- threatening people

all of these approaches seem to get ignored
or
they are flat out unproductive

maybe even destructive

i will add on as the failures continue

TeknicelStylez
04-08-2006, 12:28 AM
I just go about it in a discussion manner, I won't even switch up the flow of conversation to get to the point, I just let it ride.

For instance I was chillin with some younger cats, and they was asking me why I had so many books. I told em that reading was important, they started going on about, "Fuck reading shit boring etc". I taught them that the brain is a muscle and if you don't use it than it will develop atrophy. How television, shows the information for you so in the future you can't process it on your own. Than I explained to them what happens when you're ignorant, I said to them "You can manipulate a stupid person easily right, if you're friend is really dumb it's easy to get him to do things", they agreed. Than I explained to them that if they don't educate themselves than that same thing will happen to them on a grander scale. They took my point. You just gotta know how to break it down with people. If you attack them with information they are going to get overwhelmed.

LHX
04-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I just go about it in a discussion manner, I won't even switch up the flow of conversation to get to the point, I just let it ride.

For instance I was chillin with some younger cats, and they was asking me why I had so many books. I told em that reading was important, they started going on about, "Fuck reading shit boring etc". I taught them that the brain is a muscle and if you don't use it than it will develop atrophy. How television, shows the information for you so in the future you can't process it on your own. Than I explained to them what happens when you're ignorant, I said to them "You can manipulate a stupid person easily right, if you're friend is really dumb it's easy to get him to do things", they agreed. Than I explained to them that if they don't educate themselves than that same thing will happen to them on a grander scale. They took my point. You just gotta know how to break it down with people. If you attack them with information they are going to get overwhelmed.

its true

thats why forums like this are so great

people can take it and leave it as they want to

something to keep in mind when putting up material for discussion

Aqua Luna
04-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Sometimes I can't believe that this is a WU - TANG site.

it just blows my mind...

TeknicelStylez
04-08-2006, 01:28 AM
Whats the motive behind that statement?

Aqua Luna
04-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Whats the motive behind that statement?
Cause, almost every Wu member goes by Allah or God...and they are BLACK

I say that the Blackman is God and these people call me racist and kkk

I'm like wtf?

Not only that, but if you listen to what the Wu says in their lyrics - c'mon they ain't talking bout no - What would Jesus do?...lol

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2006, 01:48 AM

^More teachers in our education system should take this approach. It could spark the minds of the youth to not fall victim to the brain washing of the masses.

LHX
04-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Cause, almost every Wu member goes by Allah or God...and they are BLACK

I say that the Blackman is God and these people call me racist and kkk

I'm like wtf?

Not only that, but if you listen to what the Wu says in their lyrics - c'mon they ain't talking bout no - What would Jesus do?...lol

have you listened to them lately?

Queen Of Poetry
04-08-2006, 09:41 AM
LHX excellent topic..............it is true that on here folks can read and absorb or they can role it off their backs..........in life, folks don't even listen to what u say so they can't absorb anything............ignorance.............

Queen Of Poetry
04-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Also.............u can't control how another person feels, acts, etc........u can only control ur own..........if it is meant to be that it will, if not, there's a reason............u can't allow another to consume ur energy............

LHX
04-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Also.............u can't control how another person feels, acts, etc

true
you can provide suggestions
but
ultimately you cannot control it

u can only control ur own

true

u can't allow another to consume ur energy

true
and if given the opportunity
they will consume your energy

LORD NOSE
04-08-2006, 11:16 AM
from my experience so far

here is a list of approaches to spreading awareness that dont work

- warning people
- preaching to people
- belittling people
- calling people out
- condemning people
- threatening people

or

maybe even destructive

i will add on as the failures continue

they don't work for who ?

depends on who is doing the warning,preaching,belittling,condemning,and threatening.

out of 100 people who post here , at least 2 will understand whats going on

hidden ninja
04-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I think the problem is what others are not doing: listening.

Frontal Lobotomy
04-08-2006, 05:11 PM
^^ Right on. But it takes more than just listening to become educated. The world has been worked in a way that most people believe that they are incapable of controlling their own destiny, something in part which came from listening too much. When you listen, you get imposition, and imposition isn't always a good thing. Reading books helps a lot too, but you have to be careful of that imposition effect once more. Television? well, we'll just skip that one. Verbal discourse is certainly a great way of sharing ideas on an equal levelling. Like LHX mentioned, the approaches that people try haven't worked, and this mainly because of the imposition effect, once again. What is arguably the biggest problem with the masses, is that they don't ask questions. You can be as decently educated as you like, but if you can't ask the questions, you're just one of them.

LHX
04-08-2006, 05:37 PM
they don't work for who ?

depends on who is doing the warning,preaching,belittling,condemning,and threatening.

out of 100 people who post here , at least 2 will understand whats going on

good point

slow money better than no money

Edgar Erebus
04-08-2006, 05:43 PM
^More teachers in our education system should take this approach. It could spark the minds of the youth to not fall victim to the brain washing of the masses.

If you haven't noticed this is the point of whole school system... To create young idiots who'll follow their leader wherever he wants. To create a whole generation of disinterested and empty youngsters. That's why in my hood they call me a madman whan I want spark anything in their mind...

TeknicelStylez
04-09-2006, 12:11 AM
You lure more bee's with honey.

Alot of people are very stand-offish and opinionated, than they're like "WTF WHY DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO ME". I think you just have to be a great speaker. 99% of the times when I get deep and I really start to speak about my view on the world and I start getting really into it, people listen. When they walk away from me they just like "Damn Tek, thats some deep shit." It's all about how you say it, the confidence in your voice, how you convey yourself, how you present the information, how well you keep them involved.

I know I can get up on a podium and rock a crowd. I have gotten up in front of my whole class plenty of times and actually taught them, and all of them listened to me without any interuptions.

maestro wooz
04-09-2006, 03:41 AM
one that works, piece by piece and start with the smallest bite

TeknicelStylez
04-09-2006, 03:47 AM
Patience to, you gotta plant them seeds little by little. Even if it takes you likea year or two just from little subliminal suggestions, to get the mind capable of being cultivated, it's worth the process.

LHX
04-09-2006, 10:10 AM
it seems that another element to this
is that you have a certain responsibility to teach people if you are capable of doing so

but
a good teacher depends on having good students
and
a good student only appears if the environment for learning presents itself

like tilling a field before you plant the seeds

if you just start tossing seeds every where without doing the foundation
you are gonna waste a lot of seeds

galt john galt
04-10-2006, 03:47 AM
not making relative to the times

The Void
04-10-2006, 07:00 AM
It's so true, I am on another forum and I see so many people who are preachy and they wonder why people don't listen.

Blazing Fire
04-10-2006, 11:37 AM
they say hitler was a great public speaker

moses on the other hand he wasn't always so good with his words

galt john galt
04-10-2006, 04:34 PM
partisan sectarian we/them they/us dialectical political diatribes

TeknicelStylez
04-10-2006, 04:41 PM
they say hitler was a great public speaker

moses on the other hand he wasn't always so good with his words
What exactly are you implying? You toss 2 names up in the fold with some context around them.

Martin Luther King was a great public speaker, Malcolm X was a great public speaker, and if moses wasn't a good public speaker, you think all those people would've listened to him? Like "Ok guys.... I think we should all leave..." and everyone made this grand exodus?

Don't post nonsense please.

galt john galt
04-10-2006, 11:53 PM
either or approaches don't work. should be definite with a foundation.

Blazing Fire
04-12-2006, 09:12 AM
What exactly are you implying? You toss 2 names up in the fold with some context around them.

Martin Luther King was a great public speaker, Malcolm X was a great public speaker, and if moses wasn't a good public speaker, you think all those people would've listened to him? Like "Ok guys.... I think we should all leave..." and everyone made this grand exodus?

Don't post nonsense please.

bro if you have any knowledge about the books of moses you would know that moses had aaron do his speeches because he was not slick-tongued like you

G

TeknicelStylez
04-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Slick-Tongued

Scoff

"SPEECH IS MY HAMMER BANG THE WORLD INTO SHAPE, HOOO!!!"

LHX
04-12-2006, 09:29 AM
either or approaches don't work. should be definite with a foundation.

'maybe' can be definite

the unknown can be definite

the undefinable can be definite

dif de la rev
04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
not foreseeing/planning for the after math.

say you want a revolution but what will fill the void vacum? give some people a taste of freedom and they might lose their heads. has to be where all variables are looked at that can infringed on the desired effect.

GAYLORD
03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
from my experience so far

here is a list of approaches to spreading awareness that dont work

- warning people
- preaching to people
- belittling people
- calling people out
- condemning people
- threatening people

or

maybe even destructive

Advice. Giving someone an advice or even warning. Good thread.

Fuck you LHX! I didnīt ask you to give me advice! You think you are more clever than me? Fuck you! I can run my own life.

Oh yeah...youīre always preaching the same shit. My ears almost start bleeding, so shut the fuck up.

Yeah..nice of you. Hmm...I will think about your advice (I canīt change shit eitherway but nice of him).

Iiiii got so much funky shit inside my brain, I couldnt explain. You know? You come up with this and that but my reality and my ideas are obsessing my mind right now. And there is a reason I think like that.

Without coming forward you wonīt be coming near me.

Often the soulusion to many problems lies withing oneself. When Iīm confused and all distracted with doubts I canīt listen to others. First I need my peace of mind. And often people make the mistake to just state their opinion or advice which of course sounds kind of cheap then. Itīs better to build a common ground.

Tekīs example was really good, too. You made them curious, you didnīt just insult them back.

Peace.

diggy
02-13-2009, 01:19 AM
some say

the student comes to the teacher when he/she is ready

telling people certain things could be like telling a child why they need to eat healthy food

they will understand once the effect of negative eating hits them

then they seek a solution to their problem

so the student in most cases seeks the teacher when he/she is ready

Charles Barry
02-13-2009, 05:24 AM
some say

the student comes to the teacher when he/she is ready

telling people certain things could be like telling a child why they need to eat healthy food

they will understand once the effect of negative eating hits them

then they seek a solution to their problem

so the student in most cases seeks the teacher when he/she is ready
No doubt. A true teacher can impart wisdom and knowledge even when it's not apparent to the recipient. When one is too proud or stubborn to realize that they don't have the full picture, sometimes you have to hand them fragments over time. It may take a while, but eventually the pieces can come together.

LHX
02-13-2009, 09:53 AM
time is a great ally

if you acknowledge eternity, then you dont need to rush anything

LORD NOSE
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
its about sharing what you think you have that no one else wants cause no one else held onto what you have like you did - so they cannot see the need for receiving what you are conveying

its hard being a used toilet tissue saleman

LHX
02-13-2009, 10:13 AM
until there is no new toilet tissue left

and even the used toilet tissue becomes scarce

diggy
05-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Some just see the obvious, others connect the dots to form a big picture.

Some are reactionary, others are proactive.

Some have knowledge, others have wisdom.

IrOnMaN
05-14-2009, 01:14 PM

I agree. I remember when I was in high school, the male teachers would gather up all the male students in the auditorium and would bash us for being young black males. The problem was that they didn't address a problem to the solution. All they did was talk down to us and tried to tell us how to "better" ourselves. Their approach wasn't organized nor formal. They judged us based on our race and outside appearances. I saw this as normal self hate.

Jehovah witnesses are the same way. They assume things and judge how someone looks. Some don't know how to organized an approach correctly. "Do you believe in God?"

It's just like you said, be formal, don't judge, don't assume, don't load them with lots of information that they know nothings about, don't try to intimidate them by saying how successful you've been or using very complex words, and don't verbally insult them.