PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-30-2010, 04:43 AM
Pique and Ibra should trade places.

BTW -

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/4594/campmou.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/255m6j7.gif

http://www.shrani.si/f/2r/ut/w2jGj6s/whenigrowup.png

whitey
04-30-2010, 07:42 AM
im rooting for inter just so italy keeps that coeficient up over germany.

i just hold it together thinking ac milan has been to more european cup finals in my lifeitme, and probably everyone elses that checks this thread, than any other club in europe. soooo i got that going for me.

forza serie A.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
If Inter does not win the game after 90 minutes, germany will have 4 spots, and Italy 3.

Art Vandelay
05-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Player gets yellow card for fatal heart attack during match
By Brooks Peck

Diving has long been the scourge of the world's game -- a festering boil cursed by fans and mocked by all. But now the distrust that its prevalence has ingrained in the game has caused a dying man one final injustice.
According to the Croatian Times and Eurosport, a 32-year-old Croatian defender named Goran Tunjic suffered a heart attack in the 35th minute of a county-level league match and collapsed on the pitch. Thinking the player was merely taking a dive to draw a foul, the referee showed him a yellow card before realizing that something was seriously wrong and called for medical attention. Tunjic was rushed to a local hospital but could not be saved. He reportedly had no previous health problems.
Said a spokesman for Tunjic's club, Mladost FC:
"Doctors tried to help him but there was nothing they could do.
"He just fell dead on the spot."
It's a shame that a relatively young man's death during a game is being reported because it was mistaken as an attempt to cheat, but maybe now a few actual divers will rethink the practice. Or not.

whitey
05-06-2010, 11:54 PM
diving is gay. if it takes a nigga dying to learn a motha fucka, so be it.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-08-2010, 03:59 PM
lol at Sevilla:Barca, and Real:Athletic Bilbao game

anything could happen, and Barca & Real still won :D

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
05-09-2010, 05:32 PM
valladolid in first division dats what i hpe

WooHa
05-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Panathinaikos uber alles

check two
05-13-2010, 03:33 AM
http://usa.worldcupblog.org/files/2008/10/adu1-271x300.jpg

--American soccer's million-dollar baby saw his World Cup dream extinguished on Tuesday, a full month before the sport's greatest showpiece has even begun.

Based on how Freddy Adu's career has faltered in recent years, it was no shock that he was left off the United States' preliminary World Cup roster, ensuring him a summer spent in front of a television screen instead of packed stadiums in South Africa.

Yet given the outlandish projections made for Adu in 2003 – when, as a 13-year-old, he was handed a million-dollar endorsement deal with Nike and touted as the future of the national team – the decline has been both sad and dramatic.

By now, according to the experts, Adu was supposed to be one of the best players in the world – the first American to become a global star. Instead, he is floundering in the lowly regarded Greek league, and Tuesday's announcement means U.S. head coach Bob Bradley does not even rate him among this country's 30 best players.

Adu's backstory used to resemble the first few chapters of a fairy tale but is now little more than a cautionary tale against overhyping young phenomena. He emigrated to the States from Ghana as an 8-year-old after his mother won the Green Card lottery, and was quickly spotted in the junior ranks in Maryland.

Observers could barely believe their eyes when witnessing such skills in one so young, and the soccer world soon caught on. Giant Italian club Inter Milan offered him a contract as a 10-year-old. US Soccer chiefs positively salivated at the prospect of a future superstar.

In 2004, Adu made U.S. sports history by becoming the top overall pick in the Major League Soccer draft and making his debut for D.C. United at age 14. In hindsight, such acceleration into the senior ranks smacks of madness. Back then, it was seen as merely the first stepping stone on the path to greatness.

Growing up in the spotlight didn't do Adu much good, with the big contract, big expectations and constant scrutiny weighing heavily on his shoulders.

Since 2006, he has resembled a soccer nomad, bouncing from D.C. to Real Salt Lake and then Benfica, the Portuguese club that retains his rights but has now farmed him out on loan to three separate clubs in three years. Some positive performances for the national team in age-restricted events were interspersed, in the Under 20 World Cup in 2007 and the Beijing Olympics (where most players must be 23 or younger) the following year.

The regular spot on the senior team never came, a decision effectively taken out of the hands of Bradley by Adu's failure to lock down regular playing time for his European clubs.

Back when the draw for the World Cup was made in December, Adu still retained some hope of being selected for Bradley's squad.

"I'm gonna say something right now," he wrote on his Twitter account. "I have never wanted to be a part of something as bad as I wanna be in this World Cup. Work and prayer."

This year's World Cup was earmarked as Adu's time to stamp his mark on the world game. From that time years earlier, when Nike hurled cash in his direction and his future looked golden, there was always an eye on 2010.

The 2006 World Cup was seen as too soon. This one, on the African continent of his birth, was perfect.

In the end, it just wasn't to be. The culmination of that plan did not take place in Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg, where the United States will meet England on June 12. It was instead in Adu's club apartment in Thessaloniki, with the announcement of a roster that didn't feature his name. Back to the drawing board.

So where did it all go wrong for Adu? Were the hype and expectations too much to handle? Or was he just never destined for stardom?

"It is difficult when young players do not have enough time to develop, when too much is asked too soon," said Hector Cuper, a well-respected Argentinean coach now in charge of Adu's Greek team, Aris. "Extra time allows for a more well-rounded game. He has ability, we can all see that."

Yet if Adu is ever to ascend to the heights he still dreams of, it will be a grind through the ranks and a constant battle to overturn perception of him as a bust. European soccer is a cutthroat world, and there won't be anything easy about it.

"I want to be one of the best players to play this sport one day," Adu said in a recent interview with Sports Illustrated. "I still have the chance to do that, and I want to work hard to get there."

"Getting there" is no longer a given. Recent signs have been reasonable, with some solid performances for Aris taking him to the brink of the 30-man U.S. squad after he was barely in contention months earlier. However, there is still a long and uncertain way to go.

"Freddy is still young and he will tell you there are things along the way he did right and things he did wrong," Bradley said. "Now he has to take all those things to the situation he is in and show he is continuing to grow."

Adu's Twitter account was silent early Tuesday, perhaps a reflection of the bitter disappointment he must have seen coming.

Freddy Adu is 20 years old and he feels like yesterday's man. Maybe his time will still come, but it won't be this summer.

whitey
05-13-2010, 07:54 AM
freds a bum. better than the kids because of athletics and speed. but when hes with the big boys he cant do it.

which is the major argument to americans thinking their best athletes can just immediately be better than everyone at soccer if they choose. theres much more to the game than that.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-17-2010, 03:08 AM
Inter are the champions...Mourinho left Italy with teary eyes

RALPH WIGGUM
05-17-2010, 07:39 AM
lol Benzema's not going to the world cup, and it seems domenech will be replaced by Laurent Blanc, but that doesn't matter the team sucks anyway.

RALPH WIGGUM
05-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Carlton Cole, Green and Upson going to the world cup, nice.

whitey
05-17-2010, 03:39 PM
predictions on the finals????

i have inter at 3-1

HANZO
05-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Ballack out for Germany in the World Cup.

the man does have some rotten luck.

was an epic day last night in Turkish football. for the first time ever a team out of the big 4 and only the 2nd team outside of Istanbul has won the league. was fucking epic. its a time of revolution, hopefully this changes everything in our majorly corrupt league.

Djaminha
05-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Ballack out for Germany in the World Cup.

the man does have some rotten luck.

was an epic day last night in Turkish football. for the first time ever a team out of the big 4 and only the 2nd team outside of Istanbul has won the league. was fucking epic. its a time of revolution, hopefully this changes everything in our majorly corrupt league.
Yeah I saw this, I had abit on Bursaspor to beat Besitkas. I heard they had an outisde chance of the title but everyone expected Fener not to fuck up? How have Bursaspor done this? Through hard work or a wealthy owner. It's not a name familiar to many outside of Turkey, how will they do in the champions league?

whitey
05-19-2010, 08:30 AM
david villa to barca. 40 mil.

herny is defiantly on the way out. possibly ibra too in my opinion, he wont want to sit on the bench. heard rumors he might possibly go back to juve.

MaskedAvenger
05-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Inter will win the final 3-1

HANZO
05-21-2010, 02:15 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/idLG6jh23yE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/idLG6jh23yE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

epic advert. World Cup fever is starting, shits gonna be crazy. shame Ronaldihno in the advert though lol.

i think Inter will do it tomorrow.

Yeah I saw this, I had abit on Bursaspor to beat Besitkas. I heard they had an outisde chance of the title but everyone expected Fener not to fuck up? How have Bursaspor done this? Through hard work or a wealthy owner. It's not a name familiar to many outside of Turkey, how will they do in the champions league?

all hard work. their budget is something like £7million, compare that to Fenerbahce whose budget is like £30-50million. the team is built around good young Turkish players and solid European vets. plus they have a really good coach. i mean they only got promoted back to the top division 3 years ago.

i honestly dnt know how they will do in the champions league, they are a good tough team. it depends how the summer goes for them, there is a possibility that to make money they will just sell off their good young talent to the big three Istanbul teams. if that happens they got no chance in the champs league. if it dnt they can improve and maybe pull off some surprises.

whitey
05-22-2010, 11:49 PM
diego milito did work today.

Professor Poopsnagle
05-22-2010, 11:58 PM
I never noticed how much Milito looks like a young Sylvester Stallone.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nvf2OFbbof8/SRk9lLVABAI/AAAAAAAADII/llZt6m_Ekj0/s320/1.doc

http://www.goodmanson.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/sylvester-stallone-rocky-photograph-c12142815.jpeg

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-23-2010, 04:07 AM
it's funny how any big club could buy the 7 players we bought, well maybe not Eto'o

-still, Eto'o was not wanted in Barcelona anymore
-Sneijder had to go cuz of Perez
-Milito & Motta from Genoa
-Lucio was thrown out of Bayern
-Mariga wanted to go somewhere bigger
-Pandev haven't played for half a year in Lazio

crazy. love the whole team...

whitey
05-23-2010, 08:46 AM
im glad for for zanetti. class act. man is a quality footballer.

im glad too that inter won (not really but u know) for the because of the serie A coefficient.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-23-2010, 12:58 PM
hahaha fate made Italy cheer for Inter just because of that.. =)

HANZO
05-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Inter just outdone Bayern. they are an excellent team with the best defence in the world. samuel and lucio are like a solid steel wall. the best part is whenever one is out of position you got cambiasso and zanetti just filling in. bayern had that one good chance at the beginning of the second and fucked it up.

all the reports are saying Jose is going to Real Madrid. would be weird considering Real want to play 'beautiful' football and Mourihno's teams play anything but that. this is a team that sacked Capello cause he wasnt winning with style.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-23-2010, 08:44 PM
http://bologna.theoffside.com/files/2010/02/milito1.jpg

aaaaadddrriiiiiaaaaaannnn

Djaminha
05-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Blackpool will teach a lesson to negative teams in the PL. I hope they keep the 433. I tear my fucking eyes out watching shit like Wolves or Blackburn.

whitey
05-26-2010, 09:29 PM
its all about surviving for those bum ass teams. if you dont have the players they pack it up and just try and skimp points off the bigger clubs. getting relegated costs teams major cash.

HANZO
05-29-2010, 05:41 PM
wow we fucking lost to the US of A. Turkey should officially be booted out from UEFA for disgracing the name of European football. same old shit with us. cocky lazy footballers.

Hiddink wont be able to do much with this team, he wont last long. oh well.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-29-2010, 07:03 PM
I hope he'll coach Inter... I don't want Pellegrini LOL

whitey
05-30-2010, 12:27 AM
i only saw from about 25th minute until 50th or so. but the first goal the US scored was really nice actually. but a lot of the other stuff i saw was shit. they just still dont get the game a lot. the turkish goal was evidence. outside back makes a run up. leaves a gap, which happens. but it needs to be covered properly. you cant just allow the opposing team to play one ball that beats your defence and leads to a goal.

Art Vandelay
06-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Nation's Soccer Fan Becoming Insufferable
JUNE 4, 2010 | ISSUE 46•22

http://media.theonion.com/images/articles/article/17553/Soccer-Fan-R_jpg_600x345_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

WILMINGTON, DE—As the 2010 World Cup approaches, friends, family, and coworkers of 32-year-old Brad Janovich are growing less tolerant of the exuberant behavior of the United States' lone soccer fan.

"Who's got World Cup fever?" Janovich asked his officemates at Credit Solutions Friday, failing to notice their silent stares as he reported for work clad in the sole Team USA jersey sold this year. "I do! I've got World Cup fever!"

"Check out this World Cup wall chart I just bought," added Janovich, who is the only American citizen currently aware that the World Cup begins June 11.

According to sources only peripherally aware of the World Cup, Janovich's infuriating behavior first became apparent during a Super Bowl viewing party last February when he repeatedly used the phrase "American football" to describe the action on the field. In recent weeks, Janovich has also begun referring to the supposed suspense involved in choosing the players for the U.S. "side," and has struck up several extended but one-sided conversations concerning figures such as "Kaka" and "Ronaldinho," generally mystifying and alienating everyone he has come into contact with.

Yesterday Janovich sent an office-wide e-mail about the controversy surrounding the new World Cup ball, and the message was instantly deleted by all of his coworkers.

"Decorating his cubicle with World Cup stuff is fine, I guess," said coworker Greg Lafferty, who endured several elevator rides in which he politely listened to the lone American soccer fan evaluate international matchups before realizing that Janovich was discussing the outcomes of soccer games and not impending wars. "I myself have a Yankees pennant at my desk. But Brad has all these scarves draped all over everything. They hang into other people's areas, and when they ask him to move them, he responds by explaining what the scarf means. It's driving us nuts."

"Last week he was talking about how 'footy' was really heating up and asked me to come over for the 'friendly' against Turkey," said Janovich's friend Beth Gleason, who has known the only projected U.S. viewer of this year's World Cup broadcast since college. "I love Brad, I really do, but when he talks like that I want to punch him in the goddamn face. Especially because, when I asked him what he was talking about, he just said the same thing again, only slower. I was like, 'Brad, don't talk like that. People don't talk like that.'"

With only a week to go, Janovich's singular, almost unconscionable degree of soccer fanhood has only intensified. Credit Solutions employees reported that a crude "World Cup countdown calendar" appeared on the break room wall Friday, the same day that everyone in Janovich's division arrived to find him wearing Umbro soccer shorts and placing a World Cup bracket on every desk.

In addition, coworkers reported that it is not uncommon for Janovich to spontaneously start humming or singing repeated snatches of songs evidently composed exclusively of the sound "olé" while seated at his desk.

"I had absolutely no idea what 'FIFA South Africa 2010' meant," said Lafferty, who made the mistake of asking Janovich to explain. "When he told me that's where the soccer games were and that the time difference meant he'd be getting up early to watch them, all I could think was that maybe he'd be too tired to talk about them afterward."

Janovich has also extended invitations to everyone he knows to accompany him to the Newgate, a pub in downtown Wilmington that will be showing the World Cup live and is favored by British expatriates.

"It'll be nice to finally be among other fans," Janovich said. "And speaking as a fan, it's really great to see Hotspur and Arsenal and Aston Villa supporters all come together for the Three Lions, though I'm hoping the Yanks can channel the spirit of the 1950 shock horror. But that's not as important as uniting in our love of the Beautiful Game, as any football [sic] fan will tell you."

Newgate regulars agreed that Janovich's enthusiasm was unique.

"That American fan? He's harmless, I guess," bartender and lifelong Tottenham supporter Martin West said. "Though he gets pretty tiresome with all his footy rubbish, and he can really get annoying when we're all just trying to watch in peace. Thank Christ he's the only one."

RALPH WIGGUM
06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
hahahahaha french team lost against fucking China! These dudes are playing so bad its almost as if they're doing it on purpose lol

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-05-2010, 03:19 PM
and the funny part about the chinese goal is that the little chink should've been subbed right then, but he throwed a time out sign [lol] and scored the goal

mikel, drogba, robben probably out :O

Tage
06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
who's betting on what?

i'm placing £40 on Spain @ 4/1 = £200 return... not sure to go with SkyBet(money back if England win the WC) or Bet365(money back if Spain lose on pens).

probably gonna stick some money on Villa and Torres for golden boot.

HANZO
06-09-2010, 05:39 PM
something really annoying about the World Cup is how fucking corny they make the whole thing.

anyway Spain and Brazil open favourites.

safe bet would be either, im gonna put money down on Argentina. although i dont think they would win because of Maradona and his crappy managerial skills.

Germany is a good bet, the Germans always do well they got a good strong team.

I dont know about England, i think they will breeze through the first couple of rounds but when it comes to playing the real serious teams they could get exposed.

chiba
06-10-2010, 01:23 PM
pele predicted england, spain and brazil to win the world cup
we all know pele's predictions are like a curse

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/07/1963293/top-10-wrong-pele-predictions

i agree with HAN ze germans always go far in tourneys, wouldnt be surprised if theyw on it, everyone sleeps on germany

holland always look solid but they choke

if argentina comes correct and hungry they will make it to the finals

it all depends on who gets the easy route to the finals too

south africa and usa will frrrruck up alot of teams

:can:

RALPH WIGGUM
06-10-2010, 01:26 PM
lol yeah I don't remembern who said "Football is a game played by eleven players, and in the end , Germany wins". They're never really expected but they always get far.
Im supporting England, and on the side, South Africa, Mexico and Uruguay lol

Krimewave
07-09-2010, 06:05 AM
Manchester City bid £35m for Raoul Moat City chief exec, Garry Cook commented "We have no idea who this man is, but everybody else seems to be after him so we're putting in a bid"

whitey
07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
man citys looking to bid for lando donavan.

albert riera just signed for olympiacos. ive always liked him, his play was not suited for the prem though. he needs to go back to spain or try italy to succeed on a good squad.

joe cole for liverpool is a bit of a surprise.

Krimewave
07-28-2010, 01:22 PM
joe cole for liverpool is a bit of a surprise.

word.
I thought he'd go to Arsenal or Spurs.

Rame
07-28-2010, 03:48 PM
AKlucE-5nIM

whitey
08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
seasons are kicking off!!!

forza milan.

MaskedAvenger
08-16-2010, 11:52 PM
forza inter

ironmantis
08-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Forza Dagenham & Redbridge.

whitey
08-18-2010, 03:50 PM
milan got Kevin-Prince Boateng on loan with an option to buy. ill take it.

HANZO
08-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Real Madrid got Ozil for 14million Euros. bargain price, compare it to the price Man city have paid for all their transfers so far. shows how ridiculous the premiership is.

by the looks of it the premiership is going to be a 2 horse race i dnt see anyone getting close to Man Utd and Chelsea.

and Besiktas with our new team with Quaresma and Guti along with new coach Schuster. we playing ok i mean seeing Ricardo Quaresma actually track back and defend is all very positive.

Tage
08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
i won around £240 for Spain winning and Villa being joint top scorer - odds we're divided by the amount of people tied on amount of goals. (pretty sure i've said that before on here... somewhere)

^shortly after i won that money, i lost my job. the two aren't related though |(

Manchester City bid £35m for Raoul Moat City chief exec, Garry Cook commented "We have no idea who this man is, but everybody else seems to be after him so we're putting in a bid"

^haha... brilliant.

MaskedAvenger
08-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Quaresma has done more in 2 games for Besiktas than he did in 2 years at inter.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-19-2010, 12:36 AM
The following is a conversation overheard recently in the Manchester United dressing room…

Sir Alex Ferguson: Right lads, we’ve got a problem here today. We’re up against The Dog and Duck and they’re no mugs. I’m thinking we might have to go with the 4-5-1 formation again.

[Groans from around the room]

SAF: I know, I know. I don’t like it any more than you do but needs must and all that. What with our defensive crisis, we’re down to our last six centre backs and our best goalkeeper is away looking after his missus so we’ll have to make do with you again Tommo, I’m afraid.

Tomasz Kuszczak: Thanks, boss. Your confidence is overwhelming.

SAF: I know, I hate to throw a young lad like yourself into a big game like this and I know you’re not really up to the task but just try your best ok?

TK: I should be able to cope – do you realise I’m actually almost 28 years old?

SAF: I know that and I keep telling you – you’re full of potential. You’ll make a good keeper one day. But for now just try to catch the bloody ball every now and again and if you can’t catch it, stop it with your head, god knows it’s big enough. Right, that’s the keeper sorted. Now. Defenders. Gary, how’s your knee?

Gary Neville: Oh, not bad boss. The doctor said it should be good as new in a couple of years.

SAF: Ahh, that’s grand, lad. Is there anything I can do to help? A new contract maybe?

GN: That’d be nice boss. Me and the missus have just got the planning permission for the extension we want to build and we could use the extra money.

SAF: An extension? Which side of the house are you extending?

GN: Well, all of them actually, boss. We’ve bought the village.

SAF: Good for you, son. Have them neighbours been complaining again?

GN: Yeah. First they didn’t like my hedges and now they’re complaining about the 60 foot high neon Manchester United Crest I have had installed on the roof.

SAF: Nosey buggers. Why don’t they just mind their own bloody business?

GN: Well, that’s what I said. Anyway, it’s sorted now.

SAF: Good. How is your lovely lady wife by the way?

GN: Oh, she’s fine thanks, boss. Actually, that reminds me. Here, she baked you a cake. It’s carrot cake. Your favourite.

[Hands Sir Alex a cake]

SAF: Oh lovely. Tell her I said ‘Thank You’ won’t you, son? We can have a bit of this over a cup of tea when we discuss your contract later. Come up to my office after the match, ok?

GN: Will do, boss.

SAF: You see that everyone? Gary brings me cake. All I get from most of you lot is bloody earache. Gary’s a manager’s dream and has never needed an agent in his life! Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. Fabio. You’re playing right back.

Rafael Da Silva: I’m Rafael, boss.

SAF: Are you? Oh, right, well Rafael, you’re right back, then.

RDS: Okay, boss.

SAF: Rio, what’s the score with your injury nowadays?

Rio Ferdinand: I is still injured, technically.

SAF: Technically? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

RF: Well, I is researching a role I have given myself in a new film I is producing where I play an injured footballer. It’s called ‘Method Acting’, boss.

SAF: Oh right. This new film. Is it any good cos that last one was a bag of shite.

Gary Neville, laughing: Haha, good one boss.

RF: Well, I is producing, directing and starring in it so it bloody well should be ‘cos I is awesome.

SAF: Hmm… no doubt it will start out well and show lots of promise before losing the plot completely and petering out to a rather anticlimactic ending, then.

Gary Neville, laughing hysterically, holding his sides: Stop it boss, you’re killing me. Hahahaha.

SAF: Anyway. Vidic? [Looking around] Has anyone seen Vidic?

Ryan Giggs: He’s had to go shopping, boss.

SAF: Shopping? We’re about to kick off a massive game and he’s off out shopping?

RG: It’s for his wife, boss. He’s gone to buy her another woolly jumper. She says she’s still cold.

SAF: Cold? It’s bloody boiling out there. Anyway, isn’t she from Serbia? You’d have thought she’d be used to a bit of cold.

RG: Well, yes, boss but from what he was saying, she’s really laying it on thick recently. She was looking at houses on the Internet the other day… in Madrid.

SAF: Madrid? Real bloody Madrid!?? I wouldn’t sell a virus to that mob!

RG: What about a Vidic?

SAF: What? Oh aye. They can have him. I was talking about viruses. I wouldn’t sell them a virus. I thought I made myself perfectly clear last time I said it. Anyway, it looks like Wes and Jonny will have to cover in defence again. Wes, have you met Jonny?

Wes Brown: Of course, boss.

SAF: Well, try to bloody well look like it when you’re on the pitch will you? Oh and the pair of you, try not to let too many balls get to that shambles over there [nods in the direction of Tomasz Kuszczak].

TK: Cheers, boss.

SAF: Right. Well, that’s the defence sorted. Evra, you’re playing again obviously, son.

Patrice Evra: That’s great boss. No problem. Can I just mention, however, that this is the 429th successive game that I have now played in?

SAF: And your point is?

PE: Well, I’m feeling a little tired.

SAF, putting on a whiney baby voice: Oooo, I’m feewing a wickle tired, boo hoo. Grow up lad. Gary, how many games have you played in the last two seasons?

GN: Three, boss.

SAF: There you go. Gary has played THREE games in the last two seasons and he’s twice your age and his legs are knackered but you don’t hear him complain do you? So get over yourself, get your boots on and run up and down that wing like your career depends on it, which incidentally, it does. Bloody foreigners. I knew I shouldn’t have let Denis retire. I never got this kind of crap off him. Right. That’s the defence sorted. Bloody hell, I’m good at this management lark. It’s like second nature to me. OK. Now for the midfield. Ronnie, you’re on the right.

RG: Erm… boss?

SAF: Yes Ryan?

RG: Ronnie’s not here anymore. You sold him in the summer, remember? You’ve been seeing that special doctor ever since? The one who’s helping you to get over it?

SAF, fighting back a tear: That’s right. You’re right Ryan. He’s gone. We just have to soldier on without him. It’s coming back to me now. I sold him for £80 Million and bought Valencia for £17 million didn’t I?

RG: That’s right, boss.

SAF: [breaks down into uncontrollable tears]

RG: There, there boss. Tony’s a decent player. Always looks up before playing a cross. He’s got bags of pace and can get behind a defender.

SAF: I know but Ronnie was gorgeous. Where did the other £63 Million go by the way?

RG: That’s what we’d all like to know, boss, but that’s another story. [Looks over to Valencia]. Don’t worry about it Tony. He gets like this now and again. You just carry on doing what you’re doing. I remember when I first started…

[Yawns from around the room]

SAF: Aye, don’t go on about all that again, you’re starting to sound more and more like Bobby bloody Charlton every day. Right. Tony, you’re on the right. Oh and if you score, you have my permission to smile, ok? What are your pearlies like anyway?

[Antonio Valencia opens his mouth in a wide grin to reveal rotten, black stumpy teeth]

SAF: On second thoughts, you’d better keep your mouth shut. There’ll be bairns watching. Okay, now we need someone to play on the left.

Zoran Tosic: Boss?

[SAF pauses and looks around the room as if he heard something]

SAF: Sorry lads, I thought I heard something then. Nani, you can play on the left can’t you?

Nani: Well, yes, but I do prefer to play on the right really.

SAF: The right? Are you mad? You can’t play on the right! You never played on the right!

Nani: You never gave me the chance, boss. Ronaldo always got the nod.

SAF: Don’t you dare speak his name! You’re not fit to kiss his beautifully balanced feet! We only bought you because someone said you were the left-sided Ronaldo. That’s the last time I buy someone after watching a Youtube video. How old are you son?

Nani: I’m 23, boss.

SAF: Right. Well in that case, I was doing this job when you were wearing nappies and judging by the way you went down after that defender breathed on you last week, you’re still wearing the bloody things.

GN, laughing out loud: Hahaha, good one, boss.

SAF: Make no mistake about it, son, I’d sell you like that [clicks his fingers] but the only offers you’ve been getting are from Canal Street. You’ve put me in a bad mood now. Park? You’re playing on the left today, ok?

Ji-Sung Park: Ok, boss.

Zoran Tosic: I can play on the left, Boss.

SAF: Can anyone else hear that? [Shakes his head]. I don’t know. I think I’ll have to go and see my doctor again, I’m sure I’ve got bloody tinnitus. Right. Now here’s the tough part, this is where I earn my corn. This is where the real tough team selection decisions have to be made. I want to keep things tight in the middle of the park but we also need to remember that the idea of the game is to score a goal so with that in mind, Scholesy, how many times have you scored this season?

Paul Scholes: That’s a bit personal isn’t it boss?

RG: He means goals, Paul.

PS: Oh right. Erm… three, I think. What comes after two?

SAF: Three, Paul. Yes, I think you’re right. You’ve banged in a grand total of three goals this season. Not exactly brilliant that is it Paul?

PS: Well, I did try to tell you about six years ago that I don’t enjoy playing football much anymore and that I want to retire but you won’t let me.

SAF: There’s no such word as retire Paul. What would you do with yourself if you retired? Have you thought about that?

PS: Well, yes boss. I think I would spend time with my wife and kids.

SAF: Wife and kids?! What the hell are those? You’re a footballer Paul. You were born to kick that ball. You were born to play in the Theatre of Dreams in front of 70,000 adoring fans. Think back Paul when you were a boy. What did you want to do when you grew up?

PS: I wanted to be a footballer, boss.

SAF: That’s right. A footballer. Not “a father”, not “a husband”. A footballer. Don’t you forget that, lad.

PS: I know boss but things change, priorities change. I love my family. I love my home.

SAF: This is your home, Paul, this is your home. We are your family.

PS: I wish I’d signed for Oldham.

SAF: I’ll ignore that. Anyway, you’re playing today. I want you to ping those forty yarders about with contemptuous ease. Can you do that for me Paul?

PS: Sure.

SAF: Oh, and if you feel like making a tackle, count to ten first ok?

PS: Is that the one after three?

SAF: Nevermind. Right. Fletch, I want you to play in the middle alongside Scholesy ok?

Darren Fletcher: OK, dad.

SAF: Just play your normal game. If you can’t play the man, try to play the ball. Right Wayne. You’re up front but I want you to play slightly to the left, ok?

Wayne Rooney: Ok. How far left?

SAF: The touchline.

WR: The touchline?

SAF: Yeah, it’s a new tactic I want to try out. We play you out on the left where you have no chance of scoring.

WR: And?

SAF: And what? It’s bloody genius. I thought of it myself.

WR: I don’t get it.

SAF: Well, son. You’ve not got 40 years of management behind you, have you? I wouldn’t expect you to fully comprehend the subtle nuances of the tactic. You’ll just have to trust me. You do trust me don’t you, son?

WR: Of course boss.

SAF: That’s my boy. Remember what I said to you when you very first arrived? What did I say to you?

WR: That you’d turn me into the best player in the world, boss.

SAF: And what did I do?

WR: You turned Ronaldo into the best player in the world, boss.

SAF: Oooo… someone’s touchy today aren’t they? You getting enough sleep? Is that baby of yours keeping you up at night? Try a wee drop of whisky in his bottle [winks conspiratorially at Rooney].

WR: But boss. I don’t understand. Why the left?

SAF, looking a bit flustered: Look, you know I don’t rate Park but we have to play him, do you realise how many shirts that lad shifts in Asia? I need you to provide a bit of cover for him over there, understand?

WR: Why don’t you just play Tosic? He’s a left winger.

SAF: Never heard of him. Right. Berby? Berby! Can someone wake him up please?

[GN runs over and pokes Berby in the ribs]

Dimitar Berbatov: What is it boss?

SAF: We’ve got a game in ten minutes and you’re playing.

DB: Awww, give me a break boss. I’m knackered. Didn’t we play one last week? Has anyone seen my fags by the way?

SAF: Berby! Shut up and listen! I’m going to be playing you up front with Wayne who will be on the left.

DB: Hmm… not exactly up front then is he?

SAF: Of course he is, he’s supporting you… from the left.

DB: But I play better with Wayne directly alongside me. Bam bam bam. Quick little passes. Goal.

SAF: Berby, with all due respect son, having paid £30 Million for you, I would expect you to be able to play alongside Ronald bloody McDonald and still score thirty goals a season.

DB: But why is Wayne out on the left?

SAF: Look, I have explained the situation thoroughly to Wayne already and had you not been asleep, you would have heard it all. We don’t have time to go through it all again now. The match kicks off in two minutes. I just have enough time to go through my subs. Michael you’re on the bench.

Michael Owen: That’s fine but can I ask why I am on the bench? I scored a hat-trick last weekend.

SAF: Come on Michael. You’re no spring chicken. You’ve been around the block a few times. You should know by now, it’s called squad rotation. Welcome to the 21st century. I know you’re a scouser but it isn’t nineteen bloody eighty five anymore you know.

[GN rolls on the floor laughing]

SAF: Gabriel Obertan. Bloody hell, son. What kind of name is that? Did your parents give it to you? Bit of a mouthful, isn’t it? Do you mind if I call you Squidward for short?

Gabriel Obertan: Why Squidward, boss?

SAF: No reason. Anyway, you’re on the bench. I’ll probably bring you on with five minutes to go when we’re losing 1-0 and then blame it on you for not being as good as we were led to believe you were. Now, who have we got left? You lad? What’s your name?

ZT: Zoran Tosic, boss.

SAF: When did you arrive?

ZT: About a year ago, boss.

SAF: And what do you do?

ZT: I play on the left, boss.

SAF: Do you really? Well, get those gloves on. We need a stand-by keeper. Come on lads. Let’s show these amateurs how the big boys do it!

Tage
08-19-2010, 11:59 AM
^nice.

...has anyone seen this...? - The REAL Ronaldo...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1304361/Brazil-legend-Ronaldo-piles-pounds-admits-retirement-fears.html

whitey
08-20-2010, 08:30 PM
shame. some people just stay skinny whenever, others when they arent going through physical activity like that all that all the time put the pounds on. sad him, and ronaldinho, are two that are the later. two of the greats.

whitey
08-25-2010, 04:56 PM
check out the god pippo inzaghi today against barca. might be goal of the year!! shit is nutts.

bIO4AN00TdU

hectis
08-26-2010, 03:30 AM
what is the best non american football league

whitey
08-26-2010, 09:22 AM
serie A
la liga
epl
bundeslega

brazil and argentina also have good leagues but the players arent as good. they are exciting tho.

whitey
08-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Ibra to milan. dope. flanked by pato and dinho. looook out.

MaskedAvenger
08-28-2010, 11:32 AM
serie a > la liga > epl > bundesliga

Tage
08-28-2010, 11:50 AM
glad wigan beat 'arry's men today... hate that cunt.

RALPH WIGGUM
08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
That Bolton-West Ham game was awfully refereed.
lol at Chamakh scoring on his first game against liverpool. I honestly thought he would suck at first.

Tage
08-29-2010, 11:50 AM
^Chamakh didn't score... Reina did.

Liverpool JUST beat WBA today.. Torres fired in a fantastic volley.
HA!... Sunderland beat Man City... fucking spoons.

MaskedAvenger
08-29-2010, 12:18 PM
man city lost, juve losing 1-0.... ahhh

whitey
08-29-2010, 08:00 PM
dinho killed today.

ironmantis
08-30-2010, 07:25 AM
^^ see if you can find that long no look pass from Ronaldinho for Inzaghi to lob the keeper and hit the post.

I have searched but haven't found it yet.

whitey
08-30-2010, 07:42 AM
that shit is 2:15 legit looked like 06 in the barca days.

2:58 some more naaasty skill.

no look to pippo at 3:30

dinho could have had 4 other assists.

OG4LHU5Zqz4

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
lol at saying la liga is better than EPL. lol @ that.

EPL has more big teams competing now than any other league, La Liga is a joke now.

Manchester Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
Man City
Liverpool

Thats 6 teams theoretically challenging for the top 2 spots this season, no other league has that other than maybe bundesliga.

So if your talking about a LEAGUE, i repeat, A LEAGUE, theres no way in hell La Liga that only has 2 teams is anywhere near as good a league.

And in La Liga, every other team got weaker this season other than RM and Barca, Valencia and Sevilla are about 5 times worse than they were last season. Its awful.

Also name a better winger than Nani in Europe right now.

ironmantis
08-30-2010, 01:01 PM
that shit is 2:15 legit looked like 06 in the barca days.

2:58 some more naaasty skill.

no look to pippo at 3:30

dinho could have had 4 other assists.

OG4LHU5Zqz4

thanks man, was looking on youtube for bit, and just ended up watching loads of other Ronaldinho no look passes and skills from back in the days, lol.

That was one hell of an opening game from Milan, they look more determined.

whitey
08-31-2010, 03:37 PM
robinho officially at AC.

hunteelar to schakle for 13 mil. boriello to roma on loan for 2 mil, option to buy for 12 more if they want.

look out.

ironmantis
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
I read that was gonna happen the other day. And even though I was happy to see Robinho link up with Pato, Ibra & Dinho, I think Milan took a slight step backwards loaning (probably will become permanent) out a good young player in Boriello to a rival team. Just my opinion.

You can see Milan have been in transition lately, trying to get all their young players a lot of playing time on the pitch, I just don't want to see them get rid of their young players as that's what got them in trouble in the first place a few years ago.

Can't say i'm not excited to see the Brazilian trio attacking teams, with Ibra, Pirlo and Seedorf or Prince supporting, it's gotta hurt teams, lol.

HANZO
08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
good transfers by Milan.

they got Ibra, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Pato as their attacking force. highly impressive. Serie A should be good this season.

FrenchShin
08-31-2010, 04:25 PM
silvio must have cashed out some serious dough on the last day... ibra and robinho's salary could sink most of the clubs' budgets.
it's pretty impressive for the champions league, but their defense doesn't match their attack. maybe this winter...

whitey
08-31-2010, 07:11 PM
I read that was gonna happen the other day. And even though I was happy to see Robinho link up with Pato, Ibra & Dinho, I think Milan took a slight step backwards loaning (probably will become permanent) out a good young player in Boriello to a rival team. Just my opinion.

You can see Milan have been in transition lately, trying to get all their young players a lot of playing time on the pitch, I just don't want to see them get rid of their young players as that's what got them in trouble in the first place a few years ago.

Can't say i'm not excited to see the Brazilian trio attacking teams, with Ibra, Pirlo and Seedorf or Prince supporting, it's gotta hurt teams, lol.

robinho 26 > borriello 28

i like borriello, he can hold the ball up well and has good feet for a bigger striker. i would have preferred to keep him as a sub for ibra, but 2 forwards in, 2 out i suppose. the four of them plus pippo is a great attacking force.

borriello scored some fantastic goals last year, but it was still only 15 or so for milan last year. he is not quite at the level to lead the line at a world class club. he would be a very good striker for a mid-level/lower table club though.

whitey
08-31-2010, 07:28 PM
silvio must have cashed out some serious dough on the last day... ibra and robinho's salary could sink most of the clubs' budgets.
it's pretty impressive for the champions league, but their defense doesn't match their attack. maybe this winter...

getting ibra for 24, and robinho for between 12-18 million (ive read conflicting reports). selling hunty for 13 and borriello for 15 (2 now, 13 next year if roma want to buy him, if not he will be sold to someone for around there). losing their salaries, and making ibra and binho take pay cuts, id say milan were extremely frugal and disciplined in their transfers. they are the antithesis of man city and real madrid right now.

not to mention they have 8 verterans on the final year of their contracts that will open up 80 million in payroll next year which will allow them to sign some good young talent i think they are on the right track.

as far as the defense, agreed it is certainly not as strong as the attack, with the wingbacks being particularly weakspots, but the players there are not bad. antonini has great pace and attacks well enough, zambrotta is still decent although on the decline, not a big bonera or oddo fan. but nesta and silva are still one of the best center back pairings in the world. i can think of maybe only a couple other clubs with a better duo back there. they also brough in yepes and socrates who are good backups. own-goal machine kaldaze and american statue gooch are also on the bench. so they certainly have depth their at least.

the mid is also deeper than last year with seedorf, pirlo, ambro, gattuso, prince, abate, and flamini to rotate in.

all in all i think milan can go far if they gel quickly.

ironmantis
09-01-2010, 07:55 AM
robinho 26 > borriello 28

i like borriello, he can hold the ball up well and has good feet for a bigger striker. i would have preferred to keep him as a sub for ibra, but 2 forwards in, 2 out i suppose. the four of them plus pippo is a great attacking force.

borriello scored some fantastic goals last year, but it was still only 15 or so for milan last year. he is not quite at the level to lead the line at a world class club. he would be a very good striker for a mid-level/lower table club though.

lol, you got me on that one. I guess I should have checked my facts. I would have thought Borriello was younger than Robinho as it seems Robinho has been around for quite a while. I did like him though, even though he didn't score lots of goals, he did score spectacular goals and important ones.

I guess they must have got rid of Mancini, unless he was just a short term option?

I am actually happy that they are playing their young wing backs as it's giving them valueable experience whilst Milan is in transition, instead of giving more time to maybe Oddo and Jankulovski. Plus, Abatti is a running machine on the right, when he plays, just not brilliant at defending yet.

The player that I liked the look who played in the Emirates Cup was Alexander Merkel, he run around like blue ass fly, sort of like a gattuso, a good player for the future hopefully.

Tage
09-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Fuck an international break... Fuck England... Fuck Spain.

I need to place a bet that Gerrard and Torres come back injured.

RALPH WIGGUM
09-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Gerrard seems motivated though, they better put him forward like they did against Hungary. Damn that was a nice game, Stevie G at his top. And the way he celebrates to encourage the team, I don't know why they didn't make him the captain in the first place before terry and Ferdinand.

In other news, the French team is still a joke.

whitey
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Fuck an international break... Fuck England... Fuck Spain.

I need to place a bet that Gerrard and Torres come back injured.

for fucking real yo. one game in to Serie A and then an international break. wtf. i wanna see ro ro pa ib!!!

Tage
09-02-2010, 01:58 PM
It's annoying... nothing seems to be planned between fifa, the fa and uefa.

I'd rather watch a Liverpool epl match than an England euro qualifier, for a tournament that is two years away.

They need a better cycle, and to shorten the qualifiers down to at most a year... or have a big break where all the qualifiers are played, rather than stringing them out with friendlies in between.

...if Torres comes back injured again, Liverpool are fucked (we failed to sign a decent back-up for 'Nando). We should have signed Fernando Llorente Torres.

HANZO
09-04-2010, 07:43 PM
wow France lost to Belarus and Portugal drew with Cyprus.

England looked good but i still believe this England team is done.

anyone see the goal by Hamit Altintop for Turkey in our game against Kazakhstan?? fucking epic goal. best iv ever seen scored in a Turkey shirt.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-04-2010, 08:42 PM
getting sick of international football now. Means nothing to me. This qualification system is a joke to me. Why the fuck do we have to interrupt a season to watch teams like san marino and faore islands and co get beat 7-0?

whitey
09-05-2010, 11:34 PM
fucking super goal.

92v1mQgz2Wg

shit was a drawn up play too, i dont think the coach would have ever thought it was going to work out like that!!

too bad for hamit it was against Kazakhstan and not in the CL or something, but i suppose doing on the training pitch would still have been better than most people have ever done!

RALPH WIGGUM
09-06-2010, 04:40 AM
Actually, France-Belarus was a satisfying game, they played well for their level, they did what they could, people just have to undersatnd France isn't a good team anymore. And when you think about it, before 1998 it wasn't either. Its good to have youngsters too, M'vila seems like a good player.

Impressive start for England, hope it doesn't turn out like the world cup.

Tage
09-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Switzerland 1 - 3 England... Good shit!
Argentina 3 - 0 Spain (Reina in goal)... Bad shit!!!

Also, the fact that one of the goals he conceded was another of his blunders... (i think, just from a quick highlight on tv) BAD SHIT!.. FUCKS SAKE PEPE!

HANZO
09-07-2010, 04:00 PM
im watching the Argentina - Spain game and it was a huge blunder by Reina. he missed kicked a back pass and Tevez scored. Argentina are raping Spain.

very good result for England, looks like they will qualify with relative ease. i think Montenegro might be their toughest opposition.

Turkey shit as always but we won so it dont matter.

Scotland where fucking lucky and the ref shouldnt have given 7 minutes of stoppage time in that game. he saved them from embarrassment. unlucky for Liechtenstein.

RALPH WIGGUM
09-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Nice result for England.

Great game from France, 2-0 against Bosnia, its a cool younger team, doesn't mean they'll qualify but its still much better than before. Well deserved win. Good thing Benzema's here.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I was on Maracana yesterday, watching the Serbia:Slovenia game, it was an entertaining game, 1:1. Can't wait to see Birsa in Champions League [Auxerre].

This is the best attack and the worst defence we ever had. Still, a draw in Serbia is a good result. There were some crazy incidents, the craziest being a fight in the VIP lodge.

Tage
09-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Veira(free-on loan) scoring in Man City's 1-1 with Blackburn yesterday... how ironic.

I had a £6 accumulator on 5 games, including Man City and United to win - Everton were lucky, but city just pathetic. Cunt.

A Liverpool win today will throw us up the table into 4th spot... with Blackpool.

Rame
09-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I just started watching the Premier League a couple of weeks ago. It comes on right after our own league. I wish BBC would show a little more of every match though.

Tage
09-12-2010, 10:54 AM
HT @ St. Andrew's... 0-0 Birmingham/Liverpool
...should be 2-0 to Brum, if not for Pepe - he's back on form.

The Birmingham supporters are fucking SCUM! Shouting "wanker" at their own player... and the England captain. Do they think this is WWF or something?

2nd half, Liverpool's defence is in the Birmingham end... fuck!

Tage
09-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Liverpool were lucky not to lose... credit to Pepe Reina.

Fucks sake!... Hodgson shouldn't have started 2 defensive mids.

Krimewave
09-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Can't see anyone scoring a better goal than Berbatov's yesterday in the EPL this season.
If you're smart, put some cash money on it now before the odds get too short...

Krimewave
09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
The Birmingham supporters are fucking SCUM! Shouting "wanker" at their own player... and the England captain.

To be fair, Stephen Gerrard is a wanker.

RALPH WIGGUM
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Fair result for Stoke-West Ham.
Liverpool deserved at least a draw. Nice free kick from Gerrard.

Krimewave
09-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Liverpool deserved at least a draw. Nice free kick from Gerrard.

You're obviously not referring to the game at Old Trafford, because United played them off the park.
Could easily have finished 4 or 5 - 0 to Utd.

HANZO
09-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Liverpool have been mediocre so far this season. Man Utd out played them but it was a good comeback to make it 2-2. but yeah we suck.

dont matter cause Chelsea winning it this year and nobody is going to stop them.

RALPH WIGGUM
09-21-2010, 05:45 PM
West Ham United end more than 13 months without an away win with a Carling Cup victory at Sunderland.

whitey
09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Liverpool have been mediocre so far this season. Man Utd out played them but it was a good comeback to make it 2-2. but yeah we suck.

dont matter cause Chelsea winning it this year and nobody is going to stop them.

yea chelskis just dusting mother fuckers. on pace for a redick amount of goals.

pools gonna be in even more shit if hicks gets the club, torres and pepe be out for sure. will turn lp into a midlevel club!!

Djaminha
09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Liverpool hahahahahaha

I wonder when all the Liverpool glory hunters will start to flock to buy man city shirts from JJB? hmmmmm

whitey
09-22-2010, 10:05 PM
milan another tie. weak. allegri is killing me. he keeps playing seedorf and he keeps being absolutely useless. this is with having ROBINHO on the bench. slide prince back in the mid, hes beasting this year, and put binho up top till pato is ready again.

ironmantis
09-23-2010, 03:01 PM
milan another tie. weak. allegri is killing me. he keeps playing seedorf and he keeps being absolutely useless. this is with having ROBINHO on the bench. slide prince back in the mid, hes beasting this year, and put binho up top till pato is ready again.

I think seedorf is not playing his best at the moment, but imo, the worst culprit in the team is from Pirlo.

It pains me to say it as I have enjoyed watching his magic over the years, but he hasn't really played a decent ball in a while on a consistent basis, he gives the ball away alot with long balls over the top and he runs back slowly not covering ground to help defend which is why they leave alot of space at the back.

Plus all the woeful defending on the wings, it's not looking good.

The only hope I think they have is when the forward line is firing on all cylinders free of injury and they score more goals then Milan let in. let's hope anyway, lol.

whitey
09-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I think seedorf is not playing his best at the moment, but imo, the worst culprit in the team is from Pirlo.

It pains me to say it as I have enjoyed watching his magic over the years, but he hasn't really played a decent ball in a while on a consistent basis, he gives the ball away alot with long balls over the top and he runs back slowly not covering ground to help defend which is why they leave alot of space at the back.

Plus all the woeful defending on the wings, it's not looking good.

The only hope I think they have is when the forward line is firing on all cylinders free of injury and they score more goals then Milan let in. let's hope anyway, lol.

totally agree.

pirlo is not playing much defense and is not contributing much of anything to the offense. i cant even remember the last time he scored a free kick.

Rame
09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
HAHA, Spurs - Twente is one of the craziest matches I've seen in a while.

Spurs took 3 penalties this far, Van der Vaart sent of 60 minutes in + missed a penalty.

Tage
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Liverpool hahahahahaha

I wonder when all the Liverpool glory hunters will start to flock to buy man city shirts from JJB? hmmmmm

haha what?... Liverpool glory hunters? ...from 2005, Istanbul?

'pool will get back in shape soon enough... Hodgson has to pull his finger out, else when a new buyer comes in O'Neill will get appointed.

Fuck Man City. Fake-ass 3 star wearing cunts. oh no, "it's only for decoration".

Rame
09-30-2010, 12:30 PM
They need to step their game up against Utrecht. :mmmyah:

Tage
09-30-2010, 12:54 PM
^well that's pretty hard to do since Hodgson insists on playing Poulsen and Lucas in front of the back four - with no intelligent, creative presence in the centre of the field to provide for Torres. He has Meireles, who still trying to adapt to life at Liverpool, playing wide on the right, when his best position is central.

Liverpool should be down 1-0. Half time and it's 0-0... this is shocking.

Any Liverpool fan could do a better job than Hodgson at the moment... it's sickening.

---

One of the casting directors for films such as, Bourne Ultimatum (and others, I forget)... is making a film to get Hicks & Gillete out of the club and inspire a new buyer to step forward.

^Mike Myers and Samuel L. Jackson are confirmed to be a part of it too, as they're fanatic Liverpool supporters.

Source - http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/?p=22359

Tage
09-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Pathetic. One sub at 80mins, and it was Maxi for Cole.

He's still managing like he was at Fulham - Playing for the draw.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Anybody saw the Termineto'o? :D

MaskedAvenger
10-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Who needs Ibra when you have Eto'o

whitey
10-02-2010, 07:18 PM
who needs eto'o when you have the pirlo?

oamkXWtiYAs

HANZO
10-03-2010, 10:55 AM
i just cant believe how shit liverpool are. lost 2-1 to Blackpool at Anfield. the team is an absolute mess at the moment. Hodgson needs to go.

whitey
10-03-2010, 12:22 PM
liverpool does blow. pretty sad with the players they have. they arent on the caliber to win the league but they should be in the 4-7 range easily. torres is gonna leave this summer no doubt.

Buzk
10-03-2010, 01:46 PM
who needs eto'o when you have the pirlo?

oamkXWtiYAs

ahh yehhs, I have high hopes for Milan in CL this year

Tage
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
i just cant believe how shit liverpool are. lost 2-1 to Blackpool at Anfield. the team is an absolute mess at the moment. Hodgson needs to go.

I would genuinely love to see Rafa come back after watching todays match. Either that or King Kenny.... or even Martin O'Neill, I would love.

Hodgson is pathetic. What the fuck does he do...? Any Liverpool fan could have inspired the team more, and made better tactical decisions. People were joking that we wouldn't win, and the only sub would be made at 80 minutes, being Maxi for Cole....

...It was worse, we lost and Maxi came on for Cole past 85 minutes.

FUCK OFF, HODGSON - this isn't Fulham.

liverpool does blow. pretty sad with the players they have. they arent on the caliber to win the league but they should be in the 4-7 range easily. torres is gonna leave this summer no doubt.

We should be in the top 4, easily, with the players we have. I really, really hope Torres doesn't leave. But if it stays like this, I wouldn't be annoyed at Gerrard if he left.

Hopefully this Hollywood/Anfield film will persuade some rich Middle Eastern guy to buy the club. Mike Myers and Sam Jackson would be the clincher... but I can just see some American fag, without any clue about the Premier League, or football in general, investing.

Krimewave
10-04-2010, 06:51 AM
We should be in the top 4, easily, with the players we have.

Really?
I can think of 5 teams off the dome with better squads than Liverpool's right now.

Chelsea
Man Utd
Man Shitty
Arsenal
Tottenham

You should be in the top 6 easily, anything above that is a bonus if you ask me.

Tage
10-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Dear Mr. Hicks,

RO55BazkiZ4

Yours sincerely,
The Anfield Faithful.

HANZO
10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
the guy who owns the Boston Red Sox is going to buy Liverpool. from one Yank to another. dont think this will work either.

Krimewave
10-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Dear Mr. Hicks,

RO55BazkiZ4

Yours sincerely,
The Anfield Faithful.

word, I hope they had a phlegm proof lens on that camera.

Tage
10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
the guy who owns the Boston Red Sox is going to buy Liverpool. from one Yank to another. dont think this will work either.

^John Henry and the New England Sports Ventures sound a lot more promising than Hicks & Gillette ever did.

NESV bought the Red Sox and within a couple of years won them their first world series in almost a century. They seem to be passionate about sport, and at least they are intending to buy the club with their own money. Anything is better than H&G.

Hicks even tried to get his own son on the board, so that he would wave the vote in favour of himself 3:2... amazing.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-07-2010, 12:52 PM
The Red Sox president is an excellent idea, the dude knows how to run a BIG CLUB...

HANZO
10-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Germany 3 - 0 Turkey

we got FUCKED, was funny cause it was more like a home game cause the Berlin olympic stadium had around 50,000 Turks. but still got fucked. even that traitor Ozil scored fucking cunt, he should just change his name to Adolf and get it over and done with, lol.

anyway Hiddinks been in charge of the team for a good couple of months now and its clear that he aint picking the squad, his assistant has a massive influence on who gets in the sqaud and its just the same out of form players as before. our squad is full of the old 2008 squad but these players are now all bench warmers.

in todays game our players were just watching and it seemed as if Hiddink gave preference to players born in Germany just for the sake of it. there was also a sense that we didnt go out to win, everyone was content with losing. Hiddink made it clear in the post match press conference saying the loss was normal and expected. i still dont see any benefit in fielding a 34 year old Brazilian in our squad. its stupid.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-09-2010, 07:15 AM
Everything goes around Ozil nowadays. First time I saw him was two years ago and in that time he became one of the best midfielders in Europe. I understand why you, Han, don't like him, but myself, as an outside observator, love to see him play.

Also, Slovenia beat Faroe Islands 5:1. It's embarrasing that we got a goal in the dying seconds...otherwise, Slovenia have Iličić, Birsa and Matav˛ [the latter scored a hattrick last night] creating in attack. In tuesday we play against Estonia, who surprisingly beat Serbia on their turf. Then, the next game is against Italy, and I can't wait. Iličić already scored three goals in Seria A [+one against Palermo before he signed for them], one goal against Inter, and one against Juventus. ILLičić is going to shock the Italians some more, I think.

Tage
10-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Hungary beat San Marino 8-0... nice.

I fucking hate international qualifiers, 2 years away from only a Euro tournament.
It's all a ruse by the FA to keep Liverpool in the relegation zone for as long as possible.

HANZO
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
LMAO!!!! we just lost 1-0 to Azerbaijan. Its official Turkish football is finished. back to the 80's when we lost 8-0 to England on the regular and went crazy when we drew with San Marino.

what a sad sad team.

whitey
10-12-2010, 12:38 PM
^ that is pretty poor for sure.

italy are still trying to find their way.

they really need super mario to start playing. i dont know why g.rossi isn't being called into the team. they really lack attacking options. right now their is just a bit of a lack of star players. the whole attack revolves around cassano, and he can be magical but a bit inconsistent at the top level. i would like to see giovinco playing on the national team, hes been doing well for parma. juve are retards for letting him go.

whitey
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
serb fans are fucking causing a rawkus today. kickoff was delayed. now they are in another delay after only 7 minutes into the game.

HANZO
10-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Italy - Serbia game postponed. Serb fans raid the pitch.

Djaminha
10-12-2010, 04:36 PM
What the fuck?

I thought hiddink would be doing much better. Turkey have have too good a team not to be qualifying for tournemants. Arda needs to be playing for a elite european club.

HANZO
10-12-2010, 07:31 PM
What the fuck?

I thought hiddink would be doing much better. Turkey have have too good a team not to be qualifying for tournemants. Arda needs to be playing for a elite european club.

fact is we are just shit. we havent got good players at all, and if we do we wont pick them for the team. Hiddink so far doesnt pick the team but his assistant does. so he goes and picks players from the big 3 Istanbul clubs. these players dont even play for their own clubs, they dont get chosen for the national team cause they are good and on-form, but cause of the team they play for.

Arda has talent but he is majorly overhyped. he hasnt developed his game since 2008. has no work ethic. he wouldnt make the bench for any elite euro club.

like i said its back to the 80's where we used to go crazy after drawing 0-0 with Iceland. i think Hiddink should just resign cause he said it himself today that now his reputation is on the line.

Tage
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
John W. Henry and New England Sports Ventures are the new owners of Liverpool FC.

YES!

Hicks & Gillette aren't bowing out gracefully, though. They're suing the club and NESV for £1bn in damages. haha!

I've got a four-fold bet on the weekend for Man United, Chelsea, Man City and LIVERPOOL to all win their games. Everton are(were at the time I placed the bet) favourites to win the derby, so the odds are high!

HANZO
10-15-2010, 12:00 PM
feels good to get rid of Hicks and Gillette, i cant believe they can show the nerve to sue for 1bn, its fucking ridiculous. they have no damn pride, they managed to run one of the worlds most successful Sporting Franchises into the ground in just a few years. They still acting as if the club owes them something.

Tage
10-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Apparently the team for the derby on Sunday is going to include the inevitable downfall of Hodgson - POULSEN & LUCAS in DM.

If this is true, and we lose... Please, Mr. Henry, please... appoint a new manager. Prefferably "King" Kenny Dalglish.

Tage
10-15-2010, 12:37 PM
i cant believe they can show the nerve to sue for 1bn, its fucking ridiculous.

news has just come through that they've dropped the lawsuit (probably been advised to do so).

:cheerlie:

whitey
10-15-2010, 03:48 PM
good for liverpool. cant wait for weds massive tilt of the two winningest clubs in european football. Milanese v. real. took the day off from work. whoop woooo.

Tage
10-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I've got a four-fold bet on the weekend for Man United, Chelsea, Man City and LIVERPOOL to all win their games. Everton are(were at the time I placed the bet) favourites to win the derby, so the odds are high!

What a joke... seen that ManUre were 2-0 up... then check again and it's 2-2 (well done, West Brom). hahahahahahaha fucks sake... I feel so dirty that I was wanting ManUre to score.

:slutty:

Buzk
10-17-2010, 02:36 PM
aww poor liverpool :/, things will probably work themselves out eventually now that they have new owners and all that.

Milanese v. real. took the day off from work. whoop woooo.

same here, cant wait. just got the proper channels hooked up too, so no more streaming cl matches from the net.

whitey
10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
aww poor liverpool :/, things will probably work themselves out eventually now that they have new owners and all that.

same here, cant wait. just got the proper channels hooked up too, so no more streaming cl matches from the net.

milans offense is looking good. pato is so dangerous every time hes on the ball. silva got hurt towards the end of the chievo game, hopefully he is fit for tuesday. i dont want him playing bonera, hes really needs to go. i say give yepes the start.

gattuso has been suprising me this year, playing much better than the past couple years. i hope prince starts in the mid instead of seedorf though.

hopefully ibra steps up in a big game, he can disappear in them sometimes.

HANZO
10-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Madrid just seemed abit too strong for Milan. maybe if Seedorf didnt miss the chance in the first half would have been a different game.

Madrid getting better every game.

Roma lost 3-1 at home to Basel. thats just dirty.

Buzk
10-19-2010, 09:50 PM
^the game was a disappointment from Milans side, the two goals could have easily been avoided, nonetheless its safe to say that Real Madrid controlled the whole match. i have a feeling Mourinho and madrid will reach far this year

whitey
10-19-2010, 10:13 PM
yea allegri fucked the tactics.

you can't player 3 guys up top who rarely defend, along with three midfielders all in their 30s to defend against a midfield and forward line up of some of the best players in the world at their mid and lower 20s.

i have really lost all patience with seedorf. he moved out of the way when in the wall today and let that freekick of ronaldos in the goal basically.

then he misses milans best chance besides pirlos free kick, not even hitting the goal.

he is constantly losing possession, making poor passes, and then not defending with tenacity when needed. at least gattuso is constantly giving 100% effort when he is in the game.

milan really need to start playing prince and flamini.

althought both of reals goals were fluky they had numerous other good chances.

i think it will be between Real and Chelsea this year. hopefully they are not matched up early in the knock out round.

whitey
10-19-2010, 10:26 PM
rooney is saying he wants out of manchester. i hope he leaves and goes to city. i fucking hate united and all their gay fanboys. that would be a great way to stick it to them, cause man u's demise and really get city going.

Tage
10-20-2010, 06:52 AM
rooney is saying he wants out of manchester. i hope he leaves and goes to city. i fucking hate united and all their gay fanboys. that would be a great way to stick it to them, cause man u's demise and really get city going.

...Man United's fanboys are gay... and City's aren't? Anywhere but City (preferably Liverpool).

Anyone see the Ajax game, and the player who was warming up on the sidelines getting sent off... haha wtf?

whitey
10-20-2010, 01:43 PM
...Man United's fanboys are gay... and City's aren't? Anywhere but City (preferably Liverpool).

Anyone see the Ajax game, and the player who was warming up on the sidelines getting sent off... haha wtf?

city hasnt won anything for them to have fanboys in the states yet.

nah i didnt see that ajax game thats funny.

but i did see that suarez scored again. i wonder what big club hes going to?

and be serious tage, rooney (claims at least) man u is not being ambitious enough. (the real reason is probably some personal shit) but just going on that liverpool is definatly not the club to be going to atm!!!

Tage
10-20-2010, 05:31 PM
^their fanboys are in England... including my brother-in-law. not only do they buy their success, but they have stars over their club's crest for... "decoration".

...and, yeah, I know Rooney won't come to 'pool - but I would love it... he is a scouser, you know.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Everton players won't go to L'pool...has that ever happened? I think not in the last 20 years.

Inter controlled the first half against Tottenham, then Stanković gets injured and Bale suddenly have a lot of space...

Rame
10-21-2010, 03:41 AM

I'm glad that French guy got sent off for his hands-goal. They seem to like scoring that way.

Too bad Tottenham didn't win.

Tage
10-21-2010, 07:55 AM
Roy Hodgson is a fucking idiot.

He's saying that Liverpool could be vulnerable from a poaching attack on Torres from Man United. Why does he say this shit in press conferences? He's such a twat.

Shut up and get out, Roy.

The worst manager, on and off the field, Liverpool have seen for decades.

RALPH WIGGUM
10-21-2010, 09:03 AM
...and, yeah, I know Rooney won't come to 'pool - but I would love it... he is a scouser, you know.

lol yeah but his former neighbours would probably be quite mad at him if he went to Liverpool

whitey
10-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Everton players won't go to L'pool...has that ever happened? I think not in the last 20 years.

Inter controlled the first half against Tottenham, then Stanković gets injured and Bale suddenly have a lot of space...

inter stopped giving 100% effort. they thought they had it won. (well which they did, but 4-1 looks a lot better than 4-3.

i wonder how long bale will stay at tottenham or if he'll get bought up by a bigger club.

Tage
10-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Frank Rijkaard is rumoured to be in line for Hodgson's job... apparently it's Roy's last game tonight!!! that would be amazing! apparently two of the star players don't want to play under Hodgson anymore, and since Torres and Gerrard haven't flown to Italy... no guesses for who it is... though I doubt Gerrard has said that.

He doesn't want to go out with a bang.. the team he's selected for Napoli is pathetic.

Krimewave
10-21-2010, 06:39 PM
What's blue and fucks old ladies?

Wayne Rooney in his new Man City top.

HANZO
10-22-2010, 07:04 PM
lol Rooney what a fucking dickhead. 5 yr new contract.

whitey
10-22-2010, 11:41 PM
yea thats wack.

Krimewave
10-23-2010, 08:06 AM
He'll be leaving in the summer I reckon.

Singing the new contract suits everyone right now.
He can now ask for more wages when the time comes to leave and Utd get to ask for a higher transfer fee.
Meantime, he gets to see how things develop at City and Madrid.

Barcelona couldn't afford him or his wages right now, Chelsea wouldn't improve on the wages Utd offered him and Mourinho is happy with what he has right now (would prolly still buy him but would not offer him as high wages as he might in the summer if Rooney has a good season for Utd).
So, at the moment, City seemed his only realistic option.
I think he wants to avoid that if he can because of the obvious reasons (One being that City are cunts).
Also, I don't think he realised how much of a backlash there would be from the football world in general about him moving to babylon.

One thing worth remembering is that, no matter how much you hate Utd, Manchester City represent just about EVERYTHING that is wrong about modern football.

One thing's certain though, this saga is far from over.

HANZO
10-24-2010, 07:23 PM
PSV Eindhoven 10 - 0 Feyenoord.

lolzzzzz

whitey
10-24-2010, 09:51 PM
^thats really embarrassing. in no professional first division are you seeing 10-0 score lines. thats some sunday pub league shit.

especially to happen to a team like Feyenoord who were just winning the league and in champions league fairly recently.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-25-2010, 05:51 AM
^^^^as much embarrasing as Real losing to Alcocorn :D

MaskedAvenger
10-25-2010, 05:52 AM
Coutinho had a ripper game against Sampdoria. That kid is going to be one of the best around in a few years.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-25-2010, 05:59 AM
On the other side, I'd like to see more Pandev in the team, and less Biabiany...he's good, but too many times he slows things down when it should've been a blitzkrieg attack

whitey
10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Coutinho had a ripper game against Sampdoria. That kid is going to be one of the best around in a few years.

before that game every time i saw him he looked shit to me, but he defiantly showed some promise there thats for sure.

milan with the 2-1 win today in napoli to move into second place, but lavezzi scored a naaaasty scoop for the naples goal...

9aY3_MBYuyA

Djaminha
10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Amazing start from the Laziale, totally out of the blue. After the opening day defeat to Samp I just expected another inconsistent season, but been a great response. Mauri is totally reborn, Hernanes is just sensational, top 4 finish is a must if we want to keep hold of him. We're hardly ripping up trees, but getting the job done is something Lazio haven't done for years. However I'm still not gonna get too ahead of myself, Juventus, Inter and The Derby still too come, we'll soon see how good we actually are.

duotone
10-31-2010, 01:06 PM
bayern münchen has one foot in 1/8 final..
amazing!!! 3 matches equal 3 wins equal 9 pionts and 6 points ahead...

HANZO
10-31-2010, 04:53 PM
bayern münchen has one foot in 1/8 final..
amazing!!! 3 matches equal 3 wins equal 9 pionts and 6 points ahead...

not doing well in the Bundesliga though 7th and 9 points behind Dortmund.

Rame
10-31-2010, 05:20 PM
What's with the yellow balls in the Premier League?

duotone
10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
not doing well in the Bundesliga though 7th and 9 points behind Dortmund.
right... but they will make it... ribery returns next week and robben is recovering well... but we won the national championship 22 times... i wnat the european trophy now!!! *D

Djaminha
10-31-2010, 08:39 PM
What's with the yellow balls in the Premier League?
Usually comes in to play during winter months.

MaskedAvenger
10-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Another big win for Lazio away at Palermo even after Biava was sent off. If they can win the derby next week they will really be on a roll, although I'm not too surprised seeing the squad they have.

Rame
11-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Tottenham kicked ass today. Why didn't they do that against Man Utd? :p

HANZO
11-02-2010, 05:14 PM
cause its Man Utd and they score the most controversial goals in world football.

Tage
11-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Liverpool 2 - 0 Chelsea... that's right, fuckers...!

Amazing I had a bet on today..., for 'pool to win. Longest odds, ever, for Liverpool to win at Anfield.

FERNANDO TORRES!

Krimewave
11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
cause its Man Utd and they score the most controversial goals in world football.

Controversial, but perfectly legitimate.

Main reason Utd beat Spurs is because Utd are a far superior team.

yonder
11-14-2010, 04:10 PM
derby in milano... and thats why italian football sucks compared to la liga and premier league.

the manchesterderby the other week was boring but this game takes the fucking prize.

even the supporter/fans suck. you could even hear people sighing.

yonder
11-14-2010, 04:13 PM
nah that was maybe a little to hard on italian football.

but i was disappointed, surely you cant disagree.

Djaminha
11-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Serie A is better than La Liga for sure.

I dont know what the fuck you expected though, it was Allegri vs Benetiz.

never gonna be a classic

duotone
11-15-2010, 09:22 AM
italian football sucks balls... italian football sucks...

MaskedAvenger
11-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Manchester derby? ahah hardly. English football blows

whitey
11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
the manchester derby was wack.

yonder
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
yeah you can clearly see that i wrote that the manchesterderby was boring.

one of the two games the whole serie a will boil down to (most likely) must have been disappointed to you as well, right? i mean you cant just "defend" the serie A and just ignore the fact that it was an unusually boring game.

i knew i was gonna catch some heat when i attacked the serie A like that but when you are saying something that i already mentioned in my post to "get back at me" it seems kind of pathetic. yes im talking about the "the manchester derby was wack" and "Manchester derby? ahah hardly. English football blows"

i dont know if you are used to that kind of football but i was anticipating far much more than that type of football, you should see the next el classico or the next chelsea - man U.

i have to agree that La Liga is pretty shitty, i mean its uneven like fuck but it sure has some funny games in the top 4 - 5.

Rame
11-16-2010, 05:47 PM
This one was pretty funny, lol. Chelsea fans might not like it. :thumbup:

905Z5f-GYCA

RALPH WIGGUM
11-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Very entertaining England-France game, France played really good, even tho England had almost none of its big players and if they played the whole game like the last ten minutes they would've easily won.

HANZO
11-17-2010, 05:07 PM
England doesnt have 'big' players anymore. they all old and just aint effective at international level.

France has good highly talented young players, Blanc has changed alot since the summer and it only took a couple months for him to create a very dangerous team.

mikhail213
11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Lol @ my country loosing by 4-0 wit portugal

whitey
11-17-2010, 07:44 PM
yeah you can clearly see that i wrote that the manchesterderby was boring.

one of the two games the whole serie a will boil down to (most likely) must have been disappointed to you as well, right? i mean you cant just "defend" the serie A and just ignore the fact that it was an unusually boring game.

i knew i was gonna catch some heat when i attacked the serie A like that but when you are saying something that i already mentioned in my post to "get back at me" it seems kind of pathetic. yes im talking about the "the manchester derby was wack" and "Manchester derby? ahah hardly. English football blows"

i dont know if you are used to that kind of football but i was anticipating far much more than that type of football, you should see the next el classico or the next chelsea - man U.

i have to agree that La Liga is pretty shitty, i mean its uneven like fuck but it sure has some funny games in the top 4 - 5.

ya and i clearly said that game was wack, so whada fuck are you blowing cocks about? had nothing to do with "getting back at you". i dont give a shit what you feel on it, feel what u want.

the milan game wasnt disappointing, it was far better than the manchester one.

for one, my team won, and was winning the whole game so i dont really care. second they were playing well the first half so i was entertained.

the second half was more of holding down the ship but that doesnt mean it wasnt entertaining. they got the redcard and it wasnt shit football, it was quality defense.

a lot of english games are just shit football, its just entertaining because its 100mph pace. up and down, so there are theoretically more chances. the players are good, but the football being played is not.

serie A is much more tactical and crafted. watching milan play when they are having a good day is far better to watch than most any other team in europe beside maybe barca and real today.

ironmantis
11-18-2010, 08:56 AM
ya and i clearly said that game was wack, so whada fuck are you blowing cocks about? had nothing to do with "getting back at you". i dont give a shit what you feel on it, feel what u want.

the milan game wasnt disappointing, it was far better than the manchester one.

for one, my team won, and was winning the whole game so i dont really care. second they were playing well the first half so i was entertained.

the second half was more of holding down the ship but that doesnt mean it wasnt entertaining. they got the redcard and it wasnt shit football, it was quality defense.

a lot of english games are just shit football, its just entertaining because its 100mph pace. up and down, so there are theoretically more chances. the players are good, but the football being played is not.

serie A is much more tactical and crafted. watching milan play when they are having a good day is far better to watch than most any other team in europe beside maybe barca and real today.

cosign to the fullest.

duotone
11-18-2010, 09:12 AM
frank ribery is fit...
and when robben is recovered all leagues in europe will look up to the one and only fc bayern münchen (bavaria munic)...

the english league is the best... whatever you say...
how many top teams has italy?
inter and ?! juve? ac? what else? and the last were just good in football history...
spain? there is just real and barce who have top level...
england has manu, chelsea, arsenal and maybe liverpool...

so, the english league is the best...

btw the most underrated league in europe is the german one...
we have one top team and many good teams... but not this year...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-25-2010, 07:56 PM
currently the most interesting league is the german one. the english one is going to become better, like always, the italian is BAD currently, the spanish have the best two teams in the world, but that's that really.

SL33
11-29-2010, 04:05 PM
so apparently referee had a wu-tang jacket on during the el classico

Shogah
11-29-2010, 05:03 PM
^ lol, you serious?

Damn i felt bad for real.

I didn't watch the game, but i have a feeling that Ronaldo has difficulties with playing big matches. He shines on friendly game vs Spain but on the elimination game vs Spain on world cup he remains invisible on the pitch. He plays beautifully, and he can outplay any defender in the world, but he can't cope with the pressure on the big games.

He will never be the leader that is expected to be from the player of such caliber, although he still has space to evolve.

HANZO
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Real got raped.

Barca dominated and after the 2nd Real just got super frustrated and it was evident in the behaviour of the players. Ronaldo pushing Guardiola and shit.

whitey
11-29-2010, 09:51 PM
currently the most interesting league is the german one. the english one is going to become better, like always, the italian is BAD currently, the spanish have the best two teams in the world, but that's that really.

wera what are you judging the leagues on?

the top 4 in italy failed to win this weekend. i'd call that pretty good parity.

HANZO
12-02-2010, 09:50 AM
wow the world cup choices were bullshit.

Russia for 2018? England should have got it. but cant say much against Russia never had it before they can host it no problems.

but the biggest bullshit 2022 to Qatar. they dont even play football, not even a sporting nation. the 2022 should have gone to Australia cause you know the stadiums will fill up and they deserve it.

MaskedAvenger
12-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Typical corrupt FIFA

duotone
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
of course, qatar plays football...
look how good they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOpPrOby2QQ

RALPH WIGGUM
12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
^lmao

Typical corrupt FIFA

Yeah exactly its ridiculous

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-02-2010, 02:19 PM
italian teams got fucked in the Europa League. ;)

SL33
12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Nice one 4 Russia, but Qatar?? lolololo

Socrates92
12-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Not too bothered we (England) didn't get it and Russia deserve it considering they've never hosted it. But Qatar! Man what is that about, I'd be very surprised if there is no terrorist attack during that world cup.

By the way, don't suppose there are any fellow Charlton fans on here are there?

HANZO
12-02-2010, 06:59 PM
theres probably more chance of a terror attack in England instead of Qatar. all those gulf states pay off terror groups to keep off. but it will suck for foreign fans as alcohol is illegal.

i understand Fifa want to expand the game and that having it in the middle east would be a positive. but fucking Qatar?? one of the smallest middle eastern nations, it makes no sense. they plan to destroy the stadiums after the cup, these ppl are just throwing money around like its nothing. (typical Arabs i must say). in all honesty no middle eastern country is fit to host anything let alone the biggest sporting event in the world.

it will be cool to see how they implement their air-conditioned stadium technology though.

check two
12-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Not having alcohol at the games sounds like a good idea to me.

RALPH WIGGUM
12-04-2010, 08:37 AM
GfvtzM5Sm8c

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't know if it's already been said in here but i think the EPL should spend less money on footballers salaries and use more of that money on developing homegrown talent at the grassroots. That way we might have a better chance of winning the world cup and the euro cup.

I think the really talented footballing young uns are being cheated because their parents can't afford to pay for their kid's training and all that comes with training (training fees, kits, boots, going to watch live matches, etc).

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
kids living in heavily built up areas don't have anywhere to practice football on their own with their friends.

and then small kids have to worry about bigger kids mugging/robbing/thieving them of what little their parents can afford to buy them. so those kids parents don't let them play outside, just gotta sit indoors watching tv/play video games. and when they get older they might do the same to younger kids when they're old enough to go out on their own. nothing to do. nowhere to go but the streets.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-05-2010, 12:49 PM
if we end up with too many talented footballing/sporting kids we might have to have more teams made up. more players, more power, more chances, more games, more entertainment, more jobs, more money to go around, more people with good physical health, more teamwork, more, more, more.

less street crimes and perhaps less criminal activity.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
perhaps the country folk with some land can help out. we'll need coaches, more coaches, strips, trainers, socks, equipment, accessories.

i'm not just talking football, i'm talking all sports including the not so popular sports.

Rame
12-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Lol, this just happened:

E7-DCXa3UAg

HANZO
12-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Barcelona get their first propa shirt sponsor. biggest deal in sports history $200million for 5 years. its some Qatari foundation thats the sponsor. the Qatari's are spilling loads of money into football lately.

Socrates92
12-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Was at Charlton v Walsall today, we are 4th in the league, home to bottom of the league. We were absolutely dominated, lost 90% of the 50/50s, players didn't care, deserved to lose by 3 or 4, thanks for wasting my sunday afternoon :(

HANZO
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM
so it was reported that Inter sacked Benitez. obviously all Inter fans in the world rejoiced at this news. now its being reported that they actually havent.

aint really clear whats going on.

has anyone been watching Barca lately. honestly i think they could be the most entertaining team to watch of all time.

chiba
12-22-2010, 08:18 PM
^ leonardo as coach for inter now
lets see how that goes

barca beeen on point lately, hope pep doesnt leave

whitey
12-22-2010, 08:34 PM
thats wrong of leonardo. milanistas shouldnt ever mess with inter.

looks like sadly ronnie is out of milan and cassano is on his way in.

whitey
01-16-2011, 02:55 PM
o my ibra. please do yourself a favor and find the goal he just scored against lecce. pffffffffffff crack.

Socrates92
01-30-2011, 04:07 AM
Barca are simply incredible, 21 games played and they are on 58 points, that's unheard of.

Looking forward to seeing them dominated Arsenal next month.

HANZO
01-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Barca are simply incredible, 21 games played and they are on 58 points, that's unheard of.

Looking forward to seeing them dominated Arsenal next month.

yeah its insane, Real lost on the weekend and its like they have lost the title cause it aint lik Barca gonna give up any points.

Torres to Chelsea apparently, not a done deal yet but that sucks for Liverpool. we got Suarez and are gonna sign Andy Carroll for £35million which is just crazy. English football is ridiculous, it was madness that Bent got sold for £24million but Carroll worth £35million. lol.

anyway Freddy Adu fell from grace quickly didnt he? the Great American Hype, he now got loaned out to a Turkish second division side.

Shogah
02-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Fernando Tores just moved to chelsea and in return liverpool brought Suarez and Andy Carrol. Great choice, liverpool finally brought some decent player to the club. Torres is in a class of his own, but since he got injured he hasn't been the same player and it was good choice to sell him cause suarez and carrol are more than enough to replace him.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Milan:Tottenham is going to be funny. A lot of people injured...

whitey
02-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Milan:Tottenham is going to be funny. A lot of people injured...

yea milan was without like 12 first teamers the other day bc of injury. hopefully bale misses the first leg.

Socrates92
02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Was at Charlton v Colchester on Tuesday night. An hour in Colchester scored. The ref blew his whistle just before the shot, so all our (Charlton) players stopped. The ref assumed the lino was putting his flag up for offside but he didn't, so he had to disallow the goal. Then the Colchester players went nuts as there was nothing wrong with the goal so he allowed it. Then the 4th official said that because he had blown his whistle he couldn't allow the goal to stand so he disallowed it AGAIN. Never seen anything like it before.

Watch it here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/colchester_united/9385022.stm

We won 1-0 in the end :)

whitey
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
leo messi on 40 goals for the season at the start of February!!!!

idk if it is messi (and in turn barca, it makes life easy to play with awesome teammates) is that good or the rest of la liga is shit and quite easy for him to score.

i think its somewhere in between. but more leaning to the fact that messi is really really good.

however, he needs to do this in the world cup and a CL final or two or there will always be some doubters.

HANZO
02-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Ronaldo has retired from football. the greatest striker of our generation without a doubt sad to see him hang up his boots but its probably the right decision.

tidileboss
02-15-2011, 04:48 AM
so sad, he was the greatest

Socrates92
02-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Dunno if anyone watched the AC Milan Tottenham game last night, was pretty comical.

Gattuso nutted one of the Spurs staff, LAD.

Arsenal Barca last night should be a great game.

MaskedAvenger
02-16-2011, 09:08 AM
I watched it, Gattuso fiasco was hilarious

Socrates92
02-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Lol at Arsenal today, major screw up between the keeper and centre back in the last minute gifting Birmingham the winner.

HANZO
02-27-2011, 06:40 PM
should have put money on Birmingham today, fucking missed out.

odd news i read about the other day, shocking in the football world. Del Piero has offered to sign a 'blank' contract with Juve so he can end his playing career there. meaning he will play for no money.

Well done to Del boy, must say all these years with Juve. back in the day he had the chance to make big money moves to Real or Man U. while most players would have left after Juve got demoted he stayed on. now he has offered to play for free.

whitey
02-28-2011, 03:34 PM
milan dusted napoli today 3-0. woooooo kiiiid.

check two
03-02-2011, 10:37 AM
This dude got some real issues.

--Mascot owl in Colombia goes into shock and dies

BOGOTA, Colombia – The mascot owl that was kicked by a soccer player is dead, with the apologetic perpetrator ordered to pay the bird's medical bills and do volunteer work at a zoo.

The owl, a good-luck charm for the Colombian team Atletico Junior, was kicked by an opposing player during a game Sunday in Barranquilla.

The bird had been expected to recover from what were thought minor injuries, including a small fracture of its right leg. But Veterinarian Camilo Tapia said the owl went into shock after it was brought in for treatment.

The owl had the bad luck to be hit by a ball and landed near the corner of the field. Deportivo Pereira defender Luis Moreno walked over and kicked the bird about three yards to get it off the field. He did not know it was the home team's mascot. Fans at the game responded with cries of "murderer, murderer."

"I want to apologize to the fans," Moreno said after the game, a 2-1 victory by Atletico Junior. "I was not trying to hurt the owl. I did it to see if it would fly. What I wanted to do was get it off the field. The kick was a product of tension on the field at the time."

Humberto Mendoza, the director of agency overseeing environmental issues in Barranquilla, said he was investigating possible sanctions against Moreno.

"We are gathering information to determine the level of aggression," Mendoza said.

Mendoza said Moreno would have to pay the cost of treating the owl and visit a local zoo for volunteer work.

Officials for Deportivo Pereira and Colombia's soccer federation said Moreno also could face a suspension or fine.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-13-2011, 09:54 AM
hahhahahhahahha

http://www.shrani.si/f/16/Tr/251oxor2/france-owned.jpg

whitey
03-13-2011, 12:03 PM
haha.

those real?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-13-2011, 12:30 PM
yup. big up to all the irish people making fun out there

whitey
03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
was that before or after henry's handball?

GhettoGnom
03-13-2011, 05:33 PM
leo messi on 40 goals for the season at the start of February!!!!

idk if it is messi (and in turn barca, it makes life easy to play with awesome teammates) is that good or the rest of la liga is shit and quite easy for him to score.

i think its somewhere in between. but more leaning to the fact that messi is really really good.
It'a mostly Messi. Greatest player on earth!

He definitely wouldn't have scored that much in premier league though. La Liga is more technical, and less physical, so it fits him better.

Dunno if anyone watched the AC Milan Tottenham game last night, was pretty comical.

Gattuso nutted one of the Spurs staff, LAD.

Arsenal Barca last night should be a great game.

Saw the second game, and got damn Tottenham was lucky to make it.. Milan dominated the entire game.

With that said, Prince is a got damn pussy. Diving everytime anyone slightly touches him, fucking shameful.

Socrates92
03-13-2011, 09:29 PM
was that before or after henry's handball?

Before, it has the dates on the letters and the date of the Henry handball was November 18th 2009.

whitey
03-13-2011, 09:36 PM
ya i saw the dates but i wasnt quite sure of when the game was because i knew it was a playoff and was a little later than most games. no doubt.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm so happy for Inter just now, but I know my man from Australia is gonna be pissed

RALPH WIGGUM
03-17-2011, 11:25 AM
lol these letters are hilarious, obviously fake tho

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-24-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/match/56097/slovenia-vs-italy/preview

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2011/03/24/2409584/slovenia-italy-special-is-zlatko-zahovic-right-in-thinking-hosts-

Slovenia is probably going to win at home. 1:0, Italy just isn't that good right now.

whitey
03-24-2011, 07:16 PM
wouldnt be surprised. they are in a down period. they're two best players are mental.

need another golden generation to come up through the ranks.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-26-2011, 06:04 PM
damn...even tho Mauri played for I don't know what reason, Italy was playing like champion

Slovenia was shit, catastrophe

duotone
03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
em-qualification for germany is almost done...
ger - kasachtsan 4:0 !
7points in front!

the netherlands are strong at the time...
they got an amazing team with robben, van der vart, van bommel, snejder, van persie, huntelar, ... those players are incredible...
i think they got a chance for the championship this time!

MaskedAvenger
03-26-2011, 07:38 PM
damn...even tho Mauri played for I don't know what reason, Italy was playing like champion

Slovenia was shit, catastrophe

This new Italy can do great things by the time the next World Cup rolls around, Ranocchia, Santon, Balotelli, De Rossi, Chiellini, Rossi, Montolivo, Marchisio, Criscito, Aquilani, etc

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-27-2011, 06:58 AM
I'd never put De Rossi in the team again, tho. He stagnated with his play, it's a shame he never went to a bigger club...

duotone
03-27-2011, 07:08 AM
i dont think that italy is going to play a big role in the next euro or wolrdcup...
spain, netherlands and germany are the strongest in euro...
and when france would calm down and would play football instead of hating against each other, they could play a big role too...
look at those names... all of em are playing in euopes best teams... chelsea, barca, manu, arsenal, real, ...
bzw get well abidal... he got a livercancer...

HANZO
04-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Chelski out which means Ancelotti will also go.

cant believe there going to be 4 el clasico's in just one month. im gonna try my best to get a ticket for the el clasico semi final at the nou camp, already got tickets for the final at wembley (rip off by the way).

anyone else on the Napoli bandwagon? how dope would it be if they won serie A.

whitey
04-12-2011, 07:30 PM
carlo will probably be headed to roma.

what is the 4th el classico, i know its going down, but i dont know in what. 2 in the CL, 1 ? in the league. the other the spanish cup?

and i almost dont want to say this at the risk of jinxing milan, but if it was anyone but milan, it would be cool that napoli could do it.

ibra earns as much as there top 11 players i read today. jeeesh. cavani is killing it, i wonder how long he'll stick around. although napoli does have a certain nostalgia about it, being deigos former club and all.

HANZO
04-13-2011, 07:45 PM
yeah the other clasico is the cup final which is next week.

Cavani has been on fire for Napoli, they have genuinely been a great team to watch. last week in their away game apparently 15,000 Napoli fans went. most were Napoli fans outside of Italy so the whole nostalgia thing is big.

and lolzzz at Inter wat a disappointing season.

whitey
04-13-2011, 09:56 PM
yeah the other clasico is the cup final which is next week.

Cavani has been on fire for Napoli, they have genuinely been a great team to watch. last week in their away game apparently 15,000 Napoli fans went. most were Napoli fans outside of Italy so the whole nostalgia thing is big.

and lolzzz at Inter wat a disappointing season.

yea inter fucked up. but i can't blame them too much. not having samuel and lucio for key games hurts. they are two of the worlds top 15 center backs. there problems have been in defense. no brainer there.

Krimewave
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
The best two teams in Europe are in the European Cup Final.
That's 3 out of the last 4 years that's happened. That's cool as fuck.

I'm not saying that just because I support Man Utd either, I'd have said the best two teams in Europe last year were Barcelona and Chelsea, so that's the year the best two didn't make it.

MaskedAvenger
05-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Inter wiped the floor with Chelsea last year

Socrates92
05-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Charlton aren't in the final?

whitey
05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
The best two teams in Europe are in the European Cup Final.
That's 3 out of the last 4 years that's happened. That's cool as fuck.

I'm not saying that just because I support Man Utd either, I'd have said the best two teams in Europe last year were Barcelona and Chelsea, so that's the year the best two didn't make it.

Inter wiped the floor with Chelsea last year

inter beat both chelsea and barca last year.

and then they beat bayern who in turn beat man u on the road to the final.

barca have definatly been the best team over the past several years. but not man u.

man u have a good squad, but its no where near spectacular this year. not as good as when ronaldo was there.

they also got a pretty easy group and a pretty easy road in their knockout games. chelsea was obviously the hardest, but its no secret the team was struggling with formations and players trying to figure out how to incorporate their 50 million dollar man.

besides barca i think it has been a down year for teams in europe overall. no one in italy was particularly strong. juve are still struggling from calciopoli. inter are coming into a down cycle. milan are at the beginning of an up cycle but are not complete yet. some other teams have very good players (roma, undinese, fiorentina, palermo, napoli) but they are not good enough for deep european competition.

bayern had a mediocre year. schakle over achieved. no one else in germany was doing anything in europe this year.

arsenal have been struggling for years with being on the cusp of greatness but never getting there. this year is no different. chelsea started off strong but faded in the middle of the season and struggled with the addition of torres. although they are back on their winning ways and have a chance in the league it was too late for the CL. pool/tottenham/man city are not either good enough over all or still not a cohesive unit.

spain is only a two team league, and real madrid ran up against barca in the semis unfortunately. i think they would have beaten man u had they played them in the semis. i think they still have some things to figure out and im not sure if jose is the man for that team. RM like flair teams, cappello was gassed for winning the league but not playing attractive enough.

teams from the other countries with decent teams = france, portugal, scottland, turkey, were typical. alright teams but nothing special.

barca really is ruling the continent at the moment.

im hoping with milan adding taiwo, mexes, ganso, another midfielder and a fully fit pato and cassano they will be able to get on that next level again where they were from the late 80s until about 07.

MaskedAvenger
05-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Next year Milan will be very strong, they have already signed Mexes and Taiwo, and Berlusconi promised a "transfer market of champions", Plus Cassano will be allowed to play in the CL. Inter will be fine as long as they lose Leonardo.

I also hope Roma finish 4th, they can finally spend some $$$ with their new owners.

EDIT: I didn't read to the bottom of your post until after I posted mine, realized I just mirrored your post lol.

Krimewave
05-05-2011, 07:10 AM
2008 Manchester United vs Chelsea

Best 2 teams in Europe (Maybe Barca over Chelsea, but United were, indisputably the best team that year).

2009 Barcelona vs Manchester United

Absolutely no doubt these were the best teams in Europe that season.

2010 Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich

Bayern's manager even said United were the better team and they were lucky to beat them. Inter beat Barca because of Mourinho's tactics, imo.
The best two teams in Europe were Barcelona and (probably) Chelsea, but I'm willing to concede Inter Milan over Chelsea on this one.

2011 Manchester United vs Barcelona

The best two teams in Europe this season imo. If you can think of a team, apart from Barcelona, that United wouldn't have beaten over 2 legs this season, I'd like to hear it.

Accepting that I'm wrong about 2010, that means at least one of the best two teams in Europe has reached the European Cup Final every year for the past 4 years.
For all the shit that people talk about modern football being shit, that's a pretty good trend.