PDA

View Full Version : The most shameful hip-hop label signings

Edgar Erebus
04-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I couldn't decide if the biggest shit was Nas's signing to Def Jam (and under command of his former enema Jigga), or M.O.P's signing to G-Unit... But then I decided 4 M.O.P

Your thoughts? Who signed the worst crap contract in hip-hop? In commercial or artitical way, whatever. Peace

MaShPG
04-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Nas wins this one for me. I'm for peace and all that crap, but k'mon dawg...he talked about ya baby mama.

Deity Allah
04-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Left condoms on your baby seat, nuff said ------>

Mykal86
04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
I dont get why everyone hates Def Jam I'll agree most the artists on there are wack, but Meth, Red, and Ghost are dope.

Edgar Erebus
04-21-2006, 08:52 PM
It ain't bout Def Jam, but bout his CEO (Jay), who wasn't treating Nas quite with respect in the past

tical2000
04-22-2006, 03:48 AM
NAS will be calling JAY-Z boss.......

Jeru
04-22-2006, 04:15 AM
I can't understand how you could say MOP's signing to G-Unit is the shittiest.They haven't even put out anything on G-Unit.

Edgar Erebus
04-22-2006, 04:16 AM
they will, in co-op wit Mobb Deep

DREW-DIE$EL
04-22-2006, 04:32 AM
Mace signin with g-unit.

4-Bar Killer
04-22-2006, 04:56 AM
shyne signing bad boy... got him in jail.. Otherwise probably mobb signing g-unit.. It's good for themselves, but bad for everybody else..

snapple
04-22-2006, 10:59 AM
cause def jam doesn't give a fuck about their hiphop artists and puts them in shakels

tical2000
04-22-2006, 02:19 PM
I can't understand how you could say MOP's signing to G-Unit is the shittiest.They haven't even put out anything on G-Unit.

haha I dont think MOP will ever put anything out......

12weLvE
04-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Mobb Deep signing to G-unit = A really really really bad album. If you dislike 50 dont bother; it almost seems like hes the 3rd member of Mobb Deep.

Jus Allah
04-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Mobb Deep signing to G-unit = A really really really bad album. If you dislike 50 dont bother; it almost seems like hes the 3rd member of Mobb Deep.

Yeh but it's not like the albums the dropped right before Blood Money were any good...

moktail
04-22-2006, 04:44 PM
the album was good in my opinion, but like InspectahCheck said, fifty is in 75percent of the tracks, making you feel like he is the third member.

The Lost Prophet
04-22-2006, 08:21 PM
i was upset about the nas thing to but then i thought about being in nas shoes......... im an artist who at most will probaly sell a million records. the industry and every other artist hates me. i put out good music and i never really had to make a mainstream song (not beat or collabo wise, but flow wise). i got one record lable offering me 1 million dollars for signing then i got my enemy who i felt i beat, offering me 3 million dollars and he says i dont have to change a thing about me so i can keep making my music. plus hip-hop is dying and like kweli says, "they would rather destroy each other in a cipher instead of build." it would be worthless to keep fighting one another when all i want to do is keep making music. and its not like jay-z isnt one of the most respected artist of ALLL TIME. he's not 50.

i've never heard of any mc of his kind get paid 3 million dollars for signing wit them....... who played who?

oh and mine is mobb deep

-The Abbott-
04-22-2006, 11:11 PM
no question, mobb deep...but you could go on the otherside to the top of the labels, like defjam. jigga came up top, put out some questionable shit a la jeezy, rihanna and a few others that aint real hip hop at least to most purists. clearly it was a money motive which is understandable but when will it stop. ghosts offering was one of the nicest shits to drop in a couple years, you think he may come out with reggie nobles soon, plus nas and meth later and things look up. then dude goes and drops a fuckin LL album, another rihanna and now is looking to release Rick Ross aka the jeezy of 2006. so i guess im just sayin that the bad signings are not limited to the artist.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-23-2006, 05:09 AM
nas for sure. mobb deep signing with g-unit in retrospect wasnt bad, the music on "amerikaz nightmare" wasnt exactly high calibre hip hop.

Wu-Tality
04-23-2006, 05:25 AM
I believe Ghost is pretty cool with Jay Z, he has alot of control on his music on Def Jam according to an interview.

Definitive X
04-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Nas signing to Def Jam is GOOD FOR HIP-HOP...with everyone talking about beef shit, and how badly they all wanna kill each other, and this MC ain't in the streets, and that MC ain't goin' platinum...what the fuck is up with that? I personally think that this LP is gonna be one of the better releases of Nas's career...AND he should have a 50 Cent diss on there...Nas deserves a cool mil for his hard work, and people should let bygones be bygones...Common Sense said worse about Cube but they still worked it out...Carmen's a ho anyway, that's probably why Nas doesn't give a fuck...

IronFingaz7
04-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Carmen's a ho anyway, that's probably why Nas doesn't give a fuck...

Exactly, he really doesn't. Yeah, its his baby mom's but why would you be angry at someone for talking about her when she made that choice to play him, word is she was with other artists when she was with Nas, fuck her. I wouldn't give a fuck, you can't be mad at the dude its not like dude forced her, he donesnt have to give a fuck about her, as long as he shows his daughter love and holds her down, who cares.

But my vote goes to M.O.P., not even because of music or anything, but I have a feeling their deal is going to be the same thing as it was on the Roc. On the label for mad long and still no release date because the people you work for can't appreciate your music and they want it to sound their way.

P.E.A.C.E.