PDA

View Full Version : Lucid dreaming

Os3y3ris
04-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Can anyone else do this? What do you think of it? Its definitely a most interesting experience.

Visionz
04-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I started to get to that point after reading a book about it in high school. I was never actually lucid in my dreams, but they did become much more vivid, to the point where they were just about as real as reality. In one of these dreams, I ended up paralyzed from being drugged by a serial killer. She was this old woman, and while I was consciousness of what was going on in the dream, I couldn't move at all. I'm laying on a motel bed, and this bitch starts stickin her cold-ass hands and nails on the inside of my bottom lip and then licking the side of my face. I woke up at that point in a cold sweat, fuckin terrified. That was a breakin point for me. The shit was too real, too crazy. Like being stuck in a horror flick that I couldn't get out of. Was there any barriers you had to break through, similiar to this at least in feeling, before you became completely lucid?

smokebongoncliff
04-17-2006, 12:18 AM
umm wahts lucid dreaming
and how do you do it

Visionz
04-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Lucid dreaming is being in your dreamstate but having complete control over most things that happen in your dream. At least where you're going and what you're doing. There's probably quite a few methods, but the book I was using suggested that you keep a dream journal by your bed and just recall and write everything that you can about your dreams as soon as you wake up. I never acheived a truly lucid state by doing this, but it did make my dreams much more vivid and detailed. I stopped the practice for the reason mentioned in the previous post, but different people probably have different results.

Blazing Fire
04-17-2006, 12:32 AM
yes it is when you are dreaming and you realize you are dreaming

i went flying

so intense

Visionz
04-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Did you have to cross any barriers to get to that point? Was your method of reaching that state different than what I mentioned earlier?

Blazing Fire
04-17-2006, 01:07 AM
i was in a very lucid content state before i went to sleep...

the method i used was trying to look at my hands while i was dreaming

that is when i gained full control

i've only done it once, about 2 years ago at about this time of year...

haven't tried doing it again... it was powerful enough to let me know i ain't gotta play g 0 d ... i can just fall asleep and have a nice dream and i ain't gotta make the whole thing myself all i gotta do is enjoy it word

Os3y3ris
04-17-2006, 01:08 AM
What works for me is several things. First of all, I think about it before sleep and while falling asleep. Second, I consider dreams I've had and the level of consciousness I've achieved. Third, I get extra sleep that I don't need simply for that purpose.

Visionz
04-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Ever come across any scary shit in the process?

TeknicelStylez
04-17-2006, 01:35 AM
I was just lucid dreaming, and I was doing it yesterday too, I remember most of my dreams pretty well. I'll post a couple....

Like just 30 minutes ago, I was having your typical zombie dream, you know... So I'm struggling with this old zombie, mofucka trying to bite the back of my calf, so I'm just trying hard to keep his mouth away from my leg, now I get irritated because this motherfuckers persistant, so I had like this big ass wooden stick, like a broom stick or something. I beat the fuckin living crap out of this thing, I just said WHACK WHACK WHACK over the head like 8 times than just tossed his ass in a closet, shit was vicious, I was like damn I'm fuckin rippin this thing.... than I woke up... bitch ass zombies.

Yesterday I had a dream I was in my old projects, I walked up to this spot we call the white patio, a white concrete flat in the center of the buildings where we used to politick, and theres a group of 10-12 kids chilling. I walked up dapped their hands and shit because I felt like I knew them, than all of a sudden one of the kids hits me! They like 15 and shit, but fuck it they was almost the same size of me, so this one kid's just ruthless... punchin me in my face, so I go "YEA THATS RIGHT BITCH PUNCH ME IN THE FACE", he punched me in the face about 13 times *I felt that shit too, I usually feel shit when I'm dreaming* and the last one just hurt he caught me in like the lip, so I cocked back and just caught him with a one banger and he just hit the floor like a ton of bricks, than his friend came up swang at me, I dipped it and knocked him out, than eventually it was too much and I just got jumped by like 10 kids...

EAGLE EYE
04-17-2006, 02:18 AM
man i hate those zombie dreams, ever since i saw the "Thriller" video when I was a kid it fucked me up psychologically. A lotta of my dreams are violent. Either Im defending my self or trying to injure someone with all kinds of weapons or objects. Sometimes Im falling off rooftops or cliffs, or being flung outta vehicles at high speeds. It sucks waking up when you make impact.

Os3y3ris
04-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Ever come across any scary shit in the process?

Sorta. Tonight I decided that my mode of transport was gonna be sprinting down the street, hurtling cars. Now, I was having trouble doing shit, so I'm not sure it would've worked, which was part of the problem. For example, when my laces came undone, I actually had to bend down and tie them. So I was already having doubts when I stopped to consider what I was doing. It ocurred to me that there was a remote possiblity that I was awake and that I should check really quick. The world was just too real to be a dream. I decided to scream to see if people reacted. Unfortunately, that act was just too much and forced me awake. It wasn't too bad though. I won't make the mistake of doubt next time.

Whats strange about that dream is that I don't quite remember how I got there. I bounced around various family homes for a while, completely unaware. Either I took a nap there and started to form a lucid dream from my sleep, or the one I had in mind before took a while to become manifest.

Visionz
04-17-2006, 02:54 AM
seems like that would be crazy. Reminds me of a time once when I was at a rave candy-flippin (XTC & acid, if ya didn't already know) and I kept thinkin how amazing the concept of all these people comin together to just dance was, and how it was like a little slice of heaven on earth, but at the same time I was thinkin of how there was kids starvin in Africa at that very same moment. The duality of those two thoughts rollin around at the same time made me feel like my head was gonna explode.

Os3y3ris
04-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Man, you gotta fuck with it again. It really is great. Its like realizing you're in the matrix all of a sudden. Don't let one incident scare you off. Could be unrelated. There's a seperate phenomena thats similar to what you described. Not fun at all, especially when you WAKE UP paralyzed and hallucinating. Thats just horrendous.

TeknicelStylez
04-17-2006, 07:11 AM
especially when you WAKE UP paralyzed and hallucinating. Thats just horrendous.

omfg I hate that, scares the bricks off me every fuckin time

You guys ever have a dream where you feel the life force getting sucked out of you?

ratty mayonnaise
04-17-2006, 11:05 AM
i stopped dreaming when this topic was mad in the old KTL..

i havent dreamt for 3+ years..

unless life is a dream

hectis
04-17-2006, 11:08 AM
IF IM REAL TIRED AND SMOKE A LOT OF WEED BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP I HAVE THESE TYPE OF DREAMS BUT SOMETIMES I HAVE THEM IF IM NOT TIRED SOMETIMES I LIKE THEM SOMETIMES I DON'T

ratty mayonnaise
04-17-2006, 11:51 AM
i smoke crazy amounts of skunk daily.. some nights i dont sleep.
i can go 2 days easy with out sleep

but i still dont fucking dream!!!

ujesus
04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
soul maybe you should try to not smoke before you sleep if you want dreams. I know when im trying to sleep after a blunt ill never dream, but when i stop shits all vivid by the second day.

ratty mayonnaise
04-17-2006, 12:18 PM
peace,
ive tried not smokin b4 i sleep
ive tried smoking b4 i sleep
if i dont smoke b4 i sleep i just take time to get to sleep
if i do smoke b4 i sleep. i get to sleep faster (not always sometimes i take time :( )

i just wanna be able to sleep again,

hell i dont even knwo if ive woken up and still aint in a dream!!

TeknicelStylez
04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Correction, you have a dream every night, so it's not that you don't dream, it's that you can't remember the dream when you wake up

ratty mayonnaise
04-18-2006, 01:39 AM
i dont think thats correct
as inthe past i used to have dreams and remember them.
and i remember alsmost everything
from little details to what a randomn person wore to
various news things i hear

snapple
04-18-2006, 02:58 AM
drink a bottle of robo

ratty mayonnaise
04-18-2006, 09:12 AM
what? lol

the only dreams i do remember.. are kinky ass fucking ones..
and i only have them about a gurlie.. who i aint been with,,
its happened say 4 times in the last 6 years or so..
but whenever i do have one of them wet dreams, i know im a get with that gurlie.. even if in the dream i dont know who the gurl is.. i meet a girl like her in real life..

shits bugged out.. why the fuck dont i have normal dreams!!!

ratty mayonnaise
04-18-2006, 09:13 AM
or nightmates!

Os3y3ris
04-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Those sound like normal dreams to me. Not particularly interesting ones, but not abnormal.

smokebongoncliff
04-18-2006, 02:10 PM
dude im gonna do this lucid dreaming shit and just walk around and find the hottest bitches and fuck them all night long.

Aqueous Moon
04-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Have ya'll had the naked dream?

I freakin' hate that dream.

It's like I'm walking along and then I look down and I don't have any clothes on.

But, eveybody is just like looking at me like they used to me mobbin' wit no clothes on - I hate that dream.

Next time I dream that bullshit, imma make myself put some goddam clothes on.

hectis
04-18-2006, 02:35 PM
^lol

Strange Fruit
04-18-2006, 03:34 PM
more than once, i fell off a cliff,,, and woke up witha jump,,,
it felt like my soul was re-entering my body.

then, two weeks ago, i didn't jump. i just stood there.
i don't know if i was controlling my dream, but i just turned and walked away.

galt john galt
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM
is this anything like semi conscious still dreaming. where you can hear the world outside your dream while still engaging in the dream. if so had them all the time when younger. now not so many.

ratty mayonnaise
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
i wish i had dreams :(

Mumm Ra
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Ive had this book How to Lucid Dream in 30 Days for almost a year now but I've never finished it, or really tried to put it to use. When I told my best friend about em he soon was able to lucid dream at will though. Maybe I should pick that book back up...

TeknicelStylez
04-18-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm telling you soul

EVERYBODY HAS DREAMS, it has nothing to do with how great your memory is, some people just don't have the ability to remember, or know, what they dreamed about the night before... it's not possible to not have dreams

ratty mayonnaise
04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
how could i improove, trying to remember what i dreamed about?
why can i do remember those dreams i mentioned and why at only them times..? its bugged the fuck outa me for time..
any suggestions would be greatlyt appreciated

peace Tek

Strange Fruit
04-18-2006, 06:13 PM
sweetheart, i don't think it's a technique.

just will yourself to do so.

maybe you should stop waking up late.

;)

ElusiveFugitive
04-18-2006, 06:58 PM
I have read some of Carlos Castanedas books so I knew of the concept of dream-states and lucid dreaming. Most of the time I cant even remember my dreams so when I had a really vivid one last year it stuck out in my memory...

It happened when I'd finished work for the day and was sitting on the train listening to mp3's on my headphones. I was early for the train and I drifted to sleep in my seat before it left the station without realising it...

I saw a vision of a warrior walking alone through a hot semi-desert landscape, few trees, no animals and an imposing rockface in the foreground. The ground was arid. The warrior walked around infront of the rockface. At first I assumed he was Native American but on second glance he could have been Samurai. It was hard to tell because his clothing was covered in dust and he looked fatigued, as though he had travelled a long way with no food or water. As though he was on a quest...

Then suddenly as though I had startled him, he looked straight up at me with his weapon drawn.
I looked at him, then I saw him look at me through his eyes, then in-turn I watched him, look at me through my own eyes, back and forth until finally I realised we had merged into one entity, or that we always were...
As this was happening there was a metallic sound like blades scraping that grew louder as our perspective changed between us

I woke up straight after this, as the train was moving out of the station. I've tried to actively seek him again in dream state but with no luck so far.

I couldnt see myself in the dream and until that dreamstate occured, hadnt realised that I'd even fallen asleep.

PEACE

TeknicelStylez
04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Try these techniques soul. Before you go to sleep, try to make sure you really tired, keep your eyes open and fixated on one spot and let yourself drift off into sleep. Let your eyes weigh down but don't let them clothes, until eventually you drift off into sleep while you're still aware. That usually helps, you aint gonna get it on your first try, you gotta do it for like a month.

Os3y3ris
04-19-2006, 05:09 PM
is this anything like semi conscious still dreaming. where you can hear the world outside your dream while still engaging in the dream. if so had them all the time when younger. now not so many.

No. Its entirely different. The basic idea is that at some point in your dream your realize you're dreaming. Not just realize it and continue to go along with the ride as you usually do. You realize it and gain 100% consciousness in that world.

Blazing Fire
04-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Roze u must have been in ecstacy when u felt your soul

awesome

ratty mayonnaise
05-09-2006, 12:33 PM
peace,, i was talkin on this in the never ending thread,

ill just copy n paste what i wrote in their

any idea;s insights suggestions ARE MOST WELCOME and VERY M<UCH APPRECIATED

peace

no man. i hadnt gone to sleep.. id been up like 26 hours.. i was having fun with my lady friend, then like 4 am i was about togoto sleep, ,she rolled over.. a(since i did ur technique! i see spiders at nite when i shut my eyes. as in the spiders are in my eye lids) anyway.. she turned away and
i was just feeling my cock..lol remaniscing and i looked up at the ceiling and saw a tarantula type apider.. that kept moving and darting i was like
yeah whatever.. then i looked at the bed trying to get to sleep.. and on the sheets i saw spiders with long legs rtunning.. so i moved my hand tryin to get them off.. with nothin happening,,
i turned onto mah back again and saw the same spider on the light.,. so i dived off the bed grabbed a torch, shined it at the spot
and nada..
so iturned to the curtian.. and i saw this next fucking spider.. hige as fucker walking crawling like a reptillian spider thang..
it freaked the fuck outa me and sara woke up and was like whats wrong im like.. i can see spiders. she just laughed at me.. she went back tosleep
and i just lay their still seeing the fuckers for over an hour.,
i could see them, and i could see through them..
ive never experianced anything like this, whn sara woke me up in the mornin to goto werk she was like u was buggin last nite.. and she told me what happened i know it wasnt a dream.

the only thing diffrent i did yesterday than other days was
i couldnt get no hyrdo so i had to do with hashish
it wasnt even that strong.. plus id been smokin it most the day and fuck all happened..

any ideas?
anything at all :)
much appreciattion

i have no idea legato.
im not scared of spiders or creepy crawlys
or anything like thaty
i jus twanna know and understand what i saw..
fucking doing my head in

the thing i saw on my curtians seemed like residual energy.. the way it moved.. was mad weird.. i could see the thing on the curtian straight through it.. as it moved up onto the wall ., but the spiders on the bed and the tarantula i saw on the ceiling was solid..
i saw other creatures that i could see through on mah wardrobe

but what could the spiders be connected too?

the only kinda problem i have is cash wise.. i spend more than i make
ive done that for years. but i always cope well.
unless the spiders are some sub conscious way of saying cash needs tgo be sorted out lol or sum ish
cheers for ur insights Mr L

TeknicelStylez
05-09-2006, 07:10 PM
hmmm I made mad progress with lucid dreaming, now I can actually be asleep while I'm awake, I've opened my eyes and I'm like ok let me test it, than I would try to move and it would take about 5-10 seconds for me to wake myself up before I can wake up. Also when I was dreaming, I stopped a scenario and just started walking down the block lol, shit was funny, but than I kind of drifted off and forgot I was dreaming... hard to explain

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
wasnt there another thread like this once?

Professor Poopsnagle
05-11-2006, 09:09 AM
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/01/stevepavlinacom-podcast-010-lucid-dreaming/

ratty mayonnaise
05-14-2006, 08:01 AM
i know what i experianced now

i had an outer body experiance,.

the body i was in while i was having the experiance had diffrent frequncies
for my sight hearing touch etc,
it was on other frequency ranges that i picked the spiders up.,, and the energy beams i saw.. or what i htought was like energy beams..
i think i awakeoned another chakra..but!!
its not felt the same after, as it has done on previous times

ill add on more later
peace

Strange Fruit
05-14-2006, 08:24 AM
i'm dreaming of a physical fight between me and a close friend of mine. {unidentified}

she hits me on the head with something, i cry, and wake up.

i wake up to find:

my head is painful, and it has a bruise,
my eyes are swollen from crying.
and i'm feeling Vertigo.

uhhh,,,,
help?

Os3y3ris
05-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Perhaps you jumped and hit your head?

ratty mayonnaise
05-14-2006, 10:19 AM
yeah. i go with
u hurting ur head in real life,, maybe banging ur head on the
foor frame
then that cummin into ur dream as, as your friend hit u on the head
hence the bruise.,,and the pain made u cry in real life,, so hence u was crieing in ur dream....

the dream probably tried to cover up what happened while u was sleepIng.. some1 who u hjave mixed thoughts over was probably the person who hit u on ur head,,

peace

LHX
05-14-2006, 10:46 AM
anybody ever tried lucid living?

Professor Poopsnagle
05-14-2006, 11:32 AM
anybody ever tried lucid living?

is that a joke?

LHX
05-14-2006, 11:55 AM
is that a joke?

im not sure

ratty mayonnaise
05-14-2006, 12:13 PM
lol lucid living

sometimes.. no
most the time,
it seems like the day is a dream

more like my lifes a dream, as physical things happen with
so much precisation (coincidence)
that damn.

this shit isnt real!!!!

it cant be real,, unless positive thoughts, (having ur sub conscious believe they are in the now) actually create those real life situations..

ill add on more later

also gives examples if anyone wants
peace

INF
05-14-2006, 12:30 PM
I am a lucid dream.

One.

LHX
05-14-2006, 12:34 PM
deja vu

the silencer
09-27-2006, 10:27 PM
speaking of deja vu...

i just wanted to bring this thread back...one of my favorites...

ive yet to be able to experiece a lucid dream tho

J-Cee
09-28-2006, 05:43 AM
dont think ive had a lucid dream..though onetime i woke up and was paralysed...i could hear things around me,but couldnt move or open my mouth to speak..i was shouting in my head..then i finally snapped out of it and i freaked the fuck out.

And teknique..u saying u dont have dreams?whats your sleeping pattern like,and do u follow a routine usually before u go to bed?

ratty mayonnaise
11-07-2006, 05:53 PM
re-up

we need to continue on this.

PEACE

Prince Rai
11-08-2006, 06:06 AM
lucid living.. "real" living...
how would we differentiate?
would we ever know?