06. Backstage Pass
07. Give It To Me (Feat. Young Buck)
08. Click Click (Feat. Tony Yayo)
09. Pearly Gates (Feat. 50 Cent)
10. Capital P, Capital H
11. Daydreamin'
12. The Infamous (Feat. 50 Cent)
13. In Love With The Moula
14. It's Alright (Feat. 50 Cent & Mary J. Blige)
Bonus Tracks
15. Have A Party (Feat. 50 Cent & Nate Dogg)
16. Outta Control (Remix) (Feat. 50 Cent)

I've been debating who was better over the past couple of years, D.P.G. or Mobb Deep. With this album it's gotta go to the Dogg Pound, Mobb Deep fell the fuck off. Everything about Blood Money is a mess.. it sounds like they just decided the hard part was over when they signed to 50. I'm not saying that this album is bad however, it's just messy and underachieving for Mobb Deep. I was pretty worried when i saw that Havoc was only producing half the record, but maybe that's the best thing they could have done in the end - Hav's beats either sound uninspired (Smoke It, which is co-produced by Sha Money XL and Speakin' So Freely) or far too experimental for most people to appreciate (Creep).. however, Put Them In Their Place, Stole Something & Click Click are on par with Hav's best late-period work. Still, 3 out of 6 Hav beats are hot? What happened to the Hell On Earth days when he could produce an entire record? Beatwise, the rest of the record is either hit or miss, but only 1 or 2 beats really sound like the type Mobb would rock over though. The Infamous & Capital P, Capital H are both hot, but songs like Backstage Pass make me wish that producers still looped their shit.. the intro to that song would make a HOT beat.

Lyrically, this album just falls flat on its face. I'll be the first to admit that Mobb Deep were never (ever) the most lyrical rappers around, but they had their moments - Prodigy's verse on Drink The Pain Away, Havoc's half slurred flow on HoE.. all that made up for their limited subject matter. Here though, Prodigy can't even rap decently anymore. His flow is shot to shit, and Havoc's lyrical/flow improvement over the past few years disappears like it never even happened. I can't believe websites were hyping up P's verse on Capital P.. like it's some amazing return to form (wow, abbreviations with the letter P in them!). Their subject matter is just guns, girls and money except on maybe Pearly Gates, which somebody at G-Unit Records/Interscope decided to edit out anyway. That's pretty damn safe of 50. Speaking of 50 and the rest of G-Unit.. I don't like 50, and I like Banks & Buck, but their verses are completely forgettable. 50 appears on six tracks and manages to steal the spotlight on Creep & Pearly Gates even if he hasn't spit a verse like Hate It Or Love It since.. Hate It Or Love It, really.

Overall, terribly disappointing. I actually like the Tony Yayo album more, because I know he's not capable of making a good record and I don't have the same expectations. Mobb Deep just joined the ranks of old school NY'ers who just don't have the motivation to make good music anymore. I hope one day they listen to The Infamous and then Blood Money and realise just how far they've fallen from their own standards.

2.5/5

Rorschach
04-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Their subject matter is just guns, girls and money

Agreed with that point especially, nice review. I'm normally very open-minded when it comes to artists I haven't enjoyed listening to in the past, I'll always give them a second, third and sometimes fourth or fifth chance.

I listened to Blood Money once throughout, and I thought(like most people)....damn....The G-Unit version of Mobb Deep truly do suck. So I started the album over again, and listening to it for the second time, I noticed how much they mentioned the same subjects(and then turned it off halfway through and went back to my Lupe compilation:lmao: ), the beats save this album so much, which is strange because I heard Dre didn't go near this.

They are clearly very desperate for this to sell, the cover is disgusting in my opinion, just shows the lame mentality of G-Unit. Also I found the fact they have included two party tracks in Outta Control Remix and Have A Party, both which appeared on other albums, very desperate.

The songs I did like sounded a lot better than they probably actually are alone, it's just any sort of average song on here sounds very, very good, if that makes sense? Songs I liked;

09. Pearly Gates (Feat. 50 Cent)
12. The Infamous (Feat. 50 Cent)
14. It's Alright (Feat. 50 Cent & Mary J. Blige)

However none of those will make the MP3 player, and it's funny how two of those tracks are recycled beats(AZ - New York & Alchemist - Tick Tock).:lmao:

I give it a 3/5, rounded up from 2.5
On a slightly related subject, I just downloaded 'The Alchemist files' or something like that, filled with tracks from G-Unit and other trash, it's worse than Blood Money, however if you get the chance, listen to AZ - Professional Style, sounds like something straight from the A.W.O.L cd.^O^

Murdah Piff
04-21-2006, 07:29 AM
On a slightly related subject, I just downloaded 'The Alchemist files' or something like that, filled with tracks from G-Unit and other trash, it's worse than Blood Money, however if you get the chance, listen to AZ - Professional Style, sounds like something straight from the A.W.O.L cd.^O^
hahahaha Chemistry Files is the illest beats for mainstream cats you just hatin cause he's workin with g-unit and cam'ron. you hate so much on g-unit you dont even give the mobb a chance. speakin so freely, click click, put em in they place, smoke it, pearly gates, the infamoius ALL BANGERS

if you aint feelin DAYDREAMIN your a fuckin geek

7/10

Dr Zayus
04-21-2006, 08:35 AM
if you aint feelin DAYDREAMIN your a fuckin geek

Now I know you're overrating the Mobb Deep album because you're secretly disappointed and you're not actually going to listen to Daydreamin a week from now, but listen to this song again then listen to G.O.D. pt. III and tell me which once you're going to listen to again.

12weLvE
04-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Album completly TRASH. WOW I would have never though id say this. How you go from Classics like The Infamous, Hell On Earth and Murda Musik, TO this SHIT!!! WOW thats all I can say.

WUHEADSINCE93
04-21-2006, 11:42 AM
well I will check it out but it looks and sounds like a 50 cent lp with the songs I heard so far

solid_servo
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
if anyone could up this for me and pm me with the address i'd really appreciate it. especially with all the hate from you cats i want to hear what it sounds like before i buy it.

Deity Allah
04-28-2006, 01:08 PM
It's Alright f. 50 Cent & Mary J. Blige is the same beat from Tick Tock off the Alchemist 1st Infantry album with Prodigy & Nas.

The Infamous is a recycled Alchemist beat that Common used on the "One Day It will All make sense" album.

This album is straight trash. The only songs that I actually like are Speakin' So Freely & Stole Something

dat MF
05-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Mobb Deep fell the fuck off. No shit, Sherlock? They fell off since Infamy. Since then they are trash, I don't have much respect for them, even though they made two of my favorite albums (HOE & Infamous). Havoc said that Amerikaz Nightmare or Infamy or Murda Muzik is better then Hell On Earth and Juvenile Hell. What a bitch ass.

MaShPG
05-02-2006, 06:40 PM
http://i3.tinypic.com/w051cj.jpg

oDoUoSoKo
05-02-2006, 06:42 PM
omfg that pic is genius

Wu-Tang 9
05-02-2006, 08:15 PM
maybe a little off topic but they are gonna be in my city tom and im gonna see em perform this album and maybe some ole school tracks. I really hope i dont see any G-Unit BS

Claustrofobic
05-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I've been debating who was better over the past couple of years, D.P.G. or Mobb Deep. With this album it's gotta go to the Dogg Pound, Mobb Deep fell the fuck off.

come on man, The Infamous and Hell on Earth shits all over the whole DPG discography, those DPG cats will never top what Havoc and P have given us in '95/'96

Baitong
05-08-2006, 10:25 AM
i don't like the album it has to much G-unit influence on there

adedwutang
05-08-2006, 07:02 PM
i only herd a cuple songs, like 2 or 3. i was feelin those tracks alot, but from the sounds of it they must have been the best 3, if so then im not plannin on coppin this album
get at me-

hellz_wind_staff
05-09-2006, 10:11 AM
This album is simply horrible. I read some reviews on the net and thought it couldnt be as bad as people were saying so I thought I would check it out, man was I disappointed. There is no way I would ever listen to this album again, its a real shame....

DisAstro
07-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Completly f*cked up.

1.5/5

CharlesJones
07-20-2006, 05:27 PM
LOL@MashPG's picture of Mobb Deep with 50 Cent wearing a Ronald McDonald's uniform hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm gonna get this album burned and see how it sounds. I'm really disappointed in Mobb Deep for signing with G Unit anyway. That's a bitch ass move they made. They should've signed with a independent label. I really liked their Amerika's Nightmare album. A lot of people dissed that album.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-20-2006, 07:25 PM
I'll be the first to admit that Mobb Deep were never (ever) the most lyrical rappers around,

Your whole review just lost any credibilty with this remark.

In the 90s on H.O.E and the Infamous, Prodigy was the most talented lyricist in the game. Not only did he and Hav have the best sounding voices, You have no appreciation for his technical skill level. The way P would create rythems in his ryhmes that you never even knew were there, his flow was beyind comprehension for 90% of rappers.

I guess his talents were too subtle for you to comprehend, or maybe you couldnt look past the "non-concious" style lyrics, if youre talking about freestyle, free form, new york style rappin, you cant look past P and hav.

IsMaR
07-21-2006, 12:17 AM
they been going downhill ever since Infamous, which was a classic...

crass
07-21-2006, 12:53 AM
wack. wack. wack. wack .wakcwkwkwkkakakckla wack wacmk wackac q2kwqwekc alkwqe qlkwael.e l.jdsa';lpk iuw39804[90 ;injl;'dioadwAWACK WACK

Edgar Erebus
07-21-2006, 01:17 PM
3/5, cause they have exciting club production. Especially on "Have a Party" and "Outta Control" - Dre production always works

God_Son
07-22-2006, 11:17 AM
this shit is hot, HOT GARBAGE

Antibody
07-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Ive heard most of the songs from this album... it doesnt sound as bad as people are saying it is, but Im gonna take peoples advice and not buy it, however I do really like a few of the songs, but thats mainly down to the beats.

Put em in their place and pearly gates are brilliant.

the infamous, have a party and outta control remix are all quite good aswell...

rest of the songs i heard were okish.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Well i DL'd the album now and theres probably 2- 3 songs that I like. The rest are trash mateirial. Prodigy just sounds so fucking depressed. Best song is put em in their place by faaaaaaaaar.

Alrite tracks:
Capital P, Capital H
The infamous
Smoke it

Kong
08-12-2006, 07:59 AM
i can't say i liked it but i didn't think wack. just boring.

BRONZBODY
08-15-2006, 02:18 AM
imma pull a kris kross..dis shit is wiggedy wack!!! so was amerikkkas nightmare

100pr00f
08-21-2006, 03:51 PM
the cd sucks bad haha dint buy good thing i just d/l.....i threw it out the window after the 2nd time i listen to it

Dr Zayus
08-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Your whole review just lost any credibilty with this remark.

In the 90s on H.O.E and the Infamous, Prodigy was the most talented lyricist in the game. Not only did he and Hav have the best sounding voices, You have no appreciation for his technical skill level. The way P would create rythems in his ryhmes that you never even knew were there, his flow was beyind comprehension for 90% of rappers.

I guess his talents were too subtle for you to comprehend, or maybe you couldnt look past the "non-concious" style lyrics, if youre talking about freestyle, free form, new york style rappin, you cant look past P and hav.

Because flow=lyrics. Right. We were all fans of P originally because of his flow and emotion, not his lyrics. He wasn't on the level of Red, Meth, Biggie, Nas or Jay lyrically and you know it. And I don't listen to just conscious music like most of the people on this site. I understand and appreciate that flow often counts for more than lyrics. But that doesn't mean P was a lyrical god. He was a great MC, however.

InfamousRD
08-30-2006, 04:17 PM
good beats but some of the lyrics are wack

beardman
01-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Lyrically this cd is total crap.

I'd say the best song is a club song: Outta Control (Remix)

Pearly gate and Put 'em in their place are decent too.

I rate it 4/10. (2/5 mics)

It's sad to hear they are trying to bite 50's style, since they are veterans of the rap game and way above 50's level.
________
star craft replays (http://screplays.com/)

CharlesJones
03-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I thought this album was tight. I don't know why it got so much hate from people. Only song i didn't really like was Daydreaming with Mary J Blige.

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Ass.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-16-2007, 04:57 AM
No shit, Sherlock? They fell off since Infamy. Since then they are trash, I don't have much respect for them, even though they made two of my favorite albums (HOE & Infamous). Havoc said that Amerikaz Nightmare or Infamy or Murda Muzik is better then Hell On Earth and Juvenile Hell. What a bitch ass.

yeah what a bitch ass nigga, yo its time to pull the trigga < they rhymes bounce back to em...

CharlesJones
07-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Backstage Pass and Give It To Me songs are gay. Mobb Deep should've never signed with G Unit. It's a damn shame they're trying to be popular with teenagers when they're 30 something years old LOL.

CHRONZ
07-17-2007, 06:27 PM
atleast it sounds abit better than the splash from a massive shit

Chungsanity
04-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Solid Mobb album. A lot of grimey tracks as usual. People who say they fell off after a certain album aren't real fans.

Jin10304
04-19-2013, 12:35 PM
so as a fan your just supposed to accept whatever the artists shoves down your throat even if its garbage & not nearly what they're potential can fulfill in music?

Chungsanity
04-20-2013, 10:38 PM
fans are supposed to realize an artist's style changes over time and it's not going to be the same as it was in the past years. how could people expect mobb deep to duplicate hell on earth 10 years later?