to be the worst "logic" I've ever come across.

whitey
04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
No,

Petr Cechs kit for Chelsea at the moment was designed to be the most visible color on the field because scientists experimenting said it makes the player subconsciously shoot at the keeper

Wow, for a whiney little bitch made fag, Podolski sure has balls for slapping Ballack ON THE PITCH.

Ballack, again, shows Chel$ki what he can do when he isn't playing for the moeny lol. I'd be cut If I were a Chel$ki fan and watching him tear shit up for Nationalmannschaft and getting paid good money to rub his balls.

LOL @ Lampard being upset young players don't clean his boots.

lol no offence, but that has to be the worst "logic" I've ever come across.

im sticking with my assertion. i didnt just think that up on the spot.

what the heeaalll happened to Argentina tonight? critical beat down by the Bolivians.

The Hound
04-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Haha Argies got rushed.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I just watched a half of soccer. The US is beating Trinidad. This is the most I've ever watched aside from the times I watched the Azzuri kick the shit out of the rest of the world.

The Hound
04-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Nobody cares.

HANZO
04-01-2009, 10:30 PM
the thought of Bosnia beating Turkey for 2nd place in the group is really killing me inside.

The Hound
04-01-2009, 10:32 PM
JKupLXly_Hc

I hate this whiney bitch so much. I hope Ballack punched the little flachwischer in the dressing room.

_pNOP-5Zml8

Time to make a gif out of that.

whitey
04-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I just watched a half of soccer. The US is beating Trinidad. This is the most I've ever watched aside from the times I watched the Azzuri kick the shit out of the rest of the world.

thats cool you gave it a try.

but if you want to enjoy it i suggest european or south american games.

you rarley if ever see something like that second video tone just posted coming from the american team.

that is a disgusting shot.

whitey
04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
i must disagree.

it seems at least every other game becks plays for england he puts in a ball that someone scores off of. lampard is no where near that type of record. and hes is not of the same quality on delieverence or shooting frees. shooting within the game, no doubt, but he also needs a large number of shots to get 1.

steve g is a menace on shooting free kicks, absolute beast. but lacks precise delivery for assists that becks can provide on corners, odd angled free kicks, and deeper free kicks.

ya heard.

The Hound
04-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Almost as good as his Euro 2004 shot. Almost.

HANZO
04-01-2009, 10:49 PM
lmao Podolski first of all you dnt slap your captain, and well if you are give him a propa slap or jus punch him.

Podolski should be lynched for such behaviour.

The Hound
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
I like the way Mertersacker rushed him immediately. The only one standing for Podolski was Lahm, probably only because of the Bayern thing.

Kuranyi will never play for Germany while Lw is manager because he left at half time, hopefully Podolski never plays either.

Tage
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
England played SHIT! Rooney was the best man on the field, but yet again... Terry got MOTM.

oh well, 5 wins out of 5 isnt bad... lol @ Crouch's goal

chiba
04-02-2009, 05:15 PM
what the heeaalll happened to Argentina tonight? critical beat down by the Bolivians.

where you think maradonna gets his stash from?? ;$

whitey
04-02-2009, 05:52 PM
hah Diego has a deal with the Bolivian national team. he assembles a team that can get there ass beat in exchange for a kilo of blow. it all makes sense.

Tage
04-02-2009, 06:57 PM
^ Mascherano likes his blow...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00445/Javier_Mascherano_445005a.jpg

Tage
04-04-2009, 02:29 PM
not quite sure why Rafa put Lucas on and didnt play Benayoun... but oh well, a goal in the 93rd minute emulates Man Utds flukes....

COME ON YOSSI!

the officials of this match should all be fired. 7 OBVIOUS mistakes. why do they get paid?... their first mistake was around 30 seconds... wtf?

whitey
04-04-2009, 02:31 PM
they always said the savior would be a jew.

Tage
04-04-2009, 02:35 PM
just cus hes from Israel doesnt make him a jew

whitey
04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
it doesnt mean you are. but the chances are highly increased. regardless..

http://www.jewoftheday.com/categories/sports/Benayoun%20Yossi.htm

whitey
04-04-2009, 02:43 PM
ive always liked yossi as a player. very creative. underrated in my opinion.

Kingkazim
04-04-2009, 03:01 PM
hes like a jewish version of luis garcia.
and hes on form! Imo hes been one of liverpools biggest players this season, this isnt the first time hes popped up wid a winner

whitey
04-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Manchester United (http://www.goal.com/en/teams/england/97/man-utd-news) are reportedly planning to sign Bayern Munich (http://www.goal.com/en/teams/germany/148/bayern-munich) star Franck Ribery (http://www.goal.com/en/people/france/6241/franck-rib%C3%A9ry) this summer, according to a report in the News of the World.

(to replace ronaldo when he goes to real)

Guarded By Martyrs
04-05-2009, 11:18 AM
ive always liked yossi as a player. very creative. underrated in my opinion.

I agree, he has great technique and has always scored a lot of goals wherever he's been.

Tage
04-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Man Utd 3 - 2 Aston Villa

IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS... WHAT THE FUCK! this shit is fixed. fuck man united. fuck alex ferguson.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-05-2009, 01:12 PM
GETTTTTTTT THEHHHHH FUCKCCKCKCKCKCKK INNNNN!!!!

i came home early just to watch,

thNK FUCK THAT I DID,

MAAACHEEDDDDDAAA!!!!!!!!

neville was fucking an embarrasment today lol

whitey
04-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Ronaldo: 7.5 – Two brilliant strikes but loses marks for another petulant display. Took the slightest contact to knock him off the ball and allowed Petrov to rob him whilst he simply stood and watched as Villa roared up the other end and scored.

true?

(they didnt show it here.)

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
EVERYONE is desperate to have a go at Ronaldo at every possible chance.

Ive never seen a player constantly critisized this season like he has been. They have no idea about football.

Hes the fucking EPL leading scorer for god sake, and he was out injured until October.

he's had a great season.

He had a great game, 2 amazing goals, ENOUGH SAID. no hating needed.

chiba
04-05-2009, 11:40 PM
^true

Guarded By Martyrs
04-05-2009, 11:52 PM
EVERYONE is desperate to have a go at Ronaldo at every possible chance.

Ive never seen a player constantly critisized this season like he has been. They have no idea about football.

Hes the fucking EPL leading scorer for god sake, and he was out injured until October.

he's had a great season.

He had a great game, 2 amazing goals, ENOUGH SAID. no hating needed.

He is also a cocky little bitch who cries when he doesn't get a decision go his way
And is a really sore loser...and the goals were hardly "amazing"
The 2nd was decent the first was simple.
I'm not desperate to have a go at him, yeah he has talent...
But at the end of the day he's just a dickhead.
I've never liked him even before "The Wink"

whitey
04-06-2009, 12:00 AM
pato is fucking killing it. didnt score today, but god damn, that boy is just scortching the earth with his runs. give him 5 years. golden ball on his mantel.

the first one, senderos actually earned his game check for the first time all year. good timing too, the 90th. (they might have actually given that goal to ronnie, he headed it into his head basically)

nice to see ronnie have a superb pass to sheva , to put in a nice move and cross to pippo for our second goal. (92nd)

left it late but got it done.

hit up 4:42 for that ronnie pass before they take it down.

xOO0vBXz_2c

Tage
04-06-2009, 05:15 AM

joint 1st... get it right, Anelka has 15 aswell.

Gerrard's on 13... Crouch isnt far behind lol!

Kingkazim
04-06-2009, 06:10 AM
gerrard > ronaldo

based on this seasons performances

Tage
04-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Crouch > Ronaldo

96eSrFlUVh0

based on humorous physique

Durag
04-06-2009, 07:04 AM

IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS... WHAT THE FUCK! this shit is fixed. fuck man united. fuck alex ferguson.

Your fuckin telling me. I rarely get completly pissed off at a final score when my team looses as much as i did yesterday. I fuckin HATE united, and we played so fuckin well all game, we were unlucky not to get a point.

FUCK man united.

HANZO
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Klinsmann sucks as a manager. how is it possible for Bayern to lose 5-1 to Wolfsburg. that goal scored by Grafite was a piss take.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQyPhR_UBuA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQyPhR_UBuA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Hound
04-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Argh, that commentary is too annoying.

Yeah, Klinsmann is fucking rubbish.

I've opposed this fucking queer from day one.

Hopefully they sack him when they fail to win the league.

Meanwhile, Jogi Lw cruised to an easy victory for Nationalmannschaft, showing who really did what in 2006.

Problem is, who the fuck is available to take over from Klinsmann?

I mean, shit, Klinsmann loaned off Toni Kroos, who is the best prospect at the club, and then we get hit with a gigantic cunt full injury list and have nobody as back up. Good move, dickhead, when we already have two players on long term loans.

HANZO
04-06-2009, 12:44 PM
the commentator is a faggot he got a boner before the ball went into the net.

there might be the chance that when Klinsmann's sacked Bayern might go and get a foreign coach.

Kingkazim
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
wow what a goal by grafite

The Hound
04-06-2009, 12:48 PM
We need the General back, no doubt about it. IDK about a foreign coach, who is there that's willing to come? Not many. Haha, maybe the special one?

Wow, getting bad memories of Magath, and that douche actually won trophies.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-06-2009, 02:20 PM
He is also a cocky little bitch who cries when he doesn't get a decision go his way
And is a really sore loser...and the goals were hardly "amazing"
The 2nd was decent the first was simple.
I'm not desperate to have a go at him, yeah he has talent...
But at the end of the day he's just a dickhead.
I've never liked him even before "The Wink"

oh shaddup ffs, your just jealous. you sound like a lil bitch right now.

everyone who knows ronaldo all say the same thing, hes a really nice bloke, always down to earth and good to be around, he doesnt have a diva personality at all.

his commitment on the pitch CANNOT be questioned.

you can cherry pick things about EVERY player in a match that they did wrong, the focus put on his every single fucking possessin is a joke. its pure and simple bitterness.

the fact you like a sheep bought up that "wink" thing shows your level of understanding. and also shows how much of a media sheep you are. the man simply winked at his coach, and it was edited and reported like he was being shifty because rooney got sent off. LOL as if.

Your fucking brainless if you seriously believe that wink was about Rooney.

Whats even funnier is that the english press expected Ronaldo PLAYING FOR PORTUGAL should not of protested a dangerous tackle from an England player because it was Rooney. Idiots.

Clowns.

Tage
04-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Ronaldo is a knob, everyone knows that... he goes down like a bitch. where is that gif when you need it (him going down like a pleb when lampard didnt even touch him).

Guarded By Martyrs
04-06-2009, 03:11 PM
oh shaddup ffs, your just jealous. you sound like a lil bitch right now.

Firstly if your gonna try and insult me please type what your saying
I'm not an e-thug like you so I don't quite understand what "ffs" means ?
Jealous of Man Utd...hahahahaha

everyone who knows ronaldo all say the same thing, hes a really nice bloke,
always down to earth and good to be around, he doesnt have a diva personality at all.
his commitment on the pitch CANNOT be questioned.

Thats fine, he might be a real nice bloke off the pitch
But on it he's clearly up his own ass, everytime he gets tackled he thinks it's a foul
And as for his commitment on the pittch, quit fooling yourself
You do realize that it was he who got tackled in his own half and from that Villa scored ?
Commitment can't be questioned...please.

you can cherry pick things about EVERY player in a match that they did wrong, the focus put on his every single fucking possessin is a joke. its pure and simple bitterness.

Just happens that Ronaldo doesn't track back, and thats not "cherry picking"
Thats just being observant. Look at Rooney, Carragher, Gerrard, Kuyt that is commitment
Not holding your arms up at the ref looking like a kid with no presents at Christmas.
Bitterness ? I honestly have no clue what your talking about.

the fact you like a sheep bought up that "wink" thing shows your level of understanding. and also shows how much of a media sheep you are. the man simply winked at his coach, and it was edited and reported like he was being shifty because rooney got sent off. LOL as if.

Your fucking brainless if you seriously believe that wink was about Rooney.

Whats even funnier is that the english press expected Ronaldo PLAYING FOR PORTUGAL should not of protested a dangerous tackle from an England player because it was Rooney. Idiots.

Clowns.

Do you even understand the term "sheep" ?
Because I don't follow anyone.
And please tell me where I mentioned the wink having anything to do with Rooney ?
Your clutching at straws. Fact is Ronaldo is a cheat everyone knows this,
And that wink to me at least proved it.
I watched the game, I don't read newspapers or watch the pundits that much
My opinion of him is not swayed by the media
He does enough to show me what he is all about by him self.
Accept it he's a slippery little cheat, winking at the coach...
Why do you think he done that GHOSTLACED ? huh

Tage
04-06-2009, 03:27 PM
ffs means "for fucks sake"... im no e-thug lol... you really didnt know that?

Guarded By Martyrs
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Nope, I'd just type for fucks sake.

Tage
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Thats just being observant. Look at Rooney, Carragher, Gerrard, Kuyt that is commitment
Not holding your arms up at the ref looking like a kid with no presents at Christmas.

good point, but the choice of players was slightly biased. to add to those 4... um... not sure i can actually. ill come back to it.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Ronaldo is a knob, everyone knows that... he goes down like a bitch. where is that gif when you need it (him going down like a pleb when lampard didnt even touch him).

you could make a gif of ANY prem footballer diving at some point in their career.

If you get KICKED as much as ronaldo does per game, YOU would start to dive out the way too.

Jealous of Man Utd...hahahahaha
I meant of ronaldo, but this works too.

Thats fine, he might be a real nice bloke off the pitch
But on it he's clearly up his own ass, everytime he gets tackled he thinks it's a foul

because it normally is, i dont if you noticed, but he gets fouled, ALOT, and so many times the ref's dont call it. You would be angry too.

And as for his commitment on the pittch, quit fooling yourself
You do realize that it was he who got tackled in his own half and from that Villa scored ?
Commitment can't be questioned...please.

Your a joke to yourself. Take a long hard look at youself, please. This is an Alex Ferguson team, he wouldnt be playing RM if he didnt track back.

I watch every united game he has played so far in his 5 years or however long it has been so far, and he has ALWAYS tracked back. Its a United rule.

One thing you seem to not understand is, you cant be a great team who wins trebles etc if you dont have 11 player who ALL work incredibly hard. Thats normally a major difference between lesser teams, their players dont work as hard.

stop telling lies, and being so ignorant. If you really think that based off that one tackle yeserday where he was fouled, and had no chance whatsoever of tracking back anyway, the ball was already 30 metres away by the time he looked up.

Your a media SHEEP.

Thats just being observant. Look at Rooney, Carragher, Gerrard, Kuyt that is commitment.

Your actually hugely un observant football fan from what ive read off you. LOL @ you really thinking that.

NO ONE IS SAYING HE'S TRACKS BACK LIKE A JI SUNG PARK DOES, BUT I DONT KNOW IF YOU NOTICED, BUT RONALDO'S JOB IN THE TEAM IS TO RUN WITH THE BALL, AT HIGH SPEED, AND SCORE GOALS, UNLESS YOU THINK HE POSSESS SOME SORT OF SUPERHUMAN FEATS OF STAMINA, THERE IS NO WAY HE IS GONNA BE TRACKING BACK LIKE A JI SUNG PARK.

This isnt a computer game. This is real. I would bet Ronaldo gets thru more miles in a game than most other players.

oh get over it you bitter loser, live your own life, who cares if he throws his arms up? he's latino, thats what they do.

And anyway, all players complain like that, Gerrard and Terry are the worse for accpeting decisions, and theyre english, so idk wtf your talking about

Do you even understand the term "sheep" ?
Because I don't follow anyone.
And please tell me where I mentioned the wink having anything to do with Rooney ?
Your clutching at straws. Fact is Ronaldo is a cheat everyone knows this,

Whats your views on Gerrards constant diving then? he dives WAY more than Ronaldo. they all do.

Tage
04-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Gerrard doesnt dive more than Ronaldo lol

and Torres gets alot of digs aswell... he doesnt dive ALL the time... he scores and stands infront of the opposing fans kissing the Liverpool badge with a *wink* to the manager.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_01/Torres2DM0209_468x313.jpg

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
i like torres alot no homo. him and Eto'o in the same team is the most frightening thought for a United fan.

I also think Gerrard is by FAR the best midfielder in world football right now.

He is somehow underrated, by English, but Europe knows how good he is.

Its almost as if Englishh people dont like those who are just too good, or the best. Look at Hamilton.

Tage
04-06-2009, 03:44 PM
best Torres match was against Everton, early this season(or last)

he got shit from the everton fans and you could see how pissed off he was... then, he scored a fucking fantastic goal... and then stood infront of the fans... taking ALL the abuse, smiling... it went slo-mo and you could see the veins buldging from the evertonians foreheads lol

^i was buzzing my face off! imagine how he felt!

Guarded By Martyrs
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
I meant of ronaldo, but this works too.
Honestly I can tell you I wouldn't want Ronaldo playing for my team.

because it normally is, i dont if you noticed, but he gets fouled, ALOT, and so many times the ref's dont call it. You would be angry too.
As Tage said Torres gets fouled bare times
So did Zola & Juninho but they diddn't "milk it" like he does.

Your a joke to yourself. Take a long hard look at youself, please. This is an Alex Ferguson team, he wouldnt be playing RM if he didnt track back.

I don't know why your calling me a joke to myslef
Especially when it's clear as day that you are dilusional I've rarely seen Ronaldo track back
And I'd say I've seen a fair few games.
On one hand you claim he does his job up one end of the pitch
And then claim he does track back ? make your mind up which it is.

I watch every united game he has played so far in his 5 years or however long it has been so far, and he has ALWAYS tracked back. Its a United rule.

Wellwe are watching a different player then, and I'm a joke to myslef...ok

One thing you seem to not understand is, you cant be a great team who wins trebles etc if you dont have 11 player who ALL work incredibly hard. Thats normally a major difference between lesser teams, their players dont work as hard.

Were talking about Ronaldo, not the team of Man Utd

stop telling lies, and being so ignorant. If you really think that based off that one tackle yeserday where he was fouled, and had no chance whatsoever of tracking back anyway, the ball was already 30 metres away by the time he looked up.

It's not based off one tackle, and surprise suprsie it was a foul...
Poor Ronaldo, If that was Rooney you know that guy would have been tackled or fouled
And therefor they wouldn't have scored, come on, even Beckham has more of an appitite than Ronaldo once he loses the ball he IS getting that ball back.

Your a media SHEEP.

False

Your actually hugely un observant football fan from what ive read off you. LOL @ you really thinking that.

Thats not what he were debating, I am observant, yes.
But I'm not swayed by television or papers I make my own decisions
And formulate my own opinions.

Here comes the back tracking...

NO ONE IS SAYING HE'S TRACKS BACK LIKE A JI SUNG PARK DOES, BUT I DONT KNOW IF YOU NOTICED, BUT RONALDO'S JOB IN THE TEAM IS TO RUN WITH THE BALL, AT HIGH SPEED, AND SCORE GOALS, UNLESS YOU THINK HE POSSESS SOME SORT OF SUPERHUMAN FEATS OF STAMINA, THERE IS NO WAY HE IS GONNA BE TRACKING BACK LIKE A JI SUNG PARK.

Admit it, he just doesn't do it, compared to the players I mentioned
He is nowhere near that level of commitment or desire to retrive the ball
Especially when he is at fault for losing it.

This isnt a computer game. This is real. I would bet Ronaldo gets thru more miles in a game than most other players.
Indeed it is not a computer game, I'd bet that he doesn't
But as I said we seem to be watching differnt games.

oh get over it you bitter loser, live your own life, who cares if he throws his arms up? he's latino, thats what they do.

Hit a nerve ? why you running your mouth for ?
Are you not doing the same as me at this moment ?
Thats a big brush you have there as well by the way.

And anyway, all players complain like that, Gerrard and Terry are the worse for accpeting decisions, and theyre english, so idk wtf your talking about

Gerrard does but you will notice if he doesn't get the decision
He is up on his feet gritting his teeth, where as Ronaldo just cries

Whats your views on Gerrards constant diving then? he dives WAY more than Ronaldo. they all do.

No, he doesn't.
I belive Gerrard is unorthodox in his technique when runnng with the ball
And because of this it looks worse than it is for the majority.
But comparing him to the antics Ronaldo does is pathetic and plain desperate.

My mate is a Man Utd fan and even he says Ronaldo is the worst diver in the league.
(now that Robben has left)

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-06-2009, 04:26 PM
No, he doesn't.
I belive Gerrard is unorthodox in his technique when runnng with the ball
And because of this it looks worse than it is for the majority.

^^^hahaha oh jesus, i give up, your view is so biased and prejudice i cant argue anymore.

Wutang36
04-06-2009, 05:07 PM

Why you hate so much buddy ?

Wutang36
04-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo is chosen the best player in the world by professionals. And he deserves that too after what he did last year. His team has won the CL & EPL. And this season he is doing well, though he begun the season very late due to surgery. He is now the top scorer in the league and his team is top of the table, and are in every competition active.
And every big team in europe wants to have Ronaldo, even Liverpool do that, the only problem is they don't have such money to pay him.

whitey
04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
its messi's award this year. no doubt.

Wutang36
04-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Yeah, I agree with you buddy. He is unstoppable and he plays fantastic ball.
And I hope Bara wins the Spanish Liga this season.

HANZO
04-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Barca should win everything this season. they should even give them the UEFA cup.

Krimewave
04-07-2009, 09:52 AM
And every big team in europe wants to have Ronaldo, even Liverpool

true dat.

Krimewave
04-07-2009, 09:53 AM

word.

Tage
04-07-2009, 12:13 PM
And every big team in europe wants to have Ronaldo, even Liverpool

thats not true in the slightest, he wouldnt fit in with liverpool. so no, liverpool dont want him.

we want david villa.

whitey
04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
goal.com story about how luca toni was apprehensive about moving to germany at first. the best excerpt is...

However, Toni is now a key figure in the side and has scored plenty of goals under coach Jurgen Klinsmann, but The World Cup winner then revealed something he could simply not live without from the peninsula.

"In my luggage, I always take a piece of Parmigiano Reggiano [cheese]," confessed the former Palermo hitman.

HA luca, stays dego. keeps a brick of that white in his luggage.

whitey
04-07-2009, 02:49 PM
whooooooooooooooooooooo

HAHAAAAAA suck it manuers

whitey
04-07-2009, 03:02 PM
hahaaaaa what a fucking joker. nice pass.

whitey
04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
john oshea and johny evans are 2 of the biggest plugs i have ever seen. get out of that kit asap.

i am loving this result.

(porto have never lost to an english team at home)

whitey
04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
nice shit pass by c.ron and then his subsequent stop and no run back on that first porto goal.

he was straight invisible today. that dude sissoko was eating his shit for breakfast. he doesnt make any runs like he used to, atleast in the games ive been seeing of man u. (in all honestly, it hasnt been a ton, but still) to be honest, i think hes already in madrid.

The Hound
04-07-2009, 11:04 PM
goal.com story about how luca toni was apprehensive about moving to germany at first. the best excerpt is...

However, Toni is now a key figure in the side and has scored plenty of goals under coach Jurgen Klinsmann, but The World Cup winner then revealed something he could simply not live without from the peninsula.

"In my luggage, I always take a piece of Parmigiano Reggiano [cheese]," confessed the former Palermo hitman.

HA luca, stays dego. keeps a brick of that white in his luggage.

He's going to run around Mnchen naked if they win the champions league.

Good win by United. :cheerlie:

Prince Rai
04-08-2009, 06:17 AM
anybody see adebayors goal yesterday? for the lazy play he played yday imo, that was superb!!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-08-2009, 07:21 AM
every team that defeated Inter in the CL in the last 5, 6 years got a big curse on themselfes til' the end of next season, so you'll see, ManU aren't winning nothing this year

Durag
04-08-2009, 08:23 AM
haha Porto 2 - 2 Man U, fuckin sicked on united, they'll have a hard job beating Porto at home.

Drunken Monk
04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
propz to senna and villareal!

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Porto were too athleticly strong for us last night. We really couldnt match them physically i felt. Fernando was a BEAST. Dominated MF.

we also lost simple focus for some reason, Evans for the first goal, and O shea and Neville for the 2nd. We miss Rio big time.

We also have no midfielders able to pressure players now. Scholes im afriad is just too old for this level of football now, not technically, but physically. There are simply too many strong players out there for him to be impactful.

We miss Hargreaves in these games. He closes gaps between mid and def.

We actually scored 2 great goals though. The fact we didnt know how to close out 2 minutes of a game at home is just embarrasing. Unforgivable. We went looking for another goal after the 2nd, which was a mistake, even if it was tempting, we were lucky to be at 2-1. We shouldve just totally shut down the game in every way possible

Durag
04-08-2009, 09:23 AM
^your from Bermingham, why do you support united?

Prince Rai
04-08-2009, 10:42 AM
propz to senna and villareal!

propz definitely, they played more convincingly imo, but they are on the back foot and they are coming to the emirates.

Tage
04-08-2009, 12:31 PM
haha Porto 2 - 2 Man U, fuckin sicked on united, they'll have a hard job beating Porto at home.

another lucky win by united. a mistake from Porto's defense let man united scrape by a draw. if it wasnt for ronney, man united would be shit.

i just managed to blag some beer money for tonight... along with some weed. so ima have a nice easy night of watching liverpool beat chelsea for the third time this season. heard that Lucas is going to be playing the holding role along side xabi tonight, which is a cunt...

also seen Rafa's little dig at Fergie, sayign that United are scared of Liverpool. Rafa should be primeminister.

chiba
04-08-2009, 05:00 PM
barca ate bayern alive, kicking and screaming

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
i KNEW exactly that bayern would get torn a new ass. i could see it coming.

Liverpools' corner defending is embarrasing. You can tell the players hate zonal but there nothing they can say because its Rafa's choice.

Zonal defending lost them the game today.

Torres was all over that Chelsea defence 1st half. They were scared.

But 2nd leg Mascherano will be back, and Terry will be suspended. So theres hope.

I really think all you have to do to stop Chelsea is man mark Drogba. Thats it. Without him they are no threat. Kalou can be tricky, but Drogba is basically their entire team goal threat.

whitey
04-08-2009, 05:35 PM
gerrard just got beat to that second header. nothing about the zonal there. i didnt see the first.

ballack PERFECT ball to kaloue to set up that pass into drogba for the third. beautiful. perfect weight and texture on the ball. let him run on to it and cross a nice ball right as it slowed one touch.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-08-2009, 06:31 PM
You have to mention though Bayern had Lahm, Lucio, Klose, Van Buyten ALL out injured tonight.

They played Breno CB, i think it was his debut lol.

Drunken Monk
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
fuck barcelona

The Hound
04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Breno has played before but he is still like 20 years old.

Klinsmann is just being shown up for being the shit manager he is.

Can't lie, the last couple of days has been embarrassing. I wish Tymoschuk had have been signed in January.

Interesting that one side is pretty much over and done with and the other is evenly balanced, only offering slight advantages.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-08-2009, 07:55 PM
i KNEW exactly that bayern would get torn a new ass. i could see it coming.

Liverpools' corner defending is embarrasing. You can tell the players hate zonal but there nothing they can say because its Rafa's choice.

Zonal defending lost them the game today.

But 2nd leg Mascherano will be back, and Terry will be suspended. So theres hope.

I really think all you have to do to stop Chelsea is man mark Drogba. Thats it. Without him they are no threat. Kalou can be tricky, but Drogba is basically their entire team goal threat.

Completly agree.

Drogba is a monster, he looked very dangerous every time they came at us.
I thought Chelsea played alright, but nothing extrordinary, which says a lot how we played
Especially in the 2nd half.

But Mascherano was seriously missed, Lucas just isn't in the same league as him
And with Terry gone, and Chelsea perhaps thinking it good be 99% of the job done
Anything is possible, or at least there is hope.

Personaly I'd always like to have the home leg 2nd
But it's a double egde sword, as it could help us if there is to be a comeback.

On a side note...

Andy Gray does my head in, I swear he is wanking under the desk when Chelsea score
He was rubbing it in, I don't understand how he gets away with it ?
Maybe it's just me ? but he clearly loves Chelsea and dislikes Liverpool...
Being an ex-Everton player I can appreciate that, but if we do manage to pull of a miracle
I'll be glad to shut him up just as much as Chelsea.
To me it was aparent that we was very happy that we lost.
Being a pundit/commentator you should be a like a judge
And certainly not root for either team in my opinion.
I was actually getting annoyed with his commentary...if the score was 3-1 to Liverpool
I belive he wouldn't have said the same things or with the same passion.
Anyone agree ? I've thought this for a while now...

HANZO
04-08-2009, 08:48 PM
double blow today

liverpool got owned. no excuses Chelski killed us and i swear to god i could defend better on corners.

the money i put on bayern to win it at the beginning of the tournament also down the drain, too many damn injuries. plus Barca are fuckin mesmirizing. i really hope Barca win it all, cause they fuckin deserve it cause they play soo positively.

could there be an arguement that this Barca team is possibly the best offensive team ever?? Henry, Eto'o and Messi seem to score every game.

The Hound
04-08-2009, 09:04 PM
lol, why did you put money on Bayern to win? What were they paying?

I donno, maybe Holland 74 would have something to say about the best attacking team. But, really, you just need a good defence to beat Barca.

A full strength united will beat them with no worries.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
A full strength united will beat them with no worries.

You think so ?

HANZO
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
they were at 18/1 which is pretty low for a squad like Bayern's.

The Hound
04-08-2009, 11:54 PM
You think so ?

Considering Barca's defence is shakey at best, then yeah, I think so. They have shown in the early stages that a defence on song will trouble them.

Factor in United's attack against Barca's dodgy defence, I would be putting money on United.

If we had have had Lahm fit then I don't think we lose 4-0. Maybe 2-0. Lell marking Messi is ridiculous.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-09-2009, 04:14 AM
I see what your saying but I feel that their defence is a shadow of what it was since
Losing to Fulham Liverpool, then conceeding 2 to Villa and another 2 against Porto
Considering before that they were a fortress.
If they scored 1 goal, that was that, game over
There was no way the opposition was getting any kind of result.

If they played them before all of those happenings then yeah
I'd agree and say their defence is stronger than Barcalona's attack, but now...
I'm not sure thats the case.
For example : when Porto scored in the dying stages
The looks on the United fans faces wasn't even angry, some were even smiling.
The commentator even said : "It's Like They're Used To It Now"
And that for a Man U side is unheard of.

I don't need to tell you
That Bayern were undefeated in the competion before Barca took them apart
And the game before, Wolfsburg had a field day, and look what happened, due to this
I think the same would happen to United.
I'd be surprised if Barca don't take the comeption.

Durag
04-09-2009, 04:51 AM
United are gonna find it hard to beat Porto away from home, their defence is poor, and especially their center midfield. Carrick and Fletcher are no great players by any measure.

The game last night was fuckin brilliant, end to end stuff. Chelsea were more than just Drogba, Lampard had a good game, so did Terry before he was booked, and Ballack.

Thats the third brilliant game ive seen in the last few days. Nothing like watching an exciting game of football with a few cans.

The Hound
04-09-2009, 04:58 AM
I see what your saying but I feel that their defence is a shadow of what it was since
Losing to Fulham Liverpool, then conceeding 2 to Villa and another 2 against Porto
Considering before that they were a fortress.
If they scored 1 goal, that was that, game over
There was no way the opposition was getting any kind of result.

But, that was still not united at their fully fit and in full cohesion, which is what i was getting at. Like I said, Barca v a fully fit United would get beaten on the simple fact that Vidic and Ferdinand would handle everything that came their way and United would be able to swoop onto an attack and take care of Barca's inept defence.

Let's not get it twisted, although Barca are a great attacking team their defence is ordinary at best.

IMO, right now, factoring in everybodies form, the only team who will beat Barca is Chelsea. Essien is easily the best defensive midfielder in the world, no question. That guy is fucking incredible and is so much to Chelsea, as has been proven since his return has coincided with Chelsea's resurrgence.

I don't need to tell you
That Bayern were undefeated in the competion before Barca took them apart
And the game before, Wolfsburg had a field day, and look what happened, due to this
I think the same would happen to United.
I'd be surprised if Barca don't take the comeption.
Well, I guess I do need to tell you that Bayern had Lahm, Lucio and Van Buyten out. Lahm is probably one of 10 players world wide who would do a good job defending Messi. Schweinie also played in a central midfield roll and Demichiellis hasn't played since before the international break.

Lucio and Lahm played injured agaisnt Wolfsburg, aswell.

Also, Bayern have paid for Klinsmann's attempt to win both domestic and continental titles, hence why there have been injuries as of late and why players are playing injured.

I still feel Barca wouldn't have won 4-0 had Lahm and Lucio played, even Van Buyten as back up is very capable. The biggest killer was the absence of Lahm.

As for Wolfsburg, Bayern weren't actually annilhated until the later half of the match and actually near 70% of possession. Injured players took its toll.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-09-2009, 08:10 AM
watching Lell I lell'd a lot.

I don't understand why doesn't Barca play both half's the same, at least in this stages. They could score like 2, 3 goals more and Messi, Eto'o and them wouldn't need to play in the second game. That's my way of seeing it.....cuz I still believe Bayern can come through.

whitey
04-09-2009, 10:48 AM
goal.com article about the beauty of the champs league being back...

Champions League: What Made This Competition So Great Again?

Everything we thought we knew, we don't - the Champions League is back to its enthralling and unpredictable best, and Goal.com's Sulmaan Ahmad has a few ideas why.

Apr 9, 2009 9:15:15 AM

http://i.media.goal.com/g/46674_news.jpg Photo Gallery (http://www.goal.com/en-us/MediaImagesGallery.aspx?Id=46674)
Zoom (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/article-image?id=46674)

CL: Branislav Ivanovic, Liverpool - Chelsea (PA)

Anyone who says they saw all four Champions League quarter-final first legs panning out as they did is a liar.

Anyone who denies the past two days have been a celebration and resurrection of adventurous, entertaining and exceptional football is insane.

But then that's the thing (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2009/04/09/1200459/champions-league-what-made-this-competition-so-great-again#): there are so few bitter Bayern, Liverpool or Man United fans. They may rue the inevitable and indisputable mistakes made by their clubs, but there have been far less excuses and complaining than usual, because the football really did do all the talking.

Who said football needs controversy to be exciting?

In two breathtaking nights, four captivating games have been played out between eight fearless and talented teams. The atypically tentative and uninspired round of 16 is history.

Inter and Real Madrid are two clubs in particular that, whether they admit it or not, now believe themselves to be cursed in Europe. And it shows. These are great clubs that ultimately failed to live up to their billing.

Add to this Juventus and Atletico Madrid sides still not suitably rehabilitated to trade blows with the best of the best and Roma, a side like Lyon, now on the way down after having hit their peak, and it's not hard to see why they ended up as near-misses.

And to finish off the complement of those eliminated, there are Panathinaikos and Sporting CP, whose only knockout potential was the physical and literal process of being knocked out in the first place.

It's now clear that the right teams went through from the second round to serve up the best games in the quarter-finals. We perhaps didn't know it then, but we know it now.

Who is honestly wishing that Roma, Inter, Juventus or Real Madrid were here, other than fans of those clubs or countries? No one. The competition has progressed perfectly without them.

Villarreal out-passing Arsenal with their trickery and technique was truly captivating and both the game's goals were out of this world.

Porto's young guns tearing through the reigning champions stunned the masses and will have put all of Europe's elite on alert ahead of the summer transfer window (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2009/04/09/1200459/champions-league-what-made-this-competition-so-great-again#).

The return of Drogba and Essien, as well as the delayed emergence of Ivanovic and undisputed arrival of Hiddink was almost dumbfounding. Liverpool rarely look so helpless.

Barcelona kept alive their magic, blitzing a Bayern side that were just starting to be taken seriously.

Two weeks ago, this entire showpiece had been written off as a dirge - a Premier League procession - and who knows, maybe that's what it needed to be sparked back into life.

The rest of Europe (barring Barcelona) had been counted out of contention, just as England (barring Man United) always had been in years gone by.

The mass media has perpetuated the belief that the 'big four' will dominate for years to come off the back of a couple of years in which they have been the dominant presence in the quarters and semis.

When the Italians and Spanish enjoyed this success, there was never such widespread prophecy of a decade-long dynasty or anything of the sort being on the horizon for them, so why for England? Maybe the belief that the Premier League has relative recession immunity is what makes this era so much more scrutinised than others from years gone by.

Several figureheads from around Europe have at times expressed a sense of powerlessness with regards to stopping the Premier League dominance. That pathetic, defeatist attitude thankfully wasn't adopted by the likes of Porto and Villarreal and will hopefully serve as an example to one and all, next season and beyond.

The same four English teams' repeated qualification for the competition has enabled them to practice to the point of perfection and the energetic, pressing game of the English game has provided a culture shock of sorts to several European heavyweights, but it is merely a matter of time until they acclimatise to the wind of change sweeping over UEFA's showpiece event.

What captured the imagination of many fans was the defiance of the underdogs: Porto, Villarreal and even Chelsea. None were expected to win, but all not only got somewhat surprising results, but outplayed their opponents.

The favourites were favourites no more - and that's what makes Barcelona such a genuine threat: they were the only big guns who lived up to their billing.

Three Premier League teams could yet go through; Bayern could yet even beat Barcelona. A few of us remember Barca throwing away their Copa del Rey semi-final against Getafe despite a monumental first leg lead, most of us remember what Deportivo did to Milan a few years ago and absolutely everybody remembers what Liverpool managed - again against Milan - in Istanbul four years ago.

Anything can happen, but it probably won't. This wasn't defying the odds just for defiance's sake. This was the beautiful (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2009/04/09/1200459/champions-league-what-made-this-competition-so-great-again#) game blossoming in its evolution.

Barcelona still drop the odd lead, but Pep Guardiola is not Frank Rijkaard.

Liverpool are still the architects of the impossible, but Hiddink never loses by three goals - at least not against teams on a similar skill level - and especially when knowing exactly what's required from the game in order to win the tie.

Meanwhile, Porto have never lost to English opposition at the Dragao and already showed they can subdue all kinds of firepower at home, but United rarely disappoint when all is to play for, while Villarreal remain the most likely candidates for heroic failure, just as they did when the draw was made.

All roads leading to Rome sure has come in handy, as we now find ourselves taking a couple of spectacular detours along the way, knowing and hoping this tournament reaches the destination (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2009/04/09/1200459/champions-league-what-made-this-competition-so-great-again#) it deserves.

Tage
04-09-2009, 11:51 AM
meh, dont know how the fuck Rafa let that happen... Lucas played ok i guess, but Dossena came on and gave us nothing, it would have been better with 10 men (and im not exagerating).

wasnt their 3rd goal offside? i watched it from a stream in japan, so they didnt really focus the camera on it, i swear whoever set drogba up was offside.

oh well, we'll just have to beat them by 3 goals at stamford bridge.

Tage
04-09-2009, 11:53 AM

yeah ashley cole was shit scared when he had to deal with him. he shit up all of the back 4 when he would hover around them when they were in possession.

then it just fell apart after their second goal.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-09-2009, 03:32 PM
really idk what happened to liverpool.

it was weird. they didnt look like they could handle conceding a goal, it distraught them.

IMO, the players hate the zonal marking they are FORCED to do on corners. And when they condeded 2 goals basically due to zonal marking, messing up all theur good work before hand, i think they were then just too crushed mentally to comeback.

As for United away to POrto, I think it all depends on having a full strength back 4 and a solid defensive minded midfield who can soak up, defintely no Scholes or Giggs, we need to play Fletch and Carrick and Park.

We just need to go there, and defend our asses off, and go all out for the clean sheet. And then try and nick a goal somewhere off a corner or something. I think we need to aim for the 1-0, rather than just trying to outscore them. But going for the 1-0 int he Dragao is gonna be fucking insanely hard.

Tage
04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
i hope liverpool can pull off another amazing european comeback

whitey
04-09-2009, 06:54 PM
meh, dont know how the fuck Rafa let that happen... Lucas played ok i guess, but Dossena came on and gave us nothing, it would have been better with 10 men (and im not exagerating).

wasnt their 3rd goal offside? i watched it from a stream in japan, so they didnt really focus the camera on it, i swear whoever set drogba up was offside.

oh well, we'll just have to beat them by 3 goals at stamford bridge.

kaloue, there was a hint of offsides on the replay i saw. but they didnt keep showing it so i guess it wasnt that close.

the ball by ballack was so money, they had to let it stand.

im glad though, keep those reds away from milans second place total of cups. everyone else up there is low on the totum pole in terms of european cups.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
that was the only thing Ballack did the whole game.

Honestly, wtf does Ballack actually do? Ive watched alot of Chelsea games, and i cant remember evn noticing him most of the time.

Somehow he totally dissapears. Now and then he'll score a header or something.

Yet for Germany in the Euro08, he was a fucking BEAST. One of the best players of the comp. He did everything, pass amazing, dribble, shoot - non of these things can be seen at chelsea from him. Lampard is playing his position

HANZO
04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Ballack always puts in sik performances for Germany. i dnt kno how he does it, could be that he is unhappy with his role at Chelski. He always seemed like the type of player that thrives when the team is built around him (Leverkusen, Bayern and Germany).

I think he done himself a dis-service by going to Chelski, cause he could have been considered one of the best German players of all time.

Man city are as good as out in the UEFA.

And Adriano is taking a break from football and re-thinking his career. his finished.

whitey
04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
that was the only thing Ballack did the whole game.

Honestly, wtf does Ballack actually do? Ive watched alot of Chelsea games, and i cant remember evn noticing him most of the time.

Somehow he totally dissapears. Now and then he'll score a header or something.

Yet for Germany in the Euro08, he was a fucking BEAST. One of the best players of the comp. He did everything, pass amazing, dribble, shoot - non of these things can be seen at chelsea from him. Lampard is playing his position

you answered your own question.

the golden boy of chelsea and england. dude will never loose his place in a team. not to ballack at chelski. not to steve g in england.

thats what happend to him.

The Hound
04-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Ballack should have gone to Barca or United where he would have been a star player.

But, fuck it, dude put it's great performances for Nationalmannschaft everytime.

whitey
04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Report: Klinsmann on the way out from Bayern

However, should Bayern lose or draw Saturday at home against Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga, the newspaper said Klinsmann will be fired immediately, without citing any sources.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9440100/Report:-Klinsmann-on-the-way-out-from-Bayern

Tage
04-10-2009, 02:22 PM
im puttin money on man united beating sunderland. that way, they'll lose.

MUAHAHAHAHA MY PLAN IS INGENIOUS!

whitey
04-10-2009, 03:13 PM
^i do that.

its like your daring god to pick which way you win.

Tage
04-10-2009, 03:27 PM
^i bet croatia would beat england in the euro 08 qualifier england had to win.

england got whooped, but nearly came back. i won quite a bit cus england were favs... not sure how croatia were the underdogs though.

Tage
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Liverpool 4 - 0 Blackburn Rovers... easy.

Real training match for Liverpool, but you need to watch the highlights(or MOTD) for 2 reasons.

1 - Torres' first goal & Agger's goal.
2(main reason) - To watch Reina collect the ball, run in the box and fall over and land on his face. Reina is easily one of the best keepers in the world, yet he acts like a complete fucking idiot.. hahaha... i was pissing myself.

The Hound
04-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Report: Klinsmann on the way out from Bayern

However, should Bayern lose or draw Saturday at home against Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga, the newspaper said Klinsmann will be fired immediately, without citing any sources.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9440100/Report:-Klinsmann-on-the-way-out-from-Bayern

LOL, some of those comments are hilarious. Most of those people don't know shit.

Coach a year? Bayern have had three managers, including Klinsmannm, this decade lol.

I hope he is sacked. Never should have been given the job in the first place. Jogi Lw was the reason Germany did well in 06, not Klinsmann. Klinsmann isn't a manager for shit. He is better off managing shitty national teams like USA who have stiff competition from fucking Honduras and El Salvador, because, at the elite level, he hasn't got it.

whitey
04-11-2009, 12:57 PM
macheda rescues the manuers again.

Wutang36
04-12-2009, 09:57 AM
macheda rescues the manuers again.

Glad he did it again mate, Kiko will be a great striker. I hope he gets some playing minutes from SAF.
Macheda has altready gifted us the EPL Trophy.

Wutang36
04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
really idk what happened to liverpool.

it was weird. they didnt look like they could handle conceding a goal, it distraught them.

IMO, the players hate the zonal marking they are FORCED to do on corners. And when they condeded 2 goals basically due to zonal marking, messing up all theur good work before hand, i think they were then just too crushed mentally to comeback.

As for United away to POrto, I think it all depends on having a full strength back 4 and a solid defensive minded midfield who can soak up, defintely no Scholes or Giggs, we need to play Fletch and Carrick and Park.

We just need to go there, and defend our asses off, and go all out for the clean sheet. And then try and nick a goal somewhere off a corner or something. I think we need to aim for the 1-0, rather than just trying to outscore them. But going for the 1-0 int he Dragao is gonna be fucking insanely hard.

I agree with you Ghost, Utd have to pick a good selection, especially in defence to kee p a keep a clean sheet. Maybe Ferdinand will be back in time and together with Vidic they will run the defence. But I think scoring a goal or two at Porto is must, and the attack will be boosted by the return of Berba, so SAF has to make a choice wether he'll start Tevez or Berba alongside Rooney.
Besides winning in Porto isn't impossible when you see the players we have, I think it's about being mentally strong and staying focused.

HANZO
04-12-2009, 03:25 PM
great to see another Galatasaray - Fenerbahce derby end with 4 red cards and a massive brawl. not to forget Galatasaray fans nearly breaking the roof of their own stadium which would have ended up with loads of ppl dead. Was also nice to see teammates on the Turkish national team punch and headbutt each other. fantastic.

whitey
04-12-2009, 03:44 PM
^that sounds like my mens league games when we used to have to play the turks.

bunch of dirt bags, no offense han.

their team ended up disbanding. but now they have reformed, luckily they are in a lower division then my team is in so we don't have to play them.

HANZO
04-12-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah we do play dirty, or you can call it playing with an overload of passion.

I would actually like to see Arda, Semih and every other national team player involved banned from the national team. I mean it aint good that Arda decides to threaten goalkeeper Volkan after the match. They all gone nuts.

The great thing is both teams are basically out of the championship and probably wont even make the top 3 in the league.

Tage
04-12-2009, 04:03 PM
they'll all be working in kebab shops if they carry on like that

Tage
04-14-2009, 09:58 AM
wtf happened yesterday in the millwall match? penalty re-taken 3 times, 2 times saved, then it put back on the spot for the team to score.

they goalkeepers arent allowed to move off their line LOL.. its been made into the strictest rule in football..... what about Dudek when liverpool won the champions league?

surely it will be almost impossible to save a goal whilst staying on the goal line. either that or alot of keepers are going to have broken limbs after getting nailed into the goal post.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 10:24 AM
^i saw that, it embodies every reason why lower league football is so pointless. What a joke. The keepr made 2 perfectly good saves.

He wasnt even off his line. Compared to EVERY SINGLE other penaly save ive seen in the last 5 years, he couldve been considered BEHIND his line LOL

----------------------

Anyway UNITED issues =

I agree with you Ghost, Utd have to pick a good selection, especially in defence to kee p a keep a clean sheet. Maybe Ferdinand will be back in time and together with Vidic they will run the defence. But I think scoring a goal or two at Porto is must, and the attack will be boosted by the return of Berba, so SAF has to make a choice wether he'll start Tevez or Berba alongside Rooney.
Besides winning in Porto isn't impossible when you see the players we have, I think it's about being mentally strong and staying focused.

IDK if Rio is fit though.

We have 2 options, we can go to attack, and try to simply out score them to win. Or we can go very defensive, and just look for the single goal from one of our game winners or from a set piece.

Both options have risks. The Dragao is a VERY atmospheric place, and Porto players will be pushed full of confidence.

Im worried, but you have to think we have the abilty to win a game there, if we dont (with a full strngh team), we dont derserve to go thru anyway.

Tage
04-14-2009, 10:27 AM
does someone want to lend me money to get beers tonight to watch the greatest comeback since Istanbul?

i thought i would get money through today, so i bought weed yesterday... fuck only smokin through the match.. i need the alcohol to drown my sorrows if chelsea dont allow us to score the 3 goals.

Tage
04-14-2009, 10:30 AM
^i saw that, it embodies every reason why lower league football is so pointless. What a joke. The keepr made 2 perfectly good saves.

^yeah... and then on the 3rd attempt the opposing team changed the kick taker. surely that is illegal aswell? if the pen is to be retaken, surely it should be the numpty who missed it.

Tage
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
wtf... Gerrard isnt even in the squad for tonight. I think Benitez is conceding this match early, to not risk Gerrard from injury... so we have a better chance at a Premier League challenge.

This is lame... Gerrard is probably the only one who could fully lift the spirits of the team on the pitch and keep pushing. Hopefully Alonso starts and Lucas is not involved.

Also, Gerrard won't be there to show his passion for the 20th year anniversary Hillsborough Disaster in 1989, April 15th... where his cousin died.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 02:20 PM
im gonna miss the game i have football practice now but its game over imo with no gerrard.

with hiim i thought they had a decent chance. not without.

HANZO
04-14-2009, 04:18 PM
well doesnt that suck a game of two very different halves.

Kingkazim
04-14-2009, 04:32 PM
fuck football

HANZO
04-14-2009, 04:36 PM
lol a classic game but this just makes me hate chelsea more.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, same here.

I hope Barca crush them to dust.

We'll just have to win the League now...

sdeblasi
04-14-2009, 04:43 PM
that game was crazy, i didnt really have a preference over who won though i know most people prob hate chelsea though lol

Drunken Monk
04-14-2009, 04:53 PM
liki said fuck barca

HANZO
04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
COME ON BARCA!!!!!

did i mention how much of a god Thierry Henry is??

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Im glad i missed the game because i wouldve been mad as hell that chelsea got away with that.

whitey
04-14-2009, 07:39 PM
sick game.

if someone said before this game liverpool score 4 goals and still werent even close to going through who would have believed that?

Drunken Monk
04-14-2009, 07:49 PM
was an amazing game that chelsea - liverpool
propz for CHELSEA!!
NICE ONE
REAL MADRID FOREVER
NEXT YEAR WE WILL WIN!

whitey
04-14-2009, 08:17 PM
hah no chance^

well sure some chance, but i highly doubt it. unless you buy cristiano and maybe ribery or villa or something.

could also use a wing back or two.

The Hound
04-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Ribery > Barcelona next season. No shit. Hopefully 30m, but I think Barca are on the tight side. If only it was Citeh buying him.

Tage
04-14-2009, 11:14 PM
fucking intense! game....

glad fLucas played well and fluked a goal. Aurelio is a beast, but he gave Alex the idea for his freekick. if we calmed down a bit after the first 2 goals, we might have had a better chance.

the most passion ive seen in the Liverpool side for a while, and that was without Gerrard.

...hopefully we can put this into the league, beat Arsenal, and hope they beat Man United.

whitey
04-15-2009, 12:01 AM
holla, got a scrimmage with my mens league team against the local USL division 1 team in my area. the rochester rhinos; a candidate for the MLS 5-10 years ago but I dont think they are going to make the jump anymore, too much money for the franchise rights.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/images/logos/2237622376.jpg

they usually play reserves and first teamers coming back from injuries or needing to gain fitness but its always fun playing professionals.

they have been playing the teams in my mens premier league for the past couple years, usually crushing teams between 8-15 to like 0 or 1. two years ago when we played them we had the closest game to date against them only loosing 2-0. my goalie is phenomenal, full d1 scholarship at the moment. kid had like 25 saves that game.

gonna be a little dif this time, still will have some key players away at school when were going to play but should still be a good time. ill let you guys know how many goals i burry. HA. :lmao:

get to play at their stadium too...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/lhmark/ptp_2.jpg

Durag
04-15-2009, 06:24 AM
What a fuckin game last night!

Ive seen some brilliant games latley, United V Villa, United V Porto, Chelsea V Liverpool, Villa V Everton, and last nights game. Football matches have become real exciting in the premier league latley, hopefully it keeps up.

As long as united lose tonight, im happy.

RALPH WIGGUM
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Damn that was crazy! Now I hate drogba, n lampard even more. If Gerrard had played, no way chelsea would be qualified.

whitey
04-16-2009, 12:14 AM
^gerrard isnt stopping 4 chelski goals my boy.

gotta give credit where muh fuckin credit is do...bow down.

36kukFizeks

fully 39.6 meters of it.

i dont know if there is a harder thing in sports than to score a goal like that. possibly his best goal ever no joke.

Krimewave
04-16-2009, 06:02 AM

gotta give credit where muh fuckin credit is do...bow down.

36kukFizeks

fully 39.6 meters of it.

i dont know if there is a harder thing in sports than to score a goal like that. possibly his best goal ever no joke.

word.
goal of the season without a doubt.

not the best performance by Utd by a long way, but at least the desire and commitment was there. Giggs, as ever, was ready to take one for the team.

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/porto2.thumbnail.jpg

RALPH WIGGUM
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM

No but he can score 2 more livpool goals my boy.

HANZO
04-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Gerrard most likely would have kept the team composed after the first Chelski goal, encouraging the players not to panic. would have helped Lpool not to collapse early in the 2nd half.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-16-2009, 07:02 PM
They wouldve qualified with Gerrard. Im sure of that.

On to more important matters, like United.

ANDERSON = :cheerlie:

Just what we've been missing, is what he did. Finally a physical presence in our midfield, something weve been missing since hes been out, and especially in the first leg.

When Scholes came on for him in the last 10 minutes we instantly crumbled back to the 1st leg way of things. I knew that would happen. Putting Scholes on was CRAZY suicide manouever by Fergie.

Great performance all round though. Very hard place to go and win.