PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop's Most Memorable Moments...To YOU.

tekunique
04-22-2006, 04:07 AM
i'll contribute later...

youngdeck01
04-22-2006, 01:50 PM
there should be alot of moments i feel are the best, but its either kuz im too young to remember the golden age of hiphop, or for the simlpe fact that hiphop does not produce such things today. One thing ill also
remember, (i wish i coulda saw this in person) was hearing at a Jay Z concert was ending, but before leaving he was gonna do Dead Presidents. But Nas came out and did the sample Jay used of him. If i saw that i probably woulda shit myself. Seein Nas n Jay on stage.

MaShPG
04-22-2006, 08:10 PM
^^^ Jay and Nas on stage? Nice.

I remember as a kid at sleepaway camp walking into a cabin to hear my counselors rapping every single word from C.R.E.A.M.

I remember Mos Def giving an amazing performance of Champion Requiem at the concert I saw last december.

I remember coming home from camp and buying like 10 Hip Hop CDs after my counselors taught me tha deal.

I remember the essay I wrote on Hip Hop last year.

I remember conversing on the state of Hip Hop with a homeless guy rocking a Wu Tang t-shirt.

I remember bringing my radio to the parks and listening to Hip Hop while balling.

I remember when Dilla, Big L, Proof, and Aaliyah died.

I remember a older kid explaining to me at the young age of 10 why Pac and Big were killed.

I remember the first time I heard Hip Hop. The summer of '99 at camp, in a Hip Hop course. They played me Common's I Used To Love H.E.R. I ran straight home, threw out all my whack rap CDs, and started building my collection.

Those are the memories for me...