PDA

View Full Version : does anybody believe anything they read any more?

LHX
03-20-2006, 12:17 PM
if yes - how?

does a world history even exist at this point?

Aqua Luna
03-20-2006, 12:53 PM
This is interesting...can you elabarate a lil more?

hmmm most of the time I try to read between the lines of stuff

world history....I'm not sure

Damn! I'm glad you back in this motha.

LHX
03-20-2006, 12:59 PM
the most i can elaborate is this

whenever anything historical is 'revisited'
the historical account changes

whether it be the date something took place
actual events
the birthplace or nationality

at this point
everything about history seems like a gigantic 'it might have gone down like this'

creative writing at its best

food for thots
03-20-2006, 01:02 PM
i read alsorts
stuff that i know isnt true
i try to read all aspects of whatever i am reading.. try to read diffrent viewpoints
the answer automatically comes to me,, as to which is the truth and which is lies.. im sure that happens to many peoples in here..
you can search out the truth, and u know when it hits u..
i cant describe the feeling..
PEACE

LHX
03-20-2006, 01:12 PM
you can search out the truth, and u know when it hits u..
i cant describe the feeling..
PEACE

i can vouch for this

its a good feeling

better than rough sex

food for thots
03-20-2006, 01:40 PM
mm groping mah mrs from behind as she is hogtied..

sorry

i blame lhx!

Account365
03-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't believe everything I read, I'm not stupid.

Aqua Luna
03-20-2006, 02:02 PM
lol...better than rough sex??

Naw, not better...maybe equal. lol

stak84
03-20-2006, 02:30 PM
its hard to beleive anything, especially having
to do with history because it is changed through
each generation. Noone REALLY knows what
happened its all specualtion

Prince Rai
03-20-2006, 02:34 PM
hehe rough sex anyway

as for history....

its right, much of the history we see is what has been told 2 us through government books which rely on consistency on what is taught year by year.

true history is very difficult to comprehend and takes self reliance.
i read "what is history" bu fella named Carr, and he argued that,
various historians tell history confied by the era they are from.

therefore a medievil historian will explain events from a viewpoint of a medievil person and comprehend situations on the level of thought at that time.

Ironically, history can be changed very easily. Historians try their best to explain the past but only say what they are given to study. THE entire truth must be figured out by one self.

albeit, its a fucking hard job!!

galt john galt
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
remember the victors would write the history of an event while the losers/oppressors was told via tales stories etc. stories have two sides from the different perspectives based on what thought felt was the reason motive that event took place at all. history is an account of exploits by others and put on others.

honestly i don't read much except fiction and some cultural studies. a true history would incorporate a timeline of every major inception down the line from every school of thought where occurred political economic religious philosophic how the world was changed through boundaries the ensuing fights/wars. it would show the evolution if you will of the planetand its inhabitants otherwise its myopic.

hectis
03-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Some Thing Yeah Others No

Wooly Noggins
03-20-2006, 04:00 PM
lmao - some will do anything to try to make it look like the black experience in america never happened

Mumm Ra
03-20-2006, 06:37 PM
hmm I dont really like the choices...I'm sure I believe some things I read but I don't know if I have a reason to.

tajeco
03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
It depends who wrote what I'm reading, and their purpose for writing it. Like everyone said Jose Canseco wrote his Steroid book for publicity and money, and he just lied and named names for his own benefit. But during and since the congressional hearings, he sounds truthful. With McGwire not answering questions directly, Sosa forgetting English all of a sudden, and Palmeiro testing positive months later. (I'm a Giants fan, so Bonds is innocent, I can hope). I believe RZA wrote his book to educate and help define the meaning of Wu-Tang.

Claustrofobic
03-21-2006, 10:44 AM
A wise man once said "Believe nothing your hear, see, or read, even if I self had said it, unless it agrees with your own common sense". And I tend to do so...I found myself hungry for knowledge lately, I'm willing to find the truth behind everything possible for myself, and I will tend to continue this quest, but I only believe what I read if it's logical to me.