PDA

View Full Version : Ok I need help

Claustrofobic
03-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Ok this is my situation. Ive been a Wu-Tang fan for about 5 years now. Ofcourse, like the Masta Killa said, I was intruiged by the beats of the wu-tang in the beginning and wasnt really into their lyrics. Ive been spending the past 2 years listening to Wu-Tang everyday, buying and supporting their music. I know all group lyrics from the top of my head and im captivated by their lyrics too now. I've been reading Know The Ledge for quite a while now too, and I've learned more from youre posts in 1 month than Ive done in 6 years of high school. I really want to learn more about the 5% Nation, the Nation of Gods and Earth, the Islam, and philosofy's about black people in America and its history. Can someone please tell me with which books to begin, and what to do first. And are we really all on this planet to achieve the 12 jewelz like RZA said? If so, I wish to do knowledge and free my mind, to achieve the other 11 jewels. I need your help...

Peace

LHX
03-21-2006, 01:14 PM
every effort you put in will help

the biggest trick is not to align yourself with any one school of thought

keep it diverse

the art of war
the 120 lessons
philosophers like nietschze - hume - sartre
buddhism
taoism
the koran

find a direction that appeals to you and dig in

use the people in the forum to ask questions

go to other forums

the only dumb thing you could do is postpone it

good luck

peace

Claustrofobic
03-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Thank you, I have bought The Art of War a few weeks ago, I will begin reading it tomorrow!

But you say I must keep it divers and find one single direction that appeals and go from there at the same time, how do I do that without being captivated by one school of thought?

LHX
03-21-2006, 01:26 PM
look for relationships between different things that you read

for example
you can see that the art of war and the koran both explain the same principles
but
they use different techniques and express these principles differently

if you find one school of thought that really appeals to you - then use it mos def

but
just keep in mind that there is more than one perspective to look at any particular thing

Claustrofobic
03-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes, so youre saying that equality of not only man, but also of knowledge is an important aspect to keep in mind?

LHX
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
exactly

keep in mind that any system of thought developed for a reason

the principles behind all of them are on point
the only time you run into problems is when you catch people running around claiming that their 'truth' is the one and only way of expressing the 'truth'

my truth is better than yours
etc
etc

if you want to fast-forward to the hardcore inner-spirituality shit
i suggest reading the hagakure and spend some time really coming to terms with death

http://users.tkk.fi/~renko/hag1.html

and like i said
discussing the shit always helps

Claustrofobic
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Be sure to find me in Know The Ledge a lot more from now on, thanks dude, you probably just enlightened my life

Peace

LHX
03-21-2006, 01:37 PM
it aint gonna be easy

but
it will be worth it