PDA

View Full Version : How Does an album get leaked?

Hollow Dartz
04-17-2006, 01:05 PM
??????????????????????????????????

graffitiwhat
04-17-2006, 01:24 PM
i dont know if im correct but, i think someone who gets a hold of either an un mastered version of an album or an actual copy of an album, could be a friend of the band,group,mc or whatever or it could be the engineer or the producer, who accidentally leak it on the internet(making it available to the internet world)or it could be done on purpose, but i think that is one of method of how an album can be leaked. for instance the person will rip it on to thier computer and then may not have a firewall set up or may have thier get file set up on aim,and someone will check it grab and then distribute it to thier friends and then its passed on and on, nah mean?

i have the new Underoath album "Define The Great Line" its not mastered but thier album doesnt come out untill the summer, and its only april and i have it.

Hayabusa
04-17-2006, 02:41 PM
I consider a Leak to be a retail version not a advance... Most leaks are leaked on purpose...

crass
04-17-2006, 02:46 PM
yeah all it takes is someone to get a CD and put it on the internet.

venex
04-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I consider a Leak to be a retail version not a advance... Most leaks are leaked on purpose...

why do they leak it on purpose if they will have less profit with it ?

peace!

Edgar Erebus
04-17-2006, 03:33 PM
They won't.... 50 Cent was the most downloaded rapper of the last year, and he holds 1st place by sold CD's

Dough Snatcher
04-17-2006, 03:50 PM
I think its all because of disloyal people in your crew. Watch your enemies close and your friends closer...

The Antagonist
04-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Well it all happens on the internet. I think the number one way is through torrent files because those get everywhere, but for all that to start someone has to get a copy and make a torrent file or just put it on any kind of file-sharing program. I think some are intentional, but somehow a lot of them get stolen. No idea how that shit gets stolen so easily though.

whitey
04-17-2006, 04:28 PM
They won't.... 50 Cent was the most downloaded rapper of the last year, and he holds 1st place by sold CD's

well thats just because theres a lot of faggots in this world nothing more than that.

Hollow Dartz
04-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Oh I was just wondering like....Wtf?? How it get leaked....Lets pray that The Purple Tape Part II don't get leaked.

PANDA PISS
04-17-2006, 05:00 PM
so wats been leaked of OB4CL2?

Hayabusa
04-17-2006, 05:16 PM
yeah right, ever album that is worth anything gets leaked lol...

EAGLE EYE
04-17-2006, 05:22 PM
little pirate leprachauns infiltrate the studios where artists are recording and snatch the album's before they can even go gold.

TUCO
04-17-2006, 11:12 PM
^^^ yea i heard that rumour
fuckin midgets yo

P-Noid Brown
04-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Actually there's a couple of ways for an album to get leaked...

The computer in the studio may be hooked up to a file sharing program and they store the tracks on there.

2. Once you hand in your album for completion for packaging and the whole shabang, the record exec copies the album gets an under the table price and boom... it just so happens.

3. Some one who knows the studio connects an outline recorder through the patch bay without you noticing and as the engineer plays the album in full they are recording the shit.

4. Handing out unmixed versions of the album to your boys and they copy for a friend and a friend copies it for a friend and so on and so on ...

basically the artists have to be weary.

energizer
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
the artist finds some fyne ass hoe to suck his dick in exchange for finished album and she leaks it haha