PDA

View Full Version : threat

LHX
04-13-2006, 11:55 AM
everybody seems to think there is somebody or something out to get them or somebody they are close to

this is just an observation

but
the question i ask is -

what is the most harm that can come to a person?

galt john galt
04-13-2006, 12:41 PM
the harm they cause themselves. the harm that ensues from doubts and fears. whether projected from others or harbored by themselves. the harm can be physical though the most harm done is mental. mental harming can damage/injure one's overall disposition, physical just disrupts their situation.

LHX
04-13-2006, 12:42 PM
the harm they cause themselves. the harm that ensues from doubts and fears. whether projected from others or harbored by themselves. the harm can be physical though the most harm done is mental. mental harming can damage/injure one's overall disposition, physical just disrupts their situation.

so what are you saying?

what is the worst thing that can happen to a person in the known universe?

Visionz
04-13-2006, 12:53 PM
its not what they do to the person, its what they do to the people. In a singular experience, shit is fucked up but has minimal repricussions, when it is experienced by a whole race, the effects echo on for centuries.

LHX
04-13-2006, 01:16 PM
its not what they do to the person, its what they do to the people. In a singular experience, shit is fucked up but has minimal repricussions, when it is experienced by a whole race, the effects echo on for centuries.

i agree
but

what is the worst thing that can happen?

galt john galt
04-13-2006, 01:36 PM
an unatural mind state.

Aqua Luna
04-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Well, personally...the worst thing that a person can do to me is ignore me.

I hate that shit with a passion.

collectively, I think the worst is slander...to have your good intentions, your name, and your love trashed in front of the eyes of every and anyone is a tragedy.

physically, I want to say death but, I think pain is more accurate...the pain, the burning is intolerable.

LHX
04-13-2006, 01:40 PM
an unatural mind state.

what is an unnatural mind state and why is it bad?

LHX
04-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, personally...the worst thing that a person can do to me is ignore me.

I hate that shit with a passion.

collectively, I think the worst is slander...to have your good intentions, your name, and your love trashed in front of the eyes of every and anyone is a tragedy.

physically, I want to say death but, I think pain is more accurate...the pain, the burning is intolerable.

do you think 'being ignored' and 'the burning pain' are related?

agony?
torture?

at what point are physical and mental torture tied together?
some say most 'illnesses' and 'diseases' are psychosomatic

--the being ignored issue might be something worth discussing in another thread-- i had a good build on that a while back

Aqua Luna
04-13-2006, 01:43 PM
glad i know that now.
word!...and don't forget it! lol.

LHX
04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
i think just the idea that you always feel threatened is the worst that can happen, a idea can't be faced becaue it's not physical reality.

i think there may be something to this

galt john galt
04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
what is an unnatural mind state and why is it bad?

one that does not work in accord with the truth as they know not feel to be. it is bad because it has/makes the person live a life devoid of it's natural state so it must be contrived - made up, false.

Aqua Luna
04-13-2006, 01:47 PM
do you think 'being ignored' and 'the burning pain' are related?

agony?
torture?

at what point are physical and mental torture tied together?
some say most 'illnesses' and 'diseases' are psychosomatic

--the being ignored issue might be something worth discussing in another thread-- i had a good build on that a while back
yes...I can see where you at.

Damn!, that's deep!

I think at the point when you have to sacrifice your physical for the mental...

We do it on a daily basis...and in many ways.

something to think about...i'm thinking lol

LHX
04-13-2006, 01:49 PM
one that does not work in accord with the truth as they know not feel to be. it is bad because it has/makes the person live a life devoid of it's natural state so it must be contrived - made up, false.

peace

i agree

dif de la rev
04-13-2006, 01:50 PM
everybody seems to think there is somebody or something out to get them or somebody they are close to

this is just an observation

but
the question i ask is -

what is the most harm that can come to a person?

the affect and effects of being scared to live and scared to die. both have and will. by having no control, trying to control only harms the mind state in trying.

LHX
04-13-2006, 01:53 PM
by having no control, trying to control only harms the mind state in trying.

now that is fuckin deep

and some people will still tell you that hell does not exist on earth

Claustrofobic
04-13-2006, 01:54 PM
I think the worst harm is to put someone in a helpless position, let me make clear with an example

You're mother has been kidnapped and you get a call from the kidnapper. You can hear men beating and maybe even raping her, and you're on the other end of the phone in mental pain without knowing shite about the kidnappers, you're helpless.

Thats the worst I can imagine. It might be different for everyone, since people are "put toghether" through different expierences and education...

build on