PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of Hip Hop Orientation Sheet

7EL7
03-22-2006, 09:12 AM
The Temple of Hip Hop Orientation Sheet.
Category: Religion and Philosophy (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.viewCategory&FriendID=26136870&BlogCategoryID=21)
THE TEMPLE OF HIPHOP 2006 ORIENTATION SHEET

What is the Temple of Hiphop? A Hip Hop ministry, A Hip Hop archive, a Hip Hop school and a Hip Hop preservation society (M.A.S.S.).

What is the Temple of Hiphop's function? To nurture and protect Hip Hop's cultural development.

When did the Temple of Hiphop begin? In 1996 when its founder KRS-ONE announced publicly; "Rap is something we do; Hiphop is something we live!"

What does the Temple of Hiphop teach? Ancient spiritual truths through the culture and language of modern Hip Hop. We teach average "rap fans" how to be true Hiphoppas. Our teachings are based upon the philosophy that education should assist You in becoming a better YOU!

What is the vision of the Temple of Hiphop? To establish Hip Hop as a legitimate international culture of peace and prosperity. We envision a full-service Hip Hop city someday.

What does the Temple of Hiphop believe? We believe in GOD! We believe that Hip Hop is God's response to our suffering. For us, Hip Hop is solid proof that God is real and that God loves us! Yes, God loves Hip Hop! For us, Hip Hop is indeed the "Promised Land".

What are the basic principles of the Temple of Hiphop? Health, Love, Awareness and Wealth (H-LAW). As a temple we are governed by the principles of the Hiphop Declaration of Peace and we are guided by the Gospel of Hiphop.

What are Hip Hop's nine elements? And why? Breakin, Emceein, Graffiti Art, Deejayin, Beatboxin, Street Fashion, Street Knowledge, Street Language, and Street Entrepreneurialism. As nine elements Hip Hop is capable of being lived; not just performed. For us, Hip Hop is a sustainable lifestyle; not just music.

HIP HOP APPRECIATION WEEK MAY 15TH-22ND 2006
Welcome to the Temple of Hiphop

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=26136870&blogID=98838751&MyToken=f8382c51-4850-48c6-8f0d-2df178314c15

Claustrofobic
03-22-2006, 10:35 AM
What is the vision of the Temple of Hiphop? To establish Hip Hop as a legitimate international culture of peace and prosperity. We envision a full-service Hip Hop city someday.

Meth for Mayor!

P-Noid Brown
03-22-2006, 12:23 PM
yo i feel you Legato, i have a feeling there was a mis-representation. but in all when you read the lessons you see what the Temple of hip-hop is trying to do. Honestly they do make valid statments. check this post i did yesterday on the hip-hop section and i was gonna put it here in the knowledge thread , but since it is hip-hop it's in that section... but click this link... i would like to know what more think about this APSU check this out too. http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15475

Aqua Luna
03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
I think it's a beautiful concept.

It's much needed...