LHX
04-02-2006, 11:28 AM
if there are all these cameras

who is watching them?

it seems like it would take a lot of manpower to watch everybody on camera

and that sounds like a job that most people would hate

JASPER
04-02-2006, 11:36 AM
It's being recorded. So when something happens, they can watch the tape.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-02-2006, 12:28 PM
I actually have a staff that watches cameras...It gets very stagnant.

most surveilance cams are digital and they are saved to a hard drive for future reference for any incidents

LHX
04-02-2006, 12:51 PM
retaining data becomes expensive

Aqua Luna
04-02-2006, 12:56 PM
How about those cameras they have at stop lights?

If you run a red light it takes a picture of your liscence plate so the cops can get you...

Even if you run a yellow light - snap, snap...and you get a ticket in the mail.

It sucks.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-02-2006, 01:05 PM
How about those cameras they have at stop lights?

If you run a red light it takes a picture of your liscence plate so the cops can get you...

Even if you run a yellow light - snap, snap...and you get a ticket in the mail.

It sucks.

Some one challanged a Ticket issued in SF and they won. Since then these Cameras have not been used for issuing tickets, but the surveilance is in place.

Frontal Lobotomy
04-02-2006, 01:10 PM
They're there to watch, and deter people from doing anything 'wrong'. It's impossible to see what's going on in every camera frame 24/7 or to pay people to watch them all. No doubt they record and retain what goes on but I would imagine the camera just scares people into not doing stuff in front of the camera. Hardly smart as anyone with a brain would just go and do whatever it is that's out of line beyond the view of a camera.

Aqua Luna
04-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Bigben, Word?...Good! - cuz that was a really wack idea.

Claustrofobic
04-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Like if your bike gets stolen at school, and you dont know who the hell it was, they rewind the whole tape and see who stole it

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Like if your bike gets stolen at school, and you dont know who the hell it was, they rewind the whole tape and see who stole it
Not exactly...
There is a certain criteria needed

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Bigben, Word?...Good! - cuz that was a really wack idea.

:b

Machete
04-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Great topic. I loathe cameras. I was working at a place that had 7 cameras on me at all times and the boss had it wired to where he could watch from the convience of his home. It was probably the creepiest 2 years I ever had at a job. The freaking guy would call up and be like, "that meal looks good". When he couldn't be at his command center, he'd have his wife or children watching the cameras. I'm so glad, I mean really glad that at the job I'm at now there is 0 cameras and it's impossible for there to ever be cameras.

LHX
04-02-2006, 10:22 PM
I Seen Computer Technology Where They Have Databases Of Peoples Faces And The Computer/cameras Can Match With Theese By Measuring Your Face

now that makes sense

Sicka than aidZ
04-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I Got Caught Shoplifting Yesterday I Think Cuz Of A Fuckin Camera. Fuck Im Pissed, BACK TO PROBATION:loser:

TeknicelStylez
04-03-2006, 11:00 AM
They put up cameras in my old projects, my boy Anthony Ruiz got stabbed like 40 and something odd times and they caught the whole thing on camera and now his murderers are in jail, idk if that justifies surveilance but I guess it kind of helped in that situation, although it's more of treating a symptom instead of the problem.

Fishscale
04-03-2006, 05:22 PM
because our government wants total control of us and will stop at nothing to make it happen...

LHX
04-03-2006, 05:33 PM
because our government wants total control of us and will stop at nothing to make it happen...

can the government ever have total control?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-03-2006, 05:57 PM
They put up cameras in my old projects, my boy Anthony Ruiz got stabbed like 40 and something odd times and they caught the whole thing on camera and now his murderers are in jail, idk if that justifies surveilance but I guess it kind of helped in that situation, although it's more of treating a symptom instead of the problem.

Nothing can Justify these 1984 laws & surveilance

TeknicelStylez
04-03-2006, 06:05 PM
True story mang, I definately don't agree with surveilance, I was just stating how it helped one situation, although as I put in the end it really didn't help anything because the fact that it occurred is the real problem.

LHX
04-03-2006, 06:07 PM
the fact that it occurred is the real problem.

true

GAYLORD
03-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Ok. Where I live there is a big tension between punks and nazis and they use(d) to fight here on the weekend nights. But of course they also punch random citizens in the face. One night it was too much and police decided to put "security cameras" on the streets.
Till now the inhabitants of my quarter organized free concerts to show that violence can be avoided and open discussions with the police. But itīs done deal and only got delayed.

I doubt the cameras will make the streets more secure. The police will need many armed forced if shit hits the fan and nazis and punks come armed for a lil streetbashing and streetraping.

Some people seek the violence. Itīs a shame.

------------------------------------------------------

Where are my London cats at?!
I read an interesting article about Great Britain and surveillance the other day. I will see if I can find it.
They even use it in primary schools!!!!! Yeah...the toilets are left clean now and nobody tags walls and doors. Students are all quiet. Letīs jerk off with the principal over that.....

netscape check two
03-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Well, I'm not saying I'd like the feeling of being 'watched' by a camera. But they have come into good use a bunch of times. Such as during robberies at convenience stores, banks, etc. in helping to identify the suspect/s. And when they installed the cameras in some high crime areas, the crime rate went down.

maestro wooz
03-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Great topic. I loathe cameras. I was working at a place that had 7 cameras on me at all times and the boss had it wired to where he could watch from the convience of his home. It was probably the creepiest 2 years I ever had at a job. The freaking guy would call up and be like, "that meal looks good". When he couldn't be at his command center, he'd have his wife or children watching the cameras. I'm so glad, I mean really glad that at the job I'm at now there is 0 cameras and it's impossible for there to ever be cameras.

jesus, did you work in a sweatshop? Building bombs?

I Got Caught Shoplifting Yesterday I Think Cuz Of A Fuckin Camera. Fuck Im Pissed, BACK TO PROBATION

oh sicka

supremecharma
03-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Great topic. I loathe cameras. I was working at a place that had 7 cameras on me at all times and the boss had it wired to where he could watch from the convience of his home. It was probably the creepiest 2 years I ever had at a job. The freaking guy would call up and be like, "that meal looks good". When he couldn't be at his command center, he'd have his wife or children watching the cameras.

man, i would get a couple of hard, pipe hittin negroes to get to work on the homes, with a pair of pliars and a blow torch......

TAURO
03-05-2007, 01:27 PM
if there are all these cameras

who is watching them?

it seems like it would take a lot of manpower to watch everybody on camera

and that sounds like a job that most people would hate

You should try living in London, it's one of the most monitored citys in the world.

LHX
03-05-2007, 01:32 PM
You should try living in London, it's one of the most monitored citys in the world.

no doubt - i heard about that

its not much better in most cities

this is a old thread

but i still kinda wonder who the hell watches all this stuff?

its not even possible

Prolifical ENG
03-05-2007, 01:36 PM
They are never watched 100% but you can watch them at faster speeds and when you see some suspicious behavior you slow the cameras down. At work on a Monday morning I've seen my boss watch a whole day of Sunday in about 30 mins.

WARPATH
03-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I got caught shoplifting in a Media Play in Denver once, when I was 16.

I got to see the extent of their camera technology in that store.

The guy zoomed in on every dark person in the store asking me if it was one of my buddies. He didn't know that I came in with a couple of white boys.

After that I realized that any store I go into, i'm gonna be watched, by just the way I dress and look.

I never shop lifted again.

Funny thing was, it wasn't the camera that caught me, it was the undercover security that followed me to where there were no cameras.

LHX
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
They are never watched 100% but you can watch them at faster speeds and when you see some suspicious behavior you slow the cameras down. At work on a Monday morning I've seen my boss watch a whole day of Sunday in about 30 mins.
good point

GAYLORD
03-05-2007, 04:19 PM
in a couple of years software will be able to monitor fulltime.

now it makes too many mistakes. for example if someone is nervoulsy waiting for the bus it "mistakes" the person for conspicious.

TAURO
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
no doubt - i heard about that

its not much better in most cities

this is a old thread

but i still kinda wonder who the hell watches all this stuff?

its not even possible

Each company have their own survailance teams each working their own district, in central London it is monitored by teams 24 hours a day. I know this because here they show a lot of reality programmes about them and how they deal with crime.

Jet Set
03-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Algorithms are being designed as we speak to detect irregular behaviour in trains. One could only speculate where this premise could take Big Brother.

Gawd
03-05-2007, 10:09 PM
they make sense in trial. ppl wont clog up the system as they have been recorded commiting a crime rather than he said she said. its clear as day on cctv. ppl deny they commited a crime untill you show them the footage. all of the sudden they admit and we save tax money by the person pleading guilty.,

netscape check two
03-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Do they have it set up on some people's cable tv in England, where they have a channel where each citizen can watch security cameras of their local area, and if they see anything suspicious, they are supposed to contact the police?

maestro wooz
03-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Do they have it set up on some people's cable tv in England, where they have a channel where each citizen can watch security cameras of their local area, and if they see anything suspicious, they are supposed to contact the police?

that would be nuts. I'm hoping the answer is no.

Bloo
03-06-2007, 01:17 AM
True story mang, I definately don't agree with surveilance, I was just stating how it helped one situation, although as I put in the end it really didn't help anything because the fact that it occurred is the real problem.

They've been talking about doing the same thing here for a while. In my old apartment complex there were 2 homocides and a body found in the trunk there. They put up cameras last month and a new management company came through and evicted like 120 residents. As crazy as it sounds Jax has the highest murder rate in FL. 35 so far this year and it's only March. In a way I'm against the cameras because it takes away privacy and I'm all about the beast conspiracy. But at the same time I'm for em cause if it will help bring down the crime rate then so be it.

I got caught shoplifting in a Media Play in Denver once, when I was 16.

I got to see the extent of their camera technology in that store.

The guy zoomed in on every dark person in the store asking me if it was one of my buddies. He didn't know that I came in with a couple of white boys.

After that I realized that any store I go into, i'm gonna be watched, by just the way I dress and look.

I never shop lifted again.

Funny thing was, it wasn't the camera that caught me, it was the undercover security that followed me to where there were no cameras.

That's the same way my boy got bagged. But his ass was stupid as hell stealing out of Wal-Mart during the Christmas season. I'll drop some knowledge on ya'll though. Inside tip from an actual security guard at Wal-Mart. The only time all the cameras in the store are on is during holidays and busy seasons. During the off season the only cameras they have on are the ones by the registers and in the parking lot. Don't say I never gave ya nothing :dududu:

Visionz
03-06-2007, 01:22 AM
[QUOTE=Bloo;754514]They've been talking about doing the same thing here for a while. In my old apartment complex there were 2 homocides and a body found in the trunk there. They put up cameras last month and a new management company came through and evicted like 120 residents. As crazy as it sounds Jax has the highest murder rate in FL. 35 so far this year and it's only March. In a way I'm against the cameras because it takes away privacy and I'm all about the beast conspiracy. But at the same time I'm for em cause if it will help bring down the crime rate then so be it.35's crazy man, if someone gets killed in Austin, it usually drunk drivin or the cops themselves,

supremecharma
03-06-2007, 01:33 AM

:clap: no man

supremecharma
03-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Each company have their own survailance teams each working their own district, in central London it is monitored by teams 24 hours a day. I know this because here they show a lot of reality programmes about them and how they deal with crime.

Thats what THEY want you to think...

TAURO
03-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats what THEY want you to think...

Thats bullshit, I know about this because I worked within that sector.

Jet Set
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes, that was done and on the news some odd half year ago.

Traders to control CCTV cameras
Traders in part of Nottingham are being allowed to monitor CCTV cameras in the area as part of a pioneering scheme to tackle vandalism. The project in Sherwood has been set up by a partnership of police, the city council and Neighbourhood Watch.
Traders can view the footage from 10 CCTV cameras, which will go live on Monday, over the internet.
A further 22 CCTV cameras will be available for local businesses to buy as part of phase two of the scheme.
'Momentous occasion'
Mike Douglas, who chairs the Sherwood Neighbourhood Watch Association, said: "The system is unique because it's the community that has pushed to put this in place.
"We've had some great backing from local councillors and the police, and phase one is going to be quite a momentous occasion because we actually control the data."
The CCTV data can be accessed over the internet via a secure channel.
Neighbourhood Watch has been working with the police and the council to put the scheme together over the last three years in response to a rise in anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the area.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/6404199.stm

Published: 2007/02/28 20:09:21 GMT

Đ BBC MMVII

Gawd
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
yesterday i saw a dood get shot 6 times on one of these cameras. he was killed for bumping into a 18th street member while walking at night down the sidewalk. the killer was caught because of the tape. in hoods where ppl dont tell or are to scared too cameras are good.

V4D3R
03-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Cameras have saved many lives. Enough said.

A "Public" camera doesn't invade your privacy.

Some people can get real anal about this conspiracy Big Brother shit.

Dirty Knowledge
03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I Got Caught Shoplifting Yesterday I Think Cuz Of A Fuckin Camera. Fuck Im Pissed, BACK TO PROBATION:loser:

You be stealing shit then pawning it?

Basers stay doing that shit.

V4D3R
03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
^I love to middle on that kind of shit actually. Buy cheap - sell high, everybody is happy.

I got 12 "42 1080dpi LCD's for sale- holla.

And I don't play base. I pay bills.

Gawd
03-06-2007, 05:09 PM
sicka gawt caught stealing cuz he is a moron. shouldnt be stealing anyway. i mean how would your ancestors feel if some white doods just stole their land? i mean cmon sicka.

AcidPhosphate69
03-07-2007, 02:47 PM
yesterday i saw a dood get shot 6 times on one of these cameras. he was killed for bumping into a 18th street member while walking at night down the sidewalk. the killer was caught because of the tape. in hoods where ppl dont tell or are to scared too cameras are good.

I think I saw the video you're talking about. The guy got shot because he punched a gang member in the face for bumping shoulders with him. Granted, he shouldn't have been shot but the other guy really was asking for it trying to be tough to the wrong dude.

Gawd
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I think I saw the video you're talking about. The guy got shot because he punched a gang member in the face for bumping shoulders with him. Granted, he shouldn't have been shot but the other guy really was asking for it trying to be tough to the wrong dude.
the gang member elbowed the dood, then the dood punched him. Not a reason to be shot.

Dr.Weird
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM

haha what the fuck that sounds creepy, i would have never stayed even two weeks nevermind two years

Dr.Weird
03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm all for security cameras for surveliance etc. But where I live theres far too many, I seen a thing on tv in ny i think it was and an old woman was about to open the door of her flat and a guy came up and I'm guessing he was pretending to ask for directions and you see the woman pointing where to go n' shit then he just punches her full swing. He hits her face at least 12 times from what I can remember and stomps on her I think, and steals her purse n' shit, it was fucking sickening man.. I'm glad they caught that on tape. I hope he dies in prison. I wouldnt be suprised if the poor old woman died