PDA

View Full Version : The White Stripes

deadlymelody
03-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Anyone in here own the White Stripes records? There latest one, Get Behind Me Satan, was a huge success, but to me their earlier albums were incredible. Their self titled debut and De Stilj are insane. Jack White sounds insane with his voice and attacking guitar playing. I think this is the best rock duo in the world at this moment. Great band.

Fr@z
03-25-2006, 09:56 PM
I like a few of there songs but i havent heard a full album yet.

my mate keeps goin on about how good they are.

deadlymelody
03-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Damn I was expecting a Matt Damon quote from you, Fraz. If possible, go buy De Stilj. Great music.

eelrehsu
03-26-2006, 05:58 AM
the white stripes are wonderful, i own every album theyve done, went to see them live in november, much better live than on disc aswell.

jack white is in a new band (side project if you like) called The Raconteurs.

and have released a limited edition single from the up coming album, which i read sumwhere is selling for 40 on line.... much be special.

p.e.a.c.e

eelrehsu
03-26-2006, 06:00 AM
ohh and if ur interested... jack white is a fan of the wutang clan, saying he used to enjoy hiphop like WTC and Outcast before it all became about jewlery etc.

p.e.a.c.e

Kriszy Substance
03-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I like em for sure. I love seeing Meg beating those drums. I didnt know that about Jacks side project and shit or that he was a WTC fan. Thanks for info eelrehsu. I would love to see them play live.

tical2000
04-02-2006, 04:37 PM
ya WHITE STRIPES are dope...."GET BEHIND ME SATAN" was probably the best album to come out last year in my opinion

Fayth
04-03-2006, 06:38 PM
iv only heard a few of their songs but i like em all so far

deadlymelody
04-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Good looks. They are, in my opinion, the best rock group in the world. Also cool that Jack is a Wu Tang fan, gives us some commonalities. Rock on Jack.

Rebel_INS
04-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Well since all I listen to now is HipHop I dont listen to much other shit, but I heard them along time ago when they first came out and they were ehh, not really my type of music, but good for what they do.