PDA

View Full Version : Which double disc do you like most?

Edgar Erebus
04-18-2006, 02:32 PM
I gave my voice to Life after Death, I was just feeling it most. You peeps decide. One love

P.S. I know there are more, but in my opinion they can't match these. I didn't even include 2Pac's posthumous double-discs

TUCO
04-18-2006, 02:48 PM
i know its gonna make me sound like a wu bitch but Forever slightly edges Life after Death
Street's Disciple was extremely underappreciated i think....ppl always expect Illmatic part 2

Rorschach
04-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Nice thread, you'll find everyone(even on a Wu site) will have a different opinion on this, but that's what makes talking about it so fun, right?:yes:

Like the poster above I don't like ranking Wu's work above other legends because it always sounds like we are bias, but for me none of the other albums listed come close to it. For me it brings together virtually everything I think hip hop should be about and slaps it on a nice double disc.

I'm not a fan of All Eyes On Me(apart from a few standout tracks), for me it represented a total change in style, it's a lot more sloppy than the rest of his work, it has a lot of filler(don't tell me What's Your Phone Number isn't one of the worst songs ever?). After re-reading that short review of Pac's double disc album, it sounds pretty similar to my feelings on The Blueprint 2. Some classic songs on both of them, but they aren't as strong or as consistent as Wu-Tang Forever.

Another one I'd throw into the debate(even though Wu Tang Forever is #1 anyway) is The Art Of War by Bone Thugs, which I think musically(The Wu takes the the crown from a lyrical standpoint everytime) is the most impressive double disc ever.

TUCO
04-18-2006, 03:03 PM
chea was also surprised by not seein Art of War there
album was toght work!

Ink Is My Drink
04-18-2006, 03:07 PM
wu forever

fav album ever! its such a classic (to me dont care if it is to you)

Shaolin Warrior
04-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Not to sound biased, but yeah, Wu Forever takes the cake.

And like some of you have said, why isn't Bone's Art Of War there? That's like, my second fav 2-disk album.

-Gambino-
04-18-2006, 03:15 PM
All Eyez On Me.
There's 27 songs and i don't feel only 1 of them - Whats Ya # Number.

But other 26 songs are hot as hell imo.

PANDA PISS
04-18-2006, 03:16 PM
wu tang forever first
life after death comes second
c'mon, the rest of em aint shit

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-18-2006, 03:22 PM
this is an easy one

cap
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
i have to go with "all eyez on me"
some classic pac and real bangas on there,love that album!

Polocash7
04-18-2006, 05:31 PM
LAD wins it 4 me. Wu tang Forever is 2nd best(best by a group)

baby jesus
04-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I Voted For Wu- Forever But I Think Biggie Is Also One Of The Only Others To Make The Double Cd Work With Life After Death.

Bedlam
04-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Even though since this is a Wu site, and I don't wanna seem like a Stan, Wu Forever is much superior to any of those. LAD and AEOM are 2 of the most overrated albums ever. And lol at Jay-Z's wack ass album on the list.

oDoUoSoKo
04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
4ever

graffitiwhat
04-18-2006, 07:33 PM
im not sure if this would count as a double album but that
Pete Rock double cd with Deda - The Original Baby Pa and INI - Center Of Attention, both artists albums are completely produced by the Soul Brother himself, and the album itself is called "Lost and Found". dope fuckin album on all accounts

lil homie
04-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Obviously wu tang forever was gona win cause this a is a wu tang site but imo all eyez on me is the best in that list, don't get me wrong i love Wu but Pac is better. each to their own

num2son
04-18-2006, 08:04 PM
LOL, Wu-Tang Forever.