LHX
04-09-2006, 06:33 PM
enlightenment is expressed in many different words
- understnding
- revelation
- redemption

there are 3 identified paths to enlightenment

1 - intense and dedicated study - to find enlightenment
2 - severe trauma or near-death experience or prolonged suffering - to be enlightened
3 - drug use - to open the doors to enlightenment

all 3 of course have their pros and cons

the pros of 1 are that it is 'safest'
but
it takes the longest

the pros of 2 are that its fastest
but
you go thru physical hell to get there

the pros of 3 are that its easiest
but
if you go places that you are unprepared to go to - you run danger of getting lost

for most people
the trip takes a detour thru all 3 paths

for me personally
drugs opened my eyes a bit
but
it was traumatic experiences that kicked my journey into high gear
then i studied for a long time
and now i am getting a taste of the prolonged suffering
and i still study

please add on if you have any insights

or stories to share

or any other reason how you wound up spending time discussing philosophy on an internet forum

peace

galt john galt
04-10-2006, 12:10 AM
i have gone through all three and i'm still prone to the third and forever in the first. in a line of succession it went three two one.

SubtleEnergies
04-10-2006, 03:05 AM
I kind of avoided drugs totally. I study alot now....which I do to try and escape a traumatic situation I find myself in.

Prince Rai
04-10-2006, 06:14 AM
drugs would bring you to that state but as you said, its the most dangeours and can take you where you are unprepared to go.

the ebst personally is the first.

just with the highest of attributes, "patience", will we find enlightenment at high degrees.

imo

LHX
04-10-2006, 06:38 AM
drugs would bring you to that state but as you said, its the most dangeours and can take you where you are unprepared to go.

the ebst personally is the first.

just with the highest of attributes, "patience", will we find enlightenment at high degrees.

imo

it is true
but
ultimately
whatever vehicle gets you to the destination and allows you to stay there
is the right one

The Void
04-10-2006, 06:48 AM
When I took acid for the first and only time I was able to see chakras of a few people and a large rock. What I saw from one friend was that of almost a devil, the second person had a red ring around his forehead and the rock was like a white coil encircling it.

I later read a book called Intermediate Studies in the Human Aura by Djwar Kul, can be purchased very cheap here ~ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0916766136/002-2190183-3275238?v=glance&n=283155

What I saw when I dropped was exactly what was in the book, I have forgotten what my friend's condition was, possibly that he is angry about the world he created, the person with the red ring around his forehead meant that he was misusing his third eye. The rock's coil were in the likeness of the Thirty Three Coils of Victory, what Jesus and all the other Masters have used to reach enlightenment.

Djwar Kul is one of the three wise men that helped teach Jesus these secrets.

One of the chakras they speak of is the Hidden Chamber of the Heart, a second heart chakra that is meant to open Man to the realisation that we are all one in the same. There are affirmations for each of the chakras to help develop them further.

LHX
04-10-2006, 08:10 AM
chakra and aura studies are interesting
but
they are a tough sell for a lot of people because they cant be seen on demand with the physical eye

knewcheeze
04-10-2006, 12:26 PM
PEACE
the quickest way to enlightenment is a vegan diet and fasting

LHX
04-10-2006, 01:47 PM
PEACE

fuck
i completely forgot about that one

maybe that would be along the lines of the second path on the list there

when you fast long enough you see all sorts of different perspectives

diet is crucial

there is much wisdom to be found in rice

Prince Rai
04-10-2006, 01:54 PM
is true LHX.

any path to a better state is worth pursuing.

and yes, nutrition is very important as well as breathing as we all know.

nutrition and breathing interact with the mental self.

a healthy body contributes to a healthier mentality.

LHX
04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
is true LHX.

any path to a better state is worth pursuing.

and yes, nutrition is very important as well as breathing as we all know.

nutrition and breathing interact with the mental self.

a healthy body contributes to a healthier mentality.

and a healthy mentality will pursue a healthy body

we wont be able to breathe anywhere on this planet soon the way things are going
so
i question the importance of breathing at this particular point in time

LHX
04-10-2006, 01:59 PM
i meant focussing on breathing

not breathing in general

Prince Rai
04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
of course.

"focus" is that element where the mind takes the brain and asks what is going on..how can be improve what we are doing.

basically, breathing happens without us thinking about it. focus lets a pool of knowledge spill onto breathing and we may figure better benefits.

humans collectively wont share the same focus, individually we can save ourselves from destruction by creatring a positive energy which is shared amongst some more minorities out there, who in return indirectly break the negative bond and create balance.

is wind natures focused breathing?

na diel
04-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Can enlightenment be found through informed meditation?

LHX
04-10-2006, 03:10 PM
either you've got it or you dont.

either you have what?

LHX
04-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Can enlightenment be found through informed meditation?

dedicated study?

maestro wooz
04-10-2006, 03:29 PM
also, the path and the way to walk it can be shown, but youre still gonna have to walk it

Prince Rai
04-10-2006, 03:36 PM
who meditates while walking?

walk against people walking ur opposite way and breath freely and focused.

ckretwon
04-10-2006, 05:28 PM
knowledge and faith are good paths to take toward enlightenment

Aqueous Moon
04-10-2006, 11:27 PM
It takes fucking pain and heartache to get to "enlightenment".

It takes fire.

galt john galt
04-10-2006, 11:50 PM
1)jurisprudence - paitence and persistence.

2)there is the way of the flash that floods and illuminates your mind and the way that grows on you like the dawning of day.

JackOfHearts
04-11-2006, 05:24 PM
im always at 1 i suppose, but i hav experienced path 2 heavily and in a way that is the path that shoved me on the verge of enlightement- sometimes i think i hav a good mind and lockdown on things, but i always seem 2 prove myself wrong!

LHX
04-11-2006, 06:14 PM
It takes fucking pain and heartache to get to "enlightenment".

It takes fire.

why dont any of these 'new age' hippie yoga freaks acknowledge this?

how come people these days are even getting tricked into this nonsense?

i guess it comes down to money again like always

all this dr phil - deepak chopra nonsense

those dudes are raking it in hand over fist
and yet
nobody is living any better for it

despite the message they claim to be sending out

yoga studios are almost worse than churches

galt john galt
04-11-2006, 07:33 PM
^^^^ blame the pr people who packaged and marketed it where it became a copeting industry where image is the vanity and the understanding one is to achieved is self-illusory as to actually truth.

yoga is individualistic and the church is group centered.

A_Wisdombody
04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
PEACE

I like that, lol. I am trying to go Vegan.

the silencer
08-06-2006, 11:36 PM
I like that, lol. I am trying to go Vegan.
im also in the slow process of becoming a vegan. Actually a vegetarian. I think it would be waay to hard to be a full vegan but after seein the shit at www.meat.org i was a little bugged out.

I'm already off all pork (boloney,hot dogs, bacon), i never ate red meat to begin with and i'm gonna try to stop eating chicken soon. I just gotta learn to start LIKING alot more vegetables and fruits because the list is pretty small for me right now.

ANYWAY...i'm wonderin why and how a vegan diet (or fasting) can lead to enlightenment??? Maybe i'm missing something but i don't see the connection..

Can anybody help me out?

thanks
PEACE

The Wizzard
08-06-2006, 11:57 PM
"all I know is hoe to think, wait and fast" - Siddhartha

The Wizzard
08-07-2006, 12:01 AM
ANYWAY...i'm wonderin why and how a vegan diet (or fasting) can lead to enlightenment??? Maybe i'm missing something but i don't see the connection..

Can anybody help me out?

thanks
PEACE

Fasting brings you closer to enlightenment because (opinion:) in order to be enlightened you might give up all posession and love everything equally. and when you fast you only consume enough to survive, where when you eat constatly you are giving in to diversions other than elightenment.

june181972
08-07-2006, 08:11 PM
- understnding
- revelation
- redemption

2 - severe trauma or near-death experience or prolonged suffering - to be enlightened

The only one that works is number one.

Number two, is a melo-dramatic, hollywood propagated myth.
Just because you have an interesting, gangster, adventerous, or deep-dark story to tell, does not mean you are enlightened.
If one is truly enlightenned, they would be wise enough to not even put themselves in those "extreme" situations.

"One does not have to suffocate before they know that they need air"

As far as drug use goes, Princerai said it best. PATIENCE
Where your mind ends up after getting high is not neccessarily bad, but you truly have no clue how you got there.
Therefore, you cannot back-track and really put those thoughts in to action.

"Its not the destination, it is the journey."

On several occasions, I have have studied intensely late into the night. And without me realizing it, I got high off of them books. The feeling was quite similar, yet infinitely more fufilling, to choking on the greenery.

When one uses knowledge to gain enlightenment, one can then create, establish, and initiate their own "struggle". With this, one actually has built their own foundation, and can then show and prove the true value of this enlightenment.

LHX
08-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Number two, is a melo-dramatic, hollywood propagated myth.
Just because you have an interesting, gangster, adventerous, or deep-dark story to tell, does not mean you are enlightened.
If one is truly enlightenned, they would be wise enough to not even put themselves in those "extreme" situations.

i dont think that is the type of 'near-death experience' i was referring to

i was thinking more along the lines of earthquakes or tornadoes or bad traffic accidents or illness or having a gun pointed in your face

i wasnt talking about sky-diving or other thrill-seeking adventures

i agree with most of what you wrote besides that tho

Peace

the silencer
08-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Fasting brings you closer to enlightenment because (opinion:) in order to be enlightened you might give up all posession and love everything equally. and when you fast you only consume enough to survive, where when you eat constatly you are giving in to diversions other than elightenment.
i'm wondering more how a vegan or vegetarian diet can have an enlightening effect..and HOW.....

thanks for the answer tho.

LHX
08-08-2006, 08:08 AM
i'm wondering more how a vegan or vegetarian diet can have an enlightening effect..and HOW.....

thanks for the answer tho.

what you eat has a big influence on the person you are
similar to the way what you read and the information you take in has an influence on the person you are

try it out for a while and see what happens

Dirty Knowledge
08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Experience, experienece, experience. It takes growth, knowledge and understanding of what life is to be enlightened. I know people who are really book-smart, but wouldn't survive in the streets or alone without the comfort of someone telling them how smart they are or a professor grading all of their ideas and thoughts. I know people are really street-smart, but can't get a job, go to school or even formulate a decent argument or point without raising their voice or pumping a fist. As always, there's two sides to the coin and rarely a flip of it will decide how you end up in life. Enlightenment to me cannot be achieved but recognized because in the beginning we have all been enlightened. To this life, this world and the simple knowledge which is everyday common-sense and wisdom. There's no authority on who's right, who's wrong and what state of mind is the right one but when you believe within yourself that you have all the power to achieve your goals and when you can wake up and smile no matter how hard or how easy you have it, you are enlightened. To what the world really is.

Dirty Knowledge
08-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Oh and drugs can definitly help you on whatever path you're taking unless of course you are abusive in your habits. I find certain drugs put me in a mood of not stupid high-school giddy shit laughing and giggling at dumb shit, but a state of mind where I want to learn, want to write and want to educate others on what I feel. You have drugs like weed which for the most part help us all relax. Most of us probably smoke weed, like I do, simply to ease some sort of stress. Then there's drugs like DXM, or LSD, which can put you in either a euphoric, sexual, mindless trance or a deep-thought, educational trance where you want to just jot down mad ideas and pen wisdom to share or hold on to. Drug use to me is probably second to experience, really they both go hand-in-hand, but through the use of them you most definitly will go through some sort of change which will sharpen your senses (enlighten you) or eat you alive.

the silencer
08-09-2006, 11:03 AM
^^truth!!

SG
01-12-2008, 03:00 PM
- understnding
- revelation
- redemption

all 3 of course have their pros and cons

the pros of 1 are that it is 'safest'
but
it takes the longest

the pros of 2 are that its fastest
but
you go thru physical hell to get there

the pros of 3 are that its easiest
but
if you go places that you are unprepared to go to - you run danger of getting lost

for most people
the trip takes a detour thru all 3 paths

for me personally
drugs opened my eyes a bit
but
it was traumatic experiences that kicked my journey into high gear
then i studied for a long time
and now i am getting a taste of the prolonged suffering
and i still study

please add on if you have any insights

or stories to share

or any other reason how you wound up spending time discussing philosophy on an internet forum

peace

it takes time and noticing repeated movements

(observing yourself from outside of yourself)

STYLE
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
a combination of 1 and 3.

i'm a mad scientist of sorts, i conduct experiments on myself from time to time, like changing diets, cycling through meditation regiments and searching for the perfect drug combination and doses.

i have found that psychadelic drugs play an important part in reaching enlightenment. LSD and Shrooms are good i have yet to try Salvia.

i think that in todays society there are so many distractions and mental/spirtual interference that you, or at least i do, need to drop, in order to block/counteract the static. (for the purpose of intense spiritual activities)

tripping should have a focus. you should not trip just to see some weird shit, cause you are entering into a deep forest and you better have your map and compass. some folks wanna do drugs and let go. bad idea. thats when the boogey man comes to visit.

i suggest deep meditation before, during, and after the trip, followed by study and analysis of the trip.

i have astrally projected and traveled to other dimensions. i'm working on time travel but it takes a much more prolonged intense effort to swim against temporal currents rather than quickly split the seam of spacetime and hop thru.

was it all in my head? yes, but that doesn't make it any less real. do you love you mom? is that love all in your head? same thing.

these feats require knowledge discipline and clarity. plus the wisdom to analyze interpret and apply the knowledge gained thru enlightenment.

diggy
01-12-2008, 07:35 PM
What specifically are u guys trying to attain and why?

STYLE
01-12-2008, 07:52 PM
What specifically are u guys trying to attain and why?

truth.

what is the truth? is the most basic human question.

we are living in a sythesized reality that is filtered and altered to hide the truth.

and i'm not talking "ufos and 9/11" i'm talkiing about the truth about yourself and what is your role in this world, what power lies dormant within you.

oh yeah , and doing these meditations with a group.....at one point we were manifesting thought on such a large scale and so rapidly that we quit for a few months. for fear that we weren't ready for that kind of power and we might manifest something dangerous.

this was without drugs. we were trying to ascend up the tree of life following the path laid out by Ra Un Nefer Amen. this was a 2 year experiment that had dramatic results.

RAMESH
01-12-2008, 07:55 PM
you want enlightenment smoke a fuckin joint

STYLE
01-12-2008, 07:59 PM
you want enlightenment smoke a fuckin joint

drugs only unlock the door you have to open it and step thru. i find that weed is the least effective psychoactive substance for obtaining enlightenment. simply because its too easy to just lay back and do nothing and think nothing.

diggy
01-12-2008, 09:18 PM
truth.

what is the truth? is the most basic human question.

we are living in a sythesized reality that is filtered and altered to hide the truth.

and i'm not talking "ufos and 9/11" i'm talkiing about the truth about yourself and what is your role in this world, what power lies dormant within you.

oh yeah , and doing these meditations with a group.....at one point we were manifesting thought on such a large scale and so rapidly that we quit for a few months. for fear that we weren't ready for that kind of power and we might manifest something dangerous.

this was without drugs. we were trying to ascend up the tree of life following the path laid out by Ra Un Nefer Amen. this was a 2 year experiment that had dramatic results.

What exactly happened?

Os3y3ris
01-12-2008, 10:50 PM
i'm working on time travel but it takes a much more prolonged intense effort to swim against temporal currents rather than quickly split the seam of spacetime and hop thru.I'm an old man and I'm dying. These current moments are merely memories, so I move freely. Delusions even, so every moment is grandiose. Ayahuasca. Drink up and respect the end.

WARPATH
01-13-2008, 08:55 PM
was it all in my head? yes, but that doesn't make it any less real. do you love you mom? is that love all in your head? same thing.

these feats require knowledge discipline and clarity. plus the wisdom to analyze interpret and apply the knowledge gained through enlightenment.

Everything has a frequency. Love maybe just an expression of something more deeply rooted in the wanagi.

But just like basic physics, an object in motion stays in motion until acted on by another force.

I'm just rambling here but:

You remember when Cyber told Wolverine he could see he was scared from the aura given off from his brain? Then wolverine siad "that's not fear bub."

It's comic books but I think it has merit.