PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

Claustrofobic
04-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Day in day out, all the fucking time, I get bullshit from my parents because of the music I listen to. It's like everytime we bring up the topic "music" when we be eating or talking, theyre they go again. "all we hear is fuck this fuck that, the music you listen to makes you violent and has a bad influence" this and that. The shit makes me SICK! It's not so much the wining they do about it, its more the complete fucking ignorance they show by saying the music is violent and ridicolous.....if only they would be able to put themselfs in the situation of some of these MC's that I bump, and try to understand why they express themselfs the way they do, and eventually realize its all because of the fucked up American system putting Afro Americans in these fucked up living conditions and force to them to live with violence everyday, maybe they wouldnt say ignorant shit like they do. But I really really can't bring up the effort to explain it to them, I find it really amazing they can't figure all this out theirselfs. Sorry just had to get that off my chest, anyone else feeling me on this?

WU-KILLAH
04-13-2006, 01:30 PM
You care so much your parents to understand the music you listen to ??? to each his own, if they think it ain't shit what's wrong with that ?

Claustrofobic
04-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Nah it's like their showing their ignorant to a lot of facts man

LHX
04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Day in day out, all the fucking time, I get bullshit from my parents because of the music I listen to. It's like everytime we bring up the topic "music" when we be eating or talking, theyre they go again. "all we hear is fuck this fuck that, the music you listen to makes you violent and has a bad influence" this and that. The shit makes me SICK! It's not so much the wining they do about it, its more the complete fucking ignorance they show by saying the music is violent and ridicolous.....if only they would be able to put themselfs in the situation of some of these MC's that I bump, and try to understand why they express themselfs the way they do, and eventually realize its all because of the fucked up American system putting Afro Americans in these fucked up living conditions and force to them to live with violence everyday, maybe they wouldnt say ignorant shit like they do. But I really really can't bring up the effort to explain it to them, I find it really amazing they can't figure all this out theirselfs. Sorry just had to get that off my chest, anyone else feeling me on this?

hahaaaa
fuck man

i remember that shit

i gave up fighting that battle years ago

spin some mf doom when your folks are around

some nice easy listening

you cant expect the suburban baby-boomer generation to be able to relate to the slums

they can make money off it
but
they cant feel it

Claustrofobic
04-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Jesus LHX you're like a pshychical form of my thoughts lol, thats exactly how I feel, they just cant relate

LHX
04-13-2006, 02:52 PM
it is hard for a lot of youth to reconcile what they get exposed to at school and in art with the lifestyle that their parents have tried to put forward

its why a lot of kids are going nuts in their early 20s these days

constant exposure to 2 completely different approaches to life can leave a brain feeling confused

very very confused

Claustrofobic
04-13-2006, 02:58 PM
wow thats intresting, so what you're saying is these young men lose control of their thought and forget where they come from, or at least they havin a dillema between the parent and the school educations

LHX
04-13-2006, 03:18 PM
wow thats intresting, so what you're saying is these young men lose control of their thought and forget where they come from, or at least they havin a dillema between the parent and the school educations

definitely

it takes its toll

kid becomes too familiar with the streets
he starts feeling stressed at home

kid lives too sheltered
he lives scared when he is outside of his home

nobody should have to live thru that kind of shit

Claustrofobic
04-13-2006, 03:21 PM
True, I think I belong to that first catogory then

I'll get through it dag'nabit!

Wu-tang Fan
04-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Don't even go there man. I don't even bother. Keep your music private. Something like Wu needs so much understanding, that you can't just "explain" it. So if you can't explain it they will just consider it pointless swearing and you will get more annoyed.