PDA

View Full Version : My Sociology professor

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Yesterday I was in my sociology class and we were discussing institutions in society that control are thoughts, behavior, speech, etc. My teacher was listing them on the board. I mentioned the FCC, and she was clueless. I had to explain what the fuckin FCC was to a college professor?!!

The other day we were discussing the topic of rape and I asked her if she was following the Duke University Lacrosse team scandal. She replied: "No, I never watch the news."

Can you guys believe this? I mean its one thing to not watch the news and maybe have a degree in some obscure field in which the news may not be relevant, but she teaches SOCIOLOGY! C'mon...

Aqua Luna
04-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Word...I'm telling you - college is not where the truth is.

It's good to learn a skill or a certain profession but, them fools is there to hypnotize ya ass into becoming a social zombie.

I went to college...but, I learned more from the drunk bum on the corner then I did from them whitewashed so-called professors.

TeknicelStylez
04-08-2006, 01:33 AM
I noticed college having a large impact in dividing people into classes. Kid's go to college with one thing on their brain and come out programmed social stereotypes. Repeating the same things over and over again like it's the truth or something.

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2006, 01:52 AM
^ Like my older sister

.....sometimes I want to just smack some sense into her

TeknicelStylez
04-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Yea, I see latinos coming back to the hood, that have been beaten battered and fuckin belittled their entire lives for being a minority, acting like they better than people.

Visionz
04-08-2006, 02:02 AM
I'm goin to school at ITT just to get a degree. If I wanna learn anything I have to study the books cause about half my teachers are crap. I think they know what they're doin but they don't know how to explain it. It's really just a coorperate scam to snatch dollars anyways. Really you could just bye the books and get certified if it was something you're interested in. A degree really is just a fuckin piece of paper.

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2006, 02:12 AM
Yea my micro communications teacher is a prick, hes a fat, disgusting, ex-cop-nerd with a real negative attitude. We recently started learning PERL script and his expectations are way too high for a bunch of people who've never messed around with a programming language like this one. I went and spent $30 on a book to teach myself, cuz he won't teach you jack shit. Every once in a while he may show some examples but he leaves it up to you to learn everything. My tuition money is paying his salary, it should be expected that he at least helps me occassionally instead of yelling "look it up on google!"

Once I get my degree Im gonna tell this ex-pig of what I really think about him If I catch him in public

Visionz
04-08-2006, 03:09 AM
^fuck it man, tell him on campus, if you got the degree what are they going to do? I'm all for remaining calm, but sometime you gotta check them fuckas. It didn't happen to me but one of the teachers there actually refuses to answer questions his responses are "that's what the books for".
I've heard the same story from like 5 different people. I think I would cuss his ass out on the spot. Seriously what the hell is he doing that deserves a pay check?, and to top it off ,he's a math teacher! You know a lot of people have problems with math. He shouldn't even be there.

Frontal Lobotomy
04-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Most University lecturers are idiots. Sure they have a degree and a masters in something, but they don't have any people skills for shit. They teach you nothing about individuality or free thinking, if anything it's pretty much outlawed by red-tape and curriculum. If anything, they want you to end up just like them; drones.
With regard to the Sociology prof. I can see where she coming from as I never watch the news either, it's too prone to spin. I read like 2 different newspapers so that I can at least balance out the spin. But a few rape cases will make the papers, so she should at least be doing her part there. Although, like I said before, most uni teachers are stupid, and Sociology ones are among the more stupid of them.

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2006, 05:16 PM
^ your comment is right on point