PDA

View Full Version : Calling all underground hip-hop purist...

Deity Allah
04-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Ok, here's the situation (In my Fresh Prince Voice). I'm looking for a particular song and it's going to be like finding a needle in the haystack, but if anybody can help, I know you guys are up for the task.

There is a song by a dude who sounds exactly like Young Zee from the Outsiderz, but apparentely it's not him. I'm almost postive the dude name is "Alex Starr" but i've googled him as well looked on Limewire and nothing really comes up. The song actually samples a part of Liquid Swords in the hook (the part where Gza says: I drop Megaton bombs more faster than you blink ")

The beat was on some laid back sh*t. The reason why I think his name is Alex Star is because I vaguely remember a part where he goes "Never call me son cause my name is Alex Star and I smack Mc's with a Lincoln Town Car" some s*t like that. If anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if it helps, I heard it on Georgia State University College radio station so if he was a local artist and somebody from the Atlanta area can help me, cool.

Finally, one more song that i've been looking for for years is a song by Raekwon like came out before Immobility dropped. I only heard it once (on the same radio station) and the beat was actually very similiar to the song "Firm Family" by The Firm but the Raekwon track was mostly all piano.

I've asked this question a couple times over the past couple of years and till this day nobody has any idea what i'm talking about. I don't have any more infomation on the Raekwon track since that's all that I remember. Again, thank for your help fellas.^O^

Deity Allah
04-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Bump, c'mon fellas, help a brova out!

DREW-DIE$EL
04-18-2006, 08:29 AM
i wish i could help.. but i got no idea mang

verbal vipa
04-18-2006, 08:51 AM
I Found This Video But I Can't Check Out What It Is Because My College(where I Am) Doesn't Have The Software.
It's Titled "Alex Star-Titantron"
Hope It Helps Sorry If It Don't.
http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e52115jazM3GHz&feature=1&numResults=15&likeVideo=e544314bGrx78P

Also Check Out My Wunited Kingdom Thread On the Hip Hop Spot

THE W
04-18-2006, 09:18 AM
the raekwon track might be "street mic mechanics"

DREW-DIE$EL
04-18-2006, 09:19 AM
I Found This Video But I Can't Check Out What It Is Because My College(where I Am) Doesn't Have The Software.
It's Titled "Alex Star-Titantron"
Hope It Helps Sorry If It Don't.
http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e52115jazM3GHz&feature=1&numResults=15&likeVideo=e544314bGrx78P

Also Check Out My Wunited Kingdom Thread On the Hip Hop Spot

lol that video is of some little white guy piledriving everyone like he's in WWE or summthing

P-Noid Brown
04-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Sorry All You Guys Are Wrong The Song Homie Is Talking About Where Dude Says, My Name Aint Alex Starr Because I Smash Emcees With A Lincoln Town Car Is Actually....

Cage

The Name Of The Song Is Called "and So Kiddies"

Deity Sorry To Say But Cage Sounds Nothing Like Young Zee On That Track Homie!! But Anyway Enjoy If You Can Give Me More Info About The Rae Track I Can Possibly Help Out... My Mind Works Like An Almanac You Don't Have To Believe It But I Didn't Even Have To Look That Song Up. I'm Just On Point Like That...if You Pay Attention To The Cage Track He Is Dissing Eminem And Royce Da 5'9

snapple
04-18-2006, 10:27 AM
^^ yo help me out then guru

lookin for a track....it's a laid back beat with a guitar sample

"i gotta hustle sometimes to get by(true dat) even when my lifes on the line(thats right)....what im gonna do if i aint got no chips....what im gonna do if i aint got no bricks....i gotta hustle sometimes to get by"

thats the hook...you know it? banger but i have no idea what it is

Deity Allah
04-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Sorry All You Guys Are Wrong The Song Homie Is Talking About Where Dude Says, My Name Aint Alex Starr Because I Smash Emcees With A Lincoln Town Car Is Actually....

Cage

The Name Of The Song Is Called "and So Kiddies"

Deity Sorry To Say But Cage Sounds Nothing Like Young Zee On That Track Homie!! But Anyway Enjoy If You Can Give Me More Info About The Rae Track I Can Possibly Help Out... My Mind Works Like An Almanac You Don't Have To Believe It But I Didn't Even Have To Look That Song Up. I'm Just On Point Like That...if You Pay Attention To The Cage Track He Is Dissing Eminem And Royce Da 5'9

Do you have the track, if you do can your up it? I'm at work so I won't be able to download it untill I get home. I've been looking for that song for years, I hope your right. Good lookin' out playboy!

Also, i'll check out Street Mic Mechanics and hopefully it's that! Thanx for all ya help fellas! :clap:

P-Noid Brown
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
No doubt... Deity i don't mean to sound sooooo nonchalant...but I am right... lol that's cage on that track. I have the track but nowhere to up it from ... i think you can find the track on cage's website....
www.cagekennylz.com (http://www.cagekennylz.com)

it's called "And So Kiddies"

one love
p.e.a.c.e.
p-noid

p.s. a rep point won't hurt neither..

Snapple i'm sorry but that hook doesn't sound familiar but if you can help me out with a little more i have no problem trying to help you out... because i know when i need a track that i can't find i go crazy...

Deity Allah
04-18-2006, 05:53 PM
No doubt... Deity i don't mean to sound sooooo nonchalant...but I am right... lol that's cage on that track. I have the track but nowhere to up it from ... i think you can find the track on cage's website....
www.cagekennylz.com (http://www.cagekennylz.com)

it's called "And So Kiddies"

one love
p.e.a.c.e.
p-noid

p.s. a rep point won't hurt neither..

Snapple i'm sorry but that hook doesn't sound familiar but if you can help me out with a little more i have no problem trying to help you out... because i know when i need a track that i can't find i go crazy...

:clap: lol, Good look my nigga! I've been looking for this song since like 02'. I've seen some of your posts in other thread in the past and you seem to be one of the more knowledgable heads up here! Hopefully, I can return the favor one day (Dipset, No Homo)!

Deity Allah
04-18-2006, 08:32 PM
By the way, the track wasn't Street Mic Mechanic. The beat was a lot slower on some jazzy type sh*t!