PDA

View Full Version : turntable

cheguevara6
04-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Am thinking about buying some turntables to create some hip hop of my own.

Does anyone here own some turntables?

Is it worth it to buy some?

They are expensive, technics run 450 each, plus speakers and a mixer. Thats a ton of money.

Would you reccomend sticking with electric guitars. or are turntables a worthwhile investment?

Are they really hard to learn?

EAGLE EYE
04-20-2006, 12:54 AM
i actually almost bought some straight arm gold edition technics. forget the model #, but yea compare your prices so u dont get taken.

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
04-20-2006, 01:22 AM
i have some geminis and a numark mixer, somewhat cheap but they get the job done for me. im gonna probably upgrade sometime soon but whats sad is everything is gonna switch over to cd. fuck that though, vynyl is the way to go and i hate roland or whichever company first made the cd turntables.

dont forget you need an amp or reciever of some sort, just speakers wont do it

graffitiwhat
04-20-2006, 02:05 AM
if you want quality, either go with Technics or Vestax, if your going to get serious about DJ'ing go with either of those 2 brands, numark and stanton are decent, never used gemini but havent heard good things about them, if you want to just play records and not mess around with them, strictly just to play a record, get any of the above mentioned brands, but i do know, Vestax makes a portable turntable that goes for either 150 or 200 bucks or something in between that and its dope, but if you want something that youll never have to worry about, go with 1200's those things are seriously built like tanks, Peace

Murdah Piff
04-20-2006, 11:03 AM
i actually almost bought some straight arm gold edition technics. forget the model #, but yea compare your prices so u dont get taken.
the gold 1200 run 900 each you crazy dunn

i paid my whole set up turntables mixer amp speakers stylus for 700$

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
yea graffitiwhat, geminis dont have that great a reputation. but i put better needles in them and theyre getting the job done for now.