PDA

View Full Version : Zen

galt john galt
03-20-2006, 12:39 AM
DO YOU THINK THE PRACTICE OF ZAZEN HELPS IN THE BREAKING OF ONE'S KOAN?

will one come to realization through the workings within the day to day mundane affairs or will it be through with an episode of comtemplation about that which is sublime to forever in a day?

SubtleEnergies
03-20-2006, 12:48 AM
I have never been instructed in Zazen but have read on it. I have also done some basic Chi Kung with similar breathing principles which have a very powerful effect....I don't know about it helping to break koans but it definitely alters how you feel.

hectis
03-20-2006, 01:02 AM
I Never Have Tryed This Before Dose It Work?

SubtleEnergies
03-20-2006, 01:15 AM
If you look on the internet for instructions on 'belly breathing' you should be able to get a small experience of it. It will eave you feeling very relaxed and full of endorphins.

The reason I have never tried Zazen is I have read that it can be quite dangerous if performed incorrectly and should only be learnt with a teacher not from books etc.

LHX
03-20-2006, 11:41 AM
zen is great if your reality does not include other people

tajeco
03-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I did it for almost 4 years. Not as strictly as a Zen Buddhist, but still everyday I meditated. I quit blazing and drinking during that whole time. I found that Zazen (sitting meditation) would give me a feeling as if I just took a toke. The "high" didn't last long, but it would give me an enlightened outlook to start my day. Sometimes I would get a shrooms "high". Not visually, but like when thoughts are enhanced. Maybe if I didn't toke or shroom earlier in my life, my brain wouldn't have felt like that. I guess everyone's different and will have a different experience.

Fatal Guillotine
04-20-2012, 01:55 PM
up

Fatal Guillotine
04-21-2012, 08:07 PM
I think the koan you are searching to answer is "What was my original face before I was born?" Zazen will definately help but it is not contemplation that is the answer but seeking the no-mind experience. There is no contemplation in Zazen. Empty your mind and focus on the breath and sit at peace. Pose the question to yourself and wait. The key is to discover your original nature I will help you with the words but you must experience the realization yourself. Your original nature is intrinsically pure, it is bright and luminous without a blemish. It is empty mindful awareness.

It could take you a day it could take you a lifetime but when realization comes your awakening will be instantaneous. Then continue to practice zazen for the awakening is not the goal but the start of ones journey.

See the pearl then polish the pearl.

Fatal Guillotine
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM