PDA

View Full Version : A Wu-Tang RPG

MixedGenetix
03-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Im trying to figure out if anyone would be interested in a Wu-Tang style RPG. I'm talking about a text based style game having to do with your own created kung-fu Wu-character, kinda like Wu-characters in the Wu-Tang Shaolin Style PS game. Could take place in the Urban city or be more like the Wu-Tang Nine Rings comics and take place in an ancient Shaolin or Chinese setting... Who knows but I think it'd be dope. Who else is interested, maybe we can start some shit up.
-MG.

Fr@z
03-26-2006, 06:58 PM
gay idea

MixedGenetix
03-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Im telling you, it funner than sounds. I used to think the same way and I'm not into all that majestic fantasy shit either... but some of my boys got me into a roleplaying style game a few years back and it turned out to be pretty damn cool. All I can say is don't knock it till you try it.
-MG.

MixedGenetix
03-27-2006, 01:03 AM
A) To answer your question why I signature each post, I do it because I like to. It's like punctuating a thought. At this point it's habitual.

B) It's obvious it's not for everyone. I can't really explain it the way I see it but if you're not down I understand. Personally, I think it's got alot of potential if done right.

-MG.

SHRAP
03-27-2006, 04:44 AM
only if u could get ghost in ur party as an npc and shit

Frontal Lobotomy
03-27-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm with the consensus, it sounds way too corny to work. Props to Pale Kris for mentioning Shadowrun though, that game was sweet.

Fr@z
03-27-2006, 12:14 PM
that was a real gay idea putting my rep down

born invincible
03-27-2006, 12:51 PM
maybe if it was set in modern day NYC... having to run around the city gettin power ups and shit hittin up the bodegas and shit.. then maybe battling crime lords and shit... might be cool.

MixedGenetix
03-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Like I said, I'm not into the mystical type shit... If anything it would have to have a dope ass storyline and mix that Urban Wu-Tang appeal w/ kung fu. That's just the foundation right there, an RPG could go any way, that's what makes it fun. I think if cats can get into shit like vampires and warewolves and mages and superheroes and other WAY CORNIER shit, then a Wu-Tang RPG isn't so far fetched. Think about it, if a game like D&D and/or shadow run was pitched before you knew how fun it was, it would've sounded pretty damn gay. Hell, it still does to me, but thats cause I never got into em.
-MG.

LilDirtyBastard
03-27-2006, 03:40 PM
if you want fighting styles, play MK-Deception, MK-Deadly Alliance & MK Shaolin Monks, thats the shit

hectis
03-27-2006, 04:08 PM
IT WOULD BE HOT IF THEY MADE A WU TANG GTA TYPE GAME

hectis
03-27-2006, 04:23 PM
A WU TANG STREETS OF RAGE TYPE GAME WOULD BE FIRE

Murdah Piff
03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
This Is Never Gonna Happen So Dream On

Aqueous Moon
03-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I would play the shit out of a Wu tang RPG.

Long as the story lines and graphics is tight.

MixedGenetix
03-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Likewise, but they gotta have a create-a-character in there. That game would fire... cut and dried.
-MG.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
03-29-2006, 01:37 PM
IT WOULD BE HOT IF THEY MADE A WU TANG GTA TYPE GAME

co sign

MixedGenetix
03-30-2006, 03:37 PM
So if a Wu-Tang game had a create a wu-character option, what would you name yours and what style/type of shit could he do?
-MG.

MixedGenetix
04-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Speak of the devil, look what I found. An actual wu-tang mmorpg set to release in the summer. http://9dragons.acclaim.com/

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/698/698778p2.html

Looks like it takes place in ancient china, and features various clans includning Wu-Tang. Check out that RPG vault link and see for yourself.
-MG.

M_N
04-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Is it those turn based manga-look-like-wannabe-Final-Fantasy(the most shittest game)-buy-me-now rpg?

Ironman Starks
04-01-2006, 05:18 PM
i want a new game that allows you to play kinda like GTA but you start like as a Stickup dude and just mug people and you progress and start sellin shit and doin what not it could be tight.

but at the same time a new Wu Fighting game(Wu Tang Shaolin Style 2?) would be gutter if it had some smooth moves with good fatalities maybe even have like weapons that you can pick up in the room(swords, knives, lead pipe?)it could be so clean

MixedGenetix
04-02-2006, 12:48 AM
i want a new game that allows you to play kinda like GTA but you start like as a Stickup dude and just mug people and you progress and start sellin shit and doin what not it could be tight.

but at the same time a new Wu Fighting game(Wu Tang Shaolin Style 2?) would be gutter if it had some smooth moves with good fatalities maybe even have like weapons that you can pick up in the room(swords, knives, lead pipe?)it could be so clean
You should play the Godfather. I'd say thats one of the best GTA style games so far, that and San Andreas.

But I agree, a Wu-Tang game that had a good fighting system like Shaolin Style, but with the GTA style environment, meaning you go around and whoop shit up instead of making shooting the primary focus of offense like GTA and many others. I.E. this game would be like a 3D double dragon, with a damn good story line, city, and missions.
-MG.

MixedGenetix
04-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Is it those turn based manga-look-like-wannabe-Final-Fantasy(the most shittest game)-buy-me-now rpg?

Shit I hope not.

THE W
04-11-2006, 10:05 PM
i think a wu RPG would be cool if you can make good game out of it.

DREW-DIE$EL
04-13-2006, 04:21 AM
shit son, Def Jam Battle for NY was a sick game just cuz Ghost and Meth were in it. I'd be down to try a Wu RPG

VillainousV
04-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Im pretty sure that y'all could make ya own. Wit a lil dedication and RPG Maker 2003, you got that shit. Just d/l the program from a rpgmaker site, and get a story written out. It takes mad-focus tho. It ain't hard 2 do, but it takes a while to get a game ready to even start making.
Lazy people, dont fuck wit it. You'll be wastin time and space on ya computer.

MasterKillahP
04-15-2006, 04:20 AM
they should make it like GTA but then again i dont think they should make it at all if they did i would most likely buy it still even if it had like bad reviews or whatever

Elaquent
04-17-2006, 12:27 PM
to be honest, i dont think that urban/modern settings really work in RPG games...and i think that would come across as gimmicky and nobody would take it seriously. wu tang in a streets of rage kinda game would be dope tho..

Dough Snatcher
04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Nah man ive never really been into the whole role playing thing...

EAGLE EYE
04-17-2006, 03:57 PM
I dont really get down with the RPG's but If I could run around a huge city as Bobby Digital with my phaser off stun that would be tha shit!!!