PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Sense-A
04-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I put my money on the White Sox this season.

APOLLO STASH
04-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I put my money on the White Sox this season.

lawl..

Dirty Knowledge
04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Yankees look like a well oiled machine right now. Texiera 3 home runs in 4 games....the Yankee haters DO NOT want to see him get off this early.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-06-2011, 08:58 PM
red sox kinda look overrated to me. if beckett is not what he used to be they're in trouble.

white sox looked pretty good to me.

hopefully the tribe can make some good progress this year, they got alot of young talent to make a run next year. they got a pretty good lineup and the bullpen is strong. Now we gotta see which one of these young starters makes it out of Masterson, Carrasco, Pomeranz and White......than add a veteran next year and be back.

Sense-A
04-06-2011, 09:03 PM
White sox need to work on the bullpen and Peavey needs to come back.

lineup is puttin' runs on the board and Carlos Quentin is back to form.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
04-06-2011, 09:27 PM
The Reds are looking strong so far!

APOLLO STASH
04-06-2011, 09:39 PM
i really hope teixiera keeps this shit up. 4 homeruns and 10 rbis first 5 games. we needed him last year. i love our bullpen this year and russell martin might be a good addition, can't tell yet.

JASPER BEARDLY
04-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Rooting for the Yankees is gay

Sense-A
04-08-2011, 08:25 PM
This guy must still be juicing

Manny retires after notification of drug issue
By Bill Chastain / MLB.com | 04/08/11 8:55 PM ET

CHICAGO -- Manny Ramirez has retired.
Major League Baseball first announced Ramirez's retirement in a statement Friday afternoon, saying that Ramirez had "an issue" under MLB's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program and informed the league he would retire rather than "continue with the process under the program."
The news caught the Rays, and most of baseball, by surprise. Joe Maddon told reporters on Thursday that the 12-time All-Star had to miss Thursday's game in Chicago due to a "family matter," and according to the Rays manager, that's all the information he had. Ramirez was expected to return to the team for Friday night's game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110408&content_id=17514236&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

APOLLO STASH
04-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Rooting for the Yankees is gay

not if you're from new york you fucking faggot. i bet you're the one of those ignorant faggots that talk shit just from someone liking the team they're supposed to. i respect when people love their hometown teams, even if it's a sox fan from boston, i respect them as a baseball fan. and i also bet you're one of those faggots who complain about the yankees pay roll, shut the fuck up cock sucker. when people talk shit about the yankees, 95% of the time it's because they look at the lineup, look at the historic moments, look at the loyalty their fans have for them then look at their team and come to a harsh realization. so like i said, shut the fuck up, ignorant as fuck.

Dirty Knowledge
04-10-2011, 12:29 PM
hahahahahhaahah^^^^^

Co sign to the 100th power....

APOLLO STASH
04-10-2011, 04:25 PM
haha good lookin' out my dude

baby jesus
04-10-2011, 10:00 PM
not if you're from new york you fucking faggot. i bet you're the one of those ignorant faggots that talk shit just from someone liking the team they're supposed to. i respect when people love their hometown teams, even if it's a sox fan from boston, i respect them as a baseball fan. and i also bet you're one of those faggots who complain about the yankees pay roll, shut the fuck up cock sucker. when people talk shit about the yankees, 95% of the time it's because they look at the lineup, look at the historic moments, look at the loyalty their fans have for them then look at their team and come to a harsh realization. so like i said, shut the fuck up, ignorant as fuck.

Couldnt Say It Better Myself. Phil Hughes Is Got To Be A Concern Hopefully He Gets His Velocity Back. Boone Logan I Cant Wait To See Him Shipped The Fuck Out Of Here He's Mike Myers 2.0 Fuckin Garbage. They Just Picked Up Carlos Silva Just Hopin One Of The Dudes Stick Between Garcia, Milwood. Silva, Shit Add Colon In That I Thought He Should Of Got The 5th Spot Over Garcia.

check two
04-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Blunt head, calm down next post.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM
stop all this bickering...

THE TRIBE IS ALIVE

APOLLO STASH
04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
i like how the tribe is playing right now. 3 game sweep, 20-7 total series score, i like the tribe

Dirty Knowledge
04-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Same here, respect to the Tribe. They're doing something with who knows who the fuck they got over there.

But it's all about the Yankees whoopin' up on Batimore tonight 7-4. Red Sox get lucky and get rained out.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Getting Sizemore back in the lineup will help cuz travis buck and austin kearns suck cock.

I like these young starters.
Carmona's got ace stuff.....Carrasco we got in the Cliff Lee deal and Masterson in the Victor Martinez one.

and Chris Perez is one of the better closers in the game right now.

there doing it with young talent.
I like what I see cuz its our young prospects playing well, not some over the hill mediocre vets.

Its early, but no one expected this so its good to see. I'll be at the Jake friday stuffing my face with dollar dogs.

i refuse to call Jacobs Field, progressive field.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
the best trade tho, was Casey Blake for Carlos Santana.

then they sent Mark De RoSA to st. louis for Chris Perez.

Ben Broussard for Shin Soo Choo

baby jesus
04-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Getting Sizemore back in the lineup will help cuz travis buck and austin kearns suck cock.

I like these young starters.
Carmona's got ace stuff.....Carrasco we got in the Cliff Lee deal and Masterson in the Victor Martinez one.

and Chris Perez is one of the better closers in the game right now.

there doing it with young talent.
I like what I see cuz its our young prospects playing well, not some over the hill mediocre vets.

Its early, but no one expected this so its good to see. I'll be at the Jake friday stuffing my face with dollar dogs.

i refuse to call Jacobs Field, progressive field.

Damn Dollar Hotdogs I Wish, But Still Yankees Games Are Going For Like A $1.50 Right Now I'm Def Going To A Game Soon With Those Prices. Shin Shoo Choo Is A Beast And I'm A Big Fan Of Tomlin But Still The Indians Are A Bunch Of Scrubs. Its Been So Long Since Theyve Been Good Sandy In 97' That I Acutally Hope They Do Good Along With The Royals Who Have Been Bashin The Ball

baby jesus
04-15-2011, 12:16 AM
Same here, respect to the Tribe. They're doing something with who knows who the fuck they got over there.

But it's all about the Yankees whoopin' up on Batimore tonight 7-4. Red Sox get lucky and get rained out.

Swisha First Pie Of The Season Got To Love It!!!! Phil Hughes Still Lookin A Little Weak At What Point Do You Just Say Colons Got To Be A Starter?

APOLLO STASH
04-15-2011, 10:50 PM
hughes has a dead arm

baby jesus
04-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Good Move Putting Him On The Dl Gives Him Time To Straighten Shit Out Hopefully And Gives Colon Some Starts That Truthfully Hes Earned. I'm Just Wondering How Much Longer There Gonna Keep Gardner At The One Spot I Dont Think Hes Ready For It. He's A Better Fit For The Nine Hole And Swisher Is At His Best In The Two Spot.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Damn Dollar Hotdogs I Wish, But Still Yankees Games Are Going For Like A $1.50 Right Now I'm Def Going To A Game Soon With Those Prices. Shin Shoo Choo Is A Beast And I'm A Big Fan Of Tomlin But Still The Indians Are A Bunch Of Scrubs. Its Been So Long Since Theyve Been Good Sandy In 97' That I Acutally Hope They Do Good Along With The Royals Who Have Been Bashin The Ball

they were good in 2007...they blew that 3-1 lead on Boston.

I think the team is good. I expect them to play well all year. Mainly because these were top notch prospects they got for great players. So these guys were projected to become high caliber players.

Good thing is they still got some great prospects yet to come up.

Remember the names Lonnie Chisenhall (3B) and pitchers Alex White and Drew Pomeranz.....also Jason Kipnis 2B.

If they play well all year than they are ahead of schedule cuz next year was the projected one for the turnaround.

APOLLO STASH
04-17-2011, 11:26 AM
yea gardner is not ready at all, and jeter won't produce. the thing that's gonna kick the yankees' ass this year is our pitching, rotation especially, but i think our pen just needs time. and our top and bottom of the lineup needs to do good. teixeira, a-rod, and cano are the only ones doing shit. the most HRs on our team goes to posada, who's batting only .180, this is the first time i actually don't have faith in my team

and this is a weird ass season so far.

boston worst team in the league, but with probably the best roster
cleveland and kansas city are tied for the 2nd best record in the game
rockies are best team in the game so far...etc

Dirty Knowledge
04-17-2011, 10:21 PM
2 outta 3 keepin on keepin on

100pr00f
04-18-2011, 07:25 AM
man Baltimore O's were doing good.. i was just about to jump on the bandwagon...as in watching a full game on tv. 7 l's in a row..from #1 to tied 3rd to last in mlb
well still got along way to go ..but looks like they are doing what they all ways do

i still rock the jersey.. (nameless) ..to represent Baltimore

Olive Oil Goombah
04-18-2011, 07:59 AM
the O's are pretenders....but the Tribe is for real.

Sizemore comes back with a homer and a double.

APOLLO STASH
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
absolutely no way O's would have kept that up, won't happen

justice sword
04-18-2011, 05:04 PM
the Orioles SUCK. they got a buncha big bats with idiots swingin them...they will drop off and be trash..

i cant believe how hot the tribe have been...they were supposed to be the dead last team!!! CHOO is theyre best player..so im not so sure they can keep it up all the way through...remember when the nationals did this a few years back?? then they ended the season under .500 ....

justice sword
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
edit : i picked up willie fucking bloomquist on my fantasy team...and he's gettin it done!!!! willie fucking bloomquist!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
04-18-2011, 06:17 PM
the Orioles SUCK. they got a buncha big bats with idiots swingin them...they will drop off and be trash..

i cant believe how hot the tribe have been...they were supposed to be the dead last team!!! CHOO is theyre best player..so im not so sure they can keep it up all the way through...remember when the nationals did this a few years back?? then they ended the season under .500 ....

They have more than Choo.....if Hafner and Sizemore are their old selves all year, than this lineup is going to be tough. Because Asdrubal Cabrera can hit, and Santana and LaPorta are big time prospects breaking through.

Plus, the bullpen is one of the leagues best, and the fielding is among the best.

the biggest thing is that these young starters can blossomall year. So far they have.

This isn't a fluke this year tho.....the second half of last year they played 2 games under .500 without Sizemore, Hafner and Cabrera....basically playing all their prospects.

so they got some seasoning in...which is why guys like Brantley and LaPorta are playing well and Masterson, Carrasco and Tomlin are pitching great.

They are a complete team. This year may not be their year, they are still young, but they are definitely up and comers and will be contenders for sure next year if not this year. They can contend for the division.

Plus they still got 3 great pitching prospects and a 3B and 2B prospects comeing up next year or later this year.....those are the two future holes.

so i'd expect them to keep playing well.

APOLLO STASH
04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
They have more than Choo.....if Hafner and Sizemore are their old selves all year, than this lineup is going to be tough. Because Asdrubal Cabrera can hit, and Santana and LaPorta are big time prospects breaking through.

Plus, the bullpen is one of the leagues best, and the fielding is among the best.

the biggest thing is that these young starters can blossomall year. So far they have.

This isn't a fluke this year tho.....the second half of last year they played 2 games under .500 without Sizemore, Hafner and Cabrera....basically playing all their prospects.

so they got some seasoning in...which is why guys like Brantley and LaPorta are playing well and Masterson, Carrasco and Tomlin are pitching great.

They are a complete team. This year may not be their year, they are still young, but they are definitely up and comers and will be contenders for sure next year if not this year. They can contend for the division.

Plus they still got 3 great pitching prospects and a 3B and 2B prospects comeing up next year or later this year.....those are the two future holes.

so i'd expect them to keep playing well.

good point. i think they can win their division. twins are doing terrible right now on top of that mauer is injured. i doubt KC will keep this up cuz of their rotation. tigers and the sox are cold...etc, but this is just a theory

Olive Oil Goombah
04-18-2011, 08:05 PM
we are playing the Royals right now.....they have a nice lineup. I dont know about there pitching staff though.

The White Sox have one of the best lineups in the league, but if Buehrle struggles and Peavy isn't his old self, they will underachieve. Losing Bobby Jenks has killed them. Their bullpen is a huge question mark....i think they have blown 6 of 7 save opportunties..

the Tigers....outside of Verlander, they dont have great pitching either, starters and bullpen. I think they are getting a bit old, but they do have a nice lineup. Defensively i think they struggle too.

Twins....Joe Nathan not being the joe nathan of old will hurt them...and their pitching is just so so.

The main reason i think the Indians can win this division is that their defense, starters and bullpen are better than everyone else's in the division and some of the best in the league.

APOLLO STASH
04-18-2011, 08:30 PM
yea they're balanced. other teams are good in places but flaws in others. and defense > offense. but the KC rotation is horrible. Luke Hochevar is their ace. Kyle Davies is shit. the other SP's idk too much about. but that rotation will not keep up. and their pen has 1 reliable pitcher which is Soria, which i actually think is the closer, not sure. but KC will fall behind the tribe even more. and Tribe offense is looking good in the game so far.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-18-2011, 08:35 PM
u got MLB pass or something?

im actually getting more into baseball lately. The Indians playing well is definitely making me pay attention to other teams, but its nice to see the game getting back to normal after all that steroid bullshit.

APOLLO STASH
04-18-2011, 08:50 PM
no but i have several games up at the same time on my tabs. and when i'm bored i just constantly look up baseball...the stats, players, etc

APOLLO STASH
04-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Lincecum is in the middle of a no-hitter against the Rockies. 7th inning. with giants winning 8-0. yo Touch do you think the Rockies will continue to do this good?

Olive Oil Goombah
04-18-2011, 10:08 PM
i dont really follow the national league too much, so i cant really give you an informed opinion.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Sizemore beastin it. I'm lovin those rode uniforms.

Dirty Knowledge
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
MLB took control of the Dodgers....

APOLLO STASH
04-23-2011, 03:00 PM
dodgers are losers

Dirty Knowledge
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Dodgers are still one of the better historical franchises. But they haven't done shit since the 80's so I hear that.

Gotta show a lil' love for these Marlins.

Josh Johnson 1.07 ERA gettin' er done.

Yanks need to pick up the fuckin' slack 2nite...

Embarrasing series.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Carlos Santana and Choo starting to heat up. Sizemore stays hot.

big time prospect Alex White gets the start against Detroit on saturday.

I may go down to the game tonight.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Santana with the walk-off grand salami!!!

APOLLO STASH
04-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Yankees have 3 post-poned games so far and most teams played 3 more games than them, and it ruins my satisfaction when i look at the standings

RUSHING PLATYPUS
04-30-2011, 05:30 PM
They reschedule the games. They usually schedule a doubleheader the next time those teams meet in the stadium the game was cancelled at.

beautifulrock
04-30-2011, 05:47 PM
In the Yankees case, because their popularity is so high, they usually reschedule later in the season so they can get two gates in a day-night doubleheader. Teams that suck often reschedule the next day as a back to back doubleheader with one gate. The Mets have done that twice this year already.

APOLLO STASH
04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
thanks fellas. beautifulrock your dog gif is fucking hilarious hahaha

APOLLO STASH
04-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Indians still kicking ass. i hope they keep this up. Marlins are doing good surprisingly. my Yankees are showing inconsistency as a team, some of our players are improving though.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-30-2011, 09:47 PM
rookie phenom Alex White went 6 strong innings.

I wonder if he'll stay in the rotation, he's going to be a good one. i love the youngsters on this team.

they got depth at starter and in the bullpen.

Dirty Knowledge
04-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Marlins blow the 2nd Josh Johnson win of the year. 7 scorless innings for JJ.
They blew 7 of his games last year.
Still playing well, but have to be PERFECT in situations like these where they HAVE THE GAME if they wanna be able to contend with Philly all year.

wuswordz95
05-02-2011, 06:45 PM
come on you losers( angels) keep the boston fag soxs in last place. so is it redsox or red soxs? who cares. tonite jered weaver will prove if hes worthy of being in the same league like cliff lee roy halladay and who ever.

check two
05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
This idiot can't be tried as an adult? And what's the stupid reason for that?

-Cops: Boy robbed stricken Pittsburgh Pirates usher

PITTSBURGH – Police have arrested a 17-year-old boy accused of robbing an usher who worked at the baseball stadium where the Pittsburgh Pirates play after he stopped his car while having a heart attack on his way home from an extra-inning game.

Police aren't identifying the suspect because of his age. They said Tuesday he approached the car and pulled out 58-year-old driver Michael Schacht, who had been slumped over and in distress. They say he stole the man's wallet and drove off in his car, leaving him on the ground.

Police were puzzled by the man's death because he had only a superficial head injury when he was found April 10 a mile from PNC Park.

The suspect doesn't qualify to be charged as an adult. He's being taken to a juvenile detention facility.

check two
05-13-2011, 10:08 PM
--Killebrew ends fight vs cancer, looks to hospice

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-twins-killebrew

Olive Oil Goombah
05-13-2011, 11:23 PM
fucking Tribe baby. i was at the game tonight....place went nuts after Hafners game winner.

some seattle fan was talking mad shit, wouldnt even look at me when i was running my mouth

Compulsion
05-14-2011, 08:36 AM
fucking Tribe baby. i was at the game tonight....place went nuts after Hafners game winner.

some seattle fan was talking mad shit, wouldnt even look at me when i was running my mouth

I have no idea why. We fucking suck.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-14-2011, 10:52 AM
i give him credit for supporting his team through thick and thin

Dirty Knowledge
05-15-2011, 04:57 PM
You know when the Tribe is playing better than the Yankees, it's gotta be May.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-15-2011, 06:28 PM
shiiit.....or October when we're knocking your ass outta the playoffs.

The Jorge Posada, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera era is over....ya'll better get some PROSPECTS....thats they way teh game is going. You cant trade old fucks with big contracts because no one but the yankees can pay em.

regardless, this rain really sucks. two PPDs in a row and its supposed to rain all week.

La Nina

Compulsion
05-16-2011, 06:42 AM
i give him credit for supporting his team through thick and thin

That's true. Those of us that have been lifelong fans have seen very little positive, but dammit they are still my team! I just have to assume that Nintendo will eventually hire a more hands on management. Seattle spends the money, but in the stupidest fashion possible. I hate looking at all these former Mariners kicking ass on other teams. ugh.

Compulsion
05-16-2011, 06:43 AM

The Jorge Posada, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera era is over....ya'll better get some PROSPECTS....thats they way teh game is going. You cant trade old fucks with big contracts because no one but the yankees can pay em.

regardless, this rain really sucks. two PPDs in a row and its supposed to rain all week.

La Nina

Yeah, whats up with that? It killed my fantasy team not having Pineda pitch this weekend.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-16-2011, 08:44 PM
its been a rainy spring int he midwest and northeast this year....actually i think for most of the eastern half of the country.

Seattle has had some good teams. they set the record for wins that one year. and that team the Indians beat in 95 was good.

The Martinez boys, Griffey, Buehner, Randy Johnson.

Ill never forget how pissed I was when Bob Wolcott got out of that bases loaded no outs first inning jam in game 1

Girt McDirt
05-16-2011, 09:50 PM
I have been a bit behind on baseball news this year because I am mostly interested in keeping up with the NBA this time of the year. The Braves are having a rough year so far plus it just doesn't seem the same watching the Braves without Bobby Cox running out of the dugout screaming and raising hell, lol. I get into baseball a bit more once basketball season is over though, for sure.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-22-2011, 02:54 PM
THE TRIBE IS ALIVE

Injury bug hitting us....Alex White rookie phenom out 8 to 12 weeks...probably will shut him donw for the year in the majors....but he was great. Ace in waiting.

Grady out another weeks..

Hafner outs maybe a month.

its okay tho...Talbot is coming back into that 5th spot in the rotation and the boys are picking up the slack at the plate.

bout to sweep the Reds.

Dirty Knowledge
06-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Coming back down to earth, are we?

BIG BIG BIG.

(No such thing this time of year in reality)

Series starts tomorrow.

Yall know da name.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-07-2011, 09:59 AM
losing alex white hurt. Bats are asleep. They need hafner back and they need to bring up that Kipnis kid.

still in first tho. Im not like you I dont jump ship onto another cities team. I stick with my boys.

APOLLO STASH
06-08-2011, 04:31 PM
jeter finna get his 3,000th soon

check two
06-08-2011, 04:38 PM
lol @ finna

APOLLO STASH
06-08-2011, 04:59 PM
funny word, i like to use it sometimes :D

APOLLO STASH
06-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Dicky, our teams are playing. yankees took 1 so far, what's up?

APOLLO STASH
06-11-2011, 11:22 AM

La Nina

we have plenty of prospects, we're giving them experience in the minors first, we don't wanna call them up to the majors prematurely and fuck up their game. Mo is still producing though. i hope Jeter comes around and Jorge blows that's true. although he had a stellar game last night.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-11-2011, 05:24 PM
tribe is awful the past month.

none of these bums can hit, but what do you expect from jack hanahan and travis buck.

someone is going to overpay Sizemore, and it would be wise to move Carmona this year and get some hitting.

as far as the yankees series goes.....i ahvent watched any of it yet. I really havent watched the past month. been busy.

Sense-A
06-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I feel like, if my White Sox can get to .500 baseball by the All Star break that they will have a good chance to make the playoffs. But the bullpen still isn't figured out, Pierre's struggling, Adam Dunn was a waste of money so far, Rios is playing like a bitch again, And our pitchers have low fucking ERA's and the lineup doesn't back them up on so many days. Peavy's constantly injured except short 2 week stints in between his fat overpaid contract. Santos fucking blew a 2 run lead when he had 2 outs 2 strikes in the 9th inning. Can you believe that shit/!?!??!?!? After seeing Jenks choke so many times last year I can't say this feels any worse. Red Sox can try to rely on him now.

As an all time White Sox fan, I've noticed that Ozzie Guillen is a good players coach and takes the heat off the players but he never seems to know how to manage the pitchers and bullpen. White Sox usually lose games in late innings.

http://sportscasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/frank-thomas.jpg

APOLLO STASH
06-17-2011, 06:02 PM
I was so damn pissed today. how does Doug Davis with a fucking 0-5 record and a 5 ERA before today shut out the Yanks? we just send the Rangers and Indians crying from our homeruns and improving averages and when we get to this peon team we lose from one of the worst pitchers in the damn league.

APOLLO STASH
06-17-2011, 06:06 PM
I feel like, if my White Sox can get to .500 baseball by the All Star break that they will have a good chance to make the playoffs. But the bullpen still isn't figured out, Pierre's struggling, Adam Dunn was a waste of money so far, Rios is playing like a bitch again, And our pitchers have low fucking ERA's and the lineup doesn't back them up on so many days. Peavy's constantly injured except short 2 week stints in between his fat overpaid contract. Santos fucking blew a 2 run lead when he had 2 outs 2 strikes in the 9th inning. Can you believe that shit/!?!??!?!? After seeing Jenks choke so many times last year I can't say this feels any worse. Red Sox can try to rely on him now.

As an all time White Sox fan, I've noticed that Ozzie Guillen is a good players coach and takes the heat off the players but he never seems to know how to manage the pitchers and bullpen. White Sox usually lose games in late innings.

http://sportscasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/frank-thomas.jpg

Verlander is lights out and the Tiger's lineup is solid. but you gotta get past the Tribe first. don't get your hopes up bruh bruh

Compulsion
06-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Nice! Mariners take the first game of the series with the Phlllies, and finally brought up our best prospect. Now if the Rangers would just lose a game or two so we can take the lead in the division...

Olive Oil Goombah
06-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Hopefully getting Hafner back can help the lineup score some fucking runs. Im not banking on it. They need to trade for a third baseman who can hit.

I still like the pitching.

check two
07-07-2011, 09:37 PM
RIP to Hall of Fame manager Dick Williams

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Dick-Williams-dead-at-82-was-the-man-with-the-;_ylt=Avlh7QbXYQGKMjQjcKcLe1ERvLYF?urn=mlb-wp11887

Art Vandelay
07-19-2011, 08:58 AM
http://www.registerguard.com/web/sports/26573101-41/morton-pirates-pittsburgh-game-inning.html.csp (Believe it: Pirates in first place)

Sense-A
07-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Minor League Baseball Play By Play Man Quits On Air (http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/july/minor-league-baseball-play-by-play-man-quits-on-air.html)

Written by Matt Yoder | 18 July 2011
http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/july/minor-league-baseball-play-by-play-man-quits-on-air.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Lake County Fielders are a minor league baseball team that plays their baseball in Lake County just north of Chicago in the North American League. The Fielders are partially owned by actor Kevin Costner, known for his own Minor League baseball exploits in Bull Durham. The Fielders also happen to be the worst run organization in professional sports. Yes, even worse than the LA Clippers, Dodgers, or Mets. Earlier this month, former MLB manager Tim Johnson and LCF players quit over not being payed by deadbeat managing partner Rich Ehrenreich. Acting manager Pete LaCock (bwahaha (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkEOvVa6KeQ)) then produced one of the most ridiculous baseball games known to mankind against Jose Canseco's Yuma Scorpions earlier this month. I'll let Matt Lindner (who also sent in the clip) of Bloguin's great baseball blog The Outside Corner (hhttp://bloguin.com/theoutsidecorner/) explain (http://www.bloguin.com/theoutsidecorner/2011-articles/july/field-of-nightmares.html)...

What unfolded after was one of the most bizarre baseball games on any level. Acting Fielders manager Pete LaCock put out a sort of opposite day lineup, with pitchers playing in the field and position players pitching. Canseco responded in kind, wanting to level the playing field and leaving his team with a battery consisting of himself on the hill and former Rays outfield prospect Joey Gathright playing catcher for the first time in his life. LaCock's debut as Fielders manager would prove to be his swan song as well, as he wound up quitting himself following the game due to the payroll dispute.

In a testament to just how strange this game actually was, Canseco pitched more like former teammate Dave Stewart than he did when he made his Major League pitching debut for the Texas Rangers, a start that ended in an arm injury requiring Tommy John surgery. Canseco used a knuckleball to hold the Fielders' makeshift lineup to one run en route to an 8-3 victory before a reported crowd of several thousand surely bewildered fans.

Last week, the Fielders made minor adjustments to the roster, trading nine players and releasing fourteen more. The Fielders play in a makeshift temporary stadium outside Chicago and there's no word on if the new roster of players are actually getting paid or not (they have lost 5 straight but remain 25-20 on the season). To add to all of the insanity, Fielders play by play man Qumar Zaman (seen here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riy_7tX0qCQ) trying out for the Wrigley Field PA job) then took it upon himself to quit his job on air after a recent game. Listen and be thankful that you don't work for the Lake County Fielders...A crappy minor league team owned by kevin costner losing to a team owned by jose canseco who took the mound. pitchers playing field positions. batters pitching. lol you couldn't make this up.

Dirty Knowledge
07-27-2011, 12:47 AM
CC came damn close tonight and I really think the 30 minute rain delay hurt his perfect game but still a damn good performance and the best pitcher in the league remains on top of his game with his 15th win. Didn't win that until August last year I think he's 20 bound for sure and maybe a few more, this dude is on a fucking mission to show NY he's worth everything. David Cone was in the house for the game it's a shame CC couldn't join him in Perfect Gameville.
http://images.wikia.com/baseball/images/5/58/ConePerfecto.jpg

Pirates are playing really fucking good for...well..the Pirates...and right now are in the 19th inning vs Atlanta..wow.

Lol @ Obama's exchange with Brian Wilson at the white house

3G8HaDe4ujk

Dirty Knowledge
07-27-2011, 05:15 AM
208kUZEcV5E

Dirty Knowledge
07-27-2011, 05:19 AM
N11K6dRsCew

Art Vandelay
07-27-2011, 10:52 AM
i haven't lost sleep over a pirate game since that 1992 nlcs game... until last night. fucking umpire

Sense-A
07-27-2011, 05:33 PM
i haven't lost sleep over a pirate game since that 1992 nlcs game... until last night. fucking umpire

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/670132/HomeTag2.gif.opt.gif

http://i.imgur.com/JiMyv.jpg

I think he tagged him. Ump blew that call. I can't believe the Pirates are only 1 game out of first.

My White Sox are 3.5 games back out of first in a weak division. We just dealt our expiring contract Edwin Jackson to the Jays for a reliever and a decent pitching prospect. We also unloaded 3B Teahen's contract for much needed cap space.

Alex Rios and Adam Dunn are BUMS. Alex Rios has been benched for a rookie De Aza playing CF for us who just hit a HR in his first AB for us since being called up from AAA Charlotte. We pay Adam Dunn and Rios over $20 Million per year and neither of them can hit .200 for us.

Ervin Santana pitched a no hitter against Cleveland, but they still got a run? How did that happen?

check two
07-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Art has a Sid Bream stache

Art Vandelay
07-27-2011, 09:16 PM
At my age, I got sid bream's knees

Dirty Knowledge
07-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Of course, the very minute I post about that game.. the Buccos get screwed. Bleh. Sorry Art. ;D

Sense-A
07-29-2011, 09:51 PM
White Sox win first of 3 game series vs. the red sox. 3 games behind Detroit for first place and gained a game on Cleveland who apparently just resorted to throwing at the batters when they were down 7-0 in the 4th before eventually losing 12-0. Indians are falling apart:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/672828/CabreraCarrasco2.gif.opt.gif

White Sox go up against Lester tomorrow. Going to be a tough game.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Hahahah.....i loved it. I gained alot of respect for Carrasco....A roookie throwin at heads. Next time dont stare a homerun down when its 8-0.

I'm lovin the Ubaldo Jiminez trade even tho we gave up two prime prospects, you gotta go for it now, but we will have him for 3 years so its all good, Plus he's got a tradable contract if we somehow suck.

But we desperately need Sizemore and Choo back cuz this team can't hit worth a fuck. But i love the pitching staff now.

Jiminez, Masterson, Tomlin, Carmona, Carrasco

Olive Oil Goombah
07-31-2011, 02:46 PM
we are 1.5 games out....the race has just begun. We picked up an ace, and were getting two stars back this month.

The White Sox gave up on the season when they traded Edwin Jackson. Probably the most disappointing team in baseball.

check two
08-06-2011, 02:55 PM
--Radio host Tony Bruno calls Ramirez an ‘illegal alien’

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Radio-host-Tony-Bruno-calls-Ramirez-an-8216-il?urn=mlb-wp15190

Dirty Knowledge
08-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Dan Uggla got robbed of a hit last night and now his streak is over at 32. No one's ever gonna catch Joe D.

check two
08-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Congrats to Thome and for not using steroids to get to 600, like some other recent players have done.

beautifulrock
08-16-2011, 11:31 AM
^^^prove it.

Dirty Knowledge
08-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Jeter at .291 now went 4-5 last night 2-5 tonight, I think he's gonna be .300 by the end of the year. And good for Thome.

check two
08-25-2011, 04:49 PM
RIP

--Flanagan death ruled suicide by medical examiner

BALTIMORE (AP)—Former Cy Young award winner Mike Flanagan died of a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the head, the Maryland medical examiner ruled Thursday.

A police investigation revealed that the 59-year-old pitcher was upset about financial issues. He left no note.

Flanagan’s body was found Wednesday afternoon about 250 feet behind his home. An investigation showed he was home alone when he took his life.

Flanagan won the Cy Young Award in 1979 and helped the Baltimore Orioles win the 1983World Series. After his retirement, he worked for the Orioles as a coach and in the front office before settling into a job as color commentator on the team’s broadcast network.

Flanagan was scheduled to work this weekend’s series against the New York Yankees.

“He was looking forward to broadcasting the Yankees series coming up. He was doing something he loved,” said Jim Duquette, who teamed with Flanagan from 2005-07 to attempt to rebuild the Orioles.

According to police, Alex Flanagan last spoke to her husband about 1 a.m. Wednesday. She told police he sounded upset, and he promised he would talk to her later.

When Alex Flanagan did not hear from her husband, she called a neighbor to check on him. The neighbor went to the home and called 911 after failing to find him.

Police discovered a body on the property but could not immediately determine the identity because the wounds were so severe.

There was a moment of silence at Yankee Stadium on Thursday before New York faced the Oakland Athletics. Flanagan’s picture was posted on the video board.

Flanagan was a crafty left-hander who went 167-143 with a 3.90 ERA over 18 seasons with Baltimore and Toronto.

He was 141-116 with Baltimore and is a member of the team’s Hall of Fame. Flanagan was also the final Oriole to pitch at Memorial Stadium, Baltimore’s home from 1954-1991.

During that appearance out of the bullpen, Flanagan struck out Detroit’s Dave Bergman and Travis Fryman, much to the delight of the 50,700 fans that filled the old ballpark one last time.

“He was a wonderful individual and a true Oriole who led by example, played the game with class and brought a lot of happiness to Orioles’ fans over his career. He will be missed tremendously by so many people,” said Mike Gibbons, executive director of Sports Legends Museum & the Babe Ruth Birthplace.

The Flanagan family issued this statement Thursday: “We thank you for your support and kind words at this difficult time. Thank you for respecting our privacy as we grieve. A private memorial will be held at a later date.”

Dirty Knowledge
08-26-2011, 12:03 AM
3 grannys in 1 game....an all time record...the bombers of course.

check two
08-31-2011, 02:05 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/14/1462790cc6f6d414cb277c0c5c7c269a/such_a_tease_albert_pujols_taunts_denies_brewers_f an_a_souvenir.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/bb/bb3592077d3b653dfa741b91760d468f/such_a_tease_albert_pujols_taunts_denies_brewers_f an_a_souvenir.jpg

Sense-A
08-31-2011, 11:26 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1828241/123143885_extra_large.jpg

Damnit! :thumbdwn:

Dirty Knowledge
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Your dad looked pissed, Check.

Dirty Knowledge
09-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Red Sox bout to give up the Wild Card to Tampa

Dirty Knowledge
09-19-2011, 03:59 PM
602 for the God

check two
09-26-2011, 10:15 PM
LOS ANGELES – Don Newcombe, 85, hoisted himself from a seat behind home plate, bowed his head and asked his wife, Karen, if she would excuse him.

She grinned and nodded, then watched him saunter toward the rear of the batting cage, where several players had gathered on a late afternoon at Dodger Stadium.

Bent slightly from his sternum, Don stepped from the warning track dirt onto the green grass, at which point he became “Newk,” the iconic right-hander from a generation of Brooklyn Dodgers, and a real-life traveler from the summer of ’55.

His suit falls gracefully over his thick, towering frame. His tie is done in a perfect Windsor. His fedora, which he tips respectfully to the ladies, is old-school cool.

At a time when the local ballclub has exhausted the patience of even its most forgiving followers, Newk is a dignified symbol of its past. He arrived in the big leagues two years and a month after Jackie Robinson. Six decades later he bears the same composure, wears the same Dodger colors and elicits the same deep respect.

That afternoon, like most afternoons, Newk was looking for one man in particular. He likes them all, of course, the young men who toil at a game in which he’s so familiar. But, one, he’s special.

“Almost like a son to me, to us,” he said, motioning toward Karen in the stands.

Matt Kemp(notes) greeted Newk with his arms wide.

Newk took two more shuffling steps and wrapped Kemp in a hug. With his left hand, Newk stealthily reached down and reinserted Kemp’s inside out and flapping back pocket.

There’s a way to wear the uniform, the gesture said, a way to present yourself, a way to be a pro’s pro.

Just like Newk.

Fifty-five years ago, he was the National League’s MVP, along with its Cy Young Award winner. It was the year he won 27 games, the year after he won 20.

Now, the man in his arms was having the kind of season that could result in an MVP award, and that could end in the NL’s first Triple Crown since 1937. With three games to play, all of them in the hitters’ park that is Arizona’s Chase Field (where he has batted .292 in 2011 and .304 in his career), Kemp is batting .324 with 37 home runs and 120 RBI. He is .009 points behind Ryan Braun(notes) (and .007 behind Jose Reyes(notes)) in the batting race, tied with Albert Pujols(notes) in home runs and leading the league in RBI by five.

Newk nodded at such statistical excess, at the transformation of Matt Kemp from drowning talent to relentless gamer.

“He is a wonderful young man,” Newk said. “He has his idiosyncrasies. But who doesn’t have idiosyncrasies? Those who don’t know him, they ought to change their minds.”

True enough, over six months now, from the reliable effort to the steady eye contact, he is a different player and a different man. He looks especially good standing beside the gentlemanly Newk, nodding through intimate conversations, laughing at inside jokes, promising to keep an eye on that stray pocket.

“He respects me and I respect him,” Newk said. “It doesn’t hurt to take some of your wisdom and try to pass it along. He’s going to learn this game. When he does, he’s a Hall of Famer.

“Matt Kemp can do whatever he decides to do.”

Sometimes, Kemp and Newk communicate without a word. Their eyes meet and Newk cocks an eyebrow, asking what the game will bring, and Kemp nods, answering that he’s going to hit four balls hard tonight.

The sun fell behind the stadium late that afternoon, turning the air cool. Kemp returned to the batting cage, touching Newk’s shoulder as he did. Newk gripped Kemp’s elbow, gave it a shake, and turned to go. He’d take Karen to dinner, then get back in time to watch those four at-bats.

Kemp watched Newk leave.

“Yeah, yeah,” Kemp said warmly. “He’s my dawg.”

check two
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Mr. Psychotic keeps up the good work

--Milton Bradley arrested at a home in Los Angeles

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AnFUkKIe9Mo9cw20e8mCQVARvLYF?slug=ap-miltonbradley

check two
09-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Speaking of deranged people, The Marlins hired Guillen as head coach?

check two
09-28-2011, 11:11 PM
What a meltdown by the Red Sox, pathetic.

Dirty Knowledge
09-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Hahahahahaha, ahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahhahaha

ahahahahahaha

check two
09-29-2011, 02:45 PM
lol @ this scrub

Perfect: Dodgers’ Eugenio Velez sets record with 0-for-37 season

-http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Perfect-Dodgers-8217-Eugenio-Velez-sets-recor?urn=mlb-wp21402

THE W
09-29-2011, 03:15 PM
such an epic failure requires a sacrifice. who will it be?

Dirty Knowledge
10-01-2011, 11:59 PM
^^"breaking bad" got fired.

How bout that Ivan Nova?

check two
10-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Jeter strikes out again in the 9th.

THE W
10-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Go tigers!!!

Dirty Knowledge
10-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Wade coming outta the fuckin woodwork lol

AJ is going to have the game of his life tomorrow.

And yes Valverde, we will be goin' back to the boogie down

http://rootzoo.com/article_photo_uploads/joegill88_15945_8932.jpg

THE W
10-06-2011, 10:45 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100409032804/streetfighter/images/e/ef/Sagat-ttigergenocide.gif

tiger uppercut!!!

check two
10-06-2011, 10:49 PM
A Rod blows it

Olive Oil Goombah
10-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Yanks and Sox out?

success

Dirty Knowledge
10-08-2011, 02:42 AM
28 will have to wait.

Good luck on......5, Detroit.

Indians will never sniff the World Series again, don't hate Dooch.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Granderson hitting 40 homeruns this year? LOL.

build a real ballpark...the legacy is tainted even moreso now.....Mr. Florida

THE W
10-08-2011, 08:53 AM
so the final 4 teams are:

tigers
rangers
brewers
cardinals

"and the crowd goes....to sleep".

i'll enjoy watching the tigers play in this homer's playoff.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Why would they go to sleep.

The Tigers are a fun team to watch, Pujols is a megastar, the Brewers are entertaining and the Rangers....well, they can hit right?

I find it hard to watch baseball anyway if its not the Tribe playing or I have no money on it.

The yankees/red sox thing is beyond played out. It was cool back when they came back from 0-3, but thats it.

THE W
10-08-2011, 04:50 PM
the tigers are fun to watch if you're from detroit and the brewers are entertaining if you're from milwaukee. none of these clubs have a following outside of home.

people love the yankees/redsox and people hate them but regardless, they watch them either to see them win or to see them lose. the yankees and redsox's following extends beyond new york and boston.

regular season football game >>>> world series

but im gonna watch the playoffs because my team is still in it.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Who cares?

Those people are frontrunners anyway.

I'm no Detroit fan, but I'd rather watch them play over anyone this year. I would have preferred to see them play the Phillies though.

Part of this is all the no names you have as we exit the steroid era and get introduced to the new "clean" players.

check two
10-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm glad the Phillies and Yankees are out already. I don't need to see the same teams year after year. ESPN plays the Yankees and Red Sox all the time and it's boring. They should shorten the amount of games per season, it's way too many. And then add some more playoff teams, like they have been wanting to do. Are the Yankees going to get rid of some of their grandpa's now?

Dirty Knowledge
10-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Baseball was great, so I've been told, when there was an AL and NL winner for the year and those two teams played in the World Series. The Wild Card is moronic for some many different reasons, but mainly because of it only being a 5 Game Series. Adding more teams to the baseball playoffs is just for the fans of loser teams to let their teams get in even when they don't deserve it. Keep the current system, and stop bitching.

We're going to get a fucking Rangers/Brewers World Series possibly and faggits will still cry about baseball because their teams just never get the job done.

If you don't like baseball just keep it moving.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-09-2011, 06:34 PM
The old NL AL thing worked when there were less teams. than they split them up into divisions and that was fine.

But with all this expansion, you need to have more playoff spots.

But I agree. 5 game series are moronic. Its baseball, wtf, just play the extra two games.

Dirty Knowledge
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Even the NBA saw that shit was pretty stupid and changed the 1st round best of 5's.. C'mon now..when the NBA is making better choices than the MLB...

Dirty Knowledge
10-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Y5S7PQRx5_c

Dirty Knowledge
10-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Nelson Cruz and Albert Pujols NEED to face off in the Ws.

THE W
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
staying alive..

Dirty Knowledge
10-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Nelson Cruz......Albert Pujols...........

http://mkw.mortalkombatonline.com/umk3/screenshots/13.png

Olive Oil Goombah
10-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Texas has a lineup full of underrated players.

Kinsler, Young, Hamilton, Cruz.

This is going to be a high scoring WS....can't wait, haven't been this excited for one in a while.

Dirty Knowledge
10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
They really need to do away with the Home Field being decided by the All Star game though. It's ridiculous that the Cardinals are opening this thing up at home....

Olive Oil Goombah
10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
before they it used to be alternated. I remember the 95 Indians getting screwed becuase of that.

I dont understand the problem...just give the better team homefield, why is that so difficult.

check two
10-18-2011, 11:16 PM
--Rhodes gets a World Series ring, win or lose

ST. LOUIS – Arthur Rhodes shakes his head and allows a wry smile. Nearly 20 years of deprivation and all of a sudden he’s showered in blessings. Less than a week shy of his 42nd birthday, the left-handed relief pitcher is in his first World Series, and he is guaranteed of getting a championship ring because he’s played for both teams this season, becoming the seventh player in baseball history to do so.

Rhodes was with the Texas Rangers until they released him Aug. 8. It appeared his career might be over. It certainly seemed his best chance to reach a World Series had slipped away. But three days later the St. Louis Cardinals signed him. Lo and behold, the Cardinals were all but gifted the wild-card berth, got hot, stormed past the Phillies and Brewers, and here they are hosting Game 1 on Wednesday at Busch Stadium.

Another player might be reluctant to accept a championship ring from a team that unceremoniously cut him. But if the Rangers happen to beat the Cardinals, Rhodes has no doubt what he’d do.

“Yeah, you gotta take the ring, man,” he said with a soft chuckle.

Hard to blame him. Go 20 years without a sniff at a World Series, and you’d take the ring, too.

Rhodes is regarded as a marvel and an oddity, and his current situation is bizarre. The Rangers are paying all but $100,000 of his $1.2 million salary for him to pitch against them. He’s been a teammate of every player in the World Series. Rangers manager Ron Washington summoned him from the bullpen 32 times and Cardinals manager Tony La Russa has called on him 24 times, including five postseason appearances.

Everybody seems to be rooting for him, even Darren Oliver(notes), one of two left-handed relievers on the Rangers’ roster after Rhodes was cut.

“This is sweet revenge for him,” Oliver said. “We’re going to try to beat him, but we’ll stay friends off the field.”

Rhodes says he isn’t upset with the Rangers for releasing him. He knows all about the business of baseball. He’s played for nine teams since breaking into the big leagues in 1991, the Rhodes most traveled. Only Mariano Rivera(notes) has made more appearances among active pitchers. One former teammate calls him Benjamin Button.

“I was disappointed when the Rangers released me because I was happy with my role there and they are a good team,” he said. “But you’ve got to keep your head up. I was really happy to sign with the Cardinals, and now, here we are.”

The Cardinals’ clubhouse and bullpen have benefited from Rhodes’ age and experience, just not in the way one might imagine. He plays loud music, plays practical jokes and invites younger teammates out for dinner and drinks.

“We’ve livened up the bullpen,” he said. “We just have fun. I was the same way with the Rangers and every team I’ve been on.”

Rhodes, like so many ballplayers, is a perpetual adolescent. It’s kept him productive. His most significant career accomplishments have come after his 40th birthday. In 2010, he tied a single-season record with 33 consecutive scoreless appearances and made his first All-Star team. Rhodes stays in top physical condition and still throws in the low 90s.

“It’s very inspiring to see what he’s been able to do for so long,” Cardinals pitcher Kyle Lohse(notes) said. “He’s been a big boost. He gets big outs for us and he’s ramped up the energy in the clubhouse.”

For all his mirth, Rhodes has also known heartache. The scoreless appearance record and his All-Star and World Series trips came after the biggest tragedy in his life, the death of his 5-year-old son, Jordan, in 2008 after an undisclosed illness. Rhodes writes “J.R.” on the side of the mound every time he enters a game.

“I wish my little boy was here to see this, but he’ll be right behind me on the mound,” Rhodes said. “He loved baseball.”

His wife and daughter will be at the World Series. They know what a long journey it’s been. Rhodes was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in 1988 and made his big league debut three years later as a starter. Not until he moved to the bullpen in 1996 did he begin to have success, and he settled in as a top reliever for the Orioles, then Mariners, then Athletics, then Indians, then Phillies, then back to the Mariners, then Marlins, than Reds.

He was on four teams that lost in the ALCS and one that lost in the NLDS. Now he’s been on both teams that will face each other in the World Series. Catcher Bengie Molina had a similar situation last season, playing for the San Francisco Giants until being traded to the Rangers at midseason.

The Giants won the World Series, and Molina got his ring, even though he’d been on the losing side. Molina’s brother, Yadier, is the Cardinals catcher. He said the ring is meaningful to Bengie because of all the time he put in with the Giants. Furthermore, Molina and Lonnie Smith are the only players who appeared in the World Series after playing for both teams during the regular season. Jim Bruske, Sid Monge, Johnny Schmitz and Jack Kramer played for both teams during the season but didn’t appear in the World Series.

So the first time Rhodes is called upon – to face Josh Hamilton(notes) in the late innings, perhaps? – he’d join an exclusive club with Molina and Smith.

Rhodes would like to exact that revenge, he’ll do everything he can to ensure the Cardinals are the ones doing the celebrating, but he knows he’s covered either way. After 20 years, he’ll have a World Series ring.

“It’s special, man,” he said. “I worked my tail off for 20 years. Gotta love it.”

Dirty Knowledge
10-19-2011, 10:57 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/428169237.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1319084012&Signature=RqyV3yNYhFIFCd2NXF3%2BslrqiKE%3D

lol

baby jesus
10-26-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm Not Gonna Front I Thought Without Cliff Lee This Year The Rangers Would Be Pretenders But Getting To The World Series Back To Back Years Is Legit. I Hope They Win Tonight Cant Stand Cardinals And The Fact The Media Pushes The St. Louis Cardinal Fans Down Our Throats About How Classy And Respectful They Are.

Dirty Knowledge
10-28-2011, 04:33 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/361/650/AwesomeTruth_crop_340x234.jpg?1316393184

What happened to the picture I posted lol

Dope ass Game 6 I predicted David Freese's come up

Olive Oil Goombah
10-28-2011, 04:12 PM
one of the best baseball games every played.

who was that idiot who said this world series would suck?

its been one of the better ones in recent memory.

check two
11-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Are these uniforms gonna help get some more fans to the Marlins games?

http://mit.zenfs.com/121/2011/11/marlins_uniforms.jpg

The majority of Padres fans wanted them to go back to their classic brown uniforms, but they decided to go with a real similar look to the boring uni's they have had lately.

check two
11-18-2011, 01:07 PM
So the new playoff system might involve a one game playoff with the wildcard teams? Hmm

Dirty Knowledge
12-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Marlins are building the all Hispanic team

BrokenWrists
12-17-2011, 01:20 AM
I cant wait to see where Yu Darvish ends up next year and to see how he does in America. Next season will be very interesting. It will be Strasburgs 1st full season, a possible promotion to MLB of Bryce Harper, Manny Machado, Bubba Starling and other great prospects. A lot of great late coming rookies will also get a full season, like Brandon Belt, Michael Pineda, Dustin Ackley, and Mike Trout. Also the return of Buster Posey. Ryan Braun.:no:

check two
12-23-2011, 10:05 PM
g3QQIZa6-B4

IronSheik
12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
http://i.mediatakeout.com/photo/132498741422aad24d7c.jpg

check two
12-27-2011, 12:10 PM
lol Isn't that Megan from those VH1 reality shows and playboy?

Dirty Knowledge
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM
http://brainsyndicate.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/mariah_carey_derek_jeter-250x380.jpg

check two
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Oil Can Boyd had used cocaine 2/3 of the time he pitched.
lol @ trying to use the racism card as to why his career ended too soon. Man up

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/throwback/201202/1980s-red-sox-star-admits-cocaine-use

Dirty Knowledge
02-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Finally got rid of that scrub ass no location having ass AJ Burnett and still paying almost 20 mill just to dump his ass

#RICHTEAMSPROBLEMS

check two
03-05-2012, 05:39 PM
BOSTON (AP)—Nine more men are accusing a now-dead Boston Red Sox clubhouse manager of sexual abuse, including assaults at Fenway Park and Memorial Stadium, former home of the Baltimore Orioles.

Attorney Mitchell Garabedian said 11 men have now come forward to him to claim abuse by Donald Fitzpatrick between the 1960s and early 1990s.

Ten of the men worked in their teens as clubhouse attendants, including eight who worked for the Red Sox and two for the Orioles. Another man says he was 12 when Fitzpatrick lured him to his Randolph home with promises of baseball memorabilia, then molested him.
Ron Shelton, a former Orioles attendant, said Fitzpatrick molested him twice, the first time after cornering him in an equipment room in 1990 at Memorial Stadium.

“I just want to know, `Why did this happen?’ He violated me,” Shelton said at a news conference with Garabedian in Boston on Monday.

Fitzpatrick, who died in 2005, resigned from the Red Sox in 1991 after the first of the charges against him. In 2002, he pleaded guilty to attempted sexual battery on a child under 12. The Red Sox have also settled a lawsuit by seven Florida men who claimed Fitzpatrick abused them.

Counting the newest allegations, 21 men in three states have accused Fitzpatrick of sexual abuse.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if there were hundreds of victims of Donald Fitzpatrick out there,” Garabedian said. “Pedophiles don’t stop until they’re caught, or until they pass away. They just do not stop and he had a 30-year reign.”

Garabedian said he’s asking for $5 million for each victim from the Orioles or Red Sox, depending on which team they worked for when Fitzpatrick allegedly abused them.

He called on the Red Sox to release any information they have about Fitzpatrick, including any documents related to abuse charges or if there are any confidential settlements.

Garabedian also said he’s considering asking the state attorney general to conduct an investigation into Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick’s death ended the possibility of criminal charges against him, and Garabedian said no civil action is possible in at least nine of his 11 cases because the statute of limitations has expired.

But he said the team should have known what was going on, and the current Sox owners have a responsibility to the victims, even though the alleged abuse happened under a different group of owners.

Garabedian is a prominent attorney for clergy sex abuse victims in Boston and he repeatedly compared the Red Sox to the Boston Archdiocese, saying the team was being equally silent about the abuse at Fenway Park.

“Another cathedral in Boston has a dirty little secret,” he said.

The Red Sox on Monday released the same statement by team attorney Daniel Goldberg that they released when the first of Garabedian’s clients came forward in December. The statement said Fitzpatrick’s action were “abhorrent” and noted he was forced out by a previous ownership group as soon as the accusations became known.

“The club is unaware of any specifics regarding the matters brought forward recently by these individuals but, given the sensitive nature of the matter, will not have further comment,” the statement read.

The Orioles did not comment.

On Monday, Shelton said his work as the visiting teams’ clubhouse attendant was a “dream” job. Shelton, then 17, was based in Baltimore and would dress in the visitor’s uniform and assist with various duties, including working as their batboy and handling the equipment. He even played catch with players and signed autographs.

Shelton, 38, said Fitzpatrick seemed friendly when they met and insisted people call him “Fitz.” But he said Fitzpatrick first molested him after finding him alone in the equipment room and convincing him to take off his shirt after admiring his physique. After it was over, Fitzpatrick left with the instructions: “Be good.”

“I felt that meant … don’t tell nobody what happened, and I’ll see you the next time,” Shelton said.

Shelton said he dreaded the Red Sox return trip to Baltimore that year and tried unsuccessfully to avoid Fitzpatrick when he was molested a second time. He said he quit the job after the season due to anxiety over what happened, then vowed never to talk about it, thinking he was the only victim and no one would believe him.

But he said after allegations against Fitzpatrick came out last year, he decided to come forward to help other victims.

“I can help them out by saying, `This person, he was a monster, and you’re not the only one that this happened to,”’ he said.

-http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-redsox-abuseallegations

check two
03-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Jose Canseco is trying to come back to MLB?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/jose-canseco-bounced-mexican-league-admitting-using-testosterone-170638242.html

hectis
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Jose Canseco is trying to come back to MLB?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/jose-canseco-bounced-mexican-league-admitting-using-testosterone-170638242.html

cg6udLhqxxc

check two
03-31-2012, 03:41 AM
- 49 year-old Moyer earns spot in Rockies rotation

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-rockies-moyer

infinite vagina
04-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Ubaldo Jimenez is a dumbass. He received a five-game suspension for the hit on Troy Tulowitzki.

check two
04-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Jamie Moyer becomes the oldest pitcher to ever win a MLB game.

check two
04-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Pudge Rodríguez retires

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ivan-rodriguez-back-texas-time-192639557--mlb.html

GZAjector
04-24-2012, 11:57 PM
i think this could be the year that the Orioles contend for 2nd place in the east. they may have to bring back the GOD Earl Weaver to do it though.

right now they are 10-7 and tied for first with 3 other teams.

in other orange and grey news, the Ironman Cal Ripken came through the town the other day and hammered some nails and shit for some peeps who's house was destroyed

http://d6673sr63mbv7.cloudfront.net/archive/x733694849/g1220000000000000006524cdf8ab1caec1c498c16ef343d11 710de7664.jpg

http://www.joplinglobe.com/topstories/x192350770/Cal-Ripken-Jr-joins-rebuilding-effort-in-Joplin

nice

check two
04-29-2012, 03:05 AM
T9_94t22Ado

check two
04-30-2012, 06:14 PM
-MLB will suspend Tigers' Delmon Young for assaulting a man and yelling racist slurs at another person.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2012-04-30/delmon-young-suspension-mlb-tigers?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D156670

BrokenWrists
05-01-2012, 12:48 AM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb448/evanfo/1gofi9.jpgRight before Bryce Harpers 1st MLB hit.

check two
05-01-2012, 12:59 AM
weirdo

JASPER BEARDLY
05-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Ryan Braun is the man

BrokenWrists
05-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Yea, Braun is a future HOF'er.

BrokenWrists
05-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Yu Darvish has been doing a great job this year. Those games he threw against the Tigers and the Yankess a couple weeks ago were amazing.

infinite vagina
05-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Washington Nationals are a big surprise.

infinite vagina
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
No-hitter by Jered Weaver.

check two
05-09-2012, 08:00 PM
-Former Yankees outfielder charged with sexual abuse of youth

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/rusty-torres-former-yankees-outfielder-charged-sexually-abusing-180510501.html

check two
06-20-2012, 10:21 PM
what do you think about the Rays new uniforms?

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/w0h4GDspSJSMmsdZKj3eAA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/joemaddonrays79.jpg

check two
06-22-2012, 02:45 PM
-Curt Schilling says he is ‘tapped out’ financially after the failure of his video game company

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/curt-schilling-says-tapped-financially-failure-video-game-175016849--mlb.html

check two
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
-Rookie of the year retires

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lhp-willis-announces-retirement-orioles-005425480--mlb.html

Big Smokes
07-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Detroit Tigers' Justin Verlander named American League starter for All-Star Game

AP PhotoDetroit Tigers starting pitcher Justin Verlander walks to the dugout after being relieved against the Boston Red Sox. Verlander was named the AL starting pitcher for Tuesday's All-Star Game

Published: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 11:15 PM Updated: Monday, July 09, 2012, 1:20 AM
James Schmehl

DETROIT -- Detroit Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander can add another crowning achievement to his already impressive resume.

Verlander was named the American League starting pitcher for Tuesday's All-Star Game, a source told FOX Sports late Sunday.

The decision was made by American League manager Ron Washington and the official announcement will be made at a Monday news conference.

It'll be the first All-Star start for Verlander, a five-time All-Star. He'll be the first Tigers pitcher to start the game since Kenny Rogers in 2006.

This season, Verlander is 9-5 with a 2.58 ERA and is on pace to lead the league in strikeouts and innings pitched for the second consecutive year.

His five complete games matched the most complete games by a Tigers pitcher prior to the All-Star break since Walt Terrell did it in1988.

Verlander and members of his family arrived in Kansas City late Sunday. It's unclear if he has been informed.

Last year, Washington called Los Angeles Angels manager Mike Scioscia to inform him that Angels right-hander Jered Weaver was named the AL All-Star starting pitcher. It was Scioscia who informed Weaver.

It's likely that Washington, who is friendly with Tigers manager Jim Leyland, would offer Verlander the same respect.

Verlander was considered a frontrunner to start last year's All-Star Game, but he was he was ruled ineligible to play because he pitched the previous Sunday.

He finished the season 24-5 with a 2.40 ERA and a major league-leading 250 strikeouts en route to being named the American League MVP and Cy Young Award winner.

Big Smokes
07-11-2012, 08:38 AM
did anybody catch the all star game

check two
07-11-2012, 05:02 PM
the american league sucks

Big Smokes
07-12-2012, 08:55 AM
lol agreed they played like amateurs

hey check did you see the red sox vs yankees game?

someone needs to give saltalamacchia his walking papers he batted for 5 innings (4-9) and got struck out everytime

check two
07-12-2012, 02:16 PM
lol no I didn't see it, but I'm hoping Jamie Moyer makes a team again soon.

Dirty Knowledge
07-14-2012, 06:55 PM
yanks best team in baseball too bad that bum verlander sucked it up and the dumb ass AL manager had granderson batting 9th to start the all star game lol loser

check two
07-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Nationals > Yankees

check two
07-25-2012, 04:31 PM
The Dodgers picked up that bum Hanley Ramirez?

check two
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/quUM.LW2pBnDATAAKs6LTA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/jeterfacebook82.jpg

BrokenWrists
08-14-2012, 10:41 PM
20 year 2010 Orioles #1 draft pick Manny Machado just got called up to the Orioles, hes being called a phenom less than a week.

check two
08-20-2012, 04:21 PM
-Roger Clemens to possibly pitch for the Astros?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/roger-clemens-scheduled-pitch-minor-league-game-saturday-175414145--mlb.html

check two
08-20-2012, 04:29 PM
lol @ this loser

http://news.yahoo.com/baseball-star-created-fake-website-dodge-drug-suspension-153019175.html

IronSheik
08-28-2012, 11:43 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/529/318/YadierMolina_trucked_original.gif

llBARlllCODEll
10-04-2012, 01:53 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/391617_10151195920497451_89901983_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/198648_10151189633361100_800162884_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/227487_450561141657314_304975786_n.jpg

amazing accomplishment right here

check two
10-04-2012, 10:55 AM
How bout the A's coming back at the very end of the season to win their division?

check two
10-05-2012, 08:03 PM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ZPkF..jDEDVj8ImtJWBnwg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/trashbraves.jpg

Dirty Knowledge
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
CC 8 and 2/3rds PETTITE WILL NOT BE DENIED TONIGHT

YANKS RULE SUPREME THIS YEAR

check two
10-08-2012, 05:09 PM
They were lucky to win the division.

Dirty Knowledge
10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
lol

IronSheik
10-12-2012, 02:33 PM
now this is commitment to winning right here...with their season on the line

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/400901_10151068017866006_1641459626_n.jpg (https://twitter.com/YankeesPR)

check two
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Is he going to retire?

Blackula Spectacula
10-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Poor A-rod, he's so hawt too. But Go Yanks!:cheerlie: Murder them tigers, skin them alive! :cheerlie:

GZAjector
10-12-2012, 11:03 PM
ahaha typical insipid twat, rooting for a team because a player is "hawt". Tigers gonna BUTTFUCK that yankee ass. fucking reject lives in fucking ULTIMA THULE yet is a yankees "fan".

O's are my squad, always have been, but i'm not tripping that they didn't advance though, most had them finishing in last place so it's all good.

theheavens
10-12-2012, 11:52 PM
everybody hates the yankees. they're from the city of cockroaches

check two
10-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Yankees are going down. they have a bunch of weird fans.

CharlesJones
10-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I usually don't watch baseball but i watched some of the Nationals game last night and i watched the Orioles and Yankees game a few days ago. Baseball isn't as boring as i thought it was. It's a damn shame Nationals couldn't hold a 6-0 lead last night. I was kinda pulling for the Nationals since i live in Maryland and they've never been to the playoffs. Orioles are gonna be back to the playoffs for several years. I'm happy for them because they haven't been to the playoffs for a long time. LOL@my hometown team Cleveland Indians hahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't think they'll ever be good. Last time i watched them was when i lived in Cleveland in the 90's the 2 years they went to the world series against the Braves and Marlins. I hope the Yankees beat Detroit. I want the Yankees to win the world series. I'm surprised the Yankees have been good for a very long time. They have good management and that's why they've always been successful. Sucks what's happening with Alex Rodriguez. He's been struggling.

Blackula Spectacula
10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
ahaha typical insipid twat, rooting for a team because a player is "hawt". Tigers gonna BUTTFUCK that yankee ass. fucking reject lives in fucking ULTIMA THULE yet is a yankees "fan".

O's are my squad, always have been, but i'm not tripping that they didn't advance though, most had them finishing in last place so it's all good.

uhhh....I actually live in New York City now. But I've always been a yankees fan from the get go. Don't be a sore loser, U mad?

theheavens
10-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Yankees are going down. they have a bunch of weird fans.

"weird" is too nice. my man. they're fucking smelly cockroaches. this is NY...

5Za2k5wA3sk

GZAjector
10-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Don't be a sore loser, U mad?hahaha

yeah.

i was.

i'm over it now though.

i'm proud of you, good luck.

check two
10-14-2012, 08:00 PM
I usually don't watch baseball but i watched some of the Nationals game last night and i watched the Orioles and Yankees game a few days ago. Baseball isn't as boring as i thought it was. It's a damn shame Nationals couldn't hold a 6-0 lead last night. I was kinda pulling for the Nationals since i live in Maryland and they've never been to the playoffs. Orioles are gonna be back to the playoffs for several years. I'm happy for them because they haven't been to the playoffs for a long time. LOL@my hometown team Cleveland Indians hahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't think they'll ever be good. Last time i watched them was when i lived in Cleveland in the 90's the 2 years they went to the world series against the Braves and Marlins. I hope the Yankees beat Detroit. I want the Yankees to win the world series. I'm surprised the Yankees have been good for a very long time. They have good management and that's why they've always been successful. Sucks what's happening with Alex Rodriguez. He's been struggling.

Well technically Washington has been to the playoffs before.

And the Yankees are good cause they have money, not cause of the management.

Blackula Spectacula
10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Nooooo, yankees lost again! :(

I'm not gonna be a sore loser though :P, good game. We'll get you back tigers! *crosses fingers*

Dirty Knowledge
10-14-2012, 10:55 PM
CC game 3 thats an auto win for the yanks were gonna sweep these three in the d

check two
10-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Down 2-0 going back to Detroit, the series is over.

IronSheik
10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
haha...lame ass fans still cant get over it but it won't mean shit if they dont win this series let alone be the champs

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/0VY1JaRSnvUc1hrlXhMqjQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/PujolswatchinTV101712.jpg (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/albert-pujols-fondly-recalled-nlcs-st-louis-fan-201324588--mlb.html)

check two
10-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Have the Bad News Yankees scored any runs yet in their series?

check two
10-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Maybe if this overhyped dude would focus more on baseball, he wouldn't be getting benched so much.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/woman-center-silly-rod-flirting-controversy-identified-220642175--mlb.html

IronSheik
10-18-2012, 07:15 PM
fuk the Yanks...the reason why i dont watch baseball (other then it being boring as shit) is that its not fair w/o a salary cap so u got teams like Boston & NY that just buy the top players from other teams that simply can't make the offers these big $$$$ teams have to keep em

best thing is when these teams loose like this....which is why most kats hate them

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/65348_10151075846736006_541835812_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/69730_456338334412928_1524215646_n.jpg

check two
10-18-2012, 08:26 PM
The Yankees were pathetic, didn't look like a playoff team at all.

THE W
10-19-2012, 09:04 AM
the yanks were in complete disarray going into that series.

im glad my tigers made it but they're not gonna play a team anywhere near as bad as the yankee team they just bulldozed. they better be ready to play some real baseball as they more or less got a break playing the yankees.

Urban_Journalz
10-20-2012, 07:52 AM
In defence of Boston, there never really was a curse, YOU JUST SUCKED FOR 86 YEARS.

check two
10-20-2012, 12:00 PM
So the Yankees are stuck with A-Rod for 5 more years? lol @ signing somebody to a 10 year no trade clause.

Urban_Journalz
10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/WV-86.svg/600px-WV-86.svg.png

86 YEARS check. EIGHTY-SIX. Not 8. Not 6. EIGHTY AND SIX.

How do you fail for the better part of a century??

The Dodgers did better than that AFTER they left Brooklyn! AFTER!

check two
10-20-2012, 01:24 PM
did I say I liked the Red Sox or something? lol

IronSheik
10-23-2012, 07:07 PM
With 3 years remaining on his 4-year, $10 million contract

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/29818_10151081792741006_1695588743_n.jpg (https://twitter.com/MLB/status/260829026292215809)

IronSheik
10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
man...Detroit really is the poorest city in the US

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/307996_10151083152716006_1550227902_n.jpg

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Hahahahaha GO GIANTS

THE W
10-25-2012, 01:32 PM
verlander frikin blew it. couldnt even make it competitive. game was over in the 4th.

he wont get another start until game 4 and he may be pitching to stay alive.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
10-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah PANDA RAPED THE TIGERS

check two
10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
It looks like the fake beards are going to take this one unless a miracle happens.

IronSheik
10-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Tigers were more pathetic than the Yankees

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/69384_529905237037614_1305374113_n.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fpm433wpd6M)

check two
10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Not quite as pathetic as the Yankees

theheavens
10-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Tigers were more pathetic than the Yankees

at least our city isn't the Mecca for fags -- aka, san fran

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
10-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Thats New York by population. You ignorant shit bag ^

Don't be such a douchebag. Keep my city name ouit of your pathetic losing mouth.

*Puts theheavens on my list

check two
11-01-2012, 11:36 AM
RIP to Pascual Perez

http://l1.yimg.com/nn/fp/rsz/110112/images/smush/perez_uni_1351785590.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dominican-former-yankees-pitcher-slain-153015037--mlb.html

check two
11-07-2012, 08:45 PM
-Former number 1 draft pick contributing to society:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-yankees-prospect-taylor-sentenced-173328113--mlb.html?bcmt=1352342540051-22a5f019-4f7e-4258-84d7-570bebddbd6c&bcmt_s=u#ugccmt-container-b

IronSheik
11-15-2012, 11:05 AM
UXRrXtpZtTk

Tecknowledgist
11-22-2012, 06:35 PM
AL East got a problem!!!! JAYS BABY

check two
12-03-2012, 06:08 PM
A Rod needs another hip replacement, yet he has 5 years left on his contract? The Yankees might be looking at a last place finish this year with the schleps on their team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alex-rodriguez-s-hip-injury-reveals-fragile-state-of-yankees--aging-roster-213227255.html

Dirty Knowledge
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Yanks need to get rid of that fucking bum. If there's a true Yanks fan on this board and they like A-Rod they need their card revoked. No Yankee fan like this loser. We were lucky to win ONE with his bum ass. And that's cuz the porn God Matsui started busting nuts all over the Phillies.

I'm not die hard Marlins fan but that's my city too and I hate how they used our money to fund the stadium... just to use it for a Triple A ball club. That's the type of politics that goes on down here. Rich rich poor poor.

IronSheik
12-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Halos are like the west coast Yanks signing all these big $ stars

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/397015_10151147488976006_1944031763_n.jpg (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/8744414/josh-hamilton-agreed-deal-los-angeles-angels)

check two
12-26-2012, 07:39 PM
-Former Braves star Andruw Jones accused of dragging wife, saying he wanted to kill her

..ATLANTA - Police say the wife of former Atlanta Braves star Andruw Jones accused him of dragging her down a staircase, grabbing her neck and saying he wanted to kill her.

A police report obtained by The Associated Press says the fight happened around 1:30 a.m. on Christmas Day, after Nicole Jones asked her husband to help her prepare their home for Christmas morning.

Andruw Jones was free on bond after being arrested in Duluth on a battery charge, according to Gwinnett County Jail records. It wasn't known Wednesday whether he has an attorney.

Nicole Jones told officers she tried to escape upstairs, but her husband grabbed her by the ankle and dragged her downstairs, got on top of her and said, "I want to kill you," according to the report.

check two
01-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Which of these players should make the 2013 Hall of Fame?

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/baseball-hall-of-fame-ballot-breakdown-slideshow/#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Fbaseball-hall-of-fame-ballot-breakdown-1357529492-slideshow%252Fchicago-june-lee-smith-46-of-the-chicago-cubs-winds-back-to-pitch-during-a-june-1987-season-game-at-photo-328660666.html

IronSheik
01-30-2013, 05:28 PM
5 years & $114 million remaining following allegations that he used PEDs.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/129/040/154362602_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75 (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1507142-new-york-yankees-reportedly-exploring-ways-to-void-alex-rodriguezs-contract)

With new allegations arising that Alex Rodriguez (http://bleacherreport.com/alex-rodriguez) has been using performance-enhancing drugs (http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01-31/news/a-rod-and-doping-a-miami-clinic-supplies-drugs-to-sports-biggest-names/full/) (via Miami New Times), the Yankees are reportedly attempting to void the veteran slugger's remaining contract.

The news comes from ESPN's Wallace Matthews and Andrew Marchand (http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8894904/alex-rodriguez-contract-attempting-voided-new-york-yankees-according-sources):According to an industry source, the Yankees "are looking at about 20 different things," including whether Rodriguez breached the contract by taking medical treatment from an outside doctor without the team's authorization, and the possibility that he may have broken the law by purchasing controlled substances from a Miami "wellness clinic" run by nutritionist Anthony Bosch.
If you're a Yankees fan and your ears just perked up a little bit, don't go removing him from the roster just yet. Matthews and Marchand added these details: According to several baseball sources who spoke to ESPNNewYork.com on the condition of anonymity, Rodriguez may be in little danger of having his contract voided, even if the charges turn out to be true.
"(The Yankees) can't do anything until the MLB (http://bleacherreport.com/mlb) investigation is concluded and they take action, if any," the source said.
Rodriguez, who could potentially miss the entire 2013 season (http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-01-25/alex-rodriguez-injury-update-hip-yankees-whole-season) due to hip surgery, is playing under what is easily one of the worst contracts in baseball, as he still has five years for $114 million remaining.

The massive contract obviously didn't look so bad when A-Rod was blasting 54 homers and bringing in league MVPs, but in the past few years, his production has tailed off considerably.
In 2012, the highly criticized third baseman hit .272 and saw his slugging percentage dip to a career-low .430 (for a season in which he played at least 50 games).

Not only that, but he also once again struggled in the postseason, going 3-for-25, striking out 12 times and even getting benched. It marked his third straight disappointing playoff performance.

A-Rod is on a massive downslope in his career, and his hip injury, recent performance-enhancing drug allegations and this newest development, which serves as further alienation from his own team, are making matters worse.

The Yankees—and their fans—are clearly growing tired of Rodriguez, and if there is any possible way they can rid themselves of the increasingly large cancer at the hot corner, you can bet they will do everything in their power to make that happen.

beautifulrock
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
^^^and the best news is, they can't get rid of him.

BrokenWrists
01-31-2013, 02:09 AM
a rod is here to stay and will break Sadaharu Oh home run record and go into the hall of fame

beautifulrock
01-31-2013, 05:00 AM
Sadaharu Oh does not hold the home run record. In any way, shape, or form. Japanese baseball is inferior, therefore does not count. Otherwise, Josh Gibson would hold the record for the 900 or so he hit in barnstorming competitions and the negro leagues.

hectis
01-31-2013, 05:25 AM
Who is Sadaharu Oh?

check two
02-05-2013, 03:03 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/astroschart25.jpg

check two
02-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Marlins fans in line to pick up tickets

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/t8IAjwPOZNcmya401PUZNg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/marlinstickets020913.jpg

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ab75F34vUcpMpQlkOAI.cw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/Marlins3.jpg

check two
04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Are the Yankees going to have the lowest attendance of any team this season?

hectis
04-03-2013, 11:42 PM
No

baby jesus
04-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Are the Yankees going to have the lowest attendance of any team this season?
If the new Stadium wasn't such a fucking disaster maybe people would go. I use to go to a shit ton of games but now I go to 2 or 3 tops a year. I hate it there if you even clap securitys in your face.

It's still Yankees all day Playoff bound mark my words.

hectis
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't think the Yankees will make the playoffs this season; In fact I can see them finishing last in the A.L East.

check two
04-11-2013, 02:28 PM
The curse lives on: Severed goat head delivered to Wrigley Field

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/severed-goat-head-delivered-wrigley-field-020418231--mlb.html

Dirty Knowledge
04-15-2013, 02:24 AM
Is Jose Fernandez is the greatest pitcher ever?

IronSheik
05-01-2013, 01:38 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/575394_10151374817146006_528067288_n.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Barry-Bonds-Say-No-To-Drugs-Autograph-1987-Donruss-Rookie-PSA-Rare-Auth-/221221377887?pt=US_Autographed_Trading_Cards&hash=item3381d2575f)

check two
05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
-Glenn Burke, the first openly gay pro athlete

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/v9gevQbQPQM2.iqnhASowA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zOTg7cT03OTt3PTY2MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/theweek/glenn-burke-pictured-in-1977-made-no-secret-of-his-sexual-orientation.jpg

Sit down, Jason Collins, says Allen Barra at The Atlantic. Pro baseball's Burke beat you by 30 years

NBA player Jason Collins was widely hailed this week — and obliquely vilified — for becoming the first openly gay active pro athlete in a major men's sport. He isn't, says Allen Barra at The Atlantic. "The Jackie Robinson of gay rights was Glenn Burke, who played for the Los Angeles Dodgers and Oakland A's from 1976 to 1979." If you didn't know that, you're not alone. Thanks to a deafening silence from MLB officials and the sports media, "Burke is remembered less today as a pioneer for gay rights and more as the man who, along with Dusty Baker, invented the 'high five,'" says Barra. Here's an excerpt:

Burke made no secret of his sexual orientation to the Dodgers front office, his teammates, or friends in either league. He also talked freely with sportswriters, though all of them ended up shaking their heads and telling him they couldn't write that in their papers. Burke was so open about his sexuality that the Dodgers tried to talk him into participating in a sham marriage....

The media in general and the sports media in particular found Burke's homosexuality an inconvenient truth. He told People, "I think everyone just pretended not to hear me. It just wasn't a story they were ready to hear."

Read the entire article at The Atlantic.

Rame
05-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Never knew baseball teams play so many games.

How often do you guys watch your favorite team?

Once a week? Whenever you have time?

I'm glad my favorite soccer teams only have 1 or 2 games a week so I can watch pretty much everything.

I only have 1 American sports channel and 1 channel that broadcasts some NBA games and most games are at night so I watch whatever is on during the day. Can't really follow 1 team.

hectis
05-10-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't think the Yankees will make the playoffs this season; In fact I can see them finishing last in the A.L East.

So far Hectis, you were wrong about The Yanks finishing last in the A.L East, but there's like 260 more games left in the season, so in the end you might be right.