PDA

View Full Version : Masta Killa - Masta Killa

ol dirty abbot
03-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah Yeah just a quick question is Masta dissing m&m on the song Masta Killa "now m&m for example just another sample of ya worst nightmare" i cant catch the rest of whut he says something about a beautiful design. So that last bit about beautiful design confuses me. Is he dissing him or not

GENERAL WISE
03-20-2006, 08:43 PM
m&M = eminem?

I hate that track.

tajeco
03-20-2006, 08:51 PM
we talked about it somewhere around here, maybe it was before the crash. It's not a diss. Just social commentary regarding civil rights. The verse starts "I thought the sign read 'no colors allowed'", then he starts talking about the cycle where R&B inspired Rock & Roll, and now how rap inspired Eminem. It's like how AfriAmericans were considered less than human, now they're influencing young white kids, again, just like the 50's, to the displeasure of their parents

ol dirty abbot
03-20-2006, 10:38 PM
we talked about it somewhere around here, maybe it was before the crash. It's not a diss. Just social commentary regarding civil rights. The verse starts "I thought the sign read 'no colors allowed'", then he starts talking about the cycle where R&B inspired Rock & Roll, and now how rap inspired Eminem. It's like how AfriAmericans were considered less than human, now they're influencing young white kids, again, just like the 50's, to the displeasure of their parents

roger that

june181972
06-22-2006, 08:12 PM
The most important line in the song:
Illest lifeline Theology of Time

Masta Killa is breaking down the the book/lecture by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad: The Theology of Time

If you read the book, you would have to admit the song is incredible.

Black culture/music will always attract the "un-alike" Eminem

Tetsuo
07-05-2006, 12:32 AM
That song definetly doesn't get the attention it deserves. At first I just enjoyed it for the mind blowing beat but when I really began to appreciate the lyrics I understood what an amazing track it is.

Razorsharp
07-05-2006, 02:24 AM
yeah, some dope thought in this song, it ends/closes the LP well

Alcryt
07-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Thats my fav track on the album, and i always wondered what he was on about when he mentioned eminem..

WolfMan
07-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I thought the eminem line was about that "racist tape" em made, you know where he dissed his black girlfriend...

"Now Eminem, for example, just another sample
Of your worst nightmare, coming back at you
So beautiful designed, the places of time, to see
Everything that has been, always will be"

Em made the song when he was frustrated and shit, and then forgot about it, became a star, and when he was big (arguably the biggest) along comes this tape, that he made ages ago, a small tape that could've ended him... hence "Everything that has been, always will be"

But I haven't read The Theology of Time, so if it makes sence it's probably that Masta raps about

Blitz
07-11-2006, 07:34 AM
No.. It's about Em being your average White Parents worst nightmare