PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

galt john galt
04-18-2006, 12:37 AM
individualism or tribalism?

is it art or desecration?
creative expression or destructive impulse

i know tattoos have been around in most cultures in one form or another having some societal significance.

i have seven three on each arm and one on my chest. i created five of them. two i took images then added to them.

my brother (who has 12 or 13) and i have had the discussion about designing your own or picking the tat from the wall or book in the shop. is there a cultural significance in these days and times?

what do thet mean/represent to you?

those who have, if possible do post your tats and meaning behind.
i will as they become readily available for posting.

Visionz
04-18-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't have any yet. My brother is a tattoo artist, recently removed from his apprenticship. I'm just waiting for him to get a couple of years experience underneath his belt and then I'm probably gonna get quite a few. (And why not, they'll be free) But I don't believe in getting work off the wall of the shop for the most part. A tattoo should be a reflection of you or your experiences in some way. It's gonna be there for the rest of your life, I'm hoping people would want it to mean something.

sweet sista
04-18-2006, 02:29 AM
i used to think of having one when i wuz much younger. but now no, i don't like putting things under my skin. it ain't only hurts like hell. but it may has some side effects.

snapple
04-18-2006, 02:57 AM
it's your body, do what you want with it....someday id like to have a tatoo, i have some ideas ive just never had the motivation to go out and get one ya dig

sweet sista
04-18-2006, 03:00 AM
it's your body, do what you want with it

that's exactly why you shouldn't miss with it!

WU-KILLAH
04-18-2006, 03:07 AM
I answered "against", but I mean that only for myself. I like sometimes tattoes, but on other people.

DREW-DIE$EL
04-18-2006, 05:21 AM
ill get one eventually,

snapple
04-18-2006, 05:29 AM
that's exactly why you shouldn't miss with it!

huh?

sweet sista
04-18-2006, 05:48 AM
you shouldn't miss wit your body cuz you're the only one who is going to get hurt. you don't know how many people used the same injection.

What's the use?
04-18-2006, 06:04 AM
Are not for women.

damaja
04-18-2006, 06:27 AM
I think they are pretty cool, I like them. But a shitty tattoo is a shitty tattoo, so some look bad. I don't have any, but it's something I may do one day.

sweet sista
04-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Are not for women.

you really should go out some more.

What's the use?
04-18-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally. Now a days everything is mixed up.

MoT
04-18-2006, 06:58 AM
4 tatoos... i dont have one but i know what ill get ... as a memory

Aqueous Moon
04-18-2006, 11:00 AM
I definitely want two of them...oneday.

galt john galt
04-18-2006, 01:34 PM
you shouldn't miss wit your body cuz you're the only one who is going to get hurt. you don't know how many people used the same injection.

they use different needles for each person. they remove any hair that can affect the tat and they clean the aerea before. after they tell you how to treat for drying of skin as it sheds. as for getting hurt, it feels like your feet are sleep and you are walking around. a slight hotness when the needle goes in the skin to ink. of all mine no scarring. no hurt and no pain. if i got all the tats i want i'd have up to 15.

anyways i keep missing the tat expo out here , that sucks awful.

Aqueous Moon
04-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Galt, is there a significance in where you place your tats??

I was wondering cause I know exactly what spots on my body I wanna place my tats...but, I was wondering if there is a science to it, ya know what I mean?

stak84
04-18-2006, 01:43 PM

wow you really dont know anyting about tatttos, you say
injection like you using drugs, and cleanliness is a factor
if your getting a prison tat with a fuckin rusty nail you
might worry but if you go to a good shop they use different
needles for every client, and there is nothin wrong with
decorating your body with art if that is what you choose to do

galt john galt
04-18-2006, 01:48 PM
you have to decide the dimensions of the tat size shape etc. then you have to know if you're going to get more than one. that will have you see your body as a blank sheet from which to say this here or that there and such, you will plan them per se. you want some symmetry if you can, similar concept on opposite body parts - right arm/left arm and such. you should pay attention to aesthetics of the tat what does it say/mean? want others to see? what color you know where i'm going. i think.

i know i want four or five on my back or one big one with those connected, but i have all my future tats planned as to what and where.

sweet sista
04-19-2006, 02:37 AM
they use different needles for each person. they remove any hair that can affect the tat and they clean the aerea before. after they tell you how to treat for drying of skin as it sheds. as for getting hurt, it feels like your feet are sleep and you are walking around. a slight hotness when the needle goes in the skin to ink. of all mine no scarring. no hurt and no pain. if i got all the tats i want i'd have up to 15.

anyways i keep missing the tat expo out here , that sucks awful.

you seem to know alot about it. Are you a tat designer? if u r, then maybe if i ever changed my mind i would drop by you. hehehe

sweet sista
04-19-2006, 02:43 AM
wow you really dont know anyting about tatttos, you say
injection like you using drugs, and cleanliness is a factor
if your getting a prison tat with a fuckin rusty nail you
might worry but if you go to a good shop they use different
needles for every client, and there is nothin wrong with
decorating your body with art if that is what you choose to do

blah blah blah
so instead saying "needle" i said "injection" BIG f ***in' DEAL!!

that "NEEDLE" hurts if it was used by someone else before me. that was my point so don't try now to play like you're mr. articulated.

Visionz
04-19-2006, 02:59 AM
^ the shop my brother works at is incredibly sterile. If it's a good shop, there's zero chance of infection. Ask if you're concerned, they'll show you what they do and put your mind at ease. That is if you're considering getting one. Are you close to Austin by any chance? My brother is only getting better. Before long, skin and paper will be the same thing for him and when that happens, I'm getting tatt'ed the fuck up. Here's a picture he gave me as a present, just in case you're interested. peace

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11844&highlight

TeknicelStylez
04-19-2006, 04:01 AM
Hmmmm, I really don't know, I've been debating getting a tattoo for several years now, which is good I think because it's a decision that requires alot of patience. So far I've been dwelling on the same tattoo concept, and I think this would be a definite if I was to get one.

Basically, a globe (The Earth) spanning my back with a large gold dollar bill sign on top of it, and C.R.E.A.M written across my shoulders.

If I was to get a tattoo that would definately be the one I get.

Visionz
04-19-2006, 04:07 AM
what if it was a tree and said G.R.E.W. instead?

TeknicelStylez
04-19-2006, 04:10 AM
LOL, I like that, but when I'm governed by the laws of G.R.E.W. I will tattoo that as a replacement, in the mean time I will get a tattoo explaining my enslavement.

Visionz
04-19-2006, 04:12 AM
God Rules Everything Within, let them have the world, we can win it back one soul at a time. (I came up with that shit after reading your post, I thought it was cool enough to share) :chef: knowledge is tasty

TeknicelStylez
04-19-2006, 04:13 AM
You can't convince me, I was made to get the C.R.E.A.M tattoo... its the motherfuckin truth. It explains why I grew up the way I did, so thats what I'm getting.

Visionz
04-19-2006, 04:15 AM
It's cool homie, you gotta do you. My brother is gonna be a bad ass in the very short future, if you lookin to get outta Jersey for a minute.

TeknicelStylez
04-19-2006, 04:28 AM
No doubt mang, I'm actually an artist too, used to be serious about it, kind of dropped the trade because I just wasn't interested in drawing ass a proffession I started seeing it as tedious after a while. Every once in a while I pick it up, I kind of want to get an airbrush so I can design clothes since I always have people going on about how much they love some of the self designed gear I did.

Visionz
04-19-2006, 04:34 AM
shit, there you go homie. My brother is making a killin at the tattoo shop. He clean up like 5-600 hundred on a Saturday alone. And he ain't even seen summertime yet. Never underestimate the ability of your talents. We're all given them for something.

TeknicelStylez
04-19-2006, 04:49 AM
No doubt, but question, instead of working at a tattoo parlor and giving up his profits to somebody else... why not invest in a tattoo machine and work for yourself?

Visionz
04-19-2006, 04:57 AM
it's for real a straight deal though, cuz it's a 50-50 split. My brother wouldn't have all these customers if he was at a different spot (he's on 6th street, which is the heart of Austin's partyin district) and the owner wouldn't be makin any money if no one was doin the work. But I wouldn't want to be payin rent for that business. That shit has gotta be atleast 10-20 g's a month ya know. But I think he does own everything you need to do one at the crib. He's been buyin the pieces bit by bit. If he don't have the whole get up, then he's definetly close.

dollabill
04-21-2006, 02:02 PM
I Have a tat on my shoulder.

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 02:09 PM
busta rhymes stupid ass wit all them tatoos
playin hisself

THE BANNED
04-24-2006, 09:01 AM
^what a MUTHAT FUCKA he was

Rebel_INS
04-24-2006, 10:12 AM
I got no opinion on them really. For myself, I wouldnt ever get one, but some tats look tight on other peepz

HANZO
04-24-2006, 04:53 PM
im all for tatoo's dont mind them but dont plan on havin any in the close future the main reason being this sik but true story i heard. I have a cousin who is a commando in the turkish army, he told me one day a kid from germany came to turkey to do his national service, this turkish kid had a tatoo, no the commander of the regiment was strict muslim once he saw tatoo he went crazy. So he got some sand paper and told the kid to sand it off until it came off. The kid obviously refused, so he was beaten up by the elite commando's, i mean beaten up. They under orders sanded the tatoo off. I have to do military service as well and hell no will i get a tatoo. My cousin said they sanded down to the muscle.

MsRzaRecTaH
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh wow for real?!! Damn I can only imagine if they were to do that to me... I would have no back.. since most of you all know I got my whole back done.. but it means alot to me.. its not there just for looks.. its actually my whole life story or what I been thru ..... It took me years to think about what I wanted on my back.. I didnt wake up one day and say OH LET ME GET MY WHOLE BACK DONE lol... but mines is not done yet...

7EL7
04-25-2006, 12:38 AM
i'd lick the tatoos on MsRzaRecTa back like the best tasting candy in the world :yes:

MsRzaRecTaH
04-25-2006, 06:52 PM
i'd lick the tatoos on MsRzaRecTa back like the best tasting candy in the world :yes:
Peace.. you can do that anytime!!!! ;$

Kong
04-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I got one japanese symbol meaning mother just after i lost her. After i got that first one i really wanted another but never got round to it, i changed my mind in that time, im just sticking with one at the moment, i might get another in the future, not to sure though, id have to take a lot of time with it if i did.

Razorsharp
04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/rL10304/DSC03650copy.png

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/rL10304/DSC03225.png

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/rL10304/DSC03461.png
jus in case ya'll missed it :dududu:

Aqueous Moon
04-25-2006, 08:37 PM
^ I like it....I think it's fly

MsRzaRecTaH
04-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Yo Some Guy sent me a message on myspace talking about that Im beautiful but I killed my beauty by putting ink on my body.. but yet his whole body is covered with ink.. with stupid stuff I felt like going off on him.. but nah its cool let me post a pic of my back brb

MsRzaRecTaH
04-25-2006, 08:39 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~msrzarectah7/373.jpg

Aqueous Moon
04-25-2006, 08:43 PM
wow...that's straight up beautiful!!!

Hella propz to you MSRZA!

Kong
04-25-2006, 08:43 PM
wow, how long that take?

MsRzaRecTaH
04-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks !!!! I got it 3 years ago but its still in the works lol.. I came up with the whole concept only because of what I been thru in my life.. so its basically a chapter in my life that I had to face.. or sometimes I feel like Im still facing.. see the smoke by the pyramids ... that represents my struggle in my life.. and I am still stuggling being a single parent and trying to provide for my 2 seeds.. queenefertiti would be me.. for I will always conquer and rule over negativity and see how shes pointing to the w . .well thats for wisdom and victory... for I am here to teach wisdom to my seeds and will be victorius ...... but theres more to explain..

Razorsharp
04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrzarectah7/373.jpg

you can PM me the front view.. much love msrza

MsRzaRecTaH
04-25-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah right lol!@!!

thanks though

Kong
04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks !!!! I got it 3 years ago but its still in the works lol.. I came up with the whole concept only because of what I been thru in my life.. so its basically a chapter in my life that I had to face.. or sometimes I feel like Im still facing.. see the smoke by the pyramids ... that represents my struggle in my life.. and I am still stuggling being a single parent and trying to provide for my 2 seeds.. queenefertiti would be me.. for I will always conquer and rule over negativity and see how shes pointing to the w . .well thats for wisdom and victory... for I am here to teach wisdom to my seeds and will be victorius ...... but theres more to explain..

i think its a lot better when a tattoo has meaning. Peace MsRzaRecTa.

Aqueous Moon
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM

Word!...deep and meaningful tats.

That's peace.

MsRzaRecTaH
04-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Yo thanks alot!!! Im glad yall understand

Razorsharp
04-25-2006, 09:26 PM
did u get my PM msrza....

MsRzaRecTaH
04-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah I replied.. I thought I replied

WARPATH
04-26-2006, 10:08 AM

There's still room to hit your back up with "WAR CHIEF was here!" J/P

Your tatoos are ill props.

My First Timbs
04-26-2006, 10:29 AM
im just now peepin this thread.. ms rza's tattoo is off the chain

hotness

WARPATH
04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Galt, is there a significance in where you place your tats??

I was wondering cause I know exactly what spots on my body I wanna place my tats...but, I was wondering if there is a science to it, ya know what I mean?

Don't put tatoos on your fore arms, that'll lower your chance of being hired for certain jobs at many places.

But fuck it- your body is yours, its the only thing you truly own so hit it up however, tatoos... piercing whatever it's your body.

Tatoos help empower you.......that's the science- Lady Rza hit up her back and she's proud of it, and she should be that's empowerment- makes you an indvidual. I got one on my arm that shit boasts my heritage, and it empowers me- especially when woods look at me funny. Get something that you want- don't get some praying hands or no shit like that everyone has that shit get something that's just you.

MsRzaRecTaH
04-26-2006, 10:51 AM
There's still room to hit your back up with "WAR CHIEF was here!" J/P

Your tatoos are ill props.

HAHA!!
Word.. I just gotta get the detail finished and its done... but I been saying that for a year and half now.. I wish my tat artist was available during the weekends...

Razorsharp
04-26-2006, 11:04 AM
im gettin some lyrics... maybe in 2 weeks before i finish the 1st year of college..peace

L~>1<~NKS
04-26-2006, 11:13 AM

Im feelin it ma - as long as you don't get a body suit or add color it's all good.

My tat is far from finished though.

HANZO
04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
thats sum tatoo there msrza, it having a meaning behind it makes it a very unique and special tatoo. Are you gonna add anything else to that tatoo??

PolitiC
04-26-2006, 02:16 PM
im about to get my 2nd tattoo so yeah im for tattoos but for each his own

MsRzaRecTaH
04-26-2006, 02:32 PM
L1nk
no esta acabado...
pero muy pronto...

and once its done I promise Ill explain the whole thing to you guys. .I know I been saying this since 04 lol.. well back in the day before the crash!!

L~>1<~NKS
04-26-2006, 02:52 PM
L1nk
no esta acabado...
pero muy pronto...

and once its done I promise Ill explain the whole thing to you guys. .I know I been saying this since 04 lol.. well back in the day before the crash!!

I feel you - my shit is gon be ridiculous though. Only reason it's not finished is because pockets ain't tight right now.

So your a survivalist eh? Welcome to the club ma.

MsRzaRecTaH
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
HAHA! Peace L1nks.. we will build on that subject later!!

I Fuck haters
04-26-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't have any I always say no in Tattoo shop. Maybe I get regrets if I take one and it gets ugly when you get older.