Black Thought
Common
Ghostface Killah
Lauryn Hill
Kool G rap
Scarface
Slick Rick
Snoop Dogg

overall I guess its not to bad for MTV......

here is the link
www.mtv.com/bands/h/hip_hop_week/2006/emcees/ (http://www.mtv.com/bands/h/hip_hop_week/2006/emcees/)

MsRzaRecTaH
04-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Rakim should of been number 1 in my opinion but oh well. its just my opinion..

Hayabusa
04-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Gay-Z being #1 is ludercrist garbage... Him and LL are two of the most overrated in the game period.

cap
04-13-2006, 08:52 PM
i was really surprised they put jay-z at no.1
i think thats the first time i ever saw jigga at the top of a mainstream list like this.
him being "retired" might have something to do with it.

baby jesus
04-13-2006, 09:20 PM
This List Isnt All To Bad For A Vh1 Or Mtv Type Thing Jay-z At #1 Is A Little Questionable But Ah I Think He's Top 5. Pretty Respectable List There's Alot Of People Who Would Agree With That List Beside The Order There In. I Dont Fully Agree With It But I Cant Go Nuts About How Ridiculous It Is Either.

PDTantisocial
04-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Jay at #1 is bullshit, the list is pretty good though. The honorable mentions are tight, fuckin' Black Thought, Kool G and shit. Need my dude Ras Kass, Pharoahe Monch, Masta Ace and shit.

poop one
04-13-2006, 10:23 PM
that list is pathetic. the honerable mentions are better than the list. who cares, though, its fkin mtv..

HipHophead101
04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
krs-one should be number 1,2,3,4 and 5 in my opinion :)

Edgar Erebus
04-14-2006, 03:01 AM
This list is bullshit, if Rakim,Nas and KRS ain't even top 3.

Jus Allah
04-14-2006, 03:04 AM
This list is bullshit, if Rakim,Nas and KRS ain't even top 3.

They would have been if they died during their prime...

GENERAL WISE
04-14-2006, 03:41 AM
Nas>Biggie>Tupac (Hes better than BIG in overall rap but not lyrics) jay z sould be like 8 or 9

Funk_Dock
04-14-2006, 06:11 AM
im actually suprised, I thought i was gonna see lil'kim or ludacris in top 10

ah well i reasonably good list besides for the top few, and no mention to the old school mcs

cap
04-14-2006, 08:40 AM
nas should haven been top 3
(he should be n.1 in my opinion,ha welll)

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-14-2006, 08:52 AM
I respect jay-z, tupac and biggie but they aint 1 2 and 3

Smif-N-Wessun
04-14-2006, 09:12 AM
jay-z at no.1? who the fuck is responsible for that ridiculous list?
...and big l not even mentioned...

WUHEADSINCE93
04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
fuck MTV and their list its trash peace

Godbrother
04-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Let it be known
Bronx keep creating it
Blastmaster******No 1

tical2000
04-14-2006, 02:37 PM
fuck MTV and their list its trash peace

I dont really see how the list is "trash" I think all the guys mentioned in the list are some of the greats of Hip-Hop.....RAkim, Big daddy Kane, KRs One, Biggie, Nas, etc.....not to mention they give some great MC's honorable mentions too.....so I dont realy see how the list is "trash".....you may not agree with the order of the list (I dont really) but I found the list pretty good and reasonable.....especially for MTV...like its not like they put NELLY and 50 CENT on there.....

TUCO
04-14-2006, 04:17 PM
whoa
jigga #1??? i love HOV' but damn! not like that now
list was lookin good with Kane, Ra, and KRS but slippin with Em and Nas

Luther Large
04-14-2006, 05:44 PM
yo here is the list that MTV just put out of there greatest MC's of All-time

1.Jay-Z
2.Tupac
3.Biggie
4.Rakim
5.Nas
6.Krs-One
7.Big Daddy Kane
8.Ice Cube
9.Eminem
10.LL Cool J

honorable mentions:

Andre 3000
Big Pun
Black Thought
Common
Ghostface Killah
Lauryn Hill
Kool G rap
Scarface
Slick Rick
Snoop Dogg

overall I guess its not to bad for MTV......

here is the link
www.mtv.com/bands/h/hip_hop_week/2006/emcees/ (http://www.mtv.com/bands/h/hip_hop_week/2006/emcees/)

this is probly the most ignorant and stupid top mc list ive ever seen

there is no way eminem or LL cool j should be in the top 10 LL shouldve been in a top 20 list and eminem has no real impact on hip hop as far as influence is concerned and jay-z is another top 20 rapper far from number fuckin 1 wat the hell..its impossible to make the correct list of top 20 mcs of all time cuz u simply just cant theres too many good rappers to put them in order from 1 to 10

what 1 of these gay ass stations should have is "Raps top 25 lyricists of all time" that would be a good show to watch

dimi
04-14-2006, 05:58 PM
what the bloodclot mAn

HipHophead101
04-14-2006, 06:12 PM

there is no way eminem or LL cool j should be in the top 10 LL shouldve been in a top 20 list and eminem has no real impact on hip hop as far as influence is concerned and jay-z is another top 20 rapper far from number fuckin 1 wat the hell..its impossible to make the correct list of top 20 mcs of all time cuz u simply just cant theres too many good rappers to put them in order from 1 to 10

what 1 of these gay ass stations should have is "Raps top 25 lyricists of all time" that would be a good show to watch

that was also ignorant eminem is one of the best EVER period.

Luther Large
04-14-2006, 06:16 PM
that was also ignorant eminem is one of the best EVER period.

no hes not i could name 10 rappers right now that deserve to be in the top 10 more than him...just call on it and i will

tical2000
04-14-2006, 07:02 PM

no it isn't......give me a break dude

the list has Rakim, Biggie, NAs, Big Daddy Kane, KRs-One,

plus some nice honorable mentions......

Razorsharp
04-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Rakim should of been number 1 in my opinion but oh well. its just my opinion..

indeed...Rakim is too too dope... peace out....

sakk
04-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Eminem and Ice Cube wouldnt be in my top 10. But Big L would be.

Razorsharp
04-14-2006, 07:17 PM
indeed^^

HipHophead101
04-14-2006, 07:28 PM
no hes not i could name 10 rappers right now that deserve to be in the top 10 more than him...just call on it and i will
do it

Luther Large
04-14-2006, 08:13 PM
do it

nas
jay-z
big daddy kane
ice-t
krs-1
ice-cube
big l
wu-tang clan(if i must choose 1 gza,ghost,or rae)
pac
biggie
A.Z
snoop
doctor dre

and most of these people on this list are not even my favs they are just people who deserve to be put b4 eminem

if eminem is in that fuckin list then gza definetly should be cuz his lyrics are better and more clever and his delivery is also good....and he doesnt sound like a little kid as does em.......

i seriously think eminem got really recognized cuz he's white...i know old white dudes in there 40's who are like "em's alright he's a smart guy" but then i ask'em about sum1 like jay-z or the wu theyre like "there lyrics are so depressing and all they rap about is guns drugs and hoes and killing people.....which eminem does

im not being racist but this is how i feel..shit people hopped on the vanilla ice hype cuz he was a white rapper...i know white kids who dont even like rap they say it sucks but they have em cd's....and it pisses me off if he's recognized 99% of the underground artists definetly should be recognized

The Lost Prophet
04-14-2006, 08:27 PM
its funny because they do this list thing like every year. jay-z has never passed up nas on any list since the battle, nas has almost always been ahead of him, now all of a sudden jay-z is ahead and number 1.......thats suspect

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-14-2006, 08:28 PM
dre was smooth back in the day but he didn't write his lyrics

so he don't deserve to be put past eminem

the list includes the factor of best "top dog" as well as best mc

Luther Large
04-14-2006, 08:53 PM
dre was smooth back in the day but he didn't write his lyrics

so he don't deserve to be put past eminem

the list includes the factor of best "top dog" as well as best mc

well i listed 13 not just 10 so if you take out dre he its still 12 and i could name more

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-14-2006, 09:08 PM
follow what public enemy said and don't believe the hype, if you don't like the list then don't take it as your own

Iron Man
04-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Chuck D ain't on the list...please that alone makes the list shit.
Another thing about Feminemthat dude sounds like a squirrel thats high on helium. Don't believe me listen to the entire Slim Shady era. After that he tryed going into deep lyrics, that brother got overshadowed yet he's white and thats very special for a white dude so he got supported and everybody got into the hype and now al those mtv and whatnot bitches call him a legend.

If Fem was black and had the same rapping voice, he wouldn't be the greatest of al time as so many say, no he would have been raped or shot.

Luther Large
04-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Another thing about Feminemthat dude sounds like a squirrel thats high on helium. Don't believe me listen to the entire Slim Shady era. After that he tryed going into deep lyrics, that brother got overshadowed yet he's white and thats very special for a white dude so he got supported and everybody got into the hype and now al those mtv and whatnot bitches call him a legend.

If Fem was black and had the same rapping voice, he wouldn't be the greatest of al time as so many say, no he would have been raped or shot.

that is exactly and i mean exactly what i think about eminem thank u for noticing that a big part of the reason sum idiots call him a legend is cuz he's white which makes it alrite for every1 to like him

thank u peace........

Luther Large
04-15-2006, 06:38 PM
I've got to support Eminem here because you guys are being way too harsh. Eminem is a legend the same reason a group like Run DMC is legendary - their sheer impact on the culture. Run DMC wasn't some super talented rap group with complex rhymes schemes and deep, personal lyrics - they made good music in a genre that hadn't been in such a prominent position before. Eminem may not be a top 10 artist of all-time, that's true, he may not even be top 25, who knows? But Eminem made such a huge impact on rap music in both a positive and negative way, so when people think of rap music, he's one of the first names to come to mind. When he first came out, he was rapping from the heart and he was pretty lyrical too. His shit was so obscene that every kid wanted to hear it and no parent wanted their kids to hear it, so he became an instant commodity. He made it ok for white kids to love rap music and he also became something of a martyr in rap music.

He may not deserve ALL the respect that he's getting, but he was one of the most influential hip-hop artists of the past 10 years if you really look at it closely, so you can't blame people from places like MTV for putting him up there, especially if they have a somewhat limited knowledge of hip-hop compared to some of you guys.

its always been okay for white kids to like rap.......i dont think im being harsh im just sayin eminem wouldnt be considered a legend if he was black what im trying to say is since he is white every 1 and there parents have respect for him....cuz hes white but u wont see any1's parents have respect for nwa will you

Funk_Dock
04-15-2006, 06:49 PM
eminem didnt have a special impact on rap, RUN DMC had a major impact cause they brought about a whole new stlye of rhymin....eminem was just the first white MC who hit it as big as he did...what did he do special that makes him have a social/industry impact? Believe me, im a big old em fan but seriously i dont think he changed the game in any way

and ye i think LL deserves to be in the top 10

tical2000
04-15-2006, 07:55 PM
eminem didnt have a special impact on rap, RUN DMC had a major impact cause they brought about a whole new stlye of rhymin....eminem was just the first white MC who hit it as big as he did...what did he do special that makes him have a social/industry impact? Believe me, im a big old em fan but seriously i dont think he changed the game in any way

and ye i think LL deserves to be in the top 10

Eminem has not had an impact on Rap??? AFTERMATH/SHADY records has basically contolled rap music since around 2000.....

.....Eminem came up with fresh style, and is a sick MC....you may not like his pop crossover shit......but there is no denying that EMINEM stands up to almost any MC lyrically.....the dude can spit

cutthroat
04-15-2006, 08:26 PM

Agreed.

I'll give MTV some props for not forgetting about Big Daddy Kane. Spots 1 and 2 should be Rakim or KRS-1. Tupac and Biggie are great, but I think they get too much attention; I swear some people think Hip Hop started in '96. If Jigga is #1, Big L should at least crack the top 5. I've heard Big L on a couple of tracks with Jay-Z, and the jiggaman wasn't even in the same league.

wu82
04-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Eminem has not had an impact on Rap??? AFTERMATH/SHADY records has basically contolled rap music since around 2000.....

.....Eminem came up with fresh style, and is a sick MC....you may not like his pop crossover shit......but there is no denying that EMINEM stands up to almost any MC lyrically.....the dude can spit
in terms of impact i dont buy it he got alot of play on t.v because he was goin at the backstreet boys... eminem has talent but i couldnt put him ahead of someone like kool g rap who had a bigger influnce on the rap game

wu82
04-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Agreed.

I'll give MTV some props for not forgetting about Big Daddy Kane. Spots 1 and 2 should be Rakim or KRS-1. Tupac and Biggie are great, but I think they get too much attention; I swear some people think Hip Hop started in '96. If Jigga is #1, Big L should at least crack the top 5. I've heard Big L on a couple of tracks with Jay-Z, and the jiggaman wasn't even in the same league.

i agree with what u said about 2pac and biggie u can make a argument for cube being as good as 2pac or nas being better than biggie they are all great rappers but because 2pac and biggie died they get more luv

Claustrofobic
04-17-2006, 10:12 AM

fucking BS right here, ruling the rap music since 2000 doesnt mean SHIT, hiphop died way back around '97/'98, like Ghost said....

Eminem wasnt fresh at all, how the fuck was his style fresh, the clown act and humerous rap thingie has been down a lot of times before (slick rick, outkast etc) and then he tried to write deep shit which was bollocks compared to other MC's (Nas, Mega, Wu, Mobb, Big to name a few)

Like that other dude said, if he was black he wouldnt pop out like this and be more in the background of rap