3. no one has any originality
4. everone think they're album is the best thing since illmatic
5. no body is making classics anymore
6. everybody new doesnt have skills
7. record companies are only concerned about having the hotest single
8. everybody thinks they can make a hot song using tupac acapella
9. most artists think bein a hustler is a right of passage into the game
10. in battles, who ever sells the most wins
11. most producers only need to make a track that people can dance to to be considered one of the best producers in history
12. its cause alot of young people to consider people like rakim and wu tang to be wack
13. everybody that comes out wit a song has to have the most bass like they want to start an earthquake
14. people who actually have skills arent signed because record companies are only looking for hot singles not albums
15. kevin federline wants to come out wit a rap album
16. everyone uses the same slang over and over again
17. everybody thinks thier debut was a classic
18. little jon
19. nick cannon
20. vanilla ice is better than half of these rappers
21. nelly
22. dipset
23. no body gives underground artists a chance
24. master p.
25. dr. dre still aint release detox
26. there are rap fans in the world who wont buy ob4cl2
27. everyone thinks that to be a rapper you have to have been poor and homeless
28. hardely any new producers sample
29. no body has a distinct sound
30. 50 cent
31. rappers need radio play to stay in the game
32. swizz beats
33. eberyone thinks they know what hip hop needs
34. no one wants to sound educated
35. no one talks about real topics
36. songs speakin the facts can be considered wack
37. every one wants to be like big and pac
38. music videos wit nuttinbut girls shakin they ass
39. the south has taken over
40. alot of times people say hip hop was the only thing they could do because thier dumbass dropped out or what ever
41. people can get signed with a weeks worth of experience
42. half the albums out arent even worth the price. they aint even worth gettin for free
43. em decided to sell out
44. three 6 mafia
45. game had to come out wit a diss mixtape everyday for like a month
46. talib kweli, mos def, and the roots arent considered relevent to todays artists
47. the roots have only been able to go gold
48. everyone wants to put out a mixtape and act like they really want to take it underground
49. every body has got to double they hooks
50. rap is a fad, every one has to do it
51. anybody can become a hip hop producer
52. if a song dont have a hook it dont get played
53. the song "laffy taffy"
54. juelz santana
55. d4l and dem franchize boys sound just like each other
56. paul wall
57. da back wudz used a sample from willie wonka
58. crunk music
59. dr. dre aint bringin back the g-funk sound
60. every rapper today has to come out wit an album every year to stay hot
61. kevin federline is trying to rap
62. people said snoops rng album would be the best thing since doggy style
63. mike jones
64. nas is one of the few lyricists that can get the respect he deserves
65. white rappers can act black now
66. xxl magazine name half the albums they review xl or xxl
67. common had one of the dopest albums in '05 and only went gold
68. get rich or die tryin the movie
69. mobb deep signed wit g-unit
70. slim thug
71. everyone has household name status
72. kanye is the only one who speaks from his soul
73. young jeezy
74. run and dmc came out wit albums wit out jmj being able to be involved
75. camron took shots at jay-z
76. no body can come up wit creative metaphors
77. new dj's dont even use vinyl, its all cd
78. mp3/internet mixtape dj's
79. everone thinks that thier neighbor hood is the next hip hop capitol
80. ll cool j's most recent songs
81. lil romeo
82. bow wow
83. the new rappers today are considered roll models
84. no one from the new school shows love to the old school in records
85. the only time rappers want to be serious is over stupid shit like the game gettin mad because 50 said that he was the reason game was signed
86. juvenile
87. d4l
88. benzino
89. lil wayne
90. alot of hip hop is rnb oriented
91. cassidy
92. most of these rappers are probably here because they were only qualified to work at seven eleven
93. the pointless beefs that have been goin on
94. too many people say they're og's
95. jermain dupri
96. if your a rapper and you were shot before people would consider you hard.
97. pharrel williams
98. dem franchize boys
100. no one cares about makin music that touches people

graffitiwhat
04-18-2006, 07:50 PM
lol i like how some of the reasons are, artists, if you even wanna call them that, d4l,cassidy, dem franchize boys, thats mad funny

444trumpets
04-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Coo shit...

Wu bout to bring it back tho...and dre...

Wutang foreva muthafuckas!

Jimmy Focus
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
hold on i like em i just said he sold old. em is one of my favs

xHard to Earnx
04-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah, Lil Wayne's Paid In Full beats using ass is definitely why modern rap sucks.

TUCO
04-18-2006, 08:13 PM
100. no one cares about makin music that touches people

R.Kelly?

TUCO
04-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Some of those reasons are mad ignorant...

In a way...EVERY rapper is after money, bitches, and cars....they just go thru different ways of getting them...

You dont think Underground rappers wanna make hot singles? They arent discovered, but give em one song to the radio...they Sell out more than Jay-Z...

Not all Radio is wack....and dont say they are unoriginal thru production...look at D4L....beat sounds like nothing else out....and it was made on FL...so you cant say that they arent original....

You may not like em....but Respect them for actually making it....cus alot of us know how hard it is to make it in the game...

bro....he's 14:loser:

EAGLE EYE
04-18-2006, 08:22 PM
well this post is 99% on point

MaShPG
04-18-2006, 08:30 PM
^^ not at all. If you don't like rap don't listen to it, simple as that. I don't get why you backpackers need to hate on a genre of music and create lists of whats wrong with it. Just listen to Hip Hop then, fuck a rap if you don't like it. We have like 3 threads a week about how rap sucks. Hip Hop doesn't, and this is a Hip Hop forum. Let rap suck if it wants, and let the ignorant listen to it. Do you.

num2son
04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Nice list.

Edgar Erebus
04-19-2006, 01:03 AM
In a way...EVERY rapper is after money, bitches, and cars....they just go thru different ways of getting them...

Shit what an idiotic statement. Now tell me Public Enemy and T'Cha KRS are on their way to get ends, hoes and cars, what the fuck? Did you ever listen to them huh?

Rebel_INS
04-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Pretty good list, I agree with most of it. Most of the shit nowdays IS wack

Bone Collecta
04-19-2006, 01:57 AM
you guys are really stupid IT WAS ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY. the only time it wasnt was in the beginning during the kool herc and sugar hill days. As soon as Run DMC, etc... made it IT WAS ALL ABOUT MONEY.

just different things sold at different periods.

if u knew anything about business you would know

Bone Collecta
04-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Shit what an idiotic statement. Now tell me Public Enemy and T'Cha KRS are on their way to get ends, hoes and cars, what the fuck? Did you ever listen to them huh?

yeah they wanna be broke rappers their whole life right?

why u think KRS dissed nelly? for the hell of it? lmao he was trying to get Nelly's fan base to listen to him.

if they tell you they dont want money they are LYING

Edgar Erebus
04-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Man, I just cannot agree that was always all about money. Why Public Enemy didn't turn gangsta after Muse? Why are they still dropping revolutionary shit?

Shit they do want money, but not for the sake of everything else

Bone Collecta
04-19-2006, 02:01 AM
Man, I just cannot agree that was always all about money. Why Public Enemy didn't turn gangsta after Muse? Why are they still dropping revolutionary shit?

do you see fake shit on flavor flav? i guess he doesnt have gold and platinum and a big house right? cause they werent doing it for money lmao riiiiiiiight^O^

Edgar Erebus
04-19-2006, 02:04 AM
yeah so that's proof they do it just for money? chuck d's attitude towards p2p is also just a commercial move right?

Bone Collecta
04-19-2006, 02:05 AM
yeah so that's proof they do it just for money? chuck d's attitude towards p2p is also just a commercial move right?

i didnt say they JUST did it for money but that was a reason they did it. the revolutionary was a good gimmick. they got some cake from it. :clap:

Visionz
04-19-2006, 02:21 AM
For some its not a gimmick for some it's a way of life. Do you think Dead Prez is gimmicky? Hell nah, they say it cuz they mean it.

Bone Collecta
04-19-2006, 02:23 AM
but do they not want money? they lying if the said they didnt. plus artists get most of their money from shows and appearances not album sales thats how labels get their shit. if u stay on the show grind ull have nice change in ya pocket

Edgar Erebus
04-19-2006, 02:25 AM
Yeah, but more as a side effect, knowImsayin? It's good if they get ends for that, but it's not the whole point

Visionz
04-19-2006, 02:26 AM
Everyone wants freedom, money provides that for you in America. You makin it sound like PE did that shit cuz it's what would sale. They said what they felt and got paid for it. Same for Dead Prez. Do you ever listen to PE?

Bone Collecta
04-19-2006, 02:36 AM
yup i used to have an album or 2 b4 my comp fuked up. at the time of the golden era the lyrical shit is what sold cause it was popular today the clubs are popular and so they get club tracks for singles. it was about the timing

Rorschach
04-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Some disgusting blind hate in here.:$

Hiphop has ALWAYS been materialistic. Look at Rakim flexin his gold on the Paid In Full album cover. Hear Melle Mel spitting rhymes about wealth back in the late 70s with the Furious Five. Kane being treated like a king with woman servants bringing him grapes and gold. on Long Live The Kane. You lot hating on everyone now gonna tell me Rakim aint real Hiphop? Big Daddy Kane? Jay-Z? I cant stand the attitudes of some of these guys. 'Real Hip hop' has always been about that bravado shit.

A balance, that's what it's all about. I can listen to the likes of Mos Def who straddle that balance perfectly. They aint condesending. Talib too, for instance, gave 50 props in an article. 50 duly responded and said he was a fan of Talib. Thats the kind of thing we need. Not one side calling the other backpackers, and the other side calling the other commercial/bling/not real etc.

I'm not saying you cant shit on xyz rapper, or not like their music. But sometimes I want to be ignorant. Sometimes I want to get rowdy to Dipset in the club and smack a motherufcker in the face. Sometimes I want to see videos with bare booty on the screen. Yet sometimes I want to learn something from a verse Monch kicks. Music is entertainment, and I aint in a certain mood the whole time, so why chastise those who cater to various moods?

Funk_Dock
04-19-2006, 07:03 AM
i agree with bone collecta, it was always about the money, i mean it started out bein a 'hobby' but when people found out they could use their talent to pay the bills they cashed in on thier opportunity

its their talent....they use it to make a living...like we all do/will do

Claustrofobic
04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Yo its like they want it both man, there are these sellouts that rap strictly for money, and the ones that do it to get their message across, but want to get paid while they at it to get by

like dirt schultz said, WHO THE FUCK WANNA BE AN MC IF U CANT GET PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID, TO BE A FUCKING MC

na diel
04-19-2006, 02:37 PM
that's why I stick with the Wu old and new,
"there's no creativity in the game no more,
it's the same old bore" - E. Sermon

Aqueous Moon
04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
That's not really what KRS said tho

He was tryna to say something else...

like you can't understand the culture of hip hop through an institutionalized mind...i.e. college

Hip hop is something you live....

God_Son
04-19-2006, 03:48 PM
true that homie

Dough Snatcher
04-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Nice man, i couldnt agree with your more. #20 had me rollin though. #100 is 100% true...

Oh and i dont know if i over looked it or not but i think the list should have had that wack ass "Hyphe" shit on there. I swear go gawd every homo i see around my school with those stupid ass "Stunner Shades" on i wanna smack the shit out of um.

And for the record i still spin Vynil...XD

ShaDynasty
04-19-2006, 03:57 PM
man all that wack rappers, fake hip hop fans
all that
fuck it
i ignore it and hope it goes away
theyre will always be sum1 out there makin real hip hop (usually wu)

12weLvE
04-19-2006, 04:03 PM
LOL hes right about almost everything there man. Rep points for sure. I agree with graffitiwhat, "I like how some of the reasons are artist" example 50 Cent...haha

Aqueous Moon
04-19-2006, 04:08 PM
But he said it in the middle of another debate...

You heard the Audio for that situation, right?

I don't know...I thought you were talking about when he was beefing with old boy and then he ended up going off....lol. It was kinda funny

He was upset, tho

Sometimes things don't come out right when you are pissed, nahmean?

Bone Collecta
04-19-2006, 04:56 PM
man all that wack rappers, fake hip hop fans
all that
fuck it
i ignore it and hope it goes away
theyre will always be sum1 out there makin real hip hop (usually wu)

there is no such thing as real and fake hip hop

snapple
04-19-2006, 05:55 PM
KRS One is educated.....you dudes are misinterpreting a lot of shit.....and there definitly is real and fake hiphop, i guess you just can't distinguish the difference

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-19-2006, 06:02 PM
its more the fact that there isn't such a thing as real or fake money, after all that's what the industry revolves around

this hip hop issue is only important in chat rooms nowadays

snapple
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
^^manners has what to do with education? you can be educated and have no social skills homie

PDTantisocial
04-19-2006, 06:32 PM
I likes, I likes

TUCO
04-19-2006, 06:36 PM
this is one of the worst opinioted threads ever made
some of yall made some good points but the fact that they were brought up were a waste of time....yall speakin the truth but c'mon now
theres always gonna be some idiotic lil kid talkin noise bout "real hiphop" an watever....hip-hop is universal yo....u really think the southern MC's care to cater to the northern crowds?? think they classifying their music as any type of hip-hop??? hell FUCK no...thats just their sound
yall act like they really tryin to send some sort of message...their sound consists of party music and hood life
most of yall aint gonna like it and watever....so what? dont mean it aint hiphop
so yall who speakin the truth....jus keep it to yaself....aint gonna change no one

p.s. ......NY has definately fell off! west and south is killin yall dudes! lol

stak84
04-19-2006, 07:00 PM
that list is so fuckin stupid,

lil wayne is ill, hes different and i think hes one of
the most talented kids in the game right now

threee six mafia is ill they started that whole get buck
shit cant hate on that

people hate shit cuz they dont relate, i get sick of you
fuckin elitist ass people, shit i hate listening to the same
shit all the time, yall some fuckin zombies and shit

and Mash speaks the truth thats a smart kid yall should
heed his advice

Jimmy Focus
04-19-2006, 07:02 PM
this is one of the worst opinioted threads ever made
some of yall made some good points but the fact that they were brought up were a waste of time....yall speakin the truth but c'mon now
theres always gonna be some idiotic lil kid talkin noise bout "real hiphop" an watever....hip-hop is universal yo....u really think the southern MC's care to cater to the northern crowds?? think they classifying their music as any type of hip-hop??? hell FUCK no...thats just their sound
yall act like they really tryin to send some sort of message...their sound consists of party music and hood life
most of yall aint gonna like it and watever....so what? dont mean it aint hiphop
so yall who speakin the truth....jus keep it to yaself....aint gonna change no one

p.s. ......NY has definately fell off! west and south is killin yall dudes! lol

wtf is that suppose to mean when you said lil idiotic kid. you need to shut the fuck up. these are my reasons and if you dont like em FUCK YOU. just because you like a half a decade older than me dony mean shit. and besides the southern sound is straight up bullshit. all that party shit needs to get the fuck out of here. but yea, these are my reasons so there was know reason to call me a lil idiotic kid.

MaShPG
04-19-2006, 07:08 PM
^^ not at all. If you don't like rap don't listen to it, simple as that. I don't get why you backpackers need to hate on a genre of music and create lists of whats wrong with it. Just listen to Hip Hop then, fuck a rap if you don't like it. We have like 3 threads a week about how rap sucks. Hip Hop doesn't, and this is a Hip Hop forum. Let rap suck if it wants, and let the ignorant listen to it. Do you.

but they don't hear me doe.

Jimmy Focus
04-19-2006, 07:10 PM
hip hop party music today was way different then what it was back then. back then they were in it to have fun, but today its all about who gets the most radio play. yea hip hop did start out as party music but it was all underground back then

Bone Collecta
04-19-2006, 07:58 PM
shut the fuck up. maaaaan u have no idea what ur talking about. GO TO THE SOUTH they have alot of parties and shit. you all are speaking on shit yall know nothing about

TUCO
04-19-2006, 10:15 PM
lol
leave kiddo alone

Mykal86
04-20-2006, 01:37 AM
yeah I'm not a big fan of the south....but for the LONGEST time prior to Houston rap blowing the fuck up I had been hearing about Paul Wall & Chamillionaire(when they were in the color changing click), Mike Jones, Z-Ro, UGK, etc. What I'm saying is that shit WAS underground for a good while it surprised me a little that it all blew up, but at the same time it didn't b/c if I heard about them from every kid in highschool all the time trying to play me a track there had to be something to the buzz.

Bone Collecta
04-20-2006, 01:49 AM
they were all on their hustle and grind mayne they didnt just get a deal they mde labels want to sign them cause they were getting nice sales in their home