PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

baby jesus
10-15-2007, 10:05 AM
How was Jeter robbed of the AL MVP last season? You don't think Justin Morneau deserved it?
I Guess Jeter Didnt Get Robbed Badly Because Morneau Deserved It But I Thought Jeter Deserved It More. The Power Numbers Are Gonna Of Course Favor Morneau But Thats Not Jeters Thing He Almost Won The Batting Title He Lost To Another Twin Mauer. So Who Was More Valuable To The Twins Its Questionable And I Know Cano Was In The Running For The Batting Title To But He Just Had Enough At-bats And When He Was Hurt For Awhile Jeter Was Defiently Carrying The Yankees For That Season And Even Though Morneaus Numbers Might Be More Impressive Jeter Just Does Little Things Everyday Especially LAst Year To Help The Team Win. I Hate To Say This Because This Probably Bothers People To Know End But They Do Say To Understand How Good A Player Jeter Is Who Have To Watch Him Everyday. Someone Even Left Jeter Completely Off There Ballot Thats Bullshit Right There.

Oh And Rock I Can Also Name You Who Was Talked About For Mvp Besides Morneau And Jeter I Remeber For Awhile Dye And Ortiz Were Gettin Talked About Heavy But There Teams Fell Off Boston After The Yankees Murdered Them. So Get The Fuck Out Of Here With The Lame Shit.

beautifulrock
10-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh And Rock I Can Also Name You Who Was Talked About For Mvp Besides Morneau And Jeter I Remeber For Awhile Dye And Ortiz Were Gettin Talked About Heavy But There Teams Fell Off Boston After The Yankees Murdered Them. So Get The Fuck Out Of Here With The Lame Shit.

I think you are simply a genius, I apologize, all hail your googling skills.

beautifulrock
10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Did anyone pick the Rockies to even be in the playoffs before the start of the season? What's up with this team? lol

I picked them to win after dirty Knowledge said the Padres were IN the playoffs and before the Padres lost game 162 to the Brewers and the one-game playoff to the Rockies. Steve Phillips picked them just after the all star break too, thats pretty Nostradamus-esque.

baby jesus
10-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Hahaha Na I Knew It I Meen You Dont Think I Wasnt Keepin Up With The Mvp Race Last Year Especially With Jeter Involved Of Course I Was. You Keep Coming With This Shit About How Yankee Fans Know Nothing Is Silly Especially When The Mets Have Easily One Of The Stupidest Fan Bases In Sports.

beautifulrock
10-15-2007, 02:10 PM
. You Keep Coming With This Shit About How Yankee Fans Know Nothing Is Silly Especially When The Mets Have Easily One Of The Stupidest Fan Bases In Sports.

How do you come to that conclusion? Just spouting off in anger? Don't be mad little boy, nobody cares if you are stupid.

baby jesus
10-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I Live On Long Island The Home To The Most Mets Fans Besides Queens Thats How I Came To That Conclusion. But Whatever I Dont Really Care It Is What It Is.

Dirty Knowledge
10-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah.. Rock.. you're mad prophetic. . Anyway... I was calling the Rockies to be in the Playoffs in May. Fuck if you don't believe me. And BTW, I am loving this ALCS. If the Tribe plays the Rockies, it would be so dope there may even be some snow!! Hahaha! This Grady Sizemore kid is nice, KEnny Lofton has officially turned in to Willie Mays and the Rockies are just putting teams away and stepping on their throat. Hope the TRibe finish off the BoSox because they ain't as good as the NAtion thinks they are. Ya'll got some OLD ASS pitchers too!!! Wakefield is gonna get ROCKED WITH THATFUCKING PUSSY KNUCKLEBALL SHIT IN CLEAVE!!!

Storm
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
The winning streak that Colorado is on is simply amazing. Good job to them for doing what they're doing.

check two
10-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Any predictions yet for the Rockies/Indians World Series?

wuswordz95
10-17-2007, 04:37 PM
go Clevend!!!. yes one more win and the crybaby nation are eliminated. YES THERE IS A GOD.

Storm
10-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Any predictions yet for the Rockies/Indians World Series?

Im going with Cleveland. The Rockies may be on a hot streak, but they have to eventually cool off.

baby jesus
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Man People Here Are Jumpin The Gun I Hope Clevland Puts Away Boston. Besides The Yankees There Would Be Nothin Better Then A Rockies Indians World Series.

Dirty Knowledge
10-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I'll take the Rockies. Can't put a stop to what they're doing. You talk about locked in..

beautifulrock
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
I'll take the Rockies. Can't put a stop to what they're doing. You talk about locked in..

The only thing that can stop them may be the longest layoff ever...8 days

check two
10-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Maybe some of the crazy Red Sox fans could take a few of the Indians players hostage before tonight's game.

wuswordz95
10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Did i ever mention. I HATE THE BOSTON RED SOXS.

ronaldo6
10-20-2007, 04:10 AM
i dont care who wins the world series now i just cant wait for next season for the tigers to play again wooo hooo

THE W
10-20-2007, 07:56 PM
i believe boston is gonna come back and win this series. the indians shouldnt have lost game 5.

wuswordz95
10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
i believe boston is gonna come back and win this series. the indians shouldnt have lost game 5.

i fear that u may be right. i hate boston red soxs. hopefully god strikes lighting on the boston red soxs and its crybaby fans. man i wish i had the attitude of that detroit tigers fan, not caring about the world sereis and looking foward to next year.

beautifulrock
10-20-2007, 11:59 PM
GAME 7 Let's see if Dice -K was worth all that dough

Storm
10-21-2007, 10:01 AM
just breaking in, Paul Byrd had recieved HGH from 02'-05, wow

THE W
10-21-2007, 11:28 PM
for my next prediction, i have boston winning in 5 games. the rockies do have momentum, but so do the red sox after yet another spectacular comeback.

beautifulrock
10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
^^^cs .................... thought u weren't watchin?

check two
10-22-2007, 12:36 AM
I admit, I was wrong. I called the Red Sox out too early, so congrats to the Red Sox. Also, congrats to the 2007 World Series champions, the Colorado Rockies.

wuswordz95
10-22-2007, 04:24 AM
the rockies will sweep the redsoxs. it just makes me sick that he boston redsoxs have gone this far. the bostonred soxs have to be one of the most hated teams in base ball. the got to. clevend droped the ball. fuck manny ramirez!

THE W
10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
^^^cs .................... thought u weren't watchin?
i was watching the michigan/illinois game which was on late saturday. i checked out the baseball game during commercial breaks. i tuned in to game 7 around the 5th inning to see if boston would actually finish it.

Dirty Knowledge
10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Fucking BoSox... they're prolly gonna take the whole thing now. I honestly didn't think they could come back. But then again, I knew Carmonas and SaFATthia were loooong overdue for a REALITY CHECK. Dustin Pedroia is that dude. Hopefully Rockies make it interesting.

baby jesus
10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah I'm Pissed Carmona Or Sabitha Couldnt Get It Done I Hate To Say This Cause I Hate The Redsox More Then Wuswordz95 Could Ever Know But I Think They'll Sweep Colorado. I Just Hope The Rockies Could Score Some Runs To Make Games Intresting Becasue I Dont See The Rockies Pitchin Staff Holding Down The Red Sox Lineup.

check two
10-23-2007, 12:29 AM
The Rockies smacked around Beckett and the Red Sox during the regular season. They are going to be blasting hits off the Red Sox pitchers once again.

Dirty Knowledge
10-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Haha someone was watching their Sportscenter today ^^^

Storm
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
The Rockies smacked around Beckett and the Red Sox during the regular season. They are going to be blasting hits off the Red Sox pitchers once again.

I hope so

wuswordz95
10-23-2007, 11:06 PM
whoa!! it sems like everyone is going against the red soxs. its like they took the yankees spot( I apologize to any yankee fans on this board) I have faith that the rockies will win. btw I would rather have the yanks in the world sereis over boston anyday.

Storm
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
^^Its funny because, I was watching ESPN First Take yesturday and the blk women(I forgot her name) was saying how she hopes Boston doesnt win the World Series because of how the Red Sox fans would be even more annoying and hard to deal with if they were to win another Championship. I never really liked her in the show but after that, I have to respect her for that, lmao.

wuswordz95
10-24-2007, 05:21 PM
^^^^ thats so funny.

beautifulrock
10-24-2007, 10:42 PM
This is slightly off topic but isn't Ashanti just awful? I mean she looks like Sam Cassell and Nick Van Exel had a child together. Yuck

check two
10-25-2007, 03:02 PM
lol Is First Take the same show that used to be called Cold Pizza? Or are they two different shows? I liked it when Woody and Skip were on the same show together. lol

Storm
10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
This is slightly off topic but isn't Ashanti just awful? I mean she looks like Sam Cassell and Nick Van Exel had a child together. Yuck
is that her name?. Lol, I think you have the right match.

lol Is First Take the same show that used to be called Cold Pizza? Or are they two different shows? I liked it when Woody and Skip were on the same show together. lol

I think they renamed Cold Pizza, Espn First Take and took out all the non-sports stuff they did. I really liked Cold Pizza though, pretty good show. lmao, Skip and wood are so hilarious when they are arguing, gotta love it.

wuswordz95
10-25-2007, 05:41 PM
hey id fucked the shit out of ashanti. true bitch cant sing

Storm
10-25-2007, 05:54 PM
I think he's talkin bout the ashanti on ESPN first take. Not the RnB Ashanti, she is fine

beautifulrock
10-25-2007, 06:20 PM
I think he's talkin bout the ashanti on ESPN first take. Not the RnB Ashanti, she fine

No I'm def talkin bout the singer, sorry just can't stand that stupid bitch, she looks like an alien.

Storm
10-25-2007, 06:27 PM
No I'm def talkin bout the singer, sorry just can't stand that stupid bitch, she looks like an alien.

ohh ok, lol.

check two
10-26-2007, 12:27 AM
I was wondering what Malcom, from that Malcom in the Middle show, has been up to lately. I saw he plays center field for the Red Sox. And David Ortiz should maybe try to lose a little weight, no offense. Maybe try to get down to like 430 pounds or so. Cause I don't want to see him have a heart attack trying to 'run' around the bases.

THE W
10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
arent we bitter today...

funny how the postseason changes things. beckett and schilling locked them up in the first two games. im not gonna say this thing is over but in order for them to win there gonna have to find a way to break beckett who has been untouchable this post season and get to schilling who's back on his game.

its all about game 3 with the $billion japanese baby on the bump. if the rockies win tommorow i think they'll win game 4 as well which will at the very leat put some pressure on beckett to come up with another big start.

Dirty Knowledge
10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Red Sox think they're so good. In 50 years, I'll be telling my kids "I saw the Red Sox last two World Series wins in the early 2000's"

Storm
10-26-2007, 04:23 PM
^^lol, hopefully true

check two
10-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm not trying to be bitter. lol Just was concerned about Ortiz's health. He look like he might explode soon.

Storm
10-27-2007, 01:37 PM
yea he does look like that when he running hard around the bases lol

beautifulrock
10-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Red Sox think they're so good. In 50 years, I'll be telling my kids "I saw the Red Sox last two World Series wins in the early 2000's"

That's awful presumptuous considering the direction that franchise has gone and the decisions they made in the past few years.

wuswordz95
10-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I was wondering what Malcom, from that Malcom in the Middle show, has been up to lately. I saw he plays center field for the Red Sox. And David Ortiz should maybe try to lose a little weight, no offense. Maybe try to get down to like 430 pounds or so. Cause I don't want to see him have a heart attack trying to 'run' around the bases.

rofmfa. hahaha

wuswordz95
10-27-2007, 02:19 PM

well if thats true. then red soxs fan will make up a excuse on why they havent won a world sereis in 50 years. they will blame it on a curse.

btw im gonna root for the boston redsoxs, for the sweep. I hate boston red soxs, but I want to have a horrible week now .I figured since this coming week is wu week. ghostface concert monday. methodman hollyuwood dvd on tuesday. I;m gonna buy iron flag on wedenesday. american gangsta on friday. its gonna be wutastic week. bostron red soxs will not spoil my wu week. so win it all on sunday

THE W
10-28-2007, 07:32 AM
i think the rockies are gonna win game 4 and the sox will rap it up on monday with beckett on the bump.

hectis
10-28-2007, 10:22 AM
i think the rockies are gonna win game 4 and the sox will rap it up on monday with beckett on the bump.

is becket going to picth

Storm
10-28-2007, 10:52 AM
he probably will, i dont think the Red Sox would want to risk losing 2 straight and losing momentum

hectis
10-28-2007, 11:38 AM
he probably will, i dont think the Red Sox would want to risk losing 2 straight and losing momentum

no i ment game 4

beautifulrock
10-28-2007, 11:41 AM
no

hectis
10-28-2007, 11:43 AM
then game 5 it will be over

Storm
10-28-2007, 12:35 PM
ohh, I thought you ment game 5.

wuswordz95
10-28-2007, 07:48 PM
rockies are losing 1-0. I hope the rockies fans kill the boston redsoxs

hectis
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
redsox own baseball right now

beautifulrock
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
They sure do, congrats Boston, you earned it. In other news...just to steal Boston's thunder a little, being the complete moronic assholes they are, Scott Boras and the New York Yankees decided to leak the story in the 7th inning of last nights game that Alex Rodriguez had opted out of his contract with the Yankees, effectively becoming a free agent, because the Yanks front office previously stated that had Rodriguez opted out, the Yankees would lose the last $21 million dollars still owed to the Yankees by the Rangers for the original contract and they would no longer have dealings with Alex. So ends the lackluster A-Rod Yankee years. On the flip side, who wants him, who can afford him.....think West coast.

hectis
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
a-rod is not worth the money he wants imo

check two
10-29-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm not saying A Rod isn't a good player and all... Though before he got there, they were winning World Series. During his time with the Yankees, they had no World Series appearances. I'm not saying it's A Rod's fault they didn't make it there, but I don't see how he helped to improve the team much. By the way, did he actually say the comment before that he gets critized sometimes because he's too good looking, or something stupid like that? lol Maybe after baseball he could find a career in fashion design.

THE W
10-30-2007, 05:36 AM
it was a bad idea so sign Arod for that much money anyway. he wasnt worth it and the yankees never got a real return on their investment. could've spent the money they used to get him to improve other parts of their team like their starting pitching and bullpen.

yankees spent all that money on bats and then spent a ton of money on over the hill pitchers. it isnt Arod's fault,yankee management was fucking retarded.

pneumatic
10-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Detroit just picked up Renteria and moved Guillen to first so we can get rid of Casey. I have a real good feeling about next season.

Dirty Knowledge
10-30-2007, 11:24 AM
yankees spent all that money on bats and then spent a ton of money on over the hill pitchers. it isnt Arod's fault,yankee management was fucking retarded.

Been saying this for years now...

Hopefully, Gay-Rod leaving will turn the shit around and it will. Wtf was he talking about? "I dunno what Petite, Mo or Posada were gonna do so I left" wtf? I bet those three don't even talk to your faggot ass off the field punk. Go get a manicure, go to the West Coast like a true homo or Better yet come to SOUTH BEACH I couldn't picture Gay-Rod in any two other places. Glad he's done. Hope we offer Mo, Andy and Pettite something to stick around all 3 need to stay. Get rid'a Flamin Damon and Bobby Abreu and Moose and Clemens while you're at it.

Dirty Knowledge
10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Detroit just picked up Renteria and moved Guillen to first so we can get rid of Casey. I have a real good feeling about next season.

Big move. Renteria's bat was HUGE this season, if he brings anything close to that next year Detroit's gonna get big. I said this year I always thought Detroit's lineup was second behind Yankees, now with Gay-Rod gone I dunno but next season sure is gonna be pretty fucking awesome.

Storm
11-13-2007, 05:43 PM
We got Posada signed, now we need to sign Rivera and Miguel Cabrera..lol

Storm
11-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Looks like A-rod might be coming back after all..lets see what happens in the upcoming days

hectis
11-23-2007, 10:24 AM
hunter signed with the angels for 90 mill he will make them an even better team

Storm
11-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Why did they sign him?, they have Matthews jr, is he going to be suspended?

wuswordz95
11-23-2007, 10:00 PM
i dont like that the angels signed tori. i would have perfred darin ersatd.
hell the angels should have signed carlos silva. they need some middle relief pitchers.

rest in peace to joe kennedy.

hectis
11-23-2007, 10:12 PM
rest in peace to joe kennedy

the silencer
11-23-2007, 10:21 PM
yea that was sorta sad to see..

i'm a big A's fan n he had some goods and bads with them but he's got a wife and 1 year old son....that shit is sad man

Storm
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
It really shocked me to see him die, we'll see what was cause eventually...R.I.P.

Dirty Knowledge
11-28-2007, 11:08 PM
RIP Joe Kennedy...

So who's coming out the winner in the Santana sweepstakes?

hectis
11-30-2007, 10:43 PM
the mets

CherChezLaMarauder
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
lol @ the sorry ass mets.....loser...Yanks got yohan

hectis
12-01-2007, 10:25 AM
lol @ the sorry ass mets.....loser...Yanks got yohan

they might them or the sox(red)

Storm
12-01-2007, 04:28 PM
I don't want Santana if we're giving up Hughes, Kennedy, Cabrera, or any 5 star prospect.

Dirty Knowledge
12-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I said this year I always thought Detroit's lineup was second behind Yankees,

MIggy and Dontrelle to Detroit.. WOOOOOOWWW... Detroit's gonna BALL this upcoming season.. watch out Boston and New York..i'm still not buying the LA Angels though.

Yanks not going down queitly though. I'm hearing about a possible Dan Harren pickup. THAT would be sweet. Wouldn't be a Johan.. but damn close. If Boston does get Santana believe the Yankees ain't gonna just sit there and not get something big. I'm liking Dan Harren because we probably wouldn't have to give an arm and a leg like for santana...

pneumatic
12-05-2007, 08:29 AM
MIggy and Dontrelle to Detroit.. WOOOOOOWWW... Detroit's gonna BALL this upcoming season.. watch out Boston and New York..i'm still not buying the LA Angels though.

Yanks not going down queitly though. I'm hearing about a possible Dan Harren pickup. THAT would be sweet. Wouldn't be a Johan.. but damn close. If Boston does get Santana believe the Yankees ain't gonna just sit there and not get something big. I'm liking Dan Harren because we probably wouldn't have to give an arm and a leg like for santana...

I just saw that last night, and were only giving up some prospects that I don't really care about.

Storm
12-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Damn I didn't see that coming. Detroit got a bargain.

baby jesus
12-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Yeah Detriot Took A Big Step Up With That Trade They Took That Step Up To Powerhouse Team Like Yankees And Boston. I'm Kind Of Happy The Yankees Arent Gettin Santana He's Great And I Would Love To Have Him But I Really Didnt Want To Give Up All The Prospects They Were Talkin About. Boston Is Possibly Gonna Get Him For Less Then The Yanks Were Gonna Have To Give Up In My Opinion. I Heard Oakland Is Asking For Pretty Much The Same Deal For Haren As Minnesota Is For Santana So I Say Fuck It The Only Player I'd Think About Givin That Much For Is Santana Himself.

Its Time For Chamberlin, Hughes, And Ian Kennedy Era To Begin I'm Looking Forward To It.

Dirty Knowledge
12-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Yo, Baby, I ain't know that about Dan HArren though(that their asking for all our guys as well).. now that you informed me.. I say fuck it, let that Era you begin - that sounds nice. We still got A-Rod and you know he'll be ballin in the season. It's all about the playoffs with him. Yanks though regardless of any moves this year can't slack like last year in the record. From start to finish we gotta put teams down and cut their throat. We can't let Boston take the AL east this year. Because it looks like the AL is going to dominate again this year and I'm thinking off the bat the playoffs are automatically:

Yanks
BoSox
Angels
Tigers

I don't think we can let a garbage team like the Tribe, Mariners or even the Twins to sneak in this year and we have to fight them for a Wild Card spot.

JRoll
12-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Philly taking the east baby J-Roll says 100 wins.

Storm
12-28-2007, 12:15 AM
when did he say that? what are Phillies off season acquisitions so far? I haven't been up to date with the off season this year.

JRoll
12-28-2007, 12:34 AM
He said it a while ago. so far we got Brad Lidge in a trade with Houston for Michael Bourn, Geoff Geary and a prospect. This moves Myers back to the starting rotation. We also got Geoff Jenkins from Milwaukee, Chad Durbin from Arizona I think. signed So Taguchi to a 1 year deal. He was on St. Louis. We lost Aaron Rowand to San Fran. the muts got johnny estrada and ryan church but lost paul lo dickhead and lastings asshole. im not concerned with the others cuz they suck...as do the muts.

JRoll
12-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Jimmy Rollins is my favorite player. Ive watched him ever since he was in the minors. Die hard Philly fan since I was little. I kno your gonna make fun of me since the Eagles suck.

Storm
12-28-2007, 12:59 AM
He said it a while ago. so far we got Brad Lidge in a trade with Houston for Michael Bourn, Geoff Geary and a prospect. This moves Myers back to the starting rotation. We also got Geoff Jenkins from Milwaukee, Chad Durbin from Arizona I think. signed So Taguchi to a 1 year deal. He was on St. Louis. We lost Aaron Rowand to San Fran. the muts got johnny estrada and ryan church but lost paul lo dickhead and lastings asshole. im not concerned with the others cuz they suck...as do the muts.
ohh ok, yea you guys do look like your going to contend again this upcoming year.

Jimmy Rollins is my favorite player. Ive watched him ever since he was in the minors. Die hard Philly fan since I was little. I kno your gonna make fun of me since the Eagles suck.

I'm not that type of fan even though I hate what McNab has done to us the past years lol.

JRoll
12-28-2007, 01:10 AM
lol ya especially that game when he scrambled like a madman!

Storm
01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Santana to Mets, whats everybody think of that?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure yet...im assuming the Mets gave up alot of young talent to get him. Santana had a shitty year last year. The Indians went 4-0 against him...I think he was overworked and he's not a big guy to begin with. He may have had his best years already, but I still think he has some good ones left...
But I dont think he will be the dominating force he was....He'll be an all star, just not a cy young guy.

check two
01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I guess he's considered the best pitcher in baseball?

Storm
01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
They gave up Carlos Gomez, Phil Humber and two other prospects I never heard of.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-30-2008, 10:07 AM
I guess he's considered the best pitcher in baseball?

I guess people forgot about Beckett, Sabathia and Roy Halliday just to name a few.

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
^^^ lollol @ sabbathia.

Anyway... naw... I don't think he is as good as he was in his best years... last year he fell off bigtime... for a superstar pitcher... but he'll return to perfect form this year and probably win a solid 20 games I predict. Mets are a powerhouse and with Johan they added that number 1. Four prospects for Santana, not sure whom, but all young guys not even sure if they're all pitchers. Mets definitly win in this trade... they prolly will choke again though.

Storm
01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
They traded 3 pitchers and an outfileder which they proboably didn't need. I know two prospects of the four are really good prospects.

Storm
02-01-2008, 06:48 PM
It's offcial now. Now we gotta see what the numbers are on this contract.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2008, 01:59 AM
7 years 150 million....way overpaid..they are crazy.

If Sabathia wants that, I say trade his ass...for a 30 year old pitcher that is way too much money. Baseball is stupid with this shit.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2008, 02:00 AM
The Mets problem is they try to compete with the Yankees with this big name shit and dont realize how valuable prospects are because they cost so little for about 5 years in the big leagues. Maybe even more.

Storm
02-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Yea, athletes are getting way overpayed thses days. I don't remember what Barry Zitos numbers were on the contract but I'd definitely not pay him for that much.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2008, 11:03 AM
No pitcher at the age of 30 is worth that kind of commitment.

Dirty Knowledge
02-02-2008, 07:03 PM
They're nuts locking this guy up for seven years....

check two
02-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Don't a bunch of pitchers still play well into their upper 30's and into their 40's though?

Dirty Knowledge
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes but look at Roger Clemins and how many teams he played for at those ages.

Here's a good example when you lock someone down: Fausto Carmona. Young, and mad talented. That's when you lock someone down longterm. Johan isn't like, an old man, or anything, but he's still been in the league for seven years.. and now you want to sign him for ANOTHER seven? I hope the Mets get him for every year and he doesn't get hurt.. but it's RISKY BUISNESS.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Thats how mid market and small market teams usually do it, but there is a max to how much you can sign them....Carmona is still like a year or two away from his first decent contract, so he will be with the Indians for another 5-7 years with Sizemore and the rest of their young players.

Baseball players dont get the opportunity to make big money until they are like 28-30, depending on when they start, so thats why these contracts are always so risky, yet these guys demand big money cuz of their track records and the fact that they are technically still in their prime, even if it maybe be for only 2-4 years during the contract...
And all teams could afford a guy for 3-5 years, but its the extra 2 that only the big market teams can afford, which is why they always end up in NY, LA or CHI.

But that can be good or bad....Look at all the bad decisions the Yankees have made

beautifulrock
02-07-2008, 01:21 AM
If anybody thinks the Mets overpaid for Santana, they are crazy or quite simply don't understand the value of a number one starter ....excuse me....the BEST #1 starter in baseball. Tell me you wouldn't want him on the Yankees, Red Sox or the INDIANS ...heh emm ...(Nicky). Any talk of the Mets overpaying or overcommitting is just jealousy especially if he brings a title within the next couple of years. Gammons says the move has catapulted the Mets to easily the top of the National League and a favorite to be in the World Series...BTW what is the monetary value for winning one of those? The question is rhetorical. You know the answer. And you know if the Mets win a World Series within the next 7 years (which they will, mark my words) it will easily be worth the cash.

Dirty Knowledge
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Watch out for the Marlins this year dogg.

baby jesus
02-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Just Got Over The Giants Superbowl Pitchers And Catchers Have Reported Already Got Opening Day Tickest For The Last One In Yankee Stadium History.

So What Do People Think The Yanks Should Do With Joba Keep Him In The 8th Or MAke Him A Starter To Tell You Truth I Like Him In The 8th That So Valuable Nowadays For The 8th And 9th To Be Locked Down. If We Dont Whos Gonna Pitch The 8th Farnsworth Or Hawkins That Has Bad News Wrote All Over It. I Still Dont Know Why They Didnt Offer Doug M A Minor League Deal Like Lamb Or Ensberg Besides The Injury Last Year He Did Pretty Well At 1st. The Underdog Role Should Be Cool Shit The Yanks Havent Won In The Fav Role Recently So Fuck It.

But Anyway Cant Wait For The Season To Start Lets Go Yankees!!!!!!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
02-16-2008, 01:46 AM
If anybody thinks the Mets overpaid for Santana, they are crazy or quite simply don't understand the value of a number one starter ....excuse me....the BEST #1 starter in baseball. Tell me you wouldn't want him on the Yankees, Red Sox or the INDIANS ...heh emm ...(Nicky). Any talk of the Mets overpaying or overcommitting is just jealousy especially if he brings a title within the next couple of years. Gammons says the move has catapulted the Mets to easily the top of the National League and a favorite to be in the World Series...BTW what is the monetary value for winning one of those? The question is rhetorical. You know the answer. And you know if the Mets win a World Series within the next 7 years (which they will, mark my words) it will easily be worth the cash.

Of course I'd want Santana, but not at that price for that many years....only the big money teams can take on that kind of contract.....Which is why unless Sabathia takes the home team discount, he will leave the Indians.

Dirty Knowledge
02-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Yo, Baby, I don't like the idea of Pettite being our #2. I hope that by the playoffs, he's in the bullpen. Same with Moose. I honestly do not think we can win with Moose and Pettite starting in the Playoffs. We've gotta blow up the staff and put the young guns out there this year and just let it be.

Dirty Knowledge
02-18-2008, 07:59 PM
the BEST #1 starter in baseball.

We'll see what Cole Hamels has to say about that.

Polocash7
02-23-2008, 06:35 PM
If anybody thinks the Mets overpaid for Santana, they are crazy or quite simply don't understand the value of a number one starter ....excuse me....the BEST #1 starter in baseball. Tell me you wouldn't want him on the Yankees, Red Sox or the INDIANS ...heh emm ...(Nicky). Any talk of the Mets overpaying or overcommitting is just jealousy especially if he brings a title within the next couple of years. Gammons says the move has catapulted the Mets to easily the top of the National League and a favorite to be in the World Series...BTW what is the monetary value for winning one of those? The question is rhetorical. You know the answer. And you know if the Mets win a World Series within the next 7 years (which they will, mark my words) it will easily be worth the cash.c/s. That's the best pitcher in the game. Sure,it was a lot of money. So what? The Mets can afford it. They had a void and filled it w/the best in the game. U can't get any better than that. Trust,no one in the NL wanted to see Santana come to the Mets

11th Chamber
02-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Cant wait til the season starts. I plan on going to either the 3rd or 4th game of the Tigers opening season. Whichever one Dontrelle Willis starts

pneumatic
02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Yep. I'm waiting for regular tickets to go on sale. It sounds like a shit load of season tickets are being bought this year... so I hope that doesn't mean I'll have shitty seats now.

RynMur
02-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Has anyone started a fantasy baseball league yet? If not, lets get some responds to see how many people will join.

Dirty Knowledge
03-05-2008, 01:31 AM
I would but I never keep up I haven't been able to in years. ^

On other notes, I hope Mike Mussina keeps getting rocked in Spring Training so Giradi throws his ass in the bullpen because that's where I wanna see em this season.

CuzinBilly
03-25-2008, 07:15 AM
and were goin to extra frames! sox and a's tied at 4. extra innings.

Storm
03-26-2008, 04:53 PM
I really do not know why the schedule is like it is. Playing two meaningful in overseas and then coming back to play spring ball AND THEN going back to the regular season.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Yo, Baby, I don't like the idea of Pettite being our #2. I hope that by the playoffs, he's in the bullpen. Same with Moose. I honestly do not think we can win with Moose and Pettite starting in the Playoffs. We've gotta blow up the staff and put the young guns out there this year and just let it be.

You won't even get to the playoffs this year with Moose and Pettitte as your starters. I think its Angels, Tigers, Indians and Red Sox.

Predicitons???

11th Chamber
03-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Im pretty sure my Tigers are the team to beat this year.

The only thing holding us back is our shakey bullpen, thats it.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Tigers are tough, but there pitching is not so tough. And the Indians probably have the best in baseball, so it will be an interesting contrast. Im looking forward to the rivalry and talking shit to 11th chamber all summer.

11th Chamber
03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Tigers are tough, but there pitching is not so tough. And the Indians probably have the best in baseball, so it will be an interesting contrast. Im looking forward to the rivalry and talking shit to 11th chamber all summer.

sounds good to me

Verlander
Bonderman
Willis
Robertson
Rogers

is a good enough starting rotation to get the job done. Thing is, once they get to the 6th,7th inning is where it all falls apart once the bullpen steps into play. The offense would also disapear late in the game too. Gotta solve those problems

Olive Oil Goombah
03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Well all those guys you named had bad seasons last year and Kenny Rogers is 80, so we will see if they can rebound to there World Series form. The lineup will be tough, but its all about pitching....the Tribe had Lofton, Belle, Baerga, Thome, Ramirez, Alomar and couldnt get past Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and co.

baby jesus
03-26-2008, 08:32 PM
You won't even get to the playoffs this year with Moose and Pettitte as your starters. I think its Angels, Tigers, Indians and Red Sox.

Predicitons???
Counting Out The Yankees Not Wise. The American League Is Tougher Then Ever But The Yanks Always Find A Way. I Know He's Been Banged Up So Far But Isnt Pettitte The Guy Who Shut Down Your Team In The Playoffs?

Olive Oil Goombah
03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Counting Out The Yankees Not Wise. The American League Is Tougher Then Ever But The Yanks Always Find A Way. I Know He's Been Banged Up So Far But Isnt Pettitte The Guy Who Shut Down Your Team In The Playoffs?

Yea, but they lost the series. They beat up Moose and Chink chong wang..pretty badly I might add. Plus, add another year to Pettitte. He's pretty old.

The Yankees are runnin out of tricks. Team is getting old, Rivera aint what he used to be. Chamberlain is good but now they are thinking about making him a starter??? Sounds desperate to me.

check two
03-26-2008, 10:46 PM
How come Lofton isn't on the Indians anymore? They should have kept him.

It seems like a lot of past and present Yankees players are involved in steroids and/or HGH. What's up with that? lol

11th Chamber
03-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Counting Out The Yankees Not Wise.

Isnt that what every Yankee's fan has said the last 7 seasons?

baby jesus
03-27-2008, 09:39 AM
And The Yankees Have Made The Playoffs The Last 7 Years. It Will Be Tough And They Probably Have More Question Marks Then They Ever Had But I Still Think They Got Enough To Pull Out A Playoff Spot. Once You Make The Playoffs You Never Know Whats Gonna Happen.

I'm Actually Enjoying The Yankees Not Being Somewhat Of The Favorite For Once. Oh And Mo Maybe Not What He Once Was Unhittable Now Hes Just Really Really Really Good.

Complex
03-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Royals are gonna suprise some heads this year.....

beautifulrock
03-27-2008, 11:22 AM

Oh really? Are they planning on hiding in their opponent's locker room and jumping out in frightening costumes?

King Tron 1
03-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I wanna a Phillies/Reds championship this year.

Complex
03-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh really? Are they planning on hiding in their opponent's locker room and jumping out in frightening costumes?

who knows...

seriously tho we got an ill pitching rotation, young players with a ton of potential, and a nice bullpen...

just watch...

King Tron 1
03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Go Phillies!!!

beautifulrock
03-27-2008, 11:51 AM
who knows...

seriously tho we got an ill pitching rotation, young players with a ton of potential, and a nice bullpen...

just watch...

Greinke and Meche are just okay. It will be a shock if they finish higher than 3rd in that division.

King Tron 1
03-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Go Phillies???

Complex
03-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Greinke and Meche are just okay. It will be a shock if they finish higher than 3rd in that division.

Meche was top 5 in ERA i think
Bannister is a 12 game winner
Greinke is a prodigy son, his best is yet to come
Bale is pitching the best right now out of the team in spring
Tomko is a veteran and playin his best right now...

but your right we are in a tough division, I got high hopes tho...

I think Gordon is gonna have a breakout year, watch out for him....

Olive Oil Goombah
03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Meche was top 5 in ERA i think
Bannister is a 12 game winner
Greinke is a prodigy son, his best is yet to come
Bale is pitching the best right now out of the team in spring
Tomko is a veteran and playin his best right now...

but your right we are in a tough division, I got high hopes tho...

I think Gordon is gonna have a breakout year, watch out for him....

Royals have some young talent and their pitching aint bad but they still have a ways to go and being in the Central doesnt really help their chances.

They will probably occupy the cellar again BUT if they can somehow finish above Minnesota, that would be a nice accomplishment.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
How come Lofton isn't on the Indians anymore? They should have kept him.

It seems like a lot of past and present Yankees players are involved in steroids and/or HGH. What's up with that? lol

Lofton is old. Last year he was a rented bat and legs. He did well, but the Indians think Franklin Gutierrez will become a very good player in RF and in LF they are going with Dellucci and Jason Michaels. Had Dellucci not gotten hurt last year, they probably don't even pursue Lofton.

Also, Ben Francisco will get a look. He was the AAA Batting Champ last year.

11th Chamber
03-27-2008, 02:23 PM

they have been slowly getting better, but they got Detroit and Cleveland in their division, so....

King Tron 1
03-27-2008, 02:28 PM
No Phillies?

baby jesus
03-27-2008, 03:10 PM
I Got To Say I Would Love To See The Royals Start Winning And There Def Improving But That Division And The Amercian League As Whole Is Just So Tough. But There Making Strides Bannister Is Ill, I Like Grienke But He Needs To Start Developing In To The Ace I Always Expected Him To Be. Soria Is A Pretty Good Closer And I Think Gordon Is Primed For His Breakout Year As Well.

pneumatic
03-28-2008, 10:14 AM
No Phillies?

No way.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-28-2008, 10:25 AM
The only thing with the Royals is that they seem like they are constantly rebuilding, they never take that step up. Its weird. Its like they are perpetuallly trying to get younger.

King Tron 1
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
No way.

No Phillies... :'(

pneumatic
03-28-2008, 02:22 PM
No Phillies... :'(

LOL

King Tron 1
03-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Phillies? :o

beautifulrock
03-28-2008, 03:06 PM
mets!!!!!!

check two
03-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I would think the Phillies are the favorite to win that division, but it should be close again.

Dirty Knowledge
03-29-2008, 12:49 AM

I love how the Indians beat the Yankees and they're the best shit since sliced bread. BEST in Baseball? Are you fucking joking me? The Indians will be battling the Chicago White Sox this year for 2nd in the division; the Tigers are Mack Daddy of the Central this year -- get your shit together.

Dirty Knowledge
03-29-2008, 12:54 AM

I can't believe we didn't beat them that game, Pettite was dealing. Carmonas was too though. That was the gnat game where Joba blew it. Still though...I don't buy in to Carmonas, especially the rest of that staff.

Didn't Westbrook, Carmonas and Sabbathia get absolutely rocked by Boston when BoSox won 3 in a row last year when the Indians were up 3 games to 1? Yeah I think in the last 3 games that awesome fucking pitching staff gave up 30 runs. Boston outscored 'em 30-5 after going down 3-1 in the series, hahaha. Great staff!
:thumbup:

Dirty Knowledge
03-29-2008, 01:06 AM
I would think the Phillies are the favorite to win that division, but it should be close again.

Well keeping in mind the Met's choking last year, anything can happen. I'd assume that this is the year the Mets actually finish out the season and take of buisness instead of stumbling down the stretch. I expect the Phillies to snatch up that Wild Card spot though.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Your just mad cuz we bounced your old ass team from the playoffs. Convincingly. Sabathia only won the Cy Young and Carmona was a 22 year old 19 game winner whom almost everyone collectively in the league (hitters) says has some of the nastiest stuff in baseball.

Our bullpen is probly the best in baseball. Then you got Martinez, Sizemore, Hafner, Peralta...
The Tigers got a great lineup, but even Tiger fans will tell you, there pitching is a question mark. Its why the Indians dominated them last year head to head.

Get YOUR shit straight.

I guess you forgot the Yankees collapse up 3-0...hahahah..NICE WORK! Your inthe record books. Now trade away your farm system and sign some more 45 year old steroid users!! yay!!

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Your just mad cuz we bounced your old ass team from the playoffs. Convincingly. Sabathia only won the Cy Young and Carmona was a 22 year old 19 game winner whom almost everyone collectively in the league (hitters) says has some of the nastiest stuff in baseball.

Our bullpen is probly the best in baseball. Then you got Martinez, Sizemore, Hafner, Peralta...
The Tigers got a great lineup, but even Tiger fans will tell you, there pitching is a question mark. Its why the Indians dominated them last year head to head.

Get YOUR shit straight.

I guess you forgot the Yankees collapse up 3-0...hahahah..NICE WORK! Your inthe record books. Now trade away your farm system and sign some more 45 year old steroid users!! yay!!

Our bullpen is probably the best in baseball???

LOL

Because it was sturdy last year?

That was last year.

Just like the 26 Titles we got? Yeah, the ones people tell Yankee fans to "leave in the past"?

Leave last year's achievements there.

LAst years "Good" bullpen is gonna have to do the same work this year and then some to become "better".... so stop running your mouth on how good your bullpen "was", because the 08' season has yet to 100% fully get underway.

And yes I am mad that the Yanks lost to the pathetic sorry ass fucking Indians. How sad does it get?

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 10:23 AM
You bought your champioships you fake winner. That aint the first time we sent your asses home packin. A Cleveland Jew runs shit over their anyway

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 09:27 PM
You bought your champioships you fake winner. That aint the first time we sent your asses home packin. A Cleveland Jew runs shit over their anyway

Fake winner?

Yeah...

I dunno what a FAKE WINNEr is because in my opinion you even win or you don't. Speaking of winning... name the last time Cleaveland's done it..I dunno..in say the last 40 years. Name just one time they've won a Ring in you know, Modern Day, just one time they've won the World Series. Big bad mufcking Indians right? I'm gonna chill after this and let the season roll before I start actually arguing because this is all just warmups for the season buddy. Last year's embarassing letdown is officially behind me come tomorrow afternoon. You're going to have to load up with something else come Mid Summa/A-Rodtober.

:beer:

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 09:33 PM
You bought your rings....no explanations needed, just like you bought Babe Ruth.

But I can't wait till you and this dumbass yankee new yorker i work with get dogged for the second year in a row...but it won't be in the playoffs cuz you won't be there. come to thik of it, he was from SI too...must be the garbage they dump there. aaah

Good luck with Chink ming Wang and an the Grumpy Old men Pettitte(i rat out my best friend) and Moose.

I look forward to talkin shit all year.

11th Chamber
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Miguel Cabrera!!!

Let the reign begin

pneumatic
03-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Don't party yet... We letting it slip away already

smh

11th Chamber
03-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Don't party yet... We letting it slip away already

smh

yea I kno, typical Tigers bullshit.

Once the 6th inning starts, our pitching dissapears and our hitting stops.

Now the Royals are in the lead.

RynMur
03-31-2008, 02:47 PM
You bought your rings....no explanations needed, just like you bought Babe Ruth.

Sounds like you envy the Yankees franchise. I hate when people use this excuse when a team is most dominant in a sport.

11th Chamber
03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Sounds like you envy the Yankees franchise. I hate when people use this excuse when a team is most dominant in a sport.

Yankees havent been dominant in like 8 years

pneumatic
03-31-2008, 02:57 PM
yea I kno, typical Tigers bullshit.

Once the 6th inning starts, our pitching dissapears and our hitting stops.

Now the Royals are in the lead.

Carlos came through to tie us back up and Jones went 1-2-3 in the ninth.

11th Chamber
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Tigers lose.

Weak.

Dirty Knowledge
03-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Don't you feel somewhat stupid.

11th Chamber
03-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Don't you feel somewhat stupid.

regarding what? The Tigers losing? No.

Dirty Knowledge
03-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Haha, The Indians are about to blow this 7-2 lead Sabbathia had in the 2nd..

Top of the 7th, 2 on, No-Out, Big Daddy MAck Daddy Jim Thome at the plate..bout to smack in a Homer. Looks like I was wrong..ChiSox Mack Daddies of the AL Central!

EDIT:

Eh, Thome flied out to deep center. ;/

EDIT2:

Double By Konerko, Score Tied, Indians awesome Bullpen blows lead. 7-7. Yay Tribe! I know NickyTooch is lovin' this game!

EDIT3:

Octovio Dotel gets torn apart in the 8th, Indians up 10-7. Enjoy if it lasts, Nicky. I didn't know the ChiSox picked up Dotel though, that's a big move. Too bad he blew it today.

Better hope Victor Martinez injury isn't anything too serious.

Dirty Knowledge
03-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Johan Santana already in midseason form.

Dirty Knowledge
03-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Only Mother Nature Could Stop The Wrath That is The 2008 NEW YORK YANKEES!!

baby jesus
03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Only Mother Nature Could Stop The Wrath That is The 2008 NEW YORK YANKEES!!
Some Bullshit It Wasnt Even Raining When The Called It Off Now I Got To Go Back Tomm . The New Stadium Looked Fuckin Nice I Passed It By Walking In To The Stadium. It Looks Like Its Almost Done.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Haha, The Indians are about to blow this 7-2 lead Sabbathia had in the 2nd..

Top of the 7th, 2 on, No-Out, Big Daddy MAck Daddy Jim Thome at the plate..bout to smack in a Homer. Looks like I was wrong..ChiSox Mack Daddies of the AL Central!

EDIT:

Eh, Thome flied out to deep center. ;/

EDIT2:

Double By Konerko, Score Tied, Indians awesome Bullpen blows lead. 7-7. Yay Tribe! I know NickyTooch is lovin' this game!

EDIT3:

Octovio Dotel gets torn apart in the 8th, Indians up 10-7. Enjoy if it lasts, Nicky. I didn't know the ChiSox picked up Dotel though, that's a big move. Too bad he blew it today.

Better hope Victor Martinez injury isn't anything too serious.

I was at school, but i caught the ninth on the radio. Nice win. Long season. Hope Victors ok. You call me a hater?? I think im going to have you watching Tribe games under a microscope this year cuz your so envious. But i dont blaim you. Not much hope for pindykes.

Complex
03-31-2008, 06:10 PM
How Bout Them Royals!!!!!!!

baby jesus
03-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Wah The Yankees Bought There Rings Wah Stop Crying, And Fat Slob C.C. Sabitha Is Going To Have A Shitty Year Mark My Words. The Indians Are Goona Be The Odd Man Out Come Playoff Time.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-31-2008, 06:20 PM
lol...its true. I'm not crying. Its a fact baseball's playing field isn't level money wise. All im doing is reporting the facts.
As far as THIS year is concerned which is all that really matters, I don't see how any Yankee fan could be confident with that pitching. A-Rods on roids, Jeter has herpes...yikes.

Dirty Knowledge
03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
A-Rods on roids, Jeter has herpes...yikes.

Cleveland Indians
Established 1901 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1901_in_baseball)

World Series titles (2)
1920 1948

YIKES!!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM
but we still knocked ya sorry asses out last year.

LOOOOOOSEERRRRRR

http://www.britfilms.tv/images/news/Ace%20Ventura.jpg

Dirty Knowledge
03-31-2008, 10:28 PM
2 Rings in over 100 years, and you wanna brag about the Indians knocking off the Yankees????

And then losing a 3-1 series lead over Boston?

That's what you bring to the table.

Strong.

And you wonder why I just laugh at you bruah.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-31-2008, 10:34 PM
your corny.

Dirty Knowledge
04-01-2008, 01:40 AM
You're a fucking Internet faggot who looks for acceptance on a message board.

The fuck outta here.

Cleaveland loses again.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
riiiiiiiiight....

Dirty Knowledge
04-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

YANKEES WIN!!!

I taped the game gonna watch now.

Was at the Mets/Marlins game.

I didn't Drive Home... I kinda just... walked off.

oh boy, Met fans, do you have a problem 4 days outta' 5.

Storm
04-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Those were great defensive plays Melky made.

check two
04-01-2008, 11:06 PM
How come when they show the Marlins games on TV, they are like no fans anywhere?

Dirty Knowledge
04-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Met/Marlins games in Florida are awesome. You've got Met fans, Marlin fans (kinda) and then hella Yankee fans who like to take in baseball and also watch the Mets fall on their face to the Marlins. LOL.

Of course I hope everyone understands that Miami is NYC's 6th Borough and that there's more New Yorkers in South Florida than there are Haitians or Cubans!!

baby jesus
04-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Ahhhhhh What A Great Start To The Season Fuck Halladay The Wangster Shut Em Down. When Joba Came In The Crowd Was Crazy First Time I Seen Joba Live Then Mo comes In We All Know How That Goes. Melky Playin Big I Thought His Homer Was Just A Pop Up From My View Shocked It Went Out.

Seen A Guy Wearing A Patriots Shirt I Got My Whole Section Chanting 18 And 1 At Him. A Few Blue Jays, Mets, Redsox Fans I Was Giving Em All Shit. Its The Yankees Bitches!!!!!!!

hectis
04-02-2008, 01:03 PM
The indians are going to win it all this year i think

pneumatic
04-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Kenny isn't looking too bad so far. Better then at the end of last season.

Complex
04-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Royals just SHUT OUT the tigers....

thats gotta be embarrassing considering yall got like 2 players salary that equals KC's entire payroll...

Dont sleep on Bannister this year....

Dirty Knowledge
04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Ahhhhhh What A Great Start To The Season Fuck Halladay The Wangster Shut Em Down. When Joba Came In The Crowd Was Crazy First Time I Seen Joba Live Then Mo comes In We All Know How That Goes. Melky Playin Big I Thought His Homer Was Just A Pop Up From My View Shocked It Went Out.

Seen A Guy Wearing A Patriots Shirt I Got My Whole Section Chanting 18 And 1 At Him. A Few Blue Jays, Mets, Redsox Fans I Was Giving Em All Shit. Its The Yankees Bitches!!!!!!!

Joba's is bigger in person than what you think from TV... saw him from about ten feet away at the Rays/Yanks game last year.

Only about 30 more minutes until we light the Jays up. Gotta roll up a nice krippy blunt for that.

Why would the Tigers let Kenny Rogers even start? The guy is a bum. I would've had Dontrelle number 2 with no question.

Smoke and mirrors, though, KC will by midseason be in the middle/end of the pack and Tigers should be up there number 1.

check two
04-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Not trying to bash the Yankees, but when A -Rod makes a higher salary than the whole roster of the Marlins, yet the Marlins have won a more recent World Series than the Yankees, that's pretty sad, lol

Olive Oil Goombah
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I think the Mariners will have a good year.

Dirty Knowledge
04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Not trying to bash the Yankees, but when A -Rod makes a higher salary than the whole roster of the Marlins, yet the Marlins have won a more recent World Series than the Yankees, that's pretty sad, lol

You're bashing them, stfu. You're just an undercover Yankee hater, at least have balls like Nicky to be out right hateful and jealous.

And no, Nicky, the Marlins are not having a good year this year buddy.

check two
04-02-2008, 10:54 PM
lol I'm not an undercover hater of them, and I'm not jealous of them. I'm not jealous of steroids. I've bashed them before in posts. I just think they should have won more World Series lately with that kind of payroll.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
i said the MARINERS..damn, what New york public school did you go to?

Dirty Knowledge
04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Check 2 chances are every single sports team you root for has juiced up players and oh by the way did you know your favorite baseball team can have as much money as the Yankees? Whoa, wow? Really? Yeah, they could, if they ever could get that much money. Did you know the Yankees pay the highest Luxory Tax outta any team? No? Okay then, Google Luxory Tax in the MLB. And then Google why your team can't seem to get money put in to the team. The fans of NY put money in to the Yankees by going to the games and supporting the team by buying merchandise and popcorn at the games. And because Steinbreinner is a fucking BALLER.

And shit Nicky you right -- Mariners are gonna ball this year and probably be the team that ends up nixing Cleaveland from the Wild Card.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Wild Card??? were winnig the division homie. You should worry about tyring to at least compete with the Red Sox this year. They own your division as of late.

and what you said about the luxury tax is such a cover up. you know you dont believe that.

11th Chamber
04-03-2008, 02:52 PM
....what the fuck are the Tigers doing...???

Complex
04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
....what the fuck are the Tigers doing...???

all i gotta say is.....

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6219/3636019200eh6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Olive Oil Goombah
04-03-2008, 04:32 PM
The Tigers are based around their offense. They will come around when it warms up, play good baseball, but once the weather gets worse in the playoffs if they make it, the bats will cool down. This is why good pitching beats good hitting....the Tigers need to get some better pitching.

Dirty Knowledge
04-03-2008, 09:13 PM
If Bruney keeps his command up all year (you know he'll keep the heat up), our bullpen can be awesome. When and if Joba joins this staff in midseason, I think Moose gets the nod for the penn and that will make us even stronger in the middle believe it or not. Joba/Mo dominant though in their roles again tonight. Sweet victory, Yanks look sharp when Moose ain't starting. Bats are a lil sluggish, but once A-Rod, Jeter and Cano get going, we should be well oiled.

Liked the double bunts by Giradi after the first bunt base hit before Bobby knocked in the go-ahead run, I dunno if Joe (T.) does that last year.

baby jesus
04-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah Bruney Looked Good So Did Traber Maybe He Can Be The Lefty Specialist Theyve Been Missing. If They Have Solid Years The Bullpen Will Be A Real Strength. Joba And Mo Just Are So Huge I Cant See Taking Joba Out OF The Bullpen Its Like A Guarnteed Victory A Good Percent Of The Time.

Hughes Pitched Well Lost His Control A Little In The End But Good Performance. Jeter Was Safe On That Bunt To That Had Me Heated But They Won Anyway.

pneumatic
04-04-2008, 01:47 PM
The Tigers are based around their offense. They will come around when it warms up, play good baseball, but once the weather gets worse in the playoffs if they make it, the bats will cool down. This is why good pitching beats good hitting....the Tigers need to get some better pitching.

Well said.

KZA
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNspCoZrFuM

http://digg.com/baseball/Runoff_to_determine_Mets_new_8th_inning_song

Storm
04-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Mussinas pitching well, hopefully he can do this all season, doubt it though.

beautifulrock
04-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Congrats to Gay-Rod taking the golden Sombrero yesterday. O-4? 4 strikeouts? I guess thats what 300 million bucks gets ya these days.

baby jesus
04-09-2008, 07:41 AM
How Was Mets Opening Day Did It Go Well? Oh Shit Know Kidding They Lost Wow That Sucks Hopefully You Werent There.

beautifulrock
04-09-2008, 08:13 AM
"Know Kidding"

this is a second grade grammar mistake. No kidding.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Dude calls himself baby jesus and he is a yankees fan. He is probably some retarded puerto rican from the bronx...dont expect too much intelligence.

pneumatic
04-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Heres hoping for Detroit first win :l

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 03:49 PM
yea...but if theres any sport were a start means virtually nothing, its baseball...loooooooooong season. We gotta watch out for the White Sox tho, they got a nice lineup.

11th Chamber
04-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Heres hoping for Detroit first win :l

Bonderman is pitching...ehh...

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 03:56 PM
I thought Bonderman and Verlander were better than they were...how the hell did you guys get to the series that year?/

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 05:11 PM
And what's up with the shitty ass Tigers so far? No hitting, OR pitching, LOL.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Dude calls himself baby jesus and he is a yankees fan. He is probably some retarded puerto rican from the bronx...dont expect too much intelligence.

Yeah, NickyTooch, the Italian from Cleaveland who believes that every year is "that" year. Hahaha, keep dreaming, second rate city.

At least you're not like people from Conneticuit who basically just pick their favorite team outta' whichever franchise from the Northeast is tops when they were born/grew up and could decipher shitting in the toilet from shitting in a diaper.

Kid from CT in the 80s> OMG!! DOC GOODEN!! METS! METS! METS!
Kid from CT in the 80s> YEAH! HOW BOUT THOSE GIANTS!!

Kid from CT in the 90s> HOW BOUT THEM YANKEES NIGGA?!?
Kid from CT in the 2000s> HOW BOUT THOSE PATS?!?!?!

Kid from CT in 2004> I BEEN A BOSTON FAN SINCE BIRTH!

Kids in CT right now> I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A GIANTS/REDSOX FAN..TF YOU MEAN?

11th Chamber
04-09-2008, 05:22 PM
How do people in New York decide between Yankees and Mets, just wondering. Is it based on location or what?

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 05:25 PM
It's based on location, if you're from Queens, especially Flushing, you're 100% going to be a Mets guy. Everywhere else in NYC and Staten and Long Island and Westchester County..? People go for the top dogg. Yankees all the way son.

26 - ..what's the Met's count?

baby jesus
04-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Queens Pretty Much Is Mets And Long Island Is Pretty Much More Mets Then Yankees . Everywhere Else Is Yankees. Long Island Might Be About 50/50 I'm From Long Island And Me And My Friends Are About 50% Either Way. Thats Pretty Much How It Goes In Most New York Sports. If Your A Mets Fan Your Probably A Jet And Islander Fan If Your A Yankee Fan Your Probably A Giant And Ranger Fan.

Hahaha Next Time I'll Try And Lift My Grammar To A 4th Grade Level Mets Still Suck Regardless.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 06:50 PM
What part of LI? Suffolk or Nassau? I've found mostly Nassau was riding with the Yanks, well in my neigborhood, Uniondale.

And yeah Big Baby you gotta work on ya grammar.

These internet dudes be on some "I Can Get Better Grades Than you" shit.

baby jesus
04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah Suffolk County And I Dont Give A Fuck About My Grammar And I Still Past All My English Classes In College Anyway. But Back On Topic Ian Kennedy Tonight Hopefully He Bounces Back From His Last Outing I'm Sure He Will Though.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, NickyTooch, the Italian from Cleaveland who believes that every year is "that" year. Hahaha, keep dreaming, second rate city.

At least you're not like people from Conneticuit who basically just pick their favorite team outta' whichever franchise from the Northeast is tops when they were born/grew up and could decipher shitting in the toilet from shitting in a diaper.

Kid from CT in the 80s> OMG!! DOC GOODEN!! METS! METS! METS!
Kid from CT in the 80s> YEAH! HOW BOUT THOSE GIANTS!!

Kid from CT in the 90s> HOW BOUT THEM YANKEES NIGGA?!?
Kid from CT in the 2000s> HOW BOUT THOSE PATS?!?!?!

Kid from CT in 2004> I BEEN A BOSTON FAN SINCE BIRTH!

Kids in CT right now> I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A GIANTS/REDSOX FAN..TF YOU MEAN?

Yea, that sounds like New Yorker when it comes to college football..ridin Michigan and Notre Dames dicks cuz they like the uniforms...pfffffffffttt. Or when the Knick suck, all a sudden they are Nets fans. Riiiiiiiiight.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I hope he does too.

I'm just waiting for when we bring up Alan Horne from Triple A... got a feeling about that kid.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Queens Pretty Much Is Mets And Long Island Is Pretty Much More Mets Then Yankees . Everywhere Else Is Yankees. Long Island Might Be About 50/50 I'm From Long Island And Me And My Friends Are About 50% Either Way. Thats Pretty Much How It Goes In Most New York Sports. If Your A Mets Fan Your Probably A Jet And Islander Fan If Your A Yankee Fan Your Probably A Giant And Ranger Fan.

Hahaha Next Time I'll Try And Lift My Grammar To A 4th Grade Level Mets Still Suck Regardless.

So basically what your saying is that you and dirty knowledge chose the yanks and giants cuz you went with the front running team, were as Met and Jets fans are the true fans....and those New Amsterdamers who continue to root for the knicks like spike lee. Thos are tru fans.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Yea, that sounds like New Yorker when it comes to college football..ridin Michigan and Notre Dames dicks cuz they like the uniforms...pfffffffffttt. Or when the Knick suck, all a sudden they are Nets fans. Riiiiiiiiight.

Huh?

crust
04-09-2008, 07:15 PM
all i know is that im fucking happy its baseball season again. im gunna go to as many games as i can this year high and drunk off my ass. aint nothing like having a dog and some nachos with a over priced beer. ahhhhh! i love baseball!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/medialatina4jc/San%20Diego%20Logos/padres.gif

GO PADS!!!

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
So basically what your saying is that you and dirty knowledge chose the yanks and giants cuz you went with the front running team, were as Met and Jets fans are the true fans....and those New Amsterdamers who continue to root for the knicks like spike lee. Thos are tru fans.

First off.. when I was born... the Yankees sucked. From 1989 to 1992 they didn't even have WINNING records. And from the year I was born, 85, to 89, the winning seasons they did have? They never posted better than a .606 winning record. So suck a dick and die, fag boy.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Huh?

and the other half of you dont even kno what college football is....tsk tsk tsk

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
and the other half of you dont even kno what college football is....tsk tsk tsk

You barking up the WRONG tree with College Football...

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:21 PM
First off.. when I was born... the Yankees sucked. From 1989 to 1992 they didn't even have WINNING records. And from the year I was born, 85, to 89, the winning seasons they did have? They never posted better than a .606 winning record. So suck a dick and die, fag boy.

Oh im supposed to feel bad??? They sucked when u were 4 years old..hahahah!! dont get mad, its all part of rooting for the favorite....SUCKA

and you kno nuthin of college football....ur prolly a Miami fan seein as how your a heat boy.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Dogg.. plz don't feel bad for the guy who's team has 26 titles.
If anything, 40 years of nothing? I FEEL BAD.

I FELT BAD WHEN OHIO STATE RETURNED A KICKOFF FOR A TD LOL

AND THEN GOT BLOWN OUT BY THE GATORS HAHA

I FELT BAD WHEN OHIO STATE SCORED FIRST VS LSU LOLOL

AND THEN GOT BLOWN OUT AHAHAH

Fuck your College Sports.

baby jesus
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
What Are You Talking About Giants Use To Be Horrible You Ever Hear Of Dave Brown And Danny Kanell And The Yankees Sucked To For Awhile And Ive Never Seen A Nets Fan I'm Still Reppin The Knicks. With College Football Your Right Know One Really Gives A Fuck But People Being Notre Dame And Michigan Fans Makes Sense Since There Televised The Most. Frontrunners Give Me A Break The Rangers Won One Cup Since 1940 While The Islanders Won 4 In 4 Years.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Dogg.. plz don't feel bad for the guy who's team has 26 titles.
If anything, 40 years of nothing? I FEEL BAD.

I FELT BAD WHEN OHIO STATE RETURNED A KICKOFF FOR A TD LOL

AND THEN GOT BLOWN OUT BY THE GATORS HAHA

I FELT BAD WHEN OHIO STATE SCORED FIRST VS LSU LOLOL

AND THEN GOT BLOWN OUT AHAHAH

Fuck your College Sports.

Shiiiiiiiit...and we will be ranked no. 1 again next year. We got plenty of championships already, and aint nobody got more heismans than us...SHit, football was started here, thats y we got the hall of fame.

You talk about titles from the 30's like you were alive to witness them. Get off the Yankee nutsack dude..your ridin way too hard.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:41 PM
And you were alive for every Heisman, the first OS game, the first championship...right...

HYPOCRITICALITY

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
i could see u having yankee tattoos and shit

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:47 PM
dZDJA0_a8Pk

I can see you thinking this was a legit call.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
hahahahahah!!! hell yea...fuckin Cry-ami hurricanes...BEST TEAM EVER...riiiiiiight..they were supposed to win by, what was it??? 2 TD's.
Bitch ass Kellen cryin after the game....You can hang with Clarett after he debo'd the ball from Sean Taylor..hahahahah!!

11th Chamber
04-09-2008, 08:01 PM
dZDJA0_a8Pk

I can see you thinking this was a legit call.

Atleast Miami fans have a resonable case there, Michigan fans still cant shut the fuck up about Clockgate. Try having to listen to that shit all year

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Fuck Michigan. There about to be the 2nd best football team in the state anyway. They would have been smart to hire Dantonio....any time you can get a Tressel protege you gotta get him.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't care what you say... the past two years for Ohio State? Football AND B-Ball.

Embarassing.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
We reload, so every year we gotta shot. Just got the top ranked QB in the country...B-Ball wise, that was a great freshmen team that go there. That shit was an accomplishment in and of itself.

Were NIT champs beeyotch...wut you know about college B-Ball anyway.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh Nooooooooo

Not the NIT

WE SUCK AGAAAAAINNN

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
hahahahaha!! hey, you get a trophy for the NIT....who is your college team anyway in NY?? St. Johns.hahah....we knocked them out when we had Redd and they had Artest...buncha ghetto NY playground ballers couldnt knock down a shot or play d....is that your game??

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
http://missouritigers.com/images/nit.jpg

YAY

66th PLACE!!

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:31 PM
thats cute, did you just do that? your wasting an awful lot of energy on me

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah I did that bro, how'd you know?

It's not like you click the picture and it takes you directly to the site I CNP'ed it from, nono.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:37 PM
i wasnt that interested....and im getting bored with you. Youve used up your usefulness

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I felt the same way during NIT Round 1.

11th Chamber
04-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Tigers finally get a win...

fuck

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 10:20 PM
REd Sox and Yanks starting off slow...

Smoke and mirrors...smoke and mirrors.

In other news, the Mets got their first win against the Phils in the last 10 games. Yayyyyyyyy.

crust
04-17-2008, 10:19 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/fxrc3/redsox.jpg

STYLE
04-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Went to the Braves game last night
Chipper hit 2 homers and a base hit - i swear he is guaranteed a hit every at bat.
had great seats 6th row 1st base
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd116/STYLEMASTERR/braves.jpg