PDA

View Full Version : Portishead fans any1?

dreday99
03-19-2006, 01:59 AM
if so do you have any of there music for dl? i had there tape a long time ago but my shit eats tapes. i'll prolly end up going on limewire, but if u have any, good looking...

check two
03-25-2006, 03:38 PM
I have one of their albums. What happened to Portishead? Have they been broken up for a while?

Redfist
04-23-2006, 07:58 AM
"wandering stars"... i love that song

Dr Zayus
04-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Portishead are great. I heard they're working on another record this year.. about time.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-23-2006, 12:49 PM
all of their albums are class, dummy, portishead, and pnyc (live album) are all great, there is other stuff labelled as portishead floating around on the internet but it's really not, though they do have some eps of remixes and isntrumentals too. they are working on a new album, supposedly madlib's doing some production on it, which should be great, check out shades of blue or his yesterday's new quintet albums if you don't think so.

Orhan Gencebay
04-23-2006, 01:33 PM
dummy

Frontal Lobotomy
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Portishead are pretty groovy, it's good to hear that they're making another record at long last.

ShaDynasty
05-08-2006, 04:32 PM
not very up to speed wit em but their shit has been sampled by Cru
track 6 i believe
and i think timbaland has sampled one of their songs twice
i preferred 'ikes rap'

great post wasnt it?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Post them tracks

ShaDynasty
05-08-2006, 08:22 PM
dunno the Cru joint
i got the album and i think its track 6
sum Aaliyah remix by Timbo, i forget which one but its off 'one in a million',
and Ginuwines 'g-thang' ft Missy Elliott & Magoo

INF
05-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Hell yeah! That NyC live album is one of the best live albums hands down. They commin w/ a new one soon but that been the rumor for a few years now. we'll see. Best track......hmmmm...... Only U.

One.:king:

g_flex
05-08-2006, 11:28 PM
the song trilogy of terror - guru,afu ra n anotha mc....its frm a portishead sample piano loop...i got their live show in ny n i must admit they on some high level shit

A_Wisdombody
05-25-2006, 05:52 PM
if so do you have any of there music for dl? i had there tape a long time ago but my shit eats tapes. i'll prolly end up going on limewire, but if u have any, good looking...

they r hot

Bloo
05-26-2006, 12:41 AM
No doubt Portishead is ill as fuck!! Back when I was in high school, I was bumpin Bobby Digital in my headphones and the kid that sat in front of me (Metrosexual kid but cool as fuck) heard it and was like Bobby Digital and 36 Chambers was the only two good Wu-Tang albums.

But anyway, he was like skip to Kiss of a Black Widow, so I bumped it, then he handed me a Portishead CD and told me to play it. I tripped balls cause their song Over was sampled for the track. But for real, Portishead was on some BobbyD type shit like 4 years before RZA even fucked with that style. For all you Wu heads out there Portishead's got some ill sounds. Check out their shit, I can up a few track after the weekend cause I'm going out of town. Just hit me if you wanna hear where RZA got his Digital sound from.

dreday99
05-30-2006, 05:45 PM
still waiting for some portishead dls...any1?