View Full Version : Answered: quetions about Jesus Christ

Vernakular
04-12-2006, 12:49 AM
yo lemme share some knowledge about jesus,

share your questions

Vernakular
04-12-2006, 05:14 PM
the vatican perpitrated lies about jesus christ himself

they'll pay any amount of money just to not leak information in to the genral public

bullshit put in the bible *only about jesus' death*

he didnt die he made a deal with pontius pilate saying that he wouldnt

he died in hours when traditionally niggaz were left on crosses for days b4 bein taken down the solution is simple

when Jesus said he was thirsty they said the soldiers gave him vinigar when in reality they gave him a drug which gave him less trauma during the supposed exocution

damaja
04-12-2006, 07:25 PM
What was his favourite ice cream?

ujesus
04-12-2006, 07:39 PM
mc you need to stop getting caught up in dateling nbc bullshit. Those jesus papers are just there to confuse

My First Timbs
04-12-2006, 08:04 PM
jesus never existed. "he" is a mythical amalgalm of the beliefs of prior cultures

cap
04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
jesus never existed. "he" is a mythical amalgalm of the beliefs of prior cultures

im not gonna debate with u,but they proved that he existed,i dont know how but they did,that im sure of.

Vernakular
04-12-2006, 10:21 PM
he did exist, there certain laws which writin the bible that hebrews had to takew

his favorite ice cream was EVERY ICE CREAM MUHAHA

damaja
04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Okay, what about his favourite television show? It better be Lost or Prison Break.

Vernakular
04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
his favorite tv show was the chappelle show, he tol me

My First Timbs
04-12-2006, 11:16 PM
im not gonna debate with u,but they proved that he existed,i dont know how but they did,that im sure of.

outside of the gospels themselves, there is no proof that the "Jesus" ever walked this planet as a real historical being.

and sadly, the gospels were written after the alleged death of the Jesus.

the closest thing to a proof for the existence of the Jesus (I say "the Jesus" to denote that it is a character, not a real being) are the writings of Josephus. The writings of Josephus are not evidence for the existence of the Jesus because they are not eyewitness accounts. Josephus was merely commenting on a "christian" movement that was already underway during his time.

The "Jesus" archetype is a borrowed concept from earlier cultures that existed way before christianity was a twinkle in the middle eastern world's eye. (Hindu's Khrishna being the main contributor)

maestro wooz
04-12-2006, 11:27 PM
does it matter if he really existed?

Vernakular
04-13-2006, 12:36 AM
outside of the gospels themselves, there is no proof that the "Jesus" ever walked this planet as a real historical being.

and sadly, the gospels were written after the alleged death of the Jesus.

the closest thing to a proof for the existence of the Jesus (I say "the Jesus" to denote that it is a character, not a real being) are the writings of Josephus. The writings of Josephus are not evidence for the existence of the Jesus because they are not eyewitness accounts. Josephus was merely commenting on a "christian" movement that was already underway during his time.

The "Jesus" archetype is a borrowed concept from earlier cultures that existed way before christianity was a twinkle in the middle eastern world's eye. (Hindu's Khrishna being the main contributor)

josephus was a hebrew prophet right? Im thinkin how can u spark a movement without a leader, and jesus was that dun, you cant make some of this shit up less u think its peculliar which would be a dickhead thing to say

maestro wooz
04-13-2006, 12:52 AM
does it matter if he really existed?

?????

My First Timbs
04-13-2006, 01:36 AM
?????

that depends!

that depends on what your individual belief is and what your goal is.

if your belief/goal is to follow the alleged teachings of jesus as a model for your life and a model for humanity .. actually it doesnt matter.. because the teachings are indeed beneficial!

but if your goal/belief/aim is to trulyhave it be known that the teachings are true and beneficial because the Jesus was a real historical being who was the son of a god... then the issue of whether or not the jesus ever existed is of extreme relevance!

Maboya
04-13-2006, 05:21 AM
The Historical Jesus

About the accuracy of the biblical story of Jesus, his mission, his crucifixtion ....there has been much debate ever since the beginings of modern scholarly Biblical criticism. Some of the more extreme of those who pursued in the nineteenth century this "higher criticism," such as the German, Bruno Bauer, Jesus had never existed; for Bauer, Jesus was a "myth". For the most part however, these critics confined themselves to questioning the objectivity and accuracy of our historical "sources" for the life of Jesus. Closest to such sources are the "Synoptic Gospels," the New Testament books of Mark, Luke, and Matthew, which are called "synoptic" because they take the same general view. Scholars are now generally agreed that the Gospel according to St. Mark is the oldest, dating from about 60 A.D.
The account of the life and the ministry of Jesus as given in the Synoptic Gospels is, however, by no means false or legendary. The first generation or so of higher critics of the Bible in the nineteenth century-- mostly Germans who were proud of their new techniques of historical research--went too far in their assumption that, because the life of Jesus is not documented in the sense, say, that the life of any modern great man is documented, we must assume that the gospel account is mostly fiction. The extremists who deny the historicity of Jesus have had few followers, even among the scholars who are outside the Christian belief. Indeed the balance has now swung the other way, and most scholars believe that our sources give us a faithful reflection of the life of Jesus as it seemed to the first generations of Christians.

A History of Civilization
Volume One
Third Edtion
Prentice-Hall

Koolish
04-13-2006, 10:49 AM
^^^ here's someone who knows how to use REAL evidence to back up an argument, and not just bull shit opinions we all have.

the way we know someone exists is if there is something written about them, the gospels are the most prominent examples of this. but because the gospels revolve around something "religious", their accuracy is questioned. someone does not exist if there is no record of their existence.

were Jesus a fictional character, why would 4 different people from 4 different time periods decide to write 4 individual stories revolving around the same, almost exact concept.

no one has written a gospel of santa claus.

Visionz
04-13-2006, 01:56 PM
^not saying that maboya is wrong, but people lie on paper all the time. There's all kinds of ancient writings in regards to Zuess, does that make him real?

whitey
04-13-2006, 04:01 PM
there was an egyption prophet that has a lot of similarities to jesus. and people think he was just based on him.

his name starts with a P, if someone can put it up before i find it someplace let it be known.

Aqueous Moon
04-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Peter? I don't know ...just guessing.