PDA

View Full Version : identifying pressure in its various forms

LHX
03-26-2006, 04:17 PM
one of the problems going around this forum is that nobody is willing to understand the elements of pressure that everybody else is under

dark-skinned people identify their oppression
but
there is never any discussion about the pressures that pale-skinned youth face in this society as well

i mentioned this in another thread -
my hunch is that suicide rates are higher in white kids than it is in black kids

why is this?

the opposite of having no opportunity in society
is to have too much opportunity

there is tremendous pressure on youth to 'not fuck it up'
'do the right thing'

to the point where it drives many kids insane

i understand the point of view of the people here who feel they have been lumped into a category because of their skin color

i understand the point of view of the oppressed people

and there is no need for me to name names
because i know everybody who posts here is under some form of pressure

the source of pressure is not white kids who have not yet joined the work force

can black people understand what drives white people insane?
can white people understand descrimination?

galt john galt
03-26-2006, 05:08 PM
what probably driveswhite kids insane is the automatic guilt trip some people expect them to cop when the race card/issue comes up. if they they don't cop the guilt seen might come off as racist. they are likely the ones who don't identify with the 'system' not related to the 'man' nor were their ancestors 'established' as any captains or giants in the past.

white people feel discrimination when people assume that white people are like this based on/because of stereotyping. saying they have special treatment so you shuck and jive them thinking that they are getting in with you when you are just running the dozens on them.

dif de la rev
03-26-2006, 06:01 PM
the images projected that are being used to mold and shape their identity are not holding the water they use to float their boat. they feel sold out.

SG
09-18-2007, 12:28 PM

Sure

For them to be so better (meaning they will not accept anything and them also achieving things)

SG
09-18-2007, 12:43 PM

Yes

When their skin color is no longer the majority of a situation

WARPATH
09-18-2007, 03:29 PM
one of the problems going around this forum is that nobody is willing to understand the elements of pressure that everybody else is under

but
there is never any discussion about the pressures that pale-skinned youth face in this society as well

my hunch is that suicide rates are higher in white kids than it is in black kids

why is this?

'do the right thing'

to the point where it drives many kids insane

i understand the point of view of the people here who feel they have been lumped into a category because of their skin color

i understand the point of view of the oppressed people

and there is no need for me to name names
because i know everybody who posts here is under some form of pressure

the source of pressure is not white kids who have not yet joined the work force

I found this, maybe it'll help put things in perspective:

Suicide
Race and Suicide -- Just the Facts

1. Suicide is Preventable.
2. Caucasian men and women account for over 90% of all completed suicides.
3. Native Americans have the highest suicide rate among all 15-24 year olds.
4. Suicide rates from 1980-1995 increased 214% for 15-24 year old African American males and 93% for African American females.
5. 15-19 year old African American males' suicide rates have increased 80% between 1980 and 2000.
6. Although Caucasians are twice as likely to commit suicide than African Americans, the rate of suicide is growing faster among young African Americans than among Caucasians.
7. Asian American women have the highest suicide rates among women ages 15 to 24. 8. From 1979-1992 suicide rates for Native Americans were about 1.5 times the overall national rates.
9. While males have higher suicide rates than females in all ethnic groups, the patterns differ by age groups. Suicide risks peak in the 15-24 age group for Native Americans and African-Americans, whereas for European-American Non-Hispanics, Hispanics, and Asian/Pacific Islanders the highest suicide rates occur in those over 65 years of age.

http://www.usna.edu/MDC/Clinical/suicide/racefacts.htm

maestro wooz
09-18-2007, 04:24 PM
bottom line, lifes a bitch then you die for everyone

Black Man
09-18-2007, 04:29 PM
but

there are discussions about "pale-skinned" youth and what they face in society (turn on the t.v. and you'll see its talked about daily). there's a different discussion however that the "pale-skinned" youth discuss in comparison to what people with high levels of "melanin" discuss (two very distinct experiences). one difference is those with melanin didn't "oppress" (among other adjectives that can be used to describe the type of treatment) people without melanin. because of the distinct treatment throughout the centuries the various groups of people have different "symptoms" and these symptoms are not part of the "pale-skinned" youth's social behavior. "pale-skinned" youth live is a society that reflects who they are, their values and norms...."pale-skinned" youth live in a society that was built for and by "pale-skinned" people with all benefits being given to "pale-skinned" people. "pale-skinned" youth live in a society where they are the "standard" for all things to be measured.

why is this?

because (biologically) white kids are different from black kids and because of these differences whites respond in a different manner than do blacks.

what is too much oppourtunity and what is the amount that equals "to much opportunity"?

'do the right thing'

what youth have this pressure? and 'doing the right thing' for "pale-skinned" people is not the same as those without pale-skin.

WARPATH
09-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I think suicide can be correlated with materialism.

Native Americans have the highest suicide rate among all 15-24 year olds.

Natives are the most poverty stricken people in america so when children are put in a society where material things highly valued, they'll have the highest rate of suicide.

Suicide rates from 1980-1995 increased 214% for 15-24 year old African American males and 93% for African American females.

As Afrircan American's become more prominent in television pop cultures, for example the rise of hip hop among other art forms, and the materialism that surrounds pop culture, so did the suicide rates increase.

Caucasian men and women account for over 90% of all completed suicides.

This statistic can be correlated with being the most populated race in America, and also being the most materialistic culture, because they set the standards that other's follow suit. Caucasions are the most matiarlistic how they compete with each other and the black man, I think this statistic correlates that:

Although Caucasians are twice as likely to commit suicide than African Americans, the rate of suicide is growing faster among young African Americans than among Caucasians.

LORD NOSE
06-30-2009, 02:33 PM
up