PDA

View Full Version : being exposed

LHX
04-12-2006, 09:38 AM
why is it that a lot of people are so terrified of being exposed?

why does this element of 'pride' cause people to mis-represent themselves?

where did this 'pride' develop?

why are so many people afraid to admit when they fuck up and when they fucked up in the past?

where did this pressure to 'not make mistakes' come from?

why do people 'pretend things didnt happen'?

dif de la rev
04-12-2006, 12:32 PM
image conscious where others mean more than them being truthful to themselves.

they open themselves to getting hurt. people don't want to be seen as weak/soft.

Aqua Luna
04-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Cause it's like everybody wants to be the judge

Most people can't wait to judge somebody else...

and being judged sucks.

Prolifical ENG
04-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I get stood corrected many times....

on the other hand

One thing that I heard, is in some American states and Canadian provinces, there might be laws so companies can legally apologise without suffering losses. The problem with some apologies are the "Im sorry" has to come with some kind of offer of compensation. However if there is no compensation when you admit fault, it could technically not be an apology.

I cant get the article, it was an article that I had to conceptually anylize for my modes of reasoning exam at uni. Perhaps someone can find it.

So I guess fucking up always comes with a price...literally.

If you fuck up at your job, that could mean that you will be less likely to get raises, promotions, good references, etc. So again it will cost you in a capitalist world.

galt john galt
04-13-2006, 12:34 AM
the notion of being vulnerable scares people. people open themselves up and insecurities flood to the conscious. peoples fears are actualized and people fear death than the prospect of shame and maybe disgrace. people having self-doubt. opening themselves takes risk, people want security and surety.