PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Olive Oil Goombah
09-29-2008, 08:33 PM
yea i kno. I never realized how annoying red sox fans were until they actually won something

baby jesus
09-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Besides The Yankees Winning Theres Nothing More I Like To See The BitchSox Lose. I Hope The Angels Can Take Them Out.

R.I.P Yankee Stadium You Will Be Missed, I Got Some Great Memories There. Just Got To Bring The New One In With The Same Winning Ways Of The Yankees.

wuswordz95
09-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Besides The Yankees Winning Theres Nothing More I Like To See The BitchSox Lose. I Hope The Angels Can Take Them Out.

R.I.P Yankee Stadium You Will Be Missed, I Got Some Great Memories There. Just Got To Bring The New One In With The Same Winning Ways Of The Yankees.

co sign. i am ahuge angel fan. we have lost nine straight post season games to the bitchsoxs. are time to eliminate them is now. by now the pressure on vladdy should be off. nobody should expect him to save the day. y=there will be a diffrent hero every time the angels play. this sereis is diffrent from the 07 ,04 and 86 sereis. I really never got the opprutunity to watch or listen to the games. now I have no excuses.

now after the angels win I m pretty sure baby jesus is hoping that the whitesox will sweep the halos. you will be ahappy yankee fan knowing that boston, angels, rays and mets wont win the world sereis.

check two
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I'd like to give props again to the Rays. In the beginning of the season, I don't think anybody was expecting them to get close to making the playoffs, yet alone win their division. And the same division that the 07 champs play in. lol I forget, didn't the Rays finish last in their division like every year that they have been a team, up to this season? lol

Storm
10-01-2008, 12:18 AM
yea i kno. I never realized how annoying red sox fans were until they actually won something
Lol.
I'd like to give props again to the Rays. In the beginning of the season, I don't think anybody was expecting them to get close to making the playoffs, yet alone win their division. And the same division that the 07 champs play in. lol I forget, didn't the Rays finish last in their division like every year that they have been a team, up to this season? lol
I think like 2 times they finished in 3rd. I thought they would start playing bad after the 1st half of the season but kept on rolling, congrats to them.

wuswordz95
10-03-2008, 01:09 AM
come on angels. win baby win. end the donnie moore curse

beautifulrock
10-03-2008, 02:11 AM
How mad do you think the Yanks will be if the Dodgers win the World Series?

hectis
10-03-2008, 09:47 AM

a redsoxs/dodgers world series equals really hurt yank fans but they will not be as hurt as the cubs fans will be and lets say the white sox won it again then cubs fans will be really really down x 30000000

CharlesJones
10-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Isn't the Cleveland Indians in the playoffs? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't watch baseball because it's boring. I'm pulling for Manny Ramirez though since he's a former Indians player. Is Jim Thome still with Chicago? Who is Kenny Lofton with now? He's been with so many teams LOL. I'll be happy for any former Cleveland player who's still in the league and wins a championship. I'm happy for CC Sabathia and his Brewers team. He was good with the Indians. I was surprised Cleveland got rid of him.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Charles.....seems like you havent watched an Indians game since the 90's...

Thome is still on Chicago, Lofton isnt playing.

FUck CC Sabathia and i pity the team that gives this guy 100 million dollars. Sure he always has a stretch during the regular season where he is unhittable, but he ALWAYS chokes in the big games and yesterday was just more proof...

..I mean a team like NY will pay him the money and it won't matter, but he will just wind up being another A Rod. Plus he is fat and you kno he is going to break down sooner or later.
He is a good pitcher but not a great one and I wouldnt even call him an ace.

CharlesJones
10-03-2008, 03:18 PM
CC didn't have a good game yesterday? Who did Milwaukee play? Did Milwaukee win? Did the playoffs already start? Ken Griffey is with Chicago White Sox right?

Olive Oil Goombah
10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
take it easy with the fuckin questions!!!!!!!!!!!

and the answer to all of them.

No, he had a terrible game. They played Philadelphia. No, they lost. Yes, they started. Yes, he is with Chicago.

CharlesJones
10-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Alright no more questions LOL.

Storm
10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I honestly hope we do not sign him, ppl have said he is durable but what Milwaukee is doing to him imo hurts his stock because of how much he has pitched during this stretch. I rather trade prospects for Jake Peavy.

11th Chamber
10-03-2008, 03:46 PM
I honestly hope we do not sign him, ppl have said he is durable but what Milwaukee is doing to him imo hurts his stock because of how much he has pitched during this stretch. I rather trade prospects for Jake Peavy.

^^ who, The Rangers?

Olive Oil Goombah
10-03-2008, 04:29 PM
^^ who, The Rangers?

Nah,he's one of those fans who roots for the most popular team in every sport...yankees, cowboys....he was probably on jordans nutsack when he played so im guessing he's a bulls fan.

no offense to winter warz....LBJ is the same way.

11th Chamber
10-03-2008, 04:37 PM
ahh I see what yer saying. I keep it real tho

Tigers

Lions
Bengals (and im talkin 0-16 Akili Smith Bengals, I been ridin with them)

Pistons

Wings

MSU

Storm
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I've been a fan of both teams since I was a little kid, my dad basically made me a Yankees fan, Dallas I can't explain but I've been watching football since the mid-90's and basically was a Dallas fan when around 96'. I'm not much of a basketball fan, I mean, I watch the playoffs but rarely any regular season games. Yankees, Cowboys & 'Canes are the teams I root for.

baby jesus
10-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah Upper Managment Should Be Mad, I Dont Know If The Yanks Would Of Made The Playoffs Even With Torre But He Should Of Never Left In The First Place.

But As A Fan I Wouldnt Say I'm Rooting For The Dodgers I Dont Root For Any Team Thats Not The Yankees But I'm Pulling For Him To Win The World Series. I Even Caught Myself Cheerin For Manny Last Nite Then I Almost Threw Up In My Mouth.

check two
10-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I doubt the Dodgers will win the World Series. They are like the weakest team in the playoffs. Though, it's a surprise that they are up 2-0 on the Cubs, so who knows.

Prince Fielder really needs to cut back on some food. I thought they had brought some real fat guy out of one of those weight management clinics for the day, to see the game. I thought he was a big Brewers fan, but then I realized it was Prince Fielder.

pneumatic
10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
ahh I see what yer saying. I keep it real tho

Tigers

Lions

Pistons

Wings

U of M

Fixed.

wuswordz95
10-06-2008, 11:27 PM
damn it. f uck the red soxs. i know my team blew it. bad mistake by socia. all he had to do was let gary mathews hit a pop ut to dead center and score in wiliits. howie kendik costed the angels a run or two tonight. they left 42 men on base. that sadly cost the angels the sereis. I hate the boston fagsoxs witha passion. GO TAMPA BAY RAYS U DESERVE IT!!!!
and i mean it because i really dont want to be forced to root for the dodgers

check two
10-07-2008, 12:05 AM
The Rays are going to beat the Phillies in the World Series.

Dirty Knowledge
10-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Tampa is going to cremate Boston. I might go to a few games. Yup, yup. You heard that. Imagine it? I'd be going nuts though. But yo....Tampa's got this shit locked up fpr a SEVEN GAME SERIES.

Yes, it will go SEVEN. And when it does, I will be at Game 7. To watch the RAYS Walk Off on the BITCH ASS BO SOX!!

Olive Oil Goombah
10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Michigan fans are the queerest most sensitive douchebags i've ever been around.....the ones in Ohio look for approval from Ohio State fans...

I guess i could see rooting for other teams outside of your state/city in pro sports but not in college cuz college players are usually actually from your spot....so its like your rooting against your own.

Storm
10-08-2008, 11:11 PM
I honestly don't care who wins as long as the team from the N.L. wins, I think I rather see Boston win, I've always hated the underdog lol.

Dirty Knowledge
10-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Tampa gonna lay the BOOM on Boston tonight! I see a late comeback tonight by the Rays.

check two
10-10-2008, 02:46 PM
---School suspends 12-year-old for having Rayhawk fever

Twelve-year-old Zachary Sharples, his father and his 4-year-old brother have had Rays Fever all season long. So with the team entering the ALCS against Boston on Friday, they all started the week by heading down to the barbershop to get Mohawks, the style preferred by many of the Rays players, fans and even manager, Joe Maddon.

Unfortunately, Sharples' school, Lincoln Middle in Palmetto, doesn't quite share the same level of passion for the Rays. Even though the mayor of Clearwater has vowed he'll get a "Rayhawk" if the team makes the World Series, the Lincoln administrators immediately gave Sharples an in-school suspension for a dress code violation.

From the Tampa Tribune:

Mohawks are stylish in the Bay area now because several Rays players have them and word is the style has brought them luck at the end of the season. A barber in Town 'N Country has offered to give free mohawk haircuts until the Rays lose or win out.

The style didn't fly at Lincoln Middle School, Zachary said, even though the night before he washed out the blue dye. He knew the blue would cause problems, but he didn't think the style itself violated anything. He said he has never been in trouble before, but he has resolved to keep the style.

"I'm not shaving it off until they win the World Series," he said.

No word if the administrators would have preferred Sharples completely shaving his head so he looked like a neo-Nazi, but you have to admire a kid who's willing to stand up for what he believes in. He didn't go to school either Tuesday or Wednesday and his family is moving to St. Petersburg later this week, so he likely won't have to deal with schools that won't allow their students to experience a little playoff fun.

The good news is that Zachary and his family will be at the Rays playoff games on both Friday and Saturday, where his haircut will not only be accepted, but celebrated. Long live the Rayhawk, indeed.

-sports.yahoo.com

pneumatic
10-10-2008, 03:03 PM
I read that same story earlier. What a bunch of shit.

check two
10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
It looks like my Rays vs Phillies prediction is getting real close to becoming true.

wuswordz95
10-15-2008, 01:37 AM
i hope so.

check two
10-16-2008, 11:20 PM
How do you have a 7-0 lead in the 7th inning and up losing the game? I think that was fixed. The Red Sox aren't going to win two games in a row at Tampa Bay anyway, but still.

J.T.S.
10-17-2008, 01:05 PM
The sox did it fam whoo Boston!!

baby jesus
10-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Tough Loss For Tampa Bay I Think Tomm Might Just Be A Must Win For Them I Dont Like Them For Game 7. Just Gotta Hope Becketts Still Off Or Shields Pitches A Gem. If Not Boston Got This Series. Lets Go Tampa Bay Please Beat The Fag Sox.

THE W
10-19-2008, 02:56 PM
tampa bay is done. they epically fail to close the sox out with a seven run lead with 6 outs to go and then lose game 6.

red sox are going to the world series.....kill yourselves.

check two
10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I think it's the Phillies year.

Dirty Knowledge
10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
CMON TAMPA!!!

Don't Let The Sweat Sox Do It!!

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 12:50 AM
You'd think it was the Yankees winning the AL Pennat the way we was celebrating tonight. Very very happy. Next to the Yanks not making it, seeing the Sox go down and seem dejected made my day. It sucks that it came to me having to root vs a team because my team couldn't even make the dance.

Oh well, least I ain't a Mets fan.

I'm rooting for Tampa in the World Series. Always root the AL, other than Boston. American League > Nat'l.

wuswordz95
10-20-2008, 05:28 AM
i am so happy that tampa bay won and boston didnt. yes. haha boston fans must be sad and pissed and probally fprgot that they won the world sereis last
year.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-20-2008, 07:45 AM
lame

THE W
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
good for tampa to overcome such a meltdown.

nevertheless, this series will be absolutely unwatchable unless you're a fan of these teams.

beautifulrock
10-20-2008, 10:30 AM

nevertheless, this series will be absolutely unwatchable unless you're a fan of these teams.

You can't possibly be serious. This shows what kind of fan you are. Try and argue that these two teams aren't among the most exciting to watch this year. I personally think this will be one hell of a series. For Christ's sake, the God damn Tampa bay Rays made the World Series!!! Who woulda thunk it?

thatKid
10-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Man. I always liked the Rays. Ever since the "The Crime Dog" played for them. Rays in 5 or 6 games. What!

Philly's - "Man, that David Price. He some sought of man child boy. I shitted my pants just watching him close out game 7 verse the BoSox." True talk

check two
10-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, these are two of the most exciting teams this year, so why would the series be unwatchable? Not many people wanted to see the Red Sox get to the world series again except their weird, obsessed fans. The Rays were knocking out home run after homerun out of the Green Monster. BJ Upton, the best home run hitter of all time in the post season. The Phillies have some of the best players in the league also.

wuswordz95
10-20-2008, 07:00 PM

for you^^^^/. not for me and all of boston red sox haters.

any red soxs in the world sereis is a no watch for me.

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Whatever moron said this will be a whack series LOL @ you. This is better than watching some damn beatdown like the Yankees/Mets in 2000 or the RedSox/Rockies last year!

This will be exciting baseball.

Phils might take it though in 6 or 7.

blessthedead
10-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Go Redsox ! Go Phillies !

THE W
10-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Whatever moron said this will be a whack series LOL @ you. This is better than watching some damn beatdown like the Yankees/Mets in 2000 or the RedSox/Rockies last year!

This will be exciting baseball.

Phils might take it though in 6 or 7.
the ratings said different.

who said these teams werent talented? obviously they are if they made it to the big dance. its about whether these teams are worth watching, and they arent.

like i said, rays and phillie fans will enjoy it.

baby jesus
10-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Tampa Bay In 6 With Lidge Blowing A Save Along The Way Book It.

check two
10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Wade,
How do you know what the ratings will be for the World Series though? It didn't even start yet. lol

THE W
10-22-2008, 05:41 PM
two small market teams = poor ratings

same thing happened with the tigers when they made their magical run. no one watched except tiger and cardinal fans.

wuswordz95
10-22-2008, 11:02 PM
two small market teams = poor ratings

same thing happened with the tigers when they made their magical run. no one watched except tiger and cardinal fans.

and angel fans who remember eckstein,edmonds and speizio.
people who care about sports

Bodega Pop Tartz
10-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Phillies win 3-2. If they win I'mma miss the parade back home.

beautifulrock
10-26-2008, 12:54 AM
You are insane fucking froot loops if you think this is a boring series. Unwatchable my ass.

Dirty Knowledge
10-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Insane fucking fruit loops? Is that what you went after the Mets choked again? Hahaha, just fucking with ya. Don't go fruit loops.

Yo, the Rays may have just saved they season though......that run BJ Upton scored to tie it was CLUTCH. Stealing second after Hamels had thrown over like 4 straight times...and then the hit by..Pena was it? Big run.

Rays are gonna SHOCK THE PHILS! IVE CHANGED MY MIND NOW!! PHILLY ALWAYS CHOKES SHIT AWAY (See McNabb choking in the huddle vs the Patsies)

Storm
10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Am I the only one who can't stand the song played after commercial breaks?

Bodega Pop Tartz
10-29-2008, 08:11 PM
We Won!!!!!!!!!!!

the silencer
10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Am I the only one who can't stand the song played after commercial breaks?
no....

i hate everything about the way Fox broadcasts baseball....it's really a shame..

Storm
10-29-2008, 08:59 PM
We Won!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats:beer:

check two
10-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Congrats to the Phillies. I'm within an hour from there. Does anybody else find Joe Buck's commentating boring?

wuswordz95
10-29-2008, 09:51 PM
well congrats to the phillies but im disappointed the seris didnt go7.
2002 world sereis was the last great world sereis played/

THE W
10-30-2008, 11:34 AM
congrats phillies. dont burn anything now(unless its a blunt).

thatKid
10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
where ya'll think cc sabathia's going? It's rumored by I think fox. brewers are prepared to offer 4 years $100 million. I was watching after the world series. People think the yankees might offer like 6 years 150-160 million $

Olive Oil Goombah
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
I think CC wants to stay in the NL cuz he likes to hit, and he can dominate more because of the lack of DH.

I think LA might be where he ends up.
Yankees?? I dunno, it depends if its all about the money, than yea, maybe.

But he seemed to really like playing with the guys on the Brewers so maybe he will stay there.

check two
10-31-2008, 11:29 AM
If he wants to get back into the playoffs next season, he should go to a team other than the Yankees.

baby jesus
10-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Really??? The Yankees Lost Out The Wild Card By 6 And The East By 8 Chien Ming Wang Alone Could Of Possibly Made The Difference. If They Get C.C. Who Obviously Wont Do As Good As In The National League Towards The End Should Put Them As Serious Contenders For Al East.

But Truth Be Told A Big Contract For C.C. Kind Of Scares Me He Could Breakdown And Though He Looked Good In The AL He Was Just Good Not The Dominate Pitcher We Seen With The Brewers. Plus The Red Sox Shell Him. But They Might Have To Pull The Trigger Or Else Get Aj Burnett Or Ben Sheets No Thanks.

check two
10-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Well I expect the Rays and the Red Sox to be better than the Yankees again next season. So that leaves a battle for third place with the Blue Jays.

Dirty Knowledge
11-02-2008, 02:40 AM
Tighten up Check 2.

The Empire always strikes back.

Dirty Knowledge
11-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Yanks add Nick Swisher and a minor league pitcher from ChiTown for Betemit and two minor league starters.

Dirty Knowledge
11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
And in other garbage news a pitcher who started for a garbage team wins the Cy Youngs in both leagues hahaha. I thought Johan had a shot in the NL, I think he went undefeated in the 2nd half. Lincecum is better I think than Lee. Let's see what both do when they're put on good teams though.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-13-2008, 04:55 PM
hahaha...Lee DOMINATED and owned the spankees this year.

Webb should have won it over Linecum or whatever his fucked up name is.

Storm
11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Lee definitely deserved it.

tajeco
11-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Pedro Feliz knocked in the go-ahead run for you Phillies. Us Giants fans are happy about that. Pedro was my favorite player on the Giants.
Tim Lincecum won the Cy Young Award. Yeah, Webb had more wins, but the Giants sucked but won a high percentage of Lincecum starts. Plus his strikeouts and ERA were better than Webb's. I thought Webb might get it, but I'm happy for Timmy

baby jesus
12-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Damn No One Paying Attention To The Offseason? The Mets Make A Real Good Move Getting K-Rod For That Cheap Very Good Signing. If Putz Ever Gets Back To Form That Turns Out To Be A Real Good Trade And Makes There Bullpen A Real Strength. Getting Rid Of Heilman Is Just A Plus.

Yankees Sign C.C. Sabathia To A Huge Contract I Think They Out Bid Themselves I Know He's Going To Help But The Contract Is Large. I Hope He Opts Out After Three Years Because That Will Mean He Was Stellar If He Doesnt It Probably Means The Yanks Got A Breaking Down Overweight Disaster.

Yankees Also Sign Aj Burnett To 5 Years Which I Dont Understand He Never Stays Healthy Besides His Contract Year Has A 4 Plus Era But They Give Him 5 Years? The Only Thing I Could Hope For Is He Doesnt Breakdown And That He Just Couldnt Get Up For Pitching In Toronto And That Yankee Stadium Will Get Him Going Which Is What The Yankees Think Because He Does Pitch Well Against The Yanks And Sox.

The Camron Trade If It Goes Through I Dont Know If I Like It I Hate Guys Who Strike Out To Much. I Would Like The Yankees To Get A Bat, There Line Up Really Weakend Last Year.

Overall I'm Being Critical But I Think This Helps Them Out And Probably Puts Them Back In The Playoffs. C.C., Wang, Burnett, Joba And Probably Pettite With Hughes And Aceves In The Background For Possible Injuries. Not A Bad Rotation.

Complex
12-13-2008, 01:22 PM
i been payin attention... im just salty at baseball right now honestly.. the lack of a salary cap is killing the mlb... yankees can shell out contracts equal to some teams entire payroll... fuck buying championships...

besides that... i think the royals are gonna make a splash this year... especially if we sign Furcal, its over for AL Central.... even if we dont our lineup is lookin straight with the additions of Coco Crisp and Mike Jacobs... Greinke could be a Cy Young winner with our outfield... watch...

12weLvE
12-13-2008, 01:42 PM
CC is the new face of the Yankees franchise... A-Rod and Jeter are old news... Cant wait to see CC pitch his first game... I want the yanks to sing Ben Sheets... I dont like Burnet to much.

check two
12-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah, but trying to buy championships for the Yankees hasn't worked out too good lately. They couldn't even buy themselves to the playoffs last season. lol Like has been said before, maybe they should concentrate more so on up and comers, instead of trying to overpay the most on well known players.

Future
12-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Dude somethin tells me detroit will be big this year...

They've been tradin out for a lot of smaller time players, they're tryin to get rid of gary sheffield which means $$$ to sign a new reliever... Plus it's a redemption year.

baby jesus
12-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I Hope People Understand The Yankees Are Still Under The Salary Of Last Years Team Even With The Two Signings. They Had 90 Mill Come Off The Books.

Dirty Knowledge
12-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I hate that we wanna get MIKE CAMERON..bum ass..I love Melky's defense and he's got a cannon for an arm. He has pop in the bat as well. They have to keep trying to let him develop in to a better hitter though. I mean give dude one more chance. If it works out it could be GREAT...

MIKE CAMERON? Aww man

And now the world will see how good C.C. really is because this is his first good team, those other teams he was on he never had real pressure to be anything other than the city's only good player like he was in Cleaveland.

And I hope Joba isn't going to be a starter again. I agree with Goose that this dude need'a stay in the pen he's just so much more dangerous back there. But the Yanks are dumb as fuck so who knows.

It's gonna be another rollar coaster year this year. You'd think the Yanks would win 120 games or more with what they've got but it's prolly gonna be another circus. Gay Rod, now C.C. SaFATthia...man...these guys are all just money grubbers. If C.C. had heart, why wouldn't he sign for a little less than what the Yanks offered, with one of his West Coast teams? That's his home, not New York. We'll see what happens.

Dirty Knowledge
12-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Word and the MEts making big moves and Cole Hamels called them chokers LMFAO daaaayum

baby jesus
12-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I Totally Agree With Joba You Put Him In The 8th You Have The Strongest Bullpen In The Majors Then. Also Mo's Not Gonna Be Here Forever I Would Groom Him For The 9th Inning. Because After You Lose Riveria They'll Be Hurtin Joba Can Soften That Blow.

Dirty Knowledge
12-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Exactly basically the same shit they did when Mo was a kid and he set up for Wetteland those few years. Only now it's Joba - Mo. That'll give Joba the experience to be the man when Mo finally does leave and he takes the closer role.

Complex
12-14-2008, 11:52 AM
yankees fans kill me... yall spend 240 million dollars last year and STILL finish in third place... that has got to be embarassing than a mf....

Dirty Knowledge
12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
It is embarassing.

But cmon now.

Being a KC fan has to be a little more embarrasing I mean you guys don't make no fucking revenue to help that team at all. I blame your fanbase. For being frontrunner fair weather fans who will only put more than 10,000 people in the stadium if it's a first place team.

It all really starts with the fanbase in baseball, because they are the ones bringing the team the most money to invest in big time players. If your owner would show he's dedicated = people will come = spend money = money will be made for the team. More high priced Free Agents can be brought in. And in sports it's all about bringing in that extra piece. Having a good farm system is dope and all but in baseball that alone will not win you Championships.

Complex
12-18-2008, 02:42 PM
It is embarassing.

But cmon now.

Being a KC fan has to be a little more embarrasing I mean you guys don't make no fucking revenue to help that team at all. I blame your fanbase. For being frontrunner fair weather fans who will only put more than 10,000 people in the stadium if it's a first place team.

It all really starts with the fanbase in baseball, because they are the ones bringing the team the most money to invest in big time players. If your owner would show he's dedicated = people will come = spend money = money will be made for the team. More high priced Free Agents can be brought in. And in sports it's all about bringing in that extra piece. Having a good farm system is dope and all but in baseball that alone will not win you Championships.

Trust, I am a chiefs and royals fan it is on another level than embarassing.. cats here are content and used to losing, no pro team in kc has won a playoff game in a decade.... but that is beside the point...

You mention the fanbase but can you really blame them? The Royals might as well be a Yankees minor league team because as soon as we develop players into stars and their contract is up, teams like the Yankees make offers than we got no chance of competing with (See Damon, Beltran, Dye, ect)... THAT is embarassing... Im predicting in 2020 if there is no salary cap, revenue sharing, or someting, all small market fans will lose all interest because there is NO COMPETITIVE BALANCE ANYMORE.... The small market teams will be gone and there will be like 14 teams in the mlb... Im not sayin the yankees didnt earn their recognition and all that but shit is gettin outta hand....

why stop at burnett and sabathia? take Grienke from us, sign Lowe, Manny Ramirez, Pettite, Teixeira, Cameron, and Bradley while you at it.... Fuck it why not pay a few bil to a scientist and re-incarnate some cats like Babe ruth and pete rose? sky is the limit right....

before long the monopoly guy is gonna be throwin out the fist pitch....

11th Chamber
12-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Yea, Im a die-hard Tigers fan, and try to hit up atleast 8-10 games a year, but if your team has been horrible for decades, you cant blame the fans for not always showing up

The Royals do got some nice young players, but they need to get themselves in the run for some good free agents.

Altho who really wants to go play for the Royals...

Had we not gotten a hold of Pudge a few years ago, I dont think we would have been able to improve as much as we did, and be able to lure people into the team

It is good to see the Yankees spend all that money every year and come up with nothing to show for it by the end of the season

Complex
12-18-2008, 02:59 PM
last time i checked we finished ahead of the Tigers... who wants to play for the royals? you serious?

the only players that wouldnt want to are egotistical and greedy... have you seen the AL central lately... Royals got just as good if not better chance than anyone in the division....

11th Chamber
12-18-2008, 03:04 PM
last time i checked we finished ahead of the Tigers... who wants to play for the royals? you serious?

You cant be serious that someone would choose to goto KC over Detroit, or that the Royals will have a better squad this year..

Complex
12-18-2008, 03:05 PM
dead serious.....

11th Chamber
12-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Alright I'll leave you with that. Let you think about what u just said..

Complex
12-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Youre right you have enlightened me that Detriot is clearly the superior team.... lol

Your bullpen is garbage, you corner outfielders are slow, and yall got a bunch of over-rated big names that under-produce.... I agree it is sad that you still finished in last with that line up but dont be suprised when you in last again this year...

11th Chamber
12-18-2008, 03:22 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/tom_verducci/03/25/picks.explanation/t1_cabrera.jpg

He wont let that happen this year

Plus Todd Jones wack ass is finally gone. Have you ever heard 44,000 people boo one person cause of how horrible he has been in for 3 years, and how he can blow your 7-3 lead like nothing? Its a sad sight.

We need a shortstop too. Talks of us getting Adam Everett...ugh...

Complex
12-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I can dig it.... MC is a beast Ill give you that...

and yea the tigers signed everett to a 1 year deal... dude is aight defensively but no offense... and he gettin old...

Tigers on paper look like a contender, yes but that doesnt always translate on the field...
I wouldnt mind seein the Tigers make some noise as long as royals win the division lol..

I would love to see the white sox be terrible, that is who i truely cant stand... we can prob agree on that lol...

11th Chamber
12-18-2008, 03:39 PM
yea i can co-sign that one. Fuck the Chi-sox

Hahaha yea thats fine. You guys get the division and we get the wildcard. Anything to keep the Yanks out of the playoffs

Complex
12-18-2008, 03:45 PM
real talk

Olive Oil Goombah
12-20-2008, 10:49 AM
the Indians are the favorites to win the division next year. We got the Cy Young, Carmona, Reyes, Westbrook coming back.
Our bullpen might be the deepest in the league. Betancourt, Perez, Lewis, Kerry Wood, Joe Smith and Adam Miller.

The only thing is we need another bat cuz Hafner has been absolute garbage. But i think they will play Shoppach at catcher and victor at first more.

I'd like to see them get Manny, but i kno thats not going to happen.

Complex
12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Looks like the yankees just signed Teixeira....

I mean more power to the yankees but they are single handedly making baseball less and less appealing... With their roster they should EASILY win the next 3 out of 5 championships... Who the fuck wants to see that ?(besides yankees fans)

Yankees should ghead and sign Manny, Dunn, and Lowe and make it a cool half a billion payroll.... Shit is really shamless....I hope Boras knows that buying championships doesnt always work... I would seriously be embarassed to be a yankees fan right now...

the silencer
12-23-2008, 07:46 PM
i fucking hate the Yankees...

Plex, i dont think they'll be winning all kinds of championships tho---keep in mind how fuckin SICK Tampa Bay is and their best players are all only goin to improve (Longoria is like 22 and they got a SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT load of prospects who haven't even sniffed the pros yet)..

plus the Red Sox are always gonna be good...

Yankees will certainly be sick but they're D is horrible, especially up the middle, and Burnett is guaranteed to miss time with injuries...he's a soft bitch...

should be an awesome next couple years in that division....

and i think the Indians are still the team to beat in the Central...this big boy LaPorta that they got for Sabathia can hit like a motherfucka..

(shit, i gotta talk more baseball in here----baseball and Wu are pretty much my favorite things)

Complex
12-25-2008, 06:27 PM
yea man baseball is my shit... Ive been a huge fan my whole life and Im afraid that might change due to the major disparity in the sport right now...

you right tho silencer, the yanks still got to compete with the red sox (fuck them as well) and the rays who basically got everyone returning next year.... As much as I would love to see the yanks miss the playoffs again it might actually take them dominating for the next few years for shit to change... Maybe then people will get so sick of big market teams being in the playoffs every year that a cap or revenue sharing will be the only hope for the mlb...

I could rant all day about the yankees but its christmas and imma stay positive.. I think the royals have a real shot at the AL central, we had one of the best records in september (hopefully that carries over) and the additions we made should def make an impact... Really its in the hands of cats like Gordon and Butler who are due to emerge...
If they can put up numbers like they capable of we gone be in great shape...

Cant wait til March....

the silencer
12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
yea man baseball is my shit... Ive been a huge fan my whole life and Im afraid that might change due to the major disparity in the sport right now...

you right tho silencer, the yanks still got to compete with the red sox (fuck them as well) and the rays who basically got everyone returning next year.... As much as I would love to see the yanks miss the playoffs again it might actually take them dominating for the next few years for shit to change... Maybe then people will get so sick of big market teams being in the playoffs every year that a cap or revenue sharing will be the only hope for the mlb...

I could rant all day about the yankees but its christmas and imma stay positive.. I think the royals have a real shot at the AL central, we had one of the best records in september (hopefully that carries over) and the additions we made should def make an impact... Really its in the hands of cats like Gordon and Butler who are due to emerge...
If they can put up numbers like they capable of we gone be in great shape...

Cant wait til March....
do u read any baseball books? because my two favorite baseball writers, and really two guys who totally revolutionized the way ppl see the game (and GREAT writers) are both from the Kansas City area..

THIS guy is the fuckin Yoda guru of baseball for me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_James

^^when the Red Sox became smart a few years ago they brought him into the front office...

but this guy still writes for espn.com and always brings good shit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Neyer

Dirty Knowledge
01-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Sorry yall...we had to do it...look at it like this.
The MLB is the block.
Players is dope.
Yankees hustle is #1.

Title should be ours this year. Giants and Yankees winning their respective titles and you know I die a happy kid.

Complex
01-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Sorry yall...we had to do it...look at it like this.
The MLB is the block.
Players is dope.
Yankees hustle is #1.

Title should be ours this year. Giants and Yankees winning their respective titles and you know I die a happy kid.

that doesnt make sense because the small market teams is the ones that gotta hustle to compete. The yankees can simply buy their superior talent.

A better analogy is...

The MLB is the economy.
Small market teams are small business owners that have to work overtime to pay bills.
The Yankees is Walmart......

do u read any baseball books? because my two favorite baseball writers, and really two guys who totally revolutionized the way ppl see the game (and GREAT writers) are both from the Kansas City area..

THIS guy is the fuckin Yoda guru of baseball for me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_James

^^when the Red Sox became smart a few years ago they brought him into the front office...

but this guy still writes for espn.com and always brings good shit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Neyer

yea Ive read stuff from both of these cats... I think I read parts of the Bill James handbook and Neyer has had some good columns/blogs every now and then...

another good one is Rany Jazayerli, his site is www.ranyontheroyals.com he always has some interesting ish to say...

check two
01-01-2009, 08:46 PM
If the Yankees can make the playoffs this season, they should be satisified.

Complex
01-02-2009, 01:57 PM
shit.... if the yankees DONT make the playoffs, talk about epic failure....

Thank God we dont play in the AL East tho....

check two
01-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Well weren't they supposed to be one of the contenders this season, and they didn't make the playoffs? They are usually a World Series favorite every year, so I don't see how the new season will be any different.

Complex
01-02-2009, 02:10 PM
thats what im sayin... if they miss the playoffs two years in a row with the money that they throwin around is pretty sad...

Like I said tho, the AL East is no punk... so well see....

baby jesus
01-02-2009, 04:00 PM
The Yankee Payroll Is Still Less Then Last Year After Signing Tex And The Yankees Are Doing Nothing Wrong If You Have A Problem With The Spending Thats With MLB Not The Yankees There Doing What Any Team Should And Thats Put As Much Money Into The Team As Possible To Try And Field A Winner Every Year.

Plus It's Not Like They Won Anything In 9 Years So How Is There Spending Ruining Baseball When Smaller Market Teams Are Still Succesful Look At Minnesota They Were A Playoff Team For Like Three Or Four Years In A Row.

Anyway Yankees Regain There Winning Ways And 27th World Title Here They Come.

Complex
01-02-2009, 05:29 PM
The Yankee Payroll Is Still Less Then Last Year After Signing Tex And The Yankees Are Doing Nothing Wrong If You Have A Problem With The Spending Thats With MLB Not The Yankees There Doing What Any Team Should And Thats Put As Much Money Into The Team As Possible To Try And Field A Winner Every Year.

Plus It's Not Like They Won Anything In 9 Years So How Is There Spending Ruining Baseball When Smaller Market Teams Are Still Succesful Look At Minnesota They Were A Playoff Team For Like Three Or Four Years In A Row.

Lets get real.... The Yankees have 10 division titles, 4 World Series victories, and 13 post-season appearances in the past 15 years...

Ill take that over the Rays ONE POST SEASON APPERANCE IN THE LAST 9 YEARS.... Everybody wants to say "look at the what the Rays did last year and their payroll" Im not saying its not possible for small market teams to make it to the playoffs but compared to big market teams who consistently make it is ridiculous... Dont even get me started on the Royals who I support every year....

It has gotten so bad that we praise small market teams for even making the post season but its a huge dissapointment for the yankees not to win the WS every year... you dont see a problem with that?

Im not sayin its all on the yankees, it is really a MLBPA issue but it doesnt look to change anytime soon... A cap or revenue sharing really isnt sensible because of how unbalanced it already is....

Olive Oil Goombah
01-02-2009, 05:38 PM
THe problem is that its a totally unbalanced playing field.

So those accomplishments by the Yankees aren't as great as they would have you believe. Because every year, about 80% of the other teams in teh league have absolutely NO SHOT at winning a WOrld Series.

And during the offseason about 95% or the teams have no shot at getting any of the top free agents.

Its an obvious advantage which is why people think its a joke.

Obviously, spending all that money doesnt guarantee you anything, but it does significantly increase your chances and odds.
And with baseball its all about odds.
They are always stacked in the Yankees favor.

The way it is, the big market teams will always be there.
If they change it, than the Yankees would cease to be the dominant force they are. They would have to work alot harder to be contenders every year.

They'd be like the Knicks, Jets or Giants. Just another team.

Which is the way it should be.

Complex
01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
^ well put

baby jesus
01-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah The Yankees Have An Advantage Absolutely Especially In The Situation of Say A Kei Igawa They Could Pay Him All That Money At The Chance That He Could Be A Bust And Move On Easily While That Would Cripple Other Teams.

I'm Just Sayin Its Not A Guarntee They Win Anything And I Dont Understand Why Everyone Blames The Yankees For Doing Something They Should In Trying To Put The Best Team Out There That They Possibly Can.

Complex
01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
I think we made it clear that it doesnt garuntee anything but it gives a significant advantage and like nicky said baseball is all about odds...

you make a good point tho because most teams cant afford to keep their teams together like the yankees do (Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Bernie and Petite ) and most other teams cant overcome mistakes with money such as bad contracts *cough* Jose Guillen *cough* lol ...

that is just one of many problems with the monopoly baseball has become...

Olive Oil Goombah
01-02-2009, 06:14 PM
baby jesus.

I dont necesserily blaim the yankees because their objective should be to win a championship every year.

baby jesus
01-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah I Get What You Guys Are Saying If I Rooted For A Team In A Small Market I Would Probably Feel The Same Way. But Do The Yankees Hurt Baseball Or Help It I Think Maybe A Little Bit Of Both. When They Come To Town Every Stadium Sells Out And I Think People Love To Root Against Them Like There The Villians. Either Way They Evoke Emotion Out Of Everyone.

But Back To The Point The Yankees Look Really Good Right Now They Needed To Pick Up A Bat To Go Along With The Pitching And They Came Through And Got Tex Big Signing.

Now I'm Gonna Go Watch The Knicks And Feel Some Of That Hopeless Feeling Your Talkin About.

the silencer
01-02-2009, 09:30 PM
i think the major discrepancy between teams like the Yankees/Red Sox and the small market teams will be evened out a little bit pretty soon...cuz it's simple to do with revenue sharing:

the main reason the Yanks, Mets, Sox, etc are so rich is their CABLE TV deals.....and that is because there is a huge market in those areas where lots of ppl wanna watch their team..

with the Milwaukee Brewers or the Royals or somebody like that--there's just not quite as many ppl living in that area, so there aren't as many cable subscribers..

now, the way to FIX that or to at least improve it is to split up the revenue....you see, the Yanks get all the cash but every single game they are always playing someone else---so logically the other team should be getting some of the money every time..

after what's happened this offseason i think those in charge are gonna push hard for more revenue sharing and it shouldn't be too difficult to go through (i'm not sure if the Players' Union has say in it or not, they always fuck shit up)..

and yes the Yankees will be pretty sick this year but there's always the possibilty for a key player (A-Rod, Sabathia, Tex) to get injured for a long period of time....and, good as they are, that doesn't mean the other teams got any worse---the Red Sox and Rays were fuckin ridiculous last year, so this is gonna be a close division..

Dirty Knowledge
01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Some moron said Tampa will still win the AL East. hahah not after we've had a full season to figure out those sly Rays pitchers. David Price got ROCKED in the WS!

CuzinBilly
01-29-2009, 04:22 PM

The Yankees aint doin nothin wrong but Suckin Major ASS. they'll come in third again. Red sox all day Baby

CuzinBilly
01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Joe Torre Calls Alex Rodriguez A-Fraud in his new book lol. yalll hear about that?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2009, 04:52 PM
haha...payin him all that money to hit .200 in the playoffs. They could bring back Brosius and he'd do better.

They will realize that C.C. is not a big game pitcher too. yea, he'll get hot during a stretch of the season, but he never wins the pressure games.

watch.

baby jesus
01-29-2009, 06:29 PM
New York Yankees Are Gonna Be On Top Of The World Again And I See The Hating Is Already Strong.

Have Fun Watching Carl Pavano Oh Yeah Thats Right He'll Be Injuried And Be Out The Whole Season

Watch.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2009, 11:06 PM
haha..have fun watchin CC pull a groin or an oblique muscle and have an 8.00 ERA in the playoffs like he did last year. Givin up grand slams in the first inning and shit.

We dont have 150 million invested in Pavano, but its all good, we're gonna knock you outta the playoffs again.

Watch.

CuzinBilly
02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
any of yall fukkin with the World Baseball Classic. im lookin forward to it. ive been watchin baseball this whole off season. seent the dominican national leage. the carribean leage starts today i belive. and right after that is the classic.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
I love the world baseball classic. I think its great, and yes im looking forward to it very much.

CuzinBilly
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
wat team u goin for. Dominican Republic for me thats gonna be the super team right there. David Ortiz, Albert Pujols, Alfanso Soriano, Vladimir Guererro. and more

baby jesus
02-02-2009, 11:44 AM
I Dont Really Care About The World Baseball Classic But I Still Watch It Because I Cant Pass Up On A Baseball Game.

I Really Dont Care For The Usa Pitching Staff Oswalt, Lackey, Peavy I Mean There All Good Pitchers But Is That The Best They Can Get Where Halladay Or Someone Like That?

CuzinBilly
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
most americans don´t. No Disrespect but they where very dissapointin last time around. lost to teams like mexico, and canada. that shyt was unacceptable.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Yea, alot of the american ballplayers don't have the pride. I think they will tho, if they keep getting there asses kicked.

I was rooting for Venezuela last year cuz of Victor Martinez, plus I thought they had a great squad.

But I mean, i want the Americans to win.

baby jesus
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
They Were A Big Dissapointment Last Time But What Would You Expect When The Team Chose An Over The Hill Roger Clemens And Dontrelle Willis They Were Doomed From The Start.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2009, 07:18 PM
yea...but i think the rotation of Oswalt, Peavy and Lackey is pretty fucking good. Those guys are all in their prime

Dirty Knowledge
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
I hear America got guys like Jeter and Rollins this year, we gonna make a statement.
When's that shit starting?

CuzinBilly
02-03-2009, 01:38 PM
starts in march after a carribean series which is currently taking place. i was happy they lost because they where droppin commercials of roger clemens sayin shyt like ¨we´re gonna show the world where real baseball is played¨then got there asses whooped by a canadian team full of aa ballplayers. aint no way the Usa can beat The Dominican team, puerto rican team, or cuba for that matter.

check two
02-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Bud Selig made almost $18 million a year in 2007? Only three players made more than him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-seligsalary020309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

check two
02-07-2009, 11:05 AM
So A-Rod tested positive for steroids a few years back? What a surprise. lol

Olive Oil Goombah
02-07-2009, 11:17 AM
shit there all dirty...the game was way dirty during the homerun era when Brady Anderson was hitting 50 in a year and Hank Aaron never did that

CuzinBilly
02-08-2009, 12:25 PM
i personally don't give a fuck. and im not a a-rod fan either. i just hate how the media tries to end players careers. just like they did barry bonds. and it looks like manny ramirez is headin the same way. the media has to much power overthe players.

check two
02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Well maybe the players should follow the rules then. lol

Complex
02-08-2009, 02:04 PM
from a-rod to a-fraud to ste-rod

lol

Olive Oil Goombah
02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
i heard madonna was the supplier....no joke

Dirty Knowledge
02-08-2009, 11:21 PM
starts in march after a carribean series which is currently taking place. i was happy they lost because they where droppin commercials of roger clemens sayin shyt like ¨we´re gonna show the world where real baseball is played¨then got there asses whooped by a canadian team full of aa ballplayers. aint no way the Usa can beat The Dominican team, puerto rican team, or cuba for that matter.

Yeah because half of Baseball's great players come from those areas.

That's like me saying in the 1920s that Japan was going to show America where real baseball is played.

Fact is real baseball is still in America because we started that shit.

If real baseball was in the Carribean and South America, they would'nt only be playing to make it out of there bad living situations and they'd be playing the game for the love of it.

CuzinBilly
02-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah because half of Baseball's great players come from those areas.

That's like me saying in the 1920s that Japan was going to show America where real baseball is played.

Fact is real baseball is still in America because we started that shit.

If real baseball was in the Carribean and South America, they would'nt only be playing to make it out of there bad living situations and they'd be playing the game for the love of it.

its cool that yall created. but the players from the carribean exceed the level of the americas avarage player. dont be mad at me cuz of this detail. its not my fault manny ramirez can hit it out the park w/e he wants. lets see wat they will do this time. i doubt it will be much.

Dirty Knowledge
02-09-2009, 01:01 AM
It's gonna be USA vs Venezula mark my words

CuzinBilly
02-09-2009, 11:18 AM
naw....thats a long shot. i mean venezuela is whoopin ass right now n the caribean leage they eliminated the dominican team. how can u disregard japan and north korea. well see.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-09-2009, 12:08 PM
If the USA got serious about this thing, they could win it, but no team is vastly superior, thats what makes it so entertaining.

Dirty Knowledge
02-10-2009, 12:01 AM
^^Agreed.
The US team don't give a shit about this.
And it's sad to be honest.
The US Team is stacked don't get it twisted, but we could stack it up so much higher against the world.
Oh well. Second Round play is at Pro Player in Miami so I might just have to take that in if the tix $$ are right.

CharlesJones
02-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm not a baseball fan. I did watch Cleveland Indians when they went to the world series twice in the 90's because i used to like Albert Belle and Kenny Lofton. Did ya'll hear about former baseball player Roberto Alomar has HIV? His ex-girlfriend is suing him for $15 million because he refused to get tested when she asked him to and they had unprotected sex for 4 years. She said he has sores around his mouth and he has a bad cough and some other things on his body that are signs of having HIV.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-14-2009, 02:00 PM
haha...i remember all the rumors about those latin ballplayers on the Indians during the 90's fucking everything that walks into the clubs downtown. Guys like Manny, Carlos Baerga, Vizquel.

CharlesJones
02-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I never heard the rumors about the 90's Indians players but most men chase pussy so that's nothing new LOL.

check two
02-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Oil Can Boyd is coming back?

Olive Oil Goombah
02-17-2009, 09:10 AM
haha oil can boyd. I used to have his card.

check two
02-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Well Satchel Page was pitching into his 50's, so I guess we will see what Oil Can Boyd still has left in him. It's just kind of weird that he's coming back after being retired for 18 years. Though, he has played on some minor league and other teams in recent times. Also, other players like Julio Franco were still playing recently at an older age too.

check two
02-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Is it standard for a Dominican player to lie about his age, name, and other things when coming to play in the majors in the US?

CuzinBilly
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
naw just to break records. and take all the mlb money. while fools like pedria settle for a meslie 4 million a year after being mvp.

Dirty Knowledge
03-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Hahaha how bout them Netherlands?

CuzinBilly
03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
lol. fuck ya man u know that was a fluke. DR was tryin to hit a homerun every other at bat. Netherlands aint goin nowhere. im rootin now for PR and Venezuela. Usa doin they thing to can't hate.

Jamal Arief
03-12-2009, 07:52 PM
They played with heart and really deserved to win. Twice.
We will see how it goes...

Peace.

Dirty Knowledge
03-12-2009, 11:02 PM
glad to see my boy bernie williams still swingin for the fenches on P.R.

Dirty Knowledge
03-17-2009, 09:55 PM
David WRight!!!

What A Game!!

USA Comes Back OH MY LAWD!!

We were DOGS in the MIA so many LATINOS down here!!

Dirty Knowledge
03-24-2009, 02:22 PM
That was a great WBC, did anybody really watch? I saw a few games, and saw Ichiro's game winner. Good for Japan. People slept on them big time. I was close, my pick was USA/Ven finals. I know it may not mean much to people but hey, we were in it, so why not root for us to win? By the looks of it, Japan isprolly still celebrating.

Florida Marlins officially gota new stadium deal to be built atop the ruins of the Orange Bowl. And they are changing to the Miami Marlins. I wonder what the attendance will be like. Marlins are actually pretty good, people down here just don't show up enough.

pneumatic
03-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Miami Marlins huh? Interesting...

Complex
03-24-2009, 07:43 PM
april 6 needs to hurry the f up....

justice-sword
04-04-2009, 06:42 PM
almost here..baseball tomorrow.YES.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I liked Florida Marlins, but I guess since they have another baseball team in Florida, it makes sense.

baby jesus
04-05-2009, 02:25 PM
The Yankees Look Really Good Right Now Hopefully They Keep The Momentum Going For The Regular Season Instead Of Getting Off To The Now Infamous Slow Starts. There Gonna Be Tough To Beat This Year On A Day To Day Basis They Got A Really Good Shot With The Pitching Their Throwing Out There.

Cant Wait For The Season To Start. Cant Wait To See The New Stadium I Got Tickets For Game 2 Couldnt Afford Opening Day.

Who Bets Cody Ransom Starts Off Hot A-rod Comesback Slow And People Will Be Bitching I Could See It Now.

Also The Al Central Looks Pretty Intresting I Dont Know Why Everyone Sees The White Sox As Heavy Favs I Think It Could Go To Anyone In The Division.

portis24
04-06-2009, 10:03 AM
derek lowe pitched a gem last night against the phillies

Olive Oil Goombah
04-06-2009, 10:14 AM
the yankees will be good this season. They should be, they spend 5 billion dollars

Complex
04-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Waited all winter for opening day, took off work, and now its postponed...

God hates the royals.....

Dirty Knowledge
04-06-2009, 02:49 PM
If Texas had pitching (starting/bullpen)..they'd be fucking badass. Looks like they're offense isn't going to miss a beat at all this year, they just OWNED the AL Cy Young.

And yeah Complex that sucks man. But atleast you get a Double Header tomorrow?

20 more minutes till Derek Jeter is hitting a leadoff double to start off a brand new Yankee Dynasty. -hopes-

Dirty Knowledge
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Tighten up now CC

pneumatic
04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Tighten up now CC

Def not a great start for CC. Out in the 5th.

Complex
04-06-2009, 05:46 PM
If Texas had pitching (starting/bullpen)..they'd be fucking badass. Looks like they're offense isn't going to miss a beat at all this year, they just OWNED the AL Cy Young.

And yeah Complex that sucks man. But atleast you get a Double Header tomorrow?

20 more minutes till Derek Jeter is hitting a leadoff double to start off a brand new Yankee Dynasty. -hopes-

2morrow was a scheduled off day so no double header... Imma be at the home opener on the 10 verses the yanks... should be hype

Indians got smashed 9-1 so I guess 2day aint so bad...

Now Tigers and Twins need to do the same and Ill be happy...

Olive Oil Goombah
04-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Lee hasn't pitched well all preseason....

I dunno about this starting pitching this year if he has a bad one.

I missed the game tho.

CC is like a big tease, and im not tryin to hate, just letting you know what your getting.

He will go on a run where he is absolutley shit, than he will be unhittable for a while, usualy in July and August when its warm.

But come playoff time, he has never been as dominant as he should be. He tries to hard, gets wild and just loses his composure. He did it with Milwaukee last year.

Dirty Knowledge
04-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I saw a stat that said he started last year bad, which I do remember, so that's promising. Hey, I'm not a CC Fan, you know my nickname for him, Saffathia, he's living up to that, but he's here so I hope he preforms.

Yanks kinda let this one get away but hey, it's the 1st game of the marathon it ain't no sprint. Jeter looked good which will be big if he can get those leadoff hits. Ransom at 3rd lookin' a lil' green even though he's 33. Gardner made a nice play at the plate. Damon would've had that ball no doubt. I guess that's payback for Jeff Mayer. Lil too late though.

Watched a little bit of the Marlins...looks like they're gonna be the pests of the NL East again.

And what a wild game in Arizona. Someone hit the first ever homers from both sides on opening day.

Dirty Knowledge
04-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Also Nicky I think the Brewers BIG TIME overused CC during the final stretch last year, which won't happen this year. So consider that. And also, CC's never been on the type of team in the playoffs that he will be on this year.

wuswordz95
04-09-2009, 04:26 PM
last night at 1224 am or around that time. ANGELS staring picher nick adenhart, who pitched six innning of shut out baseball against oakland died in a fatal car crash. the baseball game he pitched was the best he ever pitched.

as a longtime angel fan my heart goes out to the adenhart family.

i never knew any one personally who died in a car accident due to a drunk driver. it must be sad.

rIP nick

baby jesus
04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah Thats Sad At I Think 22 Years Old To Get His Life Cut Short. Probably Going Home All Excited He Just Started His First Career Game And Pitches 6 Scoreless Innings And Then Bam It's All Over. Real Sad Story.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Also Nicky I think the Brewers BIG TIME overused CC during the final stretch last year, which won't happen this year. So consider that. And also, CC's never been on the type of team in the playoffs that he will be on this year.

two years ago he was on an Indians team that won 96 games, ousted the Yankees and was up 3-1 on the Sox.

Sabathia has the ball AT HOME to win it and he fucking choked.

good luck...with AROd batting .156 in the playoffs, you better hope Jeter goes 23-23 or something.

beautifulrock
04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
good luck...with AROd batting .156 in the playoffs, you better hope Jeter goes 23-23 or something.22 singles, 1 double, thats Jeter power

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2009, 07:05 PM
hahah..yea, Omar Vizquel had more power than Jeter

baby jesus
04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
22 singles, 1 double, thats Jeter power
Yeah Because Jeter Cant Be Productive Player Without Hitting Homeruns. Typical Shot At Jeter From A Mets Fan. By The Way Jeter Has 17 Postseason Homeruns A Lot Of Them In Big Situations. You Wish Just One Met Handled Pressure They Way Jeter Does Then Maybe They Wouldnt Choke All The Time.

Dirty Knowledge
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
^haha nuff said

We gotta sweep KC this weekend.

pneumatic
04-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Miggy off to a great start this year. Glad I got him on my fantasy team.

100pr00f
04-11-2009, 11:36 PM
o's fucking shit up....for now....good to say been some time

but...mid season will tell whats to come for them as allways if they keep up after that then they good have better win/ lose stats this year

portis24
04-12-2009, 08:53 AM
braves NL east champs

check two
04-13-2009, 04:22 PM
R.I.P. to Harry Kalas.

pneumatic
04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
RIP to Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Dirty Knowledge
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Kalas was the man. His games on Westwood One, CBS and other radio stations for the NFL were always wild. He always put his heart in to what he did.

The New Yankee Stadium really does look like the Old One on the inside, I'm glad they kinda went with a modeled design but the stream I'm watching on is fucked up. How the hell does ESPN not put this game on today? SMH. Garbage ass Indians are in town, have they won more than two games yet? Ransom's play at the plate was nice, but it's 1-0 and that's unnacceptable to a horrible team. Especially with fat boy pitchin.

Rangers almost put up 20 last night..damn..if only them mf'ers had some arms.

Dirty Knowledge
04-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Posada with the First Homer at The NEw Stadium!!
1-1

Olive Oil Goombah
04-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I didnt see the game i was working, but nice to see the Tribe rough up the overrated choke fatso and spoil the Yankees opener.

I like the stadium tho...Its old school yet new. they did a nice job.

baby jesus
04-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah It's Nice I'm Going To Tomorrows Game I Pumped To See The Stadium In Person.

It Wasnt Really CC's Fault He Didnt Pitch Good But He Kept Them In The Game Its The Shotty Bullpen That Did Them In.

I've Had Enough Of Veras And Martes Getting Up There On My Shit List To. Cashman Again Ignores One Of The Yankees Most Glaring Needs The Bullpen. I Wouldnt Be Suprised If By The End Of The Year The Bullpen Looks A Lot Different

Olive Oil Goombah
04-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Are they still starting joba the hut???

That dude would have been a great closer or setup man. They are blowing it with that move.

baby jesus
04-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah He's Actually Starting Tomorrow I Agree He Would Be A Good Set up Man And Eventually Succesor To The Closers Role When Mo Retires But Last Year He Made Me Start To Second Guess It A Little When He Outdueled Beckett It Really Impressed Me.

Dirty Knowledge
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Atleast the people got to praise the God Bernabe Williams today.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-17-2009, 01:31 PM
I think my sister can throw the ball harder and farther than Johnny Damon.

Do they pay him alot of money??? If so..why?

check two
04-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Is Nick Swisher still the best pitcher on the Yankees?

Dirty Knowledge
04-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Check 2 are you still scared to rep your teams?

Dirty Knowledge
04-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Crowd looking kinda dead in the Stadium I don't blame em Yanks need to take this lead.

Dirty Knowledge
04-17-2009, 03:13 PM
El Capitan!!
There's a HOME RUN for ya ass

Dirty Knowledge
04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
All 3 of Jeter's homers have been opposite field shots this year

Dirty Knowledge
04-17-2009, 03:32 PM
theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
YANKEEEES WIN.

the Captain with the go ahead HR in the 8th
1st one in the new stadium is in the book
now lets get serious and take this series with 2 more W's

baby jesus
04-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Crowd looking kinda dead in the Stadium I don't blame em Yanks need to take this lead.
Yeah Got To See The First Yankee Win In The New Stadium. It Was A Little Dead Me And My Friends Were Pointing Out Rows Of Like 5 Seats All Empty You Would Never See That At The Old Stadium I Guess People Cant Afford Them Right Now Besides The Bleachers And Upperdeck WHere I Was.

But When Jeter Hit His Homerun And When Mo Came In The Crowd Got Into It. Jeter Does It Again Big Clutch At Bat He's Already Had Like 3 Of Those Big At Bats This Year.

The Stadium Is Nice Its Werid The Outsides Really Nice The Inside IS Kinda Like A Little Ballpark Where Its Like An Overhang Before You Get To The Field. Like In Camden Yards No More Hallways You Could See The Game From Anywhere Then You Get Past That And Theres The Huge Field It's So Official You Feel Like Your In The Old Yankee Stadium When Your At Your Seats. All In All It's Nice Didnt Wow Me Or Anything They Could Of Stayed At The Old Ballpark To Me.

First Save At Yankee Stadium Mo Rivera Got To See It. I Was Going Crazy The Whole Game. But Thats Just How I Do It.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-17-2009, 07:25 PM
I saw alot of empty seats in the front where all the expensive ones are.

I dunno...im no Yankee fan but i respect what they have done.

I think this is just the commercialization of Yankee baseball...NOt that it wasn't a little bit before, but it still seemed authentic.

Seeing dudes drinking martinis at the game and shit...i dunno.

Seemed fake to me. It was authentic on the outside, but inside not so much. At least the field looks the same.

baby jesus
04-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah There Was A Place Where You Pick A Type Of Meat Like Steaks And Shit And They Cook It For You I Thought That Was Pretty Stupid And Over The Top. Hopefully The Crowds Get Better. The Upperdeck And Bleachers Are Still Lively.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-17-2009, 08:33 PM
yea, but thats not just the Yankees its everythign with sports now...cuz of the money the arenas aren't as good as they used to be. They build them to lavishly.

Like Fenway Park....They shouldnt build a new one, just redo it, but still, even if they just did that, it would lose some its its quality.

Some stadiums are better tho, like the ones they have been building in baseball, but it goes to show that all those cookie cutter stadiums suck

I still miss old Cleveland Municipal Stadium for the Browns....The new one is absolute shit...i hate it.

Dirty Knowledge
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Been a really embarrasing weekend series but if Mo locks down this 9th inning and we go 2-2 I can't be more happier.

Dirty Knowledge
04-19-2009, 03:20 PM
OH shit n/m

Mo can chill

Dirty Knowledge
04-21-2009, 05:08 AM
chin meing wrong sent down to triple a where he belongs.
whoever they brought up better have their shit together.
lol @ the shitty pirates beat the best team in the MLB last night.

baby jesus
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
I Dont Understand Whats Up With Wang But He Got One More Start After The Skip Him Before I Say Just DL Him And Bring Up Hughes.

C.C. Fatbathia Still Looking Shitty I'm Not Suprised I Though Burnett Would Have A Better Year But C.C. Starts Slow So Hopefully He Comes Around.

The First Yankees Vs. Red Sox Series Starts Tomorrow Both At 9-6 Got Some Good Pitching Matchups
Joba Vs. Lester
Burnett Vs. Beckett
Pettite Vs. Masterson
Cant Wait Lets Go Yankees.

Dirty Knowledge
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah my bad I misheard the radio the other day but he's only skipping a start. Something's wrong with him and it goes back like a year so I dunno. I think he's had the chances but yeah we needa give him a few more shots I guess. We'll see with him.

Great game yesterday the Melk Man delivering I really like Melk in left and Brett in center let's see what happens down the line with Nady.

Those pitching matchups are good. The Sawx have been on a roll winning a couple and so have the Yanks. I think Toronto will eventually come back down to earth just like the Marlins -- swept by the..PIRATES?! lol -- so we just need'a take care of Boston like we do.

beautifulrock
04-23-2009, 01:33 PM
The Yankees play baseball in a little league park

Dirty Knowledge
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey if anything this hurts the Yanks so stop cry'in Yankee hater.

baby jesus
04-23-2009, 01:59 PM
The Yankees play baseball in a little league park
I Wont Even Mention Ebbets I Mean Citi Field What A Joke. The Mets Suck Wright, Reyes, Beltran Are All Waiting For Someone To Get A Big Hit Because We All Know They Wont.

check two
04-23-2009, 02:32 PM
How many innings do you think 90 year old Bob Feller will be able to pitch in the Hall of Fame Classic game?

Olive Oil Goombah
04-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Bob can still bring it.

Watching Yankee games is light watching recreational softball these days.

Dirty Knowledge
04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
couple of tough losses for the yanks. mo giving it up, burnett choking after up 6-0. should have won both. gotta get it tonight.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Chamberlain should be in the pen..........the Yankees are run by a bunch of fucking morons.

TrueDciple
05-07-2009, 12:08 PM
NEW YORK (AP)—Manny Ramirez (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5132/;_ylt=At2OmiXuRlS1E.veemMGTDSpu7YF) was suspended for 50 games by Major League Baseball on Thursday, becoming the latest high-profile player ensnared in the sport’s drug scandals.

The commissioner’s office didn’t announce the specific violation by the Los Angeles Dodgers (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/lad/) outfielder, who will lose about one-third of his $25 million salary.
“Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me,” Ramirez said in a statement issued by the players’ union.

“Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I’ve taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons.”

check two
05-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Everybody cheats in baseball. lol

THE W
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
its been alledged that the drug that mannie took was a female fertility drug.

MamRam...lol

Complex
05-07-2009, 05:09 PM
why are the royals bout to win the world series.....

Dirty Knowledge
05-11-2009, 11:45 PM
whats cuzzin billy think of the female firtility clinic in manny's basement?

Dirty Knowledge
05-15-2009, 09:48 PM
The Melk Man Delivers!

battle?
05-15-2009, 10:24 PM
"big papi" finally benched 2night!!

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Chamberlain should be in the pen..........the Yankees are run by a bunch of fucking morons.

No

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes. He is a dominant set up man and future closer. As a starter, he is hittable because he only really has two great pitches, and gets exposed.

Go back to your cage.

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Yes. He is a dominant set up man and future closer. As a starter, he is hittable because he only really has two great pitches, and gets exposed.

Go back to your cage.

Don't give me that bullshit.

We drafted him as a starter and he will remain a starter, the kid has ace like stuff.

He started developing that nasty circle-change so he's not really a two-pitch pitcher anymore, we're not wasting ace-like talent on the 8th inning when the first 7 are MUCH more important. Bruney is a fine SU and we already have a future closer in the farm system in Mark Melancon and Mo still has a good 2-3 years left in him. Pettitte is probably gone after this year and if we put Joba in the bullpen we're going to be short handed in the rotation coming into next season.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 03:41 PM
your last paragraph proves why your an idiot and know nothing about baseball.

The 7, 8 and 9th innings are the important ones you fucking imbecile.

The reason the Yankees were dominant for a brief period was because of Mariano Rivera and the rest of that pen.

Keep wasting Chamberlain at starter. I dont give a fuck IM not a Spankee fan...Its about as smart as making K-Rod a starter.

Fucking moron, if this is any indications of your future posting in the SportZone, I might as well ignore you now.

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 03:49 PM
your last paragraph proves why your an idiot and know nothing about baseball.

The 7, 8 and 9th innings are the important ones you fucking imbecile.

The reason the Yankees were dominant for a brief period was because of Mariano Rivera and the rest of that pen.

Keep wasting Chamberlain at starter. I dont give a fuck IM not a Spankee fan...Its about as smart as making K-Rod a starter.

Fucking moron, if this is any indications of your future posting in the SportZone, I might as well ignore you now.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 03:51 PM
The Yankees in 3rd place speaks for itself.

Your from Brooklyn tho, so i dont expect you got much more than a 6th grade education. Fucking sewer rat motherfucker.

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 03:57 PM
The Yankees in 3rd place speaks for itself.

Your from Brooklyn tho, so i dont expect you got much more than a 6th grade education. Fucking sewer rat motherfucker.

It's you're*and don't*.That's like 3rd grade English man, can't even get that right.

We're going to put Joba for the SU/CL role when we already have players who can fill that role.

and for your first sentence.

We're going to succeed in the first month of the season when our ace is a slow starter, our #2 gets DL'd, our best player misses the first month, our 2nd best position player is a slow starter, our already struggling bullpen gets injured, our RFer gets injured.

Go cry because the Indians are shit.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Nobodies cryin you faggot.

Why don't you make a few more excuses about why your not as good as the BLue Jays and Red Sox and why your new stadium is a flop just like the high priced FA's you sign yearly?

Fuckin non car owning public transportation ridin section 8 livin sewer rat.

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Nobodies cryin you faggot.

Why don't you make a few more excuses about why your not as good as the BLue Jays and Red Sox and why your new stadium is a flop just like the high priced FA's you sign yearly?

Fuckin non car owning public transportation ridin section 8 livin sewer rat.

It's May you fucking tool.

God don't ever talk about baseball again you're an idiot.

And whenever somebody disagrees with your opinion, you throw a bitch fit.

check two
05-17-2009, 04:32 PM
The Yankees will probably finish in 4th place in that division.

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 04:49 PM
The Yankees will probably finish in 4th place in that division.

How so?

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 05:10 PM
It's May you fucking tool.

God don't ever talk about baseball again you're an idiot.

And whenever somebody disagrees with your opinion, you throw a bitch fit.

suck a fat cock you non 'r' pronouncing slum dweller.

Don't take it out on the rules of baseball because your idiot mananger and GM are misusing Joba the Hut Chamberlain.

You yankee apologist

check two
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
How so?

Cause the Blue Jays, Red Sox, and Rays will finish higher.

baby jesus
05-17-2009, 05:19 PM
NickyTooch Has A Lame Bias Against Anything New York.

But I Think Joba Should Be The Person In Line To Takeover For Mo. I Think He Could Be An Ace Starter But Finding That Closer To Fill In When Mo Leaves Will Be Harder To Fill I Dont Trust Melancon I Wasnt Impressed.

Tooch Says He Only Has Two Pitches Which Is Of Course Wrong Hes Got 4 Real Good Pitches Just Two That Are Devastating. So I Think He Will Succeed In Either Role. But He Does Lose A Little Of That Invincibilty When Hes Not Setting Up.

3 Walk Off Wins In A Row It Looks Like The Yankees Are Getting Ready To Take Off.

Check Twos A Fag Who Likes To Say The Unexpected If You Think The Yankees Will End Up 4th In The Division Kill Yourself.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 05:25 PM
i dont give a fuck about NEw york sports anymore than i give a fuck about milwaukee sports.

Its just we have an inordinate amount of retard yankee fans on this site so i gotta give you all a reality check everytime you say something retarded, which is OFTEN.

baby jesus
05-17-2009, 05:30 PM
What NickyTooch Really Meant To Say Was I Wish My Team Got As Much Coverage As The Yankees It Makes Me So Furiously Anger And All My Opinions On The Yankees Should Be Taken With A Grain Of Salt As I Can Not See Through My Hatred Of Them Or Any Other Team From New York Especially When Lebron Skips Town For The Knicks.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 05:36 PM
My team does get that much coverage...they are called the Cavaliers, and you swing off the nuts of our HOMEGROWN MVP.

you go so far as to boo your own people and cheer him in YOUR building.

That would never happen in Cleveland because we are not sellouts.

We do not let the media or hype dictate how we cheer for our team.

But the Spankees???

We always take care of them......I mean they aint even the top of that divison no more. The fucking Red Sox own it.

All i've said is what everyone who knows baseball agrees with, and I have been sayin it since the start.

Chamberlain belongs in the pen. They would be better with him there.

Than all the Yankee, Girardi, Steinbrenner, Cashman, YES network apologists start crying because they can't man up and say that the team is making a mistake.
They can man up and say that the stadium is a joke and that they soldout when they built it.

They can't man up and admit that nobody outside of spankee fans, gives a fuck about them.
Like i said, you might as well be the milwaukee brewers or seattle mariners to me

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 05:50 PM
suck a fat cock you non 'r' pronouncing slum dweller.

Don't take it out on the rules of baseball because your idiot mananger and GM are misusing Joba the Hut Chamberlain.

You yankee apologist

Misusing? He was drafted as a starter..

WE ALREADY HAVE PLAYERS TO FILL THE SU/CL ROLE WE DON'T NEED JOBA THERE.

i dont give a fuck about NEw york sports anymore than i give a fuck about milwaukee sports.

Its just we have an inordinate amount of retard yankee fans on this site so i gotta give you all a reality check everytime you say something retarded, which is OFTEN.

How is saying Joba will help us more as a starter rather than a reliever retarded?

And you're so awesome when you call me a slum dweller. Taking shots at somebody you don't even know.

All you do is flame people and state shit you hear on ESPN, just gtfo.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 06:05 PM
shut the fuck up homo.

I kno exactly what im talking about.

You showed your lack of baseball knowledge when you said the first 7 innings were more important.

go back to tha fuckin zoo u dumb fuckin marsupial.

Do i even have to say why him as a reliever woud help more?
Have you noticed the trend of shitty bullpens across the league?
Do you realize that he would have a greater affect in more clutch situations in MORE games as a reliever?

Like i said, you are retarded.

OB4CL2
05-17-2009, 06:12 PM
i think sucking too many cocks turned Nicky into a school girl

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 06:15 PM
like roaches all the NYers come outta the woodwork to defend the shitty management decision to start Joba the Hut.

Just like bringing Marbury to NY worked out.

morons run by the press...the NY Post runs the spankees these days.

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 06:17 PM
shut the fuck up homo.

I kno exactly what im talking about.

You showed your lack of baseball knowledge when you said the first 7 innings were more important.

go back to tha fuckin zoo u dumb fuckin marsupial.

Do i even have to say why him as a reliever woud help more?
Have you noticed the trend of shitty bullpens across the league?
Do you realize that he would have a greater affect in more clutch situations in MORE games as a reliever?

Like i said, you are retarded.

7/9 of the game is more important than 2/9 of the game.

yeah sure, Yankees had the 7th best bullpen ERA in the MLB last year and still didn't make the playoffs, and that was with Joba in the pen for half the year.

Our bullpen still has injuries, don't start bitching about Joba should be a reliever when our bullpen isn't even fully healthy yet.

Yet again another post when you get mad and have to flame everybody.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 06:20 PM
wow, you are so far off its not even funny anymore.

THe closer and the set up man are the crucial parts to winning anything. YOu can get by with a so-so starting pitching in the 3 adn 4 spots of the rotation but you won't win shit with a crap bullpen.

Joba is helping more in the setup role than he is as the 3rd or 4th starter. FACT.

Eckersley was a starter too. So was Kerry Wood, John Smoltz...

Your a fucking IDIOT. Seriously, you have absolutely no fucking clue about baseball.

You shouldnt be allowed to watch it.

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 06:24 PM
wow, you are so far off its not even funny anymore.

THe closer and the set up man are the crucial parts to winning anything. YOu can get by with a so-so starting pitching in the 3 adn 4 spots of the rotation but you won't win shit with a crap bullpen.

Joba is helping more in the setup role than he is as the 3rd or 4th starter. FACT.

Eckersley was a starter too. So was Kerry Wood, John Smoltz...

Your a fucking IDIOT. Seriously, you have absolutely no fucking clue about baseball.

You shouldnt be allowed to watch it.

Because those teams NEEDED a Set-up or Closer, Yankees don't NEED Joba in that spot because they already have their future SU/CL in Bruney and Mark Melancon ( and Mo still has a 2-3 years left in him)

Pettitte is probably gone next year and Hughes is unproven.

We need Joba as a starter in the long run rather than a reliever.

Have you even read anything I've said or as soon as I mention Joba being a starter you flip a shit?

OB4CL2
05-17-2009, 06:24 PM
lolwut

Olive Oil Goombah
05-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Because those teams NEEDED a Set-up or Closer, Yankees don't NEED Joba in that spot because they already have their future SU/CL in Bruney and Mark Melancon ( and Mo still has a 2-3 years left in him)

Pettitte is probably gone next year and Hughes is unproven.

We need Joba as a starter in the long run rather than a reliever.

Have you even read anything I've said or as soon as I mention Joba being a starter you flip a shit?

Those 2 you mentioned are UNPROVEN. Chamberlain have PROVEN to be more effective as a setup man than a starter.

He should take over.

The Yankees can sign whatever starter they want next free agent period, so its not like thats a big deal.

Their problem is they sign the worst most overhyped players.

CC getting all that money....what a mistake. Enjoy him in the playoffs like ARod.

Either way, Joba should be in the bullpen.

You'll see dumbass.

BrklynZoo
05-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Those 2 you mentioned are UNPROVEN. Chamberlain have PROVEN to be more effective as a setup man than a starter.

He should take over.

The Yankees can sign whatever starter they want next free agent period, so its not like thats a big deal.

Their problem is they sign the worst most overhyped players.

CC getting all that money....what a mistake. Enjoy him in the playoffs like ARod.

Either way, Joba should be in the bullpen.

You'll see dumbass.

Bruney had a 1.83 ERA last year lol...

It's not even worth arguing anymore, baseball clearly isn't your sport.

You dodge every post I make and just reply with "FUCKING SEWER DWELLER", you make horrible points.

Worst discussion I've ever had.