PDA

View Full Version : TechN9ne Speake On Regime/Gunit Beef Song Wit Em & More

Hayabusa
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Yo Tech we gonna start shootiní off with the questions, so whatís the name of the new album?

Tech N9ne
Name of the new album is Eveready the Religion. Eveready like the battery, Religion cause my musicís like a religion. We got about 18 tracks finished on the album right now. We got a new track with E-40, and thatís about to become the new single called Jellysickle we about to leak that. We got a song with Eminem and Brotha Lynch Hung called Welcome to My WorldÖ

303. Oh so the rumors are true then?

Tech N9ne
Yeah, that song is definitely in the works. We just gotta find time for Eminem to get on that track. Heís a busy man just like I am, being on the Anger Management tour.

303. Who is doing the production on the album?

Tech N9ne
Well we got Rick Rock, we got about 6 tracks on the album from Rick Rock. Rick Rock is a huge producer thatís worked with so many artists. He did that shit with Fabulous, we got Big Tank who is Timbalandís prodege (Missyís One Minute Man), we got cats outta Coppenhagen called 3rd Tsunami, Legendary Tracker who is Twistaís producer, Polly out of Canada, Mister Royce from NY, Buckwild, who did shit for Puffy back in the day.

303. Your music appeals to fans of all genres, how did you achieve fans of all sides of the fence?

Tech N9ne
Shit man, the music is real. The music is my life. Everyone can relate to the song Trapped in a Psychoís Body, everyone can relate to that darkness in that way they feel when they hear that song. Everybody can enjoy Iímma Playa or Tech N9ne Experience. Thatís why people can feel my music and they can feel me, itís because they know that Iím real, and the music is real, itís my life.

303. Iímma Tell and Iím a Player both are songs that could easily contend with any hits played on the radio. Are you trying to reach mainstream, or are you satisfied as an independent artist?

Tech N9ne
Well, being an independent artists is a beautiful thing, but itís like this. Itís like Iím like Jordan, playing for college. College is a great sport but Jordan shouldnít be just playing college ball. We gotta get that national level, but being independent you gotta spend your own money. Weíre doing 400,000 units but it can be more.We canít compete with Warner Brothers, or Universal to get shit paid to be on the radio and get Iím a Player on the radio. The money that we have weíre spending out of our own pockets. Iím a Player is a motherfucker dogg. That song could have been international, that song could have killed shit. But we gotta get moving to get to that level othese other record companies.

303. Youíve recorded with 2Pac, Eminem, Yukmouth, and a list of other all star players. Whatís your dream collaboration?

Tech N9ne
My dream collaboration? We gonna wrap this song with Eminem and Brotha Lynch Hung, so thatís really my dream collaboration. Iíll be living out the dream right there. As far as other artists go, Iíd like to hook up with Some System of a Down and some Slipknot cause as you can tell my music has a great rock influence on it. So we gonna try and get System on the album before we finish it.

303. Weíve heard you on tracks for Yukmouthís Regime group. Are you an official Regime member?

Tech N9ne
Oh yeah, Iím one of the original members. Regime is the family. Iíve been with Regime since í97 when I was out living with Quincy Jones and Quincy Jones was doing shit for The Luniz when Yukmouth was part of the Luniz.

303. What do you feel about the current beef with Yukmouth and G-Unit West, with the recent events of Spider Loc jumping Yukmouth?

Tech N9ne
Well, the way I see it, I wish these niggas would stop beefing and get together. Iím always trapped in the middle. D-12 is my peoples, and I got a song with D-12 on my Absolute Power CD. In fact, wait for that new Bizarre video, youíll see Bizarre threw me in that video and D-12 always showing love. So you got D-12, who is my people, they peoples with Eminem, whose people with G-Unit, and G-Unit is beefing with Yukmouth. I donít even know how that C-Bo, 50 Cent beef started man. But we really gotta get this shit together because we have street niggas on both sides. This shit can get crazy and somebody could die, because on both sides, you got real street niggass.

303. Explain the drink you speak on, Caribou Lou?

Tech N9ne
Man, Caribou Lou. We were just in a club, mixing drinks and this drink was just knocking people on their ass. So I came up with the name Caribou Lou, and my man was the only one who understood what that meant. Caribou Lou is the name of the one-legged pirate from Woody Woodpecker, and every time Caribou Lou would come around, people would scream and run, Caribou Lou. 151, Bicardi Rum, and Pineapple juice, thatís Caribou Lou.

303. Youíve opened up doors for KC rappers and we're hearing more and more come from KC. What does KC mean to you?

Tech N9ne
KC is love. KC is my home, I can walk down the street anywhere in KC, and people will show me love. And I live in LA man, I moved to LA it was a big business move to come out to LA, but Kansas City is still my home. Fifty Seven RDVís thatís what I know, thatís who I am, thatís what I rep everywhere I go, even though that shit can get me killed, thatís who I am. Them dudes who dissed me on that Murder Dog shit, they was my Road Dogs. It hurts me even worse cause these are my brothers. These are the people I grew up with, who I used to love and kick it with, and they on some hating shit over paper.

303. What is the craziest thing thatís happened while on tour? In Denver?

Tech N9ne
Man, I really canít say because Iím a married man, you know what Iím saying? But yeah, I really canít remember.

303. Youíre wrapping up your Absolute Power Tour in a couple months. What are some of your favorite cities?

Tech N9ne
Man, I just got through with an interview, and I wish you could see it to believe me. They asked me what my favorite city was, what some of my favortie cities were to go, and the first one I said was Denver. Denver is my favorite city to hit when Iím out touring. The person couldnít believe that shit, but thatís what I said. Denver is like my second home, I feel at home in Denver. I got peoples out in Denver and Denver always show me love when I show up. Shit, the line around the Ogden was all the way down the sidewalk for just people wanting me to sign their shit, and I bet you 50% at least of those people who attended my concert got their shit signed. Youíve got artists, people bringing me their art and shit. I got this picture of me, from hemp remains that I got in Denver. That picture follows me wherever I go.

303. You single handedly put Kansas City on the map. What advise would you have for an artist from Denver to break out and make it nationally?

Tech N9ne
You just gotta find that one rapper, whoís doing his thing, and then you find the tightest producer, beat maker, cause beats is like a pulse to hip hop, if you ainít feeling the pulse you ainít feeling the music. You gotta get that rapper up on open mic, and then get him to perform at the clubs, and get Denver popping, and gets them clubspopping and supporting that artist. And then you can break out away from Denver and venture out. But you gotta blow up that spot yourself first and then venture on.

303. When are you planning on coming back to Denver?

Tech N9ne
Man, I was talking to Travis cause I got people out in Denver that I need to see, but he said weíd probably be back in Denver around August. I donít want to wait that long but thatís probably when weíll have to go back.

303. Can we expect to see a new side of Tech N9ne on the album?

Tech N9ne
Your not going to see a new Tech N9ne on the album, youíre just going to see more of Tech N9ne. Anghellic was my life from the inside. Absolute Power was my life from the perception of the outside. Eveready is just a cluster fuck of both thoughts in one, life from the inside and out. We got everything that makes Anghellic and Absolute Power in one.

303. Letís do some word association

303: Anghellic
TechN9ne: Life

303: Absolute Power
Tech N9ne: Validation

303: Don Juan
Tech N9ne: Demon

303: Strange Music
Tech N9ne: Mogul

303: Regime
Tech N9ne: Family

303: Kansas City
Tech N9ne: Love

303: Denver City
Tech N9ne: More Love! Can't wait til Tech no LP drops.

Gully
06-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Isn't this a Hip Hop Forum?

Hayabusa
06-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah. last i checked tech n9ne was a rapper. Where else should it be?

Gully
06-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Alternative Goth ?

Hayabusa
06-08-2005, 05:46 PM
LOL. Tech is sick don't hate.

Rebel_INS
06-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah. last i checked tech n9ne was a rapper. Where else should it be?
LMFAO!!!... Props for the info

PCP
06-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Damn, Tech and Em and Lynch? Tech and System maybe? Lookin tight..

fox7jr7
06-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech n9ne gives a SICK concert.

TSA
06-12-2005, 03:02 AM
yeah dope as fuck, keep it real. I always thought he was from Omaha, NE though for some reason. He best from midwest no doubt

Create
06-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Teck Is Ok

Not To Speciall

Hate His Flow

Definitive X
07-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech's from Kansas City, MO...

crastuf
07-02-2005, 04:33 PM
my first time hearing of Tech 9 was seeing the video on Uncut. It was alright but I don't remember them. They look like Goths but that's okay I skate. What are they about?

J.T.S.
08-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Only song i liked by him was slacker!

Dante
08-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech is dope

Anghellic is a tight album

NIGHT MAYOR
11-08-2005, 02:46 PM
tech nine is great - cant wait for that album thanks for the read, gully should think before he types.

stak84
11-10-2005, 06:48 PM
tech is one dope ass mf saw one of his shows one of the craziest shows ive ever seen

Meta4
11-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Alternative Goth ?

Nah Tech is fuckin' ILL, but he just signed to the WACKEST FUCKIN' label ever. Got the gayest fuckin' fans in the world. Tourin' with ICP and their crew??? that what happens when you do that. He is sick though. I pray everyday that he will sign to another label.